|Browse by Catagory:
Civil Rights & Liberties
War & Peace
Cajun & Creole Cooking
Caribbean & West Indian Cooking
Diabetic & Sugar-Free Cooking
Low Fat Cooking
Middle Eastern Cooking
Pacific Rim Cooking
Home & Garden
Literature & Fiction
Sheet Music & Scores
Environmental & Natural Resources Law
Ethics & Professional Responsibility
Procedures & Litigation
Water Supply & Land Use
Lawyer and Crimal Humor
Outdoors & Nature
Hiking & Camping
Hunting & Fishing
Beer & Beer Making
Health & Fitness
Diets & Weight Loss
Children's Science & Nature
Vitamins & Supplements
Psychology and Counseling
Philosophy of Psychology
Physiological Aspects of Psychology
Psychology of Sexuality
Psychology Testing & Measurement
Chaos & Systems
Geometry & Topology
Logic & Brain Teasers
Chaos & Systems
Geometry & Topology
Probability & Statistics
Experiments, Instruments & Measurement
Chaos & Systems
Fusion & Fission
Nuclear Magnetic Resonance
Waves & Wave Mechanics
Administration & Policy
Allied Health Professions
Medical Education & Training
Endocrinology & Metabolism
Physician & Patient
Insects & Spiders
Fish & Aquariums
Mobile & Wireless Computing: Programming
Linux Kernel & Peripherals
Linux Networking & Administration
State & Local History
Sci Fi Calendars
Bujold, Lois McMaster
Card, Orson Scott
Chalker, Jack L.
Heinlein, Robert A.
McKillip, Patricia A.
Nye, Jody Lynn
Vitamins & Supplements
|Vitamin K2: The Missing Nutrient for Heart and Bone Health
Lowest new price: $9.50
Lowest used price: $9.50
List price: $13.95
Author: Dennis Goodman
Some people are aware that Vitamin K1 is important for blood clotting, but relatively few are aware of Vitamin K2 and its essential role in bone and heart health. There is now an impressive body of research showing that Vitamin K2 plays an integral role ensuring that our bones grow strong and our hearts and blood vessels remain healthy. Dr. Dennis Goodman has dedicated himself to researching vitamins and minerals so that he can educate his patients on which supplements to take-who needs them, how much, and why. If you care about your bones and heart health-and no doubt you do-this book is a must read. With "Vitamin K2: The Missing Nutrient for Heart and Bone Health" Dr. Goodman presents the latest and most impressive research studies, as well as insights on diet, exercise, and stress reduction, as a conversation between doctor and patient. Providing clear and concise information, he puts readers on the path to learn more for themselves and continue the conversation with their own doctor.
|The Complete Guide to Nutrients: An A-Z of Superfoods, Herbs, Vitamins, Minerals and Supplements
Lowest new price: $7.90
Lowest used price: $6.99
List price: $19.95
Author: Dr. Michael Sharon
Want to know how healthy your food choices are? This updated edition of the guide to essential nutrition reveals all!
With processed foods and commercially farmed produce offering us less in the way of essential nutrition, and food industry labels exaggerating the health benefits of their product, people need straight-talking advice. Now fully updated, The Complete Guide to Nutrients is an invaluable A–Z reference that explains the active benefits of the foods, herbs, vitamins, and minerals needed for optimal health and well-being. Covering every vegetable, fruit, herb, vitamin, mineral, and supplement available, it enables you to take matters back into your own hands to stay healthy, fight illness, and cope with everyday stress. Each entry—from almonds, guarana, and kale to olive oil, St. John’s Wort, and yogurt—describes in plain English what it is, where is comes from, the form it takes, how to prepare it, its medicinal health benefits, and a recommended daily dose.
|Stop America's #1 Killer
Lowest new price: $9.99
Lowest used price: $3.55
List price: $29.95
Author: MD JD Levy
Brand: Brand: Thomas E. Levy, MD, JD
In a very simple and inexpensive 3-pronged approach, you'll learn how to prevent and even reverse the arterial blockages that cause millions of heart attacks and send droves of Americans to the operating room for open heart surgery.
Coronary Heart Disease is Arterial Scurvy. In the next 24 hours, over 2,500 Americans will die from Coronary Heart Disease (CHD). The financial impact of CHD during that same 24 hours will approach $5,500,000. Based on government health statistics, over 25 million Americans are currently diagnosed with CHD and during the next 12 months over 600,000 of us will die from this disease. STOP AMERICA'S #1 KILLER! provides overwhelming evidence — including over 650 scientific references — that some conditions which we now consider as risk factors for CHD:
- all start with the depletion of arterial vitamin C levels (arterial scurvy) and
- are often just the body's way of compensating for the weakness in arterial walls caused by arterial scurvy.
This book also offers a protocol for preventing and reversing the arterial blockages that cause heart attacks.
You'll also get answers to these and other questions:
- How can cholesterol levels that are too low actually increase your risk for other debilitating and life-threatening diseases?
- How can traditional dental procedures start a continuing process that destroys your heart and coronary arteries?
- What's the important link between vitamin C, triglycerides and HDL?
- What should high levels of lipoprotein(a) tell your heart doctor?
- Which amino acid, coupled with vitamin C, stops anginal pain?
- Which hormone transports vitamin C into arterial cells and what factors impede the hormone's production?
- How are histamine and anti-histamine levels in the blood related to arterial plaque?
- What is the surprising relationship of vitamin C and calcium that impacts heart health and osteoporosis?
- How is periodontal health directly related to heart health?
- What minerals (found in many supplements) can dramatically increase your chance of heart attack and risk of cancer?
- Which season of the year produces the highest number of heart attacks, why, and how can you counteract the affect?
- How can the way you eat your food have as much of an impact on heart health as what you eat?
- What foods should you avoid and why? (Hint: It's a very short list and not like any you have ever seen — you will probably be shocked by the foods that aren't on the list).
- and many more.
- Used Book in Good Condition
Lowest new price: $6.70
Lowest used price: $1.46
List price: $18.00
Author: Dr. Edward Howell
Why is eating food in its natural state, unprocessed and unrefined, so vital to the maintenance of good health? What is lacking in our modern diet that makes us so susceptible to degenerative disease? What natural elements in food may play a key role in unlocking the secrets of life extension? These fascinating questions, and many more, are answered in Enzyme Nutrition.
Written by one of America’s pioneering biochemists and nutrition researchers, Dr. Edward Howell, Enzyme Nutrition presents the most vital nutritional discovery since that of vitamins and minerals—food enzymes. Our digestive organs produce some enzymes internally, however food enzymes are necessary for optimal health and must come from uncooked foods such as fresh fruits and vegetables, raw sprouted grains, unpasteurized dairy products, and food enzyme supplements.
Enzyme Nutrition represents more than fifty years of research and experimentation by Dr. Howell. He shows us how to conserve our enzymes and maintain internal balance. As the body regains its strength and vigor, its capacity to maintain its normal weight, fight disease, and heal itself is enhanced.
|Orthomolecular Treatment for Schizophrenia
Lowest new price: $5.57
Lowest used price: $5.49
List price: $8.00
Author: Abram Hoffer
Brand: Hoffer, Abram
Orthomolecular medicine can be effective in the treatment of schizophrenia, a mental disorder often treated with drugs. Deficiency often plays a major role in the onset of this condition. Thus, nutritional supplementation is integral to Dr. Hoffers approach to schizophrenia. This short, concise guide explains how the disorder is diagnosed, what causes it and how to effectively treat it without drugs.
|The Men's Health Big Book of 15-Minute Workouts: A Leaner, Stronger Body--in 15 Minutes a Day!
Lowest new price: $5.99
Lowest used price: $2.87
List price: $26.99
Author: Selene Yeager
Brand: St Martins Press
Men love shortcuts. If there's a way to accomplish a job quicker and more efficiently, they're all for it. That goes for work and working out. Now, new research shows that as little as 15 minutes of resistance training is just as effective in spiking a man's metabolism—his fat-burning furnace—as a workout lasting more than twice as long. All it takes is 15 minutes to achieve lifelong results—and men are more likely to stick to an exercise plan if it's chopped down to those 15 minutes.
The Men's Health Big Book of 15-Minute Workouts contains fast-paced circuit training and interval workouts that boost calorie burn, build muscle, and fry belly fat in half the time of regular workouts. Readers can choose from at-home, body-weight-only workouts and total-body barbell programs to exercises that target major muscle groups—the chest, arms, legs, and back—and sport-specific workouts. Other highlights include:
- a special section of 15-minute core workouts to build a rock-hard six-pack
- an eating plan with delicious meals that take 15 minutes or less to prepare
- workouts for the office or when you're traveling and can't make it to the gym
- hundreds of tips from America's best trainers, nutritionists, and exercise scientists
- The Men's Health Big Book of Exercises: Four Weeks to a Leaner, Stronger, More Muscular You!
- The Men's Health Big Book of Food & Nutrition: Your Completely Delicious Guide to Eating Well, Looking Great, and Staying Lean for Life!
- The Women's Health Big Book of 15-Minute Workouts: A Leaner, Sexier, Healthier You--In 15 Minutes a Day!
- The Men's Health Big Book: Getting Abs: Get a Flat, Ripped Stomach and Your Strongest Body Ever--in Four Weeks
- Men's Health Your Body is Your Barbell: No Gym. Just Gravity. Build a Leaner, Stronger, More Muscular You in 28 Days!
- Men's Health Best: Weight-Free Workout
- Men's Health Ultimate Dumbbell Guide: More Than 21,000 Moves Designed to Build Muscle, Increase Strength, and Burn Fat
- The Men's Fitness Exercise Bible: 101 Best Workouts To Build Muscle, Burn Fat and Sculpt Your Best Body Ever!
- The Men's Health Home Workout Bible
- The Women's Health Big Book of Exercises: Four Weeks to a Leaner, Sexier, Healthier You!
|Coconut Oil Breakthrough: Boost Your Brain, Burn the Fat, Build Your Hair
Lowest new price: $12.99
Lowest used price: $25.46
List price: $12.99
Author: B J Richards
What if there were a way to burn off those extra pounds without having to go on some crazy diet.... just by doing this one simple thing?
And use that same product to strengthen and build your hair?
Plus get the added bonus of contributing to the health of your brain and memory?
And do all that with one affordable product that doesn't break the bank!
Not knowing what I'm going to teach you in this book kept me in the same old loop... struggling with weight and fat that just wouldn't budge... seeing my hair thin and break for absolutely no reason, regardless of how good my diet was... having to use sticky-notes to remember almost everything!
Learning to use coconut oil was a game changer for me and it can be for you, too.
I've been involved in natural healing for over 30 years, in my personal life, as a researcher and a practitioner. I know how long it takes to find reliable information and then figure out how to use it effectively. I've done that for you here.
In this book you are going to learn:
* How coconut oil, milk and water can rehydrate your skin, triple your metabolism and burn off the fat staring back at you in the mirror.
* The exact type of coconut oil to buy. Purchase the wrong kind and you're hurting yourself, not helping.
* How much coconut oil you should take for weight loss vs. enhancing memory. These are not the same.
* An ancient Ayurvedic technique that can help you to reduce bad breath, plaque and gingivitis.
* How to make your own coconut milk and save big.
* Over 30 additional uses of coconut oil and how you can use it to replace expensive products and save even more money.
Follow the advice in this book and you can start burning the fat, saving your hair and improving your health.
Carol, a housewife from Arizona says: "I lost 6 pounds in 5 weeks without dieting, and now never worry about bad breath."
Don't stay stuck in that rut, just wishing and getting nowhere. Be the person you want to be and have the health you want to live.
What's stopping you from achieving the health and body you deserve?
You are minutes away from the solution you need.
Scroll to the top and click the "buy now" button.
|Diabetic Nutribullet Recipe Book: 60 Delicious And Healthy Low Carb Diabetes Diet Friendly Smoothies And Juices
Lowest new price: $8.29
Lowest used price: $9.15
List price: $8.99
Author: Pauline Ferndale
* * Finally! Delicious Diabetes-Friendly NutriBullet Recipes For You To Enjoy! * * Let me ask you a few quick questions… Do you find yourself lacking time to prepare healthy meals? Do you want to feel energized, happy and healthy every day? Do you want a plethora of delicious Diabetes friendly NutriBullet recipes at your fingertips? If you answered 'Yes!' to any of the above questions then the Diabetic NutriBullet Recipe Book is a MUST READ. Here's A Preview Of What The Diabetic NutriBullet Recipe Book Contains... An Introduction To Smoothies And Juices For Diabetics Advice On Ingredients To Use And Avoid 30 Delicious Diabetes-friendly smoothies that take a mere few seconds to make in your Nutribullet or similiar high powered blender! 30 Nutritious, Delicious And Most Importantly Diabetes-friendly Juice recipes loaded with superfoods to keep you both healthy & Happy And much, much more! Take action today and purchase your copy today! Shouldn’t your health be your #1 priority?
- NutriBullet Ultra Low Carb Recipe Book: 203 Ultra Low Carb Diabetic Friendly NutriBlast and Smoothie Recipes
- NutriBullet Recipe Book: Savory Soups!: 71 Delicious, Healthy & Exquisite Soups and Sauces for your NutriBullet
- Nutribullet Recipe Book: Smoothie Recipes for Weight-Loss, Detox, Anti-Aging & So Much More!
- The NutriBullet Diabetes Recipe Book: 200 NutriBullet Diabetes Busting Ultra Low Carb Blast and Smoothie Recipes (Diabetic Low Carb NutriBullet Recipes) (Volume 1)
- Nutribullet Recipe Book: SMOOTHIES FOR DIABETICS: Delicious & Healthy Diabetic Smoothie Recipes For Weight Loss and Detox (Smoothies for diabetics, ... smoothies, Diabetic smoothie recipes)
- Diabetic Smoothies: 35 Delicious Smoothie Recipes to Lower Blood Sugar and Reverse Diabetes (Diabetic Living) (Volume 3)
- Magic Bullet NutriBullet Rx N17-1001 Blender, Black
- NutriBullet RX with Heating Function for Soups & Sauces (New Model)
- The Skinny NUTRiBULLET Soup Recipe Book: Delicious, Quick & Easy, Single Serving Soups & Pasta Sauces For Your Nutribullet. All Under 100, 200, 300 & 400 Calories.
- Diabetic Living Diabetic Slow Cooker: 151 Cozy, Comforting Recipes
|Food As Medicine: How to Use Diet, Vitamins, Juices, and Herbs for a Healthier, Happier, and Longer Life
Lowest new price: $9.44
Lowest used price: $2.79
List price: $17.00
Author: Guru Dharma Singh Khalsa M.D.
Did you know that blueberries can increase brain longevity? That kiwi fruit can be an excellent weapon for battling cancer and heart disease? That pears can help prevent fibroid tumors?
From Dr. Dharma Singh Khalsa, the bestselling author of Meditation as Medicine, comes a remarkable book that helps you achieve maximum health by eating well. Grounded in science, Food as Medicine is a pragmatic and accessible reference that sets readers on the right nutritional path. Dr. Khalsa then explains how to use natural organic juices and foods as medicine, and how food can help reverse the progress or diminish the symptoms of certain diseases, such as Alzheimer's and Hepatitis C.
Drawing on patient case histories, Food as Medicine outlines the seven principles of "The Khalsa Plan" for healthy eating, details ailment-specific nutritional plans, and lays out dozens of delicious recipes that promote overall well-being. After all, food is not only the original medicine -- it's the best medicine.
|Vitamin C: The Real Story, the Remarkable and Controversial Healing Factor
Lowest new price: $11.19
Lowest used price: $8.62
List price: $18.95
Author: Steve Hickey
Brand: Brand: Basic Health Publications
Research into vitamin C is progressing rapidly despite a lack of funding from conventional medicine into its clinical applications. Orthomolecular medicine, which uses nutrients in large doses to treat disease, is regarded as highly controversial by the medical establishment. This rejection of the orthomolecular approach has little basis in science and reflects a bias at the heart of the status quo.
This book tells the story of how the controversy about vitamin C has grown and continues while the increasing evidence demonstrates the value of the orthomolecular approach. The story of vitamin C is an exciting journey into the workings of science and medicine, the intrigues of political economic influences, and the evolutionary history of humankind. Someday, medicine without vitamin C therapy will be compared to childbirth without sanitation or surgery without anesthetic. In this book,
- You will see that mega doses of vitamin C have proven to be an effective antibiotic, a nontoxic anticancer agent, and also a treatment for heart disease.
- We explain the real reasons behind conventional medicine's rejection of vitamin C therapy.
- You'll meet the pioneers of vitamin C research, who often faced great resistance in their advocacy for the health benefits of this nutrient.
Vitamin C is a simple molecule with powerful effects. If you want to be healthy, you should take enough vitamin C. After reading this book, you will know why. . . and how much.
- Used Book in Good Condition
Page 5 of 224
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED AS IS AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.