|Browse by Catagory:
Civil Rights & Liberties
War & Peace
Cajun & Creole Cooking
Caribbean & West Indian Cooking
Diabetic & Sugar-Free Cooking
Low Fat Cooking
Middle Eastern Cooking
Pacific Rim Cooking
Home & Garden
Literature & Fiction
Sheet Music & Scores
Environmental & Natural Resources Law
Ethics & Professional Responsibility
Procedures & Litigation
Water Supply & Land Use
Lawyer and Crimal Humor
Outdoors & Nature
Hiking & Camping
Hunting & Fishing
Beer & Beer Making
Health & Fitness
Diets & Weight Loss
Children's Science & Nature
Vitamins & Supplements
Psychology and Counseling
Philosophy of Psychology
Physiological Aspects of Psychology
Psychology of Sexuality
Psychology Testing & Measurement
Chaos & Systems
Geometry & Topology
Logic & Brain Teasers
Chaos & Systems
Geometry & Topology
Probability & Statistics
Experiments, Instruments & Measurement
Chaos & Systems
Fusion & Fission
Nuclear Magnetic Resonance
Waves & Wave Mechanics
Administration & Policy
Allied Health Professions
Medical Education & Training
Endocrinology & Metabolism
Physician & Patient
Insects & Spiders
Fish & Aquariums
Mobile & Wireless Computing: Programming
Linux Kernel & Peripherals
Linux Networking & Administration
State & Local History
Sci Fi Calendars
Bujold, Lois McMaster
Card, Orson Scott
Chalker, Jack L.
Heinlein, Robert A.
McKillip, Patricia A.
Nye, Jody Lynn
Lowest new price: $21.23
Lowest used price: $28.98
List price: $50.00
Author: Christopher Negus
Brand: Negus Christopher
The industry favorite Linux guide, updated for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7 and the cloud
Linux Bible, 9th Edition is the ultimate hands-on Linux user guide, whether you're a true beginner or a more advanced user navigating recent changes. This updated ninth edition covers the latest versions of Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7 (RHEL 7), Fedora 21, and Ubuntu 14.04 LTS, and includes new information on cloud computing and development with guidance on Openstack and Cloudforms. With a focus on RHEL 7, this practical guide gets you up to speed quickly on the new enhancements for enterprise-quality file systems, the new boot process and services management, firewalld, and the GNOME 3 desktop. Written by a Red Hat expert, this book provides the clear explanations and step-by-step instructions that demystify Linux and bring the new features seamlessly into your workflow.
This useful guide assumes a base of little or no Linux knowledge, and takes you step by step through what you need to know to get the job done.
- Get Linux up and running quickly
- Master basic operations and tackle more advanced tasks
- Get up to date on the recent changes to Linux server system management
- Bring Linux to the cloud using Openstack and Cloudforms
Linux Bible, 9th Edition is the one resource you need, and provides the hands-on training that gets you on track in a flash.
|Linux Command Line and Shell Scripting Bible
Lowest new price: $20.01
Lowest used price: $22.92
List price: $50.00
Author: Richard Blum
Brand: Richard Blum Christine Bresnahan
Talk directly to your system for a faster workflow with automation capability
Linux Command Line and Shell Scripting Bible is your essential Linux guide. With detailed instruction and abundant examples, this book teaches you how to bypass the graphical interface and communicate directly with your computer, saving time and expanding capability. This third edition incorporates thirty pages of new functional examples that are fully updated to align with the latest Linux features. Beginning with command line fundamentals, the book moves into shell scripting and shows you the practical application of commands in automating frequently performed functions. This guide includes useful tutorials, and a desk reference value of numerous examples.
The Linux command line allows you to type specific shell commands directly into the system to manipulate files and query system resources. Command line statements can be combined into short programs called shell scripts, a practice increasing in popularity due to its usefulness in automation. This book is a complete guide providing detailed instruction and expert advice working within this aspect of Linux.
- Write simple script utilities to automate tasks
- Understand the shell, and create shell scripts
- Produce database, e-mail, and web scripts
- Study scripting examples ranging from basic to advanced
Whether used as a tutorial or as a quick reference, this book contains information that every Linux user should know. Why not learn to use the system to its utmost capability? Linux is a robust system with tremendous potential, and Linux Command Line and Shell Scripting Bible opens the door to new possibilities.
- Linux Command Line and Shell Scripting Bible
|Hacking: Computer Hacking Beginners Guide How to Hack Wireless Network, Basic Security and Penetration Testing, Kali Linux, Your First Hack
Lowest new price: $9.86
List price: $10.95
Author: Alan T. Norman
Get this Amazing Book - Great Deal! This book will teach you how you can protect yourself from most common hacking attacks -- by knowing how hacking actually works! After all, in order to prevent your system from being compromised, you need to stay a step ahead of any criminal hacker. You can do that by learning how to hack and how to do a counter-hack. Within this book are techniques and tools that are used by both criminal and ethical hackers – all the things that you will find here will show you how information security can be compromised and how you can identify an attack in a system that you are trying to protect. At the same time, you will also learn how you can minimize any damage in your system or stop an ongoing attack. With Hacking: Computer Hacking Beginners Guide…, you'll learn everything you need to know to enter the secretive world of computer hacking. It provides a complete overview of hacking, cracking, and their effect on the world. You'll learn about the prerequisites for hacking, the various types of hackers, and the many kinds of hacking attacks: Active Attacks Masquerade Attacks Replay Attacks Modification of Messages Spoofing Techniques WiFi Hacking Hacking Tools Your First Hack Passive Attacks Get Your Hacking: Computer Hacking Beginners Guide How to Hack Wireless Network, Basic Security, and Penetration Testing, Kali Linux, Your First Hack right away - This Amazing New Edition puts a wealth of knowledge at your disposal. You'll learn how to hack an email password, spoofing techniques, WiFi hacking, and tips for ethical hacking. You'll even learn how to make your first hack. Scroll Up And Start Enjoying This Amazing Deal Instantly
|CompTIA Linux+ Guide to Linux Certification
Lowest new price: $85.39
Lowest used price: $62.59
List price: $265.95
Author: Jason W. Eckert
Brand: Cengage Learning
Equip yourself with the most up-to-date information to pass CompTIA's Linux+ (Powered by LPI) Certification exam successfully and excel when using Linux in today's business world with Eckert's LINUX+ GUIDE TO LINUX CERTIFICATION, 4E. This complete guide provides the solid conceptual foundation and mastery of hands-on skills necessary to work with the Linux operation system in today's network administration environment. You'll find a focus on quality throughout with an emphasis on preparing you for valuable real-world experiences. This edition's comprehensive coverage presents updated information on the latest Linux distributions as well as storage technologies commonly used in server environments, such as LVM and ZFS. New, expanded material addresses key job-related networking services, including FTP, NFS, Samba, Apache, DNS, DHCP, NTP, Squid, Postfix, SSH, VNC, Postgresql, and iptables/firewalld. You study the latest information on current and emerging security practices and technologies. Hands-On Projects help you practice new skills using both Fedora™ 20 and Ubuntu Server 14.04 Linux, while review questions and key terms reinforce important concepts. Trust LINUX+ GUIDE TO LINUX CERTIFICATION, 4E for success on the certification exam and your career beyond.
|Infrastructure as Code: Managing Servers in the Cloud
Lowest new price: $29.79
Lowest used price: $39.82
List price: $49.99
Author: Kief Morris
Virtualization, cloud, containers, server automation, and software-defined networking are meant to simplify IT operations. But many organizations adopting these technologies have found that it only leads to a faster-growing sprawl of unmanageable systems. This is where infrastructure as code can help. With this practical guide, author Kief Morris of ThoughtWorks shows you how to effectively use principles, practices, and patterns pioneered through the DevOps movement to manage cloud age infrastructure.
Ideal for system administrators, infrastructure engineers, team leads, and architects, this book demonstrates various tools, techniques, and patterns you can use to implement infrastructure as code. In three parts, you’ll learn about the platforms and tooling involved in creating and configuring infrastructure elements, patterns for using these tools, and practices for making infrastructure as code work in your environment.
- Examine the pitfalls that organizations fall into when adopting the new generation of infrastructure technologies
- Understand the capabilities and service models of dynamic infrastructure platforms
- Learn about tools that provide, provision, and configure core infrastructure resources
- Explore services and tools for managing a dynamic infrastructure
- Learn specific patterns and practices for provisioning servers, building server templates, and updating running servers
|A Practical Guide to Linux Commands, Editors, and Shell Programming (4th Edition)
Lowest new price: $28.76
Lowest used price: $28.76
List price: $59.99
Author: Mark G. Sobell
The Most Useful Tutorial and Reference, with Hundreds of High-Quality Examples for Every Popular Linux Distribution
“First Sobell taught people how to use Linux . . . now he teaches you the power of Linux. A must-have book for anyone who wants to take Linux to the next level.”
—Jon “maddog” Hall, Executive Director, Linux International
Discover the Power of Linux–Covers macOS, too!
- Learn from hundreds of realistic, high-quality examples, and become a true command-line guru
- Covers MariaDB, DNF, and Python 3
- 300+ page reference section covers 102 utilities, including macOS commands
For use with all popular versions of Linux, including Ubuntu,™ Fedora,™ openSUSE,™ Red Hat,® Debian, Mageia, Mint, Arch, CentOS, and macOS
Linux is today’s dominant Internet server platform. System administrators and Web developers need deep Linux fluency, including expert knowledge of shells and the command line. This is the only guide with everything you need to achieve that level of Linux mastery. Renowned Linux expert Mark Sobell has brought together comprehensive, insightful guidance on the tools sysadmins, developers, and power users need most, and has created an outstanding day-to-day reference, updated with assistance from new coauthor Matthew Helmke.
This title is 100 percent distribution and release agnostic. Packed with hundreds of high-quality, realistic examples, it presents Linux from the ground up: the clearest explanations and most useful information about everything from filesystems to shells, editors to utilities, and programming tools to regular expressions.
Use a Mac? You’ll find coverage of the macOS command line, including macOS-only tools and utilities that other Linux/UNIX titles ignore.
A Practical Guide to Linux® Commands, Editors, and Shell Programming, Fourth Edition, is the only guide to deliver
- A MariaDB chapter to get you started with this ubiquitous relational database management system (RDBMS)
- A masterful introduction to Python for system administrators and power users
- In-depth coverage of the bash and tcsh shells, including a complete discussion of environment, inheritance, and process locality, plus coverage of basic and advanced shell programming
- Practical explanations of core utilities, from aspell to xargs, including printf and sshfs/curlftpfs, PLUS macOS—specific utilities from ditto to SetFile
- Expert guidance on automating remote backups using rsync
- Dozens of system security tips, including step-by-step walkthroughs of implementing secure communications using ssh and scp
- Tips and tricks for customizing the shell, including step values, sequence expressions, the eval builtin, and implicit command-line continuation
- High-productivity editing techniques using vim and emacs
- A comprehensive, 300-plus-page command reference section covering 102 utilities, including find, grep, sort, and tar
- Instructions for updating systems using apt-get and dnf
- And much more, including coverage of BitTorrent, gawk, sed, find, sort, bzip2, and regular expressions
Register your product at informit.com/register for convenient access to downloads, updates, and/or corrections as they become available.
- Save up to 15% when buying these two titles together.
- The Most Useful Tutorial and Reference, with Hundreds of High-Quality Examples for Every Popular Linux Distribution.
- This title is 100 percent distribution and release agnostic. Packed with hundreds of high-quality, realistic examples, it presents Linux from the ground up: the clearest explanations and most useful information about everything from filesystems to shells, editors to utilities, and programming tools to regular expressions.
Lowest new price: $37.76
Lowest used price: $35.62
List price: $59.99
Author: Scott Chacon
Brand: Ben Straub Scott Chacon
Pro Git (Second Edition) is your fully-updated guide to Git and its usage in the modern world. Git has come a long way since it was first developed by Linus Torvalds for Linux kernel development. It has taken the open source world by storm since its inception in 2005, and this book teaches you how to use it like a pro.
Effective and well-implemented version control is a necessity for successful web projects, whether large or small. With this book you’ll learn how to master the world of distributed version workflow, use the distributed features of Git to the full, and extend Git to meet your every need.
Written by Git pros Scott Chacon and Ben Straub, Pro Git (Second Edition) builds on the hugely successful first edition, and is now fully updated for Git version 2.0, as well as including an indispensable chapter on GitHub. It’s the best book for all your Git needs.
|Linux Kernel Development (3rd Edition)
Lowest new price: $20.15
Lowest used price: $18.00
List price: $49.99
Author: Robert Love
Linux Kernel Development details the design and implementation of the Linux kernel, presenting the content in a manner that is beneficial to those writing and developing kernel code, as well as to programmers seeking to better understand the operating system and become more efficient and productive in their coding.
The book details the major subsystems and features of the Linux kernel, including its design, implementation, and interfaces. It covers the Linux kernel with both a practical and theoretical eye, which should appeal to readers with a variety of interests and needs.
The author, a core kernel developer, shares valuable knowledge and experience on the 2.6 Linux kernel. Specific topics covered include process management, scheduling, time management and timers, the system call interface, memory addressing, memory management, the page cache, the VFS, kernel synchronization, portability concerns, and debugging techniques. This book covers the most interesting features of the Linux 2.6 kernel, including the CFS scheduler, preemptive kernel, block I/O layer, and I/O schedulers.
The third edition of Linux Kernel Development includes new and updated material throughout the book:
- An all-new chapter on kernel data structures
- Details on interrupt handlers and bottom halves
- Extended coverage of virtual memory and memory allocation
- Tips on debugging the Linux kernel
- In-depth coverage of kernel synchronization and locking
- Useful insight into submitting kernel patches and working with the Linux kernel community
|SSH Mastery: OpenSSH, PuTTY, Tunnels and Keys (IT Mastery) (Volume 12)
Lowest new price: $20.15
Lowest used price: $25.01
List price: $24.99
Author: Michael W Lucas
Secure Shell (SSH) lets sysadmins securely manage remote systems. It’s powerful, complicated, and confusing. Lose the confusion. SSH Mastery rescues you from sifting through decades of obsolete online tutorials and quickly makes you an SSH journeyman. You’ll learn to
Master Secure Shell with SSH Mastery!
- eliminate passwords
- manage access by users, groups, addresses, and more
- securely move files around your network
- forward graphic displays
- proxy TCP connections
- build SOCKS proxies
- centrally manage and distribute keys and configurations
- use SSH as secure transport for other applications
- build virtual private networks
- create Certificate Authorities for massive scale deployment
|Mastering Kubernetes: Large scale container deployment and management
Lowest new price: $46.23
Lowest used price: $40.63
List price: $49.99
Author: Gigi Sayfan
- This practical guide demystifies Kubernetes and ensures that your clusters are always available, scalable, and up to date
- Discover new features such as autoscaling, rolling updates, resource quotas, and cluster size
- Master the skills of designing and deploying large clusters on various cloud platforms
Kubernetes is an open source system to automate the deployment, scaling, and management of containerized applications. If you are running more than just a few containers or want automated management of your containers, you need Kubernetes.
This book mainly focuses on the advanced management of Kubernetes clusters. It covers problems that arise when you start using container orchestration in production. We start by giving you an overview of the guiding principles in Kubernetes design and show you the best practises in the fields of security, high availability, and cluster federation.
You will discover how to run complex stateful microservices on Kubernetes including advanced features as horizontal pod autoscaling, rolling updates, resource quotas, and persistent storage back ends. Using real-world use cases, we explain the options for network configuration and provides guidelines on how to set up, operate, and troubleshoot various Kubernetes networking plugins. Finally, we cover custom resource development and utilization in automation and maintenance workflows.
By the end of this book, you'll know everything you need to know to go from intermediate to advanced level.
What you will learn
- Architect a robust Kubernetes cluster for long-time operation
- Discover the advantages of running Kubernetes on GCE, AWS, Azure, and bare metal
- See the identity model of Kubernetes and options for cluster federation
- Monitor and troubleshoot Kubernetes clusters and run a highly available Kubernetes
- Create and configure custom Kubernetes resources and use third-party resources in your automation workflows
- Discover the art of running complex stateful applications in your container environment
- Deliver applications as standard packages
About the Author
Gigi Sayfan is the chief system architect of VRVIU―a stealth virtual reality start-up. Gigi has been developing software professionally for more than 20 years in domains as diverse as instant messaging, morphing, chip fabrication process control, embedded multi-media application for game consoles, brain-inspired machine learning, custom browser development, web services for 3D distributed game platforms, and most recently IoT/sensors.
Table of Contents
- Understanding Kubernetes Architecture
- Creating Kubernetes Clusters
- Monitoring, Logging, and Troubleshooting
- High Availability and Reliability
- Configuring Kubernetes Security, Limits, and Accounts
- Using Critical Kubernetes Resources
- Handling Kubernetes Storage
- Running Stateful Application with Kubernetes
- Rolling Updates, Scalability and Quotas
- Advanced Kubernetes Networking
- Running Kubernetes on Multiple Clouds and Cluster Federation
- Customizing Kubernetes - API and Plugins
- Handling the Kubernetes Package Manager
- The Future of Kubernetes
Page 2 of 419
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED AS IS AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.