|Browse by Catagory:
Civil Rights & Liberties
War & Peace
Cajun & Creole Cooking
Caribbean & West Indian Cooking
Diabetic & Sugar-Free Cooking
Low Fat Cooking
Middle Eastern Cooking
Pacific Rim Cooking
Home & Garden
Literature & Fiction
Sheet Music & Scores
Environmental & Natural Resources Law
Ethics & Professional Responsibility
Procedures & Litigation
Water Supply & Land Use
Lawyer and Crimal Humor
Outdoors & Nature
Hiking & Camping
Hunting & Fishing
Beer & Beer Making
Health & Fitness
Diets & Weight Loss
Children's Science & Nature
Vitamins & Supplements
Psychology and Counseling
Philosophy of Psychology
Physiological Aspects of Psychology
Psychology of Sexuality
Psychology Testing & Measurement
Chaos & Systems
Geometry & Topology
Logic & Brain Teasers
Chaos & Systems
Geometry & Topology
Probability & Statistics
Experiments, Instruments & Measurement
Chaos & Systems
Fusion & Fission
Nuclear Magnetic Resonance
Waves & Wave Mechanics
Administration & Policy
Allied Health Professions
Medical Education & Training
Endocrinology & Metabolism
Physician & Patient
Insects & Spiders
Fish & Aquariums
Mobile & Wireless Computing: Programming
Linux Kernel & Peripherals
Linux Networking & Administration
State & Local History
Sci Fi Calendars
Bujold, Lois McMaster
Card, Orson Scott
Chalker, Jack L.
Heinlein, Robert A.
McKillip, Patricia A.
Nye, Jody Lynn
|Younger Next Year for Women: Live Strong, Fit, and Sexy - Until You're 80 and Beyond
Lowest new price: $3.48
Lowest used price: $1.02
List price: $12.95
Author: Chris Crowley
Brand: Workman Publishing Company
Younger Next Year for Women: Live Strong, Fit, and Sexy - Until You're 80 and Beyond
|The Wisdom of Menopause (Revised Edition): Creating Physical and Emotional Health During the Change
Lowest new price: $11.80
Lowest used price: $3.57
List price: $24.00
Author: Christiane Northrup M.D.
Brand: Northrup, Christiane
Dr. Christiane Northrup’s #1 New York Times bestseller The Wisdom of Menopause has inspired more than a million women with a dramatically new vision of midlife—and will continue to do so for generations to come. As Dr. Northrup has championed, the “change” is not simply a collection of physical symptoms to be “fixed,” but a mind-body revolution that brings the greatest opportunity for growth since adolescence. The choices a woman makes now—from the quality of her relationships to the quality of her diet—have the power to secure vibrant health and well-being for the rest of her life.
Now completely revised, this groundbreaking classic draws on the current research and medical advances in women’s health, and includes
• a new section on sex after 50—and how, if need be, you can rejuvenate your sex life
• updated mammogram guidelines—and how thermography improves breast health
• the latest on the glycemic index, optimal blood sugar levels, and ways to prevent diabetes
• dietary guidelines revealing that hidden sugar—not dietary fat—is the main culprit in heart disease, cancer, and obesity
• all you need to know about perimenopause and why it’s critical to your well-being
• a vital program for ensuring pelvic health during and after menopause
• strategies to combat osteoporosis and strengthen bones for life
With this trusted resource, Dr. Christiane Northrup shows that women can make menopause a time of personal empowerment—emerging wiser, healthier, and stronger in both mind and body than ever before.
- The Wisdom of Menopause Revised Edition Creating Physical and Emotional Health During the Change
- Goddesses Never Age: The Secret Prescription for Radiance, Vitality, and Well-Being
- Women's Bodies, Women's Wisdom (Revised Edition): Creating Physical and Emotional Health and Healing
- Mayo Clinic The Menopause Solution: A doctor's guide to relieving hot flashes, enjoying better sex, sleeping well, controlling your weight, and being happy!
- Making Life Easy: How the Divine Inside Can Heal Your Body and Your Life
- Before the Change: Taking Charge of Your Perimenopause
- Menopause Confidential: A Doctor Reveals the Secrets to Thriving Through Midlife
- New Menopausal Years: Alternative Approaches for Women 30-90 (Wise Woman Herbal)
- Goddesses Never Age: The Secret Prescription for Radiance, Vitality, and Well-Being
- Mother-Daughter Wisdom: Understanding the Crucial Link Between Mothers, Daughters, and Health
- Making Life Easy: A Simple Guide to a Divinely Inspired Life
|Doing Harm: The Truth About How Bad Medicine and Lazy Science Leave Women Dismissed, Misdiagnosed, and Sick
Lowest new price: $17.89
Lowest used price: $14.00
List price: $27.99
Author: Maya Dusenbery
Editor of the award-winning site Feministing.com, Maya Dusenbery brings together scientific and sociological research, interviews with doctors and researchers, and personal stories from women across the country to provide the first comprehensive, accessible look at how sexism in medicine harms women today.
In Doing Harm, Dusenbery explores the deep, systemic problems that underlie women’s experiences of feeling dismissed by the medical system. Women have been discharged from the emergency room mid-heart attack with a prescription for anti-anxiety meds, while others with autoimmune diseases have been labeled “chronic complainers” for years before being properly diagnosed. Women with endometriosis have been told they are just overreacting to “normal” menstrual cramps, while still others have “contested” illnesses like chronic fatigue syndrome and fibromyalgia that, dogged by psychosomatic suspicions, have yet to be fully accepted as “real” diseases by the whole of the profession.
An eye-opening read for patients and health care providers alike, Doing Harm shows how women suffer because the medical community knows relatively less about their diseases and bodies and too often doesn’t trust their reports of their symptoms. The research community has neglected conditions that disproportionately affect women and paid little attention to biological differences between the sexes in everything from drug metabolism to the disease factors—even the symptoms of a heart attack. Meanwhile, a long history of viewing women as especially prone to “hysteria” reverberates to the present day, leaving women battling against a stereotype that they’re hypochondriacs whose ailments are likely to be “all in their heads.”
Offering a clear-eyed explanation of the root causes of this insidious and entrenched bias and laying out its sometimes catastrophic consequences, Doing Harm is a rallying wake-up call that will change the way we look at health care for women.
- Doing Harm The Truth about How Bad Medicine and Lazy Science Leave Women Dismissed Misdiagnosed and Sick
|Where Did I Come From?
Lowest new price: $6.54
Lowest used price: $1.10
List price: $9.95
Author: Peter Mayle
Brand: Lyle Stuart
Describes the reproductive process from intercourse to birth.
- Format: Hardcover
- Publication Date: 9/1/2000
- Pages: 48
- Reading Level: Age 4 and Up
- "What's Happening to Me?" A Guide to Puberty
- It's So Amazing!: A Book about Eggs, Sperm, Birth, Babies, and Families (The Family Library)
- How to Talk to Your Child About Sex: It's Best to Start Early, but It's Never Too Late -- A Step-by-Step Guide for Every Age
- What's the Big Secret?: Talking about Sex with Girls and Boys
- It's Not the Stork!: A Book About Girls, Boys, Babies, Bodies, Families and Friends (The Family Library)
- It's Perfectly Normal: Changing Bodies, Growing Up, Sex, and Sexual Health (The Family Library)
- Amazing You!: Getting Smart About Your Private Parts
- The Bare Naked Book
- What's Happening to My Body? Book for Boys: Revised Edition
- Your Body Belongs to You
|The Sh!t No One Tells You About Pregnancy: A Guide to Surviving Pregnancy, Childbirth, and Beyond
Lowest new price: $6.99
Lowest used price: $10.95
List price: $15.99
Author: Dawn Dais
The fourth book in Dawn Dais's popular Sh!t No One Tells You series offers "been there, freaked out about that" advice for expectant parents
The fourth title in Dawn Dais's popular parenting series, The Sh!t No One Tells You About Pregnancy is quite possibly the funniest, and most heartfelt, yet. After all, pregnancy is not all about scanning Pinterest for baby shower themes and registering for ironic onesies, and sometimes the less flattering aspects of gestation have a way of dimming a bit of that so-called pregnancy glow.
Not to worry! Dawn is here, ready to shepherd you through the experience of one human body taking on the task of growing another human body. (Spoiler alert: It ain't always pretty.)
Dawn covers it all, sharing expert lists, tips, warnings, and even a series of Parent-Training Workouts designed to increase readers' tolerance to the various indignities of parenthood, like peeing with an audience and surviving an afternoon in Chuck E. Cheese.
The Sh!t No One Tells You About Pregnancy is a must-have guide for expectant moms (and their partners!) who are looking for some counsel, comedy, and camaraderie during their ultimate countdown to parenthood.
|Belly Laughs, 10th anniversary edition: The Naked Truth about Pregnancy and Childbirth
Lowest new price: $3.49
Lowest used price: $1.24
List price: $13.99
Author: Jenny McCarthy
Brand: McCarthy Jenny
The New York Times bestseller--never shy, frequently crude and always funny, Jenny McCarthy gives the lowdown on pregnancy in the grittiest girlfriend detail
Revealing the naked truth about the tremendous joys, the excruciating pains, and the inevitable disfigurement that go along with pregnancy, Jenny McCarthy tells you what you can really expect when you're expecting! From morning sickness and hormonal rage, to hemorrhoids, granny panties, pregnant sex, and the torture and sweet relief that is delivery, Belly Laughs is must-read comic relief for anyone who is pregnant, has ever been pregnant, is trying to get pregnant, or, indeed, has ever been born!
- Belly Laughs 10th anniversary edition The Naked Truth about Pregnancy and Childbirth
|A Womans Way Through The Twelve Steps
Lowest new price: $8.55
Lowest used price: $1.53
List price: $15.95
Brand: Stephanie S Covington Ph D
Women's recovery can differ from men's, and each person's recovery is in many ways unique. That's why Stephanie Covington has designed A Women's Way Through the Twelve Steps to help a woman find her own path-and find it in terms especially suited to the way women experience not just addiction and recovery but also relationships, self, sexuality, and everyday life. Unlike many ''rewritten'' Twelve Step interpretations for women, this guide works with the original Step language, preserving its spirit and focusing attention on its healing message.
This compilation of a diverse group of real women's voices and wisdom illuminates how women understand the Twelve Steps of Alcoholics Anonymous and offers inspiring stories of how they have traveled through the Steps and discovered what works for them. The book can be used alone or as a companion to The Twelve Steps and Twelve Traditions of Alcoholics Anonymous.
By drawing attention to how recovery raises special issues for women - from questions about sexuality and relationships to essential topics such as powerlessness, spirituality, and trauma - A Woman's Way empowers women to take ownership of their recovery and to grow and flourish in sobriety.
Also available in Spanish.
- A Woman s Way Through the Twelve Steps
|Ask Me About My Uterus: A Quest to Make Doctors Believe in Women's Pain
Lowest new price: $13.71
Lowest used price: $16.15
List price: $27.00
Author: Abby Norman
For any woman who has experienced illness, chronic pain, or endometriosis comes an inspiring memoir advocating for recognition of women's health issuesIn the fall of 2010, Abby Norman's strong dancer's body dropped forty pounds and gray hairs began to sprout from her temples. She was repeatedly hospitalized in excruciating pain, but the doctors insisted it was a urinary tract infection and sent her home with antibiotics. Unable to get out of bed, much less attend class, Norman dropped out of college and embarked on what would become a years-long journey to discover what was wrong with her. It wasn't until she took matters into her own hands--securing a job in a hospital and educating herself over lunchtime reading in the medical library--that she found an accurate diagnosis of endometriosis.
In Ask Me About My Uterus, Norman describes what it was like to have her pain dismissed, to be told it was all in her head, only to be taken seriously when she was accompanied by a boyfriend who confirmed that her sexual performance was, indeed, compromised. Putting her own trials into a broader historical, sociocultural, and political context, Norman shows that women's bodies have long been the battleground of a never-ending war for power, control, medical knowledge, and truth. It's time to refute the belief that being a woman is a preexisting condition.
|Mayo Clinic Guide to Your Baby's First Year: From Doctors Who Are Parents, Too!
Lowest new price: $5.94
Lowest used price: $1.99
List price: $22.95
Author: the baby experts at Mayo Clinic
Brand: Mayo Clinic
Yikes, you're suddenly parents, home alone with your brand-new baby! Where's your own mother or smart friend—where's your pediatrician—when you desperately need reassurance and advice? Mayo Clinic Guide to Your Baby's First Year is a steady, ever-present source of both information and wisdom. When you're faced with a perplexing development, reach for this complete Guide by the baby experts at the renowned Mayo Clinic—doctors who are also parents. When you wonder what might happen next, check the "Month-by-Month Growth and Development" pages of this trusted companion.
- Mayo Clinic Guide to Your Baby s First Year
|It Starts with the Egg: How the Science of Egg Quality Can Help You Get Pregnant Naturally, Prevent Miscarriage, and Improve Your Odds in IVF
Lowest new price: $11.15
Lowest used price: $13.99
List price: $15.95
Author: Rebecca Fett
Brand: Fett Rebecca
The latest scientific research is changing the way we think about fertility. Poor egg quality is emerging as the single most important cause of age-related infertility, recurrent miscarriage, and failed IVF cycles. It is also a major contributor to infertility in PCOS.
Based on a comprehensive investigation of a vast array of scientific research, It Starts with the Egg reveals a groundbreaking new approach for improving egg quality and fertility.
With a concrete strategy that includes minimizing exposure to toxins such as BPA and phthalates, choosing the right vitamins and supplements to safeguard developing eggs, and harnessing nutritional advice shown to boost IVF success rates, this book offers practical solutions that will help you get pregnant faster and deliver a healthy baby.
"This timely synthesis of scientific literature is essential reading for both women and men wanting practical, evidence-based recommendations to enhance their fertility."
- Dr. Loretta McKinnon, Epidemiologist, Princess Alexandra Hospital.
"Rebecca Fett did a stellar job of researching and summarizing the current understanding of the impact of egg quality on IVF pregnancy chances."
- Dr. Norbert Gleicher, Reproductive Endocrinologist at The Center For Human Reproduction, New York.
- It Starts with the Egg How the Science of Egg Quality Can Help You Get Pregnant Naturally Prevent Miscarriage and Improve Your Odds in IVF
- Making Babies: A Proven 3-Month Program for Maximum Fertility
- The Infertility Cure: The Ancient Chinese Wellness Program for Getting Pregnant and Having Healthy Babies
- Yes, You Can Get Pregnant: Natural Ways to Improve Your Fertility Now and into Your 40s
- Inconceivable, 20th Anniversary Edition: A Woman's Triumph over Despair and Statistics
- Get A Life: His & Hers Survival Guide to IVF
- Jarrow Formulas QH-Absorb, High Absorption/Enhanced Stability, 200 mg, 60 Softgels
- The IVF (In Vitro Fertilization) Journal: The Solution for Managing Practitioners, Tests, Medications, Appointments, Procedures, Finances, and the Emotional Aspects of Your Journey
- The Fertility Diet: Groundbreaking Research Reveals Natural Ways to Boost Ovulation and Improve Your Chances of Getting Pregnant
- Fertility Foods: 100+ Recipes to Nourish Your Body While Trying to Conceive
- The Couple's Guide To In Vitro Fertilization: Everything You Need To Know To Maximize Your Chances Of Success
Page 5 of 3755
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED AS IS AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.