|Browse by Catagory:
Civil Rights & Liberties
War & Peace
Cajun & Creole Cooking
Caribbean & West Indian Cooking
Diabetic & Sugar-Free Cooking
Low Fat Cooking
Middle Eastern Cooking
Pacific Rim Cooking
Home & Garden
Literature & Fiction
Sheet Music & Scores
Environmental & Natural Resources Law
Ethics & Professional Responsibility
Procedures & Litigation
Water Supply & Land Use
Lawyer and Crimal Humor
Outdoors & Nature
Hiking & Camping
Hunting & Fishing
Beer & Beer Making
Health & Fitness
Diets & Weight Loss
Children's Science & Nature
Vitamins & Supplements
Psychology and Counseling
Philosophy of Psychology
Physiological Aspects of Psychology
Psychology of Sexuality
Psychology Testing & Measurement
Chaos & Systems
Geometry & Topology
Logic & Brain Teasers
Chaos & Systems
Geometry & Topology
Probability & Statistics
Experiments, Instruments & Measurement
Chaos & Systems
Fusion & Fission
Nuclear Magnetic Resonance
Waves & Wave Mechanics
Administration & Policy
Allied Health Professions
Medical Education & Training
Endocrinology & Metabolism
Physician & Patient
Insects & Spiders
Fish & Aquariums
Mobile & Wireless Computing: Programming
Linux Kernel & Peripherals
Linux Networking & Administration
State & Local History
Sci Fi Calendars
Bujold, Lois McMaster
Card, Orson Scott
Chalker, Jack L.
Heinlein, Robert A.
McKillip, Patricia A.
Nye, Jody Lynn
Mobile & Wireless Computing: Programming
|Kotlin Programming: The Big Nerd Ranch Guide
Lowest new price: $27.35
Lowest used price: $30.61
List price: $44.99
Author: Josh Skeen
Kotlin is a statically typed programming language designed to interoperate with Java and fully supported by Google on the Android operating system.
Based on Big Nerd Ranch’s popular Kotlin Essentials course, this guide shows you how to work effectively with the Kotlin programming language through hands-on examples and clear explanations of key Kotlin concepts and foundational APIs. Written for Kotlin 1.2, this book will also introduce you to JetBrains’ IntelliJ IDEA development environment.
Whether you are an experienced Android developer looking for modern features beyond what Java offers or a new developer ready to learn your first programming language, the authors will guide you from first principles to advanced usage of Kotlin. By the end of this book, you will be empowered to create reliable, concise applications in Kotlin.
|Beginning PowerApps: The Non-Developers Guide to Building Business Mobile Applications
Lowest new price: $27.34
Lowest used price: $34.75
List price: $44.99
Author: Tim Leung
Build mobile apps that specifically target your company’s unique business needs, with the same ease of writing a simple spreadsheet! With this book, you will build business apps designed to work with your company's systems and databases, without having to enlist the expertise of costly, professionally trained software developers.
In Beginning PowerApps, author and business applications expert Tim Leung guides you step-by-step through the process of building your own mobile app. He assumes no technical background, although if you have worked with Excel, you are one step closer. He guides you through scenarios, such as what to do if you have existing databases with complex data structures and how to write screens that can connect to those data. You will come away with an understanding of how to set up screen navigation, manipulate data from within apps, and write solutions to perform specific tasks.
What You'll Learn
- Connect with data
- Write formulas
- Visualize your data through charts
- Work with global positioning systems (GPS)
- Build flows
- Import and export data
- Manage offline scenarios
- Develop custom application programming interfaces (API)
Who This Book Is For
Beginners and non-developers, and assumes no prior knowledge of PowerApps
|CSS: The Missing Manual
Lowest new price: $18.00
Lowest used price: $6.11
List price: $39.99
Author: David Sawyer McFarland
Brand: O Reilly Media
CSS lets you create professional-looking websites, but learning its finer points can be tricky—even for seasoned web developers. This fully updated edition provides the most modern and effective tips, tricks, and tutorial-based instruction on CSS available today. Learn how to use new tools such as Flexbox and Sass to build web pages that look great and run fast on any desktop or mobile device. Ideal for casual and experienced designers alike.
The important stuff you need to know:
- Start with the basics. Write CSS-friendly HTML, including the HTML5 tags recognized by today’s browsers.
- Design for mobile devices. Create web pages that look great when visitors use them on the go.
- Make your pages work for you. Add animations that capture the imagination, and forms that get the job done.
- Take control of page layouts. Use professional design techniques such as floats and positioning.
- Make your layouts more flexible. Design websites with Flexbox that adjust to different devices and screen sizes.
- Work more efficiently. Write less CSS code and work with smaller files, using Syntactically Awesome Stylesheets (Sass).
|Learn System Center Configuration Manager in a Month of Lunches
Lowest new price: $29.36
Lowest used price: $26.71
List price: $44.99
Author: James Bannan
Brand: Manning Publications
Learn System Center Configuration Manager in a Month of Lunches is a super-practical guide to Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager. In this book, you'll cut to the chase and learn the administrative procedures and techniques that will keep your systems humming smoothly.
Purchase of the print book comes with an offer of a free PDF, ePub, and Kindle eBook from Manning. Also available is all code from the book.
About the Technology
Businesses rely on a complex patchwork of client computers, physical and virtual servers, middleware, mobile devices, and cloud services. Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) sits in the middle of this mix, providing a single administrative control center to deploy and manage Windows servers and applications across your entire infrastructure, including cross-platform management of Mac OS X, Linux, and UNIX. To get up to speed with the day-to-day tasks of managing a system with ConfigMgr, all you need is this book—and a quiet place to eat your lunch.
About the Book
Learn System Center Configuration Manager in a Month of Lunches is a super-practical guide to Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager. In this book, you’ll cut to the chase and learn the administrative procedures and techniques that will keep your systems humming smoothly. Whether you’re a new sysadmin or you already understand the inner workings of Active Directory and Windows Server, you’ll be productive immediately as you work through the 22 self-contained lessons in this handy tutorial.
- Covers the latest build of Configuration Manager
- How to simplify updates, operating system deployment, and reporting
- Cross-platform and mobile management including Linux, OS X, and Windows
- Smart application delivery
About the Reader
No prior experience with System Center Configuration Manager needed.
About the Author
James Bannan is a Cloud and Datacenter Management MVP based in Australia.
Table of Contents
- Before you begin
- Setting up your lab environment
- Making ConfigMgr aware of your environment
- Managing ConfigMgr devices and users
- Organizing devices and users
- Configuring ConfigMgr clients
- Creating and configuring applications with the AppModel
- Deploying applications and packages to ConfigMgr clients
- Ensuring that ConfigMgr clients can access content
- Keeping ConfigMgr clients patched
- Preparing to deploy Windows
- Deploying Windows
- Advanced deployment of Windows with ConfigMgr and MDT
- Managing Linux clients
- Deploying to Linux and Mac clients
- Managing anti-malware with ConfigMgr
- Making sure clients are healthy
- Reporting in ConfigMgr
- Keeping an eye on your clients
- What to do when things go wrong
- Securing ConfigMgr
- All engines full steam ahead
|Swift Programming: The Big Nerd Ranch Guide (2nd Edition) (Big Nerd Ranch Guides)
Lowest new price: $24.48
Lowest used price: $22.49
List price: $44.99
Author: Matthew Mathias
Brand: Big Nerd Ranch Guides
Through the authors' carefully constructed explanations and examples, you will develop an understanding of Swift grammar and the elements of effective Swift style. This book is written for Swift 3.0 and will also show you how to navigate Xcode 8 and get the most out of Apple's documentation.
Throughout the book, the authors share their insights into Swift to ensure that you understand the hows and whys of Swift and can put that understanding to use in different contexts.
After working through the book, you will have the knowledge and confidence to develop your own solutions to a wide range of programming challenges using Swift.
|Learning Salesforce Lightning Application Development: Build and test Lightning Components for Salesforce Lightning Experience using Salesforce DX
Lowest new price: $34.99
Lowest used price: $45.70
List price: $34.99
Author: Mohith Shrivastava
Build, design, and style beautiful and informative applications on the Salesforce Lightning platform
- Build and Test Lightning Components that enhance application usability and adaptability
- Apply Security Best Practices to your Custom Lightning Components
- Design Lightning Components for Salesforce UIs such as Lightning Pages, Salesforce 1 Application, Communities, and more.
Built on the Salesforce App Cloud, the new Salesforce Lightning Experience combines three major components: Lightning Design System, Lightning App Builder, and Lightning Components, to provide an enhanced user experience. This book will enable you to quickly create modern, enterprise apps with Lightning Component Framework.
You will start by building simple Lightning Components and understanding the Lightning Components architecture. The chapters cover the basics of Lightning Component Framework semantics and syntax, the security features provided by Locker Service, and use of third-party libraries inside Lightning Components. The later chapters focus on debugging, performance tuning, testing using Lightning Testing Services, and how to publish Lightning Components on Salesforce AppExchange.
What you will learn
- Understand Lightning Components architecture
- Learn Locker security best practices
- Debug and Improve performance of your Lightning Components
- Use third-party libraries along with Lightning Component Framework
- Learn how to publish Lightning Components on AppExchange
- Use Lightning Out to take your Lightning Components outside the Salesforce platform
Who this book is for
Table of Contents
- Getting started with Lightning Component Framework
- Exploring Salesforce DX
- Working with Lightning Component Building Blocks
- Understanding Events In Lightning Component Framework
- Lightning Data Services and Base Components
- Performance Tuning Your Lightning Component
- Debugging Lightning Components
- Taking Lightning Components Outside Salesforce Using Lightning Out
- Lightning Flows
- Making Components Available For Salesforce Mobile and Communities
- Lightning Navigation and Lightning Console APIs
- Unit Testing Components Using Lightning Testing Service
- Publishing Lightning Components On AppExchange
|How to Design Programs: An Introduction to Programming and Computing (The MIT Press)
Lowest new price: $51.22
Lowest used price: $50.00
List price: $60.00
Author: Matthias Felleisen
A completely revised edition, offering new design recipes for interactive programs and support for images as plain values, testing, event-driven programming, and even distributed programming.
This introduction to programming places computer science at the core of a liberal arts education. Unlike other introductory books, it focuses on the program design process, presenting program design guidelines that show the reader how to analyze a problem statement, how to formulate concise goals, how to make up examples, how to develop an outline of the solution, how to finish the program, and how to test it. Because learning to design programs is about the study of principles and the acquisition of transferable skills, the text does not use an off-the-shelf industrial language but presents a tailor-made teaching language. For the same reason, it offers DrRacket, a programming environment for novices that supports playful, feedback-oriented learning. The environment grows with readers as they master the material in the book until it supports a full-fledged language for the whole spectrum of programming tasks.
This second edition has been completely revised. While the book continues to teach a systematic approach to program design, the second edition introduces different design recipes for interactive programs with graphical interfaces and batch programs. It also enriches its design recipes for functions with numerous new hints. Finally, the teaching languages and their IDE now come with support for images as plain values, testing, event-driven programming, and even distributed programming.
|Learning the bash Shell: Unix Shell Programming (In a Nutshell (O'Reilly))
Lowest new price: $19.19
Lowest used price: $6.29
List price: $34.95
Author: Cameron Newham
Brand: O'Reilly Media
O'Reilly's bestselling book on Linux's bash shell is at it again. Now that Linux is an established player both as a server and on the desktop Learning the bash Shell has been updated and refreshed to account for all the latest changes. Indeed, this third edition serves as the most valuable guide yet to the bash shell.As any good programmer knows, the first thing users of the Linux operating system come face to face with is the shell the UNIX term for a user interface to the system. In other words, it's what lets you communicate with the computer via the keyboard and display. Mastering the bash shell might sound fairly simple but it isn't. In truth, there are many complexities that need careful explanation, which is just what Learning the bash Shell provides.If you are new to shell programming, the book provides an excellent introduction, covering everything from the most basic to the most advanced features. And if you've been writing shell scripts for years, it offers a great way to find out what the new shell offers. Learning the bash Shell is also full of practical examples of shell commands and programs that will make everyday use of Linux that much easier. With this book, programmers will learn:
- How to install bash as your login shell
- The basics of interactive shell use, including UNIX file and directory structures, standard I/O, and background jobs
- Command line editing, history substitution, and key bindings
- How to customize your shell environment without programming
- The nuts and bolts of basic shell programming, flow control structures, command-line options and typed variables
- Process handling, from job control to processes, coroutines and subshells
- Debugging techniques, such as trace and verbose modes
- Techniques for implementing system-wide shell customization and features related to system security
|Microsoft Visual C# Step by Step (8th Edition) (Developer Reference)
Lowest new price: $34.55
Lowest used price: $31.09
List price: $54.99
Author: John Sharp
Your hands-on guide to Microsoft Visual C# fundamentals with Visual Studio 2015
Expand your expertise--and teach yourself the fundamentals of programming with the latest version of Visual C# with Visual Studio 2015. If you are an experienced software developer, you’ll get all the guidance, exercises, and code you need to start building responsive, scalable Windows 10 and Universal Windows Platform applications with Visual C#.
Discover how to:
- Quickly start creating Visual C# code and projects with Visual Studio 2015
- Work with variables, operators, expressions, and methods
- Control program flow with decision and iteration statements
- Build more robust apps with error, exception, and resource management
- Master the essentials of Visual C# object-oriented programming
- Use enumerations, structures, generics, collections, indexers, and other advanced features
- Create in-memory data queries with LINQ query expressions
- Improve application throughput and response time with asynchronous methods
- Decouple application logic and event handling
- Streamline development with new app templates
- Implement the Model-View-ViewModel (MVVM) pattern
- Build Universal Windows Platform apps that smoothly adapt to PCs, tablets, and Windows phones
- Integrate Microsoft Azure cloud databases and RESTful web services
- For software developers who are new to Visual C# or who are upgrading from older versions
- Readers should have experience with at least one programming language
- No prior Microsoft .NET or Visual Studio development experience required
|Angular: Up and Running: Learning Angular, Step by Step
Lowest new price: $26.47
Lowest used price: $25.05
List price: $49.99
Author: Shyam Seshadri
Author Shyam Seshadri takes you step-by-step through Angular’s core building blocks in detail. You’ll start by creating a simple Angular application before diving into Angular components, services, server calls, routing, and production requirements. By the end of the book, you’ll be ready to use Angular for your own applications.
- Set up your development environment to build Angular applications rapidly
- Use Angular directives to construct common functionality for your application
- Create and test Angular components for building effective user interfaces
- Manage user input by building template-driven and reactive forms
- Understand when to use built-in Angular services and when and how to create your own
- Make HTTP calls and handle use cases that surface when working with servers
- Use Angular’s routing module to encapsulate various pages and pieces using a different route
- Build an Angular application for production and learn how to deploy a performant Angular application
Page 2 of 302
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED AS IS AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.