|Browse by Catagory:
Civil Rights & Liberties
War & Peace
Cajun & Creole Cooking
Caribbean & West Indian Cooking
Diabetic & Sugar-Free Cooking
Low Fat Cooking
Middle Eastern Cooking
Pacific Rim Cooking
Home & Garden
Literature & Fiction
Sheet Music & Scores
Environmental & Natural Resources Law
Ethics & Professional Responsibility
Procedures & Litigation
Water Supply & Land Use
Lawyer and Crimal Humor
Outdoors & Nature
Hiking & Camping
Hunting & Fishing
Beer & Beer Making
Health & Fitness
Diets & Weight Loss
Children's Science & Nature
Vitamins & Supplements
Psychology and Counseling
Philosophy of Psychology
Physiological Aspects of Psychology
Psychology of Sexuality
Psychology Testing & Measurement
Chaos & Systems
Geometry & Topology
Logic & Brain Teasers
Chaos & Systems
Geometry & Topology
Probability & Statistics
Experiments, Instruments & Measurement
Chaos & Systems
Fusion & Fission
Nuclear Magnetic Resonance
Waves & Wave Mechanics
Administration & Policy
Allied Health Professions
Medical Education & Training
Endocrinology & Metabolism
Physician & Patient
Insects & Spiders
Fish & Aquariums
Mobile & Wireless Computing: Programming
Linux Kernel & Peripherals
Linux Networking & Administration
State & Local History
Sci Fi Calendars
Bujold, Lois McMaster
Card, Orson Scott
Chalker, Jack L.
Heinlein, Robert A.
McKillip, Patricia A.
Nye, Jody Lynn
|Clean Code: A Handbook of Agile Software Craftsmanship
Lowest new price: $47.49
Lowest used price: $22.31
List price: $49.99
Author: Robert C. Martin
Brand: Prentice Hall
Even bad code can function. But if code isn’t clean, it can bring a development organization to its knees. Every year, countless hours and significant resources are lost because of poorly written code. But it doesn’t have to be that way.
Noted software expert Robert C. Martin presents a revolutionary paradigm with Clean Code: A Handbook of Agile Software Craftsmanship . Martin has teamed up with his colleagues from Object Mentor to distill their best agile practice of cleaning code “on the fly” into a book that will instill within you the values of a software craftsman and make you a better programmer—but only if you work at it.
What kind of work will you be doing? You’ll be reading code—lots of code. And you will be challenged to think about what’s right about that code, and what’s wrong with it. More importantly, you will be challenged to reassess your professional values and your commitment to your craft.
Clean Code is divided into three parts. The first describes the principles, patterns, and practices of writing clean code. The second part consists of several case studies of increasing complexity. Each case study is an exercise in cleaning up code—of transforming a code base that has some problems into one that is sound and efficient. The third part is the payoff: a single chapter containing a list of heuristics and “smells” gathered while creating the case studies. The result is a knowledge base that describes the way we think when we write, read, and clean code.
Readers will come away from this book understanding
This book is a must for any developer, software engineer, project manager, team lead, or systems analyst with an interest in producing better code.
- How to tell the difference between good and bad code
- How to write good code and how to transform bad code into good code
- How to create good names, good functions, good objects, and good classes
- How to format code for maximum readability
- How to implement complete error handling without obscuring code logic
- How to unit test and practice test-driven development
|R for Data Science: Import, Tidy, Transform, Visualize, and Model Data
Lowest new price: $23.62
Lowest used price: $17.25
List price: $39.99
Author: Hadley Wickham
Brand: O Reilly Media
Learn how to use R to turn raw data into insight, knowledge, and understanding. This book introduces you to R, RStudio, and the tidyverse, a collection of R packages designed to work together to make data science fast, fluent, and fun. Suitable for readers with no previous programming experience, R for Data Science is designed to get you doing data science as quickly as possible.
Authors Hadley Wickham and Garrett Grolemund guide you through the steps of importing, wrangling, exploring, and modeling your data and communicating the results. You’ll get a complete, big-picture understanding of the data science cycle, along with basic tools you need to manage the details. Each section of the book is paired with exercises to help you practice what you’ve learned along the way.
You’ll learn how to:
- Wrangle—transform your datasets into a form convenient for analysis
- Program—learn powerful R tools for solving data problems with greater clarity and ease
- Explore—examine your data, generate hypotheses, and quickly test them
- Model—provide a low-dimensional summary that captures true "signals" in your dataset
- Communicate—learn R Markdown for integrating prose, code, and results
|Automate the Boring Stuff with Python: Practical Programming for Total Beginners
Lowest new price: $19.19
Lowest used price: $19.82
List price: $29.95
Author: Al Sweigart
Brand: No Starch Press
If you’ve ever spent hours renaming files or updating hundreds of spreadsheet cells, you know how tedious tasks like these can be. But what if you could have your computer do them for you?
In Automate the Boring Stuff with Python, you’ll learn how to use Python to write programs that do in minutes what would take you hours to do by hand—no prior programming experience required. Once you’ve mastered the basics of programming, you’ll create Python programs that effortlessly perform useful and impressive feats of automation to:
–Search for text in a file or across multiple files
–Create, update, move, and rename files and folders
–Search the Web and download online content
–Update and format data in Excel spreadsheets of any size
–Split, merge, watermark, and encrypt PDFs
–Send reminder emails and text notifications
–Fill out online forms
Step-by-step instructions walk you through each program, and practice projects at the end of each chapter challenge you to improve those programs and use your newfound skills to automate similar tasks.
Don’t spend your time doing work a well-trained monkey could do. Even if you’ve never written a line of code, you can make your computer do the grunt work. Learn how in Automate the Boring Stuff with Python.
Note: The programs in this book are written to run on Python 3.
|Don't Make Me Think, Revisited: A Common Sense Approach to Web Usability (3rd Edition) (Voices That Matter)
Lowest new price: $27.56
Lowest used price: $19.00
List price: $45.00
Author: Steve Krug
Brand: New Riders Publishing
Since Don’t Make Me Think was first published in 2000, hundreds of thousands of Web designers and developers have relied on usability guru Steve Krug’s guide to help them understand the principles of intuitive navigation and information design. Witty, commonsensical, and eminently practical, it’s one of the best-loved and most recommended books on the subject.
Now Steve returns with fresh perspective to reexamine the principles that made Don’t Make Me Think a classic–with updated examples and a new chapter on mobile usability. And it’s still short, profusely illustrated…and best of all–fun to read.
If you’ve read it before, you’ll rediscover what made Don’t Make Me Think so essential to Web designers and developers around the world. If you’ve never read it, you’ll see why so many people have said it should be required reading for anyone working on Web sites.
“After reading it over a couple of hours and putting its ideas to work for the past five years, I can say it has done more to improve my abilities as a Web designer than any other book.”
–Jeffrey Zeldman, author of Designing with Web Standards
|Excel 2016 Bible
Lowest new price: $22.48
Lowest used price: $16.00
List price: $54.99
Author: John Walkenbach
The complete guide to Excel 2016, from Mr. Spreadsheet himself
Whether you are just starting out or an Excel novice, the Excel 2016 Bible is your comprehensive, go-to guide for all your Excel 2016 needs. Whether you use Excel at work or at home, you will be guided through the powerful new features and capabilities by expert author and Excel Guru John Walkenbach to take full advantage of what the updated version offers. Learn to incorporate templates, implement formulas, create pivot tables, analyze data, and much more.
Navigate this powerful tool for business, home management, technical work, and much more with the only resource you need, Excel 2016 Bible.
- Create functional spreadsheets that work
- Master formulas, formatting, pivot tables, and more
- Get acquainted with Excel 2016's new features and tools
- Customize downloadable templates and worksheets
Whether you need a walkthrough tutorial or an easy-to-navigate desk reference, the Excel 2016 Bible has you covered with complete coverage and clear expert guidance.
|Argo Brothers Math Workbook, Grade 7: Common Core Math Multiple Choice, Daily Math Practice Grade 7
Lowest new price: $15.42
Lowest used price: $15.36
List price: $19.99
Author: Argo Brothers
This book is your comprehensive workbook for 7th Grade Common Core Math.
By practicing and mastering this entire workbook, your child will become very familiar and comfortable with the state math exam and common core standards. This 7th Grade Common Core Math Workbook (Multiple Choice) includes:
20 Weeks of Daily Multiple Choice Practice
State Aligned Common Core Curriculum
End of Year Assessment
Detailed Video Answer Explanations to all questions in the workbook
For practice with Free Response questions, be sure to check out Part II of our workbook titled:
Argo Brothers Math Workbook, Grade 7: Common Core Math Free Response, Daily Math Practice Grade 7
Each question is labeled with the specific common core standard so both parents and teachers can use this workbook for their student(s). This workbook takes the Common Core State Standards and divides them up among 20 weeks. By working on these problems on a daily basis, students will be able to (1) find any deficiencies in their understanding and/or practice of math and (2) have small successes each day that will build competence and confidence in their abilities.
We know the common core can be challenging. For that reason we have decided to provide detailed video explanations to each math question. If your child is having trouble with any questions, you can easily access our video explanations where an instructor will show the student how to get the correct answer.
We strongly recommend watching the videos as it will reinforce the fundamental concepts. Please note, scrap paper may be necessary while using this workbook so that the student has sufficient space to show their work.
- Argo Brothers Math Workbook, Grade 7: Common Core Math Free Response, Daily Math Practice Grade 7
- Math Common Core 7Th Grade (Quick Study: Academic)
- Common Core Practice - 7th Grade English Language Arts: Workbooks to Prepare for the PARCC or Smarter Balanced Test: CCSS Aligned (CCSS Standards Practice) (Volume 9)
- Argo Brothers Math Workbook, Grade 6: Common Core Math Multiple Choice, Daily Math Practice Grade 6 (2017 Edition)
- Argo Brothers Math Workbook, Grade 6: Common Core Math Free Response, Daily Math Practice Grade 6 (2017 Edition)
- Argo Brothers Math Workbook, Grade 5: Common Core Multiple Choice (5th Grade) 2017 Edition
- Common Core Math Workbook, Grade 4: Multiple Choice, Daily Math Practice Grade 4
- Spectrum Math Workbook, Grade 7
- Everything You Need to Ace Math in One Big Fat Notebook: The Complete Middle School Study Guide (Big Fat Notebooks)
- Reading Comprehension, Grades 7 - 8 (The 100+ Series™)
|Deep Learning with Python
Lowest new price: $30.59
Lowest used price: $25.85
List price: $49.99
Author: Francois Chollet
Deep Learning with Python introduces the field of deep learning using the Python language and the powerful Keras library. Written by Keras creator and Google AI researcher François Chollet, this book builds your understanding through intuitive explanations and practical examples.
Purchase of the print book includes a free eBook in PDF, Kindle, and ePub formats from Manning Publications.
About the Technology
Machine learning has made remarkable progress in recent years. We went from near-unusable speech and image recognition, to near-human accuracy. We went from machines that couldn't beat a serious Go player, to defeating a world champion. Behind this progress is deep learning—a combination of engineering advances, best practices, and theory that enables a wealth of previously impossible smart applications.
About the Book
Deep Learning with Python introduces the field of deep learning using the Python language and the powerful Keras library. Written by Keras creator and Google AI researcher François Chollet, this book builds your understanding through intuitive explanations and practical examples. You'll explore challenging concepts and practice with applications in computer vision, natural-language processing, and generative models. By the time you finish, you'll have the knowledge and hands-on skills to apply deep learning in your own projects.
- Deep learning from first principles
- Setting up your own deep-learning environment
- Image-classification models
- Deep learning for text and sequences
- Neural style transfer, text generation, and image generation
About the Reader
Readers need intermediate Python skills. No previous experience with Keras, TensorFlow, or machine learning is required.
About the Author
François Chollet works on deep learning at Google in Mountain View, CA. He is the creator of the Keras deep-learning library, as well as a contributor to the TensorFlow machine-learning framework. He also does deep-learning research, with a focus on computer vision and the application of machine learning to formal reasoning. His papers have been published at major conferences in the field, including the Conference on Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition (CVPR), the Conference and Workshop on Neural Information Processing Systems (NIPS), the International Conference on Learning Representations (ICLR), and others.
Table of Contents
PART 1 - FUNDAMENTALS OF DEEP LEARNING
- What is deep learning?
- Before we begin: the mathematical building blocks of neural networks
- Getting started with neural networks
- Fundamentals of machine learning
PART 2 - DEEP LEARNING IN PRACTICE
- Deep learning for computer vision
- Deep learning for text and sequences
- Advanced deep-learning best practices
- Generative deep learning
- appendix A - Installing Keras and its dependencies on Ubuntu
- appendix B - Running Jupyter notebooks on an EC2 GPU instance
|An Introduction to Statistical Learning: with Applications in R (Springer Texts in Statistics)
Lowest new price: $55.55
Lowest used price: $27.90
List price: $79.99
Author: Gareth James
An Introduction to Statistical Learning provides an accessible overview of the field of statistical learning, an essential toolset for making sense of the vast and complex data sets that have emerged in fields ranging from biology to finance to marketing to astrophysics in the past twenty years. This book presents some of the most important modeling and prediction techniques, along with relevant applications. Topics include linear regression, classification, resampling methods, shrinkage approaches, tree-based methods, support vector machines, clustering, and more. Color graphics and real-world examples are used to illustrate the methods presented. Since the goal of this textbook is to facilitate the use of these statistical learning techniques by practitioners in science, industry, and other fields, each chapter contains a tutorial on implementing the analyses and methods presented in R, an extremely popular open source statistical software platform.
Two of the authors co-wrote The Elements of Statistical Learning (Hastie, Tibshirani and Friedman, 2nd edition 2009), a popular reference book for statistics and machine learning researchers. An Introduction to Statistical Learning covers many of the same topics, but at a level accessible to a much broader audience. This book is targeted at statisticians and non-statisticians alike who wish to use cutting-edge statistical learning techniques to analyze their data. The text assumes only a previous course in linear regression and no knowledge of matrix algebra.
- The Elements of Statistical Learning: Data Mining, Inference, and Prediction, Second Edition (Springer Series in Statistics)
- Applied Predictive Modeling
- R for Data Science: Import, Tidy, Transform, Visualize, and Model Data
- Hands-On Machine Learning with Scikit-Learn and TensorFlow: Concepts, Tools, and Techniques to Build Intelligent Systems
- Data Mining for Business Analytics: Concepts, Techniques, and Applications in R
- Deep Learning (Adaptive Computation and Machine Learning series)
- Machine Learning: A Probabilistic Perspective (Adaptive Computation and Machine Learning series)
- R Cookbook: Proven Recipes for Data Analysis, Statistics, and Graphics (O'reilly Cookbooks)
- Practical Statistics for Data Scientists: 50 Essential Concepts
|Python for Data Analysis: Data Wrangling with Pandas, NumPy, and IPython
Lowest new price: $26.30
Lowest used price: $20.98
List price: $49.99
Author: Wes McKinney
Get complete instructions for manipulating, processing, cleaning, and crunching datasets in Python. Updated for Python 3.6, the second edition of this hands-on guide is packed with practical case studies that show you how to solve a broad set of data analysis problems effectively. You’ll learn the latest versions of pandas, NumPy, IPython, and Jupyter in the process.
Written by Wes McKinney, the creator of the Python pandas project, this book is a practical, modern introduction to data science tools in Python. It’s ideal for analysts new to Python and for Python programmers new to data science and scientific computing. Data files and related material are available on GitHub.
- Use the IPython shell and Jupyter notebook for exploratory computing
- Learn basic and advanced features in NumPy (Numerical Python)
- Get started with data analysis tools in the pandas library
- Use flexible tools to load, clean, transform, merge, and reshape data
- Create informative visualizations with matplotlib
- Apply the pandas groupby facility to slice, dice, and summarize datasets
- Analyze and manipulate regular and irregular time series data
- Learn how to solve real-world data analysis problems with thorough, detailed examples
- Python for Data Analysis
- Wes McKinney
- Data Analysis
|AWS Certified Solutions Architect Official Study Guide: Associate Exam
Lowest new price: $31.99
Lowest used price: $24.23
List price: $60.00
Author: Joe Baron
Validate your AWS skills.
This is your opportunity to take the next step in your career by expanding and validating your skills on the AWS cloud. AWS has been the frontrunner in cloud computing products and services, and the AWS Certified Solutions Architect Official Study Guide for the Associate exam will get you fully prepared through expert content, and real-world knowledge, key exam essentials, chapter review questions, access to Sybex’s interactive online learning environment, and much more. This official study guide, written by AWS experts, covers exam concepts, and provides key review on exam topics, including:
- Mapping Multi-Tier Architectures to AWS Services, such as web/app servers, firewalls, caches and load balancers
- Understanding managed RDBMS through AWS RDS (MySQL, Oracle, SQL Server, Postgres, Aurora)
- Understanding Loose Coupling and Stateless Systems
- Comparing Different Consistency Models in AWS Services
- Understanding how AWS CloudFront can make your application more cost efficient, faster and secure
- Implementing Route tables, Access Control Lists, Firewalls, NAT, and DNS
- Applying AWS Security Features along with traditional Information and Application Security
- Using Compute, Networking, Storage, and Database AWS services
- Architecting Large Scale Distributed Systems
- Understanding of Elasticity and Scalability Concepts
- Understanding of Network Technologies Relating to AWS
- Deploying and Managing Services with tools such as CloudFormation, OpsWorks and Elastic Beanstalk.
Learn from the AWS subject-matter experts, review with proven study tools, and apply real-world scenarios. If you are looking to take the AWS Certified Solutions Architect Associate exam, this guide is what you need for comprehensive content and robust study tools that will help you gain the edge on exam day and throughout your career.
Page 4 of 7078
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED AS IS AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.