|Browse by Catagory:
Civil Rights & Liberties
War & Peace
Cajun & Creole Cooking
Caribbean & West Indian Cooking
Diabetic & Sugar-Free Cooking
Low Fat Cooking
Middle Eastern Cooking
Pacific Rim Cooking
Home & Garden
Literature & Fiction
Sheet Music & Scores
Environmental & Natural Resources Law
Ethics & Professional Responsibility
Procedures & Litigation
Water Supply & Land Use
Lawyer and Crimal Humor
Outdoors & Nature
Hiking & Camping
Hunting & Fishing
Beer & Beer Making
Health & Fitness
Diets & Weight Loss
Children's Science & Nature
Vitamins & Supplements
Psychology and Counseling
Philosophy of Psychology
Physiological Aspects of Psychology
Psychology of Sexuality
Psychology Testing & Measurement
Chaos & Systems
Geometry & Topology
Logic & Brain Teasers
Chaos & Systems
Geometry & Topology
Probability & Statistics
Experiments, Instruments & Measurement
Chaos & Systems
Fusion & Fission
Nuclear Magnetic Resonance
Waves & Wave Mechanics
Administration & Policy
Allied Health Professions
Medical Education & Training
Endocrinology & Metabolism
Physician & Patient
Insects & Spiders
Fish & Aquariums
Mobile & Wireless Computing: Programming
Linux Kernel & Peripherals
Linux Networking & Administration
State & Local History
Sci Fi Calendars
Bujold, Lois McMaster
Card, Orson Scott
Chalker, Jack L.
Heinlein, Robert A.
McKillip, Patricia A.
Nye, Jody Lynn
|Everybody Lies: Big Data, New Data, and What the Internet Can Tell Us About Who We Really Are
Lowest new price: $13.98
Lowest used price: $13.96
List price: $27.99
Author: Seth Stephens-Davidowitz
Brand: Stephens Davidowitz Seth
New York Times Bestseller
Foreword by Steven Pinker, author of The Better Angels of our Nature
Blending the informed analysis of The Signal and the Noise with the instructive iconoclasm of Think Like a Freak, a fascinating, illuminating, and witty look at what the vast amounts of information now instantly available to us reveals about ourselves and our world—provided we ask the right questions.
By the end of an average day in the early twenty-first century, human beings searching the internet will amass eight trillion gigabytes of data. This staggering amount of information—unprecedented in history—can tell us a great deal about who we are—the fears, desires, and behaviors that drive us, and the conscious and unconscious decisions we make. From the profound to the mundane, we can gain astonishing knowledge about the human psyche that less than twenty years ago, seemed unfathomable.
Everybody Lies offers fascinating, surprising, and sometimes laugh-out-loud insights into everything from economics to ethics to sports to race to sex, gender and more, all drawn from the world of big data. What percentage of white voters didn’t vote for Barack Obama because he’s black? Does where you go to school effect how successful you are in life? Do parents secretly favor boy children over girls? Do violent films affect the crime rate? Can you beat the stock market? How regularly do we lie about our sex lives and who’s more self-conscious about sex, men or women?
Investigating these questions and a host of others, Seth Stephens-Davidowitz offers revelations that can help us understand ourselves and our lives better. Drawing on studies and experiments on how we really live and think, he demonstrates in fascinating and often funny ways the extent to which all the world is indeed a lab. With conclusions ranging from strange-but-true to thought-provoking to disturbing, he explores the power of this digital truth serum and its deeper potential—revealing biases deeply embedded within us, information we can use to change our culture, and the questions we’re afraid to ask that might be essential to our health—both emotional and physical. All of us are touched by big data everyday, and its influence is multiplying. Everybody Lies challenges us to think differently about how we see it and the world.
- Everybody Lies Big Data New Data and What the Internet Reveals about Who We Really Are
|R for Data Science: Import, Tidy, Transform, Visualize, and Model Data
Lowest new price: $24.95
Lowest used price: $30.84
List price: $39.99
Author: Hadley Wickham
Brand: O Reilly Media
Learn how to use R to turn raw data into insight, knowledge, and understanding. This book introduces you to R, RStudio, and the tidyverse, a collection of R packages designed to work together to make data science fast, fluent, and fun. Suitable for readers with no previous programming experience, R for Data Science is designed to get you doing data science as quickly as possible.
Authors Hadley Wickham and Garrett Grolemund guide you through the steps of importing, wrangling, exploring, and modeling your data and communicating the results. You’ll get a complete, big-picture understanding of the data science cycle, along with basic tools you need to manage the details. Each section of the book is paired with exercises to help you practice what you’ve learned along the way.
You’ll learn how to:
- Wrangle—transform your datasets into a form convenient for analysis
- Program—learn powerful R tools for solving data problems with greater clarity and ease
- Explore—examine your data, generate hypotheses, and quickly test them
- Model—provide a low-dimensional summary that captures true "signals" in your dataset
- Communicate—learn R Markdown for integrating prose, code, and results
|Cryptoassets: The Innovative Investor's Guide to Bitcoin and Beyond
Lowest new price: $21.67
Lowest used price: $19.81
List price: $30.00
Author: Chris Burniske
The innovative investor’s guide to an entirely new asset class―from two experts on the cutting edge
With the rise of bitcoin and blockchain technology, investors can capitalize on the greatest investment opportunity since the Internet. Bitcoin was the first cryptoasset, but today there are over 800 and counting, including ether, ripple, litecoin, monero, and more. This clear, concise, and accessible guide from two industry insiders shows you how to navigate this brave new blockchain world―and how to invest in these emerging assets to secure your financial future.
Cryptoassets gives you all the tools you need:
* An actionable framework for investigating and valuing cryptoassets
* Portfolio management techniques to maximize returns while managing risk
* Historical context and tips to navigate inevitable bubbles and manias
* Practical guides to exchanges, wallets, capital market vehicles, and ICOs
* Predictions on how blockchain technology may disrupt current portfolios
In addition to offering smart investment strategies, this authoritative resource will help you understand how these assets were created, how they work, and how they are evolving amid the blockchain revolution. The authors define a clear and original cryptoasset taxonomy, composed of cryptocurrencies, cryptocommodities, and cryptotokens, with insights into how each subset is blending technology and markets. You’ll find a variety of methods to invest in these assets, whether through global exchanges that trade 24/7 or initial cryptoasset offerings (ICOs). By sequentially building on the concepts of each prior chapter, the book will provide you with a full understanding of the cryptoasset economy and the opportunities that await the innovative investor .
Cryptoassets represent the future of money and markets. This book is your guide to that future.
|An Introduction to Statistical Learning: with Applications in R (Springer Texts in Statistics)
Lowest new price: $43.94
Lowest used price: $34.00
List price: $79.99
Author: Gareth James
Brand: Brand: Springer
An Introduction to Statistical Learning provides an accessible overview of the field of statistical learning, an essential toolset for making sense of the vast and complex data sets that have emerged in fields ranging from biology to finance to marketing to astrophysics in the past twenty years. This book presents some of the most important modeling and prediction techniques, along with relevant applications. Topics include linear regression, classification, resampling methods, shrinkage approaches, tree-based methods, support vector machines, clustering, and more. Color graphics and real-world examples are used to illustrate the methods presented. Since the goal of this textbook is to facilitate the use of these statistical learning techniques by practitioners in science, industry, and other fields, each chapter contains a tutorial on implementing the analyses and methods presented in R, an extremely popular open source statistical software platform.
Two of the authors co-wrote The Elements of Statistical Learning (Hastie, Tibshirani and Friedman, 2nd edition 2009), a popular reference book for statistics and machine learning researchers. An Introduction to Statistical Learning covers many of the same topics, but at a level accessible to a much broader audience. This book is targeted at statisticians and non-statisticians alike who wish to use cutting-edge statistical learning techniques to analyze their data. The text assumes only a previous course in linear regression and no knowledge of matrix algebra.
- Used Book in Good Condition
- The Elements of Statistical Learning: Data Mining, Inference, and Prediction, Second Edition (Springer Series in Statistics)
- Applied Predictive Modeling
- R for Data Science: Import, Tidy, Transform, Visualize, and Model Data
- Deep Learning (Adaptive Computation and Machine Learning series)
- Pattern Recognition and Machine Learning (Information Science and Statistics)
- Machine Learning with R - Second Edition
- Hands-On Machine Learning with Scikit-Learn and TensorFlow: Concepts, Tools, and Techniques to Build Intelligent Systems
- Computer Age Statistical Inference: Algorithms, Evidence, and Data Science (Institute of Mathematical Statistics Monographs)
- Practical Statistics for Data Scientists: 50 Essential Concepts
- Python Data Science Handbook: Essential Tools for Working with Data
|Mastering Bitcoin: Programming the Open Blockchain
Lowest new price: $22.56
Lowest used price: $26.34
List price: $34.99
Author: Andreas M. Antonopoulos
Join the technological revolution that's taking the world of finance by storm. Mastering Bitcoin
is your guide through the seemingly complex world of bitcoin, providing the knowledge you need to participate in the internet of money. Whether you're building the next killer app, investing in a startup, or simply curious about the technology, this revised and expanded second edition provides essential detail to get you started.
Bitcoin, the first successful decentralized digital currency, is still in its early stages and yet it's already spawned a multi-billion dollar global economy. This economy is open to anyone with the knowledge and passion to participate. Mastering Bitcoin
provides the knowledge. You simply supply the passion.
The second edition includes:
- A broad introduction to bitcoin--ideal for non-technical users, investors, and business executives
- An explanation of the technical foundations of bitcoin and cryptographic currencies for developers, engineers, and software and systems architects
- Details of the bitcoin decentralized network, peer-to-peer architecture, transaction lifecycle, and security principles
- New developments such as Segregated Witness, Payment Channels, and Lightning Network
- Improved explanations of keys, addresses and wallets
- User stories, analogies, examples, and code snippets illustrating key technical concepts
|Super Mario Odyssey: Prima Collector's Edition Guide
Lowest new price: $33.99
List price: $39.99
Author: Prima Games
Premium Hard Cover: Exclusive hard cover guide with premium finishes.
Exclusive Double Sided Poster!
Comprehensive Walkthrough: Visit every location, beat every boss, and solve every puzzle with both solo and co-op strategies.
Detailed Maps: Explore the expansive world with detailed maps of each and every kingdom!
Secrets, Power Moons, and Mini-Game Coverage: Discover everything the game has to offer as you journey to save Princess Peach.
In-depth Adversary Coverage: Meet old foes and new challenges with strategies to handle everything from the smallest Goomba to the largest T-Rex!
Free Mobile-Friendly eGuide: Includes a code to access the eGuide, a web-access version of the complete guide, optimized for a second-screen experience.
|Fanatical Prospecting: The Ultimate Guide to Opening Sales Conversations and Filling the Pipeline by Leveraging Social Selling, Telephone, Email, Text, and Cold Calling
Lowest new price: $14.95
Lowest used price: $16.23
List price: $27.00
Author: Jeb Blount
Ditch the failed sales tactics, fill your pipeline, and crush your number
Fanatical Prospecting gives salespeople, sales leaders, entrepreneurs, and executives a practical, eye-opening guide that clearly explains the why and how behind the most important activity in sales and business development—prospecting.
The brutal fact is the number one reason for failure in sales is an empty pipe and the root cause of an empty pipeline is the failure to consistently prospect. By ignoring the muscle of prospecting, many otherwise competent salespeople and sales organizations consistently underperform.
Step by step, Jeb Blount outlines his innovative approach to prospecting that works for real people, in the real world, with real prospects.
Learn how to keep the pipeline full of qualified opportunities and avoid debilitating sales slumps by leveraging a balanced prospecting methodology across multiple prospecting channels.
This book reveals the secrets, techniques, and tips of top earners. You’ll learn:
- Why the 30-Day Rule is critical for keeping the pipeline full
- Why understanding the Law of Replacement is the key to avoiding sales slumps
- How to leverage the Law of Familiarity to reduce prospecting friction and avoid rejection
- The 5 C’s of Social Selling and how to use them to get prospects to call you
- How to use the simple 5 Step Telephone Framework to get more appointments fast
- How to double call backs with a powerful voice mail technique
- How to leverage the powerful 4 Step Email Prospecting Framework to create emails that compel prospects to respond
- How to get text working for you with the 7 Step Text Message Prospecting Framework
- And there is so much more!
Fanatical Prospecting is filled with the high-powered strategies, techniques, and tools you need to fill your pipeline with high quality opportunities.
In the most comprehensive book ever written about sales prospecting, Jeb Blount reveals the real secret to improving sales productivity and growing your income fast. You’ll gain the power to blow through resistance and objections, gain more appointments, start more sales conversations, and close more sales.
Break free from the fear and frustration that is holding you and your team back from effective and consistent prospecting. It's time to get off the feast or famine sales roller-coaster for good!
|Python Machine Learning: Machine Learning and Deep Learning with Python, scikit-learn, and TensorFlow, 2nd Edition
Lowest new price: $35.99
Lowest used price: $34.55
List price: $39.99
Author: Sebastian Raschka
- Second edition of the bestselling book on Machine Learning
- A practical approach to key frameworks in data science, machine learning, and deep learning
- Use the most powerful Python libraries to implement machine learning and deep learning
- Get to know the best practices to improve and optimize your machine learning systems and algorithms
Machine learning is eating the software world, and now deep learning is extending machine learning. Understand and work at the cutting edge of machine learning, neural networks, and deep learning with this second edition of Sebastian Raschka's bestselling book, Python Machine Learning. Thoroughly updated using the latest Python open source libraries, this book offers the practical knowledge and techniques you need to create and contribute to machine learning, deep learning, and modern data analysis.
Fully extended and modernized, Python Machine Learning Second Edition now includes the popular TensorFlow deep learning library. The scikit-learn code has also been fully updated to include recent improvements and additions to this versatile machine learning library.
Sebastian Raschka and Vahid Mirjalili's unique insight and expertise introduce you to machine learning and deep learning algorithms from scratch, and show you how to apply them to practical industry challenges using realistic and interesting examples. By the end of the book, you'll be ready to meet the new data analysis opportunities in today's world.
If you've read the first edition of this book, you'll be delighted to find a new balance of classical ideas and modern insights into machine learning. Every chapter has been critically updated, and there are new chapters on key technologies. You'll be able to learn and work with TensorFlow more deeply than ever before, and get essential coverage of the Keras neural network library, along with the most recent updates to scikit-learn.
What you will learn
- Understand the key frameworks in data science, machine learning, and deep learning
- Harness the power of the latest Python open source libraries in machine learning
- Explore machine learning techniques using challenging real-world data
- Master deep neural network implementation using the TensorFlow library
- Learn the mechanics of classification algorithms to implement the best tool for the job
- Predict continuous target outcomes using regression analysis
- Uncover hidden patterns and structures in data with clustering
- Delve deeper into textual and social media data using sentiment analysis
Table of Contents
- Giving Computers the Ability to Learn from Data
- Training Simple Machine Learning Algorithms for Classification
- A Tour of Machine Learning Classifiers Using Scikit-Learn
- Building Good Training Sets - Data Preprocessing
- Compressing Data via Dimensionality Reduction
- Learning Best Practices for Model Evaluation and Hyperparameter Tuning
- Combining Different Models for Ensemble Learning
- Applying Machine Learning to Sentiment Analysis
- Embedding a Machine Learning Model into a Web Application
- Predicting Continuous Target Variables with Regression Analysis
- Working with Unlabeled Data - Clustering Analysis
- Implementing a Multilayer Artificial Neural Network from Scratch
- Parallelizing Neural Network Training with TensorFlow
- Going Deeper - The Mechanics of TensorFlow
- Classifying Images with Deep Convolutional Neural Networks
- Modeling Sequential Data using Recurrent Neural Networks
|CompTIA Network+ All-In-One Exam Guide, Sixth Edition (Exam N10-006)
Lowest new price: $36.73
Lowest used price: $24.94
List price: $60.00
Author: Mike Meyers
Brand: Meyers Mike
From Mike Meyers, the #1 name in CompTIA training and exam preparation, a thorough revision of his bestselling exam guide―updated to cover the 2015 release of the CompTIA Network+ exam.
Get complete coverage of all the CompTIA Network+ exam objectives inside this comprehensive resource. Written by the leading expert on CompTIA certification and training, Mike Meyers, this authoritative guide covers exam N10-006 in full detail. You’ll find learning objectives at the beginning of each chapter, exam tips, scenarios, practice exam questions, and in-depth explanations. Designed to help you pass the exam with ease, this definitive volume also serves as an essential on-the-job reference. Also includes an offer for a 10% discount on your exam voucher!
CompTIA Network+ Certification All-in-One Exam Guide, Sixth Edition covers all exam topics, including:
- Network architectures
- Cabling and topology
- Ethernet basics
- Network installation
- TCP/IP applications and network protocols
- Network naming
- Advanced networking devices
- Remote connectivity
- Wireless networking
- Virtualization and cloud computing
- Network operations
- Managing risk
- Network security
- Network monitoring and troubleshooting
Electronic content includes:
- 100+ practice exam questions in a customizable test engine available for download
- 20+ lab simulations online to help you prepare for the performance-based questions
- One hour of online video training from Mike Meyers
- A link to Mike’s favorite shareware and freeware networking tools and utilities
- PDF copy of the book
- CompTIA Network All In One Exam Guide Sixth Edition Exam N10 006
|Excel 2016 All-in-One For Dummies (For Dummies (Computer/Tech))
Lowest new price: $23.03
Lowest used price: $26.03
List price: $39.99
Author: Greg Harvey
Brand: Greg Harvey
Your one-stop guide to all things Excel 2016
Excel 2016 All-in-One For Dummies, the most comprehensive Excel reference on the market, is completely updated to reflect Microsoft's changes in the popular spreadsheet tool. It offers you everything you need to grasp basic Excel functions, such as creating and editing worksheets, setting up formulas, importing data, performing statistical functions, editing macros with Visual Basic—and beyond. In no time, your Excel skills will go from 'meh' to excellent.
Written by expert Greg Harvey, who has sold more than 4.5 million copies of his previous books combined and has taught and trained extensively in Microsoft Excel, this all-encompassing guide offers everything you need to get started with Excel. From generating pivot tables and performing financial functions to performing error trapping and building and running macros—and everything in between—this hands-on, friendly guide makes working with Excel easier than ever before.
- Serves as the ideal reference for solving common questions and Excel pain points quickly and easily
- Helps to increase productivity and efficiency when working in Excel
- Fully updated for the new version of Excel
- Covers basic and more advanced Excel topics
If working in Excel occasionally makes you want to scream, this will be the dog-eared, dust-free reference you'll turn to again and again.
- Excel 2016 All In One for Dummies
Page 4 of 48383
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED AS IS AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.