|Browse by Catagory:
Civil Rights & Liberties
War & Peace
Cajun & Creole Cooking
Caribbean & West Indian Cooking
Diabetic & Sugar-Free Cooking
Low Fat Cooking
Middle Eastern Cooking
Pacific Rim Cooking
Home & Garden
Literature & Fiction
Sheet Music & Scores
Environmental & Natural Resources Law
Ethics & Professional Responsibility
Procedures & Litigation
Water Supply & Land Use
Lawyer and Crimal Humor
Outdoors & Nature
Hiking & Camping
Hunting & Fishing
Beer & Beer Making
Health & Fitness
Diets & Weight Loss
Children's Science & Nature
Vitamins & Supplements
Psychology and Counseling
Philosophy of Psychology
Physiological Aspects of Psychology
Psychology of Sexuality
Psychology Testing & Measurement
Chaos & Systems
Geometry & Topology
Logic & Brain Teasers
Chaos & Systems
Geometry & Topology
Probability & Statistics
Experiments, Instruments & Measurement
Chaos & Systems
Fusion & Fission
Nuclear Magnetic Resonance
Waves & Wave Mechanics
Administration & Policy
Allied Health Professions
Medical Education & Training
Endocrinology & Metabolism
Physician & Patient
Insects & Spiders
Fish & Aquariums
Mobile & Wireless Computing: Programming
Linux Kernel & Peripherals
Linux Networking & Administration
State & Local History
Sci Fi Calendars
Bujold, Lois McMaster
Card, Orson Scott
Chalker, Jack L.
Heinlein, Robert A.
McKillip, Patricia A.
Nye, Jody Lynn
|The New Rules of Marketing and PR: How to Use Social Media, Online Video, Mobile Applications, Blogs, Newsjacking, and Viral Marketing to Reach Buyers Directly
Lowest new price: $14.71
Lowest used price: $12.16
List price: $24.00
Author: David Meerman Scott
The international bestseller—now in a new edition
When it comes to marketing, anything goes in the Digital Age, right? Well, not quite. While marketing and public relations tactics do seem to change overnight, every smart businessperson knows that it takes a lot more than the 'next big thing.'
The New Rules of Marketing & PR is an international bestseller with more than 375,000 copies sold in twenty-nine languages. In the latest edition of this pioneering guide to the future of marketing, you'll get a step-by-step action plan for leveraging the power of the latest approaches to generating attention for your idea or your business. You'll learn how get the right information to the right people at the right time—at a fraction of the cost of traditional advertising.
The Internet continues to change the way people communicate and interact with each other, and if you're struggling to keep up with what's trending in social media, online videos, apps, blogs, or more, your product or service is bound to get lost in the ether. In The New Rules of Marketing & PR, you'll get access to the tried-and-true rules that will keep you ahead of the curve when using the latest and greatest digital spaces to their fullest PR, marketing, and customer-communications potential. Keeping in mind that your audience is savvy and crunched for time, this essential guide shows you how to cut through the online clutter to ensure that your message gets seen and heard.
- Serves as the ideal resource for entrepreneurs, business owners, marketers, PR professionals, and non-profit managers
- Offers a wealth of compelling case studies and real-world examples
- Includes information on new platforms including Facebook Live and Snapchat
- Shows both small and large organizations how to best use Web-based communication
Finally, everything you need to speak directly to your audience and establish a personal link with those who make your business work is in one place.
- This Is How You Pitch: How To Kick Ass In Your First Years of PR
- Surfing the Tsunami: An Introduction to Artificial Intelligence and Options for Responding
- Marketing 4.0: Moving from Traditional to Digital
- Social Media and Public Relations: Eight New Practices for the PR Professional
- 500 Social Media Marketing Tips: Essential Advice, Hints and Strategy for Business: Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Google+, YouTube, Instagram, LinkedIn, and More!
- Likeable Social Media, Revised and Expanded: How to Delight Your Customers, Create an Irresistible Brand, and Be Amazing on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, Pinterest, and More
- Digital Marketing Strategy: An Integrated Approach to Online Marketing
- Everybody Writes: Your Go-To Guide to Creating Ridiculously Good Content
- Contagious: Why Things Catch On
- Everybody Writes: Your Go-to Guide to Creating Ridiculously Good Content
|Shit I Can't Remember: An Organizer for All Your Passwords and Shit
Lowest new price: $5.68
Lowest used price: $4.25
List price: $5.95
Author: Christelle Ball
Are you tired of forgetting the usernames and passwords you created every time you visit a website?
This discrete password journal lets you store your important internet passwords in one convenient place! Measuring at 5.5" x 8.5" (13.97 x 21.59 cm), this password keeper has spaces to record the website name, username, password, and notes for over 160 different websites. You know, all the shit you can't remember. Why do you need this? In the age of the hacker, this password keeper lets you create unique and difficult passwords for each website and log in with ease! Stop writing your passwords down on sticky notes, get this password keeper and change your online log in experience forever!
|Murach's HTML5 and CSS3, 4th Edition
Lowest new price: $44.99
Lowest used price: $48.00
List price: $59.50
Author: Anne Boehm;Zak Ruvalcaba
Until now, my websites looked great but have been coded with what seems like duct-tape and bubble-gum methods, just for appearances and not for professionalism or compliance. This book taught me all that is possible with HTML and CSS coding.... What a game changer!
This book begins with an 8-chapter hands-on course that teaches you HTML and CSS from scratch, including the latest HTML5 and CSS3 features. This short course ends with a chapter that teaches you how to use fluid design and media queries to implement Responsive Web Design so your pages will look good and work right on any screen, from phone to tablet to desktop.
|Python Cookbook, Third edition
Lowest new price: $29.98
Lowest used price: $19.95
List price: $49.99
Author: David Beazley
If you need help writing programs in Python 3, or want to update older Python 2 code, this book is just the ticket. Packed with practical recipes written and tested with Python 3.3, this unique cookbook is for experienced Python programmers who want to focus on modern tools and idioms.
Inside, you’ll find complete recipes for more than a dozen topics, covering the core Python language as well as tasks common to a wide variety of application domains. Each recipe contains code samples you can use in your projects right away, along with a discussion about how and why the solution works.
- Data Structures and Algorithms
- Strings and Text
- Numbers, Dates, and Times
- Iterators and Generators
- Files and I/O
- Data Encoding and Processing
- Classes and Objects
- Modules and Packages
- Network and Web Programming
- Utility Scripting and System Administration
- Testing, Debugging, and Exceptions
- C Extensions
|Python for Kids: A Playful Introduction To Programming
Lowest new price: $22.88
Lowest used price: $11.52
Author: Jason R. Briggs
Brand: Penguin Books
Python is a powerful, expressive programming language that’s easy to learn and fun to use! But books about learning to program in Python can be kind of dull, gray, and boring, and that’s no fun for anyone.
Python for Kids brings Python to life and brings you (and your parents) into the world of programming. The ever-patient Jason R. Briggs will guide you through the basics as you experiment with unique (and often hilarious) example programs that feature ravenous monsters, secret agents, thieving ravens, and more. New terms are defined; code is colored, dissected, and explained; and quirky, full-color illustrations keep things on the lighter side.
Chapters end with programming puzzles designed to stretch your brain and strengthen your understanding. By the end of the book you’ll have programmed two complete games: a clone of the famous Pong and "Mr. Stick Man Races for the Exit"—a platform game with jumps, animation, and much more.
As you strike out on your programming adventure, you’ll learn how to:
–Use fundamental data structures like lists, tuples, and maps
–Organize and reuse your code with functions and modules
–Use control structures like loops and conditional statements
–Draw shapes and patterns with Python’s turtle module
–Create games, animations, and other graphical wonders with tkinter
Why should serious adults have all the fun? Python for Kids is your ticket into the amazing world of computer programming.
For kids ages 10+ (and their parents)
The code in this book runs on almost anything: Windows, Mac, Linux, even an OLPC laptop or Raspberry Pi!
From the Author: Top 5 Tips & Tricks for Beginning Programmers
1. Never try to understand a long piece of code (or a long program) in one go. Focus on a few statements at a time. If possible, try to take a smaller chunk of the code and run it yourself to see what it does. Experimenting is always good, even if it doesn’t work and you get weird error messages, you’ve learned something!
2. Try it yourself. Make sure you try out code examples for yourself (don’t just read about them). Trying something and running it, actually helps it stick in your head. Better yet, if you change things around to see what effect that has, you’ll learn and understand more.
3. If all else fails, sleep on it. Sometimes no amount of brain effort will get you past a difficult or complicated problem. Either you don’t understand something, or a piece of your code won’t work, and you can’t figure out why. If all else fails, try sleeping on it. Or, at the very least, leave it alone for a few hours, and come back to the problem later. When you come to something fresh, often the answer will appear.
4. Never type long sections of code directly into the Shell. In Python, either in the Shell (IDLE) or the Console, you can type and run statements directly and see what happens. But if you’re entering a longer program, either use a text editor or use the Shell’s editor (select File, then New in the Shell). That way you can save your file, run it, and come back and fiddle with the code without having to re-type everything.
5. Pick the right project. If you’re looking for something to put your new-found programming skills to use, don’t think Halo, or Uncharted, or Super Mario Galaxy or Assassins Creed. Don’t even think Angry Birds, or Pocket God, or Rolando. Think arcade games from the 1970’s and 1980’s—games like Galaxian, Centipede, Donkey Kong, and Frogger have simple graphics and basic game mechanics, which makes them great first projects for budding game developers.
Do an internet search for arcade games from that period. Take a look at some examples and then try to write something similar yourself. It’s much more satisfying to take a simple project and actually finish it, rather than a hugely ambitious, complicated project that you never get working.
- Use fundamental data structures like lists, tuples, and maps
- Organize and reuse your code with functions and modules
- Use control structures like loops and conditional statements
- Draw shapes and patterns with Python's turtle module
- Create games, animations, and other graphical wonders with tkinter
|Python Pocket Reference: Python In Your Pocket (Pocket Reference (O'Reilly))
Lowest new price: $6.04
Lowest used price: $4.07
List price: $14.99
Author: Mark Lutz
Updated for both Python 3.4 and 2.7, this convenient pocket guide is the perfect on-the-job quick reference. You’ll find concise, need-to-know information on Python types and statements, special method names, built-in functions and exceptions, commonly used standard library modules, and other prominent Python tools. The handy index lets you pinpoint exactly what you need.
Written by Mark Lutz—widely recognized as the world’s leading Python trainer—Python Pocket Reference is an ideal companion to O’Reilly’s classic Python tutorials, Learning Python and Programming Python, also written by Mark.
This fifth edition covers:
- Built-in object types, including numbers, lists, dictionaries, and more
- Statements and syntax for creating and processing objects
- Functions and modules for structuring and reusing code
- Python’s object-oriented programming tools
- Built-in functions, exceptions, and attributes
- Special operator overloading methods
- Widely used standard library modules and extensions
- Command-line options and development tools
- Python idioms and hints
- The Python SQL Database API
|500 Social Media Marketing Tips: Essential Advice, Hints and Strategy for Business: Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Google+, YouTube, Instagram, LinkedIn, and More!
Lowest new price: $10.32
Lowest used price: $11.35
List price: $11.47
Author: Andrew Macarthy
Updated FALL 2018! Always The Newest Social Media Strategy
Struggling with social media marketing for business? No likes, comments and clicks, no matter what you try? Feeling overwhelmed or just don't even know where to begin? This book will help.
The key to success on social media is to build a strong and consistent social media marketing plan: with ideas that drive brand awareness, attract loyal customers, and help you reach your business goals - like increasing website traffic, delivering top customer service, or making sales. And that's what you'll learn in 500 Social Media Marketing Tips.
500 Social Media Marketing Tips is your guide to social media success for business, featuring hundreds of actionable strategies for success on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, Snapchat, and more!
READ 500 Social Media Marketing Tips: Essential Advice, Hints and Strategy for Business.
The goal of this book is simple: I will show you how to build and grow a successful social media marketing strategy for your business. Unlike other books on the subject, 500 Social Media Marketing Tips is uncluttered and concise to ensure that you'll take away something valuable every single time you read, whether it's for five minutes at breakfast, half an hour on your commute, or all day at the weekend!
You will learn:
- Why Every Business Needs A Social Media Marketing Strategy
- The Key Foundations For Every Successful Social Media Marketing Plan
- The Most Effective Content to Share on Social Media (And How to Make It)
- Hundreds of Tips to Grow Your Audience and Succeed on All The Biggest Social Networks: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, Pinterest, Google+, YouTube, and LinkedIn.
- How to Use Blogging to Underpin and Drive your Social Media Marketing Efforts
- Plus: Access to Over 250 Social Media Marketing Video Tutorials and FREE Monthly Book Updates Forever (Kindle version only)
Ready to Kick Start Your Social Media Marketing?
Join over 80,000 people are already using 500 Social Media Marketing Tips to make the most of everything social media has to offer your business. Buy now to stop worrying and, in no time, start seeing the benefits that a strong social media strategy can deliver. Scroll to the top of the page and select the "buy now" button.
|A Smarter Way to Learn Python: Learn it faster. Remember it longer.
Lowest new price: $17.96
Lowest used price: $17.95
List price: $19.95
Author: Mark Myers
I wasn't smart enough to learn a computer language like Python—until I got smart about how to learn it.
I was smart enough to earn an honors degree in philosophy from Harvard, but an aptitude test told me to avoid computer programming. I'm sure it was right. But then I designed a learning system for myself that quadrupled my aptitude for learning computer languages. It worked so well for me that I've used it to teach coding to grandmothers, cab drivers, musicians, and 50,000 other newbies.
Quadruple your learning ability.
Washington University research shows that a key teaching method I use—interactive recall practice—improves learning performance 400 percent.
"I don't feel lost and I don't feel that I am forgetting things as I go along." —Amazon reviewer Leonie M. reviewing my second book, A Smarter Way to Learn HTML and CSS
Understanding is easy. Remembering is hard.
Computer languages are not inherently hard to understand, even for non-techies. Remembering is the problem. If you remember all of Chapter 1 through Chapter 10, you'll understand Chapter 11. But you don't remember. Though you read and read, most of it doesn't stick. You don't have a solid foundation to build on. Halfway through the book, it all collapses. That's when most people give up.
Interactive exercises make it stick.
Research shows that you will remember everything if you're repeatedly asked to recall it. That's the beauty of flash cards. But technology offers an even better way to make information stick. With my book you get almost a thousand interactive exercises—they're free online—that embed the whole book in your memory. Algorithms check your work to make sure you know what you think you know. When you stumble, you do the exercise again. You keep trying until you know the chapter cold.
"Not only do the exercises make learning fun, they reinforce the material right away so it sinks in deeper." —Amazon reviewer Timothy B. Miller reviewing my second book, A Smarter Way to Learn HTML and CSS
You won't get bored or sleepy.
The exercises keep you engaged, give you extra practice where you're shaky, and prepare you for each next step. Every lesson is built on top of a solid foundation that you and I have carefully constructed. Each individual step is small. But all the little steps add up to real knowledge—knowledge that you retain.
I finally feel like I KNOW it and won't need to look up the syntax each time..." —Amazon reviewer J. Caritas reviewing my third book, A Smarter Way to Learn jQuery
Really, it ain't that hard.
Reviewing my books on Amazon, readers who've struggled with programming concepts like functions, loops, and scope write, "I had no idea these things were so simple!"
You don't need to be a computer genius to learn Python. You just need to be smart about how you learn it.
|Java: A Beginner's Guide, Seventh Edition
Lowest new price: $24.33
Lowest used price: $19.94
List price: $40.00
Author: Herbert Schildt
Brand: MCGRAW HILL
Up-to-Date, Essential Java Programming Skills―Made Easy!
Supplement for key JDK 10 new features available from book's Downloads & Resources page at OraclePressBooks.com.
Fully updated for Java Platform, Standard Edition 9 (Java SE 9), Java: A Beginner’s Guide, Seventh Edition, gets you started programming in Java right away. Bestselling programming author Herb Schildt begins with the basics, such as how to create, compile, and run a Java program. He then moves on to the keywords, syntax, and constructs that form the core of the Java language. The book also covers some of Java’s more advanced features, including multithreaded programming, generics, lambda expressions, Swing, and JavaFX. This practical Oracle Press guide features details on Java SE 9’s innovative new module system, and, as an added bonus, it includes an introduction to JShell, Java’s new interactive programming tool.
Designed for Easy Learning:
• Key Skills and Concepts―Chapter-opening lists of specific skills covered in the chapter
• Ask the Expert―Q&A sections filled with bonus information and helpful tips
• Try This―Hands-on exercises that show you how to apply your skills
• Self Tests―End-of-chapter quizzes to reinforce your skills
• Annotated Syntax―Example code with commentary that describes the programming techniques being illustrated
|The Self-Taught Programmer: The Definitive Guide to Programming Professionally
Lowest new price: $18.04
Lowest used price: $17.97
List price: $18.99
Author: Cory Althoff
I am a self-taught programmer. After a year of self-study, I learned to program well enough to land a job as a software engineer II at eBay. Once I got there, I realized I was severely under-prepared. I was overwhelmed by the amount of things I needed to know but hadn't learned yet. My journey learning to program, and my experience at my first job as a software engineer were the inspiration for this book.
This book is not just about learning to program; although you will learn to code. If you want to program professionally, it is not enough to learn to code; that is why, in addition to helping you learn to program, I also cover the rest of the things you need to know to program professionally that classes and books don't teach you. "The Self-taught Programmer" is a roadmap, a guide to take you from writing your first Python program, to passing your first technical interview. I divided the book into five sections:
1. Learn to program in Python 3 and build your first program.
2. Learn Object-oriented programming and create a powerful Python program to get you hooked.
3. Learn to use tools like Git, Bash, regular expressions and databases. Then use your new coding skills to build a web scraper.
4. Study Computer Science fundamentals like data structures and algorithms.
5. Finish with tips for working with a team and landing a programming job.
You CAN learn to program professionally. The path is there. Will you take it?
*NOTE This book was written for new programmers.
Page 4 of 4435
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED AS IS AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.