|Browse by Catagory:
Civil Rights & Liberties
War & Peace
Cajun & Creole Cooking
Caribbean & West Indian Cooking
Diabetic & Sugar-Free Cooking
Low Fat Cooking
Middle Eastern Cooking
Pacific Rim Cooking
Home & Garden
Literature & Fiction
Sheet Music & Scores
Environmental & Natural Resources Law
Ethics & Professional Responsibility
Procedures & Litigation
Water Supply & Land Use
Lawyer and Crimal Humor
Outdoors & Nature
Hiking & Camping
Hunting & Fishing
Beer & Beer Making
Health & Fitness
Diets & Weight Loss
Children's Science & Nature
Vitamins & Supplements
Psychology and Counseling
Philosophy of Psychology
Physiological Aspects of Psychology
Psychology of Sexuality
Psychology Testing & Measurement
Chaos & Systems
Geometry & Topology
Logic & Brain Teasers
Chaos & Systems
Geometry & Topology
Probability & Statistics
Experiments, Instruments & Measurement
Chaos & Systems
Fusion & Fission
Nuclear Magnetic Resonance
Waves & Wave Mechanics
Administration & Policy
Allied Health Professions
Medical Education & Training
Endocrinology & Metabolism
Physician & Patient
Insects & Spiders
Fish & Aquariums
Mobile & Wireless Computing: Programming
Linux Kernel & Peripherals
Linux Networking & Administration
State & Local History
Sci Fi Calendars
Bujold, Lois McMaster
Card, Orson Scott
Chalker, Jack L.
Heinlein, Robert A.
McKillip, Patricia A.
Nye, Jody Lynn
Beer & Beer Making
|How To Brew: Everything You Need to Know to Brew Great Beer Every Time
Lowest new price: $15.87
Lowest used price: $11.32
List price: $24.95
Author: John J. Palmer
Brand: John J Palmer
How To Brew: Everything You Need to Know to Brew Great Beer Every Time (Fourth Edition)
By John Palmer
Fully revised and updated, How to Brew is the definitive guide to making quality beers at home. Whether you want simple, sure-fire instructions for making your first beer, or you're a seasoned homebrewer working with all-grain batches, this book has something for you. John Palmer adeptly covers the full range of brewing possibilities―accurately, clearly and simply. From ingredients and methods to recipes and equipment for brewing beer at home, How to Brew is loaded with valuable information on brewing techniques and recipe formulation.
A perennial best seller since the release of the third edition in 2006, How to Brew, is a must-have to update every new and seasoned brewer's library.
This completely revised and updated edition includes:
- More emphasis on the “top six priorities”: sanitation, fermentation temperature control, yeast management, the boil, good recipes, and water.
- Five new chapters covering malting and brewing, strong beers, fruit beers, sour beers, and adjusting water for style.
- All other chapters revised and expanded:
- Expanded and updated charts, graphs, equations, and visuals.
- Expanded information on using beer kits.
- Thorough revision of mashing and lautering chapters:
- Expanded tables of recommended times and temperatures for single-infusion, multiple-step, and decoction mashing.
- Complete discussion of first wort gravity as a function of water to grist ratio.
- Complete revision of infusion and decoction equations.
- Revised and updated information on managing your fermentation:
- Yeast pitching and starters.
- Yeast starter growth factors.
- Yeast and the maturation cycle.
- And much more!
- How to Brew Everything You Need to Know to Brew Great Beer Every Time
|Goodnight Brew: A Parody for Beer People
Lowest new price: $11.99
Lowest used price: $2.69
List price: $16.95
Author: Karla Oceanak
Brand: Oceanak Karla
It’s closing time at the brewery. While the moon rises, the brewery crew—including three little otters (in charge of the water), a wort hog, and a hops wildebeest—introduce us to the brewing equipment, ingredients, and styles of beer. Join this fanciful crew as they close down for the evening and say goodnight to the brew kettle, barley and yeast, hops and mash, saison, porter, IPA, and much more.
Befuddled about beer ingredients? Puzzled about the brew process? Can’t remember the difference between an ale and a lager? Don’t miss the brew infographics that follow the story!
This humorous parody of a children's literature classic is a "pitcher book" for grown-ups. It's a besotted bedtime story for beer lovers everywhere!
- Goodnight Brew A Parody for Beer People
|The Beer Bible
Lowest new price: $10.35
Lowest used price: $6.73
List price: $19.95
Author: Jeff Alworth
Brand: Alworth, Jeff
Winner of a 2016 IACP Award
The ultimate reader- and drinker-friendly guide to the world’s ales and beers, and the book that approaches the subject in the same way beer lovers do—by style, just like a welcoming pub menu.
Divided into four major families—ales, lagers, wheat beers, and sour and wild ales—The Beer Bible covers everything a beer drinker wants to know about the hundreds of types of beers made, from bitters, sessions, and IPAs to weisses, wits, lambics, and more. Each style is a chapter unto itself, delving into origins, ingredients, description and characteristics, sub-styles, and tasting notes, and ending with a recommended list of the beers to know in each category. Infographic charts throughout make understanding the connection between styles and families immediately understandable.
The book is written for passionate beginners, who will love its “if you like X, try Y” feature; for intermediate beer lovers eager to go deeper; and for true geeks, who will find new information on every page.
- Six informative chapters
- Learn more about brewing, drinking, and tasting beer
- Over 100 types of beer listed!
|Drinking with the Saints: The Sinner's Guide to a Holy Happy Hour
Lowest new price: $17.90
Lowest used price: $9.09
List price: $29.99
Author: Michael P. Foley
Brand: Foley Michael P
Pub crawl your way through the sacred seasons with this entertaining and useful collection of cocktail recipes, distilled spirits, beer, and wine for virtually every occasion on the Catholic liturgical calendar. One part bartender's guide, one part spiritual manual, a dash of irreverence, and mixed with love: Drinking with the Saints is a work that both sinner and saint will savor.
- Drinking with the Saints The Sinner s Guide to a Holy Happy Hour
|National Geographic Atlas of Beer: A Globe-Trotting Journey Through the World of Beer
Lowest new price: $25.78
Lowest used price: $25.89
List price: $40.00
Author: Nancy Hoalst-Pullen
This ultimate beer lover's guide to the world is filled with stunning photography, unique drinking destinations, little-known histories, and insider knowledge from brewers and bar owners around the globe. This cover has a vintage design and a slightly worn look is intentional.
The most comprehensive beer atlas available, this richly illustrated compendium includes more beers and more countries than any other book of its kind. Including beer recommendations from Garrett Oliver, the renowned brewmaster of Brooklyn Brewery, and written by "beer geographers" Nancy Hoalst-Pullen and Mark Patterson, this indispensable guide features more than 100 illuminating maps and 200 beautiful color photos. You’ll find beer history, trends, and tasting across six continents (and how to order a beer in 14 languages!). Travel tips include the best breweries, beer festivals, and pubs in each location. Smart, compelling, and practical, this essential guide will help you discover the best beer wherever you are.
|The United States Of Craft Beer: A Guide to the Best Craft Breweries Across America
Lowest new price: $11.42
Lowest used price: $7.00
List price: $19.99
Author: Jess Lebow
Brand: LeBow Jess
From California to Maine--check out the greatest craft breweries in the United States!
Fifty fascinating states, 50 awesome breweries, and 50+ handcrafted beers--what more could you ask for? In The United States of Craft Beer, beer expert and homebrewer Jess Lebow invites you along on his state-by-state exploration of America's greatest breweries. From Jack's Abby Brewing in Massachusetts to the Maui Brewing Company in Hawaii, this guide teaches you everything you need to know about the people who make the nation's best-tasting beers and the innovative brewing methods that help create the perfect batch. Each intoxicating entry also highlights other popular beers that can be found throughout that state, so that you can sample every delicious sip the United States has to offer.
Complete with photos of the beers and breweries, The United States of Craft Beer gives you the lowdown on all things craft beer as you make your way across the country.
- The United States of Craft Beer A Guide to the Best Craft Breweries Across America
|The Complete Joy of Homebrewing Fourth Edition: Fully Revised and Updated
Lowest new price: $10.55
Lowest used price: $6.71
List price: $18.99
Author: Charlie Papazian
Brand: Charles Papazian
Fully Revised and Updated, The Complete Joy of Homebrewing is everything you need to know to brew beer at home from start to finish including new recipes, updated charts on hop varieties, secrets to fermentation, beer kit tips, and more—from the master of homebrewing.
The Complete Joy of Homebrewing is the essential guide to understanding and making beer, from stouts, ales, lagers, and bitters, to specialty beers and meads. Everything to get started is here: the basics of building a home brewery, world-class proven recipes, easy-to-follow instructions, and the latest advancements in brewing. Master brewer Charlie Papazian also includes the history and lore of beer, the science behind brewing, and tips on how to create your own original ale.
This completely revised and updated edition includes:
- An expanded and updated homebrew recipe chart: How to brew 53 traditional beers
- A Beer Styles chart with easy-to-understand descriptions of key flavor and aroma characters along with homebrew technical data to make your own recipe formulations
- A list of more than 75 beer types describing strength, hop aroma, bitterness, flavor, color, sweetness, and alcohol percentage
- Expanded charts on 68 hop varieties, descriptions, and uses
- Brand new recipes
- Beer kit tips
- Key information about using and understanding hops
- Five secrets to fermentation
- And much more
- The Complete Joy of Homebrewing Fourth Edition Fully Revised and Updated
|The American Craft Beer Cookbook: 155 Recipes from Your Favorite Brewpubs and Breweries
Lowest new price: $9.49
Lowest used price: $1.99
List price: $19.95
Author: John Holl
Brand: Workman Press
There's a revolution going on in the beer world. The food you eat should be just as delicious as the beer you drink and award-winning beer journalist John Holl captures the best of the brewery and brewpub menus in his latest book, The American Craft Beer Cookbook. The 155 recipes cover breakfast to dessert, with vegetarian and gluten free options along with soups, seafood and more.
The recipes were contributed by breweries, brewpubs and other beer lovers across the United States. You'll love the new twists on traditional favorites, such as Slow-Cooked Dopple Bock BBQ Meatballs and American Wheat Beer Steamed Clams, as well as unexpected recipes like Crawfish Bordelaise, Roasted Pheasant,Chopped Reuben Salad, Beermosas, and Pineapple Brown Sugar Pale Ale Cupcakes.
It is a celebration of craft beer, food, and the people behind it.
- 155 recipes
- 10 chapters plus extra!
- How to cook with beer explained
- The Craft Beer Bites Cookbook: 100 Recipes for Sliders, Skewers, Mini Desserts, and More--All Made with Beer
- The Craft Beer Cookbook: From IPAs and Bocks to Pilsners and Porters, 100 Artisanal Recipes for Cooking with Beer
- The United States Of Craft Beer: A Guide to the Best Craft Breweries Across America
- Beer-infused Hot Sauce (Variety Pack) - Asian Sriracha, Garlic Serrano, & Roasty Chipotle
- Beer Bites: Tasty Recipes and Perfect Pairings for Brew Lovers
- The Beer Bible
- Beer, Food, and Flavor: A Guide to Tasting, Pairing, and the Culture of Craft Beer
- Beer Pairing: The Essential Guide from the Pairing Pros
- Goodnight Brew: A Parody for Beer People
- Beer and Food: Bringing together the finest food and the best craft beers in the world
|The Brew Your Own Big Book of Homebrewing: All-Grain and Extract Brewing * Kegging * 50+ Craft Beer Recipes * Tips and Tricks from the Pros
Lowest new price: $14.99
Lowest used price: $14.90
List price: $21.99
Author: Brew Your Own
Brand: Voyageur Press MN
Packed with recipes, expert advice, step-by-step photos, and more, this official guide from Brew Your Own is a necessity for anyone who's into homebrew.
For more than two decades, America's homebrewers have turned to Brew Your Own magazine for the best information on making incredible beer at home. From well-tested recipes to expert advice, Brew Your Own sets the standard for quality. Now, for the first time, the magazine's best homebrew guides, recipes, troubleshooting, and tips are brought together in one book.
The Brew Your Own Big Book of Homebrewing is the ultimate all-in-one homebrew book. It's a first-time homebrewer's best friend, explaining the entire brewing process from start to finish with step-by-step photography. Yet it has plenty for the experienced homebrewer as well, including:
- Fully-illustrated guides for making the jump to all-grain brewing and for setting up your first kegging system
- More than 50 sought-after recipes to craft your favorite breweries' beers
- A deep dive on brewing ingredients
- The most useful troubleshooting features and tips from the pros from two decades of the magazine
Whether you're looking to get into brewing, up your game, or find inspiration for your next brew day, this book has what you need.
|Wild Fermentation: The Flavor, Nutrition, and Craft of Live-Culture Foods, 2nd Edition
Lowest new price: $18.57
Lowest used price: $16.70
List price: $29.95
Author: Sandor Ellix Katz
Brand: Sandor Ellix Katz
The Book That Started the Fermentation Revolution
Sandor Ellix Katz, winner of a James Beard Award and New York Times bestselling author, whom Michael Pollan calls the “Johnny Appleseed of Fermentation” returns to the iconic book that started it all, but with a fresh perspective, renewed enthusiasm, and expanded wisdom from his travels around the world. This self-described fermentation revivalist is perhaps best known simply as Sandorkraut, which describes his joyful and demystifying approach to making and eating fermented foods, the health benefits of which have helped launch a nutrition-based food revolution.
Since its publication in 2003, and aided by Katz’s engaging and fervent workshop presentations, Wild Fermentation has inspired people to turn their kitchens into food labs: fermenting vegetables into sauerkraut, milk into cheese or yogurt, grains into sourdough bread, and much more. In turn, they’ve traded batches, shared recipes, and joined thousands of others on a journey of creating healthy food for themselves, their families, and their communities. Katz’s work earned him the Craig Clairborne lifetime achievement award from the Southern Foodways Alliance, and has been called “one of the unlikely rock stars of the American food scene” by The New York Times.
This updated and revised edition, now with full color photos throughout, is sure to introduce a whole new generation to the flavors and health benefits of fermented foods. It features many brand-new recipes―including Strawberry Kvass, African Sorghum Beer, and Infinite Buckwheat Bread―and updates and refines original recipes reflecting the author’s ever-deepening knowledge of global food traditions that has influenced four-star chefs and home cooks alike. For Katz, his gateway to fermentation was sauerkraut. So open this book to find yours, and start a little food revolution right in your own kitchen.
Praise for Sandor Ellix Katz and his books:
“The Art of Fermentation is an extraordinary book, and an impressive work of passion and scholarship.”―Deborah Madison, author of Local Flavors
“Sandor Katz has proven himself to be the king of fermentation.”―Sally Fallon Morell, President, The Weston A. Price Foundation
“Sandor Katz has already awakened more people to the diversity and deliciousness of fermented foods than any other single person has over the last century.”―Gary Paul Nabhan, author of Growing Food in a Hotter, Drier Land
“The fermenting bible.” ― Newsweek
“In a country almost clinically obsessed with sterilization Katz reminds us of the forgotten benefits of living in harmony with our microbial relatives.” ― Grist
- The Art of Fermentation: An In-Depth Exploration of Essential Concepts and Processes from around the World
- Fermented Vegetables: Creative Recipes for Fermenting 64 Vegetables & Herbs in Krauts, Kimchis, Brined Pickles, Chutneys, Relishes & Pastes
- The Easy Weight - Fermentation Weights with Grooved Handles - Small Batch Sauerkraut, Pickles or Other Fermented Foods- Fermenting for ANY Wide Mouth Mason Jars (4 Pack)
- Easy Fermenter Wide Mouth Lid Kit: Simplified Fermenting In Jars Not Crock Pots! Make Sauerkraut, Kimchi, Pickles Or Any Fermented Probiotic Foods. 3 Lids, Extractor Pump & Recipe eBook - Mold Free
- The Big Book of Kombucha: Brewing, Flavoring, and Enjoying the Health Benefits of Fermented Tea
- 4-Pack of Fermentation Glass Weights with Easy Grip Handle for Wide Mouth Mason Jar
- Wild Fermentation: A Do-It-Yourself Guide to Cultural Manipulation (DIY)
- Nourishing Traditions: The Cookbook that Challenges Politically Correct Nutrition and Diet Dictocrats
- Fiery Ferments: 70 Stimulating Recipes for Hot Sauces, Spicy Chutneys, Kimchis with Kick, and Other Blazing Fermented Condiments
- Basic Fermentation: A Do-It-Yourself Guide to Cultural Manipulation (DIY)
Page 1 of 257
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED AS IS AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.