|Browse by Catagory:
Civil Rights & Liberties
War & Peace
Cajun & Creole Cooking
Caribbean & West Indian Cooking
Diabetic & Sugar-Free Cooking
Low Fat Cooking
Middle Eastern Cooking
Pacific Rim Cooking
Home & Garden
Literature & Fiction
Sheet Music & Scores
Environmental & Natural Resources Law
Ethics & Professional Responsibility
Procedures & Litigation
Water Supply & Land Use
Lawyer and Crimal Humor
Outdoors & Nature
Hiking & Camping
Hunting & Fishing
Beer & Beer Making
Health & Fitness
Diets & Weight Loss
Children's Science & Nature
Vitamins & Supplements
Psychology and Counseling
Philosophy of Psychology
Physiological Aspects of Psychology
Psychology of Sexuality
Psychology Testing & Measurement
Chaos & Systems
Geometry & Topology
Logic & Brain Teasers
Chaos & Systems
Geometry & Topology
Probability & Statistics
Experiments, Instruments & Measurement
Chaos & Systems
Fusion & Fission
Nuclear Magnetic Resonance
Waves & Wave Mechanics
Administration & Policy
Allied Health Professions
Medical Education & Training
Endocrinology & Metabolism
Physician & Patient
Insects & Spiders
Fish & Aquariums
Mobile & Wireless Computing: Programming
Linux Kernel & Peripherals
Linux Networking & Administration
State & Local History
Sci Fi Calendars
Bujold, Lois McMaster
Card, Orson Scott
Chalker, Jack L.
Heinlein, Robert A.
McKillip, Patricia A.
Nye, Jody Lynn
Mobile & Wireless Computing: Programming
Lowest new price: $17.37
Lowest used price: $10.62
List price: $34.99
Author: Semmy Purewal
Each chapter includes practice problems, full examples, and mental models of the development workflow. Ideal for a college-level course, this book helps you get started with web app development by providing you with a solid grounding in the process.
- Set up a basic workflow with a text editor, version control system, and web browser
- Structure a user interface with HTML, and include styles with CSS
- Learn the basics of server-side programming with Node.js
- Store data outside your application with Redis and MongoDB
- Share your application by uploading it to the cloud with CloudFoundry
- Get basic tips for writing maintainable code on both client and server
- Modern PHP: New Features and Good Practices
|App Inventor 2: Create Your Own Android Apps
Lowest new price: $20.05
Lowest used price: $6.80
List price: $39.99
Author: David Wolber
Brand: O Reilly Media
Yes, you can create your own apps for Android devices—and it’s easy to do. This extraordinary book introduces you to App Inventor 2, a powerful visual tool that lets anyone build apps. Learn App Inventor basics hands-on with step-by-step instructions for building more than a dozen fun projects, including a text answering machine app, a quiz app, and an app for finding your parked car!
The second half of the book features an Inventor’s Manual to help you understand the fundamentals of app building and computer science. App Inventor 2 makes an excellent textbook for beginners and experienced developers alike.
- Use programming blocks to build apps—like working on a puzzle
- Create custom multi-media quizzes and study guides
- Design games and other apps with 2D graphics and animation
- Make a custom tour of your city, school, or workplace
- Control a LEGO® MINDSTORMS® NXT robot with your phone
- Build location-aware apps by working with your phone’s sensors
- Explore apps that incorporate information from the Web
|Objective-C Programming: The Big Nerd Ranch Guide (2nd Edition) (Big Nerd Ranch Guides)
Lowest new price: $15.99
Lowest used price: $2.99
List price: $39.99
Author: Aaron Hillegass
Brand: Brand: Big Nerd Ranch Guides
Want to write iOS apps or desktop Mac applications? This introduction to programming and the Objective-C language is your first step on the journey from someone who uses apps to someone who writes them.
Based on Big Nerd Ranch's popular Objective-C Bootcamp, Objective-C Programming: The Big Nerd Ranch Guide covers C, Objective-C, and the common programming idioms that enable developers to make the most of Apple technologies. Compatible with Xcode 5, iOS 7, and OS X Mavericks (10.9), this guide features short chapters and an engaging style to keep you motivated and moving forward. At the same time, it encourages you to think critically as a programmer.
Here are some of the topics covered:
- Using Xcode, Apple’s documentation, and other tools
- Programming basics: variables, loops, functions, etc.
- Objects, classes, methods, and messages
- Pointers, addresses, and memory management with ARC
- Properties and Key-Value Coding (KVC)
- Class extensions
- Classes from the Foundation framework
- Delegation, target-action, and notification design patterns
- Key-Value Observing (KVO)
- Runtime basics
- Used Book in Good Condition
|Android Hacker's Handbook
Lowest new price: $28.19
Lowest used price: $24.99
List price: $50.00
Author: Joshua J. Drake
The first comprehensive guide to discovering and preventing attacks on the Android OS
As the Android operating system continues to increase its share of the smartphone market, smartphone hacking remains a growing threat. Written by experts who rank among the world's foremost Android security researchers, this book presents vulnerability discovery, analysis, and exploitation tools for the good guys. Following a detailed explanation of how the Android OS works and its overall security architecture, the authors examine how vulnerabilities can be discovered and exploits developed for various system components, preparing you to defend against them.
If you are a mobile device administrator, security researcher, Android app developer, or consultant responsible for evaluating Android security, you will find this guide is essential to your toolbox.
Android Hacker's Handbook is the first comprehensive resource for IT professionals charged with smartphone security.
- A crack team of leading Android security researchers explain Android security risks, security design and architecture, rooting, fuzz testing, and vulnerability analysis
- Covers Android application building blocks and security as well as debugging and auditing Android apps
- Prepares mobile device administrators, security researchers, Android app developers, and security consultants to defend Android systems against attack
|Android App Development
Lowest new price: $62.93
Lowest used price: $74.14
List price: $109.95
Author: Hervé J. Franceschi
Each new print copy of Android App Development includes Navigate 2 Advantage Access that unlocks a complete eBook, Study Center, homework and Assessment Center, and a dashboard that reports actionable data. Download the latest version of Android Studio Using innovative, engaging methods, Android App Development cultivates student knowledge of app development through a progressive, building block approach. Each chapter includes a classroom-friendly, meaningful app that illustrates the concepts covered at the chapter level. Model View Controller architecture is used throughout the book to promote good software engineering practice. Students will be engaged by essential as well as specialized topics such as XML resources, event-driven programming, animation, sounds, making a game, voice recognition, and more. Each new print copy of Android App Development includes Navigate 2 Advantage Access that unlocks a complete eBook, Study Center, homework and Assessment Center, and Key Features: • Android Studio, the official development environment by Google, is used to develop all applications • The Model View Controller architecture is used throughout the book, allowing the instructor to download the Model and concentrate on the View and Controller elements of the app • Students learn how to make device-independent apps using a progressive approach, incorporating fun topics such as animation, sounds, photo editing, using the GPS, displaying a map, and advertising • Software Engineering and Common Error boxes highlight software engineering tips and common errors throughout each chapter • Chapters are written independently of others so that instructors can select topics and customize the book to their course • Each chapter concludes with exercises for student practice, including Multiple Choice, Fill In the Code, and Write an App exercises
|iOS 10 App Development Essentials: Learn to Develop iOS 10 Apps with Xcode 8 and Swift 3
Lowest new price: $38.94
Lowest used price: $40.50
List price: $45.99
Author: Neil Smyth
iOS 10 App Development Essentials is latest edition of this popular book series and has now been fully updated for the iOS 10 SDK, Xcode 8 and the Swift 3 programming language.
Beginning with the basics, this book provides an outline of the steps necessary to set up an iOS development environment. An introduction to the architecture of iOS 10 and programming in Swift 3 is provided, followed by an in-depth look at the design of iOS applications and user interfaces. More advanced topics such as file handling, database management, in-app purchases, graphics drawing and animation are also covered, as are touch screen handling, gesture recognition, multitasking, location management, local notifications, camera access and video and audio playback support. Other features are also covered including Auto Layout, App Store hosted in-app purchase content, Sprite Kit-based game development, local map search and user interface animation using UIKit dynamics.
Additional features of iOS development using Xcode 8 are also covered, including Swift playgrounds, universal user interface design using size classes, app extensions, Interface Builder Live Views, embedded frameworks, CloudKit data storage and TouchID authentication.
The key new features of iOS 10 and Xcode 8 are also covered in detail, including Swift 3, designing adaptive user interfaces using trait variations, iMessage apps, CloudKit sharing, speech recognition, and SiriKit integration.
The aim of this book, therefore, is to teach you the skills necessary to build your own apps for iOS 10. Assuming you are ready to download the iOS 10 SDK and Xcode 8, have an Intel-based Mac and ideas for some apps to develop, you are ready to get started.
|Essential iPad: iOS 11 Edition (Computer Essentials)
Lowest new price: $13.95
List price: $13.95
Author: Kevin Wilson
The twenty-first century offers more technology than we have ever seen before, but with new updates, and apps coming out every month, most iPad users don’t have time to keep up or figure everything out on their own and it can be quite overwhelming.
Essential iPad: iOS 11 Edition is here to fill in the gaps. With comprehensive instruction for many commonly used iPad Apps, this step-by-step guide offers specifics in setting up, and effectively utilizing the latest Apple offerings that will best help you achieve your goals. In addition, many illustrations and screenshots are included, allowing readers to digest information quickly and easily without feeling confused, wasting time, and getting discouraged. In this book, we’ll take a look at...
- Setting up your iPad and upgrading from iOS 10
- A look at the updates introduced in iOS 11
- Getting to know your iPad; the dock, icons, and menus
- Navigating with touch gestures, quick peek, 3D touch, tap, drag, and swipe
- Multi-tasking with slide over, split view, and drag & drop
- A look at the new control centre and how to make use of it
- Internal & External Keyboards and a look at Apple Pencil
- Getting to know Siri
- Communicating with email, FaceTime, iMessage with digital touch and peer-to-peer payments
- Browsing the web with Safari web browser
- Taking and enhancing pictures, panoramic and live photos, as well as recording video
- Listening to music, the iTunes store, and Apple Music
- The FileApp, as well as Maps, News, iBooks, Notes, Apple Pay, Calendar, and Contacts
- Maintaining your iPad with updates, backups, general housekeeping, and much more...
Unlike other books and manuals that assume a computing background not possessed by beginners, Essential iPad: iOS 11 Edition tackles the basics of the iPad so that everyone from students to senior citizens to home users pressed for time can take advantage of the digital revolution.
So if you’re looking for a iPad manual, a visual book, simplified tutorial, dummies guide, or reference, Essential iPad: iOS 11 Edition will help you maximize the potential of your iPad to increase your productivity and enhance your digital life.
|Android Boot Camp for Developers Using Java: A Guide to Creating Your First Android Apps
Lowest new price: $74.54
Lowest used price: $56.83
List price: $121.95
Author: Corinne Hoisington
Brand: Course Technology Ptr
Gain a strong foundation in Java programming with the confidence and technical skills to build working mobile applications when you use ANDROID BOOT CAMP FOR DEVELOPERS USING JAVA: A GUIDE TO CREATING YOUR FIRST ANDROID APPS, 3E. Written by an award-winning technology author, this book provides a thorough introduction to Java with an emphasis on creating effective mobile applications. This book is ideal whether you have some programming experience or are brand new to Java and the Android Studio. The book's hands-on tutorial approach offers step-by-step instruction and numerous screen shots to guide you through tasks. Practical callouts, industry tips, and a variety of cases and assignments reinforce your understanding of programming logic and Java tools for Android. Instruction is relevant for today and focused on programming principles for the future. Become a competitive programmer equipped to meet the growing demand for mobile apps with this engaging text.
|Mobile Design Pattern Gallery: UI Patterns for Smartphone Apps
Lowest new price: $25.14
Lowest used price: $18.59
List price: $49.99
Author: Theresa Neil
When you’re under pressure to produce a well-designed, easy-to-navigate mobile app, there’s no time to reinvent the wheel—and no need to. This handy reference provides more than 90 mobile app design patterns, illustrated by 1,000 screenshots from current Android, iOS, and Windows Phone apps.
Much has changed since this book’s first edition. Mobile OSes have become increasingly different, driving their own design conventions and patterns, and many designers have embraced mobile-centric thinking. In this edition, user experience professional Theresa Neil walks product managers, designers, and developers through design patterns in 11 categories:
- Navigation: get patterns for primary and secondary navigation
- Forms: break industry-wide habits of bad form design
- Tables: display only the most important information
- Search, sort, and filter: make these functions easy to use
- Tools: create the illusion of direct interaction
- Charts: learn best practices for basic chart design
- Tutorials & Invitations: invite users to get started and discover features
- Social: help users connect and become part of the group
- Feedback & Accordance: provide users with timely feedback
- Help: integrate help pages into a smaller form factor
- Anti-Patterns: what not to do when designing a mobile app
|Learn Office 2016 for Mac
Lowest new price: $41.89
Lowest used price: $38.21
List price: $54.99
Author: Guy Hart-Davis
Brand: Guy Hart Davis
A practical, hands-on approach to using Office 2016 applications to create and edit documents and get work done efficiently. You'll learn how to customize Office, design, create, and share documents, manipulate data in a spreadsheet, and create lively presentations. You'll also discover how to organize your email, contacts, and tasks with the new Outlook for Mac. Conveying information quickly and concisely, the book brings you from beginner or intermediate to an experienced and confident user.
Office for Mac remains the leading productivity suite for Mac, with Apple’s iWork and the free OpenOffice.org trailing far behind. Now, it's been updated with a cleaner interface and more compatibility with Exchange and SharePoint.
This book provides the best combination of accessible and focused coverage of the Office 2016 applications. Rather than cover every seldom-used feature, the book covers real-world usage, putting emphasis on practical tasks and troubleshooting common problems, such as sharing documents with Windows users and older versions of Office.
What You Will Learn
- Create professional documents for home and business using Word
- Edit documents collaboratively in real time with your colleagues
- Record and manipulate data using spreadsheets
- Use your data to create powerful and convincing charts
- Build persuasive multimedia presentations in PowerPoint
- Deliver presentations like an expert
- Keep your e-mail under control with Outlook
- Stay on top of your schedule and your tasks
Who This Book Is For
Any Mac user who needs to work with Word, Excel, PowerPoint, or Outlook either for business or for pleasure. Professionals, students, and home user alike will benefit from straightforward explanations, step-by-step instructions, and effective workarounds for everyday problems.
- Learn Office 2016 for Mac
Page 5 of 260
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED AS IS AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.