|Browse by Catagory:
Civil Rights & Liberties
War & Peace
Cajun & Creole Cooking
Caribbean & West Indian Cooking
Diabetic & Sugar-Free Cooking
Low Fat Cooking
Middle Eastern Cooking
Pacific Rim Cooking
Home & Garden
Literature & Fiction
Sheet Music & Scores
Environmental & Natural Resources Law
Ethics & Professional Responsibility
Procedures & Litigation
Water Supply & Land Use
Lawyer and Crimal Humor
Outdoors & Nature
Hiking & Camping
Hunting & Fishing
Beer & Beer Making
Health & Fitness
Diets & Weight Loss
Children's Science & Nature
Vitamins & Supplements
Psychology and Counseling
Philosophy of Psychology
Physiological Aspects of Psychology
Psychology of Sexuality
Psychology Testing & Measurement
Chaos & Systems
Geometry & Topology
Logic & Brain Teasers
Chaos & Systems
Geometry & Topology
Probability & Statistics
Experiments, Instruments & Measurement
Chaos & Systems
Fusion & Fission
Nuclear Magnetic Resonance
Waves & Wave Mechanics
Administration & Policy
Allied Health Professions
Medical Education & Training
Endocrinology & Metabolism
Physician & Patient
Insects & Spiders
Fish & Aquariums
Mobile & Wireless Computing: Programming
Linux Kernel & Peripherals
Linux Networking & Administration
State & Local History
Sci Fi Calendars
Bujold, Lois McMaster
Card, Orson Scott
Chalker, Jack L.
Heinlein, Robert A.
McKillip, Patricia A.
Nye, Jody Lynn
Diabetic & Sugar-Free Cooking
|The American Diabetes Association Month of Meals Diabetes Meal Planner
Lowest new price: $6.65
Lowest used price: $2.64
List price: $22.95
Author: American Diabetes Association
Brand: Brand: American Diabetes Association
The bestselling Month of Meals series is all here—newly updated and collected into one complete, authoritative volume! With this proven meal-planning system, you'll have thousands of daily menu combinations, with more than 330 diabetes-friendly recipes, and thousands of snack combinations. Stop worrying—and start enjoying your food!
- Used Book in Good Condition
|Everyday Diabetes Meals: Cooking for One or Two
Lowest new price: $15.64
Lowest used price: $13.11
List price: $24.95
Author: Laura Cipullo RD CDE CEDRD CDN
Brand: Cipullo Laura
The recipes are designed for one or two people, but can be easily scaled up if you're entertaining.
Careful meal planning is paramount when it comes to managing diabetes and these delicious and healthy recipes will help you do that -- they're easy to prepare and specifically designed for one or two people.
Living with diabetes takes planning, effort, and thought. This shift in lifestyle may seem daunting, but this cookbook will make it so much easier. The 150 recipes and 14-day meal plan designed for just one or two servings will ease any nutrition anxiety because all the work has been done for you. Each recipe meets the American Diabetes Association's recommendation standard of 45 gram to 60 gram carbohydrate allotment.
These recipes will eliminate or decrease risk of insulin resistance, eliminate or decrease hypoglycemic and hyperglycemic episodes and decrease your risk for the health issues associated with diabetes. And what's more, you'll reduce your food bill, your waistline and improve your blood sugar management!
Every meal, occasion and event has been taken into consideration when Laura and Lisa developed these recipes. This is where their years of experience as nutrition counselors and diabetes educators proves invaluable. From workday lunches to birthday dinners, Thanksgiving dinner, and gluten-free options, Laura and Lisa offer delicious and practical meal ideas. Recipes are organized into:
- Breakfast is Served
- Lunches for You or Two
- Dinner - Party of Two
- Savory Snacks
- Sweet Snacks
- Bonus Section - Hungry for the Holidays
- Bonus Section 2 - Everyday Occasions.
They also offer excellent information on the many faces of diabetes, the complications associated with diabetes and when to screen for them, and the connection between inflammation, obesity and diabetes and much more.
- Everyday Diabetes Meals Cooking for One or Two
|The Insulin Resistance Solution: Reverse Pre-Diabetes, Repair Your Metabolism, Shed Belly Fat, and Prevent Diabetes - with more than 75 recipes by Dana Carpender
Lowest new price: $10.95
Lowest used price: $7.52
List price: $19.99
Author: Rob Thompson
Brand: Dana Carpender Valerie Berkowitz Rob Thompson
Defeat your Insulin Resistance and change your life with an easy-to-follow plan and 75 recipes for a healthier you.
It's proven that a healthy lifestyle can dramatically reduce your chances of diabetes, heart disease, and other illnesses. But where should you start? Americans are slowly becoming ill from impaired glucose metabolism that manifests itself as a debilitating illness or chronic condition. You may try to manage one problem after another– diuretics to treat blood pressure, statins to lower cholesterol, metformin and insulin to treat diabetes--without fully realizing that the root of these issues is insulin resistance which revs up inflammation, damages the immune system, and disrupts the whole hormonal/chemical system in the body.
It's time to feel better and get healthy by following a simple step-by-step plan to a healthy lifestyle. Rob Thompson, MD and Dana Carpender create the ultimate dream team in your journey to wellness.
The Insulin Resistance Solution offers a step-by-step plan and 75 recipes for reversing even the most stubborn insulin resistance.
- Reduce Your Body's Demand for Insulin: This is the stumbling block of many other plans/doctor recommendations. Even "healthy" and "moderate" carb intake can continue to fuel insulin resistance.
- Fat is Not the Enemy: Stop Worrying about Fat, Cholesterol, and Salt
- Exercise--the RIGHT way:
- Use Carb Blockers: Eat and Supplement to Slow Glucose Digestion and Lower Insulin Levels
- Safe, Effective Medication
- The Insulin Resistance Solution Reverse Pre Diabetes Repair Your Metabolism Shed Belly Fat and Prevent Diabetes with more than 75 recipes by Dana Carpender
|The Cultured Cook: Delicious Fermented Foods with Probiotics to Knock Out Inflammation, Boost Gut Health, Lose Weight & Extend Your Life
Lowest new price: $12.15
Lowest used price: $13.66
List price: $19.95
Author: Michelle Schoffro Cook PhD DNM
Brand: Cook Michelle Schoffro
Transform Everyday Foods into Mouth-Watering Superfoods
Detailing everything you need to begin fermenting in your home kitchen, The Cultured Cook offers recipes and tips for making vegan, gluten-free foods even better for you. From delicious plant-based yogurt and cheese, to basics such as sauerkraut, pickles, and kombucha, to tempting desserts — even ice cream! — you’ll discover ways to add fermented foods to every meal. Your body will enjoy the benefits of probiotics, as well as the increasingly recognized prebiotics, to supercharge your health.
- The Cultured Cook Delicious Fermented Foods to Knock Out Inflammation Boost Gut Health Lose Weight and Extend Your Life
|Diabetic Living Quick & Easy Meals
Lowest new price: $12.20
Lowest used price: $3.49
List price: $19.95
Author: Diabetic Living Editors
Brand: Diabetic Living Editors
Delicious meals in minutes the whole family will enjoy
Eat right for diabetes and get dinner on the table fast with this photo-filled collection of easy, everyday meals from Diabetic Living—the only lifestyle magazine for individuals living with diabetes. These fast-fix recipes—low in fat, carb-smart, and made with nutrient-rich ingredients—make it easy to put healthy meals on the table every night of the week. Enjoy mouthwatering main dishes, such as Pesto Turkey Burgers, Mediterranean Tostadas, and Pork Chops Primavera. You'll find the most current information on the best foods to choose in an eating plan and lots of timesaving tips for making healthy meals in a snap.
- Includes 120 fresh and tasty recipes with a color photo of every recipe
- Every recipe for breakfast, sandwiches, soups and stews, entrees, salads, and sides is ready in 30 minutes or less
- Special slow-cooker and dessert chapters featuring recipes that require only 20 minutes or less of prep time
- Recipes highlight total grams of carbohydrate per serving and provide full nutrition information
- Clear serving-size icons make it easy to see the satisfying portion sizes
With Diabetic Living Quick & Easy Diabetic Meals, fast, fresh food is never far away!
- Diabetic Living Quick Easy Meals
|Sugar Busters! Quick & Easy Cookbook
Lowest new price: $7.49
Lowest used price: $0.99
List price: $26.00
Author: H. Leighton Steward
Brand: Ballantine Books
Which other diet allows you to drink a glass of red wine in the evening? The SUGAR BUSTERS! lifestyle is revolutionizing the way America eats, offering a safe, scientifically sound program for improving health and losing weight.
Now the #1 New York Times bestselling team who forever changed the face of dieting has created the SUGAR BUSTERS! Quick & Easy Cookbook, a delicious new collection of more than 150 simple-to-make recipes and menu ideas. With this wonderful cookbook, the SUGAR BUSTERS! eating program can easily become part of your daily routine. Forget counting calories, weighing your food, and trying to figure out those confusing charts and graphs. The SUGAR BUSTERS! Quick & Easy Cookbook makes preparing tasty, low-sugar or sugar-free fare a snap.
Inside you'll discover
- APPETIZERS and HORS D'OEUVRES
- SOUPS and SALADS
- MAIN COURSES
- SAUCES and DRESSINGS
- COMPREHENSIVE PANTRY SECTION
Whether you're hosting an elaborate holiday bash or a spur-of-the-moment intimate evening for two, or you just need a quick dinner for you and your family, the SUGAR BUSTERS! Quick & Easy Cookbook will help you create the perfect meal.
The Sugar Busters! diet lets you eat just about anything except certain carbohydrates, including refined sugars, red and white potatoes, corn, white rice, highly processed grains, beets, and carrots. This cookbook offers a variety of Sugar Busters!- acceptable recipes, averaging about 40 percent "correct" carbohydrates, 30 percent protein, and 30 percent fat. These recipes won't keep you in the kitchen all day, though most aren't produced in a flash, either. Breakfasts are predominantly egg dishes. Lunches include Stir-Fried Ginger Chicken, Chesapeake Crab Cakes, Whole-Wheat Spaghetti with Olive-Tomato Sauce, Fourth of July Macaroni Salad (colorful with red onions, tomatoes, green bell peppers, and onions), and Bayou Spicy Boiled Shrimp. Dinner entrées emphasize meat, fish, and poultry, with some regional and international dishes. The collection also includes separate recipe sections for vegetables, appetizers, salad dressings, sauces, and holiday dishes.
Many recipes are high in fat, especially saturated fat, such as Green Chilies Cheese Casserole, which uses six large eggs and four cups of grated cheese to eight ounces of green chilies. No nutritional breakdown is provided, so if you're trying to keep your fat intake to 30 percent, you'll have to guess. The authors suggest finishing the meal with "dessert of a simple green salad coated with a subtle olive oil and milk herb dressing or a few bites of cheese" or "a few nuts." If those don't hit the spot, there's a choice of seven dessert recipes, including a high-saturated-fat vanilla ice cream made with six egg yolks, a quart of whole milk, a quart of cream, and a cup of artificial sweetener.
|Dr. Fife's Keto Cookery: Nutritious and Delicious Ketogenic Recipes for Healthy Living
Lowest new price: $13.99
Lowest used price: $19.11
List price: $18.95
Author: Bruce Fife
A ketogenic diet is one that is very low in carbohydrate and high in fat, with moderate protein. Such a diet shifts the body into an ultra-efficient metabolic state in which fat is utilized as the primary source of fuel in place of glucose. This metabolic state, known as nutritional ketosis, has a pronounced therapeutic effect on the body. The diet has proven safe and effective in helping people lose excess weight, improve mental function, balance blood sugar and pressure, improve cholesterol levels, and much more. Described as the ultimate ketogenic cookbook, Dr. Bruce Fife has compiled into one volume his favorite ketogenic recipes, nearly 450 in all! It includes 70 vegetable recipes, 47 salads and 22 dressings, 60 egg recipes, 50 delicious high-fat sauces for meats and vegetables, as well as a variety of mouthwatering wraps, soups, and casseroles, with a creative array of meat, fish, and poultry dishes. With this resource, you will always have plenty of options to choose from for your daily needs. No exotic or hard-to-find ingredients here. This is a practical cookbook that can be used every day for life. All of the recipes are simple, with ingredients that are readily available at your local grocery store. None of the recipes include any artificial sweeteners, sugars, flavor enhancers, gluten, grains, or other questionable ingredients. Recipes use only fresh, wholesome, natural foods to guarantee optimal health.
- Ketone Therapy: The Ketogenic Cleanse and Anti-Aging Diet
- The Coconut Ketogenic Diet: Supercharge Your Metabolism, Revitalize Thyroid Function and Lose Excess Weight
- Stop Vision Loss Now!: Prevent and Heal Cataracts, Glaucoma, Macular Degeneration and Other Common Eye Disorders
- Stop Alzheimer's Now!: How to Prevent & Reverse Dementia, Parkinson's, ALS, Multiple Sclerosis & Other Neurodegenerative Disorders
- The Coconut Oil Miracle: Use Nature's Elixir to Lose Weight, Beautify Skin and Hair, Prevent Heart Disease, Cancer, and Diabetes, Strengthen the Immune System, Fifth Edition
- The Coconut Miracle Cookbook: Over 400 Recipes to Boost Your Health with Nature's Elixir
- Ketone Therapy: The Ketogenic Cleanse and Anti-Aging Diet
- Oil Pulling Therapy: Detoxifying and Healing the Body Through Oral Cleansing
- Cooking with Coconut Flour: A Delicious Low-Carb, Gluten-Free Alternative to Wheat
- Coconut Cures: Preventing and Treating Common Health Problems with Coconut
|The Joy of Gluten-Free, Sugar-Free Baking: 80 Low-Carb Recipes that Offer Solutions for Celiac Disease, Diabetes, and Weight Loss
Lowest new price: $13.13
Lowest used price: $4.75
List price: $30.00
Author: Peter Reinhart
Brand: Ten Speed Press
The first gluten-free baking book from legendary bread maker and James Beard Award-winning author Peter Reinhart, with 80 world-class recipes suitable for wheat sensitive, diabetic, and low-carb/low-sugar dieters.
Amazing, easy-to-make recipes that revolutionize baking for wheat sensitive, diabetic, and low-carb/low-sugar cooks.
After more than two decades of research into gluten-free baking, bestselling author and legendary bread maker Peter Reinhart and his baking partner Denene Wallace deliver more than eighty world-class recipes for delicious breads, pastries, cookies, cakes, and more in The Joy of Gluten-Free, Sugar-Free Baking.
Carefully crafted for anyone who is gluten sensitive, diabetic, or needs to reduce carbs to prevent illness or lose weight, these forgiving recipes taste just as good as the original wheat versions—and are easier to bake than traditional breads. By using readily available or home-ground nut and seed flours and alternative and natural sweeteners as the foundation for their groundbreaking style of baking, Reinhart and Wallace avoid the carb-heavy starch products commonly found in gluten-free baking. Additionally, each recipe can easily be made vegan by following the dairy and egg substitution guidelines.
Bakers of all skill levels will have no trouble creating incredibly flavorful baked goods, such as:
• Toasting Bread, Banana Bread, Nutty Zucchini Bread, and many styles of pizza and focaccia
• Cheddar Cheese and Pecan Crackers, Herb Crackers, Garlic Breadsticks, and pretzels
• Blueberry-Hazelnut Muffins, Lemon and Poppy Seed Scones, and pancakes and waffles
• Coconut-Pecan Cookies, Lemon Drop Cookies, Biscotti, and Peanut Butter Cup Cookies
• Brownies and Blondies, Cinnamon-Raisin Coffee Cake, Pound Cake with Crumb Topping, and Carrot Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting
• Apple Crumble Pie, Pumpkin Pie, Berry Pie, and Vanilla, Chocolate, or Banana Cream Pie
With Reinhart and Wallace’s careful attention to ingredients and balancing of flavors, these delicious gluten-free baked goods with a glycemic load of nearly zero will satisfy anyone’s craving for warm bread or decadent cake.
- Simply Sugar and Gluten-Free: 180 Easy and Delicious Recipes You Can Make in 20 Minutes or Less
- Gluten-free, Sugar-free Cooking: Over 200 Delicious Recipes to Help You Live a Healthier, Allergy-Free Life
- CarbSmart Grain-Free, Sugar-Free Living Cookbook: 50 Amazing Low-Carb & Gluten-Free Recipes For Your Healthy Ketogenic Lifestyle
- Sugar-free Mom: Naturally Sweet and Sugar-free Recipes for the Whole Family
- Sugar-Free Gluten-Free Baking and Desserts: Recipes for Healthy and Delicious Cookies, Cakes, Muffins, Scones, Pies, Puddings, Breads and Pizzas
- The Gluten-Free Almond Flour Cookbook
- Gluten-Free Recipes for People with Diabetes: A Complete Guide to Healthy, Gluten-Free Living
- Bread Revolution: World-Class Baking with Sprouted and Whole Grains, Heirloom Flours, and Fresh Techniques
- Baking with Less Sugar: Recipes for Desserts Using Natural Sweeteners and Little-to-No White Sugar
- The Healthy Coconut Flour Cookbook: More than 100 *Grain-Free *Gluten-Free *Paleo-Friendly Recipes for Every Occasion
|Fat Fast Cookbook: 50 Easy Recipes to Jump Start Your Low Carb Weight Loss
Lowest new price: $8.67
Lowest used price: $4.98
List price: $9.95
Author: Dana Carpender
Jump-Start Your Low Carb Weight Loss with Fat Fast Cookbook!
If you suspect you’ve been doing something wrong, we’ve got your solution.
- Are you having trouble losing weight, even on the Atkins Induction phase?
- Have you lost weight successfully on low carb, but hit a plateau or started to regain weight even though you’re still following your low carb diet?
- Are you looking for a way to add more healthy fat to your low carb diet?
Introducing your new low carb weight loss tools: The Fat Fast and Nutritional Ketosis.
Your Weight Loss Stall Is Not Your Fault
For years you’ve been told that eating fat makes you fat and that a calorie is a calorie is a calorie. Anyone who understands the science of Low Carb dieting knows this is just not true.
Who would have thought that the fastest way to lose fat – while maintaining muscle mass – was to eat mostly fat?!
In testing, the Fat Fast – 5 Days, 1000 calories per day, 90% from pure fat – resulted in average fat loss – not just weight loss, but fat loss – of over a pound per day! It’s a radical, short-term strategy, but boy, does it work – and it’s based on clinical research.
The Fat Fast Cookbook includes 50 fabulous low carb, high fat recipes that can help you break your weight loss stall or help your body become keto-adapted, catapulting you into Nutritional Ketosis. It does this with 50 great recipes to help you implement the Fat Fast.
Break Your Weight Loss Stall with the Atkins Fat Fast
Popularized by Dr. Robert Atkins in his book Dr. Atkins New Diet Revolution, the Fat Fast is the most powerful tool for getting metabolically resistant low carb dieters back into Nutritional Ketosis and restarting their low carb weight loss.
Restart Your Low Carb Weight Loss With Nutritional Ketosis
Nutritional Ketosis is a metabolic state in which we use stored body fat for energy. The Fat Fast helps low carbers break weight loss plateaus and rapidly get back to burning fat for fuel when they have gone off plan.
Here’s What You’ll Get In The Fat Fast Cookbook
50 Delicious Low Carb / High Fat Recipes:
These quick and easy-to-prepare recipes are written by Dana Carpender, Managing Editor of CarbSmart and author of 500 Paleo Recipes with contributions by low carb bloggers Amy Dungan and Rebecca Latham.
The Science Behind the Fat Fast:
Dana Carpender explains the science of the Fat Fast, it’s history and why and how it works.
Using the Fat Fast in Your Low Carb Lifestyle:
The Fat Fast is a short-term tool for jump-starting your low carb weight loss. Dana details strategies for incorporating the Fat Fast into your long-term Low Carb diet plans.
Easy to Find Ingredients For Your Fat Fast Recipes:
We include a list of easy-to-find foods and ingredients you’ll need for your Fat Fast recipes whether you purchase them in your local supermarket or online.
What Is Nutritional Ketosis and Why is It Important written by Jimmy Moore: Jimmy Moore, the Low Carb Community’s #1 Blogger, Podcaster and Low Carb Diet expert describes Nutritional Ketosis, how it works and how it helped him jump-start his low carb weight loss and help him lose over 60 pounds!
- Yogurt Parfait Fat Fast Recipe
- Boursin Stuffed Mushrooms
- Yogurt Parfait
- Jalapeno Poppers
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Bombs
- Fat Fast Mac-and-Cheese
- Mocha Mascarpone Mousse
- Coconut Flax Bread
- Sweet-and-Tangy Macaroni Salad
- Coco Cocoa Fat Bombs
- Butter-Roasted Pecans
- Asparagus with Wasabi Mayonnaise
- Salmon Bisque
- Fat Fast Cookbook 2: 50 More Low-Carb High-Fat Recipes to Induce Deep Ketosis, Tame Your Appetite, Cause Crazy-Fast Weight Loss, Improve Metabolism
- 200 Low-Carb, High-Fat Recipes
- Bacon & Butter: The Ultimate Ketogenic Diet Cookbook
- Sweet and Savory Fat Bombs: 100 Delicious Treats for Fat Fasts, Ketogenic, Paleo, and Low-Carb Diets
- Low Carb High Fat No Hunger Diet: Lose Weight With A Ketogenic Hybrid
- The Low-Carb Diabetes Solution Cookbook: Prevent and Heal Type 2 Diabetes with 200 Ultra Low-Carb Recipes - All Recipes 5 Total Carbs or Fewer!
- 300 15-Minute Low-Carb Recipes: Hundreds of Delicious Meals That Let You Live Your Low-Carb Lifestyle and Never Look Back
- 500 Low-Carb Recipes: 500 Recipes, from Snacks to Dessert, That the Whole Family Will Love
- 1,001 Low-Carb Recipes: Hundreds of Delicious Recipes from Dinner to Dessert That Let You Live Your Low-Carb Lifestyle and Never Look Back
- Journey to Health: A Journey Worth Taking: Cooking Keto with Kristie (Volume 2)
|Diabetic Living Eat to Beat Diabetes: Stop Type 2 Diabetes and Prediabetes: 175 Healthy Recipes to Change Your Life
Lowest new price: $7.85
Lowest used price: $2.62
List price: $27.00
Author: Diabetic Living Editors
An achievable plan for beating type 2 diabetes and prediabetes, with more than 100 photos and complete nutrition information.
So much more than a cookbook, Eat to Beat Diabetes is a lifestyle guide for losing weight, balancing blood sugar, and controlling diabetes for good. The book features the 10 research-based, evidence-proven healthy habits you should adopt to gain control over type 2 diabetes or prediabetes. Each chapter presents a new habit and gives simple strategies and expert tips to make it stick. One chapter, Eat More Fruits and Veggies, includes beautifully photographed features on blending fruit and veggie smoothies and creating easy, produce-packed lunches. A second, Get to Know Portions, offers smart tricks for stretching portions (stir nonstarchy cauliflower into mashed potatoes to double the serving). Lending encouragement throughout are profiles of people who have managed their diabetes and turned their lives around. With a lay-flat concealed wiro binding designed for everyday use, this photo-filled book is as much a friendly kitchen companion as an authoritative plan for changing your life.
Page 4 of 377
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED AS IS AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.