|Browse by Catagory:
Civil Rights & Liberties
War & Peace
Cajun & Creole Cooking
Caribbean & West Indian Cooking
Diabetic & Sugar-Free Cooking
Low Fat Cooking
Middle Eastern Cooking
Pacific Rim Cooking
Home & Garden
Literature & Fiction
Sheet Music & Scores
Environmental & Natural Resources Law
Ethics & Professional Responsibility
Procedures & Litigation
Water Supply & Land Use
Lawyer and Crimal Humor
Outdoors & Nature
Hiking & Camping
Hunting & Fishing
Beer & Beer Making
Health & Fitness
Diets & Weight Loss
Children's Science & Nature
Vitamins & Supplements
Psychology and Counseling
Philosophy of Psychology
Physiological Aspects of Psychology
Psychology of Sexuality
Psychology Testing & Measurement
Chaos & Systems
Geometry & Topology
Logic & Brain Teasers
Chaos & Systems
Geometry & Topology
Probability & Statistics
Experiments, Instruments & Measurement
Chaos & Systems
Fusion & Fission
Nuclear Magnetic Resonance
Waves & Wave Mechanics
Administration & Policy
Allied Health Professions
Medical Education & Training
Endocrinology & Metabolism
Physician & Patient
Insects & Spiders
Fish & Aquariums
Mobile & Wireless Computing: Programming
Linux Kernel & Peripherals
Linux Networking & Administration
State & Local History
Sci Fi Calendars
Bujold, Lois McMaster
Card, Orson Scott
Chalker, Jack L.
Heinlein, Robert A.
McKillip, Patricia A.
Nye, Jody Lynn
|Adobe Photoshop CC Classroom in a Book (2017 release)
Lowest new price: $46.91
Lowest used price: $41.72
List price: $59.99
Author: Andrew Faulkner
Brand: Faulkner Andrew
Creative professionals seeking the fastest, easiest, most comprehensive way to learn Adobe Photoshop choose Adobe Photoshop CC Classroom in a Book (2017 release) from Adobe Press. The 15 project-based lessons in this book show users step-by-step the key techniques for working in Photoshop and how to correct, enhance, and distort digital images, create image composites, and prepare images for print and the web.
In addition to learning the key elements of the Photoshop interface, this completely revised CC (2017 release) edition covers features like new and improved search capabilities, Content-Aware Crop, Select and Mask, Face-Aware Liquify, designing with multiple artboards, and much more!
The online companion files include all the necessary assets for readers to complete the projects featured in each chapter as well as ebook updates when Adobe releases new features for Creative Cloud customers. All buyers of the book get full access to the Web Edition: a Web-based version of the complete ebook enhanced with video and interactive multiple-choice quizzes. As always with the Classroom in a Book, Instructor Notes are available for teachers to download.
- Adobe Photoshop CC Classroom in a Book 2017 Release
|Canon EOS Rebel T6/1300D For Dummies (For Dummies (Lifestyle))
Lowest new price: $15.97
Lowest used price: $17.63
List price: $29.99
Author: Julie Adair King
Brand: King Julie Adair
Your Canon EOS Rebel T6/1300D photography class—in a book!
The Canon EOS Rebel T6/1300D offers DLSR users a tool to take photographs truly worth bragging about. This book gives you the pointers and easy-to-follow instruction you need to make sense of your new camera and start taking those stunning shots—right out of its box.
First, it demystifies all the photography terms the pros use, explains your Canon camera's menus and settings, and shows how to take control of color, focus, and lighting. Once you have a grasp on those skills, you can apply your newfound knowledge to get better portraits, action shots, close ups, and other images.
If most of your photography experience has taken place behind the lens of a smartphone, fear not! You'll quickly and easily learn all about your Canon's tools for controlling focus and depth of field, getting vivid color, shooting landscapes, transferring your files to your computer, and so much more.
- Get up to speed on your camera's settings and menu options
- Take quick auto mode shots or be creative with manual settings
- Apply your knowledge to get better portraits and action shots
- Find tips for customizing your camera to suit your unique needs
If you love to take photos and want to up your game with a fantastic DSLR camera, Canon Rebel T6/1300D For Dummies is your fast track to getting picture-perfect snaps in a flash!
- Canon EOS Rebel T6 1300d for Dummies
- BM Premium 2-Pack of LP-E10 Batteries for Canon EOS Rebel T3, T5, T6, Kiss X50, Kiss X70, EOS 1100D, EOS 1200D, EOS 1300D Digital Camera
- Canon EOS Rebel T6 Digital SLR Camera with 18-55mm EF-S f/3.5-5.6 IS II Lens + 58mm Wide Angle Lens + 2x Telephoto Lens + Flash + 48GB SD Memory Card + UV Filter Kit + Tripod + Full Accessory Bundle
- Canon EOS Rebel T6 DSLR Camera Bundle with Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS II Lens + Canon EF 75-300mm f/4-5.6 III Lens + 2pc SanDisk 32GB Memory Cards + Accessory Kit
- Canon EOS Rebel T6 DSLR Camera with EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS II Lens, EF 75-300mm f/4-5.6 III Lens, 64GB, along with Fibertique Cleaning Cloth, and Xpix cleaning Kit and Deluxe Accessory Bundle
- Canon EOS Rebel T6 T5 1300D 1200D Screen Protector, 3 Packs Kimilar Waterproof [Clear Touch] 9H Tempered Glass Screen Protection for Canon EOS Rebel T6 T5 1300D 1200D DSLR Camera
- BM Premium 2-Pack of LP-E10 Batteries and Battery Charger Kit for Canon EOS Rebel T3, T5, T6, Kiss X50, Kiss X70, EOS 1100D, EOS 1200D, EOS 1300D Digital Camera
- Canon EOS Rebel T6 DSLR Camera with EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS II Lens, EF 75-300mm f/4-5.6 III Lens, W/ Total of 64 GB, Xpix Table top Tripod, FiberTique Cloth and Deluxe Accessory Bundle
- Canon EOS Rebel T6 DSLR Camera Bundle with Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS II Lens + 2pc SanDisk 32GB Memory Cards + Accessory Kit
- BM Premium Pack of 2 LP-E10 Batteries and USB Dual Battery Charger Kit for Canon EOS Rebel T3, T5, T6, Kiss X50, Kiss X70, EOS 1100D, EOS 1200D, EOS 1300D Digital Camera
- Canon EOS Rebel T6 DSLR Camera w/ 18-55mm & EF 75-300mm Lenses & Zoom TTL Flash Gun & 48GB Supreme Bundle
|The Adobe Photoshop Lightroom CC Book for Digital Photographers (Voices That Matter)
Lowest new price: $33.09
Lowest used price: $27.45
List price: $49.99
Author: Scott Kelby
Brand: Pearson Education
Since Lightroom 1.0 first launched, Scott’s Kelby’s The Adobe Photoshop Lightroom Book for Digital Photographers has been the world’s #1 bestselling Lightroom book (it has been translated into a dozen different languages), and in this latest version for Lightroom 6, Scott uses his same award-winning, step-by-step, plain-English style and layout to make learning Lightroom easy and fun.
Scott doesn’t just show you which sliders do what (every Lightroom book will do that). Instead, by using the following three simple, yet brilliant, techniques that make it just an incredible learning tool, this book shows you how to create your own photography workflow using Lightroom:
• Throughout the book, Scott shares his own personal settings and studio-tested techniques. Each year he trains thousands of Lightroom users at his live seminars and through that he’s learned what really works, what doesn’t, and he tells you flat out which techniques work best, which to avoid, and why.
• The entire book is laid out in a real workflow order with everything step by step, so you can begin using Lightroom like a pro from the start.
• What really sets this book apart is the last chapter. This is where Scott dramatically answers his #1 most-asked Lightroom question, which is: “Exactly what order am I supposed to do things in, and where does Photoshop fit in?” You’ll see Scott’s entire start-to-finish Lightroom 6 workflow and learn how to incorporate it into your own workflow.
• Plus, this book includes a downloadable collection of some of the hottest Lightroom Develop module presets to give you a bunch of amazing effects with just one click!
Scott knows firsthand the challenges today’s digital photographers are facing, and what they want to learn next to make their workflow faster, easier, and more fun. He has incorporated all of that into this major update for Lightroom 6.
It’s the first and only book to bring the whole process together in such a clear, concise, and visual way. Plus, the book includes a special chapter on integrating Adobe Photoshop seamlessly right into your workflow, and you’ll learn some of Scott’s latest Photoshop portrait retouching techniques and special effects, which take this book to a whole new level. There is no faster, more straight to the point, or more fun way to learn Lightroom than with this groundbreaking book.
|Laws Guide to Nature Drawing and Journaling, The
Lowest new price: $23.69
Lowest used price: $19.02
List price: $35.00
Author: John Muir Laws
The ultimate guide to nature drawing and journaling
Gold Medal, 2016 Foreword INDIES Book Award. A potent combination of art, science, and boundless enthusiasm, the latest art instruction book from John Muir Laws is a how-to guide for becoming a better artist and a more attentive naturalist. In straightforward text complemented by step-by-step illustrations, dozens of exercises lead the hand and mind through creating accurate reproductions of plants and animals as well as landscapes, skies, and more. Laws provides clear, practical advice for every step of the process for artists at every level, from the basics of choosing supplies to advanced techniques. While the book's advice will improve the skills of already accomplished artists, the emphasis on seeing, learning, and feeling will make this book valuable even revelatory to anyone interested in the natural world, no matter how rudimentary their artistic abilities.
Also available: The Laws Sketchbook for Nature Journaling, a blank journal constructed to withstand excursions in the field and containing several exercises from The Laws Guide to Nature Drawing and Journaling.
- The Laws Guide to Nature Drawing and Journaling
|Adobe Lightroom CC and Photoshop CC for Photographers Classroom in a Book
Lowest new price: $34.81
Lowest used price: $26.12
List price: $59.99
Author: Lesa Snider
Brand: Lesa Snider Jan Kabili
The fastest, easiest, most comprehensive way to learn Adobe Lightroom in conjunction with Adobe Photoshop.
Classroom in a Book®, the best-selling series of hands-on software training workbooks, offers what no other book or training program does–an official training series from Adobe Systems Incorporated, developed with the support
of Adobe product experts.
Adobe Lightroom CC and Photoshop CC for Photographers Classroom in a Book contains 9 lessons that cover the basics and beyond, providing countless tips and techniques to help you become more productive with the programs. You can follow the book from start to finish or choose only those lessons that interest you.
Purchasing this book includes valuable online extras. Follow the instructions in the book’s “Getting Started” section to unlock access to:
- Downloadable lesson files you need to work through the projects in the book
- Web Edition containing the complete text of the book, interactive quizzes, videos that walk you through the lessons step by step, and updated material covering new feature releases from Adobe
Using Lightroom CC and Photoshop CC together can dramatically speed your workflow and decrease editing time. This book teaches you exactly when to use each program and how to pass images back and forth between them at the highest possible quality. You'll learn how to import, organize, correct and add creative color effects in Lightroom using global and local editing tools, as well as how to merge multiple exposures and stitch panoramas. In Photoshop, you'll learn practical techniques for combining photos, pro-level retouching, creating precise selections, masking, turning a photo into a painting and pencil sketch, and adding creative blur effects. Back in Lightroom, you'll learn how to show off your masterpieces by exporting them en masse, sharing via social media, creating fine art-style signed print layouts, slideshows, photo book, and web gallery projects.
- Adobe Lightroom CC and Photoshop CC for Photographers Classroom in a Book
|Cinematography: Theory and Practice: Image Making for Cinematographers and Directors (Volume 3)
Lowest new price: $40.60
Lowest used price: $43.12
List price: $59.95
Author: Blain Brown
The world of cinematography has changed more in the last few years than it has since it has in 1929, when sound recording was introduced. New technology, new tools and new methods have revolutionized the art and craft of telling stories visually. While some aspects of visual language, lighting and color are eternal, shooting methods, workflow and cameras have changed radically. Even experienced film artists have a need to update and review new methods and equipment. These change affect not only the director of photography but also the director, the camera assistants, gaffers, and digital imaging technicians.
Cinematography: Theory and Practice covers both the artistry and craftsmanship of cinematography and visual storytelling. Few art forms are as tied to their tools and technology as is cinematography. Take your mastery of these new tools, techniques, and roles to the next level with this cutting-edge roadmap from author and filmmaker Blain Brown.
Whether you are a student of filmmaking, just breaking into the business, currently working in the industry and looking to move up to the next level, or an experienced professional who wants to update their knowledge of tools and techniques, this book provides both a basic introduction to these issues as well as more advanced and in-depth coverage of the subject.
The companion website features additional material, including lighting demonstrations, basic methods of lighting, using diffusion and other topics.
- Visual language
- Visual storytelling
- Continuity and coverage
- Cameras and digital sensors
- Exposure techniques for film and video
- Color in-depth
- Understanding digital images
- Waveform monitors, vectorscopes, and test charts
- Using linear, gamma, and log encoded video
- Image control and grading on the set
- The tools and basics of film lighting
- ASC-CDL, ACES and other new methods
- Optics and focus
- Camera movement
- Set operations
- Green screen, high speed and other topics
|The Photoshop Elements 15 Book for Digital Photographers (Voices That Matter)
Lowest new price: $25.99
Lowest used price: $26.39
List price: $49.99
Author: Scott Kelby
Brand: Scott Kelby
ARE YOU READY FOR AN ELEMENTS BOOK THAT BREAKS ALL THE RULES?
This book breaks new ground by doing something for digital photographers that’s never been done before–it cuts through the bull and shows you exactly “how to do it.” It’s not a bunch of theory; it doesn’t challenge you to come up with your own settings or figure things out on your own. Instead, it does something that virtually no other Elements book has ever done–it tells you flat-out which settings to use, when to use them, and why.
If you’re looking for one of those “tell-me-everything-about-the-Unsharp-Mask-filter” books, this isn’t it. You can grab any other Elements book on the shelf, because they all do that. Instead, this book gives you the inside tips and tricks of the trade for organizing, correcting, editing, sharp¿ening, retouching, and printing your photos like a pro. You’ll be absolutely amazed at how easy and effective these techniques are–once you know the secrets.
LEARN HOW THE PROS DO IT
Each year Scott trains thousands of digital photographers and, almost without exception, they have the same questions and face the same problems–that’s exactly what he covers in this book. You’ll learn:
· How to unlock the power of layers (you’ll be amazed at how easy it is!)
· How to use Camera Raw for processing not only RAW photos, but JPEGs, TIFFs, and PSDs too! (And you’ll learn why so many pros like it best–because it’s faster and easier)
· The sharpening techniques the pros really use (there’s an entire chapter just on this!)
· How to deal with common digital camera image problems, including brightening people in dark shadows and getting the best color possible
· The most requested photographic special effects, and much more!
THE BOOK’S SECRET WEAPON
Although Elements 15 offers some digital photography features that Photoshop CC doesn’t offer, there are plenty of features that Photoshop CC has that Elements 15 doesn’t (like channels, HDR, etc.). But in this book, you’ll learn some slick work¿arounds, cheats, and fairly ingenious ways to replicate many of those Photo¿shop features right within Elements. Plus, you can download a bonus chapter on portrait retouching and all the images used in the book, from the book’s companion webpage.
Since this book is designed for photographers, it doesn’t waste your time talking about what a pixel is, how to frame a shot or set your exposure, etc., and there’s no talk about which camera or printer to buy. It’s all Elements, step by step, cover to cover, in the only book of its kind, and you’re gonna love it!
- The Photoshop Elements 15 Book for Digital Photographers Voices That Matter
|Pencil Me In: The Business Drawing Book for People Who Can't Draw
Lowest new price: $18.97
List price: $24.99
Author: Christina R Wodtke
Want to get better in business? Learn how to draw. There’s no faster, cheaper prototype in the world than a sketch on a sheet of paper. What’s unclear in words is suddenly crystal clear in a sketch, and you—and your team—can tackle problems in entirely new ways. Play around with ideas. Document your process. Think on paper. Visual thinking brings a whole new power to work. Think you can’t draw? Don’t worry! The simplest sketches are the most effective at communication and problem solving, so you can begin drawing in less time than your average coffee break. Pictures and visual communication harken back to the stone age for good reason--they’re natural, they’re quick, and they work. And they’ll work for you. If you’re looking for the next tool to help you solve your hardest (and most interesting) challenges at work, try a paper and pencil. This book teaches you how to use them well--and have a bit of fun along the way. With contributions from Amelie Sarrazin, Aleksandra Micek, Taylor Reese, Dan Brown, Daniel Cook, Kate Rutter, Eva-Lotta Lamm, Matthew Magain, Sunni Brown, Cristina Negrut, Daryl Meier Fahrni, Marc Bourguignon, Laura Klein, David Gray, Melissa Kim, Mike Rohde, Brian Gulassa, Andrew Reid, Rolf Faste, Raph Koster, Stone Librande, Robin Hunicke, Alicia Loring, Erin Malone, Stephen P. Anderson, Giorgia Lupi, Alex Osterwalder, Noelle Stransky, James Young, and Dan Roam.
|Making Color Sing, 25th Anniversary Edition: Practical Lessons in Color and Design
Lowest new price: $8.13
Lowest used price: $13.68
List price: $21.99
Author: Jeanne Dobie
In the 25th anniversary edition of Making Color Sing, Jeanne Dobie teaches you new ways to think about color and make it work for you, through 31 clear, easy-to-follow exercises. No color exists in isolation; colors are always interacting with one another. As this nationally recognized author explains, understanding color relationships is the key to successful painting.
Do you know how to use the push and pull of warm and cool colors to create a feeling of space? Can you generate exciting vibrations through the interplay of complements? Have you ever considered disguising one color in a scene to accent another color? All these possibilities—and more—are discussed and clarified with illustrations.
The lessons on color lead into another essential painting consideration: composition and design. Painting is much more than copying what you see. It involves finding a structure that allows you to organize and thus communicate your impressions and reactions. Dobie encourages artists to experiment with different arrangements of shapes and values to build a dynamic foundation in their paintings. This manual stimulates new ways to think about colour, generating responses that unlock personal creativity and allow artists to express themselves with paint.
- Making Color Sing Practical Lessons in Color and Design
|The Adobe Photoshop CC Book for Digital Photographers (2017 release) (Voices That Matter)
Lowest new price: $31.51
Lowest used price: $30.53
List price: $54.99
Author: Scott Kelby
Brand: Pearson Education
AN AMAZING NEW VERSION OF THE PHOTOSHOP BOOK THAT BREAKS ALL THE RULES!
Scott Kelby, Editor and Publisher of Photoshop User magazine–and the best-selling photography techniques author in the world today–once again takes this book to a whole new level as he uncovers more of the latest, most important, and most useful Adobe Photoshop techniques for photographers.
This update to his award-winning, record-breaking book does something for digital photographers that’s never been done before–it cuts through the bull and shows you exactly “how to do it.” It’s not a bunch of theory; it doesn’t challenge you to come up with your own settings or figure it out on your own. Instead, Scott shows you step by step the exact techniques used by today’s cutting-edge digital photographers, and best of all, he shows you flat-out exactly which settings to use, when to use them, and why.
LEARN HOW THE PROS DO IT
The photographer’s workflow in Photoshop has evolved greatly over time, and in this current version of book you’ll wind up doing a lot of your processing and editing in Photoshop’s Adobe Camera Raw feature (whether you shoot in RAW, JPEG or TIFF–it works for all three). That’s because for years now, Adobe has been adding most of Photoshop’s new features for photography directly into Camera Raw itself. Since today’s photography workflow in Photoshop is based around Camera Raw, about one third of this book is about mastering Camera Raw like a pro. Plus, you’ll learn:
• The sharpening techniques the pros really use.
• The pros’ tricks for fixing the most common digital photo problems fast!
• The most useful retouching techniques for photographers, and how to make “impossible” selections like wind-blown hair (it’s easy, once you know the secrets), and how to use Layers like a pro.
• How to seamlessly remove distracting junk from your images.
• How to stitch panoramas, how to process HDR for a realistic look, and tricks for pulling way more out of your images than you ever dreamed possible.
• The latest Photoshop special effects for photographers (there’s a whole chapter just on these!).
• A host of shortcuts, workarounds, and slick “insider” tricks to send your productivity through the roof!
Scott includes a special chapter with his own workflow, from start to finish, plus, each chapter ends with a Photoshop Killer Tips section, packed with time-saving, job-saving tips that make all the difference. He also provides four bonus chapters, along with the images used in the book for download so you can follow right along. If you’re ready to learn all the “tricks of the trade”–the same ones that today’s leading pros use to correct, edit, retouch, and sharpen their work–then you’re holding the book that will do just that.
- The Adobe Photoshop CC Book for Digital Photographers 2017 Release Voices That Matter
Page 1 of 1295
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED AS IS AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.