|Browse by Catagory:
Civil Rights & Liberties
War & Peace
Cajun & Creole Cooking
Caribbean & West Indian Cooking
Diabetic & Sugar-Free Cooking
Low Fat Cooking
Middle Eastern Cooking
Pacific Rim Cooking
Home & Garden
Literature & Fiction
Sheet Music & Scores
Environmental & Natural Resources Law
Ethics & Professional Responsibility
Procedures & Litigation
Water Supply & Land Use
Lawyer and Crimal Humor
Outdoors & Nature
Hiking & Camping
Hunting & Fishing
Beer & Beer Making
Health & Fitness
Diets & Weight Loss
Children's Science & Nature
Vitamins & Supplements
Psychology and Counseling
Philosophy of Psychology
Physiological Aspects of Psychology
Psychology of Sexuality
Psychology Testing & Measurement
Chaos & Systems
Geometry & Topology
Logic & Brain Teasers
Chaos & Systems
Geometry & Topology
Probability & Statistics
Experiments, Instruments & Measurement
Chaos & Systems
Fusion & Fission
Nuclear Magnetic Resonance
Waves & Wave Mechanics
Administration & Policy
Allied Health Professions
Medical Education & Training
Endocrinology & Metabolism
Physician & Patient
Insects & Spiders
Fish & Aquariums
Mobile & Wireless Computing: Programming
Linux Kernel & Peripherals
Linux Networking & Administration
State & Local History
Sci Fi Calendars
Bujold, Lois McMaster
Card, Orson Scott
Chalker, Jack L.
Heinlein, Robert A.
McKillip, Patricia A.
Nye, Jody Lynn
Mobile & Wireless Computing: Programming
|Microsoft Visual Basic 2017 for Windows Applications: Introductory (Shelly Cashman)
Lowest new price: $124.58
Lowest used price: $82.67
List price: $179.95
Author: Corinne Hoisington
Prepare for the number one job in today's tech sector -- app development -- as you learn the essentials of Microsoft Visual Basic. The step-by-step, visual approach and professional programming opportunities in MICROSOFT VISUAL BASIC 2017 FOR WINDOWS APPLICATIONS: INTRODUCTORY lay the initial groundwork for a successful degree in IT programming. You gain a fundamental understanding of Windows programming for 2017. This edition's innovative approach blends visual demonstrations of professional-quality programs with in-depth discussions of today's most effective programming concepts and techniques. You practice what you've learned with numerous real programming assignments in each chapter that equip you to program independently at your best.
|CSS: The Missing Manual
Lowest new price: $18.00
Lowest used price: $5.14
List price: $39.99
Author: David Sawyer McFarland
Brand: O Reilly Media
CSS lets you create professional-looking websites, but learning its finer points can be tricky—even for seasoned web developers. This fully updated edition provides the most modern and effective tips, tricks, and tutorial-based instruction on CSS available today. Learn how to use new tools such as Flexbox and Sass to build web pages that look great and run fast on any desktop or mobile device. Ideal for casual and experienced designers alike.
The important stuff you need to know:
- Start with the basics. Write CSS-friendly HTML, including the HTML5 tags recognized by today’s browsers.
- Design for mobile devices. Create web pages that look great when visitors use them on the go.
- Make your pages work for you. Add animations that capture the imagination, and forms that get the job done.
- Take control of page layouts. Use professional design techniques such as floats and positioning.
- Make your layouts more flexible. Design websites with Flexbox that adjust to different devices and screen sizes.
- Work more efficiently. Write less CSS code and work with smaller files, using Syntactically Awesome Stylesheets (Sass).
|The Little Prover (The MIT Press)
Lowest new price: $30.19
Lowest used price: $14.98
List price: $38.00
Author: Daniel P. Friedman
An introduction to writing proofs about computer programs, written in an accessible question-and-answer style, complete with step-by-step examples and a simple proof assistant.
The Little Prover introduces inductive proofs as a way to determine facts about computer programs. It is written in an approachable, engaging style of question-and-answer, with the characteristic humor of The Little Schemer (fourth edition, MIT Press). Sometimes the best way to learn something is to sit down and do it; the book takes readers through step-by-step examples showing how to write inductive proofs. The Little Prover assumes only knowledge of recursive programs and lists (as presented in the first three chapters of The Little Schemer) and uses only a few terms beyond what novice programmers already know. The book comes with a simple proof assistant to help readers work through the book and complete solutions to every example.
|Android How to Program (3rd Edition)
Lowest new price: $152.25
Lowest used price: $87.00
List price: $158.20
Author: Paul J. Deitel
For courses in Android Programming.
Thinking like a developer — from the start.
Created by world-renowned programming instructors Paul and Harvey Deitel, Android How to Program, Third Edition introduces the dynamic world of Android smartphone and tablet app development with the Android Software Development Kit (SDK), the Java™ programming language, and the rapidly evolving Android Studio Integrated Development Environment (IDE). Updated to Android 6 and Google’s preferred Android Studio IDE, the Third Edition presents cutting-edge mobile computing technologies. The Deitels' App-driven Approach helps readers master Android app development through eight complete, working Android apps.
Each chapter features new concepts through a single app. The authors begin with an introduction to the app, followed by an app test-drive showing sample executions and a technologies overview. Next, they present detailed steps to build the app. Finally, they provide a detailed code walkthrough of the app’s source code, discussing the programming concepts and Android APIs used in the app. The book also has an extensive introduction to programming using the Java language, making it appropriate for Java courses that want to add an app-programming flavor.
|Beginner's Guide to iOS 11 App Development Using Swift 4: Xcode, Swift and App Design Fundamentals
Lowest new price: $14.53
Lowest used price: $14.48
List price: $14.99
Author: Serhan Yamacli
This book covers iOS 11 app design fundamentals using the latest Swift 4 programming language, Xcode 9 and iOS 11 SDK.
The author assumes you have no experience in app development. The book starts with the installation of the required programming environment and setting up the simulators. Then, the simplest "Hello World" app is developed step by step. In the next chapter, basics of the Swift 4 programming language are given with practical examples. Screenshots and code snippets are clearly given in the book to guide the reader. After the Swift lecture, 7 real world apps are developed again by step by step instructions. Each code line is explained. As the reader follows the development of the example apps, he/she will learn designing user interfaces, connecting interface objects to code, developing efficient Swift code and testing the app in simulators and real devices.
Sample apps developed in this book are as follows:
1. Disco lights app: Learn the basics of app development and use buttons in your code.
2. Body mass index (BMI) calculator app: Using input boxes, performing calculations and displaying the results on the screen.
3. Simple die roller app: Using random number generator functions, including image sets in your project, displaying images on the screen and changing the displayed image using Swift code.
4. Exercise calorie calculator app: Using global variables, creating tabbed apps and utilizing segmented controls.
5. Show my location app: Adding a map object to your app, setting required permissions, accessing GPS device and showing real time location on the map.
6. SOS sender app: Adding SMS functionality, setting required permissions and sending real time location using SMS.
7. Bounce the ball game: Basics of SpriteKit that is used to develop 2D iOS games, adding objects to the game, sensing screen touches, moving game objects according to touches, combining all these and more to develop a complete ball bouncing game.
This book includes 214 figures and 101 code snippets that are used to explain app development concepts clearly. Full resolution colour figures and complete project files can be viewed and downloaded from the the book's website: www.yamaclis.com/ios11.
|Microsoft Visual C# Step by Step (8th Edition) (Developer Reference)
Lowest new price: $34.51
Lowest used price: $30.49
List price: $54.99
Author: John Sharp
Brand: MICROSOFT PRESS
Your hands-on guide to Microsoft Visual C# fundamentals with Visual Studio 2015
Expand your expertise--and teach yourself the fundamentals of programming with the latest version of Visual C# with Visual Studio 2015. If you are an experienced software developer, you’ll get all the guidance, exercises, and code you need to start building responsive, scalable Windows 10 and Universal Windows Platform applications with Visual C#.
Discover how to:
- Quickly start creating Visual C# code and projects with Visual Studio 2015
- Work with variables, operators, expressions, and methods
- Control program flow with decision and iteration statements
- Build more robust apps with error, exception, and resource management
- Master the essentials of Visual C# object-oriented programming
- Use enumerations, structures, generics, collections, indexers, and other advanced features
- Create in-memory data queries with LINQ query expressions
- Improve application throughput and response time with asynchronous methods
- Decouple application logic and event handling
- Streamline development with new app templates
- Implement the Model-View-ViewModel (MVVM) pattern
- Build Universal Windows Platform apps that smoothly adapt to PCs, tablets, and Windows phones
- Integrate Microsoft Azure cloud databases and RESTful web services
- For software developers who are new to Visual C# or who are upgrading from older versions
- Readers should have experience with at least one programming language
- No prior Microsoft .NET or Visual Studio development experience required
|React Quickly: Painless web apps with React, JSX, Redux, and GraphQL
Lowest new price: $40.17
Lowest used price: $37.84
List price: $49.99
Author: Azat Mardan
React Quickly is for anyone who wants to learn React.js fast. This hands-on book teaches you the concepts you need with lots of examples, tutorials, and a large main project that gets built throughout the book.
Purchase of the print book includes a free eBook in PDF, Kindle, and ePub formats from Manning Publications.
About the Technology
About the Book
- Master React fundamentals
- Build full web apps with data and routing
- Test components
- Optimize React apps
About the Reader
About the Author
Table of Contens
PART 1 - REACT FOUNDATION
- Meeting React
- Baby steps with React
- Introduction to JSX
- Making React interactive with states
- React component lifecycle events
- Handling events in React
- Working with forms in React
- Scaling React components
- Project: Menu component
- Project: Tooltip component
- Project: Timer component
PART 2 - REACT ARCHITECTURE
- The Webpack build tool
- React routing
- Working with data using Redux
- Working with data using GraphQL
- Unit testing React with Jest
- Project: Building a bookstore with React Router
- Project: Checking passwords with Jest
- Project: Implementing autocomplete with Jest, Express, and MongoDB
- Appendix A - Installing applications used in this book
- Appendix B - React cheatsheet
- Appendix C - Express.js cheatsheet
- Appendix D - MongoDB and Mongoose cheatsheet
- Appendix E - ES6 for success
|Angular: Up and Running: Learning Angular, Step by Step
Lowest new price: $29.97
Lowest used price: $20.00
List price: $49.99
Author: Shyam Seshadri
Author Shyam Seshadri takes you step-by-step through Angular’s core building blocks in detail. You’ll start by creating a simple Angular application before diving into Angular components, services, server calls, routing, and production requirements. By the end of the book, you’ll be ready to use Angular for your own applications.
- Set up your development environment to build Angular applications rapidly
- Use Angular directives to construct common functionality for your application
- Create and test Angular components for building effective user interfaces
- Manage user input by building template-driven and reactive forms
- Understand when to use built-in Angular services and when and how to create your own
- Make HTTP calls and handle use cases that surface when working with servers
- Use Angular’s routing module to encapsulate various pages and pieces using a different route
- Build an Angular application for production and learn how to deploy a performant Angular application
|Agile Web Development with Rails 5.1
Lowest new price: $43.09
Lowest used price: $40.17
List price: $57.95
Author: Sam Ruby
Ruby on Rails helps you produce high-quality, beautiful-looking web applications quickly---you concentrate on creating the application, and Rails takes care of the details. Rails 5.1 brings many improvements, and this edition is updated to cover the new features and changes in best practices.
Rails 1.0 was released in December 2005. This book was there from the start, and didn't just evolve alongside Rails, it evolved with Rails. It has been developed in consultation with the Rails core team. In fact, Rails itself is tested against the code in this book.
What You Need:
All you need is a Windows, Mac OS X, or Linux machine to do development on. This book will take you through the steps to install Rails and its dependencies. If you aren't familiar with the Ruby programming language, this book contains a chapter that covers the basics necessary to understand the material in the book.
|iOS 11 Programming Fundamentals with Swift: Swift, Xcode, and Cocoa Basics
Lowest new price: $34.72
Lowest used price: $32.26
List price: $54.99
Author: Matt Neuburg
Move into iOS development by getting a firm grasp of its fundamentals, including the Xcode 9 IDE, Cocoa Touch, and the latest version of Apple’s acclaimed programming language, Swift 4. With this thoroughly updated guide, you’ll learn the Swift language, understand Apple’s Xcode development tools, and discover the Cocoa framework.
- Explore Swift’s object-oriented concepts
- Become familiar with built-in Swift types
- Dive deep into Swift objects, protocols, and generics
- Tour the lifecycle of an Xcode project
- Learn how nibs are loaded
- Understand Cocoa’s event-driven design
- Communicate with C and Objective-C
In this edition, catch up on the latest iOS programming features.
- Multiline strings and improved dictionaries
- Object serialization
- Key paths and key–value observing
- Expanded git integration
- Code refactoring
- And more!
Once you master the fundamentals, you’ll be ready to tackle the details of iOS app development with author Matt Neuburg’s companion guide, Programming iOS 11.
Page 4 of 303
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED AS IS AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.