|Browse by Catagory:
Civil Rights & Liberties
War & Peace
Cajun & Creole Cooking
Caribbean & West Indian Cooking
Diabetic & Sugar-Free Cooking
Low Fat Cooking
Middle Eastern Cooking
Pacific Rim Cooking
Home & Garden
Literature & Fiction
Sheet Music & Scores
Environmental & Natural Resources Law
Ethics & Professional Responsibility
Procedures & Litigation
Water Supply & Land Use
Lawyer and Crimal Humor
Outdoors & Nature
Hiking & Camping
Hunting & Fishing
Beer & Beer Making
Health & Fitness
Diets & Weight Loss
Children's Science & Nature
Vitamins & Supplements
Psychology and Counseling
Philosophy of Psychology
Physiological Aspects of Psychology
Psychology of Sexuality
Psychology Testing & Measurement
Chaos & Systems
Geometry & Topology
Logic & Brain Teasers
Chaos & Systems
Geometry & Topology
Probability & Statistics
Experiments, Instruments & Measurement
Chaos & Systems
Fusion & Fission
Nuclear Magnetic Resonance
Waves & Wave Mechanics
Administration & Policy
Allied Health Professions
Medical Education & Training
Endocrinology & Metabolism
Physician & Patient
Insects & Spiders
Fish & Aquariums
Mobile & Wireless Computing: Programming
Linux Kernel & Peripherals
Linux Networking & Administration
State & Local History
Sci Fi Calendars
Bujold, Lois McMaster
Card, Orson Scott
Chalker, Jack L.
Heinlein, Robert A.
McKillip, Patricia A.
Nye, Jody Lynn
|Canon EOS Rebel T6/1300D For Dummies (For Dummies (Computer/tech))
Lowest new price: $15.69
Lowest used price: $14.90
List price: $29.99
Author: Julie Adair King
Brand: For Dummies
Your Canon EOS Rebel T6/1300D photography class—in a book!
The Canon EOS Rebel T6/1300D offers DLSR users a tool to take photographs truly worth bragging about. This book gives you the pointers and easy-to-follow instruction you need to make sense of your new camera and start taking those stunning shots—right out of its box.
First, it demystifies all the photography terms the pros use, explains your Canon camera's menus and settings, and shows how to take control of color, focus, and lighting. Once you have a grasp on those skills, you can apply your newfound knowledge to get better portraits, action shots, close ups, and other images.
If most of your photography experience has taken place behind the lens of a smartphone, fear not! You'll quickly and easily learn all about your Canon's tools for controlling focus and depth of field, getting vivid color, shooting landscapes, transferring your files to your computer, and so much more.
- Get up to speed on your camera's settings and menu options
- Take quick auto mode shots or be creative with manual settings
- Apply your knowledge to get better portraits and action shots
- Find tips for customizing your camera to suit your unique needs
If you love to take photos and want to up your game with a fantastic DSLR camera, Canon Rebel T6/1300D For Dummies is your fast track to getting picture-perfect snaps in a flash!
- BM Premium 2-Pack of LP-E10 Batteries for Canon EOS Rebel T3, T5, T6, T7, Kiss X50, Kiss X70, EOS 1100D, EOS 1200D, EOS 1300D, EOS 2000D Digital Camera
- Canon EOS Rebel T6 T5 1300D 1200D Screen Protector, 3 Packs Kimilar Waterproof [Clear Touch] 9H Tempered Glass Screen Protection for Canon EOS Rebel T6 T5 1300D 1200D DSLR Camera
- Canon EOS Rebel T6 Digital SLR Camera with 18-55mm EF-S f/3.5-5.6 IS II Lens + 58mm Wide Angle Lens + 2x Telephoto Lens + Flash + 48GB SD Memory Card + UV Filter Kit + Tripod + Full Accessory Bundle
- Canon EOS Rebel T6 DSLR Camera with 18-55mm IS II Lens Bundle + Canon EF 75-300mm f/4-5.6 III Lens and 500mm Preset Lens + 32GB Memory + Filters + Monopod + Spider Tripod + Professional Bundle
- Canon EOS Rebel T6 DSLR Camera with EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS II Lens, EF 75-300mm f/4-5.6 III Lens, 64GB, along with Fibertique Cleaning Cloth, and Xpix cleaning Kit and Deluxe Accessory Bundle
- Canon T6 EOS Rebel DSLR Camera with EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS II and EF 75-300mm f/4-5.6 III Lens and SanDisk Memory Cards 16GB 2 Pack Plus Triple Battery Accessory Bundle
- Canon EOS Rebel T6 DSLR Camera Bundle with Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS II Lens + 2pc SanDisk 32GB Memory Cards + Accessory Kit
- Canon EOS Rebel T6 DSLR Camera with 18-55mm, EF 75-300mm Lens, and Deluxe Bundle
- Canon EOS Rebel T6 DSLR Camera Bundle with Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS II Lens + Canon EF 75-300mm f/4-5.6 III Lens + 2pc SanDisk 32GB Memory Cards + Accessory Kit
- Canon EOS Rebel T6 DSLR Camera w/ EF-S 18-55mm Lens + Premium Accessory Bundle
|Broadway: A History of New York City in Thirteen Miles
Lowest new price: $20.75
Lowest used price: $20.11
List price: $35.00
Author: Fran Leadon
An eye-opening history of Manhattan told through its most celebrated street.
In the early seventeenth century, in a backwater Dutch colony, there was a wide, muddy cow path that the settlers called the Brede Wegh. As the street grew longer, houses and taverns began to spring up alongside it. What was once New Amsterdam became New York, and farmlands gradually gave way to department stores, theaters, hotels, and, finally, the perpetual traffic of the twentieth century’s Great White Way. From Bowling Green all the way up to Marble Hill, Broadway takes us on a mile-by-mile journey up America’s most vibrant and complex thoroughfare, through the history at the heart of Manhattan.
Today, Broadway almost feels inevitable, but over the past four hundred years there have been thousands who have tried to draw and erase its path. Following their footsteps, we learn why one side of the street was once considered more fashionable than the other; witness the construction of Trinity Church, the Flatiron Building, and the Ansonia Hotel; the burning of P. T. Barnum’s American Museum; and discover that Columbia University was built on the site of an insane asylum. Along the way we meet Alexander Hamilton, Emma Goldman, Edgar Allan Poe, John James Audubon, "Bill the Butcher" Poole, and the assorted real-estate speculators, impresarios, and politicians who helped turn Broadway into New York’s commercial and cultural spine.
Broadway traces the physical and social transformation of an avenue that has been both the "Path of Progress" and a "street of broken dreams," home to both parades and riots, startling wealth and appalling destitution. Glamorous, complex, and sometimes troubling, the evolution of an oft-flooded dead end to a canyon of steel and glass is the story of American progress.
|Adobe Photoshop CC Classroom in a Book (2018 release)
Lowest new price: $39.96
Lowest used price: $38.56
List price: $59.99
Author: Andrew Faulkner
Creative professionals seeking the fastest, easiest, most comprehensive way to learn Adobe Photoshop choose Adobe Photoshop CC Classroom in a Book (2018 release) from Adobe Press. The 15 project-based lessons show key step-by-step techniques for working in Photoshop, including how to correct, enhance, and distort digital images, create image composites, and prepare images for print and the web.
In addition to learning the essential elements of the Photoshop interface, this revised edition for the 2018 release covers features like search capabilities, Content-Aware Crop, Select and Mask, Face-Aware Liquify, designing with multiple artboards, creating and organizing enhanced brush presets, and much more!
The online companion files include all the necessary assets for readers to complete the projects featured in each chapter as well as ebook updates when Adobe releases relevant new features for Creative Cloud customers. All buyers of the book get full access to the Web Edition: a Web-based version of the complete ebook enhanced with video and multiple-choice quizzes.
|Understanding Exposure, Fourth Edition: How to Shoot Great Photographs with Any Camera
Lowest new price: $15.95
Lowest used price: $12.72
List price: $26.99
Author: Bryan Peterson
Brand: Watson-Guptill Publications
This newly revised edition of Bryan Peterson's most popular book demystifies the complex concepts of exposure in photography, allowing readers to capture the images they want.
Understanding Exposure has taught generations of photographers how to shoot the images they want by demystifying the complex concepts of exposure in photography. In this newly updated edition, veteran photographer Bryan Peterson explains the fundamentals of light, aperture, and shutter speed and how they interact with and influence one another. With an emphasis on finding the right exposure even in tricky situations, Understanding Exposure shows you how to get (or lose) sharpness and contrast in images, freeze action, and take the best meter readings, while also exploring filters, flash, and light.
With all new images, as well as an expanded section on flash, tips for using colored gels, and advice on shooting star trails, this revised edition will clarify exposure for photographers of all levels.
- Watson-Guptill Publications
|The Adobe Photoshop Lightroom Classic CC Book for Digital Photographers (Voices That Matter)
Lowest new price: $33.38
Lowest used price: $32.23
List price: $49.99
Author: Scott Kelby
Since Lightroom first launched 11 years ago, Scott Kelby’s The Adobe Photoshop Lightroom Book for Digital Photographers has been the world’s #1 top-selling Lightroom book (it has been translated into dozens of different languages), and in this latest version for Lightroom Classic CC, Scott did his biggest update ever, sharing all his latest techniques, insights, and invaluable tips using his award-winning, step-by-step, plain-English style that makes learning Lightroom easy and fun.
Scott doesn’t just show you which sliders do what (every Lightroom book does that, right?). Instead, he shares his own personal settings, his time-tested techniques, and his proven step-by-step method of learning Lightroom, so you can begin using it like a pro from the start.
Each year, he trains thousands of Lightroom users at his live seminars and through his blog at LightroomKillerTips.com, and he has learned first-hand what really works and what doesn’t. He tells you flat-out which techniques work best, which ones to avoid, and why. You’ll learn:
- His now famous SLIM (Simplified Lightroom Image Management) system that will teach you, step by step, how to organize your images, back them up, and be able to find them quickly and easily. Scott’s SLIM system is used by photographers all over the world and is taught at colleges and universities, because it’s so simple, straightforward, and it works.
- How to make your images look like the pros and how to take advantage of the new RAW camera, creative, and B&W profiles—you’ll finally “get” the whole image-editing thing, and you’ll know exactly what to do, in what order, and why.
- How to use Lightroom along with Photoshop, and how to make the two work together absolutely seamlessly. You’ll be surprised at what you’ll be able to do, even if you’ve never used Photoshop before.
- There’s a full chapter on how to use Lightroom on your mobile device to expand Lightroom’s power.
- The last chapter really sets this book apart because this is where Scott answers his #1 most-asked Lightroom question, which is “Exactly what order am I supposed to do things in?” You’ll see his entire start-to-finish Lightroom workflow and learn how to incorporate it into your own workflow.
- You can also download most of the same images used in the book to follow right along with.
- And, you’ll get a killer collection of custom Lightroom Develop and Print presets to give you some of the most sought-after looks and effects, all with just one click.
This is the first and only book to bring the whole process together in such a clear, concise, and visual way. There is no faster, more straight-to-the-point, or more fun way to learn Lightroom than with this ground- and record-breaking book.
|Adobe Photoshop Lightroom Classic CC Classroom in a Book (2018 release)
Lowest new price: $35.29
Lowest used price: $35.10
List price: $59.99
Author: John Evans
Adobe Photoshop Lightroom Classic CC Classroom in a Book®
- New ways to assemble collections and more search filters make it easier than ever to organize your growing library and find the photos you need.
- Streamline your editing workflow using intelligent tools trained with thousands of professionally corrected images, and make more selective local adjustments with sophisticated color and tone range masking.
- Work on your photos on any device; then, create stylish books and print layouts, dynamic slideshows, and interactive web galleries to showcase your images–or publish them online with just a click.
The fastest, easiest, most comprehensive way to learn Adobe Photoshop Lightroom Classic CC!
Classroom in a Book®, the best-selling series of hands-on software training workbooks, offers what no other book or training program does–an official training series from Adobe, developed with the support of Adobe product experts.
Adobe Photoshop Lightroom Classic CC Classroom in a Book (2018 release) contains 11 lessons that cover the basics and beyond, providing countless tips and techniques to help you become more productive with the program. You can follow the book from start to finish or choose only those lessons that interest you.
Purchase of this book includes valuable online features. Follow the instructions in the book’s Getting Started section to unlock access to:
• Downloadable lesson files you need to work through the projects in the book
• Web Edition containing the complete text of the book, interactive quizzes, and videos that walk you through the lessons step by step, and updated material covering new feature releases from Adobe
What you need to use this book: Adobe Photoshop Lightroom Classic CC (2018 release) software, for either Windows or macOS. (Software not included.)
Note: Classroom in a Book does not replace the documentation, support, updates, or any other benefits of being a registered owner of Adobe Photoshop Lightroom Classic CC software.
|Learn Calligraphy: The Complete Book of Lettering and Design
Lowest new price: $12.45
Lowest used price: $4.15
List price: $18.99
Author: Margaret Shepherd
Brand: Watson-Guptill Publications
In an age of myriad computer fonts and instant communication, your handwriting style is increasingly a very personal creation. In this book, Margaret Shepherd, America's premier calligrapher, shows you that calligraphy is not simply a craft you can learn, but an elegant art form that you can make your own.
Calligraphy remains perennially popular, often adorning wedding invitations, diplomas, and commercial signs. Whether it is Roman, Gothic, Celtic, Bookhand, or Italic style, calligraphy conveys class and elegance. Margaret Shepherd makes this ancient art form accessible in a completely hand-lettered technical guide that will:
* Provide context for calligraphy as an art, exploring the rich tradition of hand-lettering and mapping the evolution of the most popular styles.
* Give detailed technical advice on choosing pens, paper, and inks, setting up your workspace, mastering various pen angles, along with step-by-step illustrations to guide you as you practice.
* Explain which alphabets are appropriate for different forms of writing. For example, the Roman alphabet works well for short, unpunctuated passages, while the Italic alphabet is more suited to informal everyday communication.
* Encourage you to personalize your lettering by using variant strokes and interpreting how you would like the words to look on the page.
* Inspire you with carefully chosen illustrations and examples, which bring letters to life.
In Margaret Shepherd's own words, "Calligraphy trains not only your eye and hand, but your mind as well." Learn Calligraphy is the authoritative primer for this age-old craft, and will help develop a new appreciation for lettering as you discover your creative personality.
- Watson-Guptill Publications
- Studio Series Calligraphy Paper Pad (set of 50 heavyweight sheets)
- The Calligrapher's Bible: 100 Complete Alphabets and How to Draw Them
- Calligraphy & Hand Lettering Notepad: Beginner Practice Workbook & Introduction to Lettering & Calligraphy (Practice Makes Perfect Series)
- AIVN Natural Handcrafted Calligraphy Pen Set - Writing Case with Black Ink
- Mont Marte Calligraphy Workbook 50 Sheets 1 PACK, 9 x 12 Inches. Acid Free Pages with Ruled Grids.
- STAEDTLER calligraphy pen set, Complete 33 piece tin, ideal for all skill levels, 899 SM5
- Speedball Calligraphy Set
- Lettering and Modern Calligraphy: A Beginner's Guide: Learn Hand Lettering and Brush Lettering
- US Art Supply PCP70-09X12-2PK Premium Calligraphic Practice Paper Pad, Calligraphy Paper With Printed Practice Rule And Slanted Grid, 19 lbs. Bond (70 gsm), Pad Of 50-Sheets, 2 Pads
- Calligraphy Pens Set by Mont Marte, Best Calligraphy Set for Beginners&Kids-33Pieces-2Pack, Includes Calligraphy Pens, Calligraphy Nibs, Ink Cartridges, and Exercise Workbook.
|GUCCI: The Making Of
Lowest new price: $95.00
Lowest used price: $69.95
List price: $100.00
Brand: Rizzoli International Publications
An unprecedented publication showcasing Gucci as never before, including thought-provoking essays, commentaries, and authoritative anecdotes along with previously unpublished contemporary and archival photographs. Published in conjunction with the opening of the new Gucci Museum in Florence, Gucci is the ultimate celebration of the world-renowned fashion house. Told through a loose grouping of words, concepts, shapes, and moods, the book tells its story through new conceptual forms and the free links between images, symbols, and objects. Edited by Gucci Creative Director Frida Giannini, with essays and inserts by contributors including Katie Grand, Peter Arnell, Rula Jebreal, Christopher Breward and Stefano Micelli, Gucci: The Making Of is a dynamic record of a much-coveted brand that will be a must this season for anyone with a love of fashion and an interest in contemporary culture. This comprehensive volume showcases the genius of the fashion house through an exclusive lens with inside looks into the inspirations behind the design.
This gorgeous book designed by Arnell offers an in-depth look into Gucci’s origins, identity, influence, and innovation, including fabrication methods and appropriation of signature materials, past and present, and its influence among high society and Hollywood. The book is a heartfelt and personalized tribute to the heritage and influence of this iconic, multifaceted brand.
In recognition of its ongoing partnership with UNICEF and the release of this luxury edition, Gucci will make a donation of US $250,000 to support UNICEF's Schools for Africa initiative.
- Rizzoli International Publications
|Adobe Photoshop CC Classroom in a Book (2017 release)
Lowest new price: $42.45
Lowest used price: $23.69
List price: $59.99
Author: Andrew Faulkner
Brand: Adobe Press
Creative professionals seeking the fastest, easiest, most comprehensive way to learn Adobe Photoshop choose Adobe Photoshop CC Classroom in a Book (2017 release) from Adobe Press. The 15 project-based lessons in this book show users step-by-step the key techniques for working in Photoshop and how to correct, enhance, and distort digital images, create image composites, and prepare images for print and the web.
In addition to learning the key elements of the Photoshop interface, this completely revised CC (2017 release) edition covers features like new and improved search capabilities, Content-Aware Crop, Select and Mask, Face-Aware Liquify, designing with multiple artboards, and much more!
The online companion files include all the necessary assets for readers to complete the projects featured in each chapter as well as ebook updates when Adobe releases new features for Creative Cloud customers. All buyers of the book get full access to the Web Edition: a Web-based version of the complete ebook enhanced with video and interactive multiple-choice quizzes. As always with the Classroom in a Book, Instructor Notes are available for teachers to download.
|How to Shoot Video That Doesn't Suck: Advice to Make Any Amateur Look Like a Pro
Lowest new price: $7.71
Lowest used price: $4.06
List price: $13.95
Author: Steve Stockman
Newly updated and revised, How to Shoot Video That Doesn’t Suck is a quick and easy guide that will make your video better instantly—whether you read it cover to cover or just skim a few chapters. It’s about the language of video and how to think like a director, regardless of equipment (amateurs think about the camera, pros think about communication). It’s about the rules developed over a century of movie-making—which work just as well when shooting a two-year-old’s birthday party on your phone. Written by Steve Stockman, the director of the award-winning feature Two Weeks, plus TV shows, music videos, and hundreds of commercials, How to Shoot Video That Doesn’t Suck explains in 74 short, pithy, insightful chapters how to tell a story and entertain your audience. In other words, how to shoot video people will want to watch.
Here’s how to think in shots—how to move-point-shoot-stop-repeat, instead of planting yourself in one spot and pressing “Record” for five minutes. Why never to shoot until you see the whites of your subject’s eyes. Why to “zoom” with your feet and not the lens. How to create intrigue on camera. The book covers the basics of video production: framing, lighting, sound (use an external mic), editing, special effects (turn them off!), and gives advice on shooting a variety of specific situations: sporting events, parties and family gatherings, graduations and performances. Plus, how to make instructional and promotional videos, how to make a music video, how to capture stunts, and much more. At the end of every chapter is a suggestion of how to immediately put what you’ve learned into practice, so the next time you’re shooting you’ll have begun to master the skill. Steve’s website (stevestockman.com) provides video examples to illustrate different production ideas, techniques, and situations, and his latest thoughts on all things video.
"Like two years of film school in 248 pages" - Steven Pressfield, author of "The War of Art" and "The Legend of Bagger Vance"
“Stockman skipped past all the technical crap about how to use a camera and cut right to the chase: how do you shoot a video somebody else will WANT to watch? The only thing missing is a time machine so I could reshoot fifteen years of sucky birthday party and school play videos.”
"Stockman has packed a veritable film school between the pages of this highly informative, yet entertaining book. Very highly recommended."
"Great tips from a video expert."
"Whip-smart and funny... teaches readers how to think about film and reveals the why and when behind techniques; there is next to zero tech or tool talk."
"His simple-to-follow guide takes readers step-by-step through the film- and video-making process"
--David A. Goodman, Executive Producer/Head Writer of “Family Guy”
- Workman Publishing Company
Page 1 of 1596
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED AS IS AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.