|Browse by Catagory:
Civil Rights & Liberties
War & Peace
Cajun & Creole Cooking
Caribbean & West Indian Cooking
Diabetic & Sugar-Free Cooking
Low Fat Cooking
Middle Eastern Cooking
Pacific Rim Cooking
Home & Garden
Literature & Fiction
Sheet Music & Scores
Environmental & Natural Resources Law
Ethics & Professional Responsibility
Procedures & Litigation
Water Supply & Land Use
Lawyer and Crimal Humor
Outdoors & Nature
Hiking & Camping
Hunting & Fishing
Beer & Beer Making
Health & Fitness
Diets & Weight Loss
Children's Science & Nature
Vitamins & Supplements
Psychology and Counseling
Philosophy of Psychology
Physiological Aspects of Psychology
Psychology of Sexuality
Psychology Testing & Measurement
Chaos & Systems
Geometry & Topology
Logic & Brain Teasers
Chaos & Systems
Geometry & Topology
Probability & Statistics
Experiments, Instruments & Measurement
Chaos & Systems
Fusion & Fission
Nuclear Magnetic Resonance
Waves & Wave Mechanics
Administration & Policy
Allied Health Professions
Medical Education & Training
Endocrinology & Metabolism
Physician & Patient
Insects & Spiders
Fish & Aquariums
Mobile & Wireless Computing: Programming
Linux Kernel & Peripherals
Linux Networking & Administration
State & Local History
Sci Fi Calendars
Bujold, Lois McMaster
Card, Orson Scott
Chalker, Jack L.
Heinlein, Robert A.
McKillip, Patricia A.
Nye, Jody Lynn
|Mastering Kubernetes: Master the art of container management by using the power of Kubernetes, 2nd Edition
Lowest new price: $44.98
Lowest used price: $42.87
List price: $44.99
Author: Gigi Sayfan
Exploit design, deployment, and management of large-scale containers
- Explore the latest features available in Kubernetes 1.10
- Ensure that your clusters are always available, scalable, and up to date
- Master the skills of designing and deploying large clusters on various cloud platforms
Kubernetes is an open source system that is used to automate the deployment, scaling, and management of containerized applications. If you are running more containers or want automated management of your containers, you need Kubernetes at your disposal. To put things into perspective, Mastering Kubernetes walks you through the advanced management of Kubernetes clusters.
To start with, you will learn the fundamentals of both Kubernetes architecture and Kubernetes design in detail. You will discover how to run complex stateful microservices on Kubernetes including advanced features such as horizontal pod autoscaling, rolling updates, resource quotas, and persistent storage backend. Using real-world use cases, you will explore the options for network configuration, and understand how to set up, operate, and troubleshoot various Kubernetes networking plugins. In addition to this, you will get to grips with custom resource development and utilization in automation and maintenance workflows.
To scale up your knowledge of Kubernetes, you will encounter some additional concepts based on the Kubernetes 1.10 release, such as Prometheus, Role-based access control, API aggregation, and more. By the end of this book, you'll know everything you need to graduate from intermediate to advanced level of understanding Kubernetes.
What you will learn
- Architect a robust Kubernetes cluster for long-time operation
- Discover the advantages of running Kubernetes on GCE, AWS, Azure, and bare metal
- Understand the identity model of Kubernetes, along with the options for cluster federation
- Monitor and troubleshoot Kubernetes clusters and run a highly available Kubernetes
- Create and configure custom Kubernetes resources and use third-party resources in your automation workflows
- Enjoy the art of running complex stateful applications in your container environment
- Deliver applications as standard packages
Who This Book Is For
Mastering Kubernetes is for you if you are a system administrator or a developer who has an intermediate understanding of Kubernetes and wish to master its advanced features. Basic knowledge of networking would also be helpful. In all, this advanced-level book provides a smooth pathway to mastering Kubernetes.
Table of Contents
- Understanding Kubernetes Architecture
- Creating Kubernetes Clusters
- Monitoring, Logging, and Troubleshooting
- High Availability and Reliability
- Configuring Kubernetes security, limits, and accounts
- Using Critical Kubernetes Resources
- Handling Kubernetes Storage
- Running Stateful Applications with Kubernetes
- Rolling Updates, Scalability, and Quotas
- Advanced Kubernetes Networking
- Running Kubernetes on Multiple Clouds and Cluster Federation
- Customizing Kubernetes - API and Plugins
- Handling the Kubernetes Package Manager
- The future of Kubernetes
|Ansible for DevOps: Server and configuration management for humans
Lowest new price: $18.97
Lowest used price: $15.95
List price: $19.99
Author: Jeff Geerling
Covers Ansible 2.0!
Ansible is a simple, but powerful, server and configuration management tool (with a few other tricks up its sleeve). This book helps those familiar with the command line and basic shell scripting start using Ansible to provision and manage anywhere from one to thousands of servers.
The book begins with fundamentals, like installing Ansible, setting up a basic inventory file, and basic concepts, then guides you through Ansible's many uses, including ad-hoc commands, basic and advanced playbooks, application deployments, multiple-provider server provisioning, and even Docker orchestration! Everything is explained with pertinent real-world examples, often using Vagrant-managed virtual machines.
|Mastering Kali Linux for Advanced Penetration Testing - Second Edition: Secure your network with Kali Linux - the ultimate white hat hackers' toolkit
Lowest new price: $44.49
Lowest used price: $43.59
List price: $49.99
Author: Vijay Kumar Velu
A practical guide to testing your network's security with Kali Linux, the preferred choice of penetration testers and hackers.
About This Book
- Employ advanced pentesting techniques with Kali Linux to build highly-secured systems
- Get to grips with various stealth techniques to remain undetected and defeat the latest defenses and follow proven approaches
- Select and configure the most effective tools from Kali Linux to test network security and prepare your business against malicious threats and save costs
Who This Book Is For
Penetration Testers, IT professional or a security consultant who wants to maximize the success of your network testing using some of the advanced features of Kali Linux, then this book is for you.Some prior exposure to basics of penetration testing/ethical hacking would be helpful in making the most out of this title.
What You Will Learn
- Select and configure the most effective tools from Kali Linux to test network security
- Employ stealth to avoid detection in the network being tested
- Recognize when stealth attacks are being used against your network
- Exploit networks and data systems using wired and wireless networks as well as web services
- Identify and download valuable data from target systems
- Maintain access to compromised systems
- Use social engineering to compromise the weakest part of the network-the end users
This book will take you, as a tester or security practitioner through the journey of reconnaissance, vulnerability assessment, exploitation, and post-exploitation activities used by penetration testers and hackers.
We will start off by using a laboratory environment to validate tools and techniques, and using an application that supports a collaborative approach to penetration testing. Further we will get acquainted with passive reconnaissance with open source intelligence and active reconnaissance of the external and internal networks. We will also focus on how to select, use, customize, and interpret the results from a variety of different vulnerability scanners. Specific routes to the target will also be examined, including bypassing physical security and exfiltration of data using different techniques. You will also get to grips with concepts such as social engineering, attacking wireless networks, exploitation of web applications and remote access connections. Later you will learn the practical aspects of attacking user client systems by backdooring executable files. You will focus on the most vulnerable part of the network-directly and bypassing the controls, attacking the end user and maintaining persistence access through social media.
You will also explore approaches to carrying out advanced penetration testing in tightly secured environments, and the book's hands-on approach will help you understand everything you need to know during a Red teaming exercise or penetration testing
Style and approach
An advanced level tutorial that follows a practical approach and proven methods to maintain top notch security of your networks.
Table of Contents
- Goal-Based Penetration Testing with Kali Linux
- Open Source Intelligence and Passive Reconnaissance
- Active Reconnaissance of the External and Internal Networks
- Vulnerability Assessment
- Physical Security and Social Engineering
- Wireless Attacks
- Reconnaissance and Exploitation of Web-Based Applications
- Attacking Remote Access
- Client-Side Exploitation
- Bypassing Security Controls
- Action on the Objective
- Privilege Escalation
- Command and Control
|Learn System Center Configuration Manager in a Month of Lunches
Lowest new price: $27.48
Lowest used price: $32.70
List price: $44.99
Author: James Bannan
Brand: Manning Publications
Learn System Center Configuration Manager in a Month of Lunches is a super-practical guide to Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager. In this book, you'll cut to the chase and learn the administrative procedures and techniques that will keep your systems humming smoothly.
Purchase of the print book comes with an offer of a free PDF, ePub, and Kindle eBook from Manning. Also available is all code from the book.
About the Technology
Businesses rely on a complex patchwork of client computers, physical and virtual servers, middleware, mobile devices, and cloud services. Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) sits in the middle of this mix, providing a single administrative control center to deploy and manage Windows servers and applications across your entire infrastructure, including cross-platform management of Mac OS X, Linux, and UNIX. To get up to speed with the day-to-day tasks of managing a system with ConfigMgr, all you need is this book—and a quiet place to eat your lunch.
About the Book
Learn System Center Configuration Manager in a Month of Lunches is a super-practical guide to Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager. In this book, you’ll cut to the chase and learn the administrative procedures and techniques that will keep your systems humming smoothly. Whether you’re a new sysadmin or you already understand the inner workings of Active Directory and Windows Server, you’ll be productive immediately as you work through the 22 self-contained lessons in this handy tutorial.
- Covers the latest build of Configuration Manager
- How to simplify updates, operating system deployment, and reporting
- Cross-platform and mobile management including Linux, OS X, and Windows
- Smart application delivery
About the Reader
No prior experience with System Center Configuration Manager needed.
About the Author
James Bannan is a Cloud and Datacenter Management MVP based in Australia.
Table of Contents
- Before you begin
- Setting up your lab environment
- Making ConfigMgr aware of your environment
- Managing ConfigMgr devices and users
- Organizing devices and users
- Configuring ConfigMgr clients
- Creating and configuring applications with the AppModel
- Deploying applications and packages to ConfigMgr clients
- Ensuring that ConfigMgr clients can access content
- Keeping ConfigMgr clients patched
- Preparing to deploy Windows
- Deploying Windows
- Advanced deployment of Windows with ConfigMgr and MDT
- Managing Linux clients
- Deploying to Linux and Mac clients
- Managing anti-malware with ConfigMgr
- Making sure clients are healthy
- Reporting in ConfigMgr
- Keeping an eye on your clients
- What to do when things go wrong
- Securing ConfigMgr
- All engines full steam ahead
|Python Essential Reference (4th Edition)
Lowest new price: $29.90
Lowest used price: $7.32
List price: $49.99
Author: David Beazley
Python Essential Reference is the definitive reference guide to the Python programming language — the one authoritative handbook that reliably untangles and explains both the core Python language and the most essential parts of the Python library.
Designed for the professional programmer, the book is concise, to the point, and highly accessible. It also includes detailed information on the Python library and many advanced subjects that is not available in either the official Python documentation or any other single reference source.
Thoroughly updated to reflect the significant new programming language features and library modules that have been introduced in Python 2.6 and Python 3, the fourth edition of Python Essential Reference is the definitive guide for programmers who need to modernize existing Python code or who are planning an eventual migration to Python 3. Programmers starting a new Python project will find detailed coverage of contemporary Python programming idioms.
This fourth edition of Python Essential Reference features numerous improvements, additions, and updates:
- Coverage of new language features, libraries, and modules
- Practical coverage of Python's more advanced features including generators, coroutines, closures, metaclasses, and decorators
- Expanded coverage of library modules related to concurrent programming including threads, subprocesses, and the new multiprocessing module
- Up-to-the-minute coverage of how to use Python 2.6’s forward compatibility mode to evaluate code for Python 3 compatibility
- Improved organization for even faster answers and better usability
- Updates to reflect modern Python programming style and idioms
- Updated and improved example code
- Deep coverage of low-level system and networking library modules — including options not covered in the standard documentation
- Addison-Wesley Professional
|Kali Linux Wireless Penetration Testing Beginner's Guide - Third Edition: Master wireless testing techniques to survey and attack wireless networks with Kali Linux, including the KRACK attack
Lowest new price: $33.24
Lowest used price: $25.96
List price: $34.99
Author: Cameron Buchanan
Kali Linux Wireless Penetration Testing Beginner's Guide, Third Edition presents wireless pentesting from the ground up, and has been updated with the latest methodologies, including full coverage of the KRACK attack.
- Learn wireless penetration testing with Kali Linux
- Detect hidden wireless networks and discover their names
- Explore advanced Wi-Fi hacking techniques including rogue access point hosting and probe sniffing
- Develop your encryption cracking skills and gain an insight into the methods used by attackers and the underlying technologies that facilitate these attacks
As wireless networks become ubiquitous in our lives, wireless penetration testing has become a key skill in the repertoire of the professional penetration tester. This has been highlighted again recently with the discovery of the KRACK attack which enables attackers to potentially break into Wi-Fi networks encrypted with WPA2. The Kali Linux security distribution comes with a myriad of tools used for networking attacks and detecting security loopholes.
Kali Linux Wireless Penetration Testing Beginner's Guide, Third Edition has been updated to Kali Linux 2017.3 with the latest methodologies, including full coverage of the KRACK attack and how to defend against it. The book presents wireless pentesting from the ground up, introducing all elements of penetration testing with each new technology. You'll learn various wireless testing methodologies by example, from the basics of wireless routing and encryption through to detailed coverage of hacking methods and attacks such as the Hirte and Caffe Latte.
What you will learn
- Understand the KRACK attack in full detail
- Create a wireless lab for your experiments
- Sniff out wireless packets, hidden networks, and SSIDs
- Capture and crack WPA-2 keys
- Sniff probe requests and track users through their SSID history
- Attack radius authentication systems
- Sniff wireless traffic and collect interesting data
- Decrypt encrypted traffic with stolen keys
Who This Book Is For
Kali Linux Wireless Penetration Testing Beginner's Guide, Third Edition is suitable for anyone who wants to learn more about pentesting and how to understand and defend against the latest wireless network attacks.
Table of Contents
- Wireless Lab Setup
- WLAN and its Inherent Insecurities
- Bypassing WLAN Authentication
- WLAN Encryption Flaws
- Attacks on the WLAN Infrastructure
- Attacking the Client
- Advanced WLAN Attacks
- KRACK Attacks
- Attacking WPA-Enterprise and RADIUS
- WLAN Penetration Testing Methodology
- WPS and Probes
|Hacking: The Underground Guide to Computer Hacking, Including Wireless Networks, Security, Windows, Kali Linux and Penetration Testing
Lowest new price: $14.01
List price: $14.99
Author: Abraham K White
Learn to hack!
Below are sample topics covered in the book:
- Hacking into Computers and Smartphones
- Ethical Hacking
- Scanning Your Systems
- Pinpointing Specific Vulnerabilities
- The best tools for each kind of hacking
- Cracking Encryption
- Flaws in Websites and Applications
- Attacking with Frameworks
- Penetration Testing
- Step by Step Commands to perform
- Advantages and Disadvantages of WEP, WPA, WPA2, etc
- Other Wireless Hacking Resources
- And various other subjects related to hacking
If you really want to learn more about hacking, then this book will definitely provide you with detailed information as well as other resources you can learn from.
|Mike Meyers' CompTIA A+ Certification Passport, Sixth Edition (Exams 220-901 & 220-902) (Mike Meyers' Certficiation Passport)
Lowest new price: $21.58
Lowest used price: $5.99
List price: $35.00
Author: Mike Meyers
Brand: McGraw-Hill Education
This trusted training and exam quick review guide has been fully revised to cover 100% of the latest CompTIA A+ exam objectives
Thoroughly updated to cover 2015 exam objectives, Mike Meyers’ CompTIA A+ Certification Passport, Sixth Edition teaches the skills necessary to take the exams with complete confidence. You will get full details on hardware and OS technologies, including installation, configuration, diagnostics, and preventive maintenance. New topics include managing and maintaining mobile devices, including tablets; configuring operating systems, including Windows 8, Android, and iOS; and enhanced security and troubleshooting procedures.
Written by certification guru Mike Meyers, this focused study guide offers a proven program for delivering the key information readers need to pass the exams. Additionally, this guide is an ideal entry point for almost any career in IT, highlighting technologies that you will use every day on the job. Staying true to the best-selling Passport series format, this volume uses “Itinerary,” “ETA,” “Warnings,” and “Checkpoints” sections to reinforce important facts.
- Includes a coupon for 10% off of the exam fee―a $37 value
- Presented in the easy-to-follow and engaging style Meyers has made famous
- CD-ROM features two complete exams, free networking utilities, and a searchable eBook
|Exploring BeagleBone: Tools and Techniques for Building with Embedded Linux
Lowest new price: $16.99
Lowest used price: $14.12
List price: $35.00
Author: Derek Molloy
In-depth instruction and practical techniques for building with the BeagleBone embedded Linux platform
Exploring BeagleBone is a hands-on guide to bringing gadgets, gizmos, and robots to life using the popular BeagleBone embedded Linux platform. Comprehensive content and deep detail provide more than just a BeagleBone instruction manual--you'll also learn the underlying engineering techniques that will allow you to create your own projects. The book begins with a foundational primer on essential skills, and then gradually moves into communication, control, and advanced applications using C/C++, allowing you to learn at your own pace. In addition, the book's companion website features instructional videos, source code, discussion forums, and more, to ensure that you have everything you need.
The BeagleBone's small size, high performance, low cost, and extreme adaptability have made it a favorite development platform, and the Linux software base allows for complex yet flexible functionality. The BeagleBone has applications in smart buildings, robot control, environmental sensing, to name a few; and, expansion boards and peripherals dramatically increase the possibilities. Exploring BeagleBone provides a reader-friendly guide to the device, including a crash course in computer engineering. While following step by step, you can:
Hands-on learning helps ensure that your new skills stay with you, allowing you to design with electronics, modules, or peripherals even beyond the BeagleBone. Insightful guidance and online peer support help you transition from beginner to expert as you master the techniques presented in Exploring BeagleBone, the practical handbook for the popular computing platform. Visit the companion website for more information at exploringbeaglebone.com.
- Get up to speed on embedded Linux, electronics, and programming
- Master interfacing electronic circuits, buses and modules, with practical examples
- Explore the Internet-connected BeagleBone and the BeagleBone with a display
- Apply the BeagleBone to sensing applications, including video and sound
- Explore the BeagleBone's Programmable Real-Time Controllers
|Docker: Up & Running: Shipping Reliable Containers in Production
Lowest new price: $20.55
Lowest used price: $15.09
List price: $34.99
Author: Karl Matthias
Brand: O Reilly Media
Updated to cover Docker version 1.10
Docker is quickly changing the way that organizations are deploying software at scale. But understanding how Linux containers fit into your workflow—and getting the integration details right—are not trivial tasks. With this practical guide, you’ll learn how to use Docker to package your applications with all of their dependencies, and then test, ship, scale, and support your containers in production.
Two Lead Site Reliability Engineers at New Relic share much of what they have learned from using Docker in production since shortly after its initial release. Their goal is to help you reap the benefits of this technology while avoiding the many setbacks they experienced.
- Learn how Docker simplifies dependency management and deployment workflow for your applications
- Start working with Docker images, containers, and command line tools
- Use practical techniques to deploy and test Docker-based Linux containers in production
- Debug containers by understanding their composition and internal processes
- Deploy production containers at scale inside your data center or cloud environment
- Explore advanced Docker topics, including deployment tools, networking, orchestration, security, and configuration
Page 4 of 425
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED AS IS AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.