|Browse by Catagory:
Civil Rights & Liberties
War & Peace
Cajun & Creole Cooking
Caribbean & West Indian Cooking
Diabetic & Sugar-Free Cooking
Low Fat Cooking
Middle Eastern Cooking
Pacific Rim Cooking
Home & Garden
Literature & Fiction
Sheet Music & Scores
Environmental & Natural Resources Law
Ethics & Professional Responsibility
Procedures & Litigation
Water Supply & Land Use
Lawyer and Crimal Humor
Outdoors & Nature
Hiking & Camping
Hunting & Fishing
Beer & Beer Making
Health & Fitness
Diets & Weight Loss
Children's Science & Nature
Vitamins & Supplements
Psychology and Counseling
Philosophy of Psychology
Physiological Aspects of Psychology
Psychology of Sexuality
Psychology Testing & Measurement
Chaos & Systems
Geometry & Topology
Logic & Brain Teasers
Chaos & Systems
Geometry & Topology
Probability & Statistics
Experiments, Instruments & Measurement
Chaos & Systems
Fusion & Fission
Nuclear Magnetic Resonance
Waves & Wave Mechanics
Administration & Policy
Allied Health Professions
Medical Education & Training
Endocrinology & Metabolism
Physician & Patient
Insects & Spiders
Fish & Aquariums
Mobile & Wireless Computing: Programming
Linux Kernel & Peripherals
Linux Networking & Administration
State & Local History
Sci Fi Calendars
Bujold, Lois McMaster
Card, Orson Scott
Chalker, Jack L.
Heinlein, Robert A.
McKillip, Patricia A.
Nye, Jody Lynn
|Baby 411: Clear Answers & Smart Advice for Your Baby's First Year
Lowest new price: $10.27
Lowest used price: $5.94
List price: $16.95
Author: Ari Brown
Brand: Windsor Peak Press
"(Baby 411 is) my go-to reference so I don't bother Charlotte's pediatrician!"―Chelsea Clinton (US Weekly, Sept. 2015).
You are having a baby! Congratulations! Now, the reality hits you—what the heck am I doing? What if you could bottle the wisdom of all those parents who’ve come before you . . . and mix it with the solid medical advice from an nationally-renowned pediatrician? Baby 411 is the answer! Think of it as the ultimate FAQ for new parents. Inside you’ll learn:
• How to pick a pediatrician with savvy questions to ask and insider tips.
• Sleep. The best way to get your baby to sleep through the night.
• First aid—when to worry, when not . . . and what to do when baby gets sick. No-nonsense, down-to-earth advice you can trust.
• Fussy baby 411. Is it colic? Acid reflux? Or something else? Discover the secrets to soothing a fussy baby.
• Detailed nutrition info with a step-by-step guide for successful breastfeeding, introducing solid food and the ‘‘new and improved’’ formulas. Plus: simple steps to avoid food allergies!
• Is my baby normal? Learn how your baby will grow and develop!
New in this revised 8th edition:
• Screens & your baby―The latest recommendations on when and how to use technology with your newborn!
• That's nuts! When should you introduce baby to peanut butter? We've got the latest important research findings on peanut allergies.
• Amber teething necklaces and other internet crazes to avoid!
All that and more in the new, updated and revised BABY 411!
|The Fast Metabolism Diet: Eat More Food and Lose More Weight
Lowest new price: $6.00
Lowest used price: $1.50
List price: $26.00
Author: Haylie Pomroy
Haylie Pomroy has helped countless clients lose up to 20 pounds in just 4 weeks –all through the fat-burning power of food.
Hailed as “the metabolism whisperer,” Haylie reminds us that food is not the enemy, it’s the rehab needed to rev-up your sluggish, broken-down metabolism and turn your body into a fat-burning furnace.
On this plan you’re going to eat a lot. You’re going to eat three full meals and at least two snacks a day – and you’re still going to lose weight. What you’re not going to do is count a single calorie or fat gram. You’re going not to ban entire food groups. You’re not going to go carb-free or vegan or go cold turkey on the foods you love. Instead, you’re going to rotate what you’re eating throughout each week according to a simple and proven plan carefully designed to induce precise physiological changes that will set your metabolism on fire.
Phase I (Monday-Tuesday): Lots of carbs and fruits
Phase II (Wednesday-Thursday): Lots of proteins and veggies
Phase III (Friday-Sunday): All of the above, plus healthy fats and oils
By keeping your metabolism guessing in this specific and deliberate way, you’ll get it working faster. This isn’t just a theory, it’s the results-based product of Haylie Pomroy’s successful programs. It’s worked for celebrities, for athletes, and for people with chronic illnesses who need to lose weight, doctor’s orders. Now it’s going to work for you.
In 4 weeks not only will you see the weight fall off, you’ll also see your cholesterol drop, your blood sugar stabilize, your energy increase, your sleep improve, and your stress dramatically reduce. All thanks to the miraculous power of real, delicious, satisfying food!
Complete with 4 weeks of meal plans and over 50 recipes – including vegetarian, organic, and gluten-free options – this is the silver bullet for the chronic dieter who has tried every fad diet and failed, the first time dieter attempting to kick her metabolism into gear, and anyone who wants to naturally and safely eat her way to a skinner, healthier self.
|The Whole 9 Months: A Week-By-Week Pregnancy Nutrition Guide with Recipes for a Healthy Start
Lowest new price: $10.63
Lowest used price: $4.16
List price: $15.99
Author: Jennifer Lang MD
Brand: Sonoma Press
“I’m thrilled that Dr. Lang has put her valuable knowledge into these pages. With this book in your hand, you are on your way to putting your health first and setting your baby up for lifelong wellness.”―JESSICA ALBA, co-founder of The Honest Company
Good for baby, good for you: Every mom-to-be knows how important it is to pick the right foods when you’re eating for two―but the information overload on pre-natal nutrition can be stressful and time-consuming. The Whole Nine Months is your all-in-one pregnancy book with simple nutritional guidelines, up-to-date pregnancy research, and real mom-to-mom advice. Through reading The Whole Nine Months you’ll discover how easy it can be to make good food choices for your body while growing a healthy, happy baby.
An invaluable reference and cookbook during pregnancy, The Whole Nine Months contains:
- Nutritional Information: covering everything you need to know on essential baby-building nutrients, daily consumption needs, and where to find them in foods
- Over 100 Quick and Easy Recipes: including vegetarian, vegan, and gluten-free options―with helpful hints on how to customize each recipe to suit your cravings
- Handy Tricks: helping you to handle nausea, cravings, and anything else that comes your way
As an OB-GYN, activist, and mother herself, Dr. Lang knows how hard it can be to absorb the available information on pre-natal nutrition while tackling cravings and nausea.
“Eating for two” is the single most important thing that you’ll ever do―and The Whole Nine Months is the only pregnancy book you’ll need to get it right.
|The Cancer-Fighting Kitchen, Second Edition: Nourishing, Big-Flavor Recipes for Cancer Treatment and Recovery
Lowest new price: $19.37
Lowest used price: $14.38
List price: $32.50
Author: Rebecca Katz
Brand: Ten Speed Press
This new and revised edition of the IACP award-winning cookbook brings the healing power of delicious, nutritious foods to those whose hearts and bodies crave a revitalizing meal, through 150 new and updated recipes.
Featuring science-based, nutrient-rich recipes that are easy to prepare and designed to give patients a much-needed boost by stimulating appetite and addressing treatment side effects including fatigue, nausea, dehydration, mouth and throat soreness, tastebud changes, and weight loss. A step-by-step guide helps patients nutritionally prepare for all phases of treatment, and a full nutritional analysis accompanies each recipe. This remarkable resource teaches patients and caregivers how to use readily available powerhouse ingredients to build a symptom- and cancer-fighting culinary toolkit. Blending fantastic taste and meticulous science, these recipes for soups, vegetable dishes, proteins, and sweet and savory snacks are rich in the nutrients, minerals, and phytochemicals that help patients thrive during treatment.
This second edition also includes a dozen new recipes--many of which are simpler and less complicated, for cancer patients to prepare on their low days--as well as a list of cancer-fighting foods that can be incorporated into everyday life without stepping behind the stove. Rebecca has also revised the text with the most up-to-date scientific research and includes a section on how friends and family can build a culinary support team.
|The First Forty Days: The Essential Art of Nourishing the New Mother
Lowest new price: $16.50
Lowest used price: $15.43
List price: $27.50
Author: Heng Ou
The first 40 days after the birth of a child offer an essential and fleeting period of rest and recovery for the new mother. Based on author Heng Ou’s own postpartum experience with zuo yuezi, a set period of “confinement,” in which a woman remains at home focusing on healing and bonding with her baby, The First Forty Days revives the lost art of caring for the mother after birth.
As modern mothers are pushed to prematurely “bounce back” after delivering their babies, and are often left alone to face the physical and emotional challenges of this new stage of their lives, the first forty days provide a lifeline—a source of connection, nourishment, and guidance.
The book includes 60 simple recipes for healing soups; replenishing meals and snacks; and calming and lactation-boosting teas, all formulated to support the unique needs of the new mother. In addition to the recipes, this warm and encouraging guide offers advice on arranging a system of help during the postpartum period, navigating relationship challenges, and honoring the significance of pregnancy and birth.
The First Forty Days, fully illustrated to feel both inspiring and soothing, is a practical guide and inspirational read for all new mothers and mothers-to-be—the perfect ally during the first weeks with a new baby.
- The Fourth Trimester: A Postpartum Guide to Healing Your Body, Balancing Your Emotions, and Restoring Your Vitality
- Nurture: A Modern Guide to Pregnancy, Birth, Early Motherhood - and Trusting Yourself and Your Body
- The Doula's Guide to Empowering Your Birth: A Complete Labor and Childbirth Companion for Parents to Be
- The Postnatal Depletion Cure: A Complete Guide to Rebuilding Your Health and Reclaiming Your Energy for Mothers of Newborns, Toddlers, and Young Children
- Ina May's Guide to Childbirth
- Natural Health after Birth: The Complete Guide to Postpartum Wellness
- Breastfeeding Made Simple: Seven Natural Laws for Nursing Mothers
- The Better Baby Book: How to Have a Healthier, Smarter, Happier Baby
- Mindful Birthing: Training the Mind, Body, and Heart for Childbirth and Beyond
- The Happiest Baby on the Block; Fully Revised and Updated Second Edition: The New Way to Calm Crying and Help Your Newborn Baby Sleep Longer
|Curly Girl: The Handbook
Lowest new price: $9.90
Lowest used price: $5.60
List price: $15.95
Author: Michele Bender
The Curly Girl manifesto is back, now completely revised, updated, and expanded by more than a third with all-new material. Created by curly hair evangelist Lorraine Massey—the go-to curl expert featured in Allure, InStyle, Lucky, Seventeen, and The New York Times; owner of the Devachan salons in New York; and creator of a multimillion-dollar line of all-natural Devachan products—Curly Girl is the surprising bible for the 65 percent of women with naturally curly or wavy hair and a desire to celebrate it.
Curly Girl is packed with unique and fail-proof hair-care methods, inspiration, and an empowering pro-curl attitude. It’s all here: daily routines for Botticelli, fractal, and wavy curls; Lorraine’s no-more-shampoo epiphany—handle your hair as gently as you do your best cashmere sweater; homemade lotions and potions.
New to this edition: an illustrated, step-by-step guide to trimming your own hair (Remember: It’s not what you take off; it’s what you leave on.); a section on the particular needs of wavy hair; Lorraine’s Down-and-Dirty Curly Boy Routine; more fabulous ’dos for weddings and other special occasions; a chapter on multicurltural hair written by an African American specialist at Devachan. Plus, updated information on green and chemical-free products, 20 new Q&A’s, and a DVD with tutorials on caring for four different types of curls.
From now on, there’s no such thing as a bad hair day.
- Silver Hair: Say Goodbye to the Dye and Let Your Natural Light Shine: A Handbook
- 8oz, MopTop Curly Hair Custard Gel for Fine, Thick, Wavy, Curly & Kinky-Coily Natural hair, Anti Frizz Curl Moisturizer, Definer & Lightweight Curl Activator w/Aloe, great for Dry Hair. (8oz)
- Diane Double Prong Clips 80 Clips
- DevaCurl 3oz Kit For All Curl Kind, 4 Piece Set
- MOPTOP Daily Conditioner, 8 Fluid Ounce
- Jessicurl Deep Conditioning Treatment, Citrus Lavender, 8.0 Fluid Ounce
- xtava Black Orchid Large Hair Diffuser For Curly and Natural Hair - Professional Blow Dryer Diffuser to Maximize Frizz-Free Volume and Enhance Natural Curly Hair
- Hair RePear Ultimate Hair Towel - Anti Frizz Absorbent Premium Cotton Product to Enhance Your Healthy Natural Hair Perfect for Plopping Wrapping Scrunching Curly Wavy or Straight Hair - Large 29x45in
- MOPTOP Gentle Shampoo, 8 Fluid Ounce
- Luxe Beauty Essentials Microfiber Hair Towel For Drying Curly, Long & Thick Hair- Large 20 x 40 Grey
|Expecting Better: Why the Conventional Pregnancy Wisdom Is Wrong--and What You Really Need to Know
Lowest new price: $11.61
Lowest used price: $12.25
List price: $17.00
Author: Emily Oster
Brand: Emily Oster
*Newly Revised for 2019*
What to Expect When You're Expecting meets Freakonomics: an award-winning economist disproves standard recommendations about pregnancy to empower women while they're expecting. From the author of Cribsheet, a data-driven decision making guide to the early years of parenting
Pregnancy—unquestionably one of the most profound, meaningful experiences of adulthood—can reduce otherwise intelligent women to, well, babies. Pregnant women are told to avoid cold cuts, sushi, alcohol, and coffee without ever being told why these are forbidden. Rules for prenatal testing are similarly unexplained. Moms-to-be desperately want a resource that empowers them to make their own right choices.
When award-winning economist Emily Oster was a mom-to-be herself, she evaluated the data behind the accepted rules of pregnancy, and discovered that most are often misguided and some are just flat-out wrong. Debunking myths and explaining everything from the real effects of caffeine to the surprising dangers of gardening, Expecting Bettering is the book for every pregnant woman who wants to enjoy a healthy and relaxed pregnancy—and the occasional glass of wine.
- Expecting Better Why the Conventional Pregnancy Wisdom Is Wrong And What You Really Need to Know
|A Happier Hour
Lowest new price: $7.79
Lowest used price: $3.08
List price: $15.99
Author: Rebecca Weller
When Rebecca Weller’s pounding, dehydrated head woke her at 3am, yet again, she stared at the ceiling, wondering why the hell she kept doing this to herself. At 39 years of age - and a Health Coach, no less - she knew better than to down several bottles of wine per week. Her increasingly dysfunctional relationship with alcohol had to stop, but after decades of social drinking, she was terrified of what that might mean. How could she live a joyful existence, without alcohol? How would she relax, socialise, or celebrate - without wine?In sheer frustration, on a morning filled with regret and tears, she embarks on a 3-month sobriety experiment that becomes a quest for self-discovery, and ultimately, transforms her entire world. A heartfelt, moving, and inspiring story for anyone who has ever had to give up something they loved in order to get what they truly wanted.A Happier Hour is a memoir that moves beyond addiction, giving a behind-the-scenes look into what it takes to get (and stay) sober in a culture that celebrates alcohol.
|Start With Gratitude: Daily Gratitude Journal | Positivity Diary for a Happier You in Just 5 Minutes a Day
Lowest new price: $6.56
Lowest used price: $5.98
List price: $7.29
Author: Happy Books Hub
All you need to learn to be grateful and happy.
- Can you transform your life in 5 minutes a day or less?
- Is happiness that easily achievable?
Life can be stressful and filled with problems and anxiety. But it is also filled with beauty, and joy, and fulfillment. If you focus on the latter you will start noticing the stressful events less and begin enjoying and treasuring every day more.
Start With Gratitude journal will help you achieve just that. It will help you start your day happy, filled with gratefulness and appreciation for the positive things (big or small) in your life. It will re-center you and provide balance and positivity to your life.
What you will love about this journal:
- The excellent quotes at the top of each spread.
- The way it is structured – clearly and simply to make it really easy to use.
- The clearly divided morning and evening sections – writing in the morning the things you are thankful for, and in the evening small things for that specific day to celebrate. This makes gratitude and positive thinking more tangible and real.
- The variety and inspiration – every evening section is different, prompting you to notice and appreciate different things every day so you will not get tired of the same pages over and over again.
- The beautiful design
- The thought provoking entries
- Its size (7.5 x 9.25 in) – small enough to carry around and big enough to provide enough space for everything you want to jot down.
- The date entry possibility so you will have flexibility to miss a day and not feel guilty about it.
- It really takes just 5 minutes a day or less.
Practicing gratitude is one of the simplest and most effective things you can do to transform your life. Research shows that people who regularly take time to notice things they are grateful for enjoy better sleep, better relationships, greater resolve towards achieving goals, show more compassion and kindness, and are overall happier.
Start With Gratitude journal will help you cultivate that attitude of gratefulness, making it your habit to focus on the blessings you have in your life and increase your overall well-being and life satisfaction.
Get your copy now, even gift one to a friend (it can be a lovely Thanksgiving Day gift) and start your journey to happiness together.
|The Womanly Art of Breastfeeding: Completely Revised and Updated 8th Edition
Lowest new price: $6.00
Lowest used price: $2.13
List price: $22.00
Author: Diane Wiessinger
Brand: Hachette Book Group
It’s no secret that breastfeeding is the normal, healthy way to nourish and nurture your baby. Dedicated to supporting nursing and expectant mothers, the internationally respected La Leche League has set the standard for educating and empowering mothers in this natural art for generations.
Now their classic bestselling guide has been retooled, refocused, and updated for today’s mothers and lifestyles. Working mothers, stay-at-home moms, single moms, and mothers of multiples will all benefit from the book’s range of nursing advice, stories, and information—from preparing for breastfeeding during pregnancy to feeding cues, from nursing positions to expressing and storing breast milk. With all-new photos and illustrations, this ultimate support bible offers
• real-mom wisdom on breastfeeding comfortably—from avoiding sore nipples to simply enjoying the amazing bonding experience
• new insights into old approaches toward latching and attaching, ages and stages, and answers to the most-asked questions
• strategies for moms who choose to breastfeed for a short time or who plan to nurse for a year or more
• reassuring information on nursing after a C-section or delivery complications
• recent scientific data that highlight the many lifelong health benefits of breastfeeding
• helpful tips for building your support network—at home or when back at work
• nursing special-needs infants, premies, multiples, and how to thrive no matter what curveball life throws
• guidance on breast health issues, weight gain, day care, colic, postpartum depression, food allergies, and medications
Plus—Internet references for further information, including La Leche League support sites and groups.
Mothers bringing babies into a new world want sustainable, healthy, positive ways to help their children blossom and thrive. There is no better beginning for your baby than the womanly art of breastfeeding.
Page 2 of 3974
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED AS IS AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.