|Browse by Catagory:
Civil Rights & Liberties
War & Peace
Cajun & Creole Cooking
Caribbean & West Indian Cooking
Diabetic & Sugar-Free Cooking
Low Fat Cooking
Middle Eastern Cooking
Pacific Rim Cooking
Home & Garden
Literature & Fiction
Sheet Music & Scores
Environmental & Natural Resources Law
Ethics & Professional Responsibility
Procedures & Litigation
Water Supply & Land Use
Lawyer and Crimal Humor
Outdoors & Nature
Hiking & Camping
Hunting & Fishing
Beer & Beer Making
Health & Fitness
Diets & Weight Loss
Children's Science & Nature
Vitamins & Supplements
Psychology and Counseling
Philosophy of Psychology
Physiological Aspects of Psychology
Psychology of Sexuality
Psychology Testing & Measurement
Chaos & Systems
Geometry & Topology
Logic & Brain Teasers
Chaos & Systems
Geometry & Topology
Probability & Statistics
Experiments, Instruments & Measurement
Chaos & Systems
Fusion & Fission
Nuclear Magnetic Resonance
Waves & Wave Mechanics
Administration & Policy
Allied Health Professions
Medical Education & Training
Endocrinology & Metabolism
Physician & Patient
Insects & Spiders
Fish & Aquariums
Mobile & Wireless Computing: Programming
Linux Kernel & Peripherals
Linux Networking & Administration
State & Local History
Sci Fi Calendars
Bujold, Lois McMaster
Card, Orson Scott
Chalker, Jack L.
Heinlein, Robert A.
McKillip, Patricia A.
Nye, Jody Lynn
|Python Pocket Reference: Python In Your Pocket (Pocket Reference (O'Reilly))
Lowest new price: $5.66
Lowest used price: $4.16
List price: $14.99
Author: Mark Lutz
Updated for both Python 3.4 and 2.7, this convenient pocket guide is the perfect on-the-job quick reference. You’ll find concise, need-to-know information on Python types and statements, special method names, built-in functions and exceptions, commonly used standard library modules, and other prominent Python tools. The handy index lets you pinpoint exactly what you need.
Written by Mark Lutz—widely recognized as the world’s leading Python trainer—Python Pocket Reference is an ideal companion to O’Reilly’s classic Python tutorials, Learning Python and Programming Python, also written by Mark.
This fifth edition covers:
- Built-in object types, including numbers, lists, dictionaries, and more
- Statements and syntax for creating and processing objects
- Functions and modules for structuring and reusing code
- Python’s object-oriented programming tools
- Built-in functions, exceptions, and attributes
- Special operator overloading methods
- Widely used standard library modules and extensions
- Command-line options and development tools
- Python idioms and hints
- The Python SQL Database API
|Java: A Beginner's Guide, Seventh Edition
Lowest new price: $24.33
Lowest used price: $19.95
List price: $40.00
Author: Herbert Schildt
Brand: MCGRAW HILL
Up-to-Date, Essential Java Programming Skills―Made Easy!
Supplement for key JDK 10 new features available from book's Downloads & Resources page at OraclePressBooks.com.
Fully updated for Java Platform, Standard Edition 9 (Java SE 9), Java: A Beginner’s Guide, Seventh Edition, gets you started programming in Java right away. Bestselling programming author Herb Schildt begins with the basics, such as how to create, compile, and run a Java program. He then moves on to the keywords, syntax, and constructs that form the core of the Java language. The book also covers some of Java’s more advanced features, including multithreaded programming, generics, lambda expressions, Swing, and JavaFX. This practical Oracle Press guide features details on Java SE 9’s innovative new module system, and, as an added bonus, it includes an introduction to JShell, Java’s new interactive programming tool.
Designed for Easy Learning:
• Key Skills and Concepts―Chapter-opening lists of specific skills covered in the chapter
• Ask the Expert―Q&A sections filled with bonus information and helpful tips
• Try This―Hands-on exercises that show you how to apply your skills
• Self Tests―End-of-chapter quizzes to reinforce your skills
• Annotated Syntax―Example code with commentary that describes the programming techniques being illustrated
|The Self-Taught Programmer: The Definitive Guide to Programming Professionally
Lowest new price: $18.04
Lowest used price: $17.97
List price: $18.99
Author: Cory Althoff
I am a self-taught programmer. After a year of self-study, I learned to program well enough to land a job as a software engineer II at eBay. Once I got there, I realized I was severely under-prepared. I was overwhelmed by the amount of things I needed to know but hadn't learned yet. My journey learning to program, and my experience at my first job as a software engineer were the inspiration for this book.
This book is not just about learning to program; although you will learn to code. If you want to program professionally, it is not enough to learn to code; that is why, in addition to helping you learn to program, I also cover the rest of the things you need to know to program professionally that classes and books don't teach you. "The Self-taught Programmer" is a roadmap, a guide to take you from writing your first Python program, to passing your first technical interview. I divided the book into five sections:
1. Learn to program in Python 3 and build your first program.
2. Learn Object-oriented programming and create a powerful Python program to get you hooked.
3. Learn to use tools like Git, Bash, regular expressions and databases. Then use your new coding skills to build a web scraper.
4. Study Computer Science fundamentals like data structures and algorithms.
5. Finish with tips for working with a team and landing a programming job.
You CAN learn to program professionally. The path is there. Will you take it?
*NOTE This book was written for new programmers.
|Building Microservices: Designing Fine-Grained Systems
Lowest new price: $23.99
Lowest used price: $17.00
List price: $49.99
Author: Sam Newman
Distributed systems have become more fine-grained in the past 10 years, shifting from code-heavy monolithic applications to smaller, self-contained microservices. But developing these systems brings its own set of headaches. With lots of examples and practical advice, this book takes a holistic view of the topics that system architects and administrators must consider when building, managing, and evolving microservice architectures.
Microservice technologies are moving quickly. Author Sam Newman provides you with a firm grounding in the concepts while diving into current solutions for modeling, integrating, testing, deploying, and monitoring your own autonomous services. You’ll follow a fictional company throughout the book to learn how building a microservice architecture affects a single domain.
- Discover how microservices allow you to align your system design with your organization’s goals
- Learn options for integrating a service with the rest of your system
- Take an incremental approach when splitting monolithic codebases
- Deploy individual microservices through continuous integration
- Examine the complexities of testing and monitoring distributed services
- Manage security with user-to-service and service-to-service models
- Understand the challenges of scaling microservice architectures
|SEO 2018 Learn Search Engine Optimization With Smart Internet Marketing Strateg: Learn SEO with smart internet marketing strategies
Lowest new price: $15.27
Lowest used price: $22.98
List price: $16.97
Author: Adam Clarke
Brand: Adam Clarke Harper Collins
Learn SEO strategies to rank at the top of Google with SEO 2018
EXPANDED & UPDATED - SEPTEMBER, 2018
No matter your background, SEO 2018 will walk you through search engine optimization techniques used to grow countless companies online, exact steps to rank high in Google, and how get a ton of customers with SEO. First, let me tell you a little secret about SEO marketing...
Most of the search engine optimization advice on the Internet is wrong!
If you've sifted through search engine optimization advice online, you may have noticed two things:
- Most published SEO advice is either outdated or just dead-wrong.
- Google's constant updates have made many popular SEO optimization strategies useless.
Why is this so? Google are constantly evolving. Recent changes:
1. August, 2018 - Google releases an industry changing update, with some sites showing up to 50% decreases or increases in traffic, later titled the "Medic Update" or "Your Money or Your Life Update."
2. July, 2018 - Google announce's Speakable markup, making it easier than ever to target voice search results.
3. March, 2018 - Google's game-changing "Mobile First Index" is rolled out, completely overhauling how the search results are calculated.
SEO 2018 is now updated covering new changes to Google's algorithm, and walks you through major updates and how to use them to your advantage. This book also reveals industry secrets to stay ahead of Google's algorithm, and potential Google changes coming up in 2018. With this best-selling SEO book, learn SEO from a fundamental level, achieve top rankings, and generate a wave of new customers to your site.
Discover powerful link building techniques experts use to get top rankings and generate massive traffic
Link building is the strongest factor for ranking high in Google. Unfortunately, most widely-used methods suck! This chapter walks you through new and powerful techniques that won't get you in hot-water with Google. Now expanded with more link building strategies, and extra tips for advanced readers.
You will also discover:
1. Important SEO concepts, from beginner to advanced.
2. Sneaky tricks to get local businesses ranking high with local SEO.
3. The inner workings of Google’s algorithm and how it calculates the search results.
4. How to find “money” keywords that will send customers to your site.
5. Basic and advanced link building strategies for pushing your rankings up higher.
6. Six insider sources to get expert SEO or Internet marketing advice worth thousands of dollars, for free.
7. How to use social media and web analytics to multiply your results.
8. 25+ powerful tools top Internet marketing experts use to automate search engine optimization, saving weeks of time and creating bigger results.
Sidestep the 2018 Google updates
Contrary to Internet marketing gossip, problems caused by Google updates are rarely irrecoverable—but you need the right knowledge. This book reveals:
- Inner mechanics of Google's algorithm, and how to rank your site at the top.
- Recent Google updates—Mobile First Index, Google Speed update, Google Hawk update, Google FRED update, and more...
- Potential updates coming up in 2018.
- Steps to recover from Google penalties.
And read the special bonus chapter on pay-per-click advertising
In this bonus, learn to quickly setup pay-per-click advertising campaigns with Google AdWords and send customers to your site overnight, literally.
One of the most comprehensive SEO optimization books ever published—updated and expanded—of all best-selling SEO books, this is the only one with everything you need.
Scroll up, click buy, and get started now!
- 500 Social Media Marketing Tips: Essential Advice, Hints and Strategy for Business: Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Google+, YouTube, Instagram, LinkedIn, and More!
- 3 Months to No.1: The "No-Nonsense" SEO Playbook for Getting Your Website Found on Google
- SEO Fitness Workbook: 2018 Edition: The Seven Steps to Search Engine Optimization Success on Google
- Ultimate Guide to Google AdWords: How to Access 100 Million People in 10 Minutes (Ultimate Series)
- The 1-Page Marketing Plan: Get New Customers, Make More Money, And Stand out From The Crowd
- Ultimate Guide to Facebook Advertising: How to Access 1 Billion Potential Customers in 10 Minutes (Ultimate Series)
- SEO 2018 (No-Bullsh*t) Strategy: The ULTIMATE Step-by-Step SEO Book: (Easy to Understand) Search Engine Optimization Guide to Execute SEO Successfully (No-BS SEO Strategy Guides)
- Social Media Marketing Workbook: 2018 Edition - How to Use Social Media for Business
- The 7 Critical Principles of Effective Digital Marketing
- Digital Marketing For Dummies (For Dummies (Business & Personal Finance))
|White Space Is Not Your Enemy: A Beginner's Guide to Communicating Visually Through Graphic, Web & Multimedia Design
Lowest new price: $29.02
Lowest used price: $23.62
List price: $41.95
Author: Kim Golombisky
Brand: AK Peters
White Space Is Not Your Enemy is a practical graphic design and layout guide that introduces concepts and practices necessary for producing effective visual communication across a variety of formats―from web to print. Sections on Gestalt theory, color theory, and WET layout are expanded to offer more in-depth content on those topics. This new edition features new covering current trends in web design―Mobile-first, UI/UX design, and web typography―and how they affect a designer’s approach to a project. The entire book will receive an update using new examples and images that show a more diverse set of graphics that go beyond print and web and focus on tablet, mobile and advertising designs.
|Data Science from Scratch: First Principles with Python
Lowest new price: $23.30
Lowest used price: $11.09
List price: $39.99
Author: Joel Grus
Brand: O'Reilly Media
Data science libraries, frameworks, modules, and toolkits are great for doing data science, but they’re also a good way to dive into the discipline without actually understanding data science. In this book, you’ll learn how many of the most fundamental data science tools and algorithms work by implementing them from scratch.
If you have an aptitude for mathematics and some programming skills, author Joel Grus will help you get comfortable with the math and statistics at the core of data science, and with hacking skills you need to get started as a data scientist. Today’s messy glut of data holds answers to questions no one’s even thought to ask. This book provides you with the know-how to dig those answers out.
- Get a crash course in Python
- Learn the basics of linear algebra, statistics, and probability—and understand how and when they're used in data science
- Collect, explore, clean, munge, and manipulate data
- Dive into the fundamentals of machine learning
- Implement models such as k-nearest Neighbors, Naive Bayes, linear and logistic regression, decision trees, neural networks, and clustering
- Explore recommender systems, natural language processing, network analysis, MapReduce, and databases
|Head First Python: A Brain-Friendly Guide
Lowest new price: $18.26
Lowest used price: $17.99
List price: $49.99
Author: Paul Barry
Brand: O'Reilly Media
Want to learn the Python language without slogging your way through how-to manuals? With Head First Python, you’ll quickly grasp Python’s fundamentals, working with the built-in data structures and functions. Then you’ll move on to building your very own webapp, exploring database management, exception handling, and data wrangling. If you’re intrigued by what you can do with context managers, decorators, comprehensions, and generators, it’s all here. This second edition is a complete learning experience that will help you become a bonafide Python programmer in no time.
Why does this book look so different? Based on the latest research in cognitive science and learning theory, Head First Pythonuses a visually rich format to engage your mind, rather than a text-heavy approach that puts you to sleep. Why waste your time struggling with new concepts? This multi-sensory learning experience is designed for the way your brain really works.
|Shelly Cashman Series Microsoft Office 365 & Excel 2016: Comprehensive
Lowest new price: $111.65
Lowest used price: $62.44
List price: $149.95
Author: Steven M. Freund
Discover all of the advancements that Microsoft Office and Excel 2016 have to offer with MICROSOFT OFFICE 365 & EXCEL 2016: COMPREHENSIVE -- the new edition in the acclaimed Shelly Cashman Series. For more than three decades, the Shelly Cashman Series has effectively introduced advanced computer skills to millions of students like you. MICROSOFT OFFICE 365 & EXCEL 2016: COMPREHENSIVE provides an enhanced learning approach to help you master all aspects of Excel 2016, no matter what your learning style. A trademark, step-by-step, screen-by-screen approach encourages you to expand your understanding of Microsoft Excel 2016 through experimentation, critical thought, and personalization. This new edition delivers effective educational materials specifically designed to introduce more advanced features, improve retention, and prepare you for success in using MS Office and Excel 2016.
|The Practice of Computing Using Python (3rd Edition)
Lowest new price: $129.00
Lowest used price: $108.63
List price: $129.00
Author: William F. Punch
For courses in Python Programming
Introduces Python programming with an emphasis on problem-solving
Now in its Third Edition, Practice of Computing Using Python continues to effectively introduce readers to computational thinking using Python, with a strong emphasis on problem solving through computer science. The authors have chosen Python for its simplicity, powerful built-in data structures, advanced control constructs, and practicality. The text is built from the ground up for Python programming, rather than having been translated from Java or C++.
Focusing on data manipulation and analysis as a theme, the text allows readers to work on real problems using Internet-sourced or self-generated data sets that represent their own work and interests. The authors also emphasize program development and provide readers of all backgrounds with a practical foundation in programming that suit their needs. Among other changes, the Third Edition incorporates a switch to the Anaconda distribution, the SPYDER IDE, and a focus on debugging and GUIs.
Also available with MyProgrammingLab™
MyProgrammingLab is an online learning system designed to engage students and improve results. MyProgrammingLab consists of a set of programming exercises correlated to specific Pearson CS1/Intro to Programming textbooks. Through practice exercises and immediate, personalized feedback, MyProgrammingLab improves the programming competence of beginning students who often struggle with the basic concepts of programming languages.
Note: You are purchasing a standalone product; MyLab™ & Mastering™ does not come packaged with this content. Students, if interested in purchasing this title with MyLab & Mastering, ask your instructor for the correct package ISBN and Course ID. Instructors, contact your Pearson representative for more information.
If you would like to purchase boththe physical text and MyLab & Mastering, search for:
0134520513 / 9780134520513 The Practice of Computing Using Python plus MyProgrammingLab with Pearson eText -- Access Card Package, 3/e
Package consists of:
- 0134381327 / 9780134381329 MyProgrammingLab with Pearson eText -- Access Card Package
- 0134379764 / 9780134379760 The Practice of Computing Using Python, 3/e
Page 5 of 4443
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED AS IS AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.