|Browse by Catagory:
Civil Rights & Liberties
War & Peace
Cajun & Creole Cooking
Caribbean & West Indian Cooking
Diabetic & Sugar-Free Cooking
Low Fat Cooking
Middle Eastern Cooking
Pacific Rim Cooking
Home & Garden
Literature & Fiction
Sheet Music & Scores
Environmental & Natural Resources Law
Ethics & Professional Responsibility
Procedures & Litigation
Water Supply & Land Use
Lawyer and Crimal Humor
Outdoors & Nature
Hiking & Camping
Hunting & Fishing
Beer & Beer Making
Health & Fitness
Diets & Weight Loss
Children's Science & Nature
Vitamins & Supplements
Psychology and Counseling
Philosophy of Psychology
Physiological Aspects of Psychology
Psychology of Sexuality
Psychology Testing & Measurement
Chaos & Systems
Geometry & Topology
Logic & Brain Teasers
Chaos & Systems
Geometry & Topology
Probability & Statistics
Experiments, Instruments & Measurement
Chaos & Systems
Fusion & Fission
Nuclear Magnetic Resonance
Waves & Wave Mechanics
Administration & Policy
Allied Health Professions
Medical Education & Training
Endocrinology & Metabolism
Physician & Patient
Insects & Spiders
Fish & Aquariums
Mobile & Wireless Computing: Programming
Linux Kernel & Peripherals
Linux Networking & Administration
State & Local History
Sci Fi Calendars
Bujold, Lois McMaster
Card, Orson Scott
Chalker, Jack L.
Heinlein, Robert A.
McKillip, Patricia A.
Nye, Jody Lynn
Large Print Books
|Modernist Cuisine at Home
Lowest new price: $109.96
Lowest used price: $90.00
List price: $140.00
Author: Nathan Myhrvold
What can you make for dinner?
Modernist Cuisine is an interdisciplinary team in Bellevue, Washington, founded and led by Nathan Myhrvold. The group includes scientists, research and development chefs, and a full editorial team all dedicated to advancing the state of culinary art through the creative application of scientific knowledge and experimental techniques.
Change the way you think about food: Modernist Cuisine at Home opens up a new world of culinary possibility and innovation for passionate and curious home cooks. In this vibrantly illustrated 456-page volume you'll learn how to stock a modern kitchen, to master Modernist techniques, and to make hundreds of stunning new recipes, including pressure-cooked caramelized carrot soup, silky smooth mac and cheese, and sous vide, braised short ribs. You'll also learn about the science behind your favorite dishes, what's really happening when you roast a chicken, and why pressure cookers are perfect for making soup.
|Catholic Book of Prayers: Popular Catholic Prayers Arranged for Everyday Use
Lowest new price: $7.16
Lowest used price: $3.59
List price: $8.75
Brand: Catholic Book Publishing Corp
Today's most popular general prayerbook, The Catholic Book of Prayers contains many favorite prayers for everyday, to the Blessed Trinity, to Mary and the Saints, and a summary of our Faith. Written in Giant Type. Flexible binding.
Lowest new price: $3.95
Lowest used price: $2.43
List price: $7.99
Author: Billy Graham
Brand: Thomas Nelson
Yes, angels are real. They are not the product of your imagination.
“If we had open spiritual eyes we would see not only a world filled with evil spirits and powers―but also powerful angels with drawn swords, set for our defense.”
Dr. Graham lifts the veil between the visible and the invisible world to give us an eye-opening account of these behind-the-scenes agents. This best-selling classic records the experiences of Dr. Graham and others who are convinced that at moments of special need they have been attended by angels. With keen insight and conviction, Dr. Graham affirms that:
- God's invisible hosts are better organized than any of the armies of man―or Satan.
- Angels "think, feel, will, and display emotions."
- Angels guide, comfort, and provide for people in the midst of suffering and persecution.
- At death, the faithful will be ushered by angels into the presence of God.
|KJV, Value Thinline Bible, Large Print, Leathersoft, Purple, Red Letter Edition, Comfort Print
Lowest new price: $11.50
Lowest used price: $11.43
List price: $19.99
Author: Thomas Nelson
Brand: HarperCollins Christian Pub.
The Thomas Nelson KJV Value Thinline Large Print Bible—featuring the timeless beauty of the trustworthy King James translation in a large, readable font size—strikes the perfect balance between portability and readability. Wherever you’re going, the KJV Value Thinline Large Print Bible is built to travel with you. This easy-to-carry Bible comes with features that will enhance your reading experience, including beautifully-designed covers, an all-new typesetting in the elegant and readable Thomas Nelson KJV font, a ribbon marker, and the words of Christ in red.
Invite your eyes to linger and engage God’s Word with new, easy-to-read Comfort Print® KJV Bibles from Thomas Nelson. Blending modern technology with old-world craftsmanship, Comfort Print® KJV Bibles are designed with exclusive fonts, reflecting the beautiful and timeless character of the King James translation, to enhance your scripture reading experience.
- Exclusive KJV Comfort Print®
- Words of Christ in red
- Full color maps
- Ribbon marker
- Easy-to-read, 11.5-point type
- Majestic Bible Tabs Lavender
- Purple Botanic Butterfly Blessings "Blessed" Bible / Book Cover - Jeremiah 17:7 (Large)
- Purple Floral Bible / Book Cover - Philippians 4:13 (Large)
- Floral Embossed Bible / Book Cover - Jeremiah 29:11 (Medium, Purple)
- KJV, Deluxe Gift Bible, Leathersoft, Blue, Red Letter Edition, Comfort Print
- Purple Butterflies Bible / Book Cover - 2 Corinthians 5:17 (Large)
- KJV, Value Thinline Bible, Compact, Leathersoft, Blue, Red Letter Edition, Comfort Print
- Purple Jeremiah 29:11 Faux Leather Pagemarker / Bookmark
- KJV Deluxe Gift & Award Bible (Gray) (King James Bible)
- KJV Deluxe Gift & Award Bible (DiCarta Pink) (King James Bible)
|NKJV Large Print Personal Size Reference Bible, Brown LeatherTouch
Lowest new price: $13.97
Lowest used price: $12.35
List price: $19.99
Brand: B & H Publishing Group
The Large Print Personal Size Reference Bible features large, easy-to-read 12-point type in a convenient, easy-to-carry personal trim size that is perfect for devotional reading, personal study, or to carry and use at church. This edition is made with premium materials and bindings and packaged in a clam-shell gift box that is perfect for gift-giving.
Features include: Deluxe cover materials, Smythe-sewn binding, High-quality Bible paper and end sheets, Clam-shell gift box, Two ribbon markers, Presentation and Family Records section, Two-column text, End-of-paragraph cross references, Topical subheadings, Words of Christ in red, 12-point type, Topical Concordance, Full-color maps, and more.
- NKJV Large Print Personal Size Reference Bible, Purple LeatherTouch
- NKJV Large Print Personal Size Reference Bible, Slate Blue LeatherTouch
- NKJV Large Print Personal Size Reference Bible, Charcoal LeatherTouch Indexed
- NKJV, Reference Bible, Compact, Large Print, Leathersoft, Brown, Red Letter Edition (Essential)
- NKJV Large Print Personal Size Reference Bible, Pink LeatherTouch Indexed
- NKJV, End-of-Verse Reference Bible, Giant Print, Personal Size, Leathersoft, Purple, Red Letter Edition (Essential)
- NKJV Large Print Personal Size Reference Bible, Teal LeatherTouch
- NKJV, Super Giant Print Reference Bible, Giant Print, Leathersoft, Brown, Red Letter Edition
- NKJV Complete Audio Bible Martin on CD-Complete New King James Version Audio Holy Bible on 60 CDs-The Word of God-Audio ... and New Testament Home School
- Majestic Traditional Gold Bible Tabs, Mini (Majestic Bible Tabs (Mini))
|The CalorieKing Calorie, Fat & Carbohydrate Counter 2018 Larger Print edition
Lowest new price: $8.62
Lowest used price: $9.13
List price: $12.99
Author: Allan Borushek
The CalorieKing Calorie, Fat & Carbohydrate Counter 2018--a simple, safe, practical and effective guide to a healthy and lasting weight loss. (Allan Borushek)
The larger print edition has the same features and is growing in popularity because of the easier-to-read larger print.
• Consistently receives highest reader rating in category – Amazon.com
• Top 100 Best-Selling Diet Books
• Most recommended calorie, fat & carb counter by diabetes educators, dietitians and health education clinics
• Most up-to-date food data listings, surpassing all other books and apps for accuracy
• As featured in HBO's 'Weight of The Nation'
• Preferred calorie counter of past Biggest Loser Coaches
• Category Winner ~ National Health Information Awards
• Ranked #1, receiving highest reader rating for books in similar category by Amazon.com readers
• Outsells all other food counters 5 to 1 in major bookstores and Amazon.com
• Updated editions have outsold every book in category in all markets for more than 13 years. First edition was published in 1984.
Whether you want to lose weight, keep track of carbohydrates to help manage your diabetes, reduce other diet-related health risks, or just want to make healthier eating choices, the CalorieKing Calorie, Fat and Carbohydrate 2018 is your best choice. It is a national best-seller, and favorite among both consumers and health care professionals.
Start making healthier choices today with the CalorieKing convenient and reliable guide.
Take it everywhere; look up foods before you eat, when eating choices count the most!
The CalorieKing Counter makes it easy to know which foods to avoid. Better yet, provides options to help you make healthier choices to accomplish your weight and health goals.
This edition has more up-to-date fast food and restaurant chain listings than any similar book with more than 200 fast food and restaurant chains, plus unique listings for food courts, theaters, carnivals and much more. The color-coded listings make it easy to compare foods at a glance and discover hidden
• Easier-to-read larger print
• A "book-within-a-book": Menu items from 200 fast food chains and restaurants - the most comprehensive available, plus a unique Eating Out section that includes international, carnival, fair, stadium, and movie-theater foods.
• 17,000 food listings, both brand name and generic - researched meticulously and regularly updated by the CalorieKing team of dietitians and food researchers.
• Useful guides and bonus counters for: Alcohol, caffeine, fat & cholesterol, fiber, protein, iron, and sodium.
• Several informative reference sections on weight management, plus a section on diabetes co-authored with the world-renowned Joslin Diabetes Center.
• Color-coded nutrient listings to make it quick and easy to find your favorite foods.
|Educated: A Memoir (Random House Large Print)
Lowest new price: $18.00
Lowest used price: $19.86
List price: $30.00
Author: Tara Westover
#1 NEW YORK TIMES BESTSELLER • An unforgettable memoir about a young girl who, kept out of school, leaves her survivalist family and goes on to earn a PhD from Cambridge University
“A coming-of-age memoir reminiscent of The Glass Castle.”—O: The Oprah Magazine
“Tara Westover is living proof that some people are flat-out, boots-always-laced-up indomitable.”—USA Today
“The extremity of Westover’s upbringing emerges gradually through her telling, which only makes the telling more alluring and harrowing.”—The New York Times Book Review
“Westover brings readers deep into this world, a milieu usually hidden from outsiders.”—The Economist
Tara Westover was seventeen the first time she set foot in a classroom. Born to survivalists in the mountains of Idaho, she prepared for the end of the world by stockpiling home-canned peaches and sleeping with her “head-for-the-hills” bag. In the summer she stewed herbs for her mother, a midwife and healer, and in the winter she salvaged metal in her father’s junkyard.
Her father distrusted the medical establishment, so Tara never saw a doctor or nurse. Gashes and concussions, even burns from explosions, were all treated at home with herbalism. The family was so isolated from mainstream society that there was no one to ensure the children received an education, and no one to intervene when an older brother became violent.
When another brother got himself into college and came back with news of the world beyond the mountain, Tara decided to try a new kind of life. She taught herself enough mathematics, grammar, and science to take the ACT and was admitted to Brigham Young University. There, she studied psychology, politics, philosophy, and history, learning for the first time about pivotal world events like the Holocaust and the Civil Rights Movement. Her quest for knowledge transformed her, taking her over oceans and across continents, to Harvard and to Cambridge University. Only then would she wonder if she’d traveled too far, if there was still a way home.
Educated is an account of the struggle for self-invention. It is a tale of fierce family loyalty, and of the grief that comes from severing one’s closest ties. With the acute insight that distinguishes all great writers, Westover has crafted a universal coming-of-age story that gets to the heart of what an education is and what it offers: the perspective to see one’s life through new eyes, and the will to change it.
An Amazon Best Book of February 2018: Tara Westover wasn’t your garden variety college student. When the Holocaust was mentioned in a history class, she didn’t know what it was (no, really). That’s because she didn’t see the inside of a classroom until the age of seventeen. Public education was one of the many things her religious fanatic father was dubious of, believing it a means for the government to brainwash its gullible citizens, and her mother wasn’t diligent on the homeschooling front. If it wasn’t for a brother who managed to extricate himself from their isolated—and often dangerous--world, Westover might still be in rural Idaho, trying to survive her survivalist upbringing. It’s a miraculous story she tells in her memoir Educated. For those of us who took our educations for granted, who occasionally fell asleep in large lecture halls (and inconveniently small ones), it’s hard to grasp the level of grit—not to mention intellect—required to pull off what Westover did. But eventually earning a PhD from Cambridge University may have been the easy part, at least compared to what she had to sacrifice to attain it. The courage it took to make that sacrifice was the truest indicator of how far she’d come, and how much she’d learned. Educated is an inspiring reminder that knowledge is, indeed, power. --Erin Kodicek, Amazon Book Review
|NIV, Thinline Bible, Large Print, Bonded Leather, Black, Indexed, Red Letter Edition, Comfort Print
Lowest new price: $27.44
Lowest used price: $31.60
List price: $49.99
Brand: HarperCollins Christian Pub.
Easy to Read. Easy to Carry.
With a new, easy-to-read typeface, the NIV Thinline Bible, Large Print invites you to linger over, engage with, and deeply explore God’s Word. Expertly designed for the New International Version (NIV) text, Comfort Print® delivers a smooth reading experience that complements the most widely read contemporary-English Bible translation. Measuring less than an inch thick, it is the perfect on-the-go Bible to take to church, your Bible study group, work, or travel.
- The full text of the accurate, readable, and clear New International Version (NIV) translation
- Easy-to-read 11.4-point print size
- Exclusive Zondervan NIV Comfort Print® typeface
- Less than one inch thick
- Words of Jesus in red
- Double-column format
- Presentation page
- Two satin ribbon markers
- Indexed edition
- NIV, Thinline Bible, Large Print, Bonded Leather, Burgundy, Indexed, Red Letter Edition, Comfort Print
- NIV, Thinline Reference Bible, Bonded Leather, Burgundy, Indexed, Red Letter Edition
- Know Your Bible: All 66 Books Explained and Applied (Value Books)
- NIV Study Bible, Large Print, Bonded Leather, Black, Red Letter Edition
- NIV, Thinline Bible, Large Print, Bonded Leather, Black, Red Letter Edition, Comfort Print
- NIV, Journal the Word Bible, Leathersoft, Brown: Reflect, Journal, or Create Art Next to Your Favorite Verses
- How to Study the Bible
- NIV, Thinline Bible Zippered, Bonded Leather, Black
- NIV, Thinline Reference Bible, Bonded Leather, Burgundy, Red Letter Edition
- NIV, Thinline Bible, Giant Print, Bonded Leather, Black, Red Letter Edition, Comfort Print
|Terry Treetop and the lost egg: the lost egg (Bedtime story)
Lowest new price: $7.93
Lowest used price: $49.96
List price: $10.25
Author: Tali Carmi
A friend in need is a friend indeed!
While camping with his folks, Terry finds a lost egg. He decides to help the egg and bring it back to its habitat. To do so, he goes on an incredible adventure in nature and learns about the cycle of life!
Terry Treetop and the Lost Egg teaches your kid the values of caring, friendship, kindness and persistence
This sweet kids’ book is written especially for children aged 2-8. It’s a suitable read-aloud for pre-schoolers and a great self-read book for beginner readers.
Terry Treetop and the Lost Egg is an adorable book that includes rhyming and 18 beautiful colorful illustrations, that children simply love.
Join Terry Treetop on another magnificent adventure!
Terry Treetop is a freckled, red headed boy who loves climbing trees, making new friends, visiting new places and helping out friends in need.
Each of Terry’s adventures is an opportunity to learn valuable life skills through a uniquely set story, that will leave you and your kid smiling.
Terry Treetop encourages your kids to:
- Actively pursue aspirations, needs and dreams
- Make a real effort for what’s important to them
- Be helpful, kind and considerate to others
- Respect animals and enjoy nature
- Trust themselves and remain optimistic even when things are hard
|RVR 1960 Biblia Letra Súper Gigante, negro imitación piel con índice (Spanish Edition)
Lowest new price: $27.87
Lowest used price: $30.08
List price: $40.99
El nuevo y elegante diseño tipográfico hace que esta Biblia tenga un texto súper nítido y cómodo para leer. Sus páginas espaciosas ofrecen referencias al final del versículo y permiten escribir notas y subrayar pasajes con facilidad.
• Palabras de Cristo en rojo
• 8 páginas de presentación/sección de registro familiar
• Cinta marcadora (excepto en tapa dura)
• Concordancia de letra grande
• Cómo leer toda la Biblia
• El plan de salvación
• 8 mapas a todo color
• Resumen de los libros de la Biblia
• Referencias al final del versículo
• Qué leer cuando…
• Caja de regalo (ediciones piel fabricada y símil piel)
The new and elegant typeset design results in a sharp font and easier reading. The larger page format allows ample space for personal notes, Scripture underlining, and end-of-verse references without clutter.
• Words of Christ in red
• 8-page presentation section/family record section
• Ribbon marker (not in hardcover)
• Giant-print concordance
• How to read the whole Bible
• Plan of salvation
• 8 full-color maps
• Survey of Bible books
• End-of-verse references
• Where to turn when…
• Gift box (for bonded leather and LeatherTouch editions)
Page 5 of 3051
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED AS IS AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.