|Browse by Catagory:
Civil Rights & Liberties
War & Peace
Cajun & Creole Cooking
Caribbean & West Indian Cooking
Diabetic & Sugar-Free Cooking
Low Fat Cooking
Middle Eastern Cooking
Pacific Rim Cooking
Home & Garden
Literature & Fiction
Sheet Music & Scores
Environmental & Natural Resources Law
Ethics & Professional Responsibility
Procedures & Litigation
Water Supply & Land Use
Lawyer and Crimal Humor
Outdoors & Nature
Hiking & Camping
Hunting & Fishing
Beer & Beer Making
Health & Fitness
Diets & Weight Loss
Children's Science & Nature
Vitamins & Supplements
Psychology and Counseling
Philosophy of Psychology
Physiological Aspects of Psychology
Psychology of Sexuality
Psychology Testing & Measurement
Chaos & Systems
Geometry & Topology
Logic & Brain Teasers
Chaos & Systems
Geometry & Topology
Probability & Statistics
Experiments, Instruments & Measurement
Chaos & Systems
Fusion & Fission
Nuclear Magnetic Resonance
Waves & Wave Mechanics
Administration & Policy
Allied Health Professions
Medical Education & Training
Endocrinology & Metabolism
Physician & Patient
Insects & Spiders
Fish & Aquariums
Mobile & Wireless Computing: Programming
Linux Kernel & Peripherals
Linux Networking & Administration
State & Local History
Sci Fi Calendars
Bujold, Lois McMaster
Card, Orson Scott
Chalker, Jack L.
Heinlein, Robert A.
McKillip, Patricia A.
Nye, Jody Lynn
|Shit I Can't Remember: An Organizer for All Your Passwords and Shit
Lowest new price: $4.31
Lowest used price: $3.49
List price: $5.95
Author: Christelle Ball
Are you tired of forgetting the usernames and passwords you created every time you visit a website?
This discrete password journal lets you store your important internet passwords in one convenient place! Measuring at 5.5" x 8.5" (13.97 x 21.59 cm), this password keeper has spaces to record the website name, username, password, and notes for over 160 different websites. You know, all the shit you can't remember. Why do you need this? In the age of the hacker, this password keeper lets you create unique and difficult passwords for each website and log in with ease! Stop writing your passwords down on sticky notes, get this password keeper and change your online log in experience forever!
- I'm Dead, Now What? Important Information about My Belongings, Business Affairs, and Wishes
- WTF Is My Password: Internet Password Logbook: A Passkey Log Book, Keeper, Journal, Notebook, Organizer & Vault for Men, Women, Teenagers, College & ... Notebooks and Colouring Books for Grown-Ups)
- Password Book With Tabs: A Premium Journal And Logbook To Protect Usernames and Passwords (Internet Password Book / Password Keeper Notebook)
- Silk Road Internet Address & Password Logbook
- Internet Password Organizer: Flourish (Discreet Password Journal)
- Password Keeper
- Peace of Mind Planner: Important Information about My Belongings, Business Affairs, and Wishes
- Making Connections Large Address Book (Desk)
- The Little Pink Book of Addresses (Address Book) (Little Pink Books)
- Fuchsia Blooms Address Book
|Adobe Premiere Pro CC Classroom in a Book (2018 release)
Lowest new price: $41.62
Lowest used price: $45.34
List price: $59.99
Author: Maxim Jago
Creative professionals seeking the fastest, easiest, most comprehensive way to learn Adobe Premiere Pro CC (2018 release) choose Adobe Premiere Pro CC Classroom in a Book (2018 release) from Adobe Press. The 18 project-based lessons in this book show users step-by-step the key techniques for working in Premiere Pro. Learn to edit video in Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2018 and get the most out of your workflow. Take a project from beginning to end and learn to organize media, add audio, create transitions, produce titles, and add effects. Take your projects further by sweetening and mixing sound, compositing footage, adjusting color, using advanced editing techniques, managing projects, working with 360 video for VR headsets, animating graphics, exporting, and much more.
The online companion files include all the necessary assets for readers to complete the projects featured in each chapter as well as ebook updates when Adobe releases relevant new features for Creative Cloud customers. All buyers of the book get full access to the Web Edition: a Web-based version of the complete ebook enhanced with video and multiple-choice quizzes.
|The Truth Machine: The Blockchain and the Future of Everything
Lowest new price: $15.35
Lowest used price: $16.70
List price: $26.99
Author: Paul Vigna
"Views differ on bitcoin, but few doubt the transformative potential of Blockchain technology. The Truth Machine is the best book so far on what has happened and what may come along. It demands the attention of anyone concerned with our economic future." ―Lawrence H. Summers, Charles W. Eliot University Professor and President Emeritus at Harvard, Former Treasury Secretary
From Michael J. Casey and Paul Vigna, the authors of The Age of Cryptocurrency, comes the definitive work on the Internet’s Next Big Thing: The Blockchain.
Big banks have grown bigger and more entrenched. Privacy exists only until the next hack. Credit card fraud is a fact of life. Many of the “legacy systems” once designed to make our lives easier and our economy more efficient are no longer up to the task. Yet there is a way past all this―a new kind of operating system with the potential to revolutionize vast swaths of our economy: the blockchain.
In The Truth Machine, Michael J. Casey and Paul Vigna demystify the blockchain and explain why it can restore personal control over our data, assets, and identities; grant billions of excluded people access to the global economy; and shift the balance of power to revive society’s faith in itself. They reveal the disruption it promises for industries including finance, tech, legal, and shipping.
Casey and Vigna expose the challenge of replacing trusted (and not-so-trusted) institutions on which we’ve relied for centuries with a radical model that bypasses them. The Truth Machine reveals the empowerment possible when self-interested middlemen give way to the transparency of the blockchain, while highlighting the job losses, assertion of special interests, and threat to social cohesion that will accompany this shift. With the same balanced perspective they brought to The Age of Cryptocurrency, Casey and Vigna show why we all must care about the path that blockchain technology takes―moving humanity forward, not backward.
- Blockchain Technology Explained: The Ultimate Beginner’s Guide About Blockchain Wallet, Mining, Bitcoin, Ethereum, Litecoin, Zcash, Monero, Ripple, Dash, IOTA And Smart Contracts
- Blockchain Basics: A Non-Technical Introduction in 25 Steps
- The Age of Cryptocurrency: How Bitcoin and the Blockchain Are Challenging the Global Economic Order
- Blockchain and the Law: The Rule of Code
- Blockchain Revolution: How the Technology Behind Bitcoin Is Changing Money, Business, and the World
- The Age of Cryptocurrency: How Bitcoin and Digital Money Are Challenging the Global Economic Order
- Cryptoassets: The Innovative Investor's Guide to Bitcoin and Beyond
- Blockchain: Discover the Technology behind Smart Contracts, Wallets, Mining and Cryptocurrency (including Bitcoin, Ethereum, Ripple, Digibyte and Others)
- Mastering Bitcoin: Programming the Open Blockchain
- The Internet of Money
|Mapping Experiences: A Complete Guide to Creating Value through Journeys, Blueprints, and Diagrams
Lowest new price: $18.53
Lowest used price: $15.98
List price: $34.99
Author: James Kalbach
Brand: O'Reilly Media
Customers who have inconsistent, broken experiences with products and services are understandably frustrated. But it’s worse when people inside these companies can’t pinpoint the problem because they’re too focused on business processes. This practical book shows your company how to use alignment diagrams to turn valuable customer observations into actionable insight. With this unique tool, you can visually map your existing customer experience and envision future solutions.
Product and brand managers, marketing specialists, and business owners will learn how experience diagramming can help determine where business goals and customer perspectives intersect. Once you’re armed with this data, you can provide users with real value.
Mapping Experiences is divided into three parts:
- Understand the underlying principles of diagramming, and discover how these diagrams can inform strategy
- Learn how to create diagrams with the four iterative modes in the mapping process: setting up a mapping initiative, investigating the evidence, visualizing the process, and using diagrams in workshops and experiments
- See key diagrams in action, including service blueprints, customer journey maps, experience maps, mental models, and spatial maps and ecosystem models
|The Everything Store: Jeff Bezos and the Age of Amazon
Lowest new price: $9.99
Lowest used price: $4.69
List price: $28.00
Author: Brad Stone
Brand: Little Brown and Company
The definitive story of Amazon.com, one of the most successful companies in the world, and of its driven, brilliant founder, Jeff Bezos.
Amazon.com started off delivering books through the mail. But its visionary founder, Jeff Bezos, wasn't content with being a bookseller. He wanted Amazon to become the everything store, offering limitless selection and seductive convenience at disruptively low prices. To do so, he developed a corporate culture of relentless ambition and secrecy that's never been cracked. Until now. Brad Stone enjoyed unprecedented access to current and former Amazon employees and Bezos family members, giving readers the first in-depth, fly-on-the-wall account of life at Amazon. Compared to tech's other elite innovators--Jobs, Gates, Zuckerberg--Bezos is a private man. But he stands out for his restless pursuit of new markets, leading Amazon into risky new ventures like the Kindle and cloud computing, and transforming retail in the same way Henry Ford revolutionized manufacturing.
THE EVERYTHING STORE will be the revealing, definitive biography of the company that placed one of the first and largest bets on the Internet and forever changed the way we shop and read.
|Learn Python 3 the Hard Way: A Very Simple Introduction to the Terrifyingly Beautiful World of Computers and Code (Zed Shaw's Hard Way Series)
Lowest new price: $23.85
Lowest used price: $24.99
List price: $39.99
Author: Zed A. Shaw
Brand: Pearson Addison Wesley Prof
You Will Learn Python 3!
Zed Shaw has perfected the world’s best system for learning Python 3. Follow it and you will succeed—just like the millions of beginners Zed has taught to date! You bring the discipline, commitment, and persistence; the author supplies everything else.
In Learn Python 3 the Hard Way, you’ll learn Python by working through 52 brilliantly crafted exercises. Read them. Type their code precisely. (No copying and pasting!) Fix your mistakes. Watch the programs run. As you do, you’ll learn how a computer works; what good programs look like; and how to read, write, and think about code. Zed then teaches you even more in 5+ hours of video where he shows you how to break, fix, and debug your code—live, as he’s doing the exercises.
- Install a complete Python environment
- Organize and write code
- Fix and break code
- Basic mathematics
- Strings and text
- Interact with users
- Work with files
- Looping and logic
- Data structures using lists and dictionaries
- Program design
- Object-oriented programming
- Inheritance and composition
- Modules, classes, and objects
- Python packaging
- Automated testing
- Basic game development
- Basic web development
It’ll be hard at first. But soon, you’ll just get it—and that will feel great! This course will reward you for every minute you put into it. Soon, you’ll know one of the world’s most powerful, popular programming languages. You’ll be a Python programmer.
This Book Is Perfect For
- Total beginners with zero programming experience
- Junior developers who know one or two languages
- Returning professionals who haven’t written code in years
- Seasoned professionals looking for a fast, simple, crash course in Python 3
- Pearson Addison Wesley Prof
|Instagram Secrets: The Underground Playbook for Growing Your Following Fast, Driving Massive Traffic & Generating Predictable Profits
Lowest new price: $17.97
Lowest used price: $15.78
List price: $19.97
Author: Jeremy McGilvrey
Instagram Secrets is NOT a book about getting likes and comments or which hashtags to use. Instead, the information found inside of the 21 chapters lays out a step-by-step formula for the two things online entrepreneurs care about most:
1. Building a large following FAST.
2. Converting those followers into DOLLARS.
The old way of being successful on social media meant that you had to spend a small fortune to build your following, then light your marketing dollars on fire trying to figure out Facebook ads.
Instagram Secrets completely demolishes the old way entrepreneurs were taught to use social media to grow their businesses. Now, anybody (even if you have ZERO Instagram followers) can generate an ENDLESS FLOOD of warm, cheap and targeted leads on demand. The warmer the lead, the easier the sale. The cheaper the lead, the higher the profit.
Wasting weeks or months on “testing” is now a thing of the past. You can now test your website, landing page, and sales funnels in just a few hours and make the necessary tweaks that will put you on the fast track to profitability.
There is a HUGE misconception about what it really means to be successful on social media: Having tons of followers is great, but it’s meaningless if it doesn’t make you money. Getting likes makes you feel good, but you can’t pay your bills with Instagram likes. Getting leads makes it seem like you are winning, but leads without sales are useless.
Those who LOSE on Instagram treat it like a popularity contest to fuel their ego. Winning on Instagram is simple: Just follow the blueprint Jeremy reveals in this book.
Will Instagram Secrets work for you? Yes. The pure gold packed from cover-to-cover in this book is not THEORY by the latest “Insta-Fake Guru.” The author, Jeremy McGilvrey wrote the book after learning DIRECTLY from Jason Stone, aka @Millionaire_Mentor who to date has 2.4 million followers, built and email list of 350,000 loyal subscribers and netted well over $2,000,000 using only Instagram.
Jeremy wrote Instagram Secrets the same way Napoleon Hill wrote the all-time personal development best seller Think and Grow Rich. Hill interviewed billionaire businessman Andrew Carnegie to learn the secrets behind how he achieved his unheard-of success and indestructible WEALTH. He then simplified Carnegie’s teachings into the first ever roadmap for attaining extraordinary financial success. Similarly, McGilvrey distilled Jason Stone’s vast knowledge into the most comprehensive book ever written for building a massive Instagram following and turning those followers into dollars.
Not only did McGilvrey STUDY with the best, he also APPLIED everything he learned from @Millionaire_Mentor to build two Instagram pages to a combined 312,567 followers in under 15 months, collect 35,456 email leads in 7 months and earn daily predictable profits from Instagram.
Instagram Secrets was written with the goal of helping entrepreneurs completely bypass the years of pain, suffering and failure associated with building a profitable business and help them to achieve massive online success in record time.
If you are looking for another cookie-cutter training about how to become Insta-Famous Instagram Secrets is not for you. But, if you are serious about using Instagram to grow your following fast, get leads, make sales and build a profitable business...Then pick up your copy of Instagram Secrets today.
|SEO 2018 Learn Search Engine Optimization With Smart Internet Marketing Strateg: Learn SEO with smart internet marketing strategies
Lowest new price: $16.19
List price: $17.99
Author: Adam Clarke
Brand: Adam Clarke Harper Collins
Learn SEO strategies to rank at the top of Google with SEO 2018
EXPANDED & UPDATED - MAY, 2018
No matter your background, SEO 2018 will walk you through search engine optimization techniques used to grow countless companies online, exact steps to rank high in Google, and how get a ton of customers with SEO. First, let me tell you a little secret about SEO marketing...
Most of the search engine optimization advice on the Internet is wrong!
If you've sifted through search engine optimization advice online, you may have noticed two things:
- Most published SEO advice is either outdated or just dead-wrong.
- Google's constant updates have made many popular SEO optimization strategies useless.
Why is this so? Google are constantly evolving. Recent changes:
1. March, 2018 - Google's game-changing "Mobile First Index" is rolled out, completely overhauling how the search results are calculated.
2. January, 2018 - Google announces the "Speed Update" rolling out in July, 2018—with significant impacts on sites with slow mobile load speeds.
3. September, 2017 - Google becomes Apple's default search provider for Siri, iOS search, and Spotlight search on Mac OS, providing a wave of new opportunities for businesses.
SEO 2018 is now updated covering the latest changes to Google's algorithm, and walks you through major updates and how to use them to your advantage. This book also reveals industry secrets about staying ahead of Google's algorithm, and potential Google changes coming up in 2018. With this best-selling SEO book, learn SEO from a fundamental level, achieve top rankings, and generate a wave of new customers to your site.
Discover powerful link building techniques experts use to get top rankings and generate massive traffic
Link building is the strongest factor for ranking high in Google. Unfortunately, most widely-used methods suck! This chapter walks you through new and powerful techniques that won't get you in hot-water with Google. Now expanded with more link building strategies, and extra tips for advanced readers.
You will also discover:
1. Important SEO concepts, from beginner to advanced.
2. Sneaky tricks to get local businesses ranking high with local SEO.
3. The inner workings of Google’s algorithm and how it calculates the search results.
4. How to find “money” keywords that will send customers to your site.
5. Basic and advanced link building strategies for pushing your rankings up higher.
6. Six insider sources to get expert SEO or Internet marketing advice worth thousands of dollars, for free.
7. How to use social media and web analytics to multiply your results.
8. 25+ powerful tools top Internet marketing experts use to automate search engine optimization, saving weeks of time and creating bigger results.
Sidestep the 2018 Google updates
Contrary to Internet marketing gossip, problems caused by Google updates are rarely irrecoverable—but you need the right knowledge. This book reveals:
- Inner mechanics of Google's algorithm, and how to rank your site at the top.
- Recent Google updates—Mobile First Index, Google Speed update, Google Hawk update, Google FRED update, and more...
- Potential updates coming up in 2018.
- Steps to recover from Google penalties.
And read the special bonus chapter on pay-per-click advertising
In this bonus, learn to quickly setup pay-per-click advertising campaigns with Google AdWords and send customers to your site overnight, literally.
One of the most comprehensive SEO optimization books ever published—updated and expanded—of all best-selling SEO books, this is the only one with everything you need.
Scroll up, click buy, and get started now!
- 500 Social Media Marketing Tips: Essential Advice, Hints and Strategy for Business: Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Google+, YouTube, Instagram, LinkedIn, and More!
- Ultimate Guide to Google AdWords: How to Access 100 Million People in 10 Minutes (Ultimate Series)
- The 1-Page Marketing Plan: Get New Customers, Make More Money, And Stand out From The Crowd
- SEO Fitness Workbook: 2018 Edition: The Seven Steps to Search Engine Optimization Success on Google
- 3 Months to No.1: The "No-Nonsense" SEO Playbook for Getting Your Website Found on Google
- Ultimate Guide to Facebook Advertising: How to Access 1 Billion Potential Customers in 10 Minutes (Ultimate Series)
- SEO 2018 (No-Bullsh*t) Strategy: The ULTIMATE Step-by-Step SEO Book: (Easy to Understand) Search Engine Optimization Guide to Execute SEO Successfully (No-BS SEO Strategy Guides)
- Social Media Marketing: Step by Step Instructions For Advertising Your Business on Facebook, Youtube, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, Linkedin and Various Other Platforms
- SEO for Growth: The Ultimate Guide for Marketers, Web Designers & Entrepreneurs
- The Complete Guide to Facebook Advertising
|The Self-Taught Programmer: The Definitive Guide to Programming Professionally
Lowest new price: $15.14
List price: $15.99
Author: Cory Althoff
I am a self-taught programmer. After a year of self-study, I learned to program well enough to land a job as a software engineer II at eBay. Once I got there, I realized I was severely under-prepared. I was overwhelmed by the amount of things I needed to know but hadn't learned yet. My journey learning to program, and my experience at my first job as a software engineer were the inspiration for this book.
This book is not just about learning to program; although you will learn to code. If you want to program professionally, it is not enough to learn to code; that is why, in addition to helping you learn to program, I also cover the rest of the things you need to know to program professionally that classes and books don't teach you. "The Self-taught Programmer" is a roadmap, a guide to take you from writing your first Python program, to passing your first technical interview. I divided the book into five sections:
1. Learn to program in Python 3 and build your first program.
2. Learn Object-oriented programming and create a powerful Python program to get you hooked.
3. Learn to use tools like Git, Bash, regular expressions and databases. Then use your new coding skills to build a web scraper.
4. Study Computer Science fundamentals like data structures and algorithms.
5. Finish with tips for working with a team and landing a programming job.
You CAN learn to program professionally. The path is there. Will you take it?
*NOTE This book was written for new programmers.
|Python Cookbook, Third edition
Lowest new price: $26.81
Lowest used price: $21.99
List price: $49.99
Author: David Beazley
If you need help writing programs in Python 3, or want to update older Python 2 code, this book is just the ticket. Packed with practical recipes written and tested with Python 3.3, this unique cookbook is for experienced Python programmers who want to focus on modern tools and idioms.
Inside, you’ll find complete recipes for more than a dozen topics, covering the core Python language as well as tasks common to a wide variety of application domains. Each recipe contains code samples you can use in your projects right away, along with a discussion about how and why the solution works.
- Data Structures and Algorithms
- Strings and Text
- Numbers, Dates, and Times
- Iterators and Generators
- Files and I/O
- Data Encoding and Processing
- Classes and Objects
- Modules and Packages
- Network and Web Programming
- Utility Scripting and System Administration
- Testing, Debugging, and Exceptions
- C Extensions
Page 4 of 4375
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED AS IS AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.