|Browse by Catagory:
Civil Rights & Liberties
War & Peace
Cajun & Creole Cooking
Caribbean & West Indian Cooking
Diabetic & Sugar-Free Cooking
Low Fat Cooking
Middle Eastern Cooking
Pacific Rim Cooking
Home & Garden
Literature & Fiction
Sheet Music & Scores
Environmental & Natural Resources Law
Ethics & Professional Responsibility
Procedures & Litigation
Water Supply & Land Use
Lawyer and Crimal Humor
Outdoors & Nature
Hiking & Camping
Hunting & Fishing
Beer & Beer Making
Health & Fitness
Diets & Weight Loss
Children's Science & Nature
Vitamins & Supplements
Psychology and Counseling
Philosophy of Psychology
Physiological Aspects of Psychology
Psychology of Sexuality
Psychology Testing & Measurement
Chaos & Systems
Geometry & Topology
Logic & Brain Teasers
Chaos & Systems
Geometry & Topology
Probability & Statistics
Experiments, Instruments & Measurement
Chaos & Systems
Fusion & Fission
Nuclear Magnetic Resonance
Waves & Wave Mechanics
Administration & Policy
Allied Health Professions
Medical Education & Training
Endocrinology & Metabolism
Physician & Patient
Insects & Spiders
Fish & Aquariums
Mobile & Wireless Computing: Programming
Linux Kernel & Peripherals
Linux Networking & Administration
State & Local History
Sci Fi Calendars
Bujold, Lois McMaster
Card, Orson Scott
Chalker, Jack L.
Heinlein, Robert A.
McKillip, Patricia A.
Nye, Jody Lynn
|Python Crash Course: A Hands-On, Project-Based Introduction to Programming
Lowest new price: $25.00
Lowest used price: $29.00
List price: $39.95
Author: Eric Matthes
Brand: No Starch Press
Python Crash Course is a fast-paced, thorough introduction to Python that will have you writing programs, solving problems, and making things that work in no time.
In the first half of the book, you’ll learn about basic programming concepts, such as lists, dictionaries, classes, and loops, and practice writing clean and readable code with exercises for each topic. You’ll also learn how to make your programs interactive and how to test your code safely before adding it to a project. In the second half of the book, you’ll put your new knowledge into practice with three substantial projects: a Space Invaders–inspired arcade game, data visualizations with Python’s super-handy libraries, and a simple web app you can deploy online.
As you work through Python Crash Course you’ll learn how to:
–Use powerful Python libraries and tools, including matplotlib, NumPy, and Pygal
–Make 2D games that respond to keypresses and mouse clicks, and that grow more difficult as the game progresses
–Work with data to generate interactive visualizations
–Create and customize Web apps and deploy them safely online
–Deal with mistakes and errors so you can solve your own programming problems
If you’ve been thinking seriously about digging into programming, Python Crash Course will get you up to speed and have you writing real programs fast. Why wait any longer? Start your engines and code!
Uses Python 2 and 3
|Building a StoryBrand: Clarify Your Message So Customers Will Listen
Lowest new price: $12.99
Lowest used price: $15.00
List price: $24.99
Author: Donald Miller
New York Times bestselling author Donald Miller uses the seven universal elements of powerful stories to teach readers how to dramatically improve how they connect with customers and grow their businesses.
Donald Miller’s StoryBrand process is a proven solution to the struggle business leaders face when talking about their businesses. This revolutionary method for connecting with customers provides readers with the ultimate competitive advantage, revealing the secret for helping their customers understand the compelling benefits of using their products, ideas, or services. Building a StoryBrand does this by teaching readers the seven universal story points all humans respond to; the real reason customers make purchases; how to simplify a brand message so people understand it; and how to create the most effective messaging for websites, brochures, and social media. Whether you are the marketing director of a multibillion dollar company, the owner of a small business, a politician running for office, or the lead singer of a rock band, Building a StoryBrand will forever transform the way you talk about who you are, what you do, and the unique value you bring to your customers.
- The 1-Page Marketing Plan: Get New Customers, Make More Money, And Stand out From The Crowd
- 500 Social Media Marketing Tips: Essential Advice, Hints and Strategy for Business: Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Google+, YouTube, Instagram, LinkedIn, and More!
- SUMMARY: Building a StoryBrand: Clarify Your Message So Customers Will Listen: By Donald Miller | The MW Summary Guide (Persuasion Marketing, Copywriting, Storytelling, Branding Identity)
- How to Write Copy That Sells: The Step-By-Step System for More Sales, to More Customers, More Often
- Explosive Growth: A Few Things I Learned While Growing To 100 Million Users - And Losing $78 Million
- Contagious: Why Things Catch On
- Profit First: Transform Your Business from a Cash-Eating Monster to a Money-Making Machine
- The One Hour Content Plan: The Solopreneur's Guide to a Year's Worth of Blog Post Ideas in 60 Minutes and Creating Content That Hooks and Sells
- All Marketers are Liars: The Underground Classic That Explains How Marketing Really Works--and Why Authenticity Is the Best Marketing of All
- Friction: Passion Brands in the Age of Disruption
|The Design of Everyday Things: Revised and Expanded Edition
Lowest new price: $6.50
Lowest used price: $7.83
List price: $18.99
Author: Don Norman
Brand: Basic Books AZ
The ultimate guide to human-centered design
Even the smartest among us can feel inept as we fail to figure out which light switch or oven burner to turn on, or whether to push, pull, or slide a door. The fault, argues this ingenious-even liberating-book, lies not in ourselves, but in product design that ignores the needs of users and the principles of cognitive psychology. The problems range from ambiguous and hidden controls to arbitrary relationships between controls and functions, coupled with a lack of feedback or other assistance and unreasonable demands on memorization.
The Design of Everyday Things shows that good, usable design is possible. The rules are simple: make things visible, exploit natural relationships that couple function and control, and make intelligent use of constraints. The goal: guide the user effortlessly to the right action on the right control at the right time.
The Design of Everyday Things is a powerful primer on how--and why--some products satisfy customers while others only frustrate them.
|Starting Out with Python (4th Edition)
Lowest new price: $103.13
Lowest used price: $98.10
List price: $129.00
Author: Tony Gaddis
For courses in Python programming.
A clear and student-friendly introduction to the fundamentals of Python
In Starting Out with Python®, 4th Edition, Tony Gaddis’ accessible coverage introduces students to the basics of programming in a high level language. Python, an easy-to-learn and increasingly popular object-oriented language, allows readers to become comfortable with the fundamentals of programming without the troublesome syntax that can be challenging for novices. With the knowledge acquired using Python, students gain confidence in their skills and learn to recognize the logic behind developing high-quality programs. Starting Out with Python discusses control structures, functions, arrays, and pointers before objects and classes. As with all Gaddis texts, clear and easy-to-read code listings, concise and practical real-world examples, focused explanations, and an abundance of exercises appear in every chapter. Updates to the 4th Edition include revised, improved problems throughout, and new Turtle Graphics sections that provide flexibility as assignable, optional material.
Also Available with MyLab Programming.
MyLab™ Programming is an online learning system designed to engage students and improve results. MyLab Programming consists of programming exercises correlated to the concepts and objectives in this book. Through practice exercises and immediate, personalized feedback, MyLab Programming improves the programming competence of beginning students who often struggle with the basic concepts of programming languages.
Note: You are purchasing a standalone product; MyLab Programming does not come packaged with this content. Students, if interested in purchasing this title with MyLab Programming, ask your instructor for the correct package ISBN and Course ID. Instructors, contact your Pearson representative for more information.
If you would like to purchase both the physical text and MyLab Programming, search for:
0134543661 / 9780134543666 Starting Out with Python Plus MyLab Programming with Pearson eText -- Access Card Package, 4/e
Package consists of:
- 0134444329 / 9780134444321 Starting Out with Python
- 0134484967 / 9780134484969 MyLab Programming with Pearson eText -- Access Code Card -- for Starting Out with Python
Students can use the URL and phone number below to help answer their questions:
Lowest new price: $23.70
Lowest used price: $35.57
List price: $58.00
Author: Jon Duckett
A two-book set for web designers and front-end developers
- A handy two-book set that uniquely combines related technologies
- Highly visual format and accessible language makes these books highly effective learning tools
- Perfect for beginning web designers and front-end developers
- A Smarter Way to Learn HTML & CSS: Learn it faster. Remember it longer. (Volume 2)
- The Design of Everyday Things: Revised and Expanded Edition
- Python Crash Course: A Hands-On, Project-Based Introduction to Programming
- Learning Python, 5th Edition
|Don't Make Me Think, Revisited: A Common Sense Approach to Web Usability (3rd Edition) (Voices That Matter)
Lowest new price: $26.26
Lowest used price: $20.91
List price: $45.00
Author: Steve Krug
Brand: New Riders Publishing
Since Don’t Make Me Think was first published in 2000, hundreds of thousands of Web designers and developers have relied on usability guru Steve Krug’s guide to help them understand the principles of intuitive navigation and information design. Witty, commonsensical, and eminently practical, it’s one of the best-loved and most recommended books on the subject.
Now Steve returns with fresh perspective to reexamine the principles that made Don’t Make Me Think a classic–with updated examples and a new chapter on mobile usability. And it’s still short, profusely illustrated…and best of all–fun to read.
If you’ve read it before, you’ll rediscover what made Don’t Make Me Think so essential to Web designers and developers around the world. If you’ve never read it, you’ll see why so many people have said it should be required reading for anyone working on Web sites.
“After reading it over a couple of hours and putting its ideas to work for the past five years, I can say it has done more to improve my abilities as a Web designer than any other book.”
–Jeffrey Zeldman, author of Designing with Web Standards
|Learning Python, 5th Edition
Lowest new price: $31.24
Lowest used price: $25.35
List price: $64.99
Author: Mark Lutz
Brand: O'Reilly Media
Get a comprehensive, in-depth introduction to the core Python language with this hands-on book. Based on author Mark Lutz’s popular training course, this updated fifth edition will help you quickly write efficient, high-quality code with Python. It’s an ideal way to begin, whether you’re new to programming or a professional developer versed in other languages.
Complete with quizzes, exercises, and helpful illustrations, this easy-to-follow, self-paced tutorial gets you started with both Python 2.7 and 3.3— the latest releases in the 3.X and 2.X lines—plus all other releases in common use today. You’ll also learn some advanced language features that recently have become more common in Python code.
- Explore Python’s major built-in object types such as numbers, lists, and dictionaries
- Create and process objects with Python statements, and learn Python’s general syntax model
- Use functions to avoid code redundancy and package code for reuse
- Organize statements, functions, and other tools into larger components with modules
- Dive into classes: Python’s object-oriented programming tool for structuring code
- Write large programs with Python’s exception-handling model and development tools
- Learn advanced Python tools, including decorators, descriptors, metaclasses, and Unicode processing
|Python for Data Analysis: Data Wrangling with Pandas, NumPy, and IPython
Lowest new price: $35.59
Lowest used price: $33.00
List price: $49.99
Author: Wes McKinney
Get complete instructions for manipulating, processing, cleaning, and crunching datasets in Python. Updated for Python 3.6, the second edition of this hands-on guide is packed with practical case studies that show you how to solve a broad set of data analysis problems effectively. You’ll learn the latest versions of pandas, NumPy, IPython, and Jupyter in the process.
Written by Wes McKinney, the creator of the Python pandas project, this book is a practical, modern introduction to data science tools in Python. It’s ideal for analysts new to Python and for Python programmers new to data science and scientific computing. Data files and related material are available on GitHub.
- Use the IPython shell and Jupyter notebook for exploratory computing
- Learn basic and advanced features in NumPy (Numerical Python)
- Get started with data analysis tools in the pandas library
- Use flexible tools to load, clean, transform, merge, and reshape data
- Create informative visualizations with matplotlib
- Apply the pandas groupby facility to slice, dice, and summarize datasets
- Analyze and manipulate regular and irregular time series data
- Learn how to solve real-world data analysis problems with thorough, detailed examples
- python for data analysis
- python for data analysis wes mckinney
|HTML and CSS: Design and Build Websites
Lowest new price: $18.35
Lowest used price: $7.45
List price: $29.99
Author: Jon Duckett
A full-color introduction to the basics of HTML and CSS from thepublishers of Wrox!
Every day, more and more people want to learn some HTML and CSS.Joining the professional web designers and programmers are newaudiences who need to know a little bit of code at work (update acontent management system or e-commerce store) and those who wantto make their personal blogs more attractive. Many books teachingHTML and CSS are dry and only written for those who want to becomeprogrammers, which is why this book takes an entirely newapproach.
- Introduces HTML and CSS in a way that makes them accessible toeveryone—hobbyists, students, and professionals—andit’s full-color throughout
- Utilizes information graphics and lifestyle photography toexplain the topics in a simple way that is engaging
- Boasts a unique structure that allows you to progress throughthe chapters from beginning to end or just dip into topics ofparticular interest at your leisure
This educational book is one that you will enjoy picking up,reading, then referring back to. It will make you wish othertechnical topics were presented in such a simple, attractive andengaging way!
From the Author: Goals for this Book
Programming books can often look rather intimidating and uninspiring, but they do not need to be. We wanted to redesign the tech book and make it more accessible, relevant, and attractive to a whole new group of readers. The result is a book that feels more like a magazine and is enjoyable to flick through, and looks like it belongs in the graphic design section rather than the programming section of a bookstore.
- Large info-graphics are used to help simplify new or complex concepts
- Clean design and layout presents each topic on a new page for easy reference
- Printed in full-color, using a vibrant palette to distinguish different types of code
- Attractive code samples help you make beautiful web sites
|Influencer: Building Your Personal Brand in the Age of Social Media
Lowest new price: $10.00
Lowest used price: $10.64
List price: $15.95
Author: Brittany Hennessy
“I highly advise anyone who has an interest in life online to get this book, sit down, and take notes because you're going to want to hear what Brittany has to say.”
–Iskra Lawrence, Aerie Model and Instagram star (@iskra)
If you’ve ever scrolled through your Instagram feed and thought, I wear clothes, eat avocado toast and like sunsets, why can’t someone pay me to live my best life? this book is for you . . .
Every one of your favorite influencers started with zero followers and had to make a lot of mistakes to get where they are today—earning more money each year than their parents made in the last decade. But to become a top creator, you need to understand the strategies behind the Insta-ready lifestyle . . .
As nightlife blogger, then social media strategist, and now Senior Director of Influencer Strategy and Talent Partnerships at Hearst Magazines Digital Media, Brittany Hennessy has seen the role of influencers evolve and expand into something that few could have imagined when social media first emerged. She has unrivaled insight into where the branded content industry was, where it is, and where it's going. In this book she'll reveal how to:
*Build an audience and keep them engaged
*Package your brand and pitch your favorite companies
*Monetize your influence and figure out how much to charge
Plus tips on:
*Landing an agent
*Getting on the radar of your favorite sites
*Praising a brand without alienating their competitors
Whether you’re just starting out or you're ready for bigger campaigns, Hennessy guides you through core influencer principles. From creating content worth double tapping and using hashtags to get discovered, to understanding FTC rules and delivering metrics, she’ll show you how to elevate your profile, embrace your edge, and make money—all while doing what you love.
- Influencer Fast Track: From Zero to Influencer in the next 6 Months!: 10X Your Marketing & Branding for Coaches, Consultants, Professionals & Entrepreneurs (Influencer Marketing & Branding)
- From Mopping Floors to Making Millions on Instagram: 5 Steps to Building an Online Brand
- WorkParty: How to Create & Cultivate the Career of Your Dreams
- The Influencer Economy: How to Launch Your Idea, Share It with the World, and Thrive in the Digital Age
- Post Like an Influencer, Grow Like a Marketer: A Proven Step-By-Step Guide To Start a Successful Instagram Page, Grow Your Following, and Make Money.
- Capture Your Style: Transform Your Instagram Photos, Showcase Your Life, and Build the Ultimate Platform
- Read This if You Want to Be Instagram Famous
- LIKEtoKNOW.it: Stories from the Influencer Next Door
- Being Boss: Take Control of Your Work and Live Life on Your Own Terms
- Instagram Secrets: The Underground Playbook for Growing Your Following Fast, Driving Massive Traffic & Generating Predictable Profits
Page 1 of 4443
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED AS IS AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.