|Browse by Catagory:
Civil Rights & Liberties
War & Peace
Cajun & Creole Cooking
Caribbean & West Indian Cooking
Diabetic & Sugar-Free Cooking
Low Fat Cooking
Middle Eastern Cooking
Pacific Rim Cooking
Home & Garden
Literature & Fiction
Sheet Music & Scores
Environmental & Natural Resources Law
Ethics & Professional Responsibility
Procedures & Litigation
Water Supply & Land Use
Lawyer and Crimal Humor
Outdoors & Nature
Hiking & Camping
Hunting & Fishing
Beer & Beer Making
Health & Fitness
Diets & Weight Loss
Children's Science & Nature
Vitamins & Supplements
Psychology and Counseling
Philosophy of Psychology
Physiological Aspects of Psychology
Psychology of Sexuality
Psychology Testing & Measurement
Chaos & Systems
Geometry & Topology
Logic & Brain Teasers
Chaos & Systems
Geometry & Topology
Probability & Statistics
Experiments, Instruments & Measurement
Chaos & Systems
Fusion & Fission
Nuclear Magnetic Resonance
Waves & Wave Mechanics
Administration & Policy
Allied Health Professions
Medical Education & Training
Endocrinology & Metabolism
Physician & Patient
Insects & Spiders
Fish & Aquariums
Mobile & Wireless Computing: Programming
Linux Kernel & Peripherals
Linux Networking & Administration
State & Local History
Sci Fi Calendars
Bujold, Lois McMaster
Card, Orson Scott
Chalker, Jack L.
Heinlein, Robert A.
McKillip, Patricia A.
Nye, Jody Lynn
Vitamins & Supplements
|Change Your Brain, Change Your Body: Use Your Brain to Get and Keep the Body You Have Always Wanted
Lowest new price: $4.28
Lowest used price: $1.05
List price: $16.00
Author: Daniel G. Amen
Brand: Daniel G Amen
The key to a better body—in shape, energized, and youthful—is a healthy brain. Based on the latest medical research, as well as on Dr. Amen’s two decades of clinical practice at the renowned Amen Clinics, where Dr. Amen and his associates pioneered the use of the most advanced brain imaging technology, Change Your Brain, Change Your Body shows you how to take the very best care of your brain.
With fifteen practical, easy-to-implement solutions involving nutritious foods, natural supplements and vitamins, positive-thinking habits, and, when necessary, highly targeted medications, Dr. Amen shows you how to:
* Reach and maintain your ideal weight
* Soothe and smooth your skin at any age
* Reduce the stress that can impair your immune system
* Sharpen your memory
* Increase willpower and eliminate the cravings that keep you from achieving your exercise and diet goals
* Enhance sexual desire and performance
* Lower your blood pressure without medication
* Avoid depression and elevate the enjoyment you take in life’s pleasures.
Whether you’re just coming to realize that it’s time to get your body into shape, or are already fit and want to take it to the next level, Change Your Brain, Change Your Body is all you need to start putting the power of the brain-body connection to work for you today.
- Change Your Brain Change Your Body Use Your Brain to Get and Keep the Body You Have Always Wanted
- Change Your Brain, Change Your Life (Revised and Expanded): The Breakthrough Program for Conquering Anxiety, Depression, Obsessiveness, Lack of Focus, Anger, and Memory Problems
- Healing Anxiety and Depression: Based on Cutting-Edge Brain Imaging Science
- The Amen Solution: The Brain Healthy Way to Get Thinner, Smarter, Happier
- Unleash the Power of the Female Brain: Supercharging Yours for Better Health, Energy, Mood, Focus, and Sex
- Change Your Brain, Change Your Life Deck
- Use Your Brain to Change Your Age: Secrets to Look, Feel, and Think Younger Every Day
- Making a Good Brain Great: The Amen Clinic Program for Achieving and Sustaining Optimal Mental Performance
- Healing ADD Revised Edition: The Breakthrough Program that Allows You to See and Heal the 7 Types of ADD
- Relaxation, Focus, and Memory Training: A Guided Brain Health Program (Amen Clinics Audio Learning Series)
- Change Your Brain, Change Your Body Cookbook
|The Men's Health Big Book of 15-Minute Workouts: A Leaner, Stronger Body--in 15 Minutes a Day!
Lowest new price: $4.62
Lowest used price: $3.39
List price: $26.99
Author: Selene Yeager
Brand: St Martins Press
Men love shortcuts. If there's a way to accomplish a job quicker and more efficiently, they're all
for it. That goes for work and working out. Now, new research shows that as little as 15 minutes of
resistance training is just as effective in spiking a man's metabolism―his fat-burning furnace―as
a workout lasting more than twice as long. All it takes is 15 minutes to achieve lifelong results―and
men are more likely to stick to an exercise plan if it's chopped down to those 15 minutes.
The Men's Health Big Book of 15-Minute Workouts - by Selene Yeager and the editors of Men's Health - contains fast-paced circuit training and interval workouts that boost calorie burn, build muscle, and fry belly fat in half the time of regular workouts. Readers can choose from at-home, body-weight-only workouts and total-body barbell programs to exercises that target major muscle groups―the chest, arms, legs, and back―and sport-specific workouts. Other highlights include:
-a special section of 15-minute core workouts to build a rock-hard six-pack
-an eating plan with delicious meals that take 15 minutes or less to prepare
-workouts for the office or when you're traveling and can't make it to the gym
-hundreds of tips from America's best trainers, nutritionists, and exercise scientists
- The Men's Health Big Book of Exercises: Four Weeks to a Leaner, Stronger, More Muscular You!
- The Men's Health Big Book of Food & Nutrition: Your completely delicious guide to eating well, looking great, and staying lean for life!
- The Women's Health Big Book of 15-Minute Workouts: A Leaner, Sexier, Healthier You--In 15 Minutes a Day!
- The Men's Health Big Book: Getting Abs: Get a Flat, Ripped Stomach and Your Strongest Body Ever--in Four Weeks
- Men's Health Ultimate Dumbbell Guide: More Than 21,000 Moves Designed to Build Muscle, Increase Strength, and Burn Fat
- The Men's Fitness Exercise Bible: 101 Best Workouts to Build Muscle, Burn Fat, and Sculpt Your Best Body Ever!
- The Men's Health Home Workout Bible
- Men's Health Best: Weight-Free Workout
- The Women's Health Big Book of Exercises: Four Weeks to a Leaner, Sexier, Healthier You!
- Men's Health Your Body is Your Barbell: No Gym. Just Gravity. Build a Leaner, Stronger, More Muscular You in 28 Days!
|Orthomolecular Medicine for Everyone: Megavitamin Therapeutics for Families and Physicians
Lowest new price: $16.60
Lowest used price: $12.96
List price: $24.99
Author: Abram Hoffer
Recently, interest in nutritional medicine, and how to use it properly, has increased enormously, and many people are already taking supplemental vitamins in larger than standard dietary doses. Orthomolecular medicine believes that the basis for health is good nutrition. It uses nutrients and normal (“ortho”) constituents of the body in optimum amounts as the main treatments.
Decades of use demonstrates that high-dose vitamin therapy works. This book written by two leading experts with over 80 yeas of experience between them, explains the basics of orthomolecular nutrition: simple rules for eating a healthier diet and effective nutritional supplementation. Vitamins, minerals, and other nutrients are explored in detail, including information on the clinical research as well as safe supplement doses.
As you’ll see, orthomolecular medicine has been used to treat a wide variety of conditions, including cardiovascular disease, gastrointestinal disorders, arthritis, psychoses and behavioral problems, autoimmune diseases, and even cancer. Whether you are exploring orthomolecular medicine for the first time or you are a practitioner wanting to deepen your knowledge, this book can enlighten and inform you.
What you will discover is that nutritional treatment is effective, free of side effects, and inexpensive. Once you overcome the old assumption that anything cheap and safe cannot possible be effective, health awaits you.
|The Vitamin D Solution: A 3-Step Strategy to Cure Our Most Common Health Problems
Lowest new price: $9.61
Lowest used price: $4.00
List price: $17.00
Author: Michael F. Holick
Brand: M D Michael F Holick
"This information can save your life. Really."—Christiane Northrup, MD, New York Times bestselling author of Goddesses Never Age and Women's Bodies, Women's Wisdom
Many Americans have succumbed to the scare tactics of the dermatological community, and avoid sunlight for fear of skin cancer and premature aging. Therefore, most of us suffer from vitamin D deficiency, which causes daily aches, pains, and fatigue, worsens serious illnesses, and diminishes the quality of everyday life. Drawing on decades of research, Dr. Michael f. Holick reveals a well-kept secret: our bodies need a sensible amount of unprotected sun exposure. The most comprehensive rescriptive book on the market, The Vitamin D Solution offers readers an easy and inexpensive plan to reversing the effects of vitamin D deficiency-and enjoying a substantially healthier life.
- The Vitamin D Solution A 3 Step Strategy to Cure Our Most Common Health Problems
|The Vitamin Cure for Women's Health Problems
Lowest new price: $8.95
Lowest used price: $7.59
List price: $18.95
Author: Helen Saul Case
Brand: Brand: Basic Health Pubns
This is a book you will want to keep close by. It is a comforting reference resource for natural, drug-free alternatives to know about and consider for healthy everyday supplementation or when traditional medicine is not finding answers.
- Used Book in Good Condition
Lowest new price: $5.27
Lowest used price: $1.55
List price: $18.00
Author: Dr. Edward Howell
Brand: Edward Howell
Why is eating food in its natural state, unprocessed and unrefined, so vital to the maintenance of good health? What is lacking in our modern diet that makes us so susceptible to degenerative disease? What natural elements in food may play a key role in unlocking the secrets of life extension? These fascinating questions, and many more, are answered in Enzyme Nutrition.
Written by one of America’s pioneering biochemists and nutrition researchers, Dr. Edward Howell, Enzyme Nutrition presents the most vital nutritional discovery since that of vitamins and minerals—food enzymes. Our digestive organs produce some enzymes internally, however food enzymes are necessary for optimal health and must come from uncooked foods such as fresh fruits and vegetables, raw sprouted grains, unpasteurized dairy products, and food enzyme supplements.
Enzyme Nutrition represents more than fifty years of research and experimentation by Dr. Howell. He shows us how to conserve our enzymes and maintain internal balance. As the body regains its strength and vigor, its capacity to maintain its normal weight, fight disease, and heal itself is enhanced.
- Enzyme Nutrition The Food Enzyme Concept
|Prescription for Dietary Wellness: Using Foods to Heal 2nd Edition
Lowest new price: $12.78
Lowest used price: $1.29
List price: $25.00
Author: Phyllis A. Balch CNC
Like its companion books--the number-one bestselling Prescription for Nutritional Healing and the newer Prescription for Herbal Healing--Prescription for Dietary Wellness offers authoritative information that is research-based and clearly written, making it easy for the reader to quickly find the subjects in which he or she is interested and to incorporate the dietary recommendations into his or her daily life.phytochemicals and antioxidants
Updates in this second edition include:
foods that boost immunity
how to choose the most nutritious foods
"standout" healing foods
how to design a diet for your individual optimal health, taking into account special dietary needs such as those of women, children, vegetarians, and others
diet-based healing techniques such as juicing, fasting, and detoxifying
how to avoid potential dietary dangers, including threats to water safety, foodborne diseases, food additives, food irradiation, antibiotics, genetically engineered foods, and undesirable substances such as caffeine, cholesterol, and sugar.
While not a cookbook, Prescription for Dietary Wellness also includes a number of easy, wholesome recipes and advice on cooking methods. It is a complete, practical guide to eating for good health.
As Hippocrates said, "Leave your drugs in the chemist's pot if you can heal the patient with food." Seems people didn't listen to him, because as the U.S. Surgeon General said more than 2,000 years after him, "Two-thirds of all deaths in 1997 in this country could be attributed to diet." They'd both likely advocate the information contained in Prescription for Dietary Wellness, a massive reference aimed at preventing and treating disease through diet. The Balchs, authors of the 3-million-plus bestseller Prescription for Nutritional Healing, which focuses mainly on supplements and herbs, have created another masterpiece. This book gives a solid education in nutrition basics, with references to the latest research. It also includes flavorful, antioxidant-packed recipes, and adds advice that has been proven effective for treating various ailments using specific foods and supplements. The book also includes:
The Balchs add advice about live juice and herbal preparations and cleansing (i.e., fasting and enemas, including a specific six-day cleansing diet). While this guide can feel a bit overwhelming at times (there are so many nutrients to consider, so many veggies and whole grains to consume), it's certainly not too technical, even for folks who could use a copy of Nutrition for Dummies, and it certainly succeeds in its mission of helping foster better dietary habits for good health.
- Charts with warning signs of disease and nutrient deficiency, along with guidelines to help start the healing process
- Charts that detail the nutrient needs of various organs, and which foods best supply the nutrients
- Lengthy chapters on specific categories of foods, such as beans, cruciferous vegetables, oils, and grains, explaining how best to cook them and the health benefits they confer
- More than 100 pages of quick, healthy, mostly low-fat recipes designed to pack the most nutritional punch for the calories
|The Sprouting Book: How to Grow and Use Sprouts to Maximize Your Health and Vitality
Lowest new price: $6.99
Lowest used price: $1.45
List price: $16.00
Author: Ann Wigmore
Brand: Avery Publishing Group
Filled with essential vitamins, proteins, and enzymes that cleanse, rejuvenate, and heal the body, sprouts just might be the perfect food. In The Sprouting Book, nutritionist Ann Wigmore unlocks the secrets to one of nature’s most beneficial foods, arming readers with all they need to know in order to eat, grow, and reap the benefits of sprouts. This comprehensive guide offers:
A trusted and celebrated source from a pioneer in natural health, The Sprouting Book is the perfect guide for dieters, vegetarians, athletes, or anyone who wants to look good and feel better.
- Information on how sprouts work to strengthen your immune system, boost your metabolism, and increase your energy
- Methods on how to grow the best-looking, best-tasting sprouts for you and your family
- Facts on how sprouts can help to heal illness and improve your health
- More than fifty quick, simple, and delicious sprout recipes
|Vitamin K2: The Missing Nutrient for Heart and Bone Health
Lowest new price: $9.96
Lowest used price: $8.00
List price: $13.95
Author: Dennis Goodman
Some people are aware that Vitamin K1 is important for blood clotting, but relatively few are aware of Vitamin K2 and its essential role in bone and heart health. There is now an impressive body of research showing that Vitamin K2 plays an integral role ensuring that our bones grow strong and our hearts and blood vessels remain healthy. Dr. Dennis Goodman has dedicated himself to researching vitamins and minerals so that he can educate his patients on which supplements to take-who needs them, how much, and why. If you care about your bones and heart health-and no doubt you do-this book is a must read. With "Vitamin K2: The Missing Nutrient for Heart and Bone Health" Dr. Goodman presents the latest and most impressive research studies, as well as insights on diet, exercise, and stress reduction, as a conversation between doctor and patient. Providing clear and concise information, he puts readers on the path to learn more for themselves and continue the conversation with their own doctor.
|Dr. Colbert's Guide to Vitamins and Supplements: Be Empowered to Make Well-Informed Decisions
Lowest new price: $10.50
Lowest used price: $6.94
List price: $17.99
Author: M.D. Don Colbert
Brand: Charisma Media Company
Dr. Colbert’s unique, balanced, natural health approach will help readers to make sense of the overwhelming information available on vitamins and supplements, empowering them to make well informed decisions specific to their health goals.
Whether it is to slow the aging process, lose weight, balance hormones, boost energy, or heal and prevent specific health conditions and diseases, this book will be an important tool in the hands of health conscious readers.
Don Colbert, MD, who has published more than forty books, now offers all of his advice for nutritional supplements in one volume, explaining how to:
- Choose the best multivitamins and individual supplements—and recognize harmful and expensive ingredients to avoid
- Create the right combination of nutrients and the proper dosage to reach your specific health goals—slowing the aging process, losing weight, balancing hormones, boosting energy, or healing and preventing disease
- Eat the right foods to boost the benefits of your supplement program and reach your goals faster
- Break any dietary and lifestyle habits that could be interfering with your body’s ability to fully benefit from the nutrients you ingest
Page 4 of 225
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED AS IS AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.