|Browse by Catagory:
Civil Rights & Liberties
War & Peace
Cajun & Creole Cooking
Caribbean & West Indian Cooking
Diabetic & Sugar-Free Cooking
Low Fat Cooking
Middle Eastern Cooking
Pacific Rim Cooking
Home & Garden
Literature & Fiction
Sheet Music & Scores
Environmental & Natural Resources Law
Ethics & Professional Responsibility
Procedures & Litigation
Water Supply & Land Use
Lawyer and Crimal Humor
Outdoors & Nature
Hiking & Camping
Hunting & Fishing
Beer & Beer Making
Health & Fitness
Diets & Weight Loss
Children's Science & Nature
Vitamins & Supplements
Psychology and Counseling
Philosophy of Psychology
Physiological Aspects of Psychology
Psychology of Sexuality
Psychology Testing & Measurement
Chaos & Systems
Geometry & Topology
Logic & Brain Teasers
Chaos & Systems
Geometry & Topology
Probability & Statistics
Experiments, Instruments & Measurement
Chaos & Systems
Fusion & Fission
Nuclear Magnetic Resonance
Waves & Wave Mechanics
Administration & Policy
Allied Health Professions
Medical Education & Training
Endocrinology & Metabolism
Physician & Patient
Insects & Spiders
Fish & Aquariums
Mobile & Wireless Computing: Programming
Linux Kernel & Peripherals
Linux Networking & Administration
State & Local History
Sci Fi Calendars
Bujold, Lois McMaster
Card, Orson Scott
Chalker, Jack L.
Heinlein, Robert A.
McKillip, Patricia A.
Nye, Jody Lynn
|Don't Make Me Think, Revisited: A Common Sense Approach to Web Usability (3rd Edition) (Voices That Matter)
Lowest new price: $27.91
Lowest used price: $23.49
List price: $45.00
Author: Steve Krug
Brand: Krug Steve
Since Don’t Make Me Think was first published in 2000, hundreds of thousands of Web designers and developers have relied on usability guru Steve Krug’s guide to help them understand the principles of intuitive navigation and information design. Witty, commonsensical, and eminently practical, it’s one of the best-loved and most recommended books on the subject.
Now Steve returns with fresh perspective to reexamine the principles that made Don’t Make Me Think a classic–with updated examples and a new chapter on mobile usability. And it’s still short, profusely illustrated…and best of all–fun to read.
If you’ve read it before, you’ll rediscover what made Don’t Make Me Think so essential to Web designers and developers around the world. If you’ve never read it, you’ll see why so many people have said it should be required reading for anyone working on Web sites.
“After reading it over a couple of hours and putting its ideas to work for the past five years, I can say it has done more to improve my abilities as a Web designer than any other book.”
–Jeffrey Zeldman, author of Designing with Web Standards
- Don t Make Me Think Revisited A Common Sense Approach to Web Usability
|Adobe Photoshop CC Classroom in a Book (2017 release)
Lowest new price: $46.91
Lowest used price: $41.83
List price: $59.99
Author: Andrew Faulkner
Brand: Faulkner Andrew
Creative professionals seeking the fastest, easiest, most comprehensive way to learn Adobe Photoshop choose Adobe Photoshop CC Classroom in a Book (2017 release) from Adobe Press. The 15 project-based lessons in this book show users step-by-step the key techniques for working in Photoshop and how to correct, enhance, and distort digital images, create image composites, and prepare images for print and the web.
In addition to learning the key elements of the Photoshop interface, this completely revised CC (2017 release) edition covers features like new and improved search capabilities, Content-Aware Crop, Select and Mask, Face-Aware Liquify, designing with multiple artboards, and much more!
The online companion files include all the necessary assets for readers to complete the projects featured in each chapter as well as ebook updates when Adobe releases new features for Creative Cloud customers. All buyers of the book get full access to the Web Edition: a Web-based version of the complete ebook enhanced with video and interactive multiple-choice quizzes. As always with the Classroom in a Book, Instructor Notes are available for teachers to download.
- Adobe Photoshop CC Classroom in a Book 2017 Release
|CISSP (ISC)2 Certified Information Systems Security Professional Official Study Guide
Lowest new price: $29.24
Lowest used price: $26.89
List price: $70.00
Author: James M. Stewart
Brand: James M Stewart Darril Gibson Mike Chapple
CISSP Study Guide - fully updated for the 2015 CISSP Body of Knowledge
CISSP (ISC)2 Certified Information Systems Security Professional Official Study Guide, 7th Edition has been completely updated for the latest 2015 CISSP Body of Knowledge. This bestselling Sybex study guide covers 100% of all exam objectives. You'll prepare for the exam smarter and faster with Sybex thanks to expert content, real-world examples, advice on passing each section of the exam, access to the Sybex online interactive learning environment, and much more. Reinforce what you've learned with key topic exam essentials and chapter review questions.
Along with the book, you also get access to Sybex's superior online interactive learning environment that includes:
- Four unique 250 question practice exams to help you identify where you need to study more. Get more than 90 percent of the answers correct, and you're ready to take the certification exam.
- More than 650 Electronic Flashcards to reinforce your learning and give you last-minute test prep before the exam
- A searchable glossary in PDF to give you instant access to the key terms you need to know for the exam
Coverage of all of the exam topics in the book means you'll be ready for:
- Security and Risk Management
- Asset Security
- Security Engineering
- Communication and Network Security
- Identity and Access Management
- Security Assessment and Testing
- Security Operations
- Software Development Security
- CISSP ISC 2 Certified Information Systems Security Professional Official Study Guide
|An Introduction to Statistical Learning: with Applications in R (Springer Texts in Statistics)
Lowest new price: $42.46
Lowest used price: $34.00
List price: $79.99
Author: Gareth James
Brand: Brand: Springer
An Introduction to Statistical Learning provides an accessible overview of the field of statistical learning, an essential toolset for making sense of the vast and complex data sets that have emerged in fields ranging from biology to finance to marketing to astrophysics in the past twenty years. This book presents some of the most important modeling and prediction techniques, along with relevant applications. Topics include linear regression, classification, resampling methods, shrinkage approaches, tree-based methods, support vector machines, clustering, and more. Color graphics and real-world examples are used to illustrate the methods presented. Since the goal of this textbook is to facilitate the use of these statistical learning techniques by practitioners in science, industry, and other fields, each chapter contains a tutorial on implementing the analyses and methods presented in R, an extremely popular open source statistical software platform.
Two of the authors co-wrote The Elements of Statistical Learning (Hastie, Tibshirani and Friedman, 2nd edition 2009), a popular reference book for statistics and machine learning researchers. An Introduction to Statistical Learning covers many of the same topics, but at a level accessible to a much broader audience. This book is targeted at statisticians and non-statisticians alike who wish to use cutting-edge statistical learning techniques to analyze their data. The text assumes only a previous course in linear regression and no knowledge of matrix algebra.
- Used Book in Good Condition
- The Elements of Statistical Learning: Data Mining, Inference, and Prediction, Second Edition (Springer Series in Statistics)
- Applied Predictive Modeling
- R for Data Science: Import, Tidy, Transform, Visualize, and Model Data
- Pattern Recognition and Machine Learning (Information Science and Statistics)
- Deep Learning (Adaptive Computation and Machine Learning series)
- Machine Learning with R - Second Edition
- Hands-On Machine Learning with Scikit-Learn and TensorFlow: Concepts, Tools, and Techniques to Build Intelligent Systems
- Computer Age Statistical Inference: Algorithms, Evidence, and Data Science (Institute of Mathematical Statistics Monographs)
- Practical Statistics for Data Scientists: 50 Essential Concepts
- Python Data Science Handbook: Essential Tools for Working with Data
|Weapons of Math Destruction: How Big Data Increases Inequality and Threatens Democracy
Lowest new price: $9.30
Lowest used price: $9.80
List price: $16.00
Author: Cathy O'Neil
Longlisted for the National Book Award
New York Times Bestseller
A former Wall Street quant sounds an alarm on the mathematical models that pervade modern life — and threaten to rip apart our social fabric
We live in the age of the algorithm. Increasingly, the decisions that affect our lives—where we go to school, whether we get a car loan, how much we pay for health insurance—are being made not by humans, but by mathematical models. In theory, this should lead to greater fairness: Everyone is judged according to the same rules, and bias is eliminated.
But as Cathy O’Neil reveals in this urgent and necessary book, the opposite is true. The models being used today are opaque, unregulated, and uncontestable, even when they’re wrong. Most troubling, they reinforce discrimination: If a poor student can’t get a loan because a lending model deems him too risky (by virtue of his zip code), he’s then cut off from the kind of education that could pull him out of poverty, and a vicious spiral ensues. Models are propping up the lucky and punishing the downtrodden, creating a “toxic cocktail for democracy.” Welcome to the dark side of Big Data.
Tracing the arc of a person’s life, O’Neil exposes the black box models that shape our future, both as individuals and as a society. These “weapons of math destruction” score teachers and students, sort résumés, grant (or deny) loans, evaluate workers, target voters, set parole, and monitor our health.
O’Neil calls on modelers to take more responsibility for their algorithms and on policy makers to regulate their use. But in the end, it’s up to us to become more savvy about the models that govern our lives. This important book empowers us to ask the tough questions, uncover the truth, and demand change.
— Longlist for National Book Award (Non-Fiction)
— Goodreads, semi-finalist for the 2016 Goodreads Choice Awards (Science and Technology)
— Kirkus, Best Books of 2016
— New York Times, 100 Notable Books of 2016 (Non-Fiction)
— The Guardian, Best Books of 2016
— WBUR's "On Point," Best Books of 2016: Staff Picks
— Boston Globe, Best Books of 2016, Non-Fiction
|The Big Book of Dashboards: Visualizing Your Data Using Real-World Business Scenarios
Lowest new price: $27.83
Lowest used price: $29.98
List price: $49.95
Author: Steve Wexler
The definitive reference book with real-world solutions you won't find anywhere else
The Big Book of Dashboards presents a comprehensive reference for those tasked with building or overseeing the development of business dashboards.
Comprising dozens of examples that address different industries and departments (healthcare, transportation, finance, human resources, marketing, customer service, sports, etc.) and different platforms (print, desktop, tablet, smartphone, and conference room display) The Big Book of Dashboards is the only book that matches great dashboards with real-world business scenarios.
By organizing the book based on these scenarios and offering practical and effective visualization examples, The Big Book of Dashboards will be the trusted resource that you open when you need to build an effective business dashboard.
In addition to the scenarios there's an entire section of the book that is devoted to addressing many practical and psychological factors you will encounter in your work. It's great to have theory and evidenced-based research at your disposal, but what will you do when somebody asks you to make your dashboard 'cooler' by adding packed bubbles and donut charts?
The expert authors have a combined 30-plus years of hands-on experience helping people in hundreds of organizations build effective visualizations. They have fought many 'best practices' battles and having endured bring an uncommon empathy to help you, the reader of this book, survive and thrive in the data visualization world.
A well-designed dashboard can point out risks, opportunities, and more; but common challenges and misconceptions can make your dashboard useless at best, and misleading at worst. The Big Book of Dashboards gives you the tools, guidance, and models you need to produce great dashboards that inform, enlighten, and engage.
- The Big Book of Dashboards Visualizing Your Data Using Real World Business Scenarios
|DotCom Secrets: The Underground Playbook for Growing Your Company Online
Lowest new price: $10.65
Lowest used price: $9.05
List price: $19.95
Author: Russell Brunson
Brand: Brunson Russell
If you are currently struggling with getting traffic to your website, or converting that traffic when it shows up, you may think you’ve got a traffic or conversion problem. In Russell Brunson's experience, after working with thousands of businesses, he has found that’s rarely the case. Low traffic and weak conversion numbers are just symptoms of a much greater problem, a problem that’s a little harder to see (that’s the bad news), but a lot easier to fix (that’s the good news). DotComSecrets will give you the marketing funnels and the sales scripts you need to be able to turn on a flood of new leads into your business.
- Dotcom Secrets The Underground Playbook for Growing Your Company Online
- Expert Secrets: The Underground Playbook for Finding Your Message, Building a Tribe, and Changing the World
- How to Write Copy That Sells: The Step-By-Step System for More Sales, to More Customers, More Often
- Launch: An Internet Millionaire's Secret Formula To Sell Almost Anything Online, Build A Business You Love, And Live The Life Of Your Dreams
- Ecommerce Evolved: The Essential Playbook To Build, Grow & Scale A Successful Ecommerce Business
- Click Millionaires: Work Less, Live More with an Internet Business You Love
- CA$HVERTISING: How to Use More than 100 Secrets of Ad-Agency Psychology to Make Big Money Selling Anything to Anyone
- Give: The Ultimate Guide To Using Facebook Advertising to Generate More Leads, More Clients, and Massive ROI
- Ask: The Counterintuitive Online Method to Discover Exactly What Your Customers Want to Buy...Create a Mass of Raving Fans...and Take Any Business to the Next Level
- #AskGaryVee: One Entrepreneur's Take on Leadership, Social Media, and Self-Awareness
- Mass Persuasion Method: Activate the 8 Psychological Switches That Make People Open Their Hearts, Minds and Wallets for You (Without Knowing Why They are Doing It)
|HTML and CSS: Design and Build Websites
Lowest new price: $15.00
Lowest used price: $10.15
List price: $29.99
Author: Jon Duckett
Brand: Jon Duckett
A full-color introduction to the basics of HTML and CSS from the publishers of Wrox!
Every day, more and more people want to learn some HTML and CSS. Joining the professional web designers and programmers are new audiences who need to know a little bit of code at work (update a content management system or e-commerce store) and those who want to make their personal blogs more attractive. Many books teaching HTML and CSS are dry and only written for those who want to become programmers, which is why this book takes an entirely new approach.
- Introduces HTML and CSS in a way that makes them accessible to everyone—hobbyists, students, and professionals—and it’s full-color throughout
- Utilizes information graphics and lifestyle photography to explain the topics in a simple way that is engaging
- Boasts a unique structure that allows you to progress through the chapters from beginning to end or just dip into topics of particular interest at your leisure
This educational book is one that you will enjoy picking up, reading, then referring back to. It will make you wish other technical topics were presented in such a simple, attractive and engaging way!
From the Author: Goals for this Book
Programming books can often look rather intimidating and uninspiring, but they do not need to be. We wanted to redesign the tech book and make it more accessible, relevant, and attractive to a whole new group of readers. The result is a book that feels more like a magazine and is enjoyable to flick through, and looks like it belongs in the graphic design section rather than the programming section of a bookstore.
- Large info-graphics are used to help simplify new or complex concepts
- Clean design and layout presents each topic on a new page for easy reference
- Printed in full-color, using a vibrant palette to distinguish different types of code
- Attractive code samples help you make beautiful web sites
- HTML CSS Design and Build Web Sites
|Quicken Willmaker Plus 2017 Edition: Book & Software Kit
Lowest new price: $35.91
Lowest used price: $28.83
List price: $49.99
Author: Editors of Nolo
Brand: editors of Nolo
NOW AVAILABLE FOR MAC
Quicken WillMaker Plus 2017 is the easiest ways to create your estate plan, whether it's your first time or you want to update a previous plan. You'll be guided through the process from beginning to end with practical and relevant legal information so that you can make the best decisions for you and your family.
Quicken WillMaker Plus 2017 is the original will-writing software, written and updated regularly by Nolo's expert attorneys. Free legal updates will keep your program current through 2017. Technical support is also available.
- A customized estate plan, including a will, health care directive and other essential documents
- An easy-to-use interview format that lets you complete documents at your own pace
- A user-friendly legal manual answers common questions
- A team of lawyer-editors working to ensure each document reflects the laws of your state*
Plus, register your copy of Quicken WillMaker Plus 2017 and get a free one-year subscription to Nolo's Online Living Trust.
Here’s more about the documents you can make with Quicken WillMaker Plus 2017:
The heart of every estate plan is a will, also known as a last will and testament. This legal document puts you in control of who inherits your property and who would take care of your children if it were ever necessary. Without a will, state law determines these issues. Your will also allows you to name an executor (sometimes called a “personal representative”) to carry out our wishes. And you can appoint a trusted person to manage property left to young people. With Quicken WillMaker Plus, you can revise and update your will whenever you like.
Your Health Care Directive
Spare your loved ones difficult decisions by laying out your wishes for medical care (living will) and naming someone to carry out your instructions (power of attorney for health care).
Your Durable Power of Attorney for Finances
A durable power of attorney ensures that someone you trust (called your "agent" or "attorney-in-fact") will be on hand to manage the many practical, financial tasks that will arise if you become incapacitated. For example, bills must be paid, bank deposits must be made and someone must handle insurance and benefits paperwork. In most cases, a durable power of attorney for finances is the best way to take care of tasks like these.
Your Final Arrangements
Plan a funeral or other ceremony and ease the burden on your loved ones. Describe your preferences for burial, cremation, memorials, obituaries, and more, and select someone to oversee your final arrangements.
Documents for Your Executor
Provide your executor with needed instructions, checklists, letters, notices, claim forms and more.
Information for Caregivers and Survivors
Organize your estate so that your survivors don't have to. Use these documents to give them information about everything from bank accounts to the names of people you'd like contacted in the event of your illness or death.
Letter to Survivors
Use this letter to leave a final message to your loved ones. You can explain the gifts you left in your will, leave advice, divulge secrets, suggest ways of spitting shared gifts, or any other thoughts you'd like to leave behind.
Personal Finance Documents
Over a dozen forms let you handle common financial situations, such as lending money to friends or family, creating a bill of sale, and closing a credit card account.
Home & Family Documents
Practical forms you can use every day to help run your home and keep your family safe, including authorizations and agreements, promissory notes, limited powers of attorney, and child and elder care forms.
* Estate planning documents not valid in Louisiana or U.S. Territories.
Quicken WillMaker Plus 2017 is ONLY for estate planning in the USA.
NOW AVAILABLE FOR MAC
Minimum System Requirements:
Computer. 1 GHz or higher
Operating System. Windows 7/8/8.1/10 or Mac 10.10/10.11
Memory. Minimum 1 GB RAM for Windows and 2 GB RAM for Mac
Hard Disk Space. Up to 54 MB free space; for Windows up to 1.5 GB if .NET not installed
Monitor. 800 x 600 (1024 x 768 recommended; with 16-bit color)
Internet Connection. Broadband required to receive web updates and access online features
Printer. Any supported printer
Software. Adobe Reader and an internet browser
* If you do not have a CD-ROM drive, contact Nolo's Tech Support and upon proof of purchase we’ll promptly send you a download link.
- Quicken Willmaker Plus 2017 Edition Book Software Kit
|Learn Windows PowerShell in a Month of Lunches
Lowest new price: $25.96
Lowest used price: $25.00
List price: $44.99
Author: Donald W. Jones
Brand: Manning Publications
Learn Windows PowerShell in a Month of Lunches, Third Edition is an innovative tutorial designed for busy IT professionals. This updated edition covers PowerShell features that run on Windows 7, Windows Server 2008 R2 and later, PowerShell v3 and later, and includes v5 features like PowerShellGet.
Purchase of the print book includes a free eBook in PDF, Kindle, and ePub formats from Manning Publications.
About the Technology
PowerShell is both a scripting language and an administrative shell that lets you control and automate nearly every aspect of Windows. It accepts and executes commands interactively and you can write scripts to manage most Windows servers like Exchange, IIS, and SharePoint, as well as online services like Azure and Office 365.
About the Book
Learn Windows PowerShell in a Month of Lunches, Third Edition is an innovative tutorial designed for busy IT professionals. Just set aside one hour a day - lunchtime would be perfect - for a month, and you'll be automating Windows tasks faster than you ever thought possible. This updated edition covers PowerShell features that run on Windows 7, Windows Server 2008 R2 and later, PowerShell v3 and later, and includes v5 features like PowerShellGet.
- Learn PowerShell from the beginning, no experience required!
- Covers PowerShell v3 and up, Windows 7, and Windows Server 2008 R2 and later
- Each lesson takes you an hour or less
About the Reader
Experience with Windows administration is helpful. No programming or scripting experience needed.
About the Author
Veteran PowerShell MVPs Don Jones and Jeffery Hicks bring years as successful trainers to this concise, easy-to-follow book.
Table of Contents
- Before you begin
- Meet PowerShell
- Using the help system
- Running commands
- Working with providers
- The pipeline: connecting commands
- Adding commands
- Objects: data by another name
- The pipeline, deeper
- Formatting - and why it's done on the right
- Filtering and comparisons
- A practical interlude
- Remote control: one-to-one, and one-to-many
- Using Windows Management Instrumentation and CIM
- Multitasking with background jobs
- Working with many objects, one at a time
- Security alert!
- Variables: a place to store your stuff
- Input and output
- Sessions: remote control with less work
- You call this scripting?
- Improving your parameterized script
- Advanced remoting configuration
- Using regular expressions to parse text files
- Additional random tips, tricks, and techniques
- Using someone else's script
- Never the end
- PowerShell cheat sheet
Page 5 of 48429
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED AS IS AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.