|Browse by Catagory:
Civil Rights & Liberties
War & Peace
Cajun & Creole Cooking
Caribbean & West Indian Cooking
Diabetic & Sugar-Free Cooking
Low Fat Cooking
Middle Eastern Cooking
Pacific Rim Cooking
Home & Garden
Literature & Fiction
Sheet Music & Scores
Environmental & Natural Resources Law
Ethics & Professional Responsibility
Procedures & Litigation
Water Supply & Land Use
Lawyer and Crimal Humor
Outdoors & Nature
Hiking & Camping
Hunting & Fishing
Beer & Beer Making
Health & Fitness
Diets & Weight Loss
Children's Science & Nature
Vitamins & Supplements
Psychology and Counseling
Philosophy of Psychology
Physiological Aspects of Psychology
Psychology of Sexuality
Psychology Testing & Measurement
Chaos & Systems
Geometry & Topology
Logic & Brain Teasers
Chaos & Systems
Geometry & Topology
Probability & Statistics
Experiments, Instruments & Measurement
Chaos & Systems
Fusion & Fission
Nuclear Magnetic Resonance
Waves & Wave Mechanics
Administration & Policy
Allied Health Professions
Medical Education & Training
Endocrinology & Metabolism
Physician & Patient
Insects & Spiders
Fish & Aquariums
Mobile & Wireless Computing: Programming
Linux Kernel & Peripherals
Linux Networking & Administration
State & Local History
Sci Fi Calendars
Bujold, Lois McMaster
Card, Orson Scott
Chalker, Jack L.
Heinlein, Robert A.
McKillip, Patricia A.
Nye, Jody Lynn
|Baby 411: Clear Answers & Smart Advice for Your Baby's First Year
Lowest new price: $11.13
Lowest used price: $11.65
List price: $16.95
Author: Ari Brown
Brand: Windsor Peak Press
"(Baby 411 is) my go-to reference so I don't bother Charlotte's pediatrician!"―Chelsea Clinton (US Weekly, Sept. 2015).
You are having a baby! Congratulations! Now, the reality hits you—what the heck am I doing? What if you could bottle the wisdom of all those parents who’ve come before you . . . and mix it with the solid medical advice from an nationally-renowned pediatrician? Baby 411 is the answer! Think of it as the ultimate FAQ for new parents. Inside you’ll learn:
• How to pick a pediatrician with savvy questions to ask and insider tips.
• Sleep. The best way to get your baby to sleep through the night.
• First aid—when to worry, when not . . . and what to do when baby gets sick. No-nonsense, down-to-earth advice you can trust.
• Fussy baby 411. Is it colic? Acid reflux? Or something else? Discover the secrets to soothing a fussy baby.
• Detailed nutrition info with a step-by-step guide for successful breastfeeding, introducing solid food and the ‘‘new and improved’’ formulas. Plus: simple steps to avoid food allergies!
• Is my baby normal? Learn how your baby will grow and develop!
New in this revised 8th edition:
• Screens & your baby―The latest recommendations on when and how to use technology with your newborn!
• That's nuts! When should you introduce baby to peanut butter? We've got the latest important research findings on peanut allergies.
• Amber teething necklaces and other internet crazes to avoid!
All that and more in the new, updated and revised BABY 411!
|WomanCode: Perfect Your Cycle, Amplify Your Fertility, Supercharge Your Sex Drive, and Become a Power Source
Lowest new price: $9.32
Lowest used price: $8.44
List price: $15.99
Author: Alisa Vitti
Brand: Vitti Alisa
With WomanCode, holistic health coach Alisa Vitti shows women how to maintain health and vitality with a food-based program to rebalance their hormones.
Alisa Vitti found herself suffering through the symptoms of polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS), and was able to heal herself through food and lifestyle changes. Relieved and reborn, she made it her mission to empower other women to be able to do the same.
Whether you are suffering from irregular periods, fertility issues, depression, or lack of sex drive, Alisa Vitti says that meds and anti-depressants aren’t the only solutions. Groundbreaking and informative, WomanCode educates women about hormone health in a way that’s relevant and easy to understand. And the five-step protocol can markedly improve health and overall quality of life.
Bestselling author and women’s health expert Christiane Northrup, who has called WomanCode the "Our Bodies, Ourselves" of this generation, provides an insightful foreword.
- Womancode Perfect Your Cycle Amplify Your Fertility Supercharge Your Sex Drive and Become a Power Source
|On Becoming Baby Wise: Giving Your Infant the Gift of Nighttime Sleep
Lowest new price: $11.84
Lowest used price: $7.49
List price: $15.95
Author: Robert Bucknam M.D.
Brand: Bucknam Robert MD
Distinguished pediatrician Dr Robert Bucknam, M.D. and co-author Gary Ezzo are two of the world's leading experts on baby sleep and feeding patterns. Millions of new mothers across the globe are coming toward this new brand at an increasing pace as they find and share the life changing success they are achieving with their newborns. This updated Anniversary edition celebrates 25 years with Bucknam and Ezzo's groundbreaking approach which has found favor with over six million parents in all 50 states and has been translated into 20 languages around the world.
For 25 years, On Becoming Babywise has been the de facto newborn parenting manual for naturally synchronizing your baby's feeding time, waketime and nighttime sleep cycles, so the whole family can sleep through the night.
In his 28th year as a licensed Pediatrician, Dr. Robert Bucknam, M.D. along with co-author Gary Ezzo, demonstrate how order and stability are mutual allies of every newborn's metabolism and how parents can take advantage of these biological propensities. In particular, they note how an infant's body responds to the influences of parental routine or the lack thereof. Early chapters start with explorations of everyday aspects of infant management such as the three basic elements of daytime activities for newborns: feeding time, waketime, and naptime. Practical discussions then focus on broad and niche topics including feeding philosophies, baby sleep problems, baby scheduling challenges, nap routines, sleep training multiples, baby sleeping props, Colic and Reflux and many other dimensions which impact breast feeding schedules, bottle feeding tips, and baby sleeping training. Five resource Appendixes provide additional reference material: 1) Taking care of baby and mom 2) A timeline of what to expect and when 3)Baby Sleep Training Problems and Solutions 4)Monitoring Your Baby's Growth 5) Healthy Baby Growth Charts On Becoming Babywise is more than an infant-management concept. It is a mindset for successful parenthood. It can help any parent develop a plan that meets both the needs of a new baby and of the entire family. These principles have worked for millions of parents and, when applied with common sense to your unique situation, can work wonderfully for you too! Recommended by doctors across the country.
- On Becoming Baby Wise 25th Anniversary Edition Giving Your Infant the Gift of Nightime Sleep
|The Mama Natural Week-by-Week Guide to Pregnancy and Childbirth
Lowest new price: $11.95
Lowest used price: $7.57
List price: $20.00
Author: Genevieve Howland
Brand: NORTH STAR WAY
With over 60 million views on her YouTube channel, Howland's (a.k.a. Mama Natural) funny but informational videos have empowered millions of women to embrace natural pregnancy and parenting. Now Howland is turning to the page, offering up the first week-by-week pregnancy & childbirth book from a natural perspective.
For the last half-century, control over childbirth has been in favor of doctors. Many pregnancy guidebooks are conventional, fear-based, or written by male physicians deeply entrenched in the medical model of birth.
But change is underway. A groundswell of women are taking back their pregnancy and childbirth and embracing a natural way. Genevieve Howland, the woman behind the enormously popular Mama Natural blog and YouTube channel, has created an inspiring, fun, and informative guide that demystifies natural pregnancy and walks mom through the process one week at a time.
The Mama Natural's Week-by-Week Guide to Pregnancy and Childbirth is the modern (and yet ancient) approach to pregnancy and childbirth. "Natural" recognizes that pregnancy and birth are normal, and that having a baby is a wondrous biological process and rite of passage--not a medical condition. This book draws upon the latest research showing how beneficial and life-changing natural birth is for both babies and moms.
Full of weekly advice and tips for a healthy pregnancy, Howland details vital nutrition to take, natural remedies for common and troublesome symptoms, as well as the appropriate (and inappropriate) use of interventions.
Peppered throughout are positive birth and pregnancy stories from women of all backgrounds (and all stages of their natural journey) along with advice and insights from a Certified Nurse Midwife (CNM) plus a Registered Nurse (RN), doula, and lactation consultant. Encouraging, well-researched, and fun, The Mama Natural's Week-by-Week Guide to Pregnancy and Childbirth will be an essential companion for women everywhere to embrace natural pregnancy and reap all the benefits for both baby and mama.
|She Comes First: The Thinking Man's Guide to Pleasuring a Woman (Kerner)
Lowest new price: $8.50
Lowest used price: $7.17
List price: $16.99
Author: Ian Kerner
Brand: William Morrow Paperbacks
“Every man’s must-read. Tell your guy to put down the remote and pick up She Comes First.”
Ian Kerner offers a radical new philosophy for pleasuring women in She Comes First—an essential guidebook to oral sex from the author of Be Honest—You’re Not That Into Him Either. The New York Times praises Kerner’s “cool sense of humor and an obsessive desire to inform,” as he “encourages men through an act that many find mystifying.” An indispensable aid to a healthier, more fulfilling sex life for her and him, She Comes First offers techniques and philosophy that have already earned raves from the likes of bestselling author and Loveline co-host Dr. Drew Pinsky as well as Playgirl magazine, which cheers, “Hallelujah!”
- William Morrow Paperbacks
|Expecting Better: Why the Conventional Pregnancy Wisdom Is Wrong-and What You Really Need to Know
Lowest new price: $10.06
Lowest used price: $7.48
List price: $17.00
Author: Emily Oster
Brand: Emily Oster
*Newly Updated, this Revised Edition Includes the Latest Research and Findings on Genetic Testing and more*
“Gives moms-to-be a big helping of peace of mind!” —Harvey Karp M.D., bestselling author of The Happiest Baby on the Block
Pregnancy—unquestionably one of the most profound, meaningful experiences of adulthood—can reduce otherwise intelligent women to, well, babies. Pregnant women are told to avoid cold cuts, sushi, alcohol, and coffee without ever being told why these are forbidden. Rules for prenatal testing are similarly unexplained. Moms-to-be desperately want a resource that empowers them to make their own right choices.
When award-winning economist Emily Oster was a mom-to-be herself, she evaluated the data behind the accepted rules of pregnancy, and discovered that most are often misguided and some are just flat-out wrong. Debunking myths and explaining everything from the real effects of caffeine to the surprising dangers of gardening, Expecting Bettering is the book for every pregnant woman who wants to enjoy a healthy and relaxed pregnancy—and the occasional glass of wine.
- Expecting Better Why the Conventional Pregnancy Wisdom Is Wrong And What You Really Need to Know
|The Belly Book: A Nine-Month Journal for You and Your Growing Belly (Potter Style)
Lowest new price: $10.45
Lowest used price: $1.81
List price: $16.99
Author: Amy Krouse Rosenthal
Brand: Random House
Before you get to meet your baby, you spend a swell (so to speak) nine months getting acquainted with your growing belly. The first pregnancy journal devoted 100% to you and your belly, The Belly Book is organized by trimester and includes pages for “time-lapse” belly photos and ultrasound images, as well as prompts for writing about morning sickness, food cravings, maternity clothes you never want to see again, and much more.
- The Belly Book A Nine Month Journal for You and Your Growing Belly
|The Womanly Art of Breastfeeding: Completely Revised and Updated 8th Edition
Lowest new price: $7.51
Lowest used price: $2.60
List price: $22.00
Author: Diane Wiessinger
Brand: Hachette Book Group
It’s no secret that breastfeeding is the normal, healthy way to nourish and nurture your baby. Dedicated to supporting nursing and expectant mothers, the internationally respected La Leche League has set the standard for educating and empowering mothers in this natural art for generations.
Now their classic bestselling guide has been retooled, refocused, and updated for today’s mothers and lifestyles. Working mothers, stay-at-home moms, single moms, and mothers of multiples will all benefit from the book’s range of nursing advice, stories, and information—from preparing for breastfeeding during pregnancy to feeding cues, from nursing positions to expressing and storing breast milk. With all-new photos and illustrations, this ultimate support bible offers
• real-mom wisdom on breastfeeding comfortably—from avoiding sore nipples to simply enjoying the amazing bonding experience
• new insights into old approaches toward latching and attaching, ages and stages, and answers to the most-asked questions
• strategies for moms who choose to breastfeed for a short time or who plan to nurse for a year or more
• reassuring information on nursing after a C-section or delivery complications
• recent scientific data that highlight the many lifelong health benefits of breastfeeding
• helpful tips for building your support network—at home or when back at work
• nursing special-needs infants, premies, multiples, and how to thrive no matter what curveball life throws
• guidance on breast health issues, weight gain, day care, colic, postpartum depression, food allergies, and medications
Plus—Internet references for further information, including La Leche League support sites and groups.
Mothers bringing babies into a new world want sustainable, healthy, positive ways to help their children blossom and thrive. There is no better beginning for your baby than the womanly art of breastfeeding.
|Ketogenic Diet : The Step by Step Guide For Beginners: Ketogenic Diet for Beginners : Optimal Path for Weight Loss
Lowest new price: $13.20
Lowest used price: $13.58
List price: $14.67
Author: Jamie Ken Moore
Have you ever looked in the mirror and wondered if you could ever lose those fats and get yourself an awesome physique? How about being free of conditions like high blood pressure and less than ideal cholesterol levels to enjoy a wholesome, healthy and active life?
If that sounds good, step up and get ready to dive into the world of the Ketogenic Diet!
What Does The Ketogenic Diet Give You
- A healthy way to burn fat, and keep it off for real
- Experience weight loss within weeks that stays lost
- Freedom from Hunger and better appetite control
- Increased energy to go about your daily routines
- Improved cholesterol readings
- Reduction in blood sugar and blood pressure
- Eat savoury foods that you crave while losing weight! And Much More!
Wanting To Start The Ketogenic Diet But Not Sure How?
This guide serves to do just that, giving you a structured program on how to begin the ketogenic diet. You will also be shown the various other benefits of the ketogenic diet, as well as actionable information that will pave the road for you to enjoy long lasting weight loss, inches of reduction in overall body measurements and an improved mood.
In this book Ketogenic Diet: The Step by Step Guide, you will get for yourself
- An easy system that shows step by step on how to go ketogenic
- Ketogenic friendly grocery shopping list
- Meal recipes that breakdown calories, carbs, proteins and fat content!
- A quickstart Meal Plan for you to get chugging along
- The detailed know-how on why you want to go Ketogenic
- Knowledge on what to expect along the ketogenic journey
- Weight loss principles and the impact of the ketogenic diet
- A special list of foods that demands your attention for ketogenic success!
- And Much, Much More inside!
If you have been on the same route as me, trying all sorts of diets known on earth, popping expensive weight loss pills and spending loads on exercise machines but end up finding that the weight keeps coming back, then it is time for you to start the Ketogenic Diet!
To Sum It All Up
The Ketogenic Diet is not a cure all for every ill on the planet, but it can pretty much give you what you want if you are looking to lose weight effectively without much exercise, get your body’s metabolism in shape to be rid of those unhealthy cardiovascular symptoms and dramatically bring up your energy levels for each day’s work and play.
Start today. Get your ketogenic journey off, tread the path to effective weight loss and wellness in health!
Pick Up Your Copy Now!
Click On The BUY NOW Button At The Top Of The Page!
- Keto Diet for Beginners: TOP 51 Amazing and Simple Recipes in One Ketogenic Cookbook, Any Recipes on Your Choice for Any Meal Time
- The Complete Ketogenic Diet for Beginners: Your Essential Guide to Living the Keto Lifestyle
- The Easy 5-Ingredient Ketogenic Diet Cookbook: Low-Carb, High-Fat Recipes for Busy People on the Keto Diet
- The Keto Diet: The Complete Guide to a High-Fat Diet, with More Than 125 Delectable Recipes and 5 Meal Plans to Shed Weight, Heal Your Body, and Regain Confidence
- Ketogenic Diet Cookbook: 500 Ketogenic Diet Recipes to Cook at Home
- The One Pot Ketogenic Diet Cookbook: 100+ Easy Weeknight Meals for Your Skillet, Slow Cooker, Sheet Pan, and More
- The Keto Crock Pot Cookbook: Quick And Easy Ketogenic Crock Pot Recipes For Smart People
- Ketogenic Diet: The Complete How-To Guide For Beginners: Ketogenic Diet For Beginners: Step By Step To Lose Weight And Heal Your Body (Volume 1)
- The Beginner’s Ketogenic Diet for Health Benefits and Weight Loss: Includes a 30 Day Meal Plan with 100 Keto Diet Recipes, and a Sample Shopping List
- Simply Keto: A Practical Approach to Health & Weight Loss, with 100+ Easy Low-Carb Recipes
|The Whole 9 Months: A Week-By-Week Pregnancy Nutrition Guide with Recipes for a Healthy Start
Lowest new price: $10.49
Lowest used price: $5.62
List price: $15.99
Author: Jennifer Lang MD
Brand: Sonoma Press
“I’m thrilled that Dr. Lang has put her valuable knowledge into these pages. With this book in your hand, you are on your way to putting your health first and setting your baby up for lifelong wellness.”―JESSICA ALBA, co-founder of The Honest Company
Good for baby, good for you: Every mom-to-be knows how important it is to pick the right foods when you’re eating for two―but the information overload on pre-natal nutrition can be stressful and time-consuming. The Whole Nine Months is your all-in-one pregnancy book with simple nutritional guidelines, up-to-date pregnancy research, and real mom-to-mom advice. Through reading The Whole Nine Months you’ll discover how easy it can be to make good food choices for your body while growing a healthy, happy baby.
An invaluable reference and cookbook during pregnancy, The Whole Nine Months contains:
- Nutritional Information: covering everything you need to know on essential baby-building nutrients, daily consumption needs, and where to find them in foods
- Over 100 Quick and Easy Recipes: including vegetarian, vegan, and gluten-free options―with helpful hints on how to customize each recipe to suit your cravings
- Handy Tricks: helping you to handle nausea, cravings, and anything else that comes your way
As an OB-GYN, activist, and mother herself, Dr. Lang knows how hard it can be to absorb the available information on pre-natal nutrition while tackling cravings and nausea.
“Eating for two” is the single most important thing that you’ll ever do―and The Whole Nine Months is the only pregnancy book you’ll need to get it right.
Page 2 of 3892
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED AS IS AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.