|Browse by Catagory:
Civil Rights & Liberties
War & Peace
Cajun & Creole Cooking
Caribbean & West Indian Cooking
Diabetic & Sugar-Free Cooking
Low Fat Cooking
Middle Eastern Cooking
Pacific Rim Cooking
Home & Garden
Literature & Fiction
Sheet Music & Scores
Environmental & Natural Resources Law
Ethics & Professional Responsibility
Procedures & Litigation
Water Supply & Land Use
Lawyer and Crimal Humor
Outdoors & Nature
Hiking & Camping
Hunting & Fishing
Beer & Beer Making
Health & Fitness
Diets & Weight Loss
Children's Science & Nature
Vitamins & Supplements
Psychology and Counseling
Philosophy of Psychology
Physiological Aspects of Psychology
Psychology of Sexuality
Psychology Testing & Measurement
Chaos & Systems
Geometry & Topology
Logic & Brain Teasers
Chaos & Systems
Geometry & Topology
Probability & Statistics
Experiments, Instruments & Measurement
Chaos & Systems
Fusion & Fission
Nuclear Magnetic Resonance
Waves & Wave Mechanics
Administration & Policy
Allied Health Professions
Medical Education & Training
Endocrinology & Metabolism
Physician & Patient
Insects & Spiders
Fish & Aquariums
Mobile & Wireless Computing: Programming
Linux Kernel & Peripherals
Linux Networking & Administration
State & Local History
Sci Fi Calendars
Bujold, Lois McMaster
Card, Orson Scott
Chalker, Jack L.
Heinlein, Robert A.
McKillip, Patricia A.
Nye, Jody Lynn
|Linux Administration: A Beginner’s Guide, Seventh Edition
Lowest new price: $21.30
Lowest used price: $10.74
List price: $40.00
Author: Wale Soyinka
Brand: Wale Soyinka
Now with a virtual machine showcasing the book's test system configuration, Linux Administration: A Beginner's Guide, Seventh Edition teaches system administrators how to set-up and configure Linux quickly and easily.
Effectively set up and manage any version of Linux on individual servers or entire networks using this practical resource. Fully updated to cover the latest tools and techniques, Linux Administration: A Beginner’s Guide, Seventh Edition features clear explanations, step-by-step instructions, and real-world examples. Find out how to configure hardware and software, work from the GUI or command line, maintain Internet and network services, and secure your data. Performance tuning, virtualization, containers, software management, and backup solutions are covered in detail.
- Install and configure Linux, including the latest distributions from Fedora, Ubuntu, CentOS, openSUSE, Debian, and RHEL
- Manage users, permissions, files, folders, and applications
- Set up and administer system services and daemons
- Manage software from source code or binary packages
- Customize, build, or patch the Linux kernel
- Work with physical and virtual file systems, such as proc, SysFS, and cgroup
- Understand networking protocols, including TCP/IP, ARP, IPv4, and IPv6
- Build reliable firewalls and routers with Netfilter (iptables and nftables) and Linux
- Monitor and test network activity and minimize security threats
- Create and maintain DNS, FTP, web, e-mail, print, LDAP, and VoIP servers
- Share resources using GlusterFS, NFS, and Samba
- Implement popular cloud-based technologies using Linux virtualization and containers using KVM and Docker
- Linux Administration A Beginner s Guide Seventh Edition
|Embedded Linux Systems with the Yocto Project (Pearson Open Source Software Development Series)
Lowest new price: $39.36
Lowest used price: $39.43
List price: $49.99
Author: Rudolf J. Streif
Build Complete Embedded Linux Systems Quickly and Reliably
Developers are increasingly integrating Linux into their embedded systems: It supports virtually all hardware architectures and many peripherals, scales well, offers full source code, and requires no royalties. The Yocto Project makes it much easier to customize Linux for embedded systems. If you’re a developer with working knowledge of Linux, Embedded Linux Systems with the Yocto Project™ will help you make the most of it.
An indispensable companion to the official documentation, this guide starts by offering a solid grounding in the embedded Linux landscape and the challenges of creating custom distributions for embedded systems. You’ll master the Yocto Project’s toolbox hands-on, by working through the entire development lifecycle with a variety of real-life examples that you can incorporate into your own projects.
Author Rudolf Streif offers deep insight into Yocto Project’s build system and engine, and addresses advanced topics ranging from board support to compliance management.
You’ll learn how to
- Overcome key challenges of creating custom embedded distributions
- Jumpstart and iterate OS stack builds with the OpenEmbedded Build System
- Master build workflow, architecture, and the BitBake Build Engine
- Quickly troubleshoot build problems
- Customize new distros with built-in blueprints or from scratch
- Use BitBake recipes to create new software packages
- Build kernels, set configurations, and apply patches
- Support diverse CPU architectures and systems
- Create Board Support Packages (BSP) for hardware-specific adaptations
- Provide Application Development Toolkits (ADT) for round-trip development
- Remotely run and debug applications on actual hardware targets
- Ensure open-source license compliance
- Scale team-based projects with Toaster, Build History, Source Mirrors, and Autobuilder
|Linux Hardening in Hostile Networks: Server Security from TLS to Tor (Pearson Open Source Software Development Series)
Lowest new price: $31.67
Lowest used price: $28.90
List price: $39.99
Author: Kyle Rankin
Brand: Rankin Kyle
Implement Industrial-Strength Security on Any Linux Server
In an age of mass surveillance, when advanced cyberwarfare weapons rapidly migrate into every hacker’s toolkit, you can’t rely on outdated security methods–especially if you’re responsible for Internet-facing services. In Linux® Hardening in Hostile Networks, Kyle Rankin helps you to implement modern safeguards that provide maximum impact with minimum effort and to strip away old techniques that are no longer worth your time.
Rankin provides clear, concise guidance on modern workstation, server, and network hardening, and explains how to harden specific services, such as web servers, email, DNS, and databases. Along the way, he demystifies technologies once viewed as too complex or mysterious but now essential to mainstream Linux security. He also includes a full chapter on effective incident response that both DevOps and SecOps can use to write their own incident response plan.
Each chapter begins with techniques any sysadmin can use quickly to protect against entry-level hackers and presents intermediate and advanced techniques to safeguard against sophisticated and knowledgeable attackers, perhaps even state actors. Throughout, you learn what each technique does, how it works, what it does and doesn’t protect against, and whether it would be useful in your environment.
- Apply core security techniques including 2FA and strong passwords
- Protect admin workstations via lock screens, disk encryption, BIOS passwords, and other methods
- Use the security-focused Tails distribution as a quick path to a hardened workstation
- Compartmentalize workstation tasks into VMs with varying levels of trust
- Harden servers with SSH, use apparmor and sudo to limit the damage attackers can do, and set up remote syslog servers to track their actions
- Establish secure VPNs with OpenVPN, and leverage SSH to tunnel traffic when VPNs can’t be used
- Configure a software load balancer to terminate SSL/TLS connections and initiate new ones downstream
- Set up standalone Tor services and hidden Tor services and relays
- Secure Apache and Nginx web servers, and take full advantage of HTTPS
- Perform advanced web server hardening with HTTPS forward secrecy and ModSecurity web application firewalls
- Strengthen email security with SMTP relay authentication, SMTPS, SPF records, DKIM, and DMARC
- Harden DNS servers, deter their use in DDoS attacks, and fully implement DNSSEC
- Systematically protect databases via network access control, TLS traffic encryption, and encrypted data storage
- Respond to a compromised server, collect evidence, and prevent future attacks
Register your product at informit.com/register for convenient access to downloads, updates, and corrections as they become available.
- Linux Hardening in Hostile Networks Server Security from Tls to Tor
|Linux for Makers: Understanding the Operating System That Runs Raspberry Pi and Other Maker SBCs
Lowest new price: $14.42
Lowest used price: $9.50
List price: $24.99
Author: Aaron Newcomb
Brand: Newcomb Aaron
Linux is a powerful open-source operating system that has been around for many years and is widely used for running servers and websites. But most students and Makers encounter it for the first time when they are working on projects with their Raspberry Pi or similar single-board computers (SBCs) such as BeagleBone Black or Intel Galileo. Linux for Makers is the first book that explains the Linux operating system specifically for Makers, as opposed to programmers and administrators. By gaining a deeper understanding of Linux, Makers can add another useful tool to their kit that will help them build their projects more easily.
Written with the Maker in mind, this book will focus mostly on Rasbian running on the Raspberry Pi as it is the most prolific in the ecosystem today. However most of the topics covered will apply broadly to other Linux distributions and will be called out when they may differ. Many times users cut and paste from a website tutorial into the Linux command line without understanding what they are actually doing only to be frustrated when they want to modify or tweak something to suit their needs. Also, many Makers shy away from using the Raspberry Pi or similar board because they feel Linux is too foreign and they think using a command line will be more difficult than using a GUI. This book aims to overcome those fears and provide a foundation for further learning and exploration. To that end, this book will focus on the basic principles that a Maker would need to know as opposed to other resources that go into detail that is not particularly relevant to building projects.
- Linux for Makers Understanding the Operating System That Runs Raspberry Pi and Other Maker Sbcs
- Getting Started With Raspberry Pi: An Introduction to the Fastest-Selling Computer in the World
- Learn Electronics with Arduino: An Illustrated Beginner's Guide to Physical Computing (Make)
- Exploring Raspberry Pi: Interfacing to the Real World with Embedded Linux
- Programming the Raspberry Pi, Second Edition: Getting Started with Python
- Electronics Cookbook: Practical Electronic Recipes with Arduino and Raspberry Pi
- Motors for Makers: A Guide to Steppers, Servos, and Other Electrical Machines
- Getting Started with Arduino: The Open Source Electronics Prototyping Platform (Make)
- Making Things Talk: Using Sensors, Networks, and Arduino to See, Hear, and Feel Your World
- Make: Action: Movement, Light, and Sound with Arduino and Raspberry Pi
- Python Programming for Raspberry Pi, Sams Teach Yourself in 24 Hours (2nd Edition) (Sams Teach Yourself -- Hours)
|DevOps Troubleshooting: Linux Server Best Practices
Lowest new price: $27.75
Lowest used price: $21.98
List price: $39.99
Author: Kyle Rankin
“If you’re a developer trying to figure out why your application is not responding at 3 am, you need this book! This is now my go-to book when diagnosing production issues. It has saved me hours in troubleshooting complicated operations problems.”
–Trotter Cashion, cofounder, Mashion
DevOps can help developers, QAs, and admins work together to solve Linux server problems far more rapidly, significantly improving IT performance, availability, and efficiency. To gain these benefits, however, team members need common troubleshooting skills and practices.
In DevOps Troubleshooting: Linux Server Best Practices , award-winning Linux expert Kyle Rankin brings together all the standardized, repeatable techniques your team needs to stop finger-pointing, collaborate effectively, and quickly solve virtually any Linux server problem. Rankin walks you through using DevOps techniques to troubleshoot everything from boot failures and corrupt disks to lost email and downed websites. You’ll master indispensable skills for diagnosing high-load systems and network problems in production environments.
Rankin shows how to
- Master DevOps’ approach to troubleshooting and proven Linux server problem-solving principles
- Diagnose slow servers and applications by identifying CPU, RAM, and Disk I/O bottlenecks
- Understand healthy boots, so you can identify failure points and fix them
- Solve full or corrupt disk issues that prevent disk writes
- Track down the sources of network problems
- Troubleshoot DNS, email, and other network services
- Isolate and diagnose Apache and Nginx Web server failures and slowdowns
- Solve problems with MySQL and Postgres database servers and queries
- Identify hardware failures–even notoriously elusive intermittent failures
|Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6 Administration: Real World Skills for Red Hat Administrators
Lowest new price: $33.58
Lowest used price: $33.41
List price: $59.99
Author: Sander van Vugt
Brand: Brand: Sybex
The definitive guide to administering a Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6 network
Linux professionals who need a go-to guide on version 6 of Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) will find what they need in this comprehensive Sybex book. It covers RHEL administration in detail, including how to set up and manage web and mail services, use RHEL in enterprise environments, secure it, optimize storage, configure for virtualization and high availability, and much more. It also provides a great study aid for those preparing for either the RHCSA or RHCE certification exam.
- Red Hat is the Linux market leader, and Red Hat administrators are in demand
- This Sybex guide is a comprehensive resource on Red Hat Enterprise Linux administration and useful for those preparing for one of the Red Hat certification exams
- Covers setting up and managing web and mail services, using RHEL in enterprise environments, securing RHEL, and optimizing storage to fit your environment
- Explores advanced RHEL configurations, including virtualization and high availability
Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6 Administration is the guide Linux professionals and Red Hat administrators need to stay current on the newest version.
- Used Book in Good Condition
|Embedded Linux Primer: A Practical Real-World Approach (2nd Edition)
Lowest new price: $45.21
Lowest used price: $31.64
List price: $54.99
Author: Christopher Hallinan
Up-to-the-Minute, Complete Guidance for Developing Embedded Solutions with Linux
Linux has emerged as today’s #1 operating system for embedded products. Christopher Hallinan’s Embedded Linux Primer has proven itself as the definitive real-world guide to building efficient, high-value, embedded systems with Linux. Now, Hallinan has thoroughly updated this highly praised book for the newest Linux kernels, capabilities, tools, and hardware support, including advanced multicore processors.
Drawing on more than a decade of embedded Linux experience, Hallinan helps you rapidly climb the learning curve, whether you’re moving from legacy environments or you’re new to embedded programming. Hallinan addresses today’s most important development challenges and demonstrates how to solve the problems you’re most likely to encounter.
You’ll learn how to build a modern, efficient embedded Linux development environment, and then utilize it as productively as possible. Hallinan offers up-to-date guidance on everything from kernel configuration and initialization to bootloaders, device drivers to file systems, and BusyBox utilities to real-time configuration and system analysis. This edition adds entirely new chapters on UDEV, USB, and open source build systems.
- Tour the typical embedded system and development environment and understand its concepts and components.
- Understand the Linux kernel and userspace initialization processes.
- Preview bootloaders, with specific emphasis on U-Boot.
- Configure the Memory Technology Devices (MTD) subsystem to interface with flash (and other) memory devices.
- Make the most of BusyBox and latest open source development tools.
- Learn from expanded and updated coverage of kernel debugging.
- Build and analyze real-time systems with Linux.
- Learn to configure device files and driver loading with UDEV.
- Walk through detailed coverage of the USB subsystem.
- Introduces the latest open source embedded Linux build systems.
- Reference appendices include U-Boot and BusyBox commands.
- ISBN13: 9780137017836
- Condition: New
- Notes: BRAND NEW FROM PUBLISHER! 100% Satisfaction Guarantee. Tracking provided on most orders. Buy with Confidence! Millions of books sold!
|Kali Linux Cookbook - Second Edition: Effective penetration testing solutions
Lowest new price: $44.99
Lowest used price: $42.57
List price: $44.99
Author: Corey P. Schultz
Over 80 recipes to effectively test your network and boost your career in security
About This Book
- Learn how to scan networks to find vulnerable computers and servers
- Hack into devices to control them, steal their data, and make them yours
- Target wireless networks, databases, and web servers, and password cracking to make the most of Kali Linux
Who This Book Is For
If you are looking to expand your career into penetration testing, you will need a good understanding of Kali Linux and the variety of tools it includes. This book will work as a perfect guide for anyone who wants to have a practical approach in leveraging penetration testing mechanisms using Kali Linux
What You Will Learn
- Acquire the key skills of ethical hacking to perform penetration testing
- Learn how to perform network reconnaissance
- Discover vulnerabilities in hosts
- Attack vulnerabilities to take control of workstations and servers
- Understand password cracking to bypass security
- Learn how to hack into wireless networks
- Attack web and database servers to exfiltrate data
- Obfuscate your command and control connections to avoid firewall and IPS detection
Kali Linux is a Linux distribution designed for penetration testing and security auditing. It is the successor to BackTrack, the world's most popular penetration testing distribution. Kali Linux is the most widely used platform and toolkit for penetration testing. Security is currently the hottest field in technology with a projected need for millions of security professionals.
|Linux: Linux For Beginners Guide To Learn Linux Command Line, Linux Operating System And Linux Commands
Lowest new price: $14.87
Lowest used price: $14.82
List price: $15.38
Author: Josh Thompsons
Do You Want To Master The Linux Operating System? Would You Like To Start Leveraging The Command Line System Fast and Easily?
Yes, if you've ever dabbled with Linux, even if you have no programming experience, then this book will provide the basis and tools you need to become successful with Linux Operating System!
Linux is, without a doubt, the best and most often used operating system that is open-source. In “Linux: Linux For Beginners Guide to Learn Linux Command Line, Linux Operating System And Linux Commands”, the author provides proven steps and strategies on learning what Linux is and how to use it. If you like the idea of having additional security and stability in your system, you should start learning more about this revolutionary operating system by using sites that provide Linux links. This book contains information on the Linux Operating System, especially for beginners. Programmers and system administrators can also easily benefit from the discussions inside.
The Ultimate Beginner's Guide To Linux Operating System And Command Line For Linux System Programming
Here Is A Preview Of What You'll Learn:
- Installing Virtual Machines
- The Linux Directory Structure
- All About the Shell
- Basic Linux Commands
- Teach Yourself Fish
- File and Directory Permissions
- Getting to Grips with Editors
- Environment Variables
and many more!
By the end of this book, you will fully understand the most important and fundamental concepts of Linux server administration. More importantly, you will be able to put those concepts to use in practical real-world situations. You'll be able to configure, maintain, and support a variety of Linux systems. There are practical examples to help you understand the concepts and for added practicality
Discover Everything You Need to Know About Linux!
|Understanding UNIX/LINUX Programming: A Guide to Theory and Practice
Lowest new price: $120.75
Lowest used price: $57.50
List price: $151.40
Author: Bruce Molay
This book explains in a clear and coherent manner how Unix works, how to understand existing Unix programs, and how to design and create new Unix programs. The book is organized by subsystem, each presented in visual terms and explained using vivid metaphors. It breaks the information into manageable parts that can be presented, explained, and mastered. By using case studies and an extremely reader-friendly manner to illustrate complex ideas and concepts, the book covers the basics of systems programming, users, files and manuals, how to read a directory, using 1S, writing PWD, studying STTY, writing a video game, studying SH, environment and shell variables, I/O redirection and pipes, servers and sockets, writing a web server, license servers, and concurrent functions. For Unix system administrators and programmers, network programmers, and others who have used other operating systems and need to learn Unix programming to expand their skill sets.
Page 4 of 123
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED AS IS AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.