|Browse by Catagory:
Civil Rights & Liberties
War & Peace
Cajun & Creole Cooking
Caribbean & West Indian Cooking
Diabetic & Sugar-Free Cooking
Low Fat Cooking
Middle Eastern Cooking
Pacific Rim Cooking
Home & Garden
Literature & Fiction
Sheet Music & Scores
Environmental & Natural Resources Law
Ethics & Professional Responsibility
Procedures & Litigation
Water Supply & Land Use
Lawyer and Crimal Humor
Outdoors & Nature
Hiking & Camping
Hunting & Fishing
Beer & Beer Making
Health & Fitness
Diets & Weight Loss
Children's Science & Nature
Vitamins & Supplements
Psychology and Counseling
Philosophy of Psychology
Physiological Aspects of Psychology
Psychology of Sexuality
Psychology Testing & Measurement
Chaos & Systems
Geometry & Topology
Logic & Brain Teasers
Chaos & Systems
Geometry & Topology
Probability & Statistics
Experiments, Instruments & Measurement
Chaos & Systems
Fusion & Fission
Nuclear Magnetic Resonance
Waves & Wave Mechanics
Administration & Policy
Allied Health Professions
Medical Education & Training
Endocrinology & Metabolism
Physician & Patient
Insects & Spiders
Fish & Aquariums
Mobile & Wireless Computing: Programming
Linux Kernel & Peripherals
Linux Networking & Administration
State & Local History
Sci Fi Calendars
Bujold, Lois McMaster
Card, Orson Scott
Chalker, Jack L.
Heinlein, Robert A.
McKillip, Patricia A.
Nye, Jody Lynn
|MySQL Stored Procedure Programming: Building High-Performance Web Applications in MySQL
Lowest new price: $9.48
Lowest used price: $3.90
List price: $44.99
Author: Guy Harrison
Brand: Guy Harrison
The implementation of stored procedures in MySql 5.0 a huge milestone -- one that is expected to lead to widespread enterprise adoption of the already extremely popular MySql database. If you are serious about building the web-based database applications of the future, you need to get up to speed quickly on how stored procedures work -- and how to build them the right way. This book, destined to be the bible of stored procedure development, is a resource that no real MySql programmer can afford to do without. In the decade since MySql burst on the scene, it has become the dominant open source database, with capabilities and performance rivaling those of commercial Rdbms offerings like Oracle and Sql Server. Along with Linux and Php, MySql is at the heart of millions of applications. And now, with support for stored procedures, functions, and triggers in MySql 5.0, MySql offers the programming power needed for true enterprise use. MySql's new procedural language has a straightforward syntax, making it easy to write simple programs. But it's not so easy to write secure, easily maintained, high-performance, and bug-free programs. Few in the MySql world have substantial experience yet with stored procedures, but Guy Harrison and Steven Feuerstein have decades of combined expertise. In MySql Stored Procedure Programming
, they put that hard-won experience to good use. Packed with code examples and covering everything from language basics to application building to advanced tuning and best practices, this highly readable book is the one-stop guide to MySql development. It consists of four major sections:
- MySql stored programming fundamentals -- tutorial, basic statements, Sql in stored programs, and error handling
- Building MySql stored programs -- transaction handling, built-in functions, stored functions, and triggers
- MySql stored programs in applications -- using stored programs with Php, Java, Perl, Py
- MySQL Stored Procedure Programming
|Microsoft Access 2013 Programming by Example with VBA, XML, and ASP (Computer Science)
Lowest new price: $31.19
Lowest used price: $25.24
List price: $49.95
Author: Julitta Korol
With more than 275 applied examples and 10 projects, Access users can quickly build database solutions with ActiveX Data Objects (ADO), perform database tasks with Jet/Access Structured Query Language (SQL) and export/import Access data to and from XML both manually and programmatically. The book, which covers the latest release of Access and earlier versions, is divided into five parts: an introduction to VBA programming, manipulating databases with ADO, using DDL, event programming, and using ASP and XML. The text will show you how to write and debug your programming code with the Visual Basic Editor; understand and use common VBA programming structures such as conditions, loops, arrays, and collections; code a “message box” and reprogram characteristics of a database; query and manipulate your database from a Web browser with Active Server Pages (ASP) and many more practical techniques.Covers in great detail the latest version of Access and all of its features. Includes more than 275 applied examples and 10 projects. Covers Office Web Apps
|Exam Ref 70-487 Developing Windows Azure and Web Services (MCSD)
Lowest new price: $17.00
Lowest used price: $7.93
List price: $39.99
Author: William Ryan
Prepare for Microsoft Exam 70-487—and help demonstrate your real-world mastery of developing Windows Azure and web services. Designed for experienced developers ready to advance their status, Exam Ref focuses on the critical-thinking and decision-making acumen needed for success at the Microsoft Specialist level.
Focus on the expertise measured by these objectives:
- Accessing data
- Querying and manipulating data by using the Entity Framework
- Designing and implementing WCF Services
- Creating and consuming Web API-based services
- Deploying web applications and services
This Microsoft Exam Ref:
- Organizes its coverage by exam objectives.
- Features strategic, what-if scenarios to challenge you.
|XML For Dummies
Lowest new price: $6.07
Lowest used price: $1.99
List price: $29.99
Author: Lucinda Dykes
Brand: Brand: For Dummies
See how XML works for business needs and RSS feeds
Create consistency on the Web, or tag your data for different purposes
Tag -- XML is it! XML tags let you share your format as well as your data, and this handy guide will show you how. You'll soon be using this markup language to create everything from Web sites to business forms, discovering schemas and DOCTYPES, wandering the Xpath, teaming up XML with Office 2003, and more.
Discover how to
* Make information portable
* Use XML with Word 2003
* Store different types of data
* Convert HTML documents to XHTML
* Add CSS to XML
* Understand and use DTDs
- Used Book in Good Condition
|XML Programming Success in a Day: Beginner?s Guide to Fast, Easy, and Efficient Learning of XML Programming
Lowest new price: $17.12
Lowest used price: $16.91
List price: $58.27
Author: Sam Key
Brand: Key Sam
XML Programming at its best!
Discover A Book That Tells You What You Should Do and How!
Instead of jumping right into the instructions, this book will provide you first with all the necessary concepts that you need to learn in order to make the learning process a whole lot easier.
This way, you’re sure not to get lost in confusion once you get to the more complex lessons provided in the latter chapters. Graphs and flowcharts, as well as sample codes, are provided for a more visual approach on your learning
You will also learn the designs and forms of XML, and what’s more convenient than getting to know both sides! Want to know More?
Easy! Just Scroll up and click the “Buy” Button and you can have your own copy of XML Programming Success in a Day
- XML Programming Success in a Day Beginner s Guide to Fast Easy and Efficient Learning of XML Programming
|DITA for Print: A DITA Open Toolkit Workbook, Second Edition
Lowest new price: $35.25
Lowest used price: $35.19
List price: $35.95
Author: Leigh W White
As DITA has become more and more popular, demand has increased for tools that can provide high quality PDFs from DITA content. The DITA Open Toolkit provides a basic PDF capability, but nearly any real-world application will require customization.
Leigh White's book, DITA for Print, has become the go-to reference for building a print customization plugin for the DITA Open Toolkit. This second edition covers Open Toolkit, version 2, including customizing the DITA 1.3 troubleshooting topic type, localization strings, bookmarks, and the new back-cover functionality.
DITA for Print is for anyone who wants to learn how to create PDFs using the DITA Open Toolkit without learning everything there is to know about XSL-FO, XSLT, or XPath, or even about the DITA Open Toolkit itself. DITA for Print is written for nonprogrammers, by a non-programmer, and although it is written for people who have a good understanding of the DITA standard, you don't need a technical background to get custom PDFs up and running quickly.
Custom PDF plugin creation:
- Organization of the DITA Open Toolkit
- Installing the DITA Open Toolkit
- Creating your own plugin
DITA Open Toolkit builds:
- Setting up the ANT build environment
- Setting up a PDF renderer
- Setting up fonts
- Managing attribute sets, localization variables, and localization strings
Formatting your content:
- Page masters
- Page headers and footers
- Cover pages (front and back)
- Titles, body text, lists, and notes
- Task topics, tables, and images
- Links, xrefs, and footnotes
- Table of Contents, lists of tables and figures, bookmarks, and indexes
|WiX 3.6: A Developer's Guide to Windows Installer XML
Lowest new price: $49.96
Lowest used price: $17.72
List price: $49.99
Author: Nick Ramirez
If you're a developer needing to create installers for Microsoft Windows, then this book is essential. It's a step-by-step tutorial that teaches you all you need to know WiX 3.6: the professional way to produce a Windows installer package.
- Brings the reader up to speed on all of the major features of WiX, including the new bootstrapper engine, Burn.
- Provides a richer understanding of the underlying Windows Installer technology.
- Showcases the flexibility and versatility of WiX, with a few tips and tricks along the way.
The cryptic science of Windows Installer can seem far off from the practical task of simply getting something installed. Luckily, we have WiX to simplify the matter. WiX is an XML markup, distributed with an open-source compiler and linker, used to produce a Windows Installer package. It is used by Microsoft and by countless other companies around the world to simplify deployments.
"WiX 3.6: A Developer's Guide to Windows Installer XML" promises a friendly welcome into the world of Windows Installer. Starting off with a simple, practical example and continuing on with increasingly advanced scenarios, the reader will have a well-rounded education by book's end .
With the help of this book, you'll understand your installer better, create it in less time, and save money in the process. No one really wants to devote a lifetime to understanding how to create a hassle-free installer. Learn to build a sophisticated deployment solution targeting the Windows platform in no time with this hands-on practical guide. Here we speed you through the basics and zoom right into the advanced. You'll get comfortable with components, features, conditions and actions. By the end, you’ll be boasting your latest deployment victories at the local pub.
Once you've finished "WiX 3.6: A Developer's Guide to Windows Installer XML", you'll realize just how powerful and awesome an installer can really be.
What you will learn from this book
- Register with Add/Remove Programs and build in a consistent way to uninstall your software.
- Customize an easy to navigate install Wizard.
- Gain an understanding of the order in which events happen during an install and how to hook into this process.
- Learn how WiX builds and links your files into the final MSI package and how to fine tune this process.
- Make your project more modular with Fragments, Components, and ComponentGroups.
- Prevent users from installing your software on unsupported operating systems and introduce other prerequisite checks.
- Install, start, stop, and uninstall Windows services at the time of setup.
- Bootstrap required dependencies before installing your own software.
A step-by-step tutorial with plenty of code and examples to improve your learning curve.
Who this book is written for
If you are a developer and want to create installers for software targeting the Windows platform, then this book is for you. You'll be using plenty of XML and ought to know the basics of writing a well-formed document. No prior experience in WiX or Windows Installer is assumed. You should know your way around Visual Studio to compile projects, add project references and tweak project properties.
|Node.js in Action
Lowest new price: $18.99
Lowest used price: $9.95
List price: $44.99
Author: Mike Cantelon
Brand: Brand: Manning Publications
Node.js in Action is an example-driven tutorial that starts at square one and guides you through all the features, techniques, and concepts you'll need to build production-quality Node applications. You'll start by learning how to set up your Node development environment, including loading the community-created extensions. Next, you'll run several simple demonstration programs where you'll learn the basics of a few common types of Node applications. Then you'll dive into asynchronous programming, a model Node leverages to lessen application bottlenecks.
About this Book
Purchase of the print book includes a free eBook in PDF, Kindle, and ePub formats from Manning Publications.
- Set up Node and extensions
- Grok asynchronous programming and the event loop
- Examples including microblogging, IM, games, and more
About the Authors
As skilled practitioners, expert teachers and trainers, and contributors to the core framework, authors Mike Cantelon, Marc Harter, T.J. Holowaychuk, and Nathan Rajlich represent the best of the Node.js development community.
Table of Contents
PART 1 NODE FUNDAMENTALS
- Welcome to Node.js
- Building a multiroom chat application
- Node programming fundamentals
PART 2 WEB APPLICATION DEVELOPMENT WITH NODE
- Building Node web applications
- Storing Node application data
- Connect's built-in middleware
- Advanced Express
- Testing Node applications
- Web application templating
PART 3 GOING FURTHER WITH NODE
- Deploying Node applications and maintaining uptime
- Beyond web servers
- The Node ecosystem
- Used Book in Good Condition
|SVG Essentials: Producing Scalable Vector Graphics with XML
Lowest new price: $21.72
Lowest used price: $20.43
List price: $39.99
Author: J. David Eisenberg
Brand: O Reilly Media
Learn the essentials of Scalable Vector Graphics, the mark-up language used by most vector drawing programs and interactive web graphics tools. SVG Essentials takes you through SVG’s capabilities, beginning with simple line drawings and moving through complicated features such as filters, transformations, gradients, and patterns.
This thoroughly updated edition includes expanded coverage of animation, interactive graphics, and scripting SVG. Interactive examples online make it easy for you to experiment with SVG features in your web browser. Geared toward experienced designers, this book also includes appendices that explain basic concepts such as XML markup and CSS styling, so even if you have no web design experience, you can start learning SVG.
- Create and style graphics to match your web design in a way that looks great when printed or displayed on high-resolution screens
- Make your charts and decorative headings accessible to search engines and assistive technologies
- Add artistic effects to your graphics, text, and photographs using SVG masks, filters, and transformations
- Create SVG from existing vector data or XML data, using programming languages and XSLT
Lowest new price: $48.14
Lowest used price: $2.00
List price: $49.99
Author: David Flanagan
Brand: O'Reilly Media
- Scripted HTTP and Ajax
- XML processing
- Client-side graphics using the canvas tag
- Generate a table of contents for an HTML document
- Display DHTML animations
- Automate form validation
- Draw dynamic pie charts
- Make HTML elements draggable
- Define keyboard shortcuts for web applications
- Create Ajax-enabled tool tips
- Use XPath and XSLT on XML documents loaded with Ajax
- And much more
- Used Book in Good Condition
Page 4 of 121
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED AS IS AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.