|Browse by Catagory:
Civil Rights & Liberties
War & Peace
Cajun & Creole Cooking
Caribbean & West Indian Cooking
Diabetic & Sugar-Free Cooking
Low Fat Cooking
Middle Eastern Cooking
Pacific Rim Cooking
Home & Garden
Literature & Fiction
Sheet Music & Scores
Environmental & Natural Resources Law
Ethics & Professional Responsibility
Procedures & Litigation
Water Supply & Land Use
Lawyer and Crimal Humor
Outdoors & Nature
Hiking & Camping
Hunting & Fishing
Beer & Beer Making
Health & Fitness
Diets & Weight Loss
Children's Science & Nature
Vitamins & Supplements
Psychology and Counseling
Philosophy of Psychology
Physiological Aspects of Psychology
Psychology of Sexuality
Psychology Testing & Measurement
Chaos & Systems
Geometry & Topology
Logic & Brain Teasers
Chaos & Systems
Geometry & Topology
Probability & Statistics
Experiments, Instruments & Measurement
Chaos & Systems
Fusion & Fission
Nuclear Magnetic Resonance
Waves & Wave Mechanics
Administration & Policy
Allied Health Professions
Medical Education & Training
Endocrinology & Metabolism
Physician & Patient
Insects & Spiders
Fish & Aquariums
Mobile & Wireless Computing: Programming
Linux Kernel & Peripherals
Linux Networking & Administration
State & Local History
Sci Fi Calendars
Bujold, Lois McMaster
Card, Orson Scott
Chalker, Jack L.
Heinlein, Robert A.
McKillip, Patricia A.
Nye, Jody Lynn
Low Fat Cooking
|Eat Rich, Live Long: Mastering the Low-Carb & Keto Spectrum for Weight Loss and Longevity
Lowest new price: $18.01
Lowest used price: $13.85
List price: $29.95
Author: Ivor Cummins
keto diet; keto recipes; keto; ketogenic; obesity; overweight; weight loss; diabetes; insulin; prediabetes; heart; heart disease; heart attack; prevention; longevity; health; low carb; high fat; paleo; primal
You can take control of your health, lose weight, prevent disease, and enjoy a long and healthy life. The unique nutritional program outlined in Eat Rich, Live Long is designed by experts to help you feel great while you eat delicious and satisfying foods.
Millions of people have gotten healthy through low-carb plans over the years—and a growing number have discovered the wonderful benefits of ketogenic (Keto) nutrition. Many are confused, though, about how low-carb they should go. Now, Eat Rich, Live Long reveals how mastering the low-carb/Keto spectrum can maximize your weight loss and optimize your health for the long term.
In this book, Ivor Cummins, a world-class engineer and technical master for a huge global tech corporation, and Dr. Jeff Gerber, a family doctor who is widely regarded as a global leader in low-carb nutrition, team up to present their unique perspectives from their extensive clinical, medical, and scientific/research experience. Together, Cummins and Gerber crack the code that shows you how to eat the foods you enjoy, lose weight, and regain robust health. They reveal how the nutritional “experts” have gotten it so wrong for so long by demonizing healthy natural fats in our diets and focusing on cholesterol and LDL as the villains. In fact, as the authors reveal by drawing on the latest peer-reviewed global research, eating a high percentage of natural fats, a moderate amount of protein, and a low percentage of carbs can help you lose weight, prevent disease, satisfy your appetite, turn off your food cravings, and live longer.
The heart of Eat Rich, Live Long is the book’s prescriptive program, which includes a 7-day eating plan, a 14-day eating plan, and more than 50 gourmet-quality low-carb high-fat recipes –illustrated with gorgeous full-color photographs -- for breakfasts, lunches, appetizers, snacks, dinners, drinks, and desserts. Low-carb never tasted so good!
Nutritional sacred cows are constantly being challenged in the media. How much fat should we eat -- and which kinds of fats are best? Which fats can contribute to diabetes, heart disease, and early mortality? Does a high-protein diet increase muscle mass and lead to vigorous health – or can it promote aging, cancer, and early mortality? Which vitamins and minerals should we be taking, if any? How do we change our metabolism so that our bodies burn fat instead of all the sugars we consume? Does intermittent fasting really work? Eat Rich, Live Long lays out the truth based on the latest scientific research.
Eat Rich, Live Long will change the way you look at eating. Meanwhile you will lose weight – and look and feel great.
|Healthy Gut, Flat Stomach: The Fast and Easy Low-FODMAP Diet Plan
Lowest new price: $11.74
Lowest used price: $8.98
List price: $17.95
Author: Danielle Capalino
Brand: Countryman Press
Beat bloat and discomfort with the scientifically proven, easy-to-follow, low-FODMAP plan.
There are a lot of myths about beating stomach bloat and getting a flat tummy, but the FODMAP approach has been scientifically proven to work for both. FODMAPs are sugars found in certain foods that can be hard to digest, and can cause discomfort, gas, and IBS (irritable bowel syndrome) symptoms. Some of the most nutritious foods around are high in these sugars, frustrating people who eat well but still have tummy issues. Apples, garlic, onions, beans, dairy, bread, and cereals are on that list. It may sound complicated or far-fetched but the many converts who have tried the science-supported diet swear by it. In addition to useful everyday advice, the book includes:
40 color photographs
- The differences and similarities between this diet and a gluten-free diet
- 7-day sample menu plan with recipes
- Simple and easy recipes for the basic items you need to adapt to fit into the low-FODMAP diet, including staples like salad dressing, marinade, and dips
- Clear explanations for the science behind the low-FODMAP diet and why it works
- The Low-FODMAP Diet for Beginners: A 7-Day Plan to Beat Bloat and Soothe Your Gut with Recipes for Fast IBS Relief
- The Complete Low-FODMAP Diet: A Revolutionary Plan for Managing IBS and Other Digestive Disorders
- The Low-FODMAP Diet Step by Step: A Personalized Plan to Relieve the Symptoms of IBS and Other Digestive Disorders--with More Than 130 Deliciously Satisfying Recipes
- The Quiet Gut Cookbook: 135 Easy Low-FODMAP Recipes to Soothe Symptoms of IBS, IBD, and Celiac Disease
- The Low-FODMAP Cookbook: 100 Delicious, Gut-Friendly Recipes for IBS and other Digestive Disorders
- The FODMAP Navigator: Low-FODMAP Diet charts with ratings of more than 500 foods, food additives and prebiotics
- Low-Fodmap and Vegan: What to Eat When You Can't Eat Anything
- The SIBO Diet Plan: Four Weeks to Relieve Symptoms and Manage SIBO
- The Low-FODMAP 6-Week Plan and Cookbook: A Step-by-Step Program of Recipes and Meal Plans. Alleviate IBS and Digestive Discomfort!
- The Low-FODMAP Diet Cookbook: 150 Simple, Flavorful, Gut-Friendly Recipes to Ease the Symptoms of IBS, Celiac Disease, Crohn's Disease, Ulcerative Colitis, and Other Digestive Disorders
|Wired to Eat: Turn Off Cravings, Rewire Your Appetite for Weight Loss, and Determine the Foods That Work for You
Lowest new price: $11.48
Lowest used price: $9.00
List price: $26.99
Author: Robb Wolf
From New York Times bestselling author of The Paleo Solution...
One Month to Reset Your Metabolism for Lasting Fat Loss,
One Week to Discover the Carbs that are Right for You.
The surprising truth is that we are genetically wired to eat more and move less, the exact opposite of the advice we are often given. Now there is a more customized weight loss solution that works with your body, a solution based not on arbitrary restriction of foods but on what works for YOU. Developed by former research biochemist, health expert, and bestselling author Robb Wolf, Wired to Eat offers an eating program, based on groundbreaking research, that will rewire your appetite for weight loss and help you finally determine the optimal foods for your diet and metabolism.
With his bestselling book, The Paleo Solution, Robb Wolf helped hundreds of thousands of people lose weight by eating a low-carb Paleo diet, but Paleo is only a starting point, not a destination. Now, he'll share a more customized way of eating that may be the key to permanent weight loss and better health. You'll start with Wolf’s 30-Day Reset to help you restore your body's blood sugar levels, repair your appetite, and reverse insulin resistance. There are more than 70 delicious recipes, detailed meal plans, and shopping lists to aid you on your journey. Wolf also includes meal plans for people who suffer with autoimmune diseases, as well as advice on eating a ketogenic diet. Once you've completed this phase of the plan, the unique 7-Day Carb Test will help you determine what amounts and types of carbs you can tolerate.
No more guessing. Now you can find out for yourself which foods you can and cannot eat, instead of relying on a one-size-fits all diet. Transform your diet by discovering your peronalized weight loss blueprint with Wired to Eat.
- With his bestselling book, The Paleo Solution, Robb Wolf helped hundreds of thousands of people lose weight by eating a low-carb Paleo diet, but Paleo is only a starting point, not a destination. Now, he'll share a more customized way of eating that may be the key to permanent weight loss and better health.
- The Paleo Solution: The Original Human Diet
- The Hungry Brain: Outsmarting the Instincts That Make Us Overeat
- Unconventional Medicine: Join the Revolution to Reinvent Healthcare, Reverse Chronic Disease, and Create a Practice You Love
- Why We Get Fat: And What to Do About It
- The Paleo Solution: The Original Human Diet
- Healthy Gut, Healthy You
- Sleep: The Myth of 8 Hours, the Power of Naps, and the New Plan to Recharge Your Body and Mind
- The Paleo Cure: Eat Right for Your Genes, Body Type, and Personal Health Needs -- Prevent and Reverse Disease, Lose Weight Effortlessly, and Look and Feel Better than Ever
- Becoming a Supple Leopard 2nd Edition: The Ultimate Guide to Resolving Pain, Preventing Injury, and Optimizing Athletic Performance
- The New Primal Blueprint: Reprogram Your Genes for Effortless Weight Loss, Vibrant Health and Boundless Energy
|The Skinnytaste Meal Planner, Revised Edition: Track and Plan Your Meals, Week-by-Week
Lowest new price: $11.73
Lowest used price: $11.30
List price: $17.99
Author: Gina Homolka
Completely updated and revised with plenty of room to create a weight loss and healthy eating plan, the 52-week meal planner and companion to the New York Times bestselling The Skinnytaste Cookbook and Skinnytaste Fast and Slow will help you take an organized, proactive approach towards the healthier lifestyle you want.
The Skinnytaste Cookbook and Skinnytaste Fast and Slow, both New York Times bestellers, are beloved by Gina Homolka's loyal Skinnytaste fans, as well as those just discovering this all-star food blogger and author. Here, Gina tackles the practical side of achieving the healthy lifestyle you want, whether for weight loss or just better health, in her meal planner that will help you take a thoughtful, powerful approach to changing for the better.
The completely updated and revised Skinnytaste Meal Planner now incorporates Gina's fans' feedback and includes:
- More space for writing your meal entries
- Spiral binding so the planner lays flat for easier writing
- Shopping lists to plan your week's groceries
- Notes sections to keep track of extra tasks
- Checkboxes so you can mark off your weekly goals as you complete them each day
- 20 fan-favorite Skinnytaste recipes not featured in the original
As always, you'll be able to track calories and Weight Watcher or other diet plan points; write down your weekly exercise; and plan your meals for the week. Scattered throughout are Gina's clever cooking tips and tricks—including how to add superfoods to your meals—as well as a collection of inspirational quotes. The Skinnytaste Meal Planner will be the ultimate tool to take meaningful steps toward your best self.
- The Skinnytaste Cookbook: Light on Calories, Big on Flavor
- Skinnytaste Fast and Slow: Knockout Quick-Fix and Slow Cooker Recipes
- Skinnytaste One and Done: 140 No-Fuss Dinners for Your Instant Pot®, Slow Cooker, Air Fryer, Sheet Pan, Skillet, Dutch Oven, and More
- Skinnytaste Cookbook by Gina Homolka (7-May-2015) Paperback
- You Have It Made: Delicious, Healthy, Do-Ahead Meals
- The Healthy Meal Prep Cookbook: Easy and Wholesome Meals to Cook, Prep, Grab, and Go
- The Beck Diet Solution: Train Your Brain to Think Like a Thin Person
- Hungry Girl Clean & Hungry OBSESSED!
- The Everything Healthy Meal Prep Cookbook: Includes: Chicken Primavera * Rosemary Almond-Crusted Pork Tenderloin * Thai Pumpkin Soup * Korean Short ... Breakfast Muffins ... and hundreds more!
- The Pretty Dish: More than 150 Everyday Recipes and 50 Beauty DIYs to Nourish Your Body Inside and Out
|The Blood Sugar Solution 10-Day Detox Diet Cookbook: More than 150 Recipes to Help You Lose Weight and Stay Healthy for Life
Lowest new price: $8.90
Lowest used price: $4.98
List price: $30.00
Author: Mark Hyman M.D.
Brand: Little Brown and Company
The companion cookbook to Dr. Mark Hyman's revolutionary weight-loss program, the #1 New York Times bestseller The Blood Sugar Solution 10-Day Detox Diet, with more than 150 recipes for immediate results!
Dr. Hyman's bestselling The Blood Sugar Solution 10-Day Detox Diet offered readers a step-by-step guide for losing weight and reversing disease. Now Dr. Hyman shares more than 150 delicious recipes that support the 10-Day Detox Diet, so you can continue on your path to good health. With easy-to-prepare, delicious recipes for every meal - including breakfast smoothies, lunches like Waldorf Salad with Smoked Paprika, and Grass-Fed Beef Bolognese for dinner -- you can achieve fast and sustained weight loss by activating your natural ability to burn fat, reducing insulin levels and inflammation, reprogramming your metabolism, shutting off your fat-storing genes, creating effortless appetite control, and soothing stress. Your health is a life-long journey. THE BLOOD SUGAR SOLUTION 10-DAY DETOX DIET COOKBOOK helps make that journey both do-able and delicious.
|Quick Keto Meals in 30 Minutes or Less: 100 Easy Prep-and-Cook Low-Carb Recipes for Maximum Weight Loss and Improved Health
Lowest new price: $9.00
Lowest used price: $5.64
List price: $24.99
Author: Martina Slajerova
Brand: FAIR WINDS
Keto Meals in 30 Minutes or Less presents you with 100 delicious recipes rich with healthy fats—for breakfast, lunch, dinner, and even snacks—that are quick, easy, varied, and delicious.
The keto diet is being regarded as the go-to eating plan for weight loss, to keepblood sugarstable, or simply for staying healthy. However, adapting recipes to make them keto-friendly means adding cooking time, preparation, and, often, hard-to-find ingredients—challenges that are impossible to overcome when you need to get a meal on the table after a busy day. And even keto followers can't live on avocados and bacon alone.
Now you don't have to spend two hours making one meal! All of these ketosis recipes take a half hour to hit the table, can be made in large batches, or built into other dishes, like casseroles, slow cooker entrees, and more. Plus, all ingredients are easy to find, so there's no searching specialty stores.
Just a few of the great recipes within:
- Eggs Florentine in Portobello Mushrooms
- Cinnamon Roll Souffle Pancake
- Smoked Salmon Chard Wraps
- Buffalo Chicken Salad in a Jar
- Chimichurri Steak Salad
- Moroccan Couscous with Halloumi
- Strawberry and Rhubarb Fool
- Triple-Layer Frozen Cheesecake Bites
With Keto Meals in 30 Minutes or Less, incorporate the keto diet into your busy lifestyle—easily and deliciously.
- Keto Slow Cooker & One-Pot Meals: Over 100 Simple & Delicious Low-Carb, Paleo and Primal Recipes for Weight Loss and Better Health
- The Beginner's KetoDiet Cookbook: Over 100 Delicious Whole Food, Low-Carb Recipes for Getting in the Ketogenic Zone Breaking Your Weight-Loss Plateau, and Living Keto for Life
- Sweet and Savory Fat Bombs: 100 Delicious Treats for Fat Fasts, Ketogenic, Paleo, and Low-Carb Diets
- The KetoDiet Cookbook: More Than 150 Delicious Low-Carb, High-Fat Recipes for Maximum Weight Loss and Improved Health -- Grain-Free, Sugar-Free, ... Paleo, Primal, or Ketogenic Lifestyle
- The Easy 5-Ingredient Ketogenic Diet Cookbook: Low-Carb, High-Fat Recipes for Busy People on the Keto Diet
- Quick & Easy Ketogenic Cooking: Meal Plans and Time Saving Paleo Recipes to Inspire Health and Shed Weight
- The One Pot Ketogenic Diet Cookbook: 100+ Easy Weeknight Meals for Your Skillet, Slow Cooker, Sheet Pan, and More
- The Complete Ketogenic Diet for Beginners: Your Essential Guide to Living the Keto Lifestyle
- The Wicked Good Ketogenic Diet Cookbook: Easy, Whole Food Keto Recipes for Any Budget
- Keto Comfort Foods: Family Favorite Recipes Made Low-Carb and Healthy
|Atkins: Eat Right, Not Less: Your Guidebook for Living a Low-Carb and Low-Sugar Lifestyle
Lowest new price: $12.94
Lowest used price: $12.02
List price: $30.00
Author: Colette Heimowitz
New from Atkins, this revolutionary guide to a low carbohydrate lifestyle—fully illustrated and packed with 100 delicious whole-food recipes—will teach you to eat right, not less, to reach your weight management goals and achieve optimal health.
Atkins has been a leading brand for more than forty years, using proven scientific research to help millions achieve weight-loss goals by controlling carbohydrate consumption. Today, thanks to the movement that Dr. Robert Atkins started, nearly 3 out of 4 adults are actively managing their carb intake. But while many Americans would like to lose weight, most don’t want to adhere to a program; diet has become a four letter word.
Filled with 100 delicious whole food recipes low in carbs and sugar, and with simple solutions for eating the foods we love in a healthier way, this all-new Atkins guide focuses on eating right—not less—for painless weight management and better overall health. You will find meal plans packed with variety, healthy takes on classic comfort foods, and tips for creating a low carb kitchen and for setting achievable goals. Atkins: Eat Right, Not Less features a guide to the Hidden Sugar Effect and how to avoid it, and will teach you how to eat the right balance of proteins, healthy fats, and nutrient-dense carbohydrates to experience optimal health and effortless weight loss.
As flexible as it is inspiring, Atkins: Eat Right, Not Less will show you how to enjoy the benefits of a lower carb lifestyle—on your own terms.
|Air Fry Genius: 100+ New Recipes for EVERY Air Fryer (The Blue Jean Chef)
Lowest new price: $12.05
Lowest used price: $7.20
List price: $24.95
Author: Meredith Laurence
Brand: Walah! LLC
The Blue Jean Chef turns her culinary genius onto the latest hot cooking appliance trend―Air Frying!
Brand new to Air-frying or already loving your Air Fryer? Air Fry Genius is your ultimate guide to mastering Air-Frying and becoming a genius in your kitchen. Create healthier, delicious meals quickly with less guilt and easy clean up.
Including 100+ recipes―from wholesome breakfasts to decadent desserts, and each paired with color photos―Air Fry Genius also includes Meredith Laurence's signature tips and tricks for getting the most out of your air fryer using frying, roasting, and baking techniques to create healthier, faster, and less messy meals to impress your family and friends.
Those new to air frying will love Air Fry Genius's "Easy" recipes for beginners, along with tips on how to convert traditional recipes to air fryer recipes, air fry cooking time charts, and primers throughout the book on various air-frying techniques. Experienced cooks looking to enhance their culinary skills will also love this book, with recipes and ways to take their air-frying skills to the next level. Vegetarian, vegan, and gluten-free recipes are abundant, as well as tips for planning ahead. All recipes includes nutrition information so you can be well-informed about what you're eating.
- Snacks & Appetizers: Avocado Fries with Quick Salsa Fresca, Dill Fried Pickles, Veggie Chips, Cauliflower "Tater" Tots, Fried Mozzarella en Carrozza with Putanesca Sauce
- Breads & Breakfast: Hush Puffins, Peppered Maple Bacon Knots, French Toast & Turkey Sausage Roll-ups, Cheesy Olive & Roasted Red Pepper Bread
- Beef: Meatloaf with Tangy Tomato Glaze, Vietnamese Beef Lettuce Wraps, T-Bone Steak with Roasted Tomato, Corn & Asparagus Salsa
- Pork & Lamb: Blackberry BBQ Glazed Country-Style Ribs, Lollipop Lamb Chops with Mint Pesto, Crispy Pork Medallions with Endive & Radicchio Salad
- Chicken & Poultry: Nashville Hot Chicken, Thai Turkey and Zucchini Meatballs, Maple Bacon Wrapped Chicken Breasts, Sesame Orange Chicken
- Fish & Seafood: Lobster Tails with Lemon Garlic Butter, Shrimp Sliders with Avocado, Quick Shrimp Scampi, Crab Stuffed Salmon Roast
- Vegetarian Main Dishes: Corn and Pepper Jack Chile Rellenos with Roasted Tomato Sauce, Quinoa Burgers with Feta and Dill, Spaghetti Squash and Kale Fritters, General Tso's Cauliflower
- Vegetable Side Dishes: Fried Green Tomatoes with Sriracha Mayo, Jerk Rubbed Corn on the Cob, Roasted Heirloom Carrots with Orange and Thyme, Parmesan Asparagus
- Desserts: Air-Fried Beignets, Hasselback Apple Crisp, Black and Blue Clafoutis, S'mores Pockets
|American Heart Association Quick & Easy Cookbook, 2nd Edition: More Than 200 Healthy Recipes You Can Make in Minutes
Lowest new price: $11.44
Lowest used price: $6.44
List price: $26.00
Author: American Heart Association
Brand: Clarkson Potter Publishers
Convenience and eating healthfully can go hand in hand, and with the American Heart Association Quick & Easy Cookbook, 2nd Edition, you can spend less time in the kitchen and still achieve great results at the table.
This revised and expanded edition of the classic cookbook includes more than 200 speedy dishes, of which 60 are brand new. Prep and cooking times are provided for all recipes, so you’ll know how much time you’ll need in the kitchen. And rest assured, no dish takes longer than 20 minutes to prepare, and many recipes can be made in 30 minutes from start to finish.
In fewer than 10 minutes, you can start your day with Confetti Scrambler or Mandarin Breakfast Parfaits. No one will guess you whipped up dinner in 20 minutes when you serve Chicken with Tarragon Oil, Baked Tilapia with Pineapple Reduction, or Beef Tenderloin on Herbed White Beans. When meals are this simple and good for you, even appetizers, snacks, sides, and desserts can be on the docket. You’ll find recipes for Homemade Corn Tortilla Chips, Edamame Salsa, Warm Chicken and Papaya Salad, Citrus Kale with Dried Cranberries, Chocolate-Banana Mini Cupcakes, Grilled Peaches with Almond Liqueur, and much more!
Make the most of your time in the kitchen and in the grocery store with helpful tools such as:
· Meal-planning strategies, including a sample dinner plan and a chart template to
customize your own meals week-by-week
· Guidelines for maximizing nutritious foods and minimizing nutrient-poor foods
· Shopping strategies, including lists of health-smart staples
· Tips on organizing your kitchen for the greatest efficiency
· Quick-cooking techniques and short prep tricks
With this new edition of one of the American Heart Association’s first and most popular cookbooks, you’ll have a resource right at your fingertips for making your own quick and easy meals that will offer you fast, healthy food.
- Clarkson Potter Publishers
|Good Calories, Bad Calories: Fats, Carbs, and the Controversial Science of Diet and Health
Lowest new price: $5.90
Lowest used price: $1.95
List price: $17.00
Author: Gary Taubes
Brand: Gary Taubes
For decades we have been taught that fat is bad for us, carbohydrates better, and that the key to a healthy weight is eating less and exercising more. Yet despite this advice, we have seen unprecedented epidemics of obesity and diabetes. Taubes argues that the problem lies in refined carbohydrates, like white flour, easily digested starches, and sugars, and that the key to good health is the kind of calories we take in, not the number. Called “a very important book,” by Andrew Weil and …” destined to change the way we think about food,” by Michael Pollan, this groundbreaking book by award-winning science writer Gary Taubes shows us that almost everything we believe about the nature of a healthy diet is wrong.
Don't miss Gary Taubes's latest book, The Case Against Sugar, available now.
- Good Calories Bad Calories Fats Carbs and the Controversial Science of Diet and Health
Page 4 of 435
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED AS IS AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.