|Browse by Catagory:
Civil Rights & Liberties
War & Peace
Cajun & Creole Cooking
Caribbean & West Indian Cooking
Diabetic & Sugar-Free Cooking
Low Fat Cooking
Middle Eastern Cooking
Pacific Rim Cooking
Home & Garden
Literature & Fiction
Sheet Music & Scores
Environmental & Natural Resources Law
Ethics & Professional Responsibility
Procedures & Litigation
Water Supply & Land Use
Lawyer and Crimal Humor
Outdoors & Nature
Hiking & Camping
Hunting & Fishing
Beer & Beer Making
Health & Fitness
Diets & Weight Loss
Children's Science & Nature
Vitamins & Supplements
Psychology and Counseling
Philosophy of Psychology
Physiological Aspects of Psychology
Psychology of Sexuality
Psychology Testing & Measurement
Chaos & Systems
Geometry & Topology
Logic & Brain Teasers
Chaos & Systems
Geometry & Topology
Probability & Statistics
Experiments, Instruments & Measurement
Chaos & Systems
Fusion & Fission
Nuclear Magnetic Resonance
Waves & Wave Mechanics
Administration & Policy
Allied Health Professions
Medical Education & Training
Endocrinology & Metabolism
Physician & Patient
Insects & Spiders
Fish & Aquariums
Mobile & Wireless Computing: Programming
Linux Kernel & Peripherals
Linux Networking & Administration
State & Local History
Sci Fi Calendars
Bujold, Lois McMaster
Card, Orson Scott
Chalker, Jack L.
Heinlein, Robert A.
McKillip, Patricia A.
Nye, Jody Lynn
Linux Networking & Administration
|Seeking SRE: Conversations About Running Production Systems at Scale
Lowest new price: $26.64
Lowest used price: $30.38
List price: $49.99
Organizations—big and small—have started to realize just how crucial system and application reliability is to their business. At the same time, they’ve also learned just how difficult it is to maintain that reliability while iterating at the speed demanded by the marketplace. Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) is a proven approach to this challenge.
SRE is a large and rich topic to discuss. Google led the way with Site Reliability Engineering, the wildly successful O’Reilly book that described Google’s creation of the discipline and the implementation that has allowed them to operate at a planetary scale. Inspired by that earlier work, this book explores a very different part of the SRE space.
The more than two dozen chapters in Seeking SRE bring you into some of the important conversations going on in the SRE world right now. Listen as engineers and other leaders in the field discuss different ways of implementing SRE and SRE principles in a wide variety of settings; how SRE relates to other approaches like DevOps; the specialities on the cutting edge that will soon be common place in SRE; best practices and technologies that make practicing SRE easier; and finally hear what people have to say about the important, but rarely discussed human side of SRE.
David N. Blank-Edelman is the book’s curator and editor.
|Docker: Up & Running: Shipping Reliable Containers in Production
Lowest new price: $29.84
Lowest used price: $31.51
List price: $49.99
Author: Sean P. Kane
Docker is rapidly changing the way organizations deploy software at scale. However, understanding how Linux containers fit into your workflow—and getting the integration details right—is not a trivial task. With the updated edition of this practical guide, you’ll learn how to use Docker to package your applications with all of their dependencies and then test, ship, scale, and support your containers in production.
This edition includes significant updates to the examples and explanations that reflect the substantial changes that have occurred over the past couple of years. Sean Kane and Karl Matthias have added a complete chapter on Docker Compose, deeper coverage of Docker Swarm mode, introductions to both Kubernetes and AWS Fargate, examples on how to optimize your Docker images, and much more.
- Learn how Docker simplifies dependency management and deployment workflow for your applications
- Start working with Docker images, containers, and command line tools
- Use practical techniques to deploy and test Docker containers in production
- Debug containers by understanding their composition and internal processes
- Deploy production containers at scale inside your data center or cloud environment
- Explore advanced Docker topics, including deployment tools, networking, orchestration, security, and configuration
|Computer Hacking Beginners Guide: How to Hack Wireless Network, Basic Security and Penetration Testing, Kali Linux, Your First Hack
Lowest new price: $7.55
Lowest used price: $13.26
List price: $7.95
Author: Alan T. Norman
This book will teach you how you can protect yourself from most common hacking attacks -- by knowing how hacking actually works! After all, in order to prevent your system from being compromised, you need to stay a step ahead of any criminal hacker. You can do that by learning how to hack and how to do a counter-hack.
Within this book are techniques and tools that are used by both criminal and ethical hackers – all the things that you will find here will show you how information security can be compromised and how you can identify an attack in a system that you are trying to protect. At the same time, you will also learn how you can minimise any damage in your system or stop an ongoing attack.
Read this book for FREE on Kindle Unlimited
With Hacking: Computer Hacking Beginners Guide…, you'll learn everything you need to know to enter the secretive world of computer hacking. It provides a complete overview of hacking, cracking, and their effect on the world. You'll learn about the prerequisites for hacking, the various types of hackers, and the many kinds of hacking attacks:
- Active Attacks
- Masquerade Attacks
- Replay Attacks
- Modification of Messages
- Spoofing Techniques
- WiFi Hacking
- Hacking Tools
- Your First Hack
- Passive Attacks
Download Hacking: Computer Hacking Beginners Guide How to Hack Wireless Network, Basic Security and Penetration Testing, Kali Linux, Your First Hack right away - This Amazing New Edition puts a wealth of knowledge at your disposal. You'll learn how to hack an email password, spoofing techniques, WiFi hacking, and tips for ethical hacking. You'll even learn how to make your first hack.
Scroll Up And Start Enjoying This Amazing Deal Instantly
- Hacking: The Underground Guide to Computer Hacking, Including Wireless Networks, Security, Windows, Kali Linux and Penetration Testing
- Hacking: Computer Hacking, Security Testing,Penetration Testing, and Basic Secur
- Hacked: Kali Linux and Wireless Hacking Ultimate Guide With Security and Penetration Testing Tools, Practical Step by Step Computer Hacking Book
- Hash Crack: Password Cracking Manual (v2.0)
- Hacking: The Art of Exploitation, 2nd Edition
- Rtfm: Red Team Field Manual
- Tor and the Deep Web: Bitcoin, DarkNet & Cryptocurrency (2 in 1 Book) 2017-18: NSA Spying Defeated
- The Hacker Playbook 3: Practical Guide To Penetration Testing
- Blue Team Field Manual (BTFM) (RTFM)
- Computer Networking: Beginner’s guide for Mastering Computer Networking and the OSI Model (Computer Networking Series)
|Designing Distributed Systems: Patterns and Paradigms for Scalable, Reliable Services
Lowest new price: $26.07
Lowest used price: $22.49
List price: $44.99
Author: Brendan Burns
Without established design patterns to guide them, developers have had to build distributed systems from scratch, and most of these systems are very unique indeed. Today, the increasing use of containers has paved the way for core distributed system patterns and reusable containerized components. This practical guide presents a collection of repeatable, generic patterns to help make the development of reliable distributed systems far more approachable and efficient.
Author Brendan Burns—Director of Engineering at Microsoft Azure—demonstrates how you can adapt existing software design patterns for designing and building reliable distributed applications. Systems engineers and application developers will learn how these long-established patterns provide a common language and framework for dramatically increasing the quality of your system.
- Understand how patterns and reusable components enable the rapid development of reliable distributed systems
- Use the side-car, adapter, and ambassador patterns to split your application into a group of containers on a single machine
- Explore loosely coupled multi-node distributed patterns for replication, scaling, and communication between the components
- Learn distributed system patterns for large-scale batch data processing covering work-queues, event-based processing, and coordinated workflows
Lowest new price: $29.06
Lowest used price: $33.33
List price: $59.99
Author: Scott Chacon
Pro Git (Second Edition) is your fully-updated guide to Git and its usage in the modern world. Git has come a long way since it was first developed by Linus Torvalds for Linux kernel development. It has taken the open source world by storm since its inception in 2005, and this book teaches you how to use it like a pro.
Effective and well-implemented version control is a necessity for successful web projects, whether large or small. With this book you’ll learn how to master the world of distributed version workflow, use the distributed features of Git to the full, and extend Git to meet your every need.
Written by Git pros Scott Chacon and Ben Straub, Pro Git (Second Edition) builds on the hugely successful first edition, and is now fully updated for Git version 2.0, as well as including an indispensable chapter on GitHub. It’s the best book for all your Git needs.
|CompTIA A+ Certification All-in-One Exam Guide, Premium Ninth Edition (Exams 220-901 & 220-902) with Online Performance-Based Simulations and Video Training
Lowest new price: $84.56
Lowest used price: $28.64
List price: $175.00
Author: Mike Meyers
The premium edition features more than 1,000 CompTIA A+ practice questions and one year of access* to premium online media, including 250+ interactive lab simulations, 60+ episodes of video training featuring Mike Meyers, and much more!
An innovative, media-rich study system from CompTIA certification and training expert Mike Meyers, CompTIA A+ Certification All-in-One Exam Guide, Premium Ninth Edition offers complete coverage of CompTIA A+ exams 220-901 and 220-902, and fully prepares you for difficult performance-based questions. The Premium Ninth Edition is a complete study system based on Meyers’ proven bestselling book, and provides one year of online access to:
- 60+ episodes of online video training featuring Mike Meyers that cover topics relevant to your studies. These engaging and informative episodes are available in full HD resolutions
- 250+ CompTIA A+ simulations with performance-based questions that enable you to practice what you’ve read in the exam guide and watched in the video episodes. There are four components:
1. Show! Operating System and Application Training Demonstrations take you through dozens of how-to lessons on key Windows and application functions. You’ll get guided tours of Windows 7 and Windows 8, learning about configuration skills and essential tools along the way
2. Click! Interactive Graphical Windows Exercises test your knowledge of how to do things in the graphical Windows interface. You will get many tasks to solve that require you to open various applications and Windows and configure them
3. Type! Interactive Command-line Windows Exercises test your knowledge of the Windows command-line interface (CLI). You’ll practice essential commands for moving and copying files, changing file attributes, and more. You’ll be tasked to do simple network troubleshooting with CLI commands, such as ping and ipconfig. These are similar to the CLI questions you’ll see on the exams
4. Challenge! Interactive Configuration and Identification Exercises mimic many of the performance-based questions you’ll get on the CompTIA A+ exams. They offer a graphical environment for you to answer numerous types of questions. You’ll be tested on your knowledge of connectors and component identification among many other topics
- 1,000+ electronic practice questions customizable by chapter, by exam domain, or as complete practice exams. You can easily create custom exams to focus your review and target your studies.
- CompTIA A+ Certification All-in-One Exam Guide, Ninth Edition featuring learning objectives at the beginning of each chapter, exam tips, practice questions, and in-depth explanations. Designed to help you pass the CompTIA A+ exams with ease, this definitive volume also serves as an essential on-the-job reference
- Mike’s favorite shareware and freeware PC tools and utilities
- PDF copy of the book
CompTIA A+ Certification All-in-One Exam Guide, Premium Ninth Edition covers all exam topics, including how to:
- Work with CPUs, RAM, microprocessors, BIOS, motherboards, power supplies, and other PC components
- Install, configure, and maintain hard drives
- Manage input devices and removable media
- Set up, upgrade, and maintain all versions of Windows
- Troubleshoot and fix PC problems
- Install printers and other peripherals
- Configure and secure mobile devices
- Connect to the Internet
- Set up wired and wireless networks
- Protect your PC and your network
- Implement virtualization and cloud-based technologies
*For complete one-year access, initial registration must occur within the first two years of the Premium Ninth Edition’s date of publication.
|Wicked Cool Shell Scripts, 2nd Edition: 101 Scripts for Linux, OS X, and UNIX Systems
Lowest new price: $18.45
Lowest used price: $10.98
List price: $34.95
Author: Dave Taylor
Brand: No Starch Press
Shell scripts are an efficient way to interact with your machine and manage your files and system operations. With just a few lines of code, your computer will do exactly what you want it to do. But you can also use shell scripts for many other essential (and not-so-essential) tasks.
This second edition of Wicked Cool Shell Scripts offers a collection of useful, customizable, and fun shell scripts for solving common problems and personalizing your computing environment. Each chapter contains ready-to-use scripts and explanations of how they work, why you’d want to use them, and suggestions for changing and expanding them. You'll find a mix of classic favorites, like a disk backup utility that keeps your files safe when your system crashes, a password manager, a weather tracker, and several games, as well as 23 brand-new scripts, including:
– ZIP code lookup tool that reports the city and state
– Bitcoin address information retriever
– suite of tools for working with cloud services like Dropbox and iCloud
– for renaming and applying commands to files in bulk
– processing and editing tools
Whether you want to save time managing your system or just find new ways to goof off, these scripts are wicked cool!
|Ansible for DevOps: Server and configuration management for humans
Lowest new price: $18.97
Lowest used price: $14.03
List price: $19.99
Author: Jeff Geerling
Covers Ansible 2.0!
Ansible is a simple, but powerful, server and configuration management tool (with a few other tricks up its sleeve). This book helps those familiar with the command line and basic shell scripting start using Ansible to provision and manage anywhere from one to thousands of servers.
The book begins with fundamentals, like installing Ansible, setting up a basic inventory file, and basic concepts, then guides you through Ansible's many uses, including ad-hoc commands, basic and advanced playbooks, application deployments, multiple-provider server provisioning, and even Docker orchestration! Everything is explained with pertinent real-world examples, often using Vagrant-managed virtual machines.
|Kubernetes Cookbook: Building Cloud Native Applications
Lowest new price: $23.13
Lowest used price: $23.19
List price: $39.99
Author: Sébastien Goasguen
If your organization is preparing to move toward a cloud-native computing architecture, this cookbook shows you how to successfully use Kubernetes, the de-facto standard for automating the deployment, scaling, and management of containerized applications. With more than 80 proven recipes, developers, system administrators, and architects will quickly learn how to get started with Kubernetes and understand its powerful API.
Through the course of the book, authors Sébastien Goasguen and Michael Hausenblas provide several detailed solutions for installing, interacting with, and using Kubernetes in development and production. You’ll learn how to adapt the system to your particular needs and become familiar with the wider Kubernetes ecosystem. Each standalone chapter features recipes written in O’Reilly’s popular problem-solution-discussion format.
Recipes in this cookbook focus on:
- Creating a Kubernetes cluster
- Using the Kubernetes command-line interface
- Managing fundamental workload types
- Working with services
- Exploring the Kubernetes API
- Managing stateful and non-cloud native apps
- Working with volumes and configuration data
- Cluster-level and application-level scaling
- Securing your applications
- Monitoring and logging
- Maintenance and troubleshooting
|Bash Pocket Reference: Help for Power Users and Sys Admins
Lowest new price: $6.71
Lowest used price: $6.86
List price: $12.99
Author: Arnold Robbins
Brand: O REILLY
It’s simple: if you want to interact deeply with Mac OS X, Linux, and other Unix-like systems, you need to know how to work with the Bash shell. This concise little book puts all of the essential information about Bash right at your fingertips.
You’ll quickly find answers to the annoying questions that generally come up when you’re writing shell scripts: What characters do you need to quote? How do you get variable substitution to do exactly what you want? How do you use arrays? Updated for Bash version 4.4, this book has the answers to these and other problems in a format that makes browsing quick and easy.
- Invoking the shell
- Functions and variables
- Arithmetic expressions
- Command history
- Programmable completion
- Job control
- Shell options
- Command execution
- Restricted shells
- Built-in commands
Page 2 of 131
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED AS IS AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.