|Browse by Catagory:
Civil Rights & Liberties
War & Peace
Cajun & Creole Cooking
Caribbean & West Indian Cooking
Diabetic & Sugar-Free Cooking
Low Fat Cooking
Middle Eastern Cooking
Pacific Rim Cooking
Home & Garden
Literature & Fiction
Sheet Music & Scores
Environmental & Natural Resources Law
Ethics & Professional Responsibility
Procedures & Litigation
Water Supply & Land Use
Lawyer and Crimal Humor
Outdoors & Nature
Hiking & Camping
Hunting & Fishing
Beer & Beer Making
Health & Fitness
Diets & Weight Loss
Children's Science & Nature
Vitamins & Supplements
Psychology and Counseling
Philosophy of Psychology
Physiological Aspects of Psychology
Psychology of Sexuality
Psychology Testing & Measurement
Chaos & Systems
Geometry & Topology
Logic & Brain Teasers
Chaos & Systems
Geometry & Topology
Probability & Statistics
Experiments, Instruments & Measurement
Chaos & Systems
Fusion & Fission
Nuclear Magnetic Resonance
Waves & Wave Mechanics
Administration & Policy
Allied Health Professions
Medical Education & Training
Endocrinology & Metabolism
Physician & Patient
Insects & Spiders
Fish & Aquariums
Mobile & Wireless Computing: Programming
Linux Kernel & Peripherals
Linux Networking & Administration
State & Local History
Sci Fi Calendars
Bujold, Lois McMaster
Card, Orson Scott
Chalker, Jack L.
Heinlein, Robert A.
McKillip, Patricia A.
Nye, Jody Lynn
Vitamins & Supplements
|World Without Cancer: The Story of Vitamin B17
Lowest new price: $13.80
Lowest used price: $10.00
List price: $17.50
Author: G. Edward Griffin
Brand: Brand: American Media (CA)
Mr. Griffin marshals the evidence that cancer is a deficiency disease like scurvy or pellagra aggravated by the lack of an essential food compound in modem mans diet. That substance is vitamin B17. In its purified form developed for cancer therapy, it is known as Laetrile.
Why has orthodox medicine waged war against this non drug approach? The author contends that the answer is to be found, not in science, but in politics and is based upon the hidden economic and power agenda of those who dominate the medical establishment.
This is a new edition of the book. It is the most complete and authoritative treatise ever produced on Laetrile. It explains the theory by which Laetrile is believed to work. Case histories are included.
- Used Book in Good Condition
|What You Must Know About Vitamins, Minerals, Herbs & More: Choosing the Nutrients That Are Right for You
Lowest new price: $10.79
Lowest used price: $1.29
List price: $15.95
Author: M.D. Pamela Wartian Smith
Brand: Pamela W Smith
Almost 75 percent of health and longevity is based on lifestyle, environment, and nutrition. Yet even if you follow a healthful diet, you probably don’t get all the nutrients you need to prevent disease. In What You Must Know About Vitamins, Minerals, Herbs & More, Dr. Pamela Smith explains how you can maintain health through the use of nutrients.
Part One of this easy-to-use guide discusses the individual nutrients necessary for good health. Part Two offers personalized nutritional programs for people with a wide variety of health concerns. People without prior medical problems can look to Part Three for their supplementation plans. Whether you want to maintain goodhealth or you are trying to overcome a medical condition, What You Must Know About Vitamins, Minerals, Herbs & More, can help you make the best choices for the health and well-being of you and your family.
- What You Must Know About Women's Hormones: Your Guide to Natural Hormone Treatments for PMS, Menopause, Osteoporis, PCOS, and More
- What You Must Know About Memory Loss & How You Can Stop It: A Guide to Proven Techniques and Supplements to Maintain, Strengthen, or Regain Memory
- What You Must Know About Thyroid Disorders & What to Do About Them: Your Guide to Treating Autoimmune Dysfunction, Hypo- and Hyperthyroidism, Mood ... Loss, Weight Issues, Heart Problems & More
- Why You Can't Lose Weight: Why It's So Hard to Shed Pounds and What You Can Do About It
- Your Blood Never Lies: How to Read a Blood Test for a Longer, Healthier Life
- The Anti-Alzheimer's Prescription: The Science-Proven Prevention Plan to Start at Any Age
- Magnificent Magnesium: Your Essential Key to a Healthy Heart & More
- Cracking the Metabolic Code: 9 Keys to Optimal Health
- The Rhodiola Revolution: Transform Your Health with the Herbal Breakthrough of the 21st Century
- Earl Mindell's New Vitamin Bible
|Himalayan Salt and Himalayan Salt Lamps; Himalayan Pink Salt, Himalayan Salt Block, Sea Salt, Bath Salts, Rock Salt Inhalers, Iodized Salt, Salt Lamp Benefits, and much more
Lowest new price: $8.48
Lowest used price: $8.76
List price: $9.77
Author: William Cook
Make salt your medicine, not your poison!
Guaranteed to answer all your questions, this book is the definitive guide to Himalayan salt and Himalayan salt lamps.
Written in an easy to read and understandable style and packed with useful, important, and powerful information, it will show you how to harness the power and unlock the potential of Himalayan salt.
Topics covered include:-
• Himalayan salt health benefits discussed in detail
• Why you should NEVER use ordinary table salt
• Himalayan salt lamps (crystal lamps/rock salt lamps) and their benefits
• Sea salt
• Healing properties of Himalayan bath salts
• Scientific studies and results
• Himalayan salt water – simple, but so powerful
• Salt inhalers (salt pipes)
• Cooking with Himalayan salt blocks
• Benefits to the skin
• Iodized salt
• A really useful salt lamp buyer’s guide
• ... and much, much more!
You will discover in detail everything you need to know about this wonderful, natural product and William Cook will show you its full value and amazing health benefits.
This book is a must have for anybody interested in their health and wanting to find out all about Himalayan salt and Himalayan salt lamps.
|The Vitamin D Solution: A 3-Step Strategy to Cure Our Most Common Health Problems
Lowest new price: $9.01
Lowest used price: $3.98
List price: $17.00
Author: Michael F. Holick
Brand: Plume Books
"This information can save your life. Really."—Christiane Northrup, MD, New York Times bestselling author of Goddesses Never Age and Women's Bodies, Women's Wisdom
Many Americans have succumbed to the scare tactics of the dermatological community, and avoid sunlight for fear of skin cancer and premature aging. Therefore, most of us suffer from vitamin D deficiency, which causes daily aches, pains, and fatigue, worsens serious illnesses, and diminishes the quality of everyday life. Drawing on decades of research, Dr. Michael f. Holick reveals a well-kept secret: our bodies need a sensible amount of unprotected sun exposure. The most comprehensive rescriptive book on the market, The Vitamin D Solution offers readers an easy and inexpensive plan to reversing the effects of vitamin D deficiency-and enjoying a substantially healthier life.
|The Real Vitamin and Mineral Book, 4th edition: The Definitive Guide to Designing Your Personal Supplement Program
Lowest new price: $11.12
Lowest used price: $2.49
List price: $17.00
Author: Shari Lieberman
With more than 300,000 copies in print, The Real Vitamin & Mineral Book is a trusted resource for people seeking to make sense of the plethora of information about nutritional supplements. Now in its fourth edition, this book provides up-to-date scientific validation for the use of dietary supplementation in both the treatment and prevention of disease and for overall optimum health-the very facts that are not made available to consumers when they purchase supplements.
In this fully revised and updated fourth edition, readers will find:
- complete usage and dosage recommendations for the twenty-eight basic vitamins and minerals that every person needs to promote health and to slow aging;
- advanced recommendations for special conditions that may require additional supplementation; and
- quick-reference charts and tables for easily updating supplement regimens.
With clear, understandable explanations, the most current scientifically documented nutrient guidelines, and easy-to-follow charts, The Real Vitamin & Mineral Book is concise and to the point-the only resource readers will need.
- BOOKS & MEDIA The Real Vitamin & Mineral Book 1 UNIT
|Vitamin C: The Real Story, the Remarkable and Controversial Healing Factor
Lowest new price: $12.02
Lowest used price: $10.50
List price: $18.95
Author: Steve Hickey
Brand: Brand: Basic Health Publications
Research into vitamin C is progressing rapidly despite a lack of funding from conventional medicine into its clinical applications. Orthomolecular medicine, which uses nutrients in large doses to treat disease, is regarded as highly controversial by the medical establishment. This rejection of the orthomolecular approach has little basis in science and reflects a bias at the heart of the status quo.
This book tells the story of how the controversy about vitamin C has grown and continues while the increasing evidence demonstrates the value of the orthomolecular approach. The story of vitamin C is an exciting journey into the workings of science and medicine, the intrigues of political economic influences, and the evolutionary history of humankind. Someday, medicine without vitamin C therapy will be compared to childbirth without sanitation or surgery without anesthetic. In this book,
- You will see that mega doses of vitamin C have proven to be an effective antibiotic, a nontoxic anticancer agent, and also a treatment for heart disease.
- We explain the real reasons behind conventional medicine's rejection of vitamin C therapy.
- You'll meet the pioneers of vitamin C research, who often faced great resistance in their advocacy for the health benefits of this nutrient.
Vitamin C is a simple molecule with powerful effects. If you want to be healthy, you should take enough vitamin C. After reading this book, you will know why. . . and how much.
- Used Book in Good Condition
|Stop America's #1 Killer
Lowest new price: $9.99
Lowest used price: $1.03
List price: $29.95
Author: MD JD Levy
Brand: Brand: Thomas E. Levy, MD, JD
In a very simple and inexpensive 3-pronged approach, you'll learn how to prevent and even reverse the arterial blockages that cause millions of heart attacks and send droves of Americans to the operating room for open heart surgery.
Coronary Heart Disease is Arterial Scurvy. In the next 24 hours, over 2,500 Americans will die from Coronary Heart Disease (CHD). The financial impact of CHD during that same 24 hours will approach $5,500,000. Based on government health statistics, over 25 million Americans are currently diagnosed with CHD and during the next 12 months over 600,000 of us will die from this disease. STOP AMERICA'S #1 KILLER! provides overwhelming evidence — including over 650 scientific references — that some conditions which we now consider as risk factors for CHD:
- all start with the depletion of arterial vitamin C levels (arterial scurvy) and
- are often just the body's way of compensating for the weakness in arterial walls caused by arterial scurvy.
This book also offers a protocol for preventing and reversing the arterial blockages that cause heart attacks.
You'll also get answers to these and other questions:
- How can cholesterol levels that are too low actually increase your risk for other debilitating and life-threatening diseases?
- How can traditional dental procedures start a continuing process that destroys your heart and coronary arteries?
- What's the important link between vitamin C, triglycerides and HDL?
- What should high levels of lipoprotein(a) tell your heart doctor?
- Which amino acid, coupled with vitamin C, stops anginal pain?
- Which hormone transports vitamin C into arterial cells and what factors impede the hormone's production?
- How are histamine and anti-histamine levels in the blood related to arterial plaque?
- What is the surprising relationship of vitamin C and calcium that impacts heart health and osteoporosis?
- How is periodontal health directly related to heart health?
- What minerals (found in many supplements) can dramatically increase your chance of heart attack and risk of cancer?
- Which season of the year produces the highest number of heart attacks, why, and how can you counteract the affect?
- How can the way you eat your food have as much of an impact on heart health as what you eat?
- What foods should you avoid and why? (Hint: It's a very short list and not like any you have ever seen — you will probably be shocked by the foods that aren't on the list).
- and many more.
- Used Book in Good Condition
|So You Think You're Healthy?: Listening to Your Body and Discovering the 12 Principles for Getting and Keeping Great Health!
Lowest new price: $13.51
Lowest used price: $27.66
List price: $19.99
Author: Suzanne Lavoie
This book will:
- explain what is happening in your body, helping you to understand what is making you healthy or unhealthy
- help you to assess if the 'healthy choices' you are making are really healthy
- reveal 5 factors that contribute to sickness
- teach you how to detect the initial signs of disease before they show up on a medical exam
- reveal the 12 Principles that can bring back health to your body
- instill inner confidence so that you don't have to fear diseases anymore
You will better understand how insignificant choices or habits can contribute to having a diseased body and how easy it is to change things around.
|Prescription for Dietary Wellness: Using Foods to Heal 2nd Edition
Lowest new price: $11.65
Lowest used price: $0.49
List price: $25.00
Author: Phyllis A. Balch CNC
Like its companion books--the number-one bestselling Prescription for Nutritional Healing and the newer Prescription for Herbal Healing--Prescription for Dietary Wellness offers authoritative information that is research-based and clearly written, making it easy for the reader to quickly find the subjects in which he or she is interested and to incorporate the dietary recommendations into his or her daily life.phytochemicals and antioxidants
Updates in this second edition include:
foods that boost immunity
how to choose the most nutritious foods
"standout" healing foods
how to design a diet for your individual optimal health, taking into account special dietary needs such as those of women, children, vegetarians, and others
diet-based healing techniques such as juicing, fasting, and detoxifying
how to avoid potential dietary dangers, including threats to water safety, foodborne diseases, food additives, food irradiation, antibiotics, genetically engineered foods, and undesirable substances such as caffeine, cholesterol, and sugar.
While not a cookbook, Prescription for Dietary Wellness also includes a number of easy, wholesome recipes and advice on cooking methods. It is a complete, practical guide to eating for good health.
As Hippocrates said, "Leave your drugs in the chemist's pot if you can heal the patient with food." Seems people didn't listen to him, because as the U.S. Surgeon General said more than 2,000 years after him, "Two-thirds of all deaths in 1997 in this country could be attributed to diet." They'd both likely advocate the information contained in Prescription for Dietary Wellness, a massive reference aimed at preventing and treating disease through diet. The Balchs, authors of the 3-million-plus bestseller Prescription for Nutritional Healing, which focuses mainly on supplements and herbs, have created another masterpiece. This book gives a solid education in nutrition basics, with references to the latest research. It also includes flavorful, antioxidant-packed recipes, and adds advice that has been proven effective for treating various ailments using specific foods and supplements. The book also includes:
The Balchs add advice about live juice and herbal preparations and cleansing (i.e., fasting and enemas, including a specific six-day cleansing diet). While this guide can feel a bit overwhelming at times (there are so many nutrients to consider, so many veggies and whole grains to consume), it's certainly not too technical, even for folks who could use a copy of Nutrition for Dummies, and it certainly succeeds in its mission of helping foster better dietary habits for good health.
- Charts with warning signs of disease and nutrient deficiency, along with guidelines to help start the healing process
- Charts that detail the nutrient needs of various organs, and which foods best supply the nutrients
- Lengthy chapters on specific categories of foods, such as beans, cruciferous vegetables, oils, and grains, explaining how best to cook them and the health benefits they confer
- More than 100 pages of quick, healthy, mostly low-fat recipes designed to pack the most nutritional punch for the calories
|The Doctor's Kitchen: Supercharge your health with 100 delicious everyday recipes
Lowest used price: $98.39
Page 4 of 227
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED AS IS AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.