|Browse by Catagory:
Civil Rights & Liberties
War & Peace
Cajun & Creole Cooking
Caribbean & West Indian Cooking
Diabetic & Sugar-Free Cooking
Low Fat Cooking
Middle Eastern Cooking
Pacific Rim Cooking
Home & Garden
Literature & Fiction
Sheet Music & Scores
Environmental & Natural Resources Law
Ethics & Professional Responsibility
Procedures & Litigation
Water Supply & Land Use
Lawyer and Crimal Humor
Outdoors & Nature
Hiking & Camping
Hunting & Fishing
Beer & Beer Making
Health & Fitness
Diets & Weight Loss
Children's Science & Nature
Vitamins & Supplements
Psychology and Counseling
Philosophy of Psychology
Physiological Aspects of Psychology
Psychology of Sexuality
Psychology Testing & Measurement
Chaos & Systems
Geometry & Topology
Logic & Brain Teasers
Chaos & Systems
Geometry & Topology
Probability & Statistics
Experiments, Instruments & Measurement
Chaos & Systems
Fusion & Fission
Nuclear Magnetic Resonance
Waves & Wave Mechanics
Administration & Policy
Allied Health Professions
Medical Education & Training
Endocrinology & Metabolism
Physician & Patient
Insects & Spiders
Fish & Aquariums
Mobile & Wireless Computing: Programming
Linux Kernel & Peripherals
Linux Networking & Administration
State & Local History
Sci Fi Calendars
Bujold, Lois McMaster
Card, Orson Scott
Chalker, Jack L.
Heinlein, Robert A.
McKillip, Patricia A.
Nye, Jody Lynn
Vitamins & Supplements
|Stop America's #1 Killer
Lowest new price: $9.99
Lowest used price: $1.99
List price: $29.95
Author: MD JD Levy
Brand: Brand: Thomas E. Levy, MD, JD
In a very simple and inexpensive 3-pronged approach, you'll learn how to prevent and even reverse the arterial blockages that cause millions of heart attacks and send droves of Americans to the operating room for open heart surgery.
Coronary Heart Disease is Arterial Scurvy. In the next 24 hours, over 2,500 Americans will die from Coronary Heart Disease (CHD). The financial impact of CHD during that same 24 hours will approach $5,500,000. Based on government health statistics, over 25 million Americans are currently diagnosed with CHD and during the next 12 months over 600,000 of us will die from this disease. STOP AMERICA'S #1 KILLER! provides overwhelming evidence — including over 650 scientific references — that some conditions which we now consider as risk factors for CHD:
- all start with the depletion of arterial vitamin C levels (arterial scurvy) and
- are often just the body's way of compensating for the weakness in arterial walls caused by arterial scurvy.
This book also offers a protocol for preventing and reversing the arterial blockages that cause heart attacks.
You'll also get answers to these and other questions:
- How can cholesterol levels that are too low actually increase your risk for other debilitating and life-threatening diseases?
- How can traditional dental procedures start a continuing process that destroys your heart and coronary arteries?
- What's the important link between vitamin C, triglycerides and HDL?
- What should high levels of lipoprotein(a) tell your heart doctor?
- Which amino acid, coupled with vitamin C, stops anginal pain?
- Which hormone transports vitamin C into arterial cells and what factors impede the hormone's production?
- How are histamine and anti-histamine levels in the blood related to arterial plaque?
- What is the surprising relationship of vitamin C and calcium that impacts heart health and osteoporosis?
- How is periodontal health directly related to heart health?
- What minerals (found in many supplements) can dramatically increase your chance of heart attack and risk of cancer?
- Which season of the year produces the highest number of heart attacks, why, and how can you counteract the affect?
- How can the way you eat your food have as much of an impact on heart health as what you eat?
- What foods should you avoid and why? (Hint: It's a very short list and not like any you have ever seen — you will probably be shocked by the foods that aren't on the list).
- and many more.
- Used Book in Good Condition
|Vitamin C: The Real Story, the Remarkable and Controversial Healing Factor
Lowest new price: $11.55
Lowest used price: $8.44
List price: $18.95
Author: Steve Hickey
Brand: Brand: Basic Health Publications
Research into vitamin C is progressing rapidly despite a lack of funding from conventional medicine into its clinical applications. Orthomolecular medicine, which uses nutrients in large doses to treat disease, is regarded as highly controversial by the medical establishment. This rejection of the orthomolecular approach has little basis in science and reflects a bias at the heart of the status quo.
This book tells the story of how the controversy about vitamin C has grown and continues while the increasing evidence demonstrates the value of the orthomolecular approach. The story of vitamin C is an exciting journey into the workings of science and medicine, the intrigues of political economic influences, and the evolutionary history of humankind. Someday, medicine without vitamin C therapy will be compared to childbirth without sanitation or surgery without anesthetic. In this book,
- You will see that mega doses of vitamin C have proven to be an effective antibiotic, a nontoxic anticancer agent, and also a treatment for heart disease.
- We explain the real reasons behind conventional medicine's rejection of vitamin C therapy.
- You'll meet the pioneers of vitamin C research, who often faced great resistance in their advocacy for the health benefits of this nutrient.
Vitamin C is a simple molecule with powerful effects. If you want to be healthy, you should take enough vitamin C. After reading this book, you will know why. . . and how much.
- Used Book in Good Condition
|The Men's Health Big Book of 15-Minute Workouts: A Leaner, Stronger Body--in 15 Minutes a Day!
Lowest new price: $8.16
Lowest used price: $2.02
List price: $26.99
Author: Selene Yeager
Brand: St Martins Press
Men love shortcuts. If there's a way to accomplish a job quicker and more efficiently, they're all
for it. That goes for work and working out. Now, new research shows that as little as 15 minutes of
resistance training is just as effective in spiking a man's metabolism―his fat-burning furnace―as
a workout lasting more than twice as long. All it takes is 15 minutes to achieve lifelong results―and
men are more likely to stick to an exercise plan if it's chopped down to those 15 minutes.
The Men's Health Big Book of 15-Minute Workouts - by Selene Yeager and the editors of Men's Health - contains fast-paced circuit training and interval workouts that boost calorie burn, build muscle, and fry belly fat in half the time of regular workouts. Readers can choose from at-home, body-weight-only workouts and total-body barbell programs to exercises that target major muscle groups―the chest, arms, legs, and back―and sport-specific workouts. Other highlights include:
-a special section of 15-minute core workouts to build a rock-hard six-pack
-an eating plan with delicious meals that take 15 minutes or less to prepare
-workouts for the office or when you're traveling and can't make it to the gym
-hundreds of tips from America's best trainers, nutritionists, and exercise scientists
- The Men s Health Big Book of 15 Minute Workouts A Leaner Stronger Body in 15 Minutes a Day
- The Men's Health Big Book of Exercises: Four Weeks to a Leaner, Stronger, More Muscular You!
- The Men's Health Big Book of Food & Nutrition: Your completely delicious guide to eating well, looking great, and staying lean for life!
- The Women's Health Big Book of 15-Minute Workouts: A Leaner, Sexier, Healthier You--In 15 Minutes a Day!
- The Men's Health Big Book: Getting Abs: Get a Flat, Ripped Stomach and Your Strongest Body Ever--in Four Weeks
- Men's Health Ultimate Dumbbell Guide: More Than 21,000 Moves Designed to Build Muscle, Increase Strength, and Burn Fat
- Men's Health Best: Weight-Free Workout
- Men's Health Your Body is Your Barbell: No Gym. Just Gravity. Build a Leaner, Stronger, More Muscular You in 28 Days!
- The Men's Fitness Exercise Bible: 101 Best Workouts to Build Muscle, Burn Fat, and Sculpt Your Best Body Ever!
- The Men's Health Home Workout Bible
- The Women's Health Big Book of Exercises: Four Weeks to a Leaner, Sexier, Healthier You!
|Force of Nature: Mind, Body, Soul, And, of Course, Surfing
Lowest new price: $12.75
Lowest used price: $2.68
List price: $21.99
Author: Laird Hamilton
Brand: Laird Hamilton
Laird Hamilton has been hailed as the world's greatest big-wave surfer. His first book, Force of Nature, allows readers a rare glimpse inside the unique philosophy that has created his circumstances, and not the other way around. After all, this is a man whose biological father abandoned him shortly after he was born; whose first job was working on a pig far; who dropped out of school in eleventh grade. And then the career decision: surfer. Though earning enough to pay the rent as any kind of surfer is next to impossible, Hamilton has ended up in the place we all desire to be: doing exactly what he loves, becoming the world's best in the process, making a great living, being surrounded by nature and family, radiating peak health and fitness, and succeeding by any definition of the word.
How did he get there? And more importantly, how can the rest of us join him?
Force of Nature is a detailed map to that destination, with Laird Hamilton as the reader's guide. It's not about chasing trophies or accolades or cash. It's about quality over quantity, soul and being true to your physical, mental, and spiritual roots. Not only is it possible to thrive in the modern world without adopting its harmful habits, it's essential. And not only has Hamilton mastered this balance, he makes a compelling and articulate case that anyone who wants to can do the same.
This book is a deeply authoritative and cutting-edge guide to peak fitness in mind, body, sould, and surfing. It comes directly from the source and his inner circle, which includes those at the vanguard of sports, training, nutrition, and more. Former pro volleyball player Gabrielle Reece; surf legend Dave Kalama; fitness gurus Paul Chek, T.R. Goodman, and Don Wildman; and Food Network star Giada De Laurentiis all contribute their knowledge. Readers will get an all-access pass into an elite world filled with definitive and provocative ideas.
- Force of Nature Mind Body Soul And of Course Surfing
|The Vitamin Cure for Alcoholism: Orthomolecular Treatment of Addictions
Lowest new price: $9.26
Lowest used price: $6.01
List price: $15.99
Author: Abram Hoffer
Brand: Abram Hoffer
The Vitamin Cure for Alcoholism can help those who suffer from alcohol addiction, their friends and loved ones, and those in the relevant helping professions. Its central message: optimally-nourished individuals do not get addicted. Alcoholism is primarily a metabolic disease that should be treated nutritionally first. The person called an "alcoholic" typically suffers from nutrient deficiency, especially vitamins B1 and B3, and seeks relief by consuming alcohol. Megavitamin therapy is more effective than drugs or counseling. It is also cheaper than counseling, and far safer than any pharmaceutical drug treatment.
Behavioral and psychological treatment approaches have lacked long-term success, largely because they pay little attention to the nutritional needs of alcoholics. In fact, Bill W., the man who cofounded Alcoholics Anonymous (AA), actively promoted the concept of megavitamin therapy. Bill W. had long suffered from severe depression, which promptly ended when Bill began to take large doses of vitamin B-3 under the personal direction of Dr. Abram Hoffer.
Surprisingly, The Vitamin Cure for Alcoholism also discusses how nutrition can help stop addictions to cigarettes and hard drugs, including narcotics. If this sounds impossible, then why did psychiatrist Abram Hoffer write this book? If it is possible, this is the missing information that alcoholics and other addiction sufferer need right now.
- The Vitamin Cure for Alcoholism Orthomolecular Treatment of Addictions
|Vitamin K2: The Missing Nutrient for Heart and Bone Health
Lowest new price: $13.95
Lowest used price: $14.53
List price: $13.95
Author: Dennis Goodman
Brand: Goodman MD Dennis
Some people are aware that Vitamin K1 is important for blood clotting, but relatively few are aware of Vitamin K2 and its essential role in bone and heart health. There is now an impressive body of research showing that Vitamin K2 plays an integral role ensuring that our bones grow strong and our hearts and blood vessels remain healthy. Dr. Dennis Goodman has dedicated himself to researching vitamins and minerals so that he can educate his patients on which supplements to take-who needs them, how much, and why. If you care about your bones and heart health-and no doubt you do-this book is a must read. With "Vitamin K2: The Missing Nutrient for Heart and Bone Health" Dr. Goodman presents the latest and most impressive research studies, as well as insights on diet, exercise, and stress reduction, as a conversation between doctor and patient. Providing clear and concise information, he puts readers on the path to learn more for themselves and continue the conversation with their own doctor.
- Vitamin K2 The Missing Nutrient for Heart and Bone Health
|The Doctor's Kitchen: Supercharge your health with 100 delicious everyday recipes
Lowest new price: $14.03
Lowest used price: $16.02
Author: Dr Rupy Aujla
'I'm just a straight-talking NHS doctor lending my unbiased opinion on healthy eating and showing everybody how to get phenomenal ingredients on their plates everyday.' Dr Rupy Aujla's first cookbook, The Doctor's Kitchen, is the go-to book to help you kick unhealthy faddy diets for good. In the book, Rupy, explains the principles of healthy living in a fun and relatable way with over 100 vibrant, tasty recipes steeped in medical science which are easy and inexpensive to make. The impact of lifestyle on illness has never been higher on the national agenda and Rupy believes that what we choose to put on our plates is the most important health intervention we can make. The Doctor's Kitchen stands out from the crowd by using medical knowledge to create the recipes. Rupy advocates Plates over Pills every time and he is living proof that what you eat can shift medical outcomes as he overhauled his own heart condition by addressing his diet and creating his own delicious food that he now shares in this book. Infused with flavours from around the world, this tasty selection of everyday meals makes healthy eating an absolute pleasure.
- The Four Pillar Plan: How to Relax, Eat, Move and Sleep Your Way to a Longer, Healthier Life
- Food: What the Heck Should I Eat?
- Re-Nourish: A Simple Way to Eat Well
- Genius Foods: Become Smarter, Happier, and More Productive While Protecting Your Brain for Life
- Dirty Genes: A Breakthrough Program to Treat the Root Cause of Illness and Optimize Your Health
- The First Mess Cookbook: Vibrant Plant-Based Recipes to Eat Well Through the Seasons
- The Longevity Diet: Discover the New Science Behind Stem Cell Activation and Regeneration to Slow Aging, Fight Disease, and Optimize Weight
- The Toxin Solution: How Hidden Poisons in the Air, Water, Food, and Products We Use Are Destroying Our Health--AND WHAT WE CAN DO TO FIX IT
- How Not to Die: Discover the Foods Scientifically Proven to Prevent and Reverse Disease
- The Eat Fat, Get Thin Cookbook: More Than 175 Delicious Recipes for Sustained Weight Loss and Vibrant Health
|The Complete Guide to Nutrients: An A-Z of Superfoods, Herbs, Vitamins, Minerals and Supplements
Lowest new price: $9.15
Lowest used price: $12.99
List price: $19.95
Author: Dr. Michael Sharon
Want to know how healthy your food choices are? This updated edition of the guide to essential nutrition reveals all!
With processed foods and commercially farmed produce offering us less in the way of essential nutrition, and food industry labels exaggerating the health benefits of their product, people need straight-talking advice. Now fully updated, The Complete Guide to Nutrients is an invaluable A–Z reference that explains the active benefits of the foods, herbs, vitamins, and minerals needed for optimal health and well-being. Covering every vegetable, fruit, herb, vitamin, mineral, and supplement available, it enables you to take matters back into your own hands to stay healthy, fight illness, and cope with everyday stress. Each entry—from almonds, guarana, and kale to olive oil, St. John’s Wort, and yogurt—describes in plain English what it is, where is comes from, the form it takes, how to prepare it, its medicinal health benefits, and a recommended daily dose.
- Vitamins & Minerals (Quick Study Health)
- The Supplement Handbook: A Trusted Expert's Guide to What Works & What's Worthless for More Than 100 Conditions
- Earl Mindell's New Vitamin Bible
- Herbal Therapy (Quick Study: Health)
- Prescription for Nutritional Healing, Fifth Edition: A Practical A-to-Z Reference to Drug-Free Remedies Using Vitamins, Minerals, Herbs & Food ... A-To-Z Reference to Drug-Free Remedies)
- The Real Vitamin and Mineral Book, 4th edition: The Definitive Guide to Designing Your Personal Supplement Program
- Essential Oils (Quick Study Health)
- What You Must Know About Vitamins, Minerals, Herbs & More: Choosing the Nutrients That Are Right for You
- The Vitamin Book: The Complete Guide to Vitamins, Minerals, and the Most Effective Herbal Remedies and Dietary Supplements
- The New Encyclopedia of Vitamins, Minerals, Supplements, and Herbs: A Completely Cross-Referenced User's Guide for Optimal Health
|The Sprouting Book: How to Grow and Use Sprouts to Maximize Your Health and Vitality
Lowest new price: $8.09
Lowest used price: $2.00
List price: $16.00
Author: Ann Wigmore
Brand: Avery Publishing Group
Filled with essential vitamins, proteins, and enzymes that cleanse, rejuvenate, and heal the body, sprouts just might be the perfect food. In The Sprouting Book, nutritionist Ann Wigmore unlocks the secrets to one of nature’s most beneficial foods, arming readers with all they need to know in order to eat, grow, and reap the benefits of sprouts. This comprehensive guide offers:
A trusted and celebrated source from a pioneer in natural health, The Sprouting Book is the perfect guide for dieters, vegetarians, athletes, or anyone who wants to look good and feel better.
- Information on how sprouts work to strengthen your immune system, boost your metabolism, and increase your energy
- Methods on how to grow the best-looking, best-tasting sprouts for you and your family
- Facts on how sprouts can help to heal illness and improve your health
- More than fifty quick, simple, and delicious sprout recipes
|World Without Cancer: The Story of Vitamin B17
Lowest new price: $18.95
Lowest used price: $9.09
List price: $17.50
Author: G. Edward Griffin
Brand: Brand: American Media (CA)
Mr. Griffin marshals the evidence that cancer is a deficiency disease like scurvy or pellagra aggravated by the lack of an essential food compound in modem mans diet. That substance is vitamin B17. In its purified form developed for cancer therapy, it is known as Laetrile.
Why has orthodox medicine waged war against this non drug approach? The author contends that the answer is to be found, not in science, but in politics and is based upon the hidden economic and power agenda of those who dominate the medical establishment.
This is a new edition of the book. It is the most complete and authoritative treatise ever produced on Laetrile. It explains the theory by which Laetrile is believed to work. Case histories are included.
- Used Book in Good Condition
Page 4 of 220
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED AS IS AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.