|Browse by Catagory:
Civil Rights & Liberties
War & Peace
Cajun & Creole Cooking
Caribbean & West Indian Cooking
Diabetic & Sugar-Free Cooking
Low Fat Cooking
Middle Eastern Cooking
Pacific Rim Cooking
Home & Garden
Literature & Fiction
Sheet Music & Scores
Environmental & Natural Resources Law
Ethics & Professional Responsibility
Procedures & Litigation
Water Supply & Land Use
Lawyer and Crimal Humor
Outdoors & Nature
Hiking & Camping
Hunting & Fishing
Beer & Beer Making
Health & Fitness
Diets & Weight Loss
Children's Science & Nature
Vitamins & Supplements
Psychology and Counseling
Philosophy of Psychology
Physiological Aspects of Psychology
Psychology of Sexuality
Psychology Testing & Measurement
Chaos & Systems
Geometry & Topology
Logic & Brain Teasers
Chaos & Systems
Geometry & Topology
Probability & Statistics
Experiments, Instruments & Measurement
Chaos & Systems
Fusion & Fission
Nuclear Magnetic Resonance
Waves & Wave Mechanics
Administration & Policy
Allied Health Professions
Medical Education & Training
Endocrinology & Metabolism
Physician & Patient
Insects & Spiders
Fish & Aquariums
Mobile & Wireless Computing: Programming
Linux Kernel & Peripherals
Linux Networking & Administration
State & Local History
Sci Fi Calendars
Bujold, Lois McMaster
Card, Orson Scott
Chalker, Jack L.
Heinlein, Robert A.
McKillip, Patricia A.
Nye, Jody Lynn
|Crushing It!: How Great Entrepreneurs Build Their Business and Influence-and How You Can, Too
Lowest new price: $17.99
List price: $29.99
Author: Gary Vaynerchuk
Four-time New York Times bestselling author Gary Vaynerchuk offers new lessons and inspiration drawn from the experiences of dozens of influencers and entrepreneurs who rejected the predictable corporate path in favor of pursuing their dreams by building thriving businesses and extraordinary personal brands.
In his 2009 international bestseller Crush It, Gary insisted that a vibrant personal brand was crucial to entrepreneurial success, In Crushing It!, Gary explains why that’s even more true today, offering his unique perspective on what has changed and what principles remain timeless. He also shares stories from other entrepreneurs who have grown wealthier—and not just financially—than they ever imagined possible by following Crush It principles. The secret to their success (and Gary’s) has everything to do with their understanding of the social media platforms, and their willingness to do whatever it took to make these tools work to their utmost potential. That’s what Crushing It! teaches readers to do.
In this lively, practical, and inspiring book, Gary dissects every current major social media platform so that anyone, from a plumber to a professional ice skater, will know exactly how to amplify his or her personal brand on each. He offers both theoretical and tactical advice on how to become the biggest thing on old standbys like Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, Pinterest, and Snapchat; podcast platforms like Spotify, Soundcloud, iHeartRadio, and iTunes; and other emerging platforms such as Musical.ly. For those with more experience, Crushing It! illuminates some little-known nuances and provides innovative tips and clever tweaks proven to enhance more common tried-and-true strategies.
Crushing It! is a state-of-the-art guide to building your own path to professional and financial success, but it’s not about getting rich. It’s a blueprint to living life on your own terms.
|Building a StoryBrand: Clarify Your Message So Customers Will Listen
Lowest new price: $12.50
Lowest used price: $12.48
List price: $24.99
Author: Donald Miller
New York Times bestselling author Donald Miller uses the seven universal elements of powerful stories to teach readers how to dramatically improve how they connect with customers and grow their businesses.
Donald Miller’s StoryBrand process is a proven solution to the struggle business leaders face when talking about their businesses. This revolutionary method for connecting with customers provides readers with the ultimate competitive advantage, revealing the secret for helping their customers understand the compelling benefits of using their products, ideas, or services. Building a StoryBrand does this by teaching readers the seven universal story points all humans respond to; the real reason customers make purchases; how to simplify a brand message so people understand it; and how to create the most effective messaging for websites, brochures, and social media. Whether you are the marketing director of a multibillion dollar company, the owner of a small business, a politician running for office, or the lead singer of a rock band, Building a StoryBrand will forever transform the way you talk about who you are, what you do, and the unique value you bring to your customers.
|Shit I Can't Remember: An Organizer for All Your Passwords and Shit
Lowest new price: $5.95
Lowest used price: $4.46
List price: $5.95
Author: Christelle Ball
Are you tired of forgetting the usernames and passwords you created every time you visit a website?
This discrete password journal lets you store your important internet passwords in one convenient place! Measuring at 5.5" x 8.5" (13.97 x 21.59 cm), this password keeper has spaces to record the website name, username, password, and notes for over 160 different websites. You know, all the shit you can't remember. Why do you need this? In the age of the hacker, this password keeper lets you create unique and difficult passwords for each website and log in with ease! Stop writing your passwords down on sticky notes, get this password keeper and change your online log in experience forever!
- I'm Dead, Now What? Important Information about My Belongings, Business Affairs, and Wishes
- WTF Is My Password: Internet Password Logbook: A Passkey Log Book, Keeper, Journal, Notebook, Organizer & Vault for Men, Women, Teenagers, College & ... Notebooks and Colouring Books for Grown-Ups)
- Password book: A Premium Journal And Logbook To Protect Usernames and Passwords: Modern Password Keeper, Vault, Notebook and Online Organizer with ... Calligraphy and Hand Lettering Design)
- The Personal Internet Address & Password Log Book
- Making Connections Large Address Book (Desk)
- Silk Road Internet Address & Password Logbook
- Password Keeper
- Shit I Need To Remember: Internet Password Logbook: A Password Log Book, Keeper, Journal, Notebook, Logbook Organizer & Vault for Men, Women, ... Notebooks and Colouring Books for Grown-Ups)
- Internet Password Organizer: Enchanted (Discreet Password Journal)
- The Personal Internet Address & Password Logbook (Red)
|Python Crash Course: A Hands-On, Project-Based Introduction to Programming
Lowest new price: $25.30
Lowest used price: $23.00
List price: $39.95
Author: Eric Matthes
Brand: Eric Matthes
Python Crash Course is a fast-paced, thorough introduction to Python that will have you writing programs, solving problems, and making things that work in no time.
In the first half of the book, you’ll learn about basic programming concepts, such as lists, dictionaries, classes, and loops, and practice writing clean and readable code with exercises for each topic. You’ll also learn how to make your programs interactive and how to test your code safely before adding it to a project. In the second half of the book, you’ll put your new knowledge into practice with three substantial projects: a Space Invaders–inspired arcade game, data visualizations with Python’s super-handy libraries, and a simple web app you can deploy online.
As you work through Python Crash Course you’ll learn how to:
–Use powerful Python libraries and tools, including matplotlib, NumPy, and Pygal
–Make 2D games that respond to keypresses and mouse clicks, and that grow more difficult as the game progresses
–Work with data to generate interactive visualizations
–Create and customize Web apps and deploy them safely online
–Deal with mistakes and errors so you can solve your own programming problems
If you’ve been thinking seriously about digging into programming, Python Crash Course will get you up to speed and have you writing real programs fast. Why wait any longer? Start your engines and code!
Uses Python 2 and 3
- Python Crash Course A Hands On Project Based Introduction to Programming
|Python for Kids: A Playful Introduction To Programming
Lowest new price: $22.80
Lowest used price: $15.29
Author: Jason R. Briggs
Brand: Penguin Books
Python is a powerful, expressive programming language that’s easy to learn and fun to use! But books about learning to program in Python can be kind of dull, gray, and boring, and that’s no fun for anyone.
Python for Kids brings Python to life and brings you (and your parents) into the world of programming. The ever-patient Jason R. Briggs will guide you through the basics as you experiment with unique (and often hilarious) example programs that feature ravenous monsters, secret agents, thieving ravens, and more. New terms are defined; code is colored, dissected, and explained; and quirky, full-color illustrations keep things on the lighter side.
Chapters end with programming puzzles designed to stretch your brain and strengthen your understanding. By the end of the book you’ll have programmed two complete games: a clone of the famous Pong and "Mr. Stick Man Races for the Exit"—a platform game with jumps, animation, and much more.
As you strike out on your programming adventure, you’ll learn how to:
–Use fundamental data structures like lists, tuples, and maps
–Organize and reuse your code with functions and modules
–Use control structures like loops and conditional statements
–Draw shapes and patterns with Python’s turtle module
–Create games, animations, and other graphical wonders with tkinter
Why should serious adults have all the fun? Python for Kids is your ticket into the amazing world of computer programming.
For kids ages 10+ (and their parents)
The code in this book runs on almost anything: Windows, Mac, Linux, even an OLPC laptop or Raspberry Pi!
From the Author: Top 5 Tips & Tricks for Beginning Programmers
1. Never try to understand a long piece of code (or a long program) in one go. Focus on a few statements at a time. If possible, try to take a smaller chunk of the code and run it yourself to see what it does. Experimenting is always good, even if it doesn’t work and you get weird error messages, you’ve learned something!
2. Try it yourself. Make sure you try out code examples for yourself (don’t just read about them). Trying something and running it, actually helps it stick in your head. Better yet, if you change things around to see what effect that has, you’ll learn and understand more.
3. If all else fails, sleep on it. Sometimes no amount of brain effort will get you past a difficult or complicated problem. Either you don’t understand something, or a piece of your code won’t work, and you can’t figure out why. If all else fails, try sleeping on it. Or, at the very least, leave it alone for a few hours, and come back to the problem later. When you come to something fresh, often the answer will appear.
4. Never type long sections of code directly into the Shell. In Python, either in the Shell (IDLE) or the Console, you can type and run statements directly and see what happens. But if you’re entering a longer program, either use a text editor or use the Shell’s editor (select File, then New in the Shell). That way you can save your file, run it, and come back and fiddle with the code without having to re-type everything.
5. Pick the right project. If you’re looking for something to put your new-found programming skills to use, don’t think Halo, or Uncharted, or Super Mario Galaxy or Assassins Creed. Don’t even think Angry Birds, or Pocket God, or Rolando. Think arcade games from the 1970’s and 1980’s—games like Galaxian, Centipede, Donkey Kong, and Frogger have simple graphics and basic game mechanics, which makes them great first projects for budding game developers.
Do an internet search for arcade games from that period. Take a look at some examples and then try to write something similar yourself. It’s much more satisfying to take a simple project and actually finish it, rather than a hugely ambitious, complicated project that you never get working.
- Use fundamental data structures like lists, tuples, and maps.
- Organize and reuse your code with functions and modules.
- Use control structures like loops and conditional statements.
- Draw shapes and patterns with python's turtle module.
- Create games, animations, and other graphical wonders with tkinter
|Learn to Program with Minecraft: Transform Your World with the Power of Python
Lowest new price: $13.38
Lowest used price: $9.00
Author: Craig Richardson
Brand: Penguin Books
You’ve bested creepers, traveled deep into caves, and maybe even gone to The End and back—but have you ever transformed a sword into a magic wand? Built a palace in the blink of an eye? Designed your own color-changing disco dance floor?
In Learn to Program with Minecraft®, you’ll do all this and more with the power of Python, a free language used by millions of professional and first-time programmers!
Begin with some short, simple Python lessons and then use your new skills to modify Minecraft to produce instant and totally awesome results. Learn how to customize Minecraft to make mini-games, duplicate entire buildings, and turn boring blocks into gold.
You’ll also write programs that:
–Take you on an automated teleportation tour around your Minecraft world
–Build massive monuments, pyramids, forests, and more in a snap!
–Make secret passageways that open when you activate a hidden switch
–Create a spooky ghost town that vanishes and reappears elsewhere
–Show exactly where to dig for rare blocks
–Cast a spell so that a cascade of flowers (or dynamite if you’re daring!) follows your every move
–Make mischief with dastardly lava traps and watery curses that cause huge floods
Whether you’re a Minecraft megafan or a newbie, you’ll see Minecraft in a whole new light while learning the basics of programming. Sure, you could spend all day mining for precious resources or building your mansion by hand, but with the power of Python, those days are over!
Requires: Windows 7 or later; OS X 10.10 or later; or a Raspberry Pi. Uses Python 3
- Take you on an automated teleportation tour around your minecraft world.
- Build massive monuments, pyramids, forests, and more in a snap!
- Make secret passageways that open when you activate a hidden switch.
- Create a spooky ghost town that vanishes and reappears elsewhere.
- Show exactly where to dig for rare blocks.
|Jab, Jab, Jab, Right Hook: How to Tell Your Story in a Noisy Social World
Lowest new price: $14.82
Lowest used price: $10.41
List price: $29.99
Author: Gary Vaynerchuk
Brand: Gary Vaynerchuk
New York Times bestselling author and social media expert Gary Vaynerchuk shares hard-won advice on how to connect with customers and beat the competition. A mash-up of the best elements of Crush It! and The Thank You Economy with a fresh spin, Jab, Jab, Jab, Right Hook is a blueprint to social media marketing strategies that really works.
When managers and marketers outline their social media strategies, they plan for the “right hook”—their next sale or campaign that’s going to knock out the competition. Even companies committed to jabbing—patiently engaging with customers to build the relationships crucial to successful social media campaigns—want to land the punch that will take down their opponent or their customer’s resistance in one blow. Right hooks convert traffic to sales and easily show results. Except when they don’t.
Thanks to massive change and proliferation in social media platforms, the winning combination of jabs and right hooks is different now. Vaynerchuk shows that while communication is still key, context matters more than ever. It’s not just about developing high-quality content, but developing high-quality content perfectly adapted to specific social media platforms and mobile devices—content tailor-made for Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter, and Tumblr.
- Jab Jab Jab Right Hook How to Tell Your Story in a Noisy Social World
- Crush It!: Why NOW Is the Time to Cash In on Your Passion
- #AskGaryVee: One Entrepreneur's Take on Leadership, Social Media, and Self-Awareness
- The Thank You Economy
- Crushing It!: How Great Entrepreneurs Build Their Business and Influence-and How You Can, Too
- Likeable Social Media, Revised and Expanded: How to Delight Your Customers, Create an Irresistible Brand, and Be Amazing on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, Pinterest, and More
- The Art of Social Media: Power Tips for Power Users
- Tribe of Mentors: Short Life Advice from the Best in the World
- Contagious: Why Things Catch On
- The 10X Rule: The Only Difference Between Success and Failure
- Vlog Like a Boss: How to Kill It Online with Video Blogging
|Python Machine Learning: Machine Learning and Deep Learning with Python, scikit-learn, and TensorFlow, 2nd Edition
Lowest new price: $35.99
Lowest used price: $49.37
List price: $39.99
Author: Sebastian Raschka
- Second edition of the bestselling book on Machine Learning
- A practical approach to key frameworks in data science, machine learning, and deep learning
- Use the most powerful Python libraries to implement machine learning and deep learning
- Get to know the best practices to improve and optimize your machine learning systems and algorithms
Machine learning is eating the software world, and now deep learning is extending machine learning. Understand and work at the cutting edge of machine learning, neural networks, and deep learning with this second edition of Sebastian Raschka's bestselling book, Python Machine Learning. Thoroughly updated using the latest Python open source libraries, this book offers the practical knowledge and techniques you need to create and contribute to machine learning, deep learning, and modern data analysis.
Fully extended and modernized, Python Machine Learning Second Edition now includes the popular TensorFlow deep learning library. The scikit-learn code has also been fully updated to include recent improvements and additions to this versatile machine learning library.
Sebastian Raschka and Vahid Mirjalili's unique insight and expertise introduce you to machine learning and deep learning algorithms from scratch, and show you how to apply them to practical industry challenges using realistic and interesting examples. By the end of the book, you'll be ready to meet the new data analysis opportunities in today's world.
If you've read the first edition of this book, you'll be delighted to find a new balance of classical ideas and modern insights into machine learning. Every chapter has been critically updated, and there are new chapters on key technologies. You'll be able to learn and work with TensorFlow more deeply than ever before, and get essential coverage of the Keras neural network library, along with the most recent updates to scikit-learn.
What you will learn
- Understand the key frameworks in data science, machine learning, and deep learning
- Harness the power of the latest Python open source libraries in machine learning
- Explore machine learning techniques using challenging real-world data
- Master deep neural network implementation using the TensorFlow library
- Learn the mechanics of classification algorithms to implement the best tool for the job
- Predict continuous target outcomes using regression analysis
- Uncover hidden patterns and structures in data with clustering
- Delve deeper into textual and social media data using sentiment analysis
Table of Contents
- Giving Computers the Ability to Learn from Data
- Training Simple Machine Learning Algorithms for Classification
- A Tour of Machine Learning Classifiers Using Scikit-Learn
- Building Good Training Sets - Data Preprocessing
- Compressing Data via Dimensionality Reduction
- Learning Best Practices for Model Evaluation and Hyperparameter Tuning
- Combining Different Models for Ensemble Learning
- Applying Machine Learning to Sentiment Analysis
- Embedding a Machine Learning Model into a Web Application
- Predicting Continuous Target Variables with Regression Analysis
- Working with Unlabeled Data - Clustering Analysis
- Implementing a Multilayer Artificial Neural Network from Scratch
- Parallelizing Neural Network Training with TensorFlow
- Going Deeper - The Mechanics of TensorFlow
- Classifying Images with Deep Convolutional Neural Networks
- Modeling Sequential Data using Recurrent Neural Networks
|Python for Data Analysis: Data Wrangling with Pandas, NumPy, and IPython
Lowest new price: $30.25
Lowest used price: $29.89
List price: $49.99
Author: Wes McKinney
Get complete instructions for manipulating, processing, cleaning, and crunching datasets in Python. Updated for Python 3.6, the second edition of this hands-on guide is packed with practical case studies that show you how to solve a broad set of data analysis problems effectively. You’ll learn the latest versions of pandas, NumPy, IPython, and Jupyter in the process.
Written by Wes McKinney, the creator of the Python pandas project, this book is a practical, modern introduction to data science tools in Python. It’s ideal for analysts new to Python and for Python programmers new to data science and scientific computing. Data files and related material are available on GitHub.
- Use the IPython shell and Jupyter notebook for exploratory computing
- Learn basic and advanced features in NumPy (Numerical Python)
- Get started with data analysis tools in the pandas library
- Use flexible tools to load, clean, transform, merge, and reshape data
- Create informative visualizations with matplotlib
- Apply the pandas groupby facility to slice, dice, and summarize datasets
- Analyze and manipulate regular and irregular time series data
- Learn how to solve real-world data analysis problems with thorough, detailed examples
- Hands-On Machine Learning with Scikit-Learn and TensorFlow: Concepts, Tools, and Techniques to Build Intelligent Systems
- Python Data Science Handbook: Essential Tools for Working with Data
- Data Science from Scratch: First Principles with Python
- Python Machine Learning: Machine Learning and Deep Learning with Python, scikit-learn, and TensorFlow, 2nd Edition
- Fluent Python: Clear, Concise, and Effective Programming
- Python Cookbook, Third edition
- Python Tricks: A Buffet of Awesome Python Features
- Introduction to Machine Learning with Python: A Guide for Data Scientists
- R for Data Science: Import, Tidy, Transform, Visualize, and Model Data
- Python Pocket Reference: Python In Your Pocket (Pocket Reference (O'Reilly))
|Automate the Boring Stuff with Python: Practical Programming for Total Beginners
Lowest new price: $18.74
Lowest used price: $17.49
List price: $29.95
Author: Al Sweigart
Brand: Albert Sweigart
If you’ve ever spent hours renaming files or updating hundreds of spreadsheet cells, you know how tedious tasks like these can be. But what if you could have your computer do them for you?
In Automate the Boring Stuff with Python, you’ll learn how to use Python to write programs that do in minutes what would take you hours to do by hand—no prior programming experience required. Once you’ve mastered the basics of programming, you’ll create Python programs that effortlessly perform useful and impressive feats of automation to:
–Search for text in a file or across multiple files
–Create, update, move, and rename files and folders
–Search the Web and download online content
–Update and format data in Excel spreadsheets of any size
–Split, merge, watermark, and encrypt PDFs
–Send reminder emails and text notifications
–Fill out online forms
Step-by-step instructions walk you through each program, and practice projects at the end of each chapter challenge you to improve those programs and use your newfound skills to automate similar tasks.
Don’t spend your time doing work a well-trained monkey could do. Even if you’ve never written a line of code, you can make your computer do the grunt work. Learn how in Automate the Boring Stuff with Python.
Note: The programs in this book are written to run on Python 3.
- Automate the Boring Stuff with Python Practical Programming for Total Beginners
Page 1 of 4401
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED AS IS AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.