|Browse by Catagory:
Civil Rights & Liberties
War & Peace
Cajun & Creole Cooking
Caribbean & West Indian Cooking
Diabetic & Sugar-Free Cooking
Low Fat Cooking
Middle Eastern Cooking
Pacific Rim Cooking
Home & Garden
Literature & Fiction
Sheet Music & Scores
Environmental & Natural Resources Law
Ethics & Professional Responsibility
Procedures & Litigation
Water Supply & Land Use
Lawyer and Crimal Humor
Outdoors & Nature
Hiking & Camping
Hunting & Fishing
Beer & Beer Making
Health & Fitness
Diets & Weight Loss
Children's Science & Nature
Vitamins & Supplements
Psychology and Counseling
Philosophy of Psychology
Physiological Aspects of Psychology
Psychology of Sexuality
Psychology Testing & Measurement
Chaos & Systems
Geometry & Topology
Logic & Brain Teasers
Chaos & Systems
Geometry & Topology
Probability & Statistics
Experiments, Instruments & Measurement
Chaos & Systems
Fusion & Fission
Nuclear Magnetic Resonance
Waves & Wave Mechanics
Administration & Policy
Allied Health Professions
Medical Education & Training
Endocrinology & Metabolism
Physician & Patient
Insects & Spiders
Fish & Aquariums
Mobile & Wireless Computing: Programming
Linux Kernel & Peripherals
Linux Networking & Administration
State & Local History
Sci Fi Calendars
Bujold, Lois McMaster
Card, Orson Scott
Chalker, Jack L.
Heinlein, Robert A.
McKillip, Patricia A.
Nye, Jody Lynn
Diets & Weight Loss
|Trim Healthy Mama Cookbook: Eat Up and Slim Down with More Than 350 Healthy Recipes
Lowest new price: $13.91
Lowest used price: $12.29
List price: $28.99
Author: Pearl Barrett
Brand: WaterBrook Press
In their debut cookbook, the Trim Healthy Mamas share hundreds of delicious, healthy recipes to help readers successfully slim down while eating well.
This companion cookbook to the bestselling Trim Healthy Mama Plan is just what readers have been waiting for. It features simple, mouthwatering, recipes for breakfast, lunch and dinner—including slow cooker and one-pot meals, hearty soups and salads, omelets and waffles, pizzas, breads and more. No Trim Healthy Mama should be deprived, so there are also favorite snacks, delectable desserts, and the smoothies, sippers and teas fans love.
With pantry-stocking advice, time-saving tips, and information on how to cook for the entire family, the Trim Healthy Mama Cookbook offers a delicious and nutritious way to make trim and healthy meals with less stress—so you have more time with your loved ones.
- Trim Healthy Mama Cookbook Eat Up and Slim Down with More Than 350 Healthy Recipes
|Paleo for Beginners: Essentials to Get Started
Lowest new price: $6.57
Lowest used price: $2.69
List price: $9.99
Author: John Chatham
Brand: Rockridge University Press
Discover why more people continue to choose Paleo for Beginners—the New York Times bestselling Paleo cookbook that has sold over 150,000 copies sold—more than any other Paleo cookbook.
Paleo is not just another fad diet; it is the diet humans were designed to eat. But getting started on any new diet can be challenging—even one as primal as Paleo. Paleo for Beginners is your one-stop Paleo cookbook for feeling healthy, losing weight, and increasing your energy level. By focusing on low-carb, high-protein meals that remove all processed foods, this Paleo cookbook will help decrease your odds of developing common health ailments such as diabetes, hypertension, heart disease, and more.
Straightforward yet comprehensive, this Paleo cookbook offers:
- A 7-day step-by-step plan for beginners, complete with a Paleo shopping guide
- 145 Paleo-friendly foods that you can enjoy—and an extensive list of what food items you should avoid
- 114 easy, mouthwatering recipes for every meal, such as Eggs Benedict Paleo Style, High-Protein Grain-Free Burgers, Chicken Avocado Wraps, and Paleo Waffles
“This is a good Paleo cookbook for beginners like myself. It gave me a way to start paleo and a meal plan to follow the first two weeks. After reading this book, I know that this is the diet that I can follow and not feel like I'm missing out.”—Sabrina R., Amazon Verified Purchase
- Rockridge University Press
- Paleo Cookbook: 300 Delicious Paleo Diet Recipes
- The Paleo Diet: Lose Weight and Get Healthy by Eating the Foods You Were Designed to Eat
- The Paleo Slow Cooker Cookbook: 40 Easy To Prepare Paleo Recipes For Your Slow Cooker
- Paleo in 28: 4 Weeks, 5 Ingredients, 130 Recipes
- The Complete Paleo Slow Cooker: A Paleo Cookbook for Everyday Meals That Prep Fast & Cook Slow
- Super Paleo Snacks: 100 Delicious Low-Glycemic, Gluten-Free Snacks That Will Make Living Your Paleo Lifestyle Simple & Satisfying
- Paleo Recipes for Rapid Weight Loss: 50 Delicious, Quick & Easy Recipes to Help Melt Your Damn Stubborn Fat Away! (Paleo Recipes, Paleo, Paleo ... Paleo Recipe Book, Paleo Cookbook) (Volume 1)
- Everyday Paleo Family Cookbook: Real Food for Real Life
- Paleo Smoothies: Recipes to Energize And For Weight Loss
- Paleo Diet: Paleo Diet For Beginners, Lose Weight And Get Healthy (Paleo Diet Cookbook, Paleo Diet Recipes, Paleo Diet For Weight Loss, Paleo Diet For Beginners)
|Eat to Live Quick and Easy Cookbook: 131 Delicious Recipes for Fast and Sustained Weight Loss, Reversing Disease, and Lifelong Health
Lowest new price: $11.49
Lowest used price: $11.49
List price: $22.99
Author: Joel Fuhrman
Brand: Fuhrman Joel
Discover What Millions of People Have Already Experienced-- Dr. Fuhrman's Extraordinary and Life-Changing Recipes
Too busy to shop? Too tired to cook? Not sure what's healthy? From the #1 New York Times best-selling author of Eat to Live and the instant New York Times bestseller Eat to Live Cookbook comes Eat to Live Quick and Easy Cookbook, 131 super delicious, easy-to-prepare, incredibly healthy recipes. No guilt, no-fuss, just amazing food that's good for you. From the grocery store to the kitchen table, Eat to Live Quick and Easy Cookbook is just what you and your family have been looking for to become happier and healthier than ever before.
- Eat to Live Quick and Easy Cookbook 131 Delicious Recipes for Fast and Sustained Weight Loss Reversing Disease and Lifelong Health
|The How Not to Die Cookbook: 100+ Recipes to Help Prevent and Reverse Disease
Lowest new price: $20.39
List price: $29.99
Author: Michael Greger M.D. MD
From Michael Greger, M.D., FACLM, the physician behind the trusted and wildly popular website Nutritionfacts.org, and author of the New York Times bestselling book How Not to Die, comes a beautifully-designed, comprehensive cookbook complete with more than 120 recipes for delicious, life-saving, plant-based meals, snacks, and beverages.
Dr. Michael Greger’s first traditionally published book, How Not to Die, presented the scientific evidence behind the only diet that can prevent and reverse many of the causes of premature death and disability. Now, The How Not to Die Cookbook puts that science into action. From Superfood Breakfast Bites to Spaghetti Squash Puttanesca to Two-Berry Pie with Pecan-Sunflower Crust, every recipe in The How Not to Die Cookbook offers a delectable, easy-to-prepare, plant-based dish to help anyone eat their way to better health.
Rooted in the latest nutrition science, these easy-to-follow, stunningly photographed recipes will appeal to anyone looking to live a longer, healthier life. Featuring Dr. Greger’s Daily Dozen―the best ingredients to add years to your life―The How Not to Die Cookbook is destined to become an essential tool in healthy kitchens everywhere.
|The Wicked Good Ketogenic Diet Cookbook: Easy, Whole Food Keto Recipes for Any Budget
Lowest new price: $10.87
Lowest used price: $8.25
List price: $18.99
Author: Amanda C. Hughes
“If you are embarking on a ketogenic lifestyle journey, this cookbook is your roadmap! I am relatively new to keto and have a group of clients that I am guiding through a low-carb lifestyle and intense fitness program. We are cooking our way through this book and getting amazing results!”―Kate Jaramillo, Reader and Ketogenic Diet Follower
Watching your waistline along with your wallet can be frustrating―but you shouldn’t have to let your budget stand in the way of your health. Just ask chef Amanda Hughes, whose drastic weight loss on the Ketogenic Diet prompted her to write a cookbook that balances meals and budgets. The Wicked Good Ketogenic Cookbook is packed with easy to prepare low-carb and high-fat recipes that are both appetizing and affordable. Once you learn the tips and tricks to help you start and stick with this low-carb and low-cost lifestyle, you’ll discover that the Ketogenic Diet is not just a diet, it’s a way of life.
The Wicked Good Ketogenic Cookbook contains:
- 175 Ketogenic Diet Recipes: easy to prepare low-carb, high-fat recipes that use clean, whole foods
- Money Saving Tips: advice on how and where to shop to save money along with price points for every recipe
- A Comprehensive Introduction: details on the main differences between keto and paleo diets and everything else you need to know on how to stay fit and stick with the Ketogenic Diet
“This is the BIBLE for the Ketogenic Diet and an amazing way to lose weight! The recipes are wonderful. Amanda has put together recipes that are easy to follow, beautifully displayed, and DELICIOUS as promised.”―Margaret Wynn, Ketogenic Diet Devotee
Discover the simple, clean recipes in The Wicked Good Ketogenic Cookbook and learn how “wicked good” it feels to follow the Ketogenic Diet.
|Eat Right 4 Your Type (Revised and Updated): The Individualized Blood Type Diet® Solution
Lowest new price: $17.79
Lowest used price: $13.98
List price: $28.00
Author: Dr. Peter J. D'Adamo
THE NEW YORK TIMES BESTSELLING DIET PHENOMENON
If you’ve ever suspected that not everyone should eat the same thing or do the same exercise, you’re right. In fact, what foods we absorb well and how our bodies handle stress differ with each blood type.
Your blood type reflects your internal chemistry. It is the key that unlocks the mysteries of disease, longevity, fitness, and emotional strength. It determines your susceptibility to illness, the foods you should eat, and ways to avoid the most troubling health problems.
Based on decades of research and practical application, Eat Right 4 Your Type offers an individualized diet-and-health plan that is right for you.
In this revised and updated edition of Eat Right 4 Your Type, you will learn:
• Which foods, spices, teas, and condiments will help maintain your optimal health and ideal weight
• Which vitamins and supplements to emphasize or avoid
• Which medications function best in your system
• Whether your stress goes to your muscles or to your nervous system
• Whether your stress is relieved better through aerobics or meditation
• Whether you should walk, swim, or play tennis or golf as your mode of exercise
• How knowing your blood type can help you avoid many common viruses and infections
• How knowing your blood type can help you fight back against life-threatening diseases
• How to slow down the aging process by avoiding factors that cause rapid cell deterioration
INCLUDES A 10-DAY JUMP-START PLAN
This abridged audiobook introduces Dr. Peter J. D'Adamo's revolutionary approach to dieting based on the connection between blood type and health. Read by audio pro Polly Adams, D'Adamo's bestseller details how different foods affect specific blood types both positively and negatively. We learn that "pastas made from buckwheat are better tolerated for Type Os," and that type As should eliminate all meat from their diet to reduce the risk of heart disease and cancer. Adams blends an efficient, no-nonsense delivery and warm tones that may remind some of a favorite talk-radio personality. And considering the important subject matter, listeners will appreciate all of these qualities. While some dieters may find the suggestions too progressive--it's recommended that women with a history of breast cancer in their family introduce snails into their diet--this is a beneficial three-hour investment for dieters seeking alternative nutritional plans. (Running time: three hours, two cassettes) --Cate Bick
- Eat Right 4 Your Type The Individualized Blood Type Diet Solution Revised Updated Eat Right 4 Your Type Street Smart
|The Big Book of Kombucha: Brewing, Flavoring, and Enjoying the Health Benefits of Fermented Tea
Lowest new price: $15.47
Lowest used price: $12.49
List price: $24.95
Author: Hannah Crum
2016 Silver Nautilus Book Award Winner
Brew your own kombucha at home! With more than 400 recipes, including 268 unique flavor combinations, you can get exactly the taste you want — for a fraction of the store-bought price. This complete guide, from the proprietors of Kombucha Kamp, shows you how to do it from start to finish, with illustrated step-by-step instructions and troubleshooting tips. The book also includes information on the many health benefits of kombucha, fascinating details of the drink’s history, and recipes for delicious foods and drinks you can make with kombucha (including some irresistible cocktails!).
“This is the one go-to resource for all things kombucha.”
— Andrew Zimmern, James Beard Award–winning author and host of Travel Channel’s Bizarre Foods
- Kombucha Brewing Kit with Organic Kombucha Scoby. Includes Glass Brew Jar, Organic Kombucha Loose Leaf Tea, Temperature Gauge, Organic Sugar and More!
- Deluxe Kombucha Brewing Kit - Six Swing Top Bottles, Stainless Steel Funnel, Custom Bottle Brush & Our Original Brewing Kit
- 1 X Organic Kombucha Scoby - Live Culture by Scoby Kombucha
- Kombucha, Kefir, and Beyond: A Fun and Flavorful Guide to Fermenting Your Own Probiotic Beverages at Home
- Kombucha SCOBY & Starter Tea-Live Starter Culture - Organic Raw, 9 ounces
- Fermented Vegetables: Creative Recipes for Fermenting 64 Vegetables & Herbs in Krauts, Kimchis, Brined Pickles, Chutneys, Relishes & Pastes
- 2 Poseymom Kombucha Scobys
- Poseymom Kombucha Scoby and 1/2 Cup Starter Tea
- Chef's Star CASE OF 6 - 16 oz. EASY CAP Beer Bottles with Funnel and Cleaning Brush - CLEAR
- True Brews: How to Craft Fermented Cider, Beer, Wine, Sake, Soda, Mead, Kefir, and Kombucha at Home
|The Ketogenic Bible: The Authoritative Guide to Ketosis
Lowest new price: $23.15
Lowest used price: $23.62
List price: $39.95
Author: Jacob Wilson
The ketogenic diet is emerging as one of the most popular diets for health and weight loss, and for good reason. No other diet has the same benefits for health concerns ranging from obesity and type 2 diabetes to Alzheimer’s disease to cancer—not to mention its positive effects on athletic performance.
In The Ketogenic Bible, Jacob Wilson and Ryan Lowery offer a comprehensive look at the ketogenic diet and the fat-burning state it induces, ketosis. It’s the most complete source for information on keto—not only how to follow a ketogenic diet but also how it affects the bodily systems and processes that are at the core of how we feel and function every day. Their approach is based on the wide range of scientific research that’s been conducted on ketosis, including the research they’re doing at their own Applied Science and Performance Institute. Through their work with people who are switching to a ketogenic diet, they also know the most common concerns and questions, so they’ve included practical tips and advice for following keto, along with more than 75 easy and delicious recipes.
No other book offers such an exhaustive, science-based view of what it means to follow a ketogenic diet. This is your one-stop shop for the most tested and accurate information on the ketogenic diet and for answers to all your questions.
- The Keto Diet: The Complete Guide to a High-Fat Diet, with More Than 125 Delectable Recipes and 5 Meal Plans to Shed Weight, Heal Your Body, and Regain Confidence
- The Complete Ketogenic Diet for Beginners: Your Essential Guide to Living the Keto Lifestyle
- Keto Clarity: Your Definitive Guide to the Benefits of a Low-Carb, High-Fat Diet
- The KETO Soup Bowl: 50 delicious fat-burning, health-boosting bowls of soup, chowder, hodgepodge, gumbo, stew, and gazpacho
- Sweet and Savory Fat Bombs: 100 Delicious Treats for Fat Fasts, Ketogenic, Paleo, and Low-Carb Diets
- The Art and Science of Low Carbohydrate Performance
- 30 Precision Xtra Blood Ketone Test Strips.
- The Keto Reset Diet: Reboot Your Metabolism in 21 Days and Burn Fat Forever
- The Art and Science of Low Carbohydrate Living: An Expert Guide to Making the Life-Saving Benefits of Carbohydrate Restriction Sustainable and Enjoyable
- Ketogenic Diet Dump Meals: Easy Ketogenic Diet Recipes For Weight Loss: Keto Dump meals for beginners: Keto Recipes For Busy People: Keto Dump Dinners
|The Fast Metabolism Diet Cookbook: Eat Even More Food and Lose Even More Weight
Lowest new price: $15.75
Lowest used price: $8.53
List price: $26.99
Author: Haylie Pomroy
Brand: Haylie Pomroy
Turn your kitchen into a secret weapon for losing up to 20 pounds in 28 days through the fat-burning power of food!
Use food as medicine to cook your way healthy in this must have companion to the bestselling diet sensation, The Fast Metabolism Diet. You will find over 200 simple, effective, mouthwatering, family-pleasing recipes designed to evoke change in your body with a plan that celebrates food, thrives on variety, and has you eating five to six times a day according to a three-phase plan strategically designed to keep your metabolism burning at lightning speeds.
On phase 1 you will cook to unwind stress and support your adrenals with nourishing breakfasts like Strawberry Pancakes, as well as delicious entrees like the Mediterranean Turkey with Wild Rice.
On Phase 2, you’ll be cooking to unlock stored fat and feed the liver with protein-rich salads like the Grilled Turkey Bacon and Asparagus Salad, and luxurious dinners like Rosemary Pork Tenderloin with Mustard Greens.
Then on Phase 3, it is time to use your kitchen to unleash the burn and ignite the Fast Metabolism hormones with high healthy fat meals like the Fried egg with Olive Oil Spinach. You’ll prepare dairy free creamy soups and stews like Leek and Cauliflower Soup, and serve crowd-pleasing dinners like Turkey and Bell Pepper Casserole.
As you cycle through all three phases each week you’ll add kindling to your metabolic fire with amazing snacks like sweet potato fries served with dips and dressings like Mango Salsa.
And to top it all off, for each phase you’ll be whipping up rich desserts and smoothies, like Coconut Almond Pudding and Blackberry Sorbet.
Plus plenty of vegetarian, vegan, and gluten-free options, such as a hearty lentil chili, savory Artichoke-Avocado Salad, and Garden Egg White Soufflé.
Full of helpful and affordable hints for cooking on each of the three phases, a wealth of freezer-friendly recipes to cook in bulk, and dozens of slow cooker options that can be prepared in under 5 minutes, this is the ideal tool for the busy mom, the on-the-go professional, or anyone who wants to make delicious, nutritious, home-cooked food part of his or her Fast Metabolism lifestyle.
Featured Recipes from The Fast Metabolism Diet Cookbook
Download the recipe for Greek Meatballs and Veggies
Download the recipe for Peach Sorbet
Download the recipe for Tangerine Halibut Salad
- The Fast Metabolism Diet Cookbook
|Healing Back Pain: The Mind-Body Connection
Lowest new price: $5.40
Lowest used price: $3.57
List price: $8.00
Author: John E. Sarno
Brand: Grand Central Life & Style
Dr. John E. Sarno is a medical pioneer whose program has helped thousands upon thousands of people overcome their back conditions--without or drugs or dangerous surgery. Now, using his groundbreaking research into TMS (Tension Myositis Syndrome), Dr. Sarno goes one step further: after identifying stress and other psychological factors in back pain, he demonstrates how many of his patients have gone on to heal themselves without exercise or other physical therapy. Find out: Why self-motivated and successful people are prone to TMS; How anxiety and repressed anger trigger muscle spasms; How people "train themselves' to experience back pain; How you may get relief from back pain within two to six weeks by recognizing TMS and its causes. With case histories and the results of in-depth mind-body research, Dr. Sarno describes how patients recognize the emotional roots of their TMS and sever the connections between mental and physical pain... and how, just by reading this book, you may start recovering from back pain today.
Healing Back Pain promises permanent elimination of back pain without drugs, surgery, or exercise. It should have been titled Understanding TMS Pain, because it discusses one particular cause of back pain--Tension Myositis Syndrome (TMS)--and isn't really a program for self-treatment, with only five pages of action plan (and many more pages telling why conventional methods don't work). According to John E. Sarno, M.D., TMS is the major cause of pain in the back, neck, shoulders, buttocks, and limbs--and it is caused not by structural abnormalities but by the mind's effort to repress emotions. He's not saying that your pain is all in your head; rather, he's saying that the battle going on in your mind results in a real physical disorder that may affect muscles, nerves, tendons, or ligaments. An injury may have triggered the disorder, but is not the cause of the amount or intensity of the resulting pain. According to Sarno, the mind tricks you into not facing repressed emotion by making you focus on pain in the body. When this realization sinks in ("and it must sink in, for mere intellectual appreciation of the process is not enough"), the trick doesn't work any more, and there's no need for the pain. (Healing Back Pain should not be used for self-diagnosis. Always consult a physician for chronic or acute back pain.) --Joan Price
- The Mindbody Prescription: Healing the Body, Healing the Pain
- The Divided Mind: The Epidemic of Mindbody Disorders
- Mind Over Back Pain: A Radically New Approach to the Diagnosis and Treatment of Back Pain
- Dr. John Sarno's Top 10 Healing Discoveries
- The MindBody Workbook: A Thirty Day Program of Insight and Awareness for People with Back Pain and Other Disorders
- The Great Pain Deception: Faulty Medical Advice Is Making Us Worse
- Crooked: Outwitting the Back Pain Industry and Getting on the Road to Recovery
- 7 Steps to a Pain-Free Life: How to Rapidly Relieve Back, Neck, and Shoulder Pain
- 8 Steps to a Pain-Free Back: Natural Posture Solutions for Pain in the Back, Neck, Shoulder, Hip, Knee, and Foot
- Back Pain Permanent Healing: Understanding the Myths, Lies, and Confusion
Page 5 of 6745
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED AS IS AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.