|Browse by Catagory:
Civil Rights & Liberties
War & Peace
Cajun & Creole Cooking
Caribbean & West Indian Cooking
Diabetic & Sugar-Free Cooking
Low Fat Cooking
Middle Eastern Cooking
Pacific Rim Cooking
Home & Garden
Literature & Fiction
Sheet Music & Scores
Environmental & Natural Resources Law
Ethics & Professional Responsibility
Procedures & Litigation
Water Supply & Land Use
Lawyer and Crimal Humor
Outdoors & Nature
Hiking & Camping
Hunting & Fishing
Beer & Beer Making
Health & Fitness
Diets & Weight Loss
Children's Science & Nature
Vitamins & Supplements
Psychology and Counseling
Philosophy of Psychology
Physiological Aspects of Psychology
Psychology of Sexuality
Psychology Testing & Measurement
Chaos & Systems
Geometry & Topology
Logic & Brain Teasers
Chaos & Systems
Geometry & Topology
Probability & Statistics
Experiments, Instruments & Measurement
Chaos & Systems
Fusion & Fission
Nuclear Magnetic Resonance
Waves & Wave Mechanics
Administration & Policy
Allied Health Professions
Medical Education & Training
Endocrinology & Metabolism
Physician & Patient
Insects & Spiders
Fish & Aquariums
Mobile & Wireless Computing: Programming
Linux Kernel & Peripherals
Linux Networking & Administration
State & Local History
Sci Fi Calendars
Bujold, Lois McMaster
Card, Orson Scott
Chalker, Jack L.
Heinlein, Robert A.
McKillip, Patricia A.
Nye, Jody Lynn
|Python Data Science Handbook: Essential Tools for Working with Data
Lowest new price: $27.00
Lowest used price: $25.48
List price: $59.99
Author: Jake VanderPlas
Brand: Jake VanderPlas
For many researchers, Python is a first-class tool mainly because of its libraries for storing, manipulating, and gaining insight from data. Several resources exist for individual pieces of this data science stack, but only with the Python Data Science Handbook do you get them all—IPython, NumPy, Pandas, Matplotlib, Scikit-Learn, and other related tools.
Working scientists and data crunchers familiar with reading and writing Python code will find this comprehensive desk reference ideal for tackling day-to-day issues: manipulating, transforming, and cleaning data; visualizing different types of data; and using data to build statistical or machine learning models. Quite simply, this is the must-have reference for scientific computing in Python.
With this handbook, you’ll learn how to use:
- IPython and Jupyter: provide computational environments for data scientists using Python
- NumPy: includes the ndarray for efficient storage and manipulation of dense data arrays in Python
- Pandas: features the DataFrame for efficient storage and manipulation of labeled/columnar data in Python
- Matplotlib: includes capabilities for a flexible range of data visualizations in Python
- Scikit-Learn: for efficient and clean Python implementations of the most important and established machine learning algorithms
- Python Data Science Handbook Essential Tools for Working with Data
- Python for Data Analysis: Data Wrangling with Pandas, NumPy, and IPython
- Hands-On Machine Learning with Scikit-Learn and TensorFlow: Concepts, Tools, and Techniques to Build Intelligent Systems
- Data Science from Scratch: First Principles with Python
- Practical Statistics for Data Scientists: 50 Essential Concepts
- Introduction to Machine Learning with Python: A Guide for Data Scientists
- R for Data Science: Import, Tidy, Transform, Visualize, and Model Data
- Python Cookbook, Third edition
- Python Machine Learning: Machine Learning and Deep Learning with Python, scikit-learn, and TensorFlow, 2nd Edition
- Web Scraping with Python: Collecting Data from the Modern Web
- Fluent Python: Clear, Concise, and Effective Programming
|Python Programming: An Introduction to Computer Science, 3rd Ed.
Lowest new price: $40.00
Lowest used price: $38.91
List price: $45.00
Author: John Zelle
This third edition of John Zelle's Python Programming continues the tradition of updating the text to reflect new technologies while maintaining a time-tested approach to teaching introductory computer science. An important change to this edition is the removal of most uses of eval and the addition of a discussion of its dangers. In our increasingly connected world, it's never too early to begin considering computer security issues. This edition also uses several new graphics examples, developed throughout chapters 4-12.
- Python Programming An Introduction to Computer Science
|The New Rules of Marketing and PR: How to Use Social Media, Online Video, Mobile Applications, Blogs, News Releases, and Viral Marketing to Reach Buyers Directly
Lowest new price: $15.73
Lowest used price: $14.25
List price: $24.00
Author: David Meerman Scott
The international bestseller—now in a new edition
When it comes to marketing, anything goes in the Digital Age, right? Well, not quite. While marketing and public relations tactics do seem to change overnight, every smart businessperson knows that it takes a lot more than the 'next big thing.'
The New Rules of Marketing & PR is an international bestseller with more than 375,000 copies sold in twenty-nine languages. In the latest edition of this pioneering guide to the future of marketing, you'll get a step-by-step action plan for leveraging the power of the latest approaches to generating attention for your idea or your business. You'll learn how get the right information to the right people at the right time—at a fraction of the cost of traditional advertising.
The Internet continues to change the way people communicate and interact with each other, and if you're struggling to keep up with what's trending in social media, online videos, apps, blogs, or more, your product or service is bound to get lost in the ether. In The New Rules of Marketing & PR, you'll get access to the tried-and-true rules that will keep you ahead of the curve when using the latest and greatest digital spaces to their fullest PR, marketing, and customer-communications potential. Keeping in mind that your audience is savvy and crunched for time, this essential guide shows you how to cut through the online clutter to ensure that your message gets seen and heard.
- Serves as the ideal resource for entrepreneurs, business owners, marketers, PR professionals, and non-profit managers
- Offers a wealth of compelling case studies and real-world examples
- Includes information on new platforms including Facebook Live and Snapchat
- Shows both small and large organizations how to best use Web-based communication
Finally, everything you need to speak directly to your audience and establish a personal link with those who make your business work is in one place.
|How to Write Copy That Sells: The Step-By-Step System for More Sales, to More Customers, More Often
Lowest new price: $11.55
Lowest used price: $9.00
List price: $17.95
Author: Ray Edwards
Brand: Edwards Ray
Writing copy that sells without seeming “salesy” can be tough, but is an essential business skill. How To Write Copy That Sells is a step-by-step guide to writing fast, easy-to-read, effective copy. It's for everyone who needs to write copy that brings in cash – including copywriters, freelancers, and entrepreneurs.
Inside, you'll find copywriting techniques for email marketing, web sites, social media, sales pages, ads, and direct mail.
You'll also discover:
- The universal hidden structure behind all persuasive copy.
- How to avoid the most common copywriting mistakes.
- A simple technique for writing copy that’s easy to read.
- How to write powerful short copy for social media.
- Sample headlines, bullet points, and openings – yours to “swipe” and use as your own!
- Tons of templates, examples, and checklists guaranteed to improve your copy.
- ...And much, much more! Writing Copy That Sells is your indispensable guide to creating fresh, fast, effective copy that generates sales like magic.
- How to Write Copy That Sells The Step By Step System for More Sales to More Customers More Often
|The Everything Store: Jeff Bezos and the Age of Amazon
Lowest new price: $11.89
Lowest used price: $3.99
List price: $28.00
Author: Brad Stone
Brand: Brad Stone
Story about Amazon
- The Everything Store Jeff Bezos and the Age of Amazon
|The Conversion Code: Capture Internet Leads, Create Quality Appointments, Close More Sales
Lowest new price: $10.41
Lowest used price: $12.56
List price: $25.00
Author: Chris Smith
Brand: Smith Chris
"If you need more traffic, leads and sales, you need The Conversion Code."
Neil Patel co-founder Crazy Egg
"We've helped 11,000+ businesses generate more than 31 million leads and consider The Conversion Code a must read."
Oli Gardner co-founder Unbounce
"We'd been closing 55% of our qualified appointments. We increased that to 76% as a direct result of implementing The Conversion Code."
Dan Stewart CEO Happy Grasshopper
"The strategies in The Conversion Code are highly effective and immediately helped our entire sales team. The book explains the science behind selling in a way that is simple to remember and easy to implement."
Steve Pacinelli CMO BombBomb
Capture and close more Internet leads with a new sales script and powerful marketing templates
The Conversion Code provides a step-by-step blueprint for increasing sales in the modern, Internet-driven era. Today's consumers are savvy, and they have more options than ever before. Capturing their attention and turning it into revenue requires a whole new approach to marketing and sales. This book provides clear guidance toward conquering the new paradigm shift towards online lead generation and inside sales. You'll learn how to capture those invaluable Internet leads, convert them into appointments, and close more deals. Regardless of product or industry, this proven process will increase both the quantity and quality of leads and put your sales figures on the rise.
Traditional sales and marketing advice is becoming less and less relevant as today's consumers are spending much more time online, and salespeople are calling, emailing, and texting leads instead of meeting them in person. This book shows you where to find them, how to engage them, and how to position your company as the ideal solution to their needs.
The business world is moving away from "belly-to-belly" interactions and traditional advertising. Companies are forced to engage with prospective customers first online—the vast majority through social media, mobile apps, blogs, and live chat—before ever meeting in person. Yesterday's marketing advice no longer applies to today's tech savvy, mobile-first, social media-addicted consumer, and the new sales environment demands that you meet consumers where they are and close them, quickly. The Conversion Code gives you an actionable blueprint for capturing Internet leads and turning them into customers.
- Engage with consumers more effectively online
- Leverage the strengths of social media, apps, and blogs to capture more leads for less money
- Convert more Internet leads into real-world prospects and sales appointments
- Make connections on every call and learn the exact words that close more sales
- The Conversion Code Capture Internet Leads Create Quality Appointments Close More Sales
|Web Development and Design Foundations with HTML5 (8th Edition)
Lowest new price: $111.00
Lowest used price: $61.47
List price: $132.20
Author: Terry Felke-Morris
Brand: Felke Morris Terry
For courses in web development and design.
A Comprehensive, Well-Rounded Intro to Web Development and Design
- Web Development and Design Foundations with HTML5
|Ultimate Guide to Google AdWords: How to Access 100 Million People in 10 Minutes (Ultimate Series)
Lowest new price: $15.67
Lowest used price: $17.69
List price: $24.95
Author: Perry Marshall
Covering the latest breaking news in Google AdWords, the fifth edition introduces revised, expanded and new chapters covering Enhanced Campaigns, Google AdWord’s Express, Google’s Product Listing Ads, and the introduction to Google’s Universal Analytics. Nuances in Big Data advertising are also revealed and expanded sections and necessary updates have been added throughout. Powerful bidding strategies using remarketing lists for search ads New ad extension features Automation capabilities using AdWords scripts Bonus Online Content that includes links to dozens of resources and tutorials covering: registering a domain name, setting up a website, selecting an email service, choosing a shopping cart service, finding products to sell, and starting up an Google AdWords account
Updates specific to this edition include:
Readers are given the latest information paired with current screenshots, fresh examples, and new techniques. Coached by AdWords experts Perry Marshall, Mike Rhodes, and Bryan Todd advertisers learn how to build an aggressive, streamlined AdWords campaign proven to increase their search engine visibility, consistently capture clicks, double their website traffic, and increase their sales. Whether a current advertiser or new to AdWords, this guide is a necessary handbook.
|Java: A Beginner's Guide, Seventh Edition
Lowest new price: $23.59
Lowest used price: $20.35
List price: $40.00
Author: Herbert Schildt
Brand: Schildt Herbert
Up-to-Date, Essential Java Programming Skills―Made Easy!
Fully updated for Java Platform, Standard Edition 9 (Java SE 9), Java: A Beginner’s Guide, Seventh Edition, gets you started programming in Java right away. Bestselling programming author Herb Schildt begins with the basics, such as how to create, compile, and run a Java program. He then moves on to the keywords, syntax, and constructs that form the core of the Java language. The book also covers some of Java’s more advanced features, including multithreaded programming, generics, lambda expressions, Swing, and JavaFX. This practical Oracle Press guide features details on Java SE 9’s innovative new module system, and, as an added bonus, it includes an introduction to JShell, Java’s new interactive programming tool.
Designed for Easy Learning:
• Key Skills and Concepts―Chapter-opening lists of specific skills covered in the chapter
• Ask the Expert―Q&A sections filled with bonus information and helpful tips
• Try This―Hands-on exercises that show you how to apply your skills
• Self Tests―End-of-chapter quizzes to reinforce your skills
• Annotated Syntax―Example code with commentary that describes the programming techniques being illustrated
- Java A Beginner s Guide Seventh Edition
|Java: The Complete Reference, Tenth Edition (Complete Reference Series)
Lowest new price: $36.30
Lowest used price: $36.65
List price: $60.00
Author: Herbert Schildt
Brand: Schildt Herbert
The Definitive Java Programming Guide
Fully updated for Java SE 9, Java: The Complete Reference, Tenth Edition explains how to develop, compile, debug, and run Java programs. Bestselling programming author Herb Schildt covers the entire Java language, including its syntax, keywords, and fundamental programming principles. You'll also find information on key portions of the Java API library, such as I/O, the Collections Framework, the stream library, and the concurrency utilities. Swing, JavaFX, JavaBeans, and servlets are examined and numerous examples demonstrate Java in action. Of course, the new module system added by Java SE 9 is discussed in detail. This Oracle Press resource also offers an introduction to JShell, Java’s new interactive programming tool.
•Data types, variables, arrays, and operators
•Classes, objects, and methods
•Method overloading and overriding
•Interfaces and packages
•Enumerations, autoboxing, and annotations
•The I/O classes
•The Collections Framework
•Swing and JavaFX
•The Concurrent API
•The Stream API
•Much, much more
Code examples in the book are available for download at www.OraclePressBooks.com.
TAG: For a complete list of Oracle Press titles, visit www.OraclePressBooks.com.
- Java The Complete Reference Tenth Edition
Page 5 of 4266
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED AS IS AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.