|Browse by Catagory:
Civil Rights & Liberties
War & Peace
Cajun & Creole Cooking
Caribbean & West Indian Cooking
Diabetic & Sugar-Free Cooking
Low Fat Cooking
Middle Eastern Cooking
Pacific Rim Cooking
Home & Garden
Literature & Fiction
Sheet Music & Scores
Environmental & Natural Resources Law
Ethics & Professional Responsibility
Procedures & Litigation
Water Supply & Land Use
Lawyer and Crimal Humor
Outdoors & Nature
Hiking & Camping
Hunting & Fishing
Beer & Beer Making
Health & Fitness
Diets & Weight Loss
Children's Science & Nature
Vitamins & Supplements
Psychology and Counseling
Philosophy of Psychology
Physiological Aspects of Psychology
Psychology of Sexuality
Psychology Testing & Measurement
Chaos & Systems
Geometry & Topology
Logic & Brain Teasers
Chaos & Systems
Geometry & Topology
Probability & Statistics
Experiments, Instruments & Measurement
Chaos & Systems
Fusion & Fission
Nuclear Magnetic Resonance
Waves & Wave Mechanics
Administration & Policy
Allied Health Professions
Medical Education & Training
Endocrinology & Metabolism
Physician & Patient
Insects & Spiders
Fish & Aquariums
Mobile & Wireless Computing: Programming
Linux Kernel & Peripherals
Linux Networking & Administration
State & Local History
Sci Fi Calendars
Bujold, Lois McMaster
Card, Orson Scott
Chalker, Jack L.
Heinlein, Robert A.
McKillip, Patricia A.
Nye, Jody Lynn
Low Fat Cooking
|The Big 15 Ketogenic Diet Cookbook: 15 Fundamental Ingredients, 150 Keto Diet Recipes, 300 Low-Carb and High-Fat Variations
Lowest new price: $13.70
Lowest used price: $16.57
List price: $19.99
Author: Megan Flynn Peterson
Start and stay in ketosis with 15 key ingredients from The Big 15 Ketogenic Diet Cookbook
Given the right recipes, following the ketogenic diet doesn’t have to feel difficult or restrictive. Designed with variety and choice in mind, The Big 15 Ketogenic Diet Cookbook makes it simple to plan meals around naturally low-carb foods and stay in a state of ketosis. With 15 easy-to-find ingredients and tips for hundreds of recipe variations, this cookbook is your key to keeping up with the ketogenic diet.
The Big 15 Ketogenic Diet Cookbook contains:
- Recipes for 15 Key Keto Ingredients: Eggs, Bacon, Avocado, Dairy, Nuts, Chicken, Beef, Pork, Fish, Shellfish, Cabbage, Cauliflower, Broccoli, Spinach, and Zucchini
- 150 Total Recipes plus 300 low-carb and high-fat variations for adding variety to the diet
- An Introduction to the basics of eating keto, including what foods avoid and what to keep handy in the pantry
Recipes include: Santa Fe Frittata, BLT Wraps, Keto Chicken Cordon Bleu, Keto Meatloaf, Cauliflower Pizza, and much more.
Eat healthier, lose weight, and taste how good a low-carb and high fat diet can be with The Big 15 Ketogenic Diet Cookbook.
|True Food: Seasonal, Sustainable, Simple, Pure
Lowest new price: $10.95
Lowest used price: $3.00
List price: $30.00
Author: Andrew Weil
Brand: Little Brown and Company
The #1 bestseller that presents seasonal, sustainable, and delicious recipes from Dr. Andrew Weil's popular True Food Kitchen restaurants.
When Andrew Weil and Sam Fox opened True Food Kitchen, they did so with a two-fold mission: every dish served must not only be delicious but must also promote the diner's well-being. TRUE FOOD supports this mission with freshly imagined recipes that are both inviting and easy to make.
Showcasing fresh, high-quality ingredients and simple preparations with robust, satisfying flavors, the book includes more than 125 original recipes from Dr. Weil and chef Michael Stebner, including Spring Salad with Aged Provolone, Curried Cauliflower Soup, Corn-Ricotta Ravioli, Spicy Shrimp and Asian Noodles, Bison Umami Burgers, Chocolate Icebox Tart, and Pomegranate Martini.
Peppered throughout are essays on topics ranging from farmer's markets to proper proportions to the benefits of an anti-inflammatory diet. TRUE FOOD offers home cooks of all levels the chance to transform meals into satisfying, wholesome fare.
|Healthy Gut, Flat Stomach: The Fast and Easy Low-FODMAP Diet Plan
Lowest new price: $10.98
Lowest used price: $5.95
List price: $17.95
Author: Danielle Capalino
Brand: Danielle Capalino Barbara Bolen Kathleen Bradley
Beat bloat and discomfort with the scientifically proven, easy-to-follow, low-FODMAP plan.
There are a lot of myths about beating stomach bloat and getting a flat tummy, but the FODMAP approach has been scientifically proven to work for both. FODMAPs are sugars found in certain foods that can be hard to digest, and can cause discomfort, gas, and IBS (irritable bowel syndrome) symptoms. Some of the most nutritious foods around are high in these sugars, frustrating people who eat well but still have tummy issues. Apples, garlic, onions, beans, dairy, bread, and cereals are on that list. It may sound complicated or far-fetched but the many converts who have tried the science-supported diet swear by it. In addition to useful everyday advice, the book includes:
40 color photographs
- The differences and similarities between this diet and a gluten-free diet
- 7-day sample menu plan with recipes
- Simple and easy recipes for the basic items you need to adapt to fit into the low-FODMAP diet, including staples like salad dressing, marinade, and dips
- Clear explanations for the science behind the low-FODMAP diet and why it works
- Healthy Gut Flat Stomach The Fast and Easy Low Fodmap Diet Plan
- The Complete Low-FODMAP Diet: A Revolutionary Plan for Managing IBS and Other Digestive Disorders
- The FODMAP Navigator: Low-FODMAP Diet charts with ratings of more than 500 foods, food additives and prebiotics
- Low-Fodmap 28-Day Plan: A Healthy Cookbook with Gut-Friendly Recipes for IBS Relief
- The Low-FODMAP Cookbook: 100 Delicious, Gut-Friendly Recipes for IBS and other Digestive Disorders
- The Low-FODMAP Diet for Beginners: A 7-Day Plan to Beat Bloat and Soothe Your Gut with Recipes for Fast IBS Relief
- The Quiet Gut Cookbook: 135 Easy Low-FODMAP Recipes to Soothe Symptoms of IBS, IBD, and Celiac Disease
- The IBS Elimination Diet and Cookbook: The Proven Low-FODMAP Plan for Eating Well and Feeling Great
- The Flexible FODMAP Diet Cookbook: Customizable Low-FODMAP Meal Plans & Recipes for a Symptom-Free Life
- IBS Slow Cooker Cookbook: 50 Low FODMAP Slow Cooker Recipes To Manage Your IBS Symptoms
- The Low-FODMAP Diet Cookbook: 150 Simple, Flavorful, Gut-Friendly Recipes to Ease the Symptoms of IBS, Celiac Disease, Crohn's Disease, Ulcerative Colitis, and Other Digestive Disorders
|The Skinnytaste Meal Planner: Track and Plan Your Meals, Week-by-Week
Lowest new price: $9.94
Lowest used price: $2.97
List price: $16.99
Author: Gina Homolka
Brand: Gina Homolka
Get on the road to your best self...
A meal planner companion to the New York Times bestselling The Skinnytaste Cookbook, this 52-week journal will help you take an organized, proactive approach toward the lifestyle you want.
• PLAN MEALS: look ahead and decide to eat healthy all week; choose snacks to pack for each day
• TRACK CALORIES OR POINTS: count what you take in so that you know what you’re really eating; compare tallies to your goals in ordeer to make progress
• LOG EXERCISE: pick an activity to do each day; note the calories you burned
With 20 Skinnytaste recipes, plus inspirational quotes and tips about superfoods, The Skinnytaste Meal Planner can guide you to becoming your best self.
- The Skinnytaste Meal Planner Track and Plan Your Meals Week By Week
|Eating Purely: More Than 100 All-Natural, Organic, Gluten-Free Recipes for a Healthy Life
Lowest new price: $13.00
Lowest used price: $11.65
List price: $24.99
Author: Elizabeth Stein
Brand: Stein Elizabeth
Good health begins with what you put in your body. When you eat better, you feel better. It’s that simple.
A few short years ago, Elizabeth Stein could be found in her tiny Manhattan kitchen searching for a way to make gluten-free and vegan products that tasted great and weren’t overly processed. Working with ingredients such as chia seeds, flax, hemp, and coconut sugar, Elizabeth successfully developed recipes that were all-natural, non-GMO, gluten-free, and diabetes friendly. These recipes helped her form Purely Elizabeth, an award-winning line of products that can be found in more than 1,500 stores.
Eating Purely is a collection of Elizabeth’s favorite recipes, which she has made for family, clients, and friends over the years. The recipes are healthy, easy, and deliciousand at times even indulgent. Eating Purely is focused on cooking with whole foods that are naturally gluten-free, nutrient rich, free of refined sugar, and mostly vegetable based.
These recipes are centered on Stein’s five Eating Purely Principles, which will leave you feeling healthy and purely radiant. These principles are:
Eat Whole, Clean Foods
Focus on Plants
Add in Nutrient-Rich Ingredients
Kick Inflammatory Foods to the Curb
and Practice the 80/20 Rule.
Eating Purely includes more than one hundred fun and approachable recipes, ranging from brunch and salads to vegetarian mains and seasonal menus to celebrate with family and friends.
Throughout Eating Purely, Stein also shares personal stories on health, exercise, family, entertaining, and starting her own natural foods company. Interwoven throughout the book is what Stein calls the purely scoop”time-saving cooking tips, benefits of ingredients used, resources for buying foods, and food and wine pairings.
Skyhorse Publishing, along with our Good Books and Arcade imprints, is proud to publish a broad range of cookbooks, including books on juicing, grilling, baking, frying, home brewing and winemaking, slow cookers, and cast iron cooking. We’ve been successful with books on gluten-free cooking, vegetarian and vegan cooking, paleo, raw foods, and more. Our list includes French cooking, Swedish cooking, Austrian and German cooking, Cajun cooking, as well as books on jerky, canning and preserving, peanut butter, meatballs, oil and vinegar, bone broth, and more. While not every title we publish becomes a New York Times bestseller or a national bestseller, we are committed to books on subjects that are sometimes overlooked and to authors whose work might not otherwise find a home.
- Eating Purely More Than 100 All Natural Organic Gluten Free Recipes for a Healthy Life
- Clean Slate: A Cookbook and Guide: Reset Your Health, Detox Your Body, and Feel Your Best
- Everyday Detox: 100 Easy Recipes to Remove Toxins, Promote Gut Health, and Lose Weight Naturally
- Whole Bowls: Complete Gluten-Free and Vegetarian Meals to Power Your Day
- The Organic Heart: A Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Clean Food Cookbook
- Clean Cooking: More Than 100 Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, and Sugar-Free Recipes
- The Love and Lemons Cookbook: An Apple-to-Zucchini Celebration of Impromptu Cooking
- Bowls of Goodness: Vibrant Vegetarian Recipes Full of Nourishment
- Wildly Affordable Organic: Eat Fabulous Food, Get Healthy, and Save the Planet--All on $5 a Day or Less
- Good Clean Food: Super Simple Plant-Based Recipes for Every Day
- Organic Cookbook: Making the Most of Fresh and Seasonal Produce; 130 Deliciously Healthy Recipes Shown in 250 Stunning Photographs
|Good Calories, Bad Calories: Fats, Carbs, and the Controversial Science of Diet and Health
Lowest new price: $8.00
Lowest used price: $2.97
List price: $17.00
Author: Gary Taubes
Brand: Gary Taubes
For decades we have been taught that fat is bad for us, carbohydrates better, and that the key to a healthy weight is eating less and exercising more. Yet despite this advice, we have seen unprecedented epidemics of obesity and diabetes. Taubes argues that the problem lies in refined carbohydrates, like white flour, easily digested starches, and sugars, and that the key to good health is the kind of calories we take in, not the number. Called “a very important book,” by Andrew Weil and …” destined to change the way we think about food,” by Michael Pollan, this groundbreaking book by award-winning science writer Gary Taubes shows us that almost everything we believe about the nature of a healthy diet is wrong.
Don't miss Gary Taubes's latest book, The Case Against Sugar, available now.
- Good Calories Bad Calories Fats Carbs and the Controversial Science of Diet and Health
|The Big 15 Paleo Cookbook: 15 Fundamental Ingredients, 150 Paleo Diet Recipes, 450 Variations
Lowest new price: $11.83
Lowest used price: $9.25
List price: $17.99
Author: Megan Flynn Peterson
Brand: Peterson Megan Flynn
You don’t have to be on a paleo diet to enjoy the recipes in The Big 15 Paleo Cookbook―you just have to enjoy eating real, healthy food. Though if you do follow a paleo diet, you’ll really enjoy this book. I love that all of the recipes contain whole ingredients and are easy to prepare, with variations to suit your taste buds.
―Michelle Bianchetto, author of the blog Unshelled
Going Paleo doesn't have to mean going crazy. Wasting time, energy, and money on expensive ingredients and difficult recipes is the last thing anyone needs when trying to adopt a new way of eating. But knowing how and where to start can be a challenge.
In The Big 15 Paleo Cookbook, Megan Flynn Peterson shows you how to get everything you want in a healthy diet, and avoid everything you don’t. Megan’s journey into eating paleo started in 2011 after a year of unexpected weight gain, anxiety, and a slew of other issues that affected her overall well-being. The results of her new paleo diet were so transformative that she began helping others find their own liberation through following a paleo diet and lifestyle. Now, with The Big 15 Paleo Cookbook, Megan delivers fantastic, simple recipes that won't break the bank or take over your life.
- OVER 150 PALEO RECIPES are well rounded, easy, and delectable―many of which can be made in 30 minutes or less
- 10 MUST-MAKE RECIPES PER CHAPTER use one of the 15 foundational Paleo ingredients, along with a couple of variations to give you even more options
- ALLERGEN LABELS indicate which recipes are dairy-free, nut-free, and vegan
- LEARN-BY-DOING FUNDAMENTALS help you cultivate your own repertoire of fun Paleo recipes, rather than just learning a select few recipes
Baked Eggs in Tomato Sauce * Prosciutto Wrapped Chicken Thighs * Burger Bowls * Báhn Mí Tacos * Fish Stew * Coconut Shrimp with Mango Sauce * Cauliflower Fried Rice * Sausage and Kale Soup * Crustless Broccoli Torte * Stuffed Squash * Beet-Noodle Salad * Curried Sweet Potatoes * and much more!
- The Big 15 Paleo Cookbook 15 Fundamental Ingredients 150 Paleo Diet Recipes 450 Variations
|The New American Heart Association Cookbook, 9th Edition: Revised and Updated with More Than 100 All-New Recipes
Lowest new price: $22.74
Lowest used price: $18.50
List price: $35.00
Author: American Heart Association
Here is the ultimate resource for anyone looking to improve cardiac health and lose weight, offering 800 recipes--100 all new, 150 refreshed--that cut saturated fat and cholesterol. The American Heart Association's cornerstone cookbook has sold more than three million copies and it's now fully updated and expanded to reflect the association's latest guidelines as well as current tastes, with a fresh focus on quick and easy. This invaluable, one-stop-shopping resource -- including updated heart-health information, strategies and tips for meal planning, shopping, and cooking healthfully -- by the most recognized and respected name in heart health is certain to become a staple in American kitchens.
|Deliciously Ella: 100+ Easy, Healthy, and Delicious Plant-Based, Gluten-Free Recipes
Lowest new price: $11.63
Lowest used price: $5.02
List price: $23.00
Author: Ella Woodward
From the founder of the wildly popular food blog Deliciously Ella, 120 plant-based, dairy-free, and gluten-free recipes with gorgeous, full-color photographs that capture the amazing things we can do with natural ingredients.
In 2011, nineteen-year-old Ella Woodward was diagnosed with a rare illness that left her bed-ridden, in chronic pain, and plagued by heart palpitations and headaches. When conventional medicine failed her, Ella decided to change her diet. She gave up meat, gluten, dairy, sugar, and anything processed—and the effects were immediate: her symptoms disappeared, her energy returned, and she was able to go off all her medication. A self-confessed sweet tooth, Ella taught herself how to make delicious, plant-based meals that delight the palette and improve overall well-being.
Deliciously Ella is an essential, how-to guide to clean, plant-based eating, taking you through the best ingredients and methods for preparing easy, exciting meals. This is not a diet—it’s about creating a new mindset that embraces fantastic food. From sweet potato brownies to silky chocolate mousse and roasted butternut squash risotto and homemade fries and ketchup, Ella shares 100 brand-new recipes and twenty classics in her signature, elegant style. Packed with vivid photos and simple, foolproof instructions, Deliciously Ella provides a foundation for a pure, unprocessed, unrefined diet, so you can look and feel better while enjoying great food.
Featured Recipes from Deliciously Ella
Download the recipe for Sweet Potato Wedges
Download the recipe for Warm Winter Salad
Download the recipe for Raw Brownies
|The McDougall Quick and Easy Cookbook: Over 300 Delicious Low-Fat Recipes You Can Prepare in Fifteen Minutes or Less
Lowest new price: $14.50
Lowest used price: $7.58
List price: $26.00
Author: John A. McDougall
Brand: Penguin Group Usa
Bestselling author of The Starch Solution and The Healthiest Diet on the Planet
As featured in the book and movie Forks Over Knives!
By greatly simplifying the work involved in preparing healthy, whole food, exciting meals, bestselling authors Dr. John McDougall and Mary McDougall continue to build upon the success of their acclaimed, low-fat and plant based McDougall Program books. In this latest edition, they share their secrets for lowering cholesterol, alleviating allergies, and dramatically reducing the risk of heart disease, cancer, osteoporosis, and diabetes with food that is irresistible to the whole family. Featuring over 300 recipes (including healthy Mediterranean diet recipes) that can be prepared in fifteen minutes or less, The McDougall Quick and Easy Cookbook is the busy person's answer to eating right. Discover shopping tips and cooking hints to save time, reduce fat, and make great-tasting meals. Learn the viable egg and dairy replacements to eliminate fat, cholesterol, and animal protein from your diet. And refer to the updated "McDougall-Okayed Packaged and Canned Products" list. The economical, fast, and innovative recipes in The McDougall Quick and Easy Cookbook help make good health and longer life easier than ever to achieve.
Page 4 of 418
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED AS IS AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.