|Browse by Catagory:
Civil Rights & Liberties
War & Peace
Cajun & Creole Cooking
Caribbean & West Indian Cooking
Diabetic & Sugar-Free Cooking
Low Fat Cooking
Middle Eastern Cooking
Pacific Rim Cooking
Home & Garden
Literature & Fiction
Sheet Music & Scores
Environmental & Natural Resources Law
Ethics & Professional Responsibility
Procedures & Litigation
Water Supply & Land Use
Lawyer and Crimal Humor
Outdoors & Nature
Hiking & Camping
Hunting & Fishing
Beer & Beer Making
Health & Fitness
Diets & Weight Loss
Children's Science & Nature
Vitamins & Supplements
Psychology and Counseling
Philosophy of Psychology
Physiological Aspects of Psychology
Psychology of Sexuality
Psychology Testing & Measurement
Chaos & Systems
Geometry & Topology
Logic & Brain Teasers
Chaos & Systems
Geometry & Topology
Probability & Statistics
Experiments, Instruments & Measurement
Chaos & Systems
Fusion & Fission
Nuclear Magnetic Resonance
Waves & Wave Mechanics
Administration & Policy
Allied Health Professions
Medical Education & Training
Endocrinology & Metabolism
Physician & Patient
Insects & Spiders
Fish & Aquariums
Mobile & Wireless Computing: Programming
Linux Kernel & Peripherals
Linux Networking & Administration
State & Local History
Sci Fi Calendars
Bujold, Lois McMaster
Card, Orson Scott
Chalker, Jack L.
Heinlein, Robert A.
McKillip, Patricia A.
Nye, Jody Lynn
Linux Networking & Administration
|Mastering Linux Kernel Development: A kernel developer's reference manual
Lowest new price: $49.97
Lowest used price: $37.13
List price: $49.99
Author: Raghu Bharadwaj
- Master the design, components, and structures of core kernel subsystems
- Explore kernel programming interfaces and related algorithms under the hood
- Completely updated material for the 4.12.10 kernel
Mastering Linux Kernel Development looks at the Linux kernel, its internal arrangement and design, and various core subsystems, helping you to gain significant understanding of this open source marvel. You will look at how the Linux kernel, which possesses a kind of collective intelligence thanks to its scores of contributors, remains so elegant owing to its great design.
This book also looks at all the key kernel code, core data structures, functions, and macros, giving you a comprehensive foundation of the implementation details of the kernel's core services and mechanisms. You will also look at the Linux kernel as well-designed software, which gives us insights into software design in general that are easily scalable yet fundamentally strong and safe.
By the end of this book, you will have considerable understanding of and appreciation for the Linux kernel.
What you will learn
- Comprehend processes and fles-the core abstraction mechanisms of the Linux kernel that promote effective simplification and dynamism
- Decipher process scheduling and understand effective capacity utilization under general and real-time dispositions
- Simplify and learn more about process communication techniques through signals and IPC mechanisms
- Capture the rudiments of memory by grasping the key concepts and principles of physical and virtual memory management
- Take a sharp and precise look at all the key aspects of interrupt management and the clock subsystem
- Understand concurrent execution on SMP platforms through kernel synchronization and locking techniques
About the Author
Raghu Bharadwaj is a leading consultant, contributor, and corporate trainer on the Linux kernel with experience spanning close to two decades. He is an ardent kernel enthusiast and expert, and has been closely following the Linux kernel since the late 90s. He is the founder of TECH VEDA, which specializes in engineering and skilling services on the Linux kernel, through technical support, kernel contributions, and advanced training. His precise understanding and articulation of the kernel has been a hallmark, and his penchant for software designs and OS architectures has garnered him special mention from his clients. Raghu is also an expert in delivering solution-oriented, customized training programs for engineering teams working on the Linux kernel, Linux drivers, and Embedded Linux. Some of his clients include major technology companies such as Xilinx, GE, Canon, Fujitsu, UTC, TCS, Broadcom, Sasken, Qualcomm, Cognizant, STMicroelectronics, Stryker, and Lattice Semiconductors.
Table of Contents
- Comprehending Processes, Address Space, and Threads
- Deciphering the Process Scheduler
- Signal Management
- Memory Management and Allocators
- File I/O and File Systems
- Interprocess Communication
- Virtual Memory Management
- Kernel Synchronization and Locking
- Interrupts and Deferred Work
- Clock & Time Management
- Module Management
|Command Line Kung Fu: Bash Scripting Tricks, Linux Shell Programming Tips, and Bash One-liners
Lowest new price: $13.97
Lowest used price: $14.33
List price: $14.99
Author: Jason Cannon
Brand: Jason Cannon
Become a Linux Ninja with Command Line Kung Fu! Do you think you have to lock yourself in a basement reading cryptic man pages for months on end in order to have ninja like command line skills? In reality, if you had someone share their most powerful command line tips, tricks, and patterns you'd save yourself a lot of time and frustration. What if you could look over the shoulder of a good friend that just happened to be a command line guru? What if they not only showed you the commands they were using, but why they were using them and exactly how they worked? And what if that friend took the time to write all of it down so you can refer to it whenever you liked? Well, a friend did just that. Command Line Kung Fu is packed with dozens of tips and over 100 practical real-world examples. You won't find theoretical examples in this book. The examples demonstrate how to solve actual problems and accomplish worthwhile goals. The tactics are easy to find, too. Each chapter covers a specific topic and groups related tips and examples together. For example, if you need help extracting text from a file look in the "Text Processing and Manipulation" chapter. Also, a comprehensive index is included. If you want to find every example where a given command is used -- even if it's not the main subject of the tip -- look in the index. It will list every single place in the book where that command appears. Here is just some of what you will learn by reading Command Line Kung Fu:
What you learn in Command Line Kung Fu applies to any Linux distribution including Ubuntu, Debian, Linux Mint, RedHat, Fedora, OpenSUSE, Slackware, and more.
- How to quickly and easily repeat commands in your shell history
- Shortcuts for grabbing specific words from your shell history to use in your current command
- How to save a copy of your command line session for later reference
- How to strip out blank lines and comments from files
- How to control colorized text when uses pipes and pagers
- Ways to transform text: from changing case to substituting characters and more
- How to extract specific blocks of text from files or streams of input
- A quick tip to fix common typos
- How to edit files over the network
- How to compare the differences between files on your local computer and a remote one
- How to create and use SSH tunnels
- Ways to verify what programs are listening on what ports
- How to kill all the processes for a given user with a single command
- Strategies for dealing with multi-hop SSH connections
- How to disconnect from a server in a way that will allow you to pick up where you left off
- How to automate software installs that require user input
- Shell scripting tips
- How to automatically keep repeating a command until it succeeds
- The right way to delete a file that is being written to
- How to surf the web from the command line... and more importantly how to download anything from the web and interact with HTTP APIs
- Ways to determine who and what is using the most disk space
- How to secure your web browser session when using an open wifi hotspot
- How to generate random passwords from the command line
- Two tips for easily creating backups
- Tips for handling tar archives
- How to replace a string in multiple files at once with just one command
- and much more...
Scroll up, click the "Buy Now With 1-Click" button to get your black belt in Linux Command Line Kung Fu.
- Command Line Kung Fu Bash Scripting Tricks Linux Shell Programming Tips and Bash One Liners
|Docker Cookbook: Solutions and Examples for Building Distributed Applications
Lowest new price: $26.78
Lowest used price: $23.93
List price: $44.99
Author: Sébastien Goasguen
Brand: O Reilly Media
Whether you’re deploying applications on premise or in the cloud, this cookbook provides developers, operators, and IT professionals with more than 130 proven recipes for working with Docker.
With these practical solutions, experienced developers with no previous knowledge of Docker will be able to package and deploy distributed applications within a couple of chapters. IT professionals will be able to solve everyday problems, as well as create, run, share, and deploy Docker images. Operators will quickly be able to adopt the tools that will change the way they work.
The recipes in this book will help you:
- Manage containers, mount data volumes, and link containers
- Create and share container images
- Network containers across single or multiple hosts
- Tackle advanced topics such as Docker configuration and development
- Deploy multi-container applications on a distributed cluster with Kubernetes
- Use a new generation of operating systems optimized for Docker
- Learn tools for application deployment, continuous integration, service discovery, and orchestration
- Access a Docker host on Amazon AWS, Google GCE, and Microsoft Azure
- Monitor containers and explore different application use cases
|Puppet 5 Beginner's Guide - Third Edition: Go from newbie to pro with Puppet 5
Lowest new price: $39.97
Lowest used price: $48.55
List price: $39.99
Author: John Arundel
Puppet 5 Beginner's Guide, Third Edition is a practical guide that gets you up and running with the very latest features of Puppet 5.
About This Book
- Develop skills to run Puppet 5 on single or multiple servers without hiccups
- Use Puppet to create and manage cloud resources such as Amazon EC2 instances
- Take full advantage of powerful new features of Puppet including loops, data types, Hiera integration, and container management
Who This Book Is For
Puppet 5 Beginner's Guide, Third Edition is designed for those who are new to Puppet, including system administrators and developers who are looking to manage computer server systems for configuration management. No prior programming or system administration experience is assumed.
What You Will Learn
- Understand the latest Puppet 5 features
- Install and set up Puppet and discover the latest and most advanced features
- Configure, build, and run containers in production using Puppet's industry-leading Docker support
- Deploy configuration files and templates at super-fast speeds and manage user accounts and access control
- Automate your IT infrastructure
- Use the latest features in Puppet 5 onward and its official modules
- Manage clouds, containers, and orchestration
- Get to know the best practices to make Puppet more reliable and increase its performance
Puppet 5 Beginner's Guide, Third Edition gets you up and running with the very latest features of Puppet 5, including Docker containers, Hiera data, and Amazon AWS cloud orchestration. Go from beginner to confident Puppet user with a series of clear, practical examples to help you manage every aspect of your server setup.
Whether you're a developer, a system administrator, or you are simply curious about Puppet, you'll learn Puppet skills that you can put into practice right away. With practical steps giving you the key concepts you need, this book teaches you how to install packages and config files, create users, set up scheduled jobs, provision cloud instances, build containers, and so much more.
Every example in this book deals with something real and practical that you're likely to need in your work, and you'll see the complete Puppet code that makes it happen, along with step-by-step instructions for what to type and what output you'll see. All the examples are available in a GitHub repo for you to download and adapt for your own server setup.
Style and approach
This tutorial is packed with quick step-by-step instructions that are immediately applicable for beginners. This is an easy-to-read guide, to learn Puppet from scratch, that explains simply and clearly all you need to know to use this essential IT power tool, while applying these solutions to real-world scenarios.
|Understanding Linux Network Internals: Guided Tour to Networking on Linux
Lowest new price: $24.99
Lowest used price: $12.19
List price: $59.99
Author: Christian Benvenuti
If you've ever wondered how Linux carries out the complicated tasks assigned to it by the IP protocols -- or if you just want to learn about modern networking through real-life examples -- Understanding Linux Network Internals is for you.
Like the popular O'Reilly book, Understanding the Linux Kernel, this book clearly explains the underlying concepts and teaches you how to follow the actual C code that implements it. Although some background in the TCP/IP protocols is helpful, you can learn a great deal from this text about the protocols themselves and their uses. And if you already have a base knowledge of C, you can use the book's code walkthroughs to figure out exactly what this sophisticated part of the Linux kernel is doing.
Part of the difficulty in understanding networks -- and implementing them -- is that the tasks are broken up and performed at many different times by different pieces of code. One of the strengths of this book is to integrate the pieces and reveal the relationships between far-flung functions and data structures. Understanding Linux Network Internals is both a big-picture discussion and a no-nonsense guide to the details of Linux networking. Topics include:
- Key problems with networking
- Network interface card (NIC) device drivers
- System initialization
- Layer 2 (link-layer) tasks and implementation
- Layer 3 (IPv4) tasks and implementation
- Neighbor infrastructure and protocols (ARP)
Author Christian Benvenuti, an operating system designer specializing in networking, explains much more than how Linux code works. He shows the purposes of major networking features and the trade-offs involved in choosing one solution over another. A large number of flowcharts and other diagrams enhance the book's understandability.
|Linux Administration: A Beginner’s Guide, Seventh Edition
Lowest new price: $21.30
Lowest used price: $10.74
List price: $40.00
Author: Wale Soyinka
Brand: Wale Soyinka
Now with a virtual machine showcasing the book's test system configuration, Linux Administration: A Beginner's Guide, Seventh Edition teaches system administrators how to set-up and configure Linux quickly and easily.
Effectively set up and manage any version of Linux on individual servers or entire networks using this practical resource. Fully updated to cover the latest tools and techniques, Linux Administration: A Beginner’s Guide, Seventh Edition features clear explanations, step-by-step instructions, and real-world examples. Find out how to configure hardware and software, work from the GUI or command line, maintain Internet and network services, and secure your data. Performance tuning, virtualization, containers, software management, and backup solutions are covered in detail.
- Install and configure Linux, including the latest distributions from Fedora, Ubuntu, CentOS, openSUSE, Debian, and RHEL
- Manage users, permissions, files, folders, and applications
- Set up and administer system services and daemons
- Manage software from source code or binary packages
- Customize, build, or patch the Linux kernel
- Work with physical and virtual file systems, such as proc, SysFS, and cgroup
- Understand networking protocols, including TCP/IP, ARP, IPv4, and IPv6
- Build reliable firewalls and routers with Netfilter (iptables and nftables) and Linux
- Monitor and test network activity and minimize security threats
- Create and maintain DNS, FTP, web, e-mail, print, LDAP, and VoIP servers
- Share resources using GlusterFS, NFS, and Samba
- Implement popular cloud-based technologies using Linux virtualization and containers using KVM and Docker
- Linux Administration A Beginner s Guide Seventh Edition
|Kali Linux 2 Assuring Security by Penetration Testing - Third Edition
Lowest new price: $40.96
Lowest used price: $44.93
List price: $44.99
Author: Gerard Johansen
Achieve the gold standard in penetration testing with Kali using this masterpiece, now in its third edition!
About This Book
- Get a rock-solid insight into penetration testing techniques and test your corporate network against threats like never before
- Formulate your pentesting strategies by relying on the most up-to-date and feature-rich Kali version in town―Kali Linux 2 (aka Sana).
- Experience this journey with new cutting-edge wireless penetration tools and a variety of new features to make your pentesting experience smoother
Who This Book Is For
If you are an IT security professional or a student with basic knowledge of Unix/Linux operating systems, including an awareness of information security factors, and you want to use Kali Linux for penetration testing, this book is for you.
What You Will Learn
- Find out to download and install your own copy of Kali Linux
- Properly scope and conduct the initial stages of a penetration test
- Conduct reconnaissance and enumeration of target networks
- Exploit and gain a foothold on a target system or network
- Obtain and crack passwords
- Use the Kali Linux NetHunter install to conduct wireless penetration testing
- Create proper penetration testing reports
Kali Linux is a comprehensive penetration testing platform with advanced tools to identify, detect, and exploit the vulnerabilities uncovered in the target network environment. With Kali Linux, you can apply appropriate testing methodology with defined business objectives and a scheduled test plan, resulting in a successful penetration testing project engagement.
Kali Linux – Assuring Security by Penetration Testing is a fully focused, structured book providing guidance on developing practical penetration testing skills by demonstrating cutting-edge hacker tools and techniques with a coherent, step-by-step approach. This book offers you all of the essential lab preparation and testing procedures that reflect real-world attack scenarios from a business perspective, in today's digital age.
Style and approach
This practical guide will showcase penetration testing through cutting-edge tools and techniques using a coherent, step-by-step approach.
|ZFS on Linux: Internals and Administration
Lowest new price: $19.99
List price: $19.99
Author: William R Speirs PhD
This book delivers the internals and administration of ZFS on Linux. Discussed in this book are the internals of ZPOOLs, Datasets including filesystems, snapshots, clones, and bookmarks. A description of the ARC, L2ARC, and SLOG is provided.
- FreeBSD Mastery: Advanced ZFS (IT Mastery) (Volume 9)
- FreeBSD Mastery: ZFS (IT Mastery) (Volume 7)
- Elements of Programming Interviews in Python: The Insiders' Guide
- PAM Mastery (IT Mastery) (Volume 10)
- FreeBSD Mastery: Storage Essentials (IT Mastery) (Volume 4)
- Ubuntu Unleashed 2017 Edition (Includes Content Update Program): Covering 16.10, 17.04, 17.10 (12th Edition)
- Learning Python, 5th Edition
- Cable Matters Internal Mini-SAS to 4x SATA Forward Breakout Cable 3.3 Feet
- Windows Internals, Part 1: System architecture, processes, threads, memory management, and more (7th Edition)
- Fluent Python: Clear, Concise, and Effective Programming
|Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7: Desktops and Administration
Lowest new price: $35.83
Lowest used price: $35.77
List price: $39.00
Author: Richard L Petersen
This book examines Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7 for the desktop user and administrator (covers RHEL 7.4). Though administrative tools are covered, the emphasis is on what a user would need to know to perform tasks. The focus here is on what users face when using Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7, covering topics like applications, the GNOME and KDE desktops, shell commands, and the administration and network tools. Desktops are examined in detail, including configuration options. Administration topics are also covered including user management, software management, repositories, services, systemd, system monitoring, shell configuration, encryption, network connections, shared resources, authentication, SELinux, firewalls, shell configuration, backups, and printers.
|SSH Mastery: OpenSSH, PuTTY, Tunnels and Keys
Lowest new price: $18.42
Lowest used price: $13.98
List price: $19.95
Author: Michael W Lucas
Brand: Brand: CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform
Secure Shell (SSH) lets systems administrators securely manage remote systems. But most people only use the bare minimum SSH offers. Used properly, SSH simplifies your job and improves security.
This book saves you from sifting a decade of obsolete online tutorials and quickly gets you running:SSH with the OpenSSH server and the PuTTY and OpenSSH clients. You will:
* Eliminate passwords.
* Manage access to your SSH server by users, groups, addresses, and more
* Securely move files around your network
* Forward graphic displays from one host to another
* Forward TCP/IP connections
* Centrally manage host keys and client configurations
* Use SSH as a secure transport for other applications
* Secure applications run over SSH
* Build Virtual Private Networks with OpenSSH
And more! This book quickly and painlessly simplifies life for anyone using SSH.
- Used Book in Good Condition
Page 4 of 133
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED AS IS AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.