|Browse by Catagory:
Civil Rights & Liberties
War & Peace
Cajun & Creole Cooking
Caribbean & West Indian Cooking
Diabetic & Sugar-Free Cooking
Low Fat Cooking
Middle Eastern Cooking
Pacific Rim Cooking
Home & Garden
Literature & Fiction
Sheet Music & Scores
Environmental & Natural Resources Law
Ethics & Professional Responsibility
Procedures & Litigation
Water Supply & Land Use
Lawyer and Crimal Humor
Outdoors & Nature
Hiking & Camping
Hunting & Fishing
Beer & Beer Making
Health & Fitness
Diets & Weight Loss
Children's Science & Nature
Vitamins & Supplements
Psychology and Counseling
Philosophy of Psychology
Physiological Aspects of Psychology
Psychology of Sexuality
Psychology Testing & Measurement
Chaos & Systems
Geometry & Topology
Logic & Brain Teasers
Chaos & Systems
Geometry & Topology
Probability & Statistics
Experiments, Instruments & Measurement
Chaos & Systems
Fusion & Fission
Nuclear Magnetic Resonance
Waves & Wave Mechanics
Administration & Policy
Allied Health Professions
Medical Education & Training
Endocrinology & Metabolism
Physician & Patient
Insects & Spiders
Fish & Aquariums
Mobile & Wireless Computing: Programming
Linux Kernel & Peripherals
Linux Networking & Administration
State & Local History
Sci Fi Calendars
Bujold, Lois McMaster
Card, Orson Scott
Chalker, Jack L.
Heinlein, Robert A.
McKillip, Patricia A.
Nye, Jody Lynn
|Born to Ice
Lowest new price: $96.05
Lowest used price: $98.66
List price: $125.00
SeaLegacy co-founder, National Geographic photographer, acclaimed ocean conservationist, and TED Talks favorite, Paul Nicklen traces his extraordinary love affair with the polar regions in his most recent book, Born to Ice. His powerful images of iconic arctic and antarctic wildlife and scenery, coupled with his inspiring photographic storytelling, blends ethereal beauty of the icy landscape with a compelling call to action. The Arctic is in Paul Nicklen's blood. Born and raised on Baffin Island, Nunavut, he grew up in one of the only non-Inuit families in a tiny Inuit settlement amid the ice fields, floes, and frigid seas of Northern Canada. At an age when most children are playing hide-and-seek, he was learning important lessons on survival; how to read the weather, find shelter in a frozen snowscape, or live off the land as his Inuit neighbors had done for centuries. Today, Nicklen is a naturalist and wildlife photographer uniquely qualified to portray the impact of climate change on the Polar Regions and their inhabitants, human and animal alike.
Whether he is diving off the floe edge in the Canadian Arctic or sitting on a piece of glacial ice in Antarctica to scout for leopard seals, Paul Nicklen goes to great lengths and depths to secure his award-winning images of life in the polar regions. This National Geographic-featured photographer and conservationist never shies away from extreme and challenging conditions as he feels urgently compelled to connect a global audience to the species and ecosystems he cares so deeply about.
One of the world's most acclaimed nature photographers, Nicklen focuses on marine wildlife and polar environments. For Nicklen, we must act now to save Earth's delicate ecosystems and the precious diversity of life. Combining some of his most extraordinary photographs with personal experiences -- learning and inspirational--this stunning Paul Nicklen photo compendium is both a remarkable collection of nature photography and a passionate rallying cry to stand up, have a voice, and enact positive change for our planet.
|Adobe Photoshop CC Classroom in a Book (2018 release)
Lowest new price: $47.45
Lowest used price: $40.99
List price: $59.99
Author: Andrew Faulkner
Brand: Adobe Press
Creative professionals seeking the fastest, easiest, most comprehensive way to learn Adobe Photoshop choose Adobe Photoshop CC Classroom in a Book (2018 release) from Adobe Press. The 15 project-based lessons show key step-by-step techniques for working in Photoshop, including how to correct, enhance, and distort digital images, create image composites, and prepare images for print and the web.
In addition to learning the essential elements of the Photoshop interface, this revised edition for the 2018 release covers features like search capabilities, Content-Aware Crop, Select and Mask, Face-Aware Liquify, designing with multiple artboards, creating and organizing enhanced brush presets, and much more!
The online companion files include all the necessary assets for readers to complete the projects featured in each chapter as well as ebook updates when Adobe releases relevant new features for Creative Cloud customers. All buyers of the book get full access to the Web Edition: a Web-based version of the complete ebook enhanced with video and multiple-choice quizzes.
- Creative professionals seeking the fastest, easiest, most comprehensive way to learn Adobe Photoshop choose Adobe Photoshop CC Classroom in a Book (2018 release) from Adobe Press. The 15 project-based lessons show key step-by-step techniques for working in Photoshop, including how to correct, enhance, and distort digital images, create image composites, and prepare images for print and the web.
|Canon EOS Rebel T6/1300D For Dummies (For Dummies (Computer/tech))
Lowest new price: $17.39
Lowest used price: $13.71
List price: $29.99
Author: Julie Adair King
Brand: For Dummies
Your Canon EOS Rebel T6/1300D photography class—in a book!
The Canon EOS Rebel T6/1300D offers DLSR users a tool to take photographs truly worth bragging about. This book gives you the pointers and easy-to-follow instruction you need to make sense of your new camera and start taking those stunning shots—right out of its box.
First, it demystifies all the photography terms the pros use, explains your Canon camera's menus and settings, and shows how to take control of color, focus, and lighting. Once you have a grasp on those skills, you can apply your newfound knowledge to get better portraits, action shots, close ups, and other images.
If most of your photography experience has taken place behind the lens of a smartphone, fear not! You'll quickly and easily learn all about your Canon's tools for controlling focus and depth of field, getting vivid color, shooting landscapes, transferring your files to your computer, and so much more.
- Get up to speed on your camera's settings and menu options
- Take quick auto mode shots or be creative with manual settings
- Apply your knowledge to get better portraits and action shots
- Find tips for customizing your camera to suit your unique needs
If you love to take photos and want to up your game with a fantastic DSLR camera, Canon Rebel T6/1300D For Dummies is your fast track to getting picture-perfect snaps in a flash!
- Compatible Canon EOS Rebel T6 T5 1300D 1200D Screen Protector, 3 Packs Kimilar Waterproof Clear Touch 9H Tempered Glass Screen Protector Compatible Canon EOS Rebel T6 T5 1300D 1200D
- Canon EOS Rebel T6 DSLR Camera with 18-55mm IS II Lens Bundle + Canon EF 75-300mm f/4-5.6 III Lens and 500mm Preset Lens + 32GB Memory + Filters + Monopod + Spider Tripod + Professional Bundle
- Canon EOS Rebel T6 Digital SLR Camera with 18-55mm EF-S f/3.5-5.6 is II Lens + 58mm Wide Angle Lens + 2X Telephoto Lens + Flash + 48GB SD Memory Card + UV Filter Kit + Tripod + Full Accessory Bundle
- Canon EOS Rebel T6 DSLR Camera Bundle with Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS II Lens + Canon EF 75-300mm f/4-5.6 III Lens + 2pc SanDisk 32GB Memory Cards + Accessory Kit
- Canon T6 EOS Rebel DSLR Camera with EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS II and EF 75-300mm f/4-5.6 III Lens and SanDisk Memory Cards 16GB 2 Pack Plus Triple Battery Accessory Bundle
- Canon EOS Rebel T6 Digital SLR Camera + Canon 18-55mm EF-S f/3.5-5.6 IS II Lens & EF 75-300mm f/4-5.6 III Lens + Wide Angle Lens + 58mm 2x Lens + Slave Flash + 64GB Memory Card + Wired Remote + Bundle
- Canon EOS Rebel T6 DSLR Camera Kit, EF-S 18-55mm is II Lens, EF 75-300mm III Lens, RitzGear Wide Angle, Telephoto Lens, 64GB and Accessory Bundle
- Canon EOS Rebel T6 DSLR Camera Bundle with Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS II Lens + 2pc SanDisk 32GB Memory Cards + Accessory Kit
- Canon EOS Rebel T6 DSLR Camera with 18-55mm, EF 75-300mm Lens, and Deluxe Bundle
- Canon EOS Rebel T6 Digital SLR Camera with Canon EF-S 18-55mm Image Stabilization II Lens, Sandisk 32GB SDHC Memory Cards, Accessory Bundle
|Understanding Exposure, Fourth Edition: How to Shoot Great Photographs with Any Camera
Lowest new price: $14.32
Lowest used price: $14.31
List price: $26.99
Author: Bryan Peterson
Brand: Watson-Guptill Publications
This newly revised edition of Bryan Peterson's most popular book demystifies the complex concepts of exposure in photography, allowing readers to capture the images they want.
Understanding Exposure has taught generations of photographers how to shoot the images they want by demystifying the complex concepts of exposure in photography. In this newly updated edition, veteran photographer Bryan Peterson explains the fundamentals of light, aperture, and shutter speed and how they interact with and influence one another. With an emphasis on finding the right exposure even in tricky situations, Understanding Exposure shows you how to get (or lose) sharpness and contrast in images, freeze action, and take the best meter readings, while also exploring filters, flash, and light.
With all new images, as well as an expanded section on flash, tips for using colored gels, and advice on shooting star trails, this revised edition will clarify exposure for photographers of all levels.
- Watson-Guptill Publications
|National Geographic Visual Atlas of the World, 2nd Edition: Fully Revised and Updated
Lowest new price: $69.52
Lowest used price: $70.49
List price: $115.00
Author: National Geographic
Uniting National Geographic's incomparable photography with state-of-the-art cartographic technology, this re-imagined and completely updated visual atlas is a compelling and authoritative resource that will enthrall readers.
Updated for the first time since 2008, National Geographic's visual atlas of the world will delight and inspire history lovers, current event buffs, and cartography fans alike. From spectacular space imagery to UNESCO World Heritage Sites, this stunning book showcases the diverse natural and cultural treasures of the world in glorious color. Featuring more than 200 fascinating maps, 350 new photos, and state-of-the-art cartography and satellite imagery, this is an essential reference for families, travelers, students, librarians, and scholars. Each page, created in collaboration with the world's premier scientists, geographers, and cartographers, is packed with up-to-the-minute information, making this book the most beautiful and authoritative visual atlas available today.
|Learn Calligraphy: The Complete Book of Lettering and Design
Lowest new price: $8.75
Lowest used price: $2.48
List price: $18.99
Author: Margaret Shepherd
Brand: Watson-Guptill Publications
In an age of myriad computer fonts and instant communication, your handwriting style is increasingly a very personal creation. In this book, Margaret Shepherd, America's premier calligrapher, shows you that calligraphy is not simply a craft you can learn, but an elegant art form that you can make your own.
Calligraphy remains perennially popular, often adorning wedding invitations, diplomas, and commercial signs. Whether it is Roman, Gothic, Celtic, Bookhand, or Italic style, calligraphy conveys class and elegance. Margaret Shepherd makes this ancient art form accessible in a completely hand-lettered technical guide that will:
* Provide context for calligraphy as an art, exploring the rich tradition of hand-lettering and mapping the evolution of the most popular styles.
* Give detailed technical advice on choosing pens, paper, and inks, setting up your workspace, mastering various pen angles, along with step-by-step illustrations to guide you as you practice.
* Explain which alphabets are appropriate for different forms of writing. For example, the Roman alphabet works well for short, unpunctuated passages, while the Italic alphabet is more suited to informal everyday communication.
* Encourage you to personalize your lettering by using variant strokes and interpreting how you would like the words to look on the page.
* Inspire you with carefully chosen illustrations and examples, which bring letters to life.
In Margaret Shepherd's own words, "Calligraphy trains not only your eye and hand, but your mind as well." Learn Calligraphy is the authoritative primer for this age-old craft, and will help develop a new appreciation for lettering as you discover your creative personality.
- Watson-Guptill Publications
- Studio Series Calligraphy Paper Pad (set of 50 heavyweight sheets)
- The Calligrapher's Bible: 100 Complete Alphabets and How to Draw Them
- Calligraphy Pens Set by Mont Marte, Best Calligraphy Set for Beginners&Kids-33Pieces-2Pack, Includes Calligraphy Pens, Calligraphy Nibs, Ink Cartridges, and Exercise Workbook.
- GC Quill Antique Feather Writing Quill Pen Gold Pen Stem Calligraphy Pen Set 100% Quality Guarantee
- Mont Marte Calligraphy Workbook 50 Sheets 1 Pack, 9 x 12 Inches. Acid Free Pages with Ruled Grids.
- Mont Marte Calligraphy Set, 33 Piece. Includes Calligraphy Pens, Calligraphy Nibs, Ink Cartridges, Introduction Booklet and Exercise Booklet.
- AIVN Natural Handcrafted Calligraphy Pen Set - Writing Case with Black Ink
- US Art Supply PCP70-09X12-2PK Premium Calligraphic Practice Paper Pad, Calligraphy Paper With Printed Practice Rule And Slanted Grid, 19 lbs. Bond (70 gsm), Pad Of 50-Sheets, 2 Pads
- Calligraphy Workbook for Beginners
- GC QUill Calligraphy Pen Set Writing Case with 5 Bottle Ink
|The Laws Guide to Nature Drawing and Journaling
Lowest new price: $23.58
Lowest used price: $24.83
List price: $35.00
Author: John Muir Laws
The ultimate guide to nature drawing and journaling! A potent combination of art, science, and boundless enthusiasm, the latest art instruction book from John Muir Laws (The Laws Guide to Drawing Birds) is a how-to guide for becoming a better artist and a more attentive naturalist. In straightforward text complemented by step-by-step illustrations, dozens of exercises lead the hand and mind through creating accurate reproductions of plants and animals as well as landscapes, skies, and more. Laws provides clear, practical advice for every step of the process for artists at every level, from the basics of choosing supplies to advanced techniques. While the book’s advice will improve the skills of already accomplished artists, the emphasis on seeing, learning, and feeling will make this book valuable—even revelatory—to anyone interested in the natural world, no matter how rudimentary their artistic abilities.
|GUCCI: The Making Of
Lowest new price: $80.78
Lowest used price: $96.41
List price: $100.00
Brand: Rizzoli International Publications
An unprecedented publication showcasing Gucci as never before, including thought-provoking essays, commentaries, and authoritative anecdotes along with previously unpublished contemporary and archival photographs. Published in conjunction with the opening of the new Gucci Museum in Florence, Gucci is the ultimate celebration of the world-renowned fashion house. Told through a loose grouping of words, concepts, shapes, and moods, the book tells its story through new conceptual forms and the free links between images, symbols, and objects. Edited by Gucci Creative Director Frida Giannini, with essays and inserts by contributors including Katie Grand, Peter Arnell, Rula Jebreal, Christopher Breward and Stefano Micelli, Gucci: The Making Of is a dynamic record of a much-coveted brand that will be a must this season for anyone with a love of fashion and an interest in contemporary culture. This comprehensive volume showcases the genius of the fashion house through an exclusive lens with inside looks into the inspirations behind the design.
This gorgeous book designed by Arnell offers an in-depth look into Gucci’s origins, identity, influence, and innovation, including fabrication methods and appropriation of signature materials, past and present, and its influence among high society and Hollywood. The book is a heartfelt and personalized tribute to the heritage and influence of this iconic, multifaceted brand.
In recognition of its ongoing partnership with UNICEF and the release of this luxury edition, Gucci will make a donation of US $250,000 to support UNICEF's Schools for Africa initiative.
- Rizzoli International Publications
|The Adobe Photoshop Lightroom Classic CC Book for Digital Photographers (Voices That Matter)
Lowest new price: $27.83
Lowest used price: $28.72
List price: $49.99
Author: Scott Kelby
Since Lightroom first launched 11 years ago, Scott Kelby’s The Adobe Photoshop Lightroom Book for Digital Photographers has been the world’s #1 top-selling Lightroom book (it has been translated into dozens of different languages), and in this latest version for Lightroom Classic CC, Scott did his biggest update ever, sharing all his latest techniques, insights, and invaluable tips using his award-winning, step-by-step, plain-English style that makes learning Lightroom easy and fun.
Scott doesn’t just show you which sliders do what (every Lightroom book does that, right?). Instead, he shares his own personal settings, his time-tested techniques, and his proven step-by-step method of learning Lightroom, so you can begin using it like a pro from the start.
Each year, he trains thousands of Lightroom users at his live seminars and through his blog at LightroomKillerTips.com, and he has learned first-hand what really works and what doesn’t. He tells you flat-out which techniques work best, which ones to avoid, and why. You’ll learn:
- His now famous SLIM (Simplified Lightroom Image Management) system that will teach you, step by step, how to organize your images, back them up, and be able to find them quickly and easily. Scott’s SLIM system is used by photographers all over the world and is taught at colleges and universities, because it’s so simple, straightforward, and it works.
- How to make your images look like the pros and how to take advantage of the new RAW camera, creative, and B&W profiles—you’ll finally “get” the whole image-editing thing, and you’ll know exactly what to do, in what order, and why.
- How to use Lightroom along with Photoshop, and how to make the two work together absolutely seamlessly. You’ll be surprised at what you’ll be able to do, even if you’ve never used Photoshop before.
- There’s a full chapter on how to use Lightroom on your mobile device to expand Lightroom’s power.
- The last chapter really sets this book apart because this is where Scott answers his #1 most-asked Lightroom question, which is “Exactly what order am I supposed to do things in?” You’ll see his entire start-to-finish Lightroom workflow and learn how to incorporate it into your own workflow.
- You can also download most of the same images used in the book to follow right along with.
- And, you’ll get a killer collection of custom Lightroom Develop and Print presets to give you some of the most sought-after looks and effects, all with just one click.
This is the first and only book to bring the whole process together in such a clear, concise, and visual way. There is no faster, more straight-to-the-point, or more fun way to learn Lightroom than with this ground- and record-breaking book.
|Carleton Watkins: Making the West American
Lowest new price: $23.11
Lowest used price: $17.13
List price: $34.95
Author: Tyler Green
"[a] fascinating and indispensable book."—Christopher Knight, Los Angeles Times
Carleton Watkins (1829–1916) is widely considered the greatest American photographer of the nineteenth century and arguably the most influential artist of his era. He is best known for his pictures of Yosemite Valley and the nearby Mariposa Grove of giant sequoias.
Watkins made his first trip to Yosemite Valley and Mariposa Grove in 1861 just as the Civil War was beginning. His photographs of Yosemite were exhibited in New York for the first time in 1862, as news of the Union’s disastrous defeat at Fredericksburg was landing in newspapers and while the Matthew Brady Studio’s horrific photographs of Antietam were on view. Watkins’s work tied the West to Northern cultural traditions and played a key role in pledging the once-wavering West to Union.
Motivated by Watkins’s pictures, Congress would pass legislation, later signed by Abraham Lincoln, that preserved Yosemite as the prototypical “national park,” the first such act of landscape preservation in the world. Carleton Watkins: Making the West American includes the first history of the birth of the national park concept since pioneering environmental historian Hans Huth’s landmark 1948 “Yosemite: The Story of an Idea.”
Watkins’s photographs helped shape America’s idea of the West, and helped make the West a full participant in the nation. His pictures of California, Oregon, and Nevada, as well as modern-day Washington, Utah, and Arizona, not only introduced entire landscapes to America but were important to the development of American business, finance, agriculture, government policy, and science. Watkins’s clients, customers, and friends were a veritable “who’s who” of America’s Gilded Age, and his connections with notable figures such as Collis P. Huntington, John and Jessie Benton Frémont, Eadweard Muybridge, Frederick Billings, John Muir, Albert Bierstadt, and Asa Gray reveal how the Gilded Age helped make today’s America.
Drawing on recent scholarship and fresh archival discoveries, Tyler Green reveals how an artist didn’t just reflect his time, but acted as an agent of influence. This telling of Watkins’s story will fascinate anyone interested in American history; the West; and how art and artists impacted the development of American ideas, industry, landscape, conservation, and politics.
Page 1 of 1643
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED AS IS AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.