|Browse by Catagory:
Civil Rights & Liberties
War & Peace
Cajun & Creole Cooking
Caribbean & West Indian Cooking
Diabetic & Sugar-Free Cooking
Low Fat Cooking
Middle Eastern Cooking
Pacific Rim Cooking
Home & Garden
Literature & Fiction
Sheet Music & Scores
Environmental & Natural Resources Law
Ethics & Professional Responsibility
Procedures & Litigation
Water Supply & Land Use
Lawyer and Crimal Humor
Outdoors & Nature
Hiking & Camping
Hunting & Fishing
Beer & Beer Making
Health & Fitness
Diets & Weight Loss
Children's Science & Nature
Vitamins & Supplements
Psychology and Counseling
Philosophy of Psychology
Physiological Aspects of Psychology
Psychology of Sexuality
Psychology Testing & Measurement
Chaos & Systems
Geometry & Topology
Logic & Brain Teasers
Chaos & Systems
Geometry & Topology
Probability & Statistics
Experiments, Instruments & Measurement
Chaos & Systems
Fusion & Fission
Nuclear Magnetic Resonance
Waves & Wave Mechanics
Administration & Policy
Allied Health Professions
Medical Education & Training
Endocrinology & Metabolism
Physician & Patient
Insects & Spiders
Fish & Aquariums
Mobile & Wireless Computing: Programming
Linux Kernel & Peripherals
Linux Networking & Administration
State & Local History
Sci Fi Calendars
Bujold, Lois McMaster
Card, Orson Scott
Chalker, Jack L.
Heinlein, Robert A.
McKillip, Patricia A.
Nye, Jody Lynn
Lowest new price: $24.43
Lowest used price: $13.55
List price: $50.00
Author: Christopher Negus
Brand: Negus Christopher
The industry favorite Linux guide, updated for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7 and the cloud
Linux Bible, 9th Edition is the ultimate hands-on Linux user guide, whether you're a true beginner or a more advanced user navigating recent changes. This updated ninth edition covers the latest versions of Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7 (RHEL 7), Fedora 21, and Ubuntu 14.04 LTS, and includes new information on cloud computing and development with guidance on Openstack and Cloudforms. With a focus on RHEL 7, this practical guide gets you up to speed quickly on the new enhancements for enterprise-quality file systems, the new boot process and services management, firewalld, and the GNOME 3 desktop. Written by a Red Hat expert, this book provides the clear explanations and step-by-step instructions that demystify Linux and bring the new features seamlessly into your workflow.
This useful guide assumes a base of little or no Linux knowledge, and takes you step by step through what you need to know to get the job done.
- Get Linux up and running quickly
- Master basic operations and tackle more advanced tasks
- Get up to date on the recent changes to Linux server system management
- Bring Linux to the cloud using Openstack and Cloudforms
Linux Bible, 9th Edition is the one resource you need, and provides the hands-on training that gets you on track in a flash.
|RHCSA/RHCE Red Hat Linux Certification Study Guide, Seventh Edition (Exams EX200 & EX300)
Lowest new price: $29.99
Lowest used price: $19.50
List price: $60.00
Author: Michael Jang
Based on Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7, the new edition of this bestselling study guide covers the updated Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA) and Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE) exams.
RHCSA/RHCE Red Hat Linux Certification Study Guide, 7th Edition is fully revised to cover the recently released Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7 and the corresponding RHCSA and RHCE certification exams. This new edition provides complete coverage of all official exam objectives for the new exams.
An integrated study system based on proven pedagogy, this revised bestseller features special elements that reinforce and teach practical skills while preparing candidates for the exam. Each chapter includes step-by-step exercises, Exam Watch and On-the-Job sidebars, Two-Minute Drills, end-of-chapter self tests, and hands-on lab questions. Electronic content includes four complete lab-based practice exams to ensure you’re ready to sit for the live exams.
- Complete coverage of all exam objectives and performance-based requirements related to the exams, including difficult lab-based scenarios
- Electronic content includes four complete lab-based practice exams, two for RHCSA and two for RHCE
- A proven study system for RHCSA and RHCE candidates
|CompTIA Linux+ Guide to Linux Certification (MindTap Course List)
Lowest new price: $77.30
Lowest used price: $85.98
List price: $265.95
Author: Jason Eckert
Brand: Cengage Learning
Equip yourself with the most up-to-date information to pass CompTIA's Linux+ (Powered by LPI) Certification exam successfully and excel when using Linux in today's business world with Eckert's LINUX+ GUIDE TO LINUX CERTIFICATION, 4E. This complete guide provides the solid conceptual foundation and mastery of hands-on skills necessary to work with the Linux operation system in today's network administration environment. You'll find a focus on quality throughout with an emphasis on preparing you for valuable real-world experiences. This edition's comprehensive coverage presents updated information on the latest Linux distributions as well as storage technologies commonly used in server environments, such as LVM and ZFS. New, expanded material addresses key job-related networking services, including FTP, NFS, Samba, Apache, DNS, DHCP, NTP, Squid, Postfix, SSH, VNC, Postgresql, and iptables/firewalld. You study the latest information on current and emerging security practices and technologies. Hands-On Projects help you practice new skills using both Fedora™ 20 and Ubuntu Server 14.04 Linux, while review questions and key terms reinforce important concepts. Trust LINUX+ GUIDE TO LINUX CERTIFICATION, 4E for success on the certification exam and your career beyond.
|Mastering Linux Security and Hardening: Secure your Linux server and protect it from intruders, malware attacks, and other external threats
Lowest new price: $44.98
Lowest used price: $34.93
List price: $44.99
Author: Donald A. Tevault
A comprehensive guide to mastering the art of preventing your Linux system from getting compromised.
- Leverage this guide to confidently deliver a system that reduces the risk of being hacked
- Perform a number of advanced Linux security techniques such as network service detection, user authentication, controlling special permissions, encrypting file systems, and much more
- Master the art of securing a Linux environment with this end-to-end practical guide
This book has extensive coverage of techniques that will help prevent attackers from breaching your system, by building a much more secure Linux environment. You will learn various security techniques such as SSH hardening, network service detection, setting up firewalls, encrypting file systems, protecting user accounts, authentication processes, and so on. Moving forward, you will also develop hands-on skills with advanced Linux permissions, access control, special modes, and more. Lastly, this book will also cover best practices and troubleshooting techniques to get your work done efficiently.
By the end of this book, you will be confident in delivering a system that will be much harder to compromise.
What you will learn
- Use various techniques to prevent intruders from accessing sensitive data
- Prevent intruders from planting malware, and detect whether malware has been planted
- Prevent insiders from accessing data that they aren't authorized to access
- Do quick checks to see whether a computer is running network services that it doesn't need to run
- Learn security techniques that are common to all Linux distros, and some that are distro-specific
Who This Book Is For
If you are a systems administrator or a network engineer interested in making your Linux environment more secure, then this book is for you. Security consultants wanting to enhance their Linux security skills will also benefit from this book. Prior knowledge of Linux is mandatory.
Table of Contents
- Running Linux in a virtual environment
- Securing user accounts
- Securing your server with a Firewall
- Encrypting and SSH Hardening
- Mastering Discretionary Access Control
- Access Control Lists and Shared Directory Management
- Implementing Mandatory Access Control with SELinux and AppArmor
- Scanning, Auditing and Hardening
- Vulnerability Scanning and Intrusion Detection
- Security Tips & Tricks for the Busy Bee
|Linux Administration: A Beginner’s Guide, Seventh Edition
Lowest new price: $21.99
Lowest used price: $15.36
List price: $40.00
Author: Wale Soyinka
Brand: MCGRAW-HILL Professional
Now with a virtual machine showcasing the book's test system configuration, Linux Administration: A Beginner's Guide, Seventh Edition teaches system administrators how to set-up and configure Linux quickly and easily.
Effectively set up and manage any version of Linux on individual servers or entire networks using this practical resource. Fully updated to cover the latest tools and techniques, Linux Administration: A Beginner’s Guide, Seventh Edition features clear explanations, step-by-step instructions, and real-world examples. Find out how to configure hardware and software, work from the GUI or command line, maintain Internet and network services, and secure your data. Performance tuning, virtualization, containers, software management, and backup solutions are covered in detail.
- Install and configure Linux, including the latest distributions from Fedora, Ubuntu, CentOS, openSUSE, Debian, and RHEL
- Manage users, permissions, files, folders, and applications
- Set up and administer system services and daemons
- Manage software from source code or binary packages
- Customize, build, or patch the Linux kernel
- Work with physical and virtual file systems, such as proc, SysFS, and cgroup
- Understand networking protocols, including TCP/IP, ARP, IPv4, and IPv6
- Build reliable firewalls and routers with Netfilter (iptables and nftables) and Linux
- Monitor and test network activity and minimize security threats
- Create and maintain DNS, FTP, web, e-mail, print, LDAP, and VoIP servers
- Share resources using GlusterFS, NFS, and Samba
- Implement popular cloud-based technologies using Linux virtualization and containers using KVM and Docker
|LPIC-2: Linux Professional Institute Certification Study Guide: Exam 201 and Exam 202
Lowest new price: $40.34
Lowest used price: $36.17
List price: $70.00
Author: Christine Bresnahan
Full coverage of the latest LPI-level 2 exams, with bonus online test bank
LPIC-2 is the one-stop preparation resource for the Linux Professional Institute's Advanced Level certification exam. With 100 percent coverage of all exam objectives, this book provides clear and concise coverage of the Linux administration topics you'll need to know for exams 201 and 202. Practical examples highlight the real-world applications of important concepts, and together, the author team provides insights based on almost fifty years in the IT industry. This brand new second edition has been completely revamped to align with the latest versions of the exams, with authoritative coverage of the Linux kernel, system startup, advanced storage, network configuration, system maintenance, web services, security, troubleshooting, and more. You also get access to online learning tools including electronic flashcards, chapter tests, practice exams, and a glossary of critical terms to help you solidify your understanding of upper-level Linux administration topics.
The LPI-level 2 certification confirms your advanced Linux skill set, and the demand for qualified professionals continues to grow. This book gives you the conceptual guidance and hands-on practice you need to pass the exam with flying colors.
- Understand all of the material for both LPIC-2 exams
- Gain insight into real-world applications
- Test your knowledge with chapter tests and practice exams
- Access online study aids for more thorough preparation
Organizations are flocking to the open-source Linux as an excellent, low-cost, secure alternative to expensive operating systems like Microsoft Windows. As the Linux market share continues to climb, organizations are scrambling to find network and server administrators with expert Linux knowledge and highly practical skills. The LPI-level 2 certification makes you the professional they need, and LPIC-2 is your ideal guide to getting there.
|Linux Hardening in Hostile Networks: Server Security from TLS to Tor (Pearson Open Source Software Development Series)
Lowest new price: $30.60
Lowest used price: $26.62
List price: $39.99
Author: Kyle Rankin
Implement Industrial-Strength Security on Any Linux Server
In an age of mass surveillance, when advanced cyberwarfare weapons rapidly migrate into every hacker’s toolkit, you can’t rely on outdated security methods–especially if you’re responsible for Internet-facing services. In Linux® Hardening in Hostile Networks, Kyle Rankin helps you to implement modern safeguards that provide maximum impact with minimum effort and to strip away old techniques that are no longer worth your time.
Rankin provides clear, concise guidance on modern workstation, server, and network hardening, and explains how to harden specific services, such as web servers, email, DNS, and databases. Along the way, he demystifies technologies once viewed as too complex or mysterious but now essential to mainstream Linux security. He also includes a full chapter on effective incident response that both DevOps and SecOps can use to write their own incident response plan.
Each chapter begins with techniques any sysadmin can use quickly to protect against entry-level hackers and presents intermediate and advanced techniques to safeguard against sophisticated and knowledgeable attackers, perhaps even state actors. Throughout, you learn what each technique does, how it works, what it does and doesn’t protect against, and whether it would be useful in your environment.
- Apply core security techniques including 2FA and strong passwords
- Protect admin workstations via lock screens, disk encryption, BIOS passwords, and other methods
- Use the security-focused Tails distribution as a quick path to a hardened workstation
- Compartmentalize workstation tasks into VMs with varying levels of trust
- Harden servers with SSH, use apparmor and sudo to limit the damage attackers can do, and set up remote syslog servers to track their actions
- Establish secure VPNs with OpenVPN, and leverage SSH to tunnel traffic when VPNs can’t be used
- Configure a software load balancer to terminate SSL/TLS connections and initiate new ones downstream
- Set up standalone Tor services and hidden Tor services and relays
- Secure Apache and Nginx web servers, and take full advantage of HTTPS
- Perform advanced web server hardening with HTTPS forward secrecy and ModSecurity web application firewalls
- Strengthen email security with SMTP relay authentication, SMTPS, SPF records, DKIM, and DMARC
- Harden DNS servers, deter their use in DDoS attacks, and fully implement DNSSEC
- Systematically protect databases via network access control, TLS traffic encryption, and encrypted data storage
- Respond to a compromised server, collect evidence, and prevent future attacks
Register your product at informit.com/register for convenient access to downloads, updates, and corrections as they become available.
|Mastering CentOS 7 Linux Server
Lowest new price: $37.18
Lowest used price: $26.47
List price: $49.99
Author: Mohamed Alibi
Configure, manage, and secure a CentOS 7 Linux server to serve a variety of services provided in a sustainable computer's infrastructure.
About This Book
- Learn how to efficiently set up and manage a Linux server using one of the best suited technologies for this purpose, CentOS 7
- Personalize your Linux server and familiarize yourself with the latest tools and utilities setup provided by the new CentOS distribution
- Follow a step-by-step tutorial through the configuration of the requested services with the capacity to personalize them as per your needs
Who This Book Is For
If you are a Linux system administrator with an intermediate administration level, this is your opportunity to master the brand new distribution of CentOS. If you wish to possess a fully sustainable Linux server, with all its new tools and tweaks, that serves a variety of services to your users and customers, this book is ideal for you. It is your ticket to easily adapt to all the changes made in the latest shift.
What You Will Learn
- Manage CentOS 7 users, groups, and root access privileges
- Enhance the server's security through its firewall and prevent the most common attacks from penetrating or disabling the server
- Explore and implement the common, useful services that a CentOS 7 server can provide
- Monitor your server infrastructure for system or hardware issues
- Create and configure a virtual machine using virtualization technologies
- Implement a cloud computing solution on a single node system
- Get an introduction to the configuration management tools and their usage
- Discover the importance of the tools that provide remote connection, server service security, and system and process monitoring tools
Most server infrastructures are equipped with at least one Linux server that provides many essential services, both for a user's demands and for the infrastructure itself. Setting up a sustainable Linux server is one of the most demanding tasks for a system administrator to perform. However, learning multiple, new technologies to meet all of their needs is time-consuming. CentOS 7 is the brand new version of the CentOS Linux system under the RPM (Red Hat) family. It is one of the most widely-used operating systems, being the choice of many organizations across the world.
With the help of this book, you will explore the best practices and administration tools of CentOS 7 Linux server along with implementing some of the most common Linux services. We start by explaining the initial steps you need to carry out after installing CentOS 7 by briefly explaining the concepts related to users, groups, and right management, along with some basic system security measures. Next, you will be introduced to the most commonly used services and shown in detail how to implement and deploy them so they can be used by internal or external users. Soon enough, you will be shown how to monitor the server. We will then move on to master the virtualization and cloud computing techniques. Finally, the book wraps up by explaining configuration management and some security tweaks.
All these topics and more are covered in this comprehensive guide, which briefly demonstrates the latest changes to all of the services and tools with the recent shift from CentOS 6 to CentOS 7.
Style and approach
This is a detailed and in-depth guide to help you administrate CentOS 7 for the usage of your server's infrastructure and also for personal network security. Each section shows a list of tools and utilities that are useful to perform the required task, in an easy to understand manner.
|Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server Cookbook
Lowest new price: $37.05
Lowest used price: $24.80
List price: $49.99
Author: William Leemans
- Create fully unattended installations and deploy configurations without breaking a sweat
- Discover and kick-start the newest RHEL 7 configuration and management tools through an easy-to-follow, practical approach for a lazy system management
- Be guided by an experienced RHEL expert who is a certified Linux engineer with a passion for open source and open standards
Dominating the server market, the Red Hat Enterprise Linux operating system gives you the support you need to modernize your infrastructure and boost your organization's efficiency. Combining both stability and flexibility, RHEL helps you meet the challenges of today and adapt to the demands of tomorrow.
This practical Cookbook guide will help you get to grips with RHEL 7 Server and automating its installation. Designed to provide targeted assistance through hands-on recipe guidance, it will introduce you to everything you need to know about KVM guests and deploying multiple standardized RHEL systems effortlessly. Get practical reference advice that will make complex networks setups look like child's play, and dive into in-depth coverage of configuring a RHEL system. Also including full recipe coverage of how to set up, configuring, and troubleshoot SELinux, you'll also discover how secure your operating system, as well as how to monitor it.
What you will learn
- Set up and configure RHEL 7 Server
- Use NetworkManager to configure all aspects of your network
- Manage virtual environments using libvirt
- Set up software repositories
- Secure and monitor your RHEL environment
- Configure SELinux, and create and apply its policies
- Create kickstart scripts to automatically deploy RHEL 7 systems
- Use Orchestration and configuration management tools to manage your environment
About the Author
William Leemans has over 20 years of experience in the IT industry in various positions and supporting several environments.
In 2005, he started his own consulting company, Critter BVBA, in the hope of offering open source solutions to his customers, who are mainly enterprises.
In 2010, William started supporting Red Hat products full time with the Federal Police, Belgium. Since then, he has moved on to support Red Hat products at Proximus and now Euroclear.
William is a strong open source supporter and contributes where he can. He has a couple of projects running at GitHub (https://github.com/bushvin). During the course of writing this book, William recertified himself as a Red Hat Certified Engineer, hoping to one day become a Red Hat Certified Architect.
When he's not tapping away at the keyboard of his laptop, William likes to play around with his two young children, listen to rock music (Foo Fighters, AC/DC, and Queens of the Stone Age are some of his favorites), and devising complicated and intricate plots for the stories that he runs at his biweekly roleplaying sessions with his friends.
Table of Contents
- Working with KVM Guests
- Deploying RHEL "En Masse"
- Configuring Your Network
- Configuring Your New System
- Using SELinux
- Orchestrating with Ansible
- Puppet Configuration Management
- Yum and Repositories
- Securing RHEL 7
- Monitoring and Performance Tuning
|Linux Network Administrator's Guide: Infrastructure, Services, and Security
Lowest new price: $18.14
Lowest used price: $3.16
List price: $34.95
Author: Tony Bautts
The Linux Network Administrator's Guide, Third Edition dispenses all the practical advice you need to join a network. Along with some hardware considerations, this highly acclaimed guide takes an in-depth look at all of the essential networking software that comes with the operating system--including basic infrastructure (TCP/IP, wireless networking, firewalling) and the most popular services on Linux systems.But as the follow-up to a classic, the third edition of the Linux Network Administrator's Guide does more than just spruce up the basics. It also provides the very latest information on the following cutting-edge services:
- Wireless hubs
- Spam filtering
Featuring a litany of insider tips and techniques, the Linux Network Administrator's Guide
, Third Edition is an invaluable companion for any network administrator interested in integrating Linux into their Windows environmentAuthored by Terry Dawson, Tony Bautts, and Gregor N. Purdy, the Linux Network Administrator's Guide
, Third Edition emerged from the Linux Documentation Project (LDP). The LDP's goal is to centralize all of the issues of Linux documentation, ranging from online documentation topics such as installing, using, and running Linux.
Page 1 of 50
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED AS IS AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.