|Browse by Catagory:
Civil Rights & Liberties
War & Peace
Cajun & Creole Cooking
Caribbean & West Indian Cooking
Diabetic & Sugar-Free Cooking
Low Fat Cooking
Middle Eastern Cooking
Pacific Rim Cooking
Home & Garden
Literature & Fiction
Sheet Music & Scores
Environmental & Natural Resources Law
Ethics & Professional Responsibility
Procedures & Litigation
Water Supply & Land Use
Lawyer and Crimal Humor
Outdoors & Nature
Hiking & Camping
Hunting & Fishing
Beer & Beer Making
Health & Fitness
Diets & Weight Loss
Children's Science & Nature
Vitamins & Supplements
Psychology and Counseling
Philosophy of Psychology
Physiological Aspects of Psychology
Psychology of Sexuality
Psychology Testing & Measurement
Chaos & Systems
Geometry & Topology
Logic & Brain Teasers
Chaos & Systems
Geometry & Topology
Probability & Statistics
Experiments, Instruments & Measurement
Chaos & Systems
Fusion & Fission
Nuclear Magnetic Resonance
Waves & Wave Mechanics
Administration & Policy
Allied Health Professions
Medical Education & Training
Endocrinology & Metabolism
Physician & Patient
Insects & Spiders
Fish & Aquariums
Mobile & Wireless Computing: Programming
Linux Kernel & Peripherals
Linux Networking & Administration
State & Local History
Sci Fi Calendars
Bujold, Lois McMaster
Card, Orson Scott
Chalker, Jack L.
Heinlein, Robert A.
McKillip, Patricia A.
Nye, Jody Lynn
Diets & Weight Loss
|The Fast Metabolism Diet: Eat More Food and Lose More Weight
Lowest new price: $9.29
Lowest used price: $3.27
List price: $26.00
Author: Haylie Pomroy
Haylie Pomroy has helped countless clients lose up to 20 pounds in just 4 weeks –all through the fat-burning power of food.
Hailed as “the metabolism whisperer,” Haylie reminds us that food is not the enemy, it’s the rehab needed to rev-up your sluggish, broken-down metabolism and turn your body into a fat-burning furnace.
On this plan you’re going to eat a lot. You’re going to eat three full meals and at least two snacks a day – and you’re still going to lose weight. What you’re not going to do is count a single calorie or fat gram. You’re going not to ban entire food groups. You’re not going to go carb-free or vegan or go cold turkey on the foods you love. Instead, you’re going to rotate what you’re eating throughout each week according to a simple and proven plan carefully designed to induce precise physiological changes that will set your metabolism on fire.
Phase I (Monday-Tuesday): Lots of carbs and fruits
Phase II (Wednesday-Thursday): Lots of proteins and veggies
Phase III (Friday-Sunday): All of the above, plus healthy fats and oils
By keeping your metabolism guessing in this specific and deliberate way, you’ll get it working faster. This isn’t just a theory, it’s the results-based product of Haylie Pomroy’s successful programs. It’s worked for celebrities, for athletes, and for people with chronic illnesses who need to lose weight, doctor’s orders. Now it’s going to work for you.
In 4 weeks not only will you see the weight fall off, you’ll also see your cholesterol drop, your blood sugar stabilize, your energy increase, your sleep improve, and your stress dramatically reduce. All thanks to the miraculous power of real, delicious, satisfying food!
Complete with 4 weeks of meal plans and over 50 recipes – including vegetarian, organic, and gluten-free options – this is the silver bullet for the chronic dieter who has tried every fad diet and failed, the first time dieter attempting to kick her metabolism into gear, and anyone who wants to naturally and safely eat her way to a skinner, healthier self.
|The Diabetes Code: Prevent and Reverse Type 2 Diabetes Naturally
Lowest new price: $11.97
Lowest used price: $7.48
List price: $18.95
Author: Jason Fung
From acclaimed author Dr. Jason Fung, a revolutionary guide to reversing diabetes.
Dr. Jason Fung forever changed the way we think about obesity with his best-selling book, The Obesity Code. Now he has set out to do the same for type 2 diabetes.
Today, most doctors, dietitians, and even diabetes specialists consider type 2 diabetes to be a chronic and progressive disease―a life sentence with no possibility of parole. But the truth, as Dr. Fung reveals in this paradigm-shifting book, is that type 2 diabetes is reversible. Writing with clear, persuasive language, he explains why conventional treatments that rely on insulin or other blood-glucose-lowering drugs can actually exacerbate the problem, leading to significant weight gain and even heart disease. The only way to treat type 2 diabetes effectively, he argues, is proper dieting and intermittent fasting―not medication.
|Eat to Live Quick and Easy Cookbook: 131 Delicious Recipes for Fast and Sustained Weight Loss, Reversing Disease, and Lifelong Health
Lowest new price: $13.79
Lowest used price: $15.24
List price: $22.99
Author: Joel Fuhrman M.D.
Discover What Millions of People Have Already Experienced-- Dr. Fuhrman's Extraordinary and Life-Changing Recipes
Too busy to shop? Too tired to cook? Not sure what's healthy? From the #1 New York Times best-selling author of Eat to Live and the instant New York Times bestseller Eat to Live Cookbook comes Eat to Live Quick and Easy Cookbook, 131 super delicious, easy-to-prepare, incredibly healthy recipes. No guilt, no-fuss, just amazing food that's good for you. From the grocery store to the kitchen table, Eat to Live Quick and Easy Cookbook is just what you and your family have been looking for to become happier and healthier than ever before.
|The Archetype Diet: Reclaim Your Self-Worth and Change the Shape of Your Body
Lowest new price: $15.60
Lowest used price: $17.42
List price: $26.00
Author: Dana James
Discover your unique female archetype to combat emotional eating, lose weight, and become your happiest, healthiest you.
In working with thousands of women who wanted to lose weight and change the shape of their bodies, leading nutritionist and functional medicine practitioner Dana James observed a striking trend: no matter how diligent they were in sticking to their diet and exercise plans, old behavioral patterns and self-doubt sabotaged their efforts. In The Archetype Diet, James helps readers escape the seemingly endless psychological tug-of-war that is hampering their ability to care for themselves and explains which hormones cause you to store body fat on your belly, thighs and hips, and what to eat to change it. A revolutionary, holistic approach to weight loss, this book guides in readers in discovering which of four archetypes they embody:
· The Nurturer is always there to care for others. She is kind and compassionate, but this can come at the expense of her own self-care.
· The Wonder Woman bases her self-worth on her accomplishments. She is ambitious and driven, but her work often takes precendent over her diet.
· The Femme Fatale is sensual, strong, and alluring but can become obsessed with her looks to the point that she develops an unhealthy relationship with food.
· The Ethereal is spiritual and intuitive, but highly sensitive to her environment so she tends to eat to numb her reactions to the world.
By becoming attuned to your archetype, James shows how you can alter your diet to help feed your unique body chemistry while simultaneously examining how your sense of self-worth shapes your behaviors—including what you eat—in ways that may be working against your goals. Offering recipes, a ten-day meal plan, and a step-by-step psychological intervention, The Archetype Diet will put you on the path to becoming leaner, stronger, and more attuned to your feminine fire and energy.
- High Vibrational Beauty: Recipes & Rituals for Radical Self Care
- Whole Beauty: Daily Rituals and Natural Recipes for Lifelong Beauty and Wellness
- Klaire Labs Magnesium Citrate, 90 Vegetarian Capsules
- Maybe It's You: Cut the Crap. Face Your Fears. Love Your Life.
- Smart Women Finish Rich: 9 Steps to Achieving Financial Security and Funding Your Dreams
- WomanCode: Perfect Your Cycle, Amplify Your Fertility, Supercharge Your Sex Drive, and Become a Power Source
- Super Woman Rx: Unlock the Secrets to Lasting Health, Your Perfect Weight, Energy, and Passion with Dr. Taz's Power Type Plans
- How to Be Well: The 6 Keys to a Happy and Healthy Life
- Ayurveda (Idiot's Guides)
- He Shou Wu 80g by Sun Potion - Fo-Ti Tonic, Certified Organic, 10:1 Extract Root Powder, Herbal Supplement, Superfood - Restore Hair Color, Immunity, Boost Energy, Stamina - Vegan Kosher Smoothie Blen
|Trim Healthy Mama's Trim Healthy Table: More Than 300 All-New Healthy and Delicious Recipes from Our Homes to Yours
Lowest new price: $17.95
Lowest used price: $14.95
List price: $32.50
Author: Pearl Barrett
Brand: WaterBrook Press
From the bestselling authors of the Trim Healthy Mama Plan and Trim Healthy Mama Cookbook, a new cookbook for the whole family!
The Trim Healthy Mamas have helped hundreds of thousands of women lose weight and live healthier lives with their bestselling cookbook and eating plan and now they are ready to help the entire family! After experiencing incredible life transformations of their own, readers want to be able to help their families feel better and trim down, too. Trim Healthy Table is just the answer. It bursts with over 300 family friendly, delicious and trimming recipes, along with practical advice on how to healthfully nourish your family without going insane and chaining yourself to the kitchen.
Bestselling authors and sisters Serene Allison and Pearl Barrett have 18 children between them and their two families have been thriving on the Trim Healthy Mama plan for years. Trim Healthy Table contains all their best tips, tricks and encouragement for families, whether large or small. Serene and Pearl shamelessly share cunning ways to get picky eaters gobbling down veggies and other healthy foods they usually detest. You will learn how to painlessly use whole, unprocessed foods, including blood-sugar friendly carbs, fats, proteins, fruits and vegetables to create meals even the fussiest kids (and husbands) will love. You’ll also learn how one basic meal can make a whole family happy even with different nutritional needs. The quick and easy recipes include lots of one-pot dishes such as, skillet meals, slow cooker meals, electric pressure cooker meals, casserole and soups. With the recipes you can wake up to hearty breakfasts, prepare bars for on-the-go or try a creamy, quick-to-make smoothie, even Indulge yourself with the many trimming desserts…cake for breakfast is celebrated! And, if you’re simply looking for single serve 5 – 10 minute meals, the Hangry Meal chapter has you covered.
In addition to the hundreds of recipes, included is a Simple Start Guide to the Trim Healthy Plan which concisely explains how you can trim down by getting your blood sugar under control and how to, ever so gently, help other members in your family who may be struggling with weight issues. So, gather your family, bring them to the Trim Healthy Table… eat up… and trim down!
|The Autoimmune Solution Cookbook: Over 150 Delicious Recipes to Prevent and Reverse the Full Spectrum of Inflammatory Symptoms and Diseases
Lowest new price: $16.80
Lowest used price: $19.99
List price: $29.99
Author: Amy Myers M.D.
The companion cookbook to the revolutionary New York Times bestseller The Autoimmune Solution, filled with more than 150 nutritious, easy-to-prepare, every day recipes to heal symptoms of inflammation and autoimmune disorders, including Graves’ Disease, Psoriasis, Fibromyalgia, Lupus, Celiac disease, Hashimoto’s thyroiditis, and Multiple sclerosis.
Nine in ten Americans suffer from inflammation or an autoimmune disorder—conditions for which conventional medicine has no cure. Minor irritations like rashes and runny noses are ignored, while chronic and debilitating diseases like Crohn’s and rheumatoid arthritis are handled with a cocktail of toxic treatments that fail to address their root cause. But as Dr. Amy Myers revealed in The Autoimmune Solution, there are solutions. In this invaluable cookbook, she now shows you how to repair your body and reverse your symptoms by eating your way to good health.
The Autoimmune Solution Cookbook delivers more than 150 grain-free recipes designed to prevent and reverse the full spectrum of autoimmune diseases, including allergies, obesity, asthma, cardiovascular disease, fibromyalgia, lupus, IBS, chronic headaches, fatigue, multiple sclerosis, colitis, Graves’ disease, and Hashimoto’s thyroiditis. As our food and environment becomes more toxic, the health of millions of us have been impaired. Thanks to Dr. Myers, you no longer need to rely on prescriptions—with troubling, sometimes dangerous side effects—to counteract your body’s over-reactive immune system. The Autoimmune Solution Cookbook is the healthy alternative to cope with and conquer inflammatory-related symptoms and diseases.
- The Autoimmune Solution: Prevent and Reverse the Full Spectrum of Inflammatory Symptoms and Diseases
- The Thyroid Connection: Why You Feel Tired, Brain-Fogged, and Overweight - and How to Get Your Life Back
- The Autoimmune Solution: Prevent and Reverse the Full Spectrum of Inflammatory Symptoms and Diseases
- Pure Grass Fed Collagen Peptides Protein Powder from The Myers Way Protocol - Supports Healthy Skin, Hair, Nails - Bone & Joint Health - Dietary Supplement 16 OZ, 38 Servings - From Dr. Amy Myers
- Anthony's Organic Tiger Nut Flour (1lb), Gluten Free, Non-GMO
- The Autoimmune Paleo Cookbook: An Allergen-Free Approach to Managing Chronic Illness (US Version)
- The Myers Way® Multivitamin for Women and Men for Thyroid Support, Stress Relief, Immune Support - Activated B Vitamins, Zinc, Selenium, Iooine - Rich in Nutrients and Minerals, Gluten Free (180 Caps)
- Anthony's Organic Cassava Flour (2lbs), Batch Tested Gluten-Free
- The Autoimmune Protocol Made Simple Cookbook: Start Healing Your Body and Reversing Chronic Illness Today with 100 Delicious Recipes
- Organic Sliced TigerNuts 6 OZ
|Keto: The Complete Guide to Success on The Ketogenic Diet, including Simplified Science and No-cook Meal Plans
Lowest new price: $18.75
Lowest used price: $17.75
List price: $29.95
Author: Maria Emmerich
The ketogenic diet has gained in popularity, but that has led to some bad information being shared. You can do keto right, and you can do keto wrong. This book is all about how to do keto the right way!
Despite what health science has beaten into us over the last fifty or so years, humans thrive on high-fat, low-carb diets. Millions of people around the world have discovered that a ketogenic lifestyle is the key to weight loss, disease prevention and intervention, and a more vibrant life. Gone are the days of constant hunger and low energy. This book leads you on a path to better health, a slimmer waistline, elimination of cravings, and endless energy.
Craig and Maria Emmerich have partnered to write a book that digs deep into the science of ketogenic dieting, explaining how dozens of diseases can be cured or controlled through keto and how ketogenic diets are fueling a new breed of athlete—all in an easy-to-understand way that breaks down the complicated science for you.
Keto is the definitive resource to the ketogenic lifestyle. Inside, you’ll learn
- How you can beat cancer, obesity, metabolic syndrome, coronary artery disease, high cholesterol, Alzheimer’s, dementia, ADHD, anxiety, and depression into submission by making some simple yet impactful changes to your diet.
- How cholesterol and diabetes medications could very well be making you sicker rather than better.
- How generations of bad advice—designed to sell sugar, not health—has killed millions who blindly trusted the medical community and, worse still, the government to tell them the truth.
- How overconsumption of carbohydrates is bad for your health and could be at the root of what ails you.
- How changing your inputs—the foods you eat—can change your outputs, meaning your quality of life.
- How our bodies work, including oxidative priority, fat flux, and lipolysis, explained in such a way that everyone can understand how our bodies really process what we put into them.
- How inflammation is at the root of many diseases and how modern diets that are rife with sugar, carbs, and omega-6 oils are sending us to early graves.
- How hormones control mood swings, sex drive, blood sugar levels, muscle tone, fat-burning ability, metabolism, the immune system, and much more—and how adopting a ketogenic lifestyle can change your waistline and your life!
- How to stock your pantry with the right foods and make meal plans that are delicious and easy to follow and, most importantly, are the pathway to a longer, healthier life.
- How you can build muscle and perform at your best on a low-carb, high-fat diet. No, we’re not making that up!
- Which foods are the most nutrient dense to feed our cells the vitamins and minerals they need.
- How to sort through the confusion and conflicting information about what a ketogenic diet is. This book clears it all up, dispelling the myths of ketogenic diets.
So, enjoy those healthy animal proteins. Gnaw on that rib bone. And say no to that plate of “heart-healthy” pasta. New York Times bestselling author Maria Emmerich and her husband, Craig, are going to take you on a journey to a new life—one that helps you lose weight, build muscle, and live the life nature intended you to live!
- Keto Comfort Foods: Family Favorite Recipes Made Low-Carb and Healthy
- The 30-Day Ketogenic Cleanse: Reset Your Metabolism with 160 Tasty Whole-Food Recipes & Meal Plans
- Quick & Easy Ketogenic Cooking: Meal Plans and Time Saving Paleo Recipes to Inspire Health and Shed Weight
- Keto Restaurant Favorites: More Than 175 Tasty Classic Recipes Made Fast, Fresh, and Healthy
- Easy Dairy-Free Ketogenic Recipes: Family Favorites Made Low-Carb and Healthy
- Simply Keto: A Practical Approach to Health & Weight Loss, with 100+ Easy Low-Carb Recipes
- Keto Instant Pot: 200+ Healthy Low-Carb Recipes for Your Electric Pressure Cooker or Slow Cooker
- The One Pot Ketogenic Diet Cookbook: 100+ Easy Weeknight Meals for Your Skillet, Slow Cooker, Sheet Pan, and More
- The Keto Diet: The Complete Guide to a High-Fat Diet, with More Than 125 Delectable Recipes and 5 Meal Plans to Shed Weight, Heal Your Body, and Regain Confidence
- Keto Clarity: Your Definitive Guide to the Benefits of a Low-Carb, High-Fat Diet
|Keto for Life: Look Better, Feel Better, and Watch the Weight Fall off with 160+ Delicious High-Fat Recipes
Lowest new price: $20.86
Lowest used price: $25.41
List price: $34.95
Author: Mellissa Sevigny
The ketogenic lifestyle has been proven to aid in weight loss and to help people achieve better overall health. Mellissa Sevigny, the voice behind the highly acclaimed food blog I Breathe, I’m Hungry, has been a leader in low-carb, ketogenic living for many years and understands the key factors to achieve lifelong success. In her new book, Keto for Life, she delivers a complete road map to adopting and sustaining a ketogenic diet. Keto for Life is a book for real people with busy lives, picky family members, and moderate budgets. Mellissa firmly believes that budget, time, and eating with loved ones should not be deterrents to living a keto lifestyle, feeling great, and enjoying the food you’re eating. Keto for Life gives readers tools and recipes to thrive on keto. People who are new to the ketogenic diet want answers to the common problems of how to eat keto without needing years of experience as prep cook in a commercial kitchen and how to stay within their grocery budget, keep the rest of the family from staging a mutiny, and not be forced to shop, prep, and cook full-time to make their goals a reality. Keto for Life educates readers on the do’s and don’ts of keto, providing a wealth of tips and strategies to help them get started right away and work toward their goals. Readers can pick up this book on a Monday and be well on the way to their new keto lifestyle by the weekend.
|The 30-Day Ketogenic Cleanse: Reset Your Metabolism with 160 Tasty Whole-Food Recipes & Meal Plans
Lowest new price: $21.00
Lowest used price: $18.67
List price: $34.95
Author: Maria Emmerich
Brand: Victory Belt Publishing
For those who are brand-new to keto and those who are getting back on track after falling off the wagon, the first 30 days on a ketogenic diet can be challenging. As the body adapts to burning fat (ketones) rather than sugar for fuel, cravings can arise, and some people find that they just don’t feel so great. Many fall victim to the temptation to give up before they can truly experience the benefits of being keto-adapted. The 30-Day Ketogenic Cleanse isn’t like most juice or other cleanses where you starve throughout the entire process. Keto expert Maria Emmerich offers tasty whole-food recipes—all dairy-free and nut-free—that are filling and satisfying and keep cravings at bay. Plus, she offers helpful tips and tricks for making it through the adjustment period.
The 30-Day Ketogenic Cleanse is a guidebook for healing the body from the inside out. Most people attempting a keto diet do it completely wrong. Maria Emmerich, on the other hand, bases this cleanse on a true, well-formulated ketogenic diet, helping readers reset their metabolism, regain health, lose weight, and tap into increased energy levels. This book includes:
•A detailed explanation of how sugar causes inflammation and leads to disease
•30-day meal plans to kick-start ketosis, with corresponding shopping lists
•30-day Whole30-compliant meal plans, with corresponding shopping lists
•A wide variety of amazing recipes, with suggestions for combining those recipes into delicious and satisfying ketogenic meals
•Easily accessible lists of approved keto foods and foods that hold people back from ketosis
•Tips on how to eat to balance hormones, sleep better, feel better, and lose weight while following a ketogenic diet
•Guidance for maintaining ketosis after a successful 30-day cleanse
•Recommendations for supplements to help heal from poor eating habits
•A bonus slow cooker chapter to help make life easier!
|Skinnytaste Fast and Slow: Knockout Quick-Fix and Slow Cooker Recipes
Lowest new price: $15.95
Lowest used price: $11.10
List price: $30.00
Author: Gina Homolka
Brand: Clarkson Potter Publishers
80+ Under 30 Minute Dishes and 60 Slow Cooker Recipes
The easiest, tastiest, most convenient healthy recipes—ever!
With Skinnytaste Fast and Slow, you can get a nutritious, flavor-packed, figure-friendly meal—complete with a flourless chocolate brownie made in a slow cooker—on the table any night of the week. Gina Homolka, founder of the widely adored blog Skinnytaste, shares 140 dishes that come together in a snap—whether in a slow cooker or in the oven or on the stovetop. Favorites include:
Chicken and Dumpling Soup
Korean-Style Beef Tacos
Spicy Harissa Lamb Ragu
Under 30 Minutes
Zucchini Noodles with Shrimp and Feta
Pizza-Stuffed Chicken Roll-Ups
Grilled Cheese with Havarti, Brussels Sprouts, and Apple
Cauliflower “Fried” Rice
Each recipe includes nutritional information, which can help you take steps toward weight and health goals, and many dishes are vegetarian, gluten-free, and freezer-friendly—all called out with helpful icons. Gina’s practical advice for eating well and 120 color photos round out this indispensable cookbook.
(Please note that nutritional information is provided with every recipe, but the most up-to-date Weight Watchers points can be found online at skinnytaste.com.)
- Clarkson Potter Publishers
- The Skinnytaste Cookbook: Light on Calories, Big on Flavor
- Skinnytaste One and Done: 140 No-Fuss Dinners for Your Instant Pot®, Slow Cooker, Air Fryer, Sheet Pan, Skillet, Dutch Oven, and More
- The Skinnytaste Meal Planner, Revised Edition: Track and Plan Your Meals, Week-by-Week
- The Easy & Healthy Slow Cooker Cookbook: Incredibly Simple Prep-and-Go Whole Food Meals
- The Complete Slow Cooking for Two: A Perfectly Portioned Slow Cooker Cookbook
- Healthy Cookbook for Two: 175 Simple, Delicious Recipes to Enjoy Cooking for Two
- The Healthy Meal Prep Cookbook: Easy and Wholesome Meals to Cook, Prep, Grab, and Go
- The Skinnytaste Meal Planner: Track and Plan Your Meals, Week-by-Week
- Meal Planner: Track And Plan Your Meals Weekly (52 Week Food Planner / Diary / Log / Journal / Calendar): Meal Prep And Planning Grocery List
- Meal Prep: The Complete Meal Prep Cookbook For Beginners: Your Essential Guide To Losing Weight And Saving Time - Delicious, Simple And Healthy Meals To Prep and Go! (Low Carb Meal Prep)
Page 4 of 5424
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED AS IS AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.