|Browse by Catagory:
Civil Rights & Liberties
War & Peace
Cajun & Creole Cooking
Caribbean & West Indian Cooking
Diabetic & Sugar-Free Cooking
Low Fat Cooking
Middle Eastern Cooking
Pacific Rim Cooking
Home & Garden
Literature & Fiction
Sheet Music & Scores
Environmental & Natural Resources Law
Ethics & Professional Responsibility
Procedures & Litigation
Water Supply & Land Use
Lawyer and Crimal Humor
Outdoors & Nature
Hiking & Camping
Hunting & Fishing
Beer & Beer Making
Health & Fitness
Diets & Weight Loss
Children's Science & Nature
Vitamins & Supplements
Psychology and Counseling
Philosophy of Psychology
Physiological Aspects of Psychology
Psychology of Sexuality
Psychology Testing & Measurement
Chaos & Systems
Geometry & Topology
Logic & Brain Teasers
Chaos & Systems
Geometry & Topology
Probability & Statistics
Experiments, Instruments & Measurement
Chaos & Systems
Fusion & Fission
Nuclear Magnetic Resonance
Waves & Wave Mechanics
Administration & Policy
Allied Health Professions
Medical Education & Training
Endocrinology & Metabolism
Physician & Patient
Insects & Spiders
Fish & Aquariums
Mobile & Wireless Computing: Programming
Linux Kernel & Peripherals
Linux Networking & Administration
State & Local History
Sci Fi Calendars
Bujold, Lois McMaster
Card, Orson Scott
Chalker, Jack L.
Heinlein, Robert A.
McKillip, Patricia A.
Nye, Jody Lynn
|Jab, Jab, Jab, Right Hook: How to Tell Your Story in a Noisy Social World
Lowest new price: $15.34
Lowest used price: $8.59
List price: $29.99
Author: Gary Vaynerchuk
Brand: Gary Vaynerchuk
New York Times bestselling author and social media expert Gary Vaynerchuk shares hard-won advice on how to connect with customers and beat the competition. A mash-up of the best elements of Crush It! and The Thank You Economy with a fresh spin, Jab, Jab, Jab, Right Hook is a blueprint to social media marketing strategies that really works.
When managers and marketers outline their social media strategies, they plan for the “right hook”—their next sale or campaign that’s going to knock out the competition. Even companies committed to jabbing—patiently engaging with customers to build the relationships crucial to successful social media campaigns—want to land the punch that will take down their opponent or their customer’s resistance in one blow. Right hooks convert traffic to sales and easily show results. Except when they don’t.
Thanks to massive change and proliferation in social media platforms, the winning combination of jabs and right hooks is different now. Vaynerchuk shows that while communication is still key, context matters more than ever. It’s not just about developing high-quality content, but developing high-quality content perfectly adapted to specific social media platforms and mobile devices—content tailor-made for Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter, and Tumblr.
- Jab Jab Jab Right Hook How to Tell Your Story in a Noisy Social World
- Crush It!: Why NOW Is the Time to Cash In on Your Passion
- #AskGaryVee: One Entrepreneur's Take on Leadership, Social Media, and Self-Awareness
- The Thank You Economy
- The Art of Social Media: Power Tips for Power Users
- Branding Yourself: How to Use Social Media to Invent or Reinvent Yourself (2nd Edition) (Que Biz-Tech)
- Everybody Writes: Your Go-To Guide to Creating Ridiculously Good Content
- Likeable Social Media, Revised and Expanded: How to Delight Your Customers, Create an Irresistible Brand, and Be Amazing on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, Pinterest, and More
- Crushing It!: How Great Entrepreneurs Build Business and Influence-and How You Can, Too
- The 10X Rule: The Only Difference Between Success and Failure
- The Icarus Deception: How High Will You Fly?
Lowest new price: $37.95
Lowest used price: $41.96
List price: $58.00
Author: Jon Duckett
A two-book set for web designers and front-end developers
- A handy two-book set that uniquely combines related technologies
- Highly visual format and accessible language makes these books highly effective learning tools
- Perfect for beginning web designers and front-end developers
- CSS Secrets: Better Solutions to Everyday Web Design Problems
- A Smarter Way to Learn jQuery: Learn it faster. Remember it longer. (Volume 3)
- Don't Make Me Think, Revisited: A Common Sense Approach to Web Usability (3rd Edition) (Voices That Matter)
- Python Crash Course: A Hands-On, Project-Based Introduction to Programming
- HTML5 Pocket Reference: Quick, Comprehensive, Indispensable (Pocket Reference (O'Reilly))
- PHP for the Web: Visual QuickStart Guide (5th Edition)
|Python for Data Analysis: Data Wrangling with Pandas, NumPy, and IPython
Lowest new price: $36.24
List price: $49.99
Author: Wes McKinney
Get complete instructions for manipulating, processing, cleaning, and crunching datasets in Python. Updated for Python 3.6, the second edition of this hands-on guide is packed with practical case studies that show you how to solve a broad set of data analysis problems effectively. You’ll learn the latest versions of pandas, NumPy, IPython, and Jupyter in the process.
Written by Wes McKinney, the creator of the Python pandas project, this book is a practical, modern introduction to data science tools in Python. It’s ideal for analysts new to Python and for Python programmers new to data science and scientific computing. Data files and related material are available on GitHub.
- Use the IPython shell and Jupyter notebook for exploratory computing
- Learn basic and advanced features in NumPy (Numerical Python)
- Get started with data analysis tools in the pandas library
- Use flexible tools to load, clean, transform, merge, and reshape data
- Create informative visualizations with matplotlib
- Apply the pandas groupby facility to slice, dice, and summarize datasets
- Analyze and manipulate regular and irregular time series data
- Learn how to solve real-world data analysis problems with thorough, detailed examples
- Python Data Science Handbook: Essential Tools for Working with Data
- Python Machine Learning: Machine Learning and Deep Learning with Python, scikit-learn, and TensorFlow, 2nd Edition
- Hands-On Machine Learning with Scikit-Learn and TensorFlow: Concepts, Tools, and Techniques to Build Intelligent Systems
- R for Data Science: Import, Tidy, Transform, Visualize, and Model Data
- Learning the Pandas Library: Python Tools for Data Munging, Analysis, and Visual
- Introduction to Machine Learning with Python: A Guide for Data Scientists
- Data Science from Scratch: First Principles with Python
- Learning TensorFlow: A Guide to Building Deep Learning Systems
- Deep Learning with Python
- Practical Statistics for Data Scientists: 50 Essential Concepts
|Learn Python 3 the Hard Way: A Very Simple Introduction to the Terrifyingly Beautiful World of Computers and Code (Zed Shaw's Hard Way Series)
Lowest new price: $22.37
Lowest used price: $21.30
List price: $39.99
Author: Zed A. Shaw
You Will Learn Python 3!
Zed Shaw has perfected the world’s best system for learning Python 3. Follow it and you will succeed—just like the millions of beginners Zed has taught to date! You bring the discipline, commitment, and persistence; the author supplies everything else.
In Learn Python 3 the Hard Way, you’ll learn Python by working through 52 brilliantly crafted exercises. Read them. Type their code precisely. (No copying and pasting!) Fix your mistakes. Watch the programs run. As you do, you’ll learn how a computer works; what good programs look like; and how to read, write, and think about code. Zed then teaches you even more in 5+ hours of video where he shows you how to break, fix, and debug your code—live, as he’s doing the exercises.
- Install a complete Python environment
- Organize and write code
- Fix and break code
- Basic mathematics
- Strings and text
- Interact with users
- Work with files
- Looping and logic
- Data structures using lists and dictionaries
- Program design
- Object-oriented programming
- Inheritance and composition
- Modules, classes, and objects
- Python packaging
- Automated testing
- Basic game development
- Basic web development
It’ll be hard at first. But soon, you’ll just get it—and that will feel great! This course will reward you for every minute you put into it. Soon, you’ll know one of the world’s most powerful, popular programming languages. You’ll be a Python programmer.
This Book Is Perfect For
- Total beginners with zero programming experience
- Junior developers who know one or two languages
- Returning professionals who haven’t written code in years
- Seasoned professionals looking for a fast, simple, crash course in Python 3
|Elements of Programming Interviews in Python: The Insiders' Guide
Lowest new price: $35.96
Lowest used price: $31.80
List price: $39.95
Author: Adnan Aziz
This is the Python version of our book. See the website for links to the C++ and Java version.
Before you buy this book, please first head over to our sample page - elementsofprogramminginterviews.com/sample
The sampler should give you a very good idea of the quality and style of our book. In particular, be sure you are comfortable with the level and with our Python coding style.
Solutions include code snippets which are primarily in Python. Complete programs are available at epibook.github.io.
Since different candidates have different time constraints, EPI includes a study guide with several scenarios, ranging from weekend Hackathon to semester long preparation with a recommended a subset of problems for each scenario.
All problems are classified in terms of their difficulty level and include many variants to help you apply what you have learned more widely.
All problems includes hints for readers who get stuck. This simulates what you will face in the real interview.
The version being sold by Amazon itself is always current. Some resellers may have older versions, especially if they sell used copies.
|Building Microservices: Designing Fine-Grained Systems
Lowest new price: $30.29
Lowest used price: $23.94
List price: $49.99
Author: Sam Newman
Distributed systems have become more fine-grained in the past 10 years, shifting from code-heavy monolithic applications to smaller, self-contained microservices. But developing these systems brings its own set of headaches. With lots of examples and practical advice, this book takes a holistic view of the topics that system architects and administrators must consider when building, managing, and evolving microservice architectures.
Microservice technologies are moving quickly. Author Sam Newman provides you with a firm grounding in the concepts while diving into current solutions for modeling, integrating, testing, deploying, and monitoring your own autonomous services. You’ll follow a fictional company throughout the book to learn how building a microservice architecture affects a single domain.
- Discover how microservices allow you to align your system design with your organization’s goals
- Learn options for integrating a service with the rest of your system
- Take an incremental approach when splitting monolithic codebases
- Deploy individual microservices through continuous integration
- Examine the complexities of testing and monitoring distributed services
- Manage security with user-to-service and service-to-service models
- Understand the challenges of scaling microservice architectures
Lowest new price: $19.18
Lowest used price: $12.94
List price: $39.99
Author: Jon Duckett
Brand: Jon Duckett
This full-color book will show you how to make your websites more interactive and your interfaces more interesting and intuitive.
THIS BOOK COVERS:
As with our first book (the best-selling HTML & CSS: Design and Build Websites), each chapter:
- Basic programming concepts - assuming no prior knowledge of programming beyond an ability to create a web page using HTML & CSS
- How to recreate techniques you will have seen on other web sites such as sliders, content filters, form validation, updating content using Ajax, and much more (these examples demonstrate writing your own scripts from scratch and how the theory you have learned is put into practice).
- Breaks subjects down into bite-sized chunks with a new topic on each page
- Contains clear descriptions of syntax, each one demonstrated with inspiring code samples
- Uses diagrams and photography to explain complex concepts in a visual way
If you're looking to create more enriching web experiences, then this is the book for you.
- HTML and CSS: Design and Build Websites
- Learning PHP: A Gentle Introduction to the Web's Most Popular Language
- Interdisciplinary Interaction Design: A Visual Guide to Basic Theories, Models and Ideas for Thinking and Designing for Interactive Web Design and Digital Device Experiences
- A Smarter Way to Learn HTML & CSS: Learn it faster. Remember it longer. (Volume 2)
|Expert Secrets: The Underground Playbook for Finding Your Message, Building a Tribe, and Changing the World
Lowest new price: $10.92
Lowest used price: $11.17
List price: $19.95
Author: Russell Brunson
Your message has the ability to change someone’s life. The impact that the right message can have on someone at the right time in their life is immeasurable. It could help to save marriages, repair families, change someone’s health, grow a company or more…
But only if you know how to get it into the hands of the people whose lives you have been called to change. Expert Secrets will put your message into the hands of people who need it.
- "Expert Secrets Is The Map That Will Allow You To Turn Your Specialized Knowledge, Talents and Abilities Into A Business That Will Work For You! This Is One Of The Shortcuts of The New Rich" - Robert Kiyosaki
- Find your voice and give you the confidence to become a leader.
- Build a mass movement of people whose lives you can affect.
- Make this calling a career, where people will pay you for your advice.
- The best sales & marketing funnels you have ready made for any product you want to sell online.
|Grokking Algorithms: An illustrated guide for programmers and other curious people
Lowest new price: $22.60
Lowest used price: $22.29
List price: $44.99
Author: Aditya Bhargava
Brand: Manning Publications
Grokking Algorithms is a fully illustrated, friendly guide that teaches you how to apply common algorithms to the practical problems you face every day as a programmer. You'll start with sorting and searching and, as you build up your skills in thinking algorithmically, you'll tackle more complex concerns such as data compression and artificial intelligence. Each carefully presented example includes helpful diagrams and fully annotated code samples in Python.
Learning about algorithms doesn't have to be boring! Get a sneak peek at the fun, illustrated, and friendly examples you'll find in Grokking Algorithms on Manning Publications' YouTube channel.
Purchase of the print book includes a free eBook in PDF, Kindle, and ePub formats from Manning Publications.
About the Technology
An algorithm is nothing more than a step-by-step procedure for solving a problem. The algorithms you'll use most often as a programmer have already been discovered, tested, and proven. If you want to understand them but refuse to slog through dense multipage proofs, this is the book for you. This fully illustrated and engaging guide makes it easy to learn how to use the most important algorithms effectively in your own programs.
About the Book
Grokking Algorithms is a friendly take on this core computer science topic. In it, you'll learn how to apply common algorithms to the practical programming problems you face every day. You'll start with tasks like sorting and searching. As you build up your skills, you'll tackle more complex problems like data compression and artificial intelligence. Each carefully presented example includes helpful diagrams and fully annotated code samples in Python. By the end of this book, you will have mastered widely applicable algorithms as well as how and when to use them.
- Covers search, sort, and graph algorithms
- Over 400 pictures with detailed walkthroughs
- Performance trade-offs between algorithms
- Python-based code samples
About the Reader
This easy-to-read, picture-heavy introduction is suitable for self-taught programmers, engineers, or anyone who wants to brush up on algorithms.
About the Author
Aditya Bhargava is a Software Engineer with a dual background in Computer Science and Fine Arts. He blogs on programming at adit.io.
Table of Contents
- Introduction to algorithms
- Selection sort
- Hash tables
- Breadth-first search
- Dijkstra's algorithm
- Greedy algorithms
- Dynamic programming
- K-nearest neighbors
|The Self-Taught Programmer: The Definitive Guide to Programming Professionally
Lowest new price: $23.29
List price: $43.20
Author: Cory Althoff
I am a self-taught programmer. After a year of self-study, I learned to program well enough to land a job as a software engineer II at eBay. Once I got there, I realized I was severely under-prepared. I was overwhelmed by the amount of things I needed to know but hadn't learned yet. My journey learning to program, and my experience at my first job as a software engineer were the inspiration for this book.
This book is not just about learning to program; although you will learn to code. If you want to program professionally, it is not enough to learn to code; that is why, in addition to helping you learn to program, I also cover the rest of the things you need to know to program professionally that classes and books don't teach you. "The Self-taught Programmer" is a roadmap, a guide to take you from writing your first Python program, to passing your first technical interview. I divided the book into six sections:
1. Start to program in Python 3 and build your first program.
2. Learn Object-oriented programming and create a powerful Python program to get you hooked.
3. Learn to use tools like Git, Bash, regular expressions and databases. Then use your new coding skills to build a web scraper.
4. Study Computer Science fundamentals including computer architecture, data structures, algorithms and network programming.
5. Learn to program for production: I cover the software development process, testing, and best coding practices.
6. Finish with tips for working with a team and landing a programming job.
You CAN learn to program professionally. The path is there. Will you take it?
Page 2 of 4332
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED AS IS AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.