|Browse by Catagory:
Civil Rights & Liberties
War & Peace
Cajun & Creole Cooking
Caribbean & West Indian Cooking
Diabetic & Sugar-Free Cooking
Low Fat Cooking
Middle Eastern Cooking
Pacific Rim Cooking
Home & Garden
Literature & Fiction
Sheet Music & Scores
Environmental & Natural Resources Law
Ethics & Professional Responsibility
Procedures & Litigation
Water Supply & Land Use
Lawyer and Crimal Humor
Outdoors & Nature
Hiking & Camping
Hunting & Fishing
Beer & Beer Making
Health & Fitness
Diets & Weight Loss
Children's Science & Nature
Vitamins & Supplements
Psychology and Counseling
Philosophy of Psychology
Physiological Aspects of Psychology
Psychology of Sexuality
Psychology Testing & Measurement
Chaos & Systems
Geometry & Topology
Logic & Brain Teasers
Chaos & Systems
Geometry & Topology
Probability & Statistics
Experiments, Instruments & Measurement
Chaos & Systems
Fusion & Fission
Nuclear Magnetic Resonance
Waves & Wave Mechanics
Administration & Policy
Allied Health Professions
Medical Education & Training
Endocrinology & Metabolism
Physician & Patient
Insects & Spiders
Fish & Aquariums
Mobile & Wireless Computing: Programming
Linux Kernel & Peripherals
Linux Networking & Administration
State & Local History
Sci Fi Calendars
Bujold, Lois McMaster
Card, Orson Scott
Chalker, Jack L.
Heinlein, Robert A.
McKillip, Patricia A.
Nye, Jody Lynn
|How To Setup A Linux Web Server
Lowest new price: $24.83
Lowest used price: $23.34
List price: $24.99
Author: Michael Wright
Brand: Wright Michael
This book shows you how to build your own Linux Web server with Ubuntu Linux and host your own website at home for free without having to pay a web hosting company like GoDaddy or Web.com. Whether you are ten years old or 80, even if you have never worked with Linux before and you are not that good with computers, you can setup a Linux Web Server by following the simple, easy-to-follow steps in this book. Setup an Ubuntu Linux Server from scratch. Create your own domain name. Make a simple web page. Get your server to be seen by the Internet. Use FTP to edit your web pages. Process HTML form submissions. Program a MySQL database to store a guest book. Use PHP to integrate your web page with MySQL. Add a visitor counter to your web page. Setup Free Dynamic DNS Forwarding Backup your MySQL Databases Use Linux, MySQL and PHP security features. Accept payment with PayPal buttons.
- How to Setup a Linux Web Server
|Linux Hardening in Hostile Networks: Server Security from TLS to Tor (Pearson Open Source Software Development Series)
Lowest new price: $28.64
Lowest used price: $27.28
List price: $39.99
Author: Kyle Rankin
Brand: Rankin Kyle
Implement Industrial-Strength Security on Any Linux Server
In an age of mass surveillance, when advanced cyberwarfare weapons rapidly migrate into every hacker’s toolkit, you can’t rely on outdated security methods–especially if you’re responsible for Internet-facing services. In Linux® Hardening in Hostile Networks, Kyle Rankin helps you to implement modern safeguards that provide maximum impact with minimum effort and to strip away old techniques that are no longer worth your time.
Rankin provides clear, concise guidance on modern workstation, server, and network hardening, and explains how to harden specific services, such as web servers, email, DNS, and databases. Along the way, he demystifies technologies once viewed as too complex or mysterious but now essential to mainstream Linux security. He also includes a full chapter on effective incident response that both DevOps and SecOps can use to write their own incident response plan.
Each chapter begins with techniques any sysadmin can use quickly to protect against entry-level hackers and presents intermediate and advanced techniques to safeguard against sophisticated and knowledgeable attackers, perhaps even state actors. Throughout, you learn what each technique does, how it works, what it does and doesn’t protect against, and whether it would be useful in your environment.
- Apply core security techniques including 2FA and strong passwords
- Protect admin workstations via lock screens, disk encryption, BIOS passwords, and other methods
- Use the security-focused Tails distribution as a quick path to a hardened workstation
- Compartmentalize workstation tasks into VMs with varying levels of trust
- Harden servers with SSH, use apparmor and sudo to limit the damage attackers can do, and set up remote syslog servers to track their actions
- Establish secure VPNs with OpenVPN, and leverage SSH to tunnel traffic when VPNs can’t be used
- Configure a software load balancer to terminate SSL/TLS connections and initiate new ones downstream
- Set up standalone Tor services and hidden Tor services and relays
- Secure Apache and Nginx web servers, and take full advantage of HTTPS
- Perform advanced web server hardening with HTTPS forward secrecy and ModSecurity web application firewalls
- Strengthen email security with SMTP relay authentication, SMTPS, SPF records, DKIM, and DMARC
- Harden DNS servers, deter their use in DDoS attacks, and fully implement DNSSEC
- Systematically protect databases via network access control, TLS traffic encryption, and encrypted data storage
- Respond to a compromised server, collect evidence, and prevent future attacks
Register your product at informit.com/register for convenient access to downloads, updates, and corrections as they become available.
- Linux Hardening in Hostile Networks Server Security from Tls to Tor
|SUSE Linux Enterprise Server Administration (Course 3112): CLA, LPIC - 1 & Linux+
Lowest new price: $95.14
Lowest used price: $50.00
List price: $209.95
SUSE LINUX ENTERPRISE SERVER ADMINISTRATION, SECOND EDITION is geared towards readers who are interested in administering, using, or developing programs for the Linux operating system. Readers are introduced to SUSE Linux Enterprise Server (SLES) 11 operating system and learn to administer Linux in a network administration environment. Hands-on labs and numerous practical examples will guide learners in the management of users, groups, software, hardware, file systems, and the X Windows System using various commands as well as the graphical YaST utility. Review Questions and Discovery Exercises at the end of each chapter help users prepare for three Linux certificatin exams: Novell Certified Linux Administrator, Linux Professional Institute LPIC-1, and CompTIA Linux+ (Powered by LPI).
|1: The Accidental Administrator: Linux Server Step-by-Step Configuration Guide
Lowest new price: $34.80
Lowest used price: $23.33
List price: $40.00
Author: Don R Crawley
Brand: Brand: CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform
Newly expanded and updated on June 17, 2014 with a major revision to RHEL/CentOS version 6.5
Get the Kindle edition for free when you purchase the paperback edition.
The Accidental Administrator: Linux Server Step-by-Step Configuration Guide is packed with 54 hands-on, step-by-step exercises and 185 graphics including screen captures showing you exactly what you should be seeing on your own screen. It's the most straight-forward, visual approach to learning how to configure a Red Hat/CentOS Linux server, filled with practical tips and secrets learned from years of teaching, consulting, and administering Linux servers.
There's no time wasted on boring theory. The essentials are covered in chapters on installing, administering, user management, file systems and directory management, networking, package management, automated task scheduling, network services including DHCP and DNS, Samba, NFS, mail servers, Web and FTP servers, SSH, security, firewalls, NAT, performance monitoring, management tools, and more.
Inside this concise, step-by-step Linux server configuration guide, you'll find:
With 54 hands-on exercises using virtualization (VMWare is used in the book, but other virtualization environments will work equally as well), this book is perfect for both individuals working by themselves or for groups such as classes and users groups.
- Where to find and legally download the free server software
- How to build and configure an Apache Web server, including virtual hosts
- How to configure file and printer sharing for Windows clients with Samba
- How to understand Linux file and directory permissions
All the information is presented in a straightforward, yet casual style that you can understand and use right away. This practical book makes it possible for you to build a working Linux server in a matter of minutes. Of course, some of the more advanced configs may take a little longer, but even so, you'll be able to "get it done" in a minimal amount of time.
- Used Book in Good Condition
|Mastering CentOS 7 Linux Server
Lowest new price: $49.98
Lowest used price: $49.98
List price: $49.99
Author: Mohamed Alibi
Brand: Alibi Mohamed
Configure, manage, and secure a CentOS 7 Linux server to serve a variety of services provided in a sustainable computer's infrastructure.
About This Book
- Learn how to efficiently set up and manage a Linux server using one of the best suited technologies for this purpose, CentOS 7
- Personalize your Linux server and familiarize yourself with the latest tools and utilities setup provided by the new CentOS distribution
- Follow a step-by-step tutorial through the configuration of the requested services with the capacity to personalize them as per your needs
Who This Book Is For
If you are a Linux system administrator with an intermediate administration level, this is your opportunity to master the brand new distribution of CentOS. If you wish to possess a fully sustainable Linux server, with all its new tools and tweaks, that serves a variety of services to your users and customers, this book is ideal for you. It is your ticket to easily adapt to all the changes made in the latest shift.
What You Will Learn
- Manage CentOS 7 users, groups, and root access privileges
- Enhance the server's security through its firewall and prevent the most common attacks from penetrating or disabling the server
- Explore and implement the common, useful services that a CentOS 7 server can provide
- Monitor your server infrastructure for system or hardware issues
- Create and configure a virtual machine using virtualization technologies
- Implement a cloud computing solution on a single node system
- Get an introduction to the configuration management tools and their usage
- Discover the importance of the tools that provide remote connection, server service security, and system and process monitoring tools
Most server infrastructures are equipped with at least one Linux server that provides many essential services, both for a user's demands and for the infrastructure itself. Setting up a sustainable Linux server is one of the most demanding tasks for a system administrator to perform. However, learning multiple, new technologies to meet all of their needs is time-consuming. CentOS 7 is the brand new version of the CentOS Linux system under the RPM (Red Hat) family. It is one of the most widely-used operating systems, being the choice of many organizations across the world.
With the help of this book, you will explore the best practices and administration tools of CentOS 7 Linux server along with implementing some of the most common Linux services. We start by explaining the initial steps you need to carry out after installing CentOS 7 by briefly explaining the concepts related to users, groups, and right management, along with some basic system security measures. Next, you will be introduced to the most commonly used services and shown in detail how to implement and deploy them so they can be used by internal or external users. Soon enough, you will be shown how to monitor the server. We will then move on to master the virtualization and cloud computing techniques. Finally, the book wraps up by explaining configuration management and some security tweaks.
All these topics and more are covered in this comprehensive guide, which briefly demonstrates the latest changes to all of the services and tools with the recent shift from CentOS 6 to CentOS 7.
Style and approach
This is a detailed and in-depth guide to help you administrate CentOS 7 for the usage of your server's infrastructure and also for personal network security. Each section shows a list of tools and utilities that are useful to perform the required task, in an easy to understand manner.
- Mastering Centos 7 Linux Server
|CentOS 7 Linux Server Cookbook - Second Edition
Lowest new price: $49.69
Lowest used price: $33.70
List price: $49.99
Author: Oliver Pelz
Brand: Pelz Oliver
Over 80 recipes to get up and running with CentOS 7 Linux server
About This Book
- A practical guide to install, configure, administer and maintain CentOS 7 servers
- An in-depth guide to the CentOS 7 operating system, exploring its various new features and changes in server administration
- Presents tricks and solutions to tackle common server issues with the help of practical examples and real-life scenarios
Who This Book Is For
This book is targeted at beginner and more experienced system administrators alike who want to use CentOS as their server solution. Readers do not need much pre-knowledge or experience at all to work with this book.
What You Will Learn
- Install and configure CentOS 7 Linux server system from scratch using normal and advanced methods
- Maintain a performance-based and secure server solution by deploying expert configuration advice and managing software packages
- Monitor, manage and develop your server's file system to maintain a stable performance
- Gain best practice methods on sharing files and resources through a network
- Install and configure common standard services such as web, mail, FTP, database and domain name server technologies
- Introduce you to the world of operating-system-level virtualization using the Docker platform.
- Understand the fundamentals of the Security-Enhanced Linux access control architecture
- Monitor your IT infrastructure using Nagios
This book will provide you with a comprehensive series of starting points that will give you direct access to the inner workings of the latest CentOS version 7 and help you trim the learning curve to master your server.
You will begin with the installation and basic configuration of CentOS 7, followed by learning how to manage your system, services and software packages. You will then gain an understanding of how to administer the file system, secure access to your server and configure various resource sharing services such as file, printer and DHCP servers across your network. Further on, we cover advanced topics such as FTP services, building your own DNS server, running database servers, and providing mail and web services. Finally, you will get a deep understanding of SELinux and you will learn how to work with Docker operating-system virtualization and how to monitor your IT infrastructure with Nagios.
By the end of this book, you will have a fair understanding of all the aspects of configuring, implementing and administering CentOS 7 Linux server and how to put it in control.
Style and approach
This book is a practical reference guide with hands-on examples and solutions to real-world administration problems. It covers in-depth and comprehensive information on CentOS 7 and its new features.
- Centos 7 Linux Server Cookbook Second Edition
|Linux Server Security: Hack and Defend
Lowest new price: $37.50
Lowest used price: $32.99
List price: $50.00
Author: Chris Binnie
Brand: Chris Binnie
Learn how to attack and defend the world’s most popular web server platform
Linux Server Security: Hack and Defend presents a detailed guide for experienced admins, aspiring hackers and other IT professionals seeking a more advanced understanding of Linux security. Written by a 20-year veteran of Linux server deployment this book provides the insight of experience along with highly practical instruction.
The topics range from the theory of past, current, and future attacks, to the mitigation of a variety of online attacks, all the way to empowering you to perform numerous malicious attacks yourself (in the hope that you will learn how to defend against them). By increasing your understanding of a hacker’s tools and mindset you're less likely to be confronted by the all-too-common reality faced by many admins these days: someone else has control of your systems.
- Master hacking tools and launch sophisticated attacks: perform SQL injections, deploy multiple server exploits and crack complex passwords.
- Defend systems and networks: make your servers invisible, be confident of your security with penetration testing and repel unwelcome attackers.
- Increase your background knowledge of attacks on systems and networks and improve all-important practical skills required to secure any Linux server.
The techniques presented apply to almost all Linux distributions including the many Debian and Red Hat derivatives and some other Unix-type systems. Further your career with this intriguing, deeply insightful, must-have technical book. Diverse, broadly-applicable and hands-on practical, Linux Server Security: Hack and Defend is an essential resource which will sit proudly on any techie's bookshelf.
- Linux Server Security Hack and Defend
|3: Internetworking with TCP/IP, Vol. III: Client-Server Programming and Applications, Linux/Posix Sockets Version
Lowest new price: $45.18
Lowest used price: $29.74
List price: $90.00
Author: Douglas E. Comer
Internetworking with TCP/IP, Volume III describes the fundamental concepts of client-server computing used to build all distributed computing systems, and presents an in-depth guide to the Posix sockets standard utilized by Linux and other operating systems. Dr. Douglas E. Comer compares leading server designs, and describes the key tools and techniques used to build clients and servers, including Remote Procedure Call (RPC). The book contains examples of running programs that illustrate each approach. Comer introduces the client-server model and its software design implications; the role of concurrent processing and threads; the Socket API, and differences that impact Linux programmers. Understand the key algorithms and issues associated with client and server software design; then review three leading approaches: iterative, connectionless servers (UPD); and both iterative and concurrent connection-oriented servers (TCP). The book contains extensive coverage of threading, including a new chapter on using threads for concurrency; as well as coverage of single-threaded and multi-threaded concurrent servers. Comer introduces multi-protocol and multi-service services; reviews client concurrency; tunneling at the transport and application levels; and external data representation (XDR). He reviews RPC, distributed program generation, NFS concepts and protocol; Telnet; streaming media transport; and finally, techniques for avoiding deadlock and starvation in client-server systems. For everyone who wants to master TCP/IP and understand how the Internet works.
|DevOps Troubleshooting: Linux Server Best Practices
Lowest new price: $30.79
Lowest used price: $21.16
List price: $39.99
Author: Kyle Rankin
“If you’re a developer trying to figure out why your application is not responding at 3 am, you need this book! This is now my go-to book when diagnosing production issues. It has saved me hours in troubleshooting complicated operations problems.”
–Trotter Cashion, cofounder, Mashion
DevOps can help developers, QAs, and admins work together to solve Linux server problems far more rapidly, significantly improving IT performance, availability, and efficiency. To gain these benefits, however, team members need common troubleshooting skills and practices.
In DevOps Troubleshooting: Linux Server Best Practices , award-winning Linux expert Kyle Rankin brings together all the standardized, repeatable techniques your team needs to stop finger-pointing, collaborate effectively, and quickly solve virtually any Linux server problem. Rankin walks you through using DevOps techniques to troubleshoot everything from boot failures and corrupt disks to lost email and downed websites. You’ll master indispensable skills for diagnosing high-load systems and network problems in production environments.
Rankin shows how to
- Master DevOps’ approach to troubleshooting and proven Linux server problem-solving principles
- Diagnose slow servers and applications by identifying CPU, RAM, and Disk I/O bottlenecks
- Understand healthy boots, so you can identify failure points and fix them
- Solve full or corrupt disk issues that prevent disk writes
- Track down the sources of network problems
- Troubleshoot DNS, email, and other network services
- Isolate and diagnose Apache and Nginx Web server failures and slowdowns
- Solve problems with MySQL and Postgres database servers and queries
- Identify hardware failures–even notoriously elusive intermittent failures
|Linux Network Administrator's Guide: Infrastructure, Services, and Security
Lowest new price: $17.75
Lowest used price: $2.35
List price: $34.95
Author: Tony Bautts
Brand: Tony Bautts
The Linux Network Administrator's Guide, Third Edition dispenses all the practical advice you need to join a network. Along with some hardware considerations, this highly acclaimed guide takes an in-depth look at all of the essential networking software that comes with the operating system--including basic infrastructure (TCP/IP, wireless networking, firewalling) and the most popular services on Linux systems.But as the follow-up to a classic, the third edition of the Linux Network Administrator's Guide does more than just spruce up the basics. It also provides the very latest information on the following cutting-edge services:
- Wireless hubs
- Spam filtering
Featuring a litany of insider tips and techniques, the Linux Network Administrator's Guide
, Third Edition is an invaluable companion for any network administrator interested in integrating Linux into their Windows environmentAuthored by Terry Dawson, Tony Bautts, and Gregor N. Purdy, the Linux Network Administrator's Guide
, Third Edition emerged from the Linux Documentation Project (LDP). The LDP's goal is to centralize all of the issues of Linux documentation, ranging from online documentation topics such as installing, using, and running Linux.
- Linux Network Administrator s Guide Infrastructure Services and Security
Page 1 of 48
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED AS IS AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.