|Browse by Catagory:
Civil Rights & Liberties
War & Peace
Cajun & Creole Cooking
Caribbean & West Indian Cooking
Diabetic & Sugar-Free Cooking
Low Fat Cooking
Middle Eastern Cooking
Pacific Rim Cooking
Home & Garden
Literature & Fiction
Sheet Music & Scores
Environmental & Natural Resources Law
Ethics & Professional Responsibility
Procedures & Litigation
Water Supply & Land Use
Lawyer and Crimal Humor
Outdoors & Nature
Hiking & Camping
Hunting & Fishing
Beer & Beer Making
Health & Fitness
Diets & Weight Loss
Children's Science & Nature
Vitamins & Supplements
Psychology and Counseling
Philosophy of Psychology
Physiological Aspects of Psychology
Psychology of Sexuality
Psychology Testing & Measurement
Chaos & Systems
Geometry & Topology
Logic & Brain Teasers
Chaos & Systems
Geometry & Topology
Probability & Statistics
Experiments, Instruments & Measurement
Chaos & Systems
Fusion & Fission
Nuclear Magnetic Resonance
Waves & Wave Mechanics
Administration & Policy
Allied Health Professions
Medical Education & Training
Endocrinology & Metabolism
Physician & Patient
Insects & Spiders
Fish & Aquariums
Mobile & Wireless Computing: Programming
Linux Kernel & Peripherals
Linux Networking & Administration
State & Local History
Sci Fi Calendars
Bujold, Lois McMaster
Card, Orson Scott
Chalker, Jack L.
Heinlein, Robert A.
McKillip, Patricia A.
Nye, Jody Lynn
|Cinematography: Theory and Practice: Image Making for Cinematographers and Directors (Volume 3)
Lowest new price: $38.55
Lowest used price: $38.02
List price: $59.95
Author: Blain Brown
Brand: Blain Brown
The world of cinematography has changed more in the last few years than it has since it has in 1929, when sound recording was introduced. New technology, new tools and new methods have revolutionized the art and craft of telling stories visually. While some aspects of visual language, lighting and color are eternal, shooting methods, workflow and cameras have changed radically. Even experienced film artists have a need to update and review new methods and equipment. These change affect not only the director of photography but also the director, the camera assistants, gaffers, and digital imaging technicians.
Cinematography: Theory and Practice covers both the artistry and craftsmanship of cinematography and visual storytelling. Few art forms are as tied to their tools and technology as is cinematography. Take your mastery of these new tools, techniques, and roles to the next level with this cutting-edge roadmap from author and filmmaker Blain Brown.
Whether you are a student of filmmaking, just breaking into the business, currently working in the industry and looking to move up to the next level, or an experienced professional who wants to update their knowledge of tools and techniques, this book provides both a basic introduction to these issues as well as more advanced and in-depth coverage of the subject.
The companion website features additional material, including lighting demonstrations, basic methods of lighting, using diffusion and other topics.
- Visual language
- Visual storytelling
- Continuity and coverage
- Cameras and digital sensors
- Exposure techniques for film and video
- Color in-depth
- Understanding digital images
- Waveform monitors, vectorscopes, and test charts
- Using linear, gamma, and log encoded video
- Image control and grading on the set
- The tools and basics of film lighting
- ASC-CDL, ACES and other new methods
- Optics and focus
- Camera movement
- Set operations
- Green screen, high speed and other topics
- Cinematography Theory and Practice Image Making for Cinematographers and Directors
|Learning to See Creatively, Third Edition: Design, Color, and Composition in Photography
Lowest new price: $12.95
Lowest used price: $10.95
List price: $25.99
Author: Bryan Peterson
Brand: Bryan F Peterson
Completely revised and updated throughout, Bryan Peterson's classic guide to creativity helps photographers visualize their work, and the world, in a whole new light by developing their photographic vision.
Fully revised with all new photography, this best-selling guide takes a radical approach to creativity by explaining that it is not an inherent ability but a skill that can be learned and applied. Using inventive photos from his own stunning portfolio, author and veteran photographer Bryan Peterson deconstructs creativity for photographers. He details the basic techniques that go into not only taking a particular photo, but also provides insights on how to improve upon it--helping readers avoid the visual pitfalls and technical dead ends that can lead to dull, uninventive photographs.
This revised edition features a complete section on color as a design element and all new photographs to illustrate Peterson's points. Learning to See Creatively is the definitive reference for any photographer looking for a fresh perspective on their work.
- Learning to See Creatively Third Edition Design Color and Composition in Photography
|Charles Bargue: Drawing Course
Lowest new price: $70.50
Lowest used price: $73.09
List price: $85.00
Author: Gerald Ackerman
Brand: Ackerman Gerald
The Bargue-Gérôme Drawing Course is a complete reprint of a famous, late nineteenth century drawing course.
- Charles Bargue Drawing Course
|How Do I Do That In Lightroom?: The Quickest Ways to Do the Things You Want to Do, Right Now!
Lowest new price: $10.26
Lowest used price: $13.52
List price: $29.95
Author: Scott Kelby
Brand: Kelby Scott
Lightroom has become the photographer’s tool because it just has so much power and so much depth, but because it has so much power and depth, sometimes the things you need are…well…kinda hidden or not really obvious. There will be a lot of times when you need to get something done in Lightroom, but you have no idea where Adobe hid that feature, or what the “secret handshake” is to do that thing you need now so you can get back to working on your images. That’s why this book was created: to get you to the technique, the shortcut, or exactly the right setting, right now.
Here’s how it works: When you need to know how to do a particular thing, you turn to the chapter where it would be found (Print, Slideshow, Organizing, Importing, etc.), find the thing you need to do (it’s easy-each page covers just one single topic), and Scott tells you exactly how to do it just like he was sitting there beside you, using the same casual style as if he were telling a friend. That way, you get back to editing your images fast.
This isn’t a book of theory, full of confusing jargon and detailed multi-step concepts. This is a book on which button to click, which setting to use, and exactly how and when to use it, so you’re never “stuck” in Lightroom again. This will be your “go to” book that sits within reach any time you’re working in Lightroom, and you are going to love having this type of help right at your fingertips.
- Find the thing you need to do (it's easy-each page covers just one single topic), and Scott tells you exactly how to do it just like he was sitting there beside you, using the same casual style as if he were telling a friend.
- This isn't a book of theory, full of confusing jargon and detailed multi-step concepts.
- This is a book on which button to click, which setting to use, and exactly how and when to use it, so you're never "stuck" in Lightroom again.
- This will be your "go to" book that sits within reach any time you're working in Lightroom, and you are going to love having this type of help right at your fingertips.
|Canon EOS 80D For Dummies
Lowest new price: $18.05
Lowest used price: $18.65
List price: $29.99
Author: Julie Adair King
Brand: Robert Correll Julie Adair King
Take professional-quality photos with your Canon EOS 80D
Your Canon EOS 80D gives you pro-level photo power. All you need is some know-how about your camera's capabilities and a little experience to start capturing brag-worthy photos—and the expert tips and tricks inside get you there in a flash. Essentially a photography class in a book, Canon EOS 80D For Dummies offers plain-English explanations of your camera's settings, how to shoot in auto mode, ways to get creative with exposure settings, ideas for getting artistic, and so much more.
Complemented with inspiring full-color examples and simple photo 'recipes' for getting better portraits and close-up images, this hands-on guide covers the gamut of how to use your Canon EOS 80D like the pros. In no time, you'll get up to speed on making sense of your camera's menus and functions, capturing first shots in auto mode, adjusting exposure settings, taking control of focus and color, shooting action shots, sharing your photos, and everything else in between.
- Gain photography skills while learning your camera's controls
- Build the confidence to apply pro techniques when you shoot
- Follow simple steps for better portraits and action shots
- Customize your Canon EOS 80D
Written with hobbyists and inexperienced photographers in mind, this no-nonsense guide shows you how to capture must-have images you'll be proud to add to your personal or professional portfolio.
- Canon EOS 80d for Dummies
|Canon EOS Rebel T7i/800D For Dummies (For Dummies (Computer/Tech))
Lowest new price: $18.80
Lowest used price: $17.43
List price: $29.99
Author: Julie Adair King
Brand: For Dummies
Action, beauty, adventure, and art—start capturing memories today!
Canon EOS Rebel T7i/800D For Dummies is your ultimate guide to taking spectacular photos—no photography experience required! The EOS Rebel offers professional features that camera phones just cannot match, and this book shows you how to take advantage of these features to take stunning photos in any situation. First, you'll take a tour of the controls to learn what everything does, where to find it, and how to use it. Next, you'll walk through the automatic, scene, and manual modes to learn the strengths and weaknesses of each, and how to choose a mode based on your goals for that particular photo. You'll learn how to capture action shots, take beautiful portraits, and get as artsy as you want to get as you adjust for color, lighting, and focus, and control exposure for different effects.
Taking great photos doesn't have to be difficult! Your camera offers everything you need to perfectly capture any scene, and this book provides clear, easy-to-follow instruction to help you take full advantage of these professional tools.
- Get acquainted with your camera's controls
- Shoot in automatic, scene, or manual mode
- Compose shots and work with lighting like a pro
- Adjust for focus, color, depth of field, and more
Whether you're taking pictures at a party, shooting scenery on vacation, catching action at a ball game, or just wandering around capturing spontaneous moments of beauty, awesome photos are just a few simple steps away. Your Canon EOS Rebel T7i/800D is equipped with the tools to make any scene share-worthy, and Canon EOS Rebel T7i/800D For Dummies equips you to start snapping professional-quality photos today!
- Canon EOS Rebel T7i Digital SLR Camera + EF-S 18-55mm IS STM Lens + EF-S 55-250mm IS STM Lens + Wide Angle Lens & 2x Telephoto Lens + 64GB Memory Card + Quality Tripod - Complete Accessory Bundle
- Canon Battery Pack LP-E17
- Canon EOS Rebel T7i 24.2 MP DSLR Camera with Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/4-5.6 IS STM Lens + Tamron 70-300mm f/4-5.6 Di LD Lens + 2 Memory Cards + 2 Aux Lenses + 50" Tripod + Accessories Bundle (24 Items)
- Canon EOS REBEL T7i EF-S 18-55 IS STM Kit, EF 55-250mm II, 64GB Memory Card, Wide Angle, Telephone Lens, 48" Tripod and Accessory Bundle
- Canon EOS Rebel T7i Camera, EF-S 18-55 IS STM Lens Kit, Sandisk 64GB, Ritz Gear Premium SLR Camera Bag, Filter Kit, Flash and Accessory Bundle
- BM Premium 2-Pack of LP-E17 Batteries and Battery Charger for Canon EOS M3, EOS M5, EOS M6, EOS Rebel T6i, T6s, T7i, EOS 77D, EOS 750D, EOS 760D, EOS 8000D, KISS X8i Digital SLR Camera
- Canon EOS Rebel T7i DSLR Camera (1894C002) + 18-55mm IS STM & 75-300mm III Lens Kit + Accessory Bundle 64GB SDXC Memory + DSLR Photo Bag + Wide Angle Lens + 2x Telephoto Lens +Flash+Remote+Tripod
- Canon EOS T7i DSLR Camera with 18-55mm IS STM Lens + 2 x 32GB Card + Accessory Kit
- Canon EOS REBEL T7i EF-S 18-55 IS STM Kit, EF 75-300mm III, Lexar 64GB, Polaroid Wide Angle, Telephone Lens, Polaroid 57" Tripod and Accessory Bundle
- David Busch's Canon EOS Rebel T7i/800D Guide to Digital SLR Photography
|The Adobe Photoshop Lightroom Classic CC Book: Plus an introduction to the new Adobe Photoshop Lightroom CC across desktop, web, and mobile
Lowest new price: $37.25
Lowest used price: $25.93
List price: $59.99
Author: Martin Evening
Adobe Photoshop Lightroom Classic CC is one of the most powerful tools a digital photographer has in their toolset, offering powerful editing features in a streamlined interface that lets photographers import, sort, and organize images. In this completely updated bestseller, author Martin Evening describes Lightroom Classic CC features in detail, covering library organization, develop image processing, output modules, and the latest Lightroom CC/mobile features. As an established commercial and landscape photographer, Martin knows firsthand what photographers need for an efficient workflow. He has been working with Lightroom from the beginning, and as a result, knows the software inside and out. In this book, he’ll teach you how to:
· Work efficiently with images shot in raw or JPEG formats
· Import photographs with ease and sort them according to your workflow
· Create and manage a personal image and video library
· Integrate Lightroom with Adobe Photoshop
· Prepare images for print, slideshows, or to create a book
· Make the most of new features, such as the ability to migrate and sync photos via the cloud
Photographers will find Lightroom Classic CC–and The Adobe Photoshop Lightroom Classic CC Book–indispensable tools in their digital darkrooms.
“With Martin’s expert guidance, you’ll soon find that you have precisely the tools you need to turn your concentration back where it belongs—on making better pictures!”
—George Jardine, digital photography consultant
“As a photographer himself, Martin Evening knows what tools photographers need to realize their creative vision. In this book, he shows not only how Adobe Photoshop Lightroom works but also why it will become an essential part of any photographer’s workflow.”
—Greg Gorman, photographer
|Adobe Photoshop CC for Photographers 2018
Lowest new price: $49.91
Lowest used price: $49.91
List price: $64.95
Author: Martin Evening
Adobe Photoshop CC for Photographers by acclaimed digital imaging professional Martin Evening has been revamped to include detailed instruction for all of the updates to Photoshop CC on Adobe’s Creative Cloud, including significant new features, such as the painting tool and Pen path tool refinements and Range Masking in Camera Raw. This guide covers all the tools and techniques photographers and professional image editors need to know when using Photoshop, from workflow guidance to core skills to advanced techniques for professional results. Using clear, succinct instruction and real world examples, this guide is the essential reference for Photoshop users. The accompanying website has been updated with new sample images, tutorial videos, and bonus chapters.
|The Adobe Photoshop CC Book for Digital Photographers (2017 release) (Voices That Matter)
Lowest new price: $28.64
Lowest used price: $22.98
List price: $54.99
Author: Scott Kelby
AN AMAZING NEW VERSION OF THE PHOTOSHOP BOOK THAT BREAKS ALL THE RULES!
Scott Kelby, Editor and Publisher of Photoshop User magazine–and the best-selling photography techniques author in the world today–once again takes this book to a whole new level as he uncovers more of the latest, most important, and most useful Adobe Photoshop techniques for photographers.
This update to his award-winning, record-breaking book does something for digital photographers that’s never been done before–it cuts through the bull and shows you exactly “how to do it.” It’s not a bunch of theory; it doesn’t challenge you to come up with your own settings or figure it out on your own. Instead, Scott shows you step by step the exact techniques used by today’s cutting-edge digital photographers, and best of all, he shows you flat-out exactly which settings to use, when to use them, and why.
LEARN HOW THE PROS DO IT
The photographer’s workflow in Photoshop has evolved greatly over time, and in this current version of book you’ll wind up doing a lot of your processing and editing in Photoshop’s Adobe Camera Raw feature (whether you shoot in RAW, JPEG or TIFF–it works for all three). That’s because for years now, Adobe has been adding most of Photoshop’s new features for photography directly into Camera Raw itself. Since today’s photography workflow in Photoshop is based around Camera Raw, about one third of this book is about mastering Camera Raw like a pro. Plus, you’ll learn:
• The sharpening techniques the pros really use.
• The pros’ tricks for fixing the most common digital photo problems fast!
• The most useful retouching techniques for photographers, and how to make “impossible” selections like wind-blown hair (it’s easy, once you know the secrets), and how to use Layers like a pro.
• How to seamlessly remove distracting junk from your images.
• How to stitch panoramas, how to process HDR for a realistic look, and tricks for pulling way more out of your images than you ever dreamed possible.
• The latest Photoshop special effects for photographers (there’s a whole chapter just on these!).
• A host of shortcuts, workarounds, and slick “insider” tricks to send your productivity through the roof!
Scott includes a special chapter with his own workflow, from start to finish, plus, each chapter ends with a Photoshop Killer Tips section, packed with time-saving, job-saving tips that make all the difference. He also provides four bonus chapters, along with the images used in the book for download so you can follow right along. If you’re ready to learn all the “tricks of the trade”–the same ones that today’s leading pros use to correct, edit, retouch, and sharpen their work–then you’re holding the book that will do just that.
- The Adobe Photoshop CC Book for Digital Photographers 2017 Release Voices That Matter
|BetterPhoto Basics: The Absolute Beginner's Guide to Taking Photos Like a Pro
Lowest new price: $12.12
Lowest used price: $3.00
List price: $21.99
Author: Jim Miotke
Absolutely anyone can take better photos!
If you can press a button, you can take great pictures. It’s as simple as that. In BetterPhoto Basics, Jim Miotke, founder of the popular online photography school BetterPhoto.com, shares tips and tricks to improve your photos right away, no matter what camera you’re using. Too busy to read a book? No problem—flip to any page for an instant tip to use right away! Learn to compose knockout shots, make the most of indoor and outdoor light, and photograph twenty popular subjects, from sunsets and flowers to a family portrait. Those who want to go further get tips on controlling exposure and the secrets behind ten advanced creative techniques. And everyone will appreciate Jim’s breakdown of easy fixes to make in Photoshop. No matter what your level of experience, you’ll be amazed how easy it is to start taking photos like the pros.
Page 2 of 1422
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED AS IS AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.