|Browse by Catagory:
Civil Rights & Liberties
War & Peace
Cajun & Creole Cooking
Caribbean & West Indian Cooking
Diabetic & Sugar-Free Cooking
Low Fat Cooking
Middle Eastern Cooking
Pacific Rim Cooking
Home & Garden
Literature & Fiction
Sheet Music & Scores
Environmental & Natural Resources Law
Ethics & Professional Responsibility
Procedures & Litigation
Water Supply & Land Use
Lawyer and Crimal Humor
Outdoors & Nature
Hiking & Camping
Hunting & Fishing
Beer & Beer Making
Health & Fitness
Diets & Weight Loss
Children's Science & Nature
Vitamins & Supplements
Psychology and Counseling
Philosophy of Psychology
Physiological Aspects of Psychology
Psychology of Sexuality
Psychology Testing & Measurement
Chaos & Systems
Geometry & Topology
Logic & Brain Teasers
Chaos & Systems
Geometry & Topology
Probability & Statistics
Experiments, Instruments & Measurement
Chaos & Systems
Fusion & Fission
Nuclear Magnetic Resonance
Waves & Wave Mechanics
Administration & Policy
Allied Health Professions
Medical Education & Training
Endocrinology & Metabolism
Physician & Patient
Insects & Spiders
Fish & Aquariums
Mobile & Wireless Computing: Programming
Linux Kernel & Peripherals
Linux Networking & Administration
State & Local History
Sci Fi Calendars
Bujold, Lois McMaster
Card, Orson Scott
Chalker, Jack L.
Heinlein, Robert A.
McKillip, Patricia A.
Nye, Jody Lynn
|An Introduction to Statistical Learning: with Applications in R (Springer Texts in Statistics)
Lowest new price: $47.58
Lowest used price: $27.67
List price: $79.99
Author: Gareth James
An Introduction to Statistical Learning provides an accessible overview of the field of statistical learning, an essential toolset for making sense of the vast and complex data sets that have emerged in fields ranging from biology to finance to marketing to astrophysics in the past twenty years. This book presents some of the most important modeling and prediction techniques, along with relevant applications. Topics include linear regression, classification, resampling methods, shrinkage approaches, tree-based methods, support vector machines, clustering, and more. Color graphics and real-world examples are used to illustrate the methods presented. Since the goal of this textbook is to facilitate the use of these statistical learning techniques by practitioners in science, industry, and other fields, each chapter contains a tutorial on implementing the analyses and methods presented in R, an extremely popular open source statistical software platform.
Two of the authors co-wrote The Elements of Statistical Learning (Hastie, Tibshirani and Friedman, 2nd edition 2009), a popular reference book for statistics and machine learning researchers. An Introduction to Statistical Learning covers many of the same topics, but at a level accessible to a much broader audience. This book is targeted at statisticians and non-statisticians alike who wish to use cutting-edge statistical learning techniques to analyze their data. The text assumes only a previous course in linear regression and no knowledge of matrix algebra.
- The Elements of Statistical Learning: Data Mining, Inference, and Prediction, Second Edition (Springer Series in Statistics)
- R for Data Science: Import, Tidy, Transform, Visualize, and Model Data
- Applied Predictive Modeling
- Deep Learning (Adaptive Computation and Machine Learning series)
- Hands-On Machine Learning with Scikit-Learn and TensorFlow: Concepts, Tools, and Techniques to Build Intelligent Systems
- Machine Learning with R - Second Edition: Expert techniques for predictive modeling to solve all your data analysis problems
- Pattern Recognition and Machine Learning (Information Science and Statistics)
- Python Machine Learning: Machine Learning and Deep Learning with Python, scikit-learn, and TensorFlow, 2nd Edition
- Fundamentals of Machine Learning for Predictive Data Analytics: Algorithms, Worked Examples, and Case Studies (MIT Press)
- The Art of R Programming: A Tour of Statistical Software Design
|Cryptocurrency Investing Bible: The Ultimate Guide About Blockchain, Mining, Trading, ICO, Ethereum Platform, Exchanges, Top Cryptocurrencies for Investing and Perfect Strategies to Make Money
Lowest new price: $10.31
Lowest used price: $14.63
List price: $10.95
Author: Alan T. Norman
Cryptocurrency, Bitcoin, ICO, blockchain, mining... When hearing those words just a couple of years back, people used to say:
- It’s a scam, financial bubble
- IThere is no point in investing, the price is too low
- INo country will ever recognize cryptocurrency
- IIt’s an obvious pyramid scheme
- IIt’s a sort of amusement for nerds
- IIt's not serious, it will collapse in a couple of years.
Until recently, cryptocurrency had been viewed as a sort of amusement for a handful of the chosen who bought and sold something and believed that a new currency would make a hit one day! You surely were also among those people who did not take Bitcoin and cryptocurrency seriously, but the current events gag even the biggest skeptics.
Current Bitcoin price is 6,644$* The price of the most popular cryptocurrency repeatedly breaks all the unthinkable records.
Capitalization is about $120 billion
The world's largest economies – India and Japan – recognized Bitcoin as the official currency. The US authorities recognized cryptocurrency as the asset. And this is just the beginning.
Mining on an industrial scale
The cryptocurrency market is extremely fast-changing, and it is almost impossible to monitor the situation and make the right decisions on your own. Most people have no proper experience, time and money for that. My book gives basic yet quite extensive information for those people who do not chase a rainbow but want to build a long-term profitable business in one of the cryptocurrency areas: from mining to investing.
So, this book is not about:
- Illegal ways of making money
- Praising cryptocurrency and urging you to invest in it to the last penny
- Fraud techniques and making a fast buck
- Boring and pointless theory
- Ways to earn millions without investments and risks
This book will help you get to learn the following:
- Which way of making money in cryptocurrency market suits you best.
- Where should you start if you have just $500.
- What information about cryptocurrency the experts withhold (Take the rose-colored glasses off!).
- How to elaborate a personal strategy, set up your own cryptocurrency business and earn your first $3,000-10,000 as early as 2018.
I can also guarantee that you:
- Puzzle out the main present-day currency trend even if you are clueless about economics, finance and technology.
- Understand whether you really want to invest in cryptocurrency (perhaps, this type of business doesn’t suit you at all and you will save your time)
- Get to learn how to check the risks and not to invest in the first available currency
- Having considered my experience, protect yourself from possible failures and pouring money down the drain which will inevitably happen if you go it blind.
Thus, my goal is fairly simple: help you set up and develop business in one of the cryptocurrency areas.
Find out 7 cryptocurrency investment strategies + 2 perfect strategies today!
It is definitely Amazon Great Deal: You can read on your PC, Mac, smartphone, tablet or Kindle device.
- Cryptocurrency: Mining, Investing and Trading in Blockchain, including Bitcoin, Ethereum, Litecoin, Ripple, Dash, Dogecoin, Emercoin, Putincoin, Auroracoin and others (Fintech)
- Mastering Bitcoin for Dummies: Bitcoin and Cryptocurrency Technologies, Mining, Investing and Trading - Bitcoin Book 1, Blockchain, Wallet, Business
- Cryptocurrency: 5 Expert Secrets For Beginners: Investing Into Bitcoin, Ethereum
- Blockchain Technology Explained: The Ultimate Beginner’s Guide About Blockchain Wallet, Mining, Bitcoin, Ethereum, Litecoin, Zcash, Monero, Ripple, Dash, IOTA And Smart Contracts
- Cryptoassets: The Innovative Investor's Guide to Bitcoin and Beyond
- CRYPTOCURRENCY: Insider Secrets - 12 Exclusive Coins Under $1 with Potential for Huge Profits in 2018!
- Cryptocurrency: The Market Entry, Exit and Stop-Loss Strategies that made me a Successful Professiional Trader (Crypto Trading Secrets) (Volume 2)
- Blockchain: Ultimate guide to understanding blockchain, bitcoin, cryptocurrencies, smart contracts and the future of money.
- Ethereum: The Ultimate Guide to the World of Ethereum, Ethereum Mining, Ethereum Investing, Smart Contracts, Dapps and DAOs, Ether, Blockchain Technology
- CRYPTOCURRENCY: The Complete Basics Guide For Beginners. Bitcoin, Ethereum, Litecoin and Altcoins, Trading and Investing, Mining, Secure and Storing, ICO and Future of Blockchain and Cryptocurrencies
|Clean Code: A Handbook of Agile Software Craftsmanship
Lowest new price: $30.00
Lowest used price: $20.00
List price: $49.99
Author: Robert C. Martin
Even bad code can function. But if code isn’t clean, it can bring a development organization to its knees. Every year, countless hours and significant resources are lost because of poorly written code. But it doesn’t have to be that way.
Noted software expert Robert C. Martin presents a revolutionary paradigm with Clean Code: A Handbook of Agile Software Craftsmanship . Martin has teamed up with his colleagues from Object Mentor to distill their best agile practice of cleaning code “on the fly” into a book that will instill within you the values of a software craftsman and make you a better programmer—but only if you work at it.
What kind of work will you be doing? You’ll be reading code—lots of code. And you will be challenged to think about what’s right about that code, and what’s wrong with it. More importantly, you will be challenged to reassess your professional values and your commitment to your craft.
Clean Code is divided into three parts. The first describes the principles, patterns, and practices of writing clean code. The second part consists of several case studies of increasing complexity. Each case study is an exercise in cleaning up code—of transforming a code base that has some problems into one that is sound and efficient. The third part is the payoff: a single chapter containing a list of heuristics and “smells” gathered while creating the case studies. The result is a knowledge base that describes the way we think when we write, read, and clean code.
Readers will come away from this book understanding
This book is a must for any developer, software engineer, project manager, team lead, or systems analyst with an interest in producing better code.
- How to tell the difference between good and bad code
- How to write good code and how to transform bad code into good code
- How to create good names, good functions, good objects, and good classes
- How to format code for maximum readability
- How to implement complete error handling without obscuring code logic
- How to unit test and practice test-driven development
|Starting Out with Python (4th Edition)
Lowest new price: $100.76
Lowest used price: $94.98
List price: $129.00
Author: Tony Gaddis
For courses in Python programming.
A clear and student-friendly introduction to the fundamentals of Python
In Starting Out with Python®, 4th Edition, Tony Gaddis’ accessible coverage introduces students to the basics of programming in a high level language. Python, an easy-to-learn and increasingly popular object-oriented language, allows readers to become comfortable with the fundamentals of programming without the troublesome syntax that can be challenging for novices. With the knowledge acquired using Python, students gain confidence in their skills and learn to recognize the logic behind developing high-quality programs. Starting Out with Python discusses control structures, functions, arrays, and pointers before objects and classes. As with all Gaddis texts, clear and easy-to-read code listings, concise and practical real-world examples, focused explanations, and an abundance of exercises appear in every chapter. Updates to the 4th Edition include revised, improved problems throughout, and new Turtle Graphics sections that provide flexibility as assignable, optional material.
Also Available with MyLab Programming.
MyLab™ Programming is an online learning system designed to engage students and improve results. MyLab Programming consists of programming exercises correlated to the concepts and objectives in this book. Through practice exercises and immediate, personalized feedback, MyLab Programming improves the programming competence of beginning students who often struggle with the basic concepts of programming languages.
Note: You are purchasing a standalone product; MyLab Programming does not come packaged with this content. Students, if interested in purchasing this title with MyLab Programming, ask your instructor for the correct package ISBN and Course ID. Instructors, contact your Pearson representative for more information.
If you would like to purchase both the physical text and MyLab Programming, search for:
0134543661 / 9780134543666 Starting Out with Python Plus MyLab Programming with Pearson eText -- Access Card Package, 4/e
Package consists of:
- 0134444329 / 9780134444321 Starting Out with Python
- 0134484967 / 9780134484969 MyLab Programming with Pearson eText -- Access Code Card -- for Starting Out with Python
Students can use the URL and phone number below to help answer their questions:
|Slow Cooker Cookbook: 500 Healthy, Quick & Easy Recipes for Your Slow Cooker
Lowest new price: $8.00
Lowest used price: $11.82
List price: $10.99
Author: Roy Fisher
The slow cooker is the kitchen tool that can help you to cook healthy food in an easy way.
The method of cooking in the slow cooker is rather easy - to prepare any dish, it's enough to simply dip the food into a container, close the lid of the device and select the appropriate mode. The slow cooker is completely safe that is why you can leave it during cooking and do any other things.
This special kitchen tool allows you to prepare any food that needs long-term extinguishing - such as meat, poultry, roasts, stuffed peppers, cereals, etc. Using the slow cooker for the cooking you will save all the useful properties of the prepared dish.
To help you benefit from your slow cooker we gathered 500 Top Slow Cooker Recipes under a single cover. Inside you will find recipes for:
- Fish and Seafood
And even more:
- Prep time, cooking time, list of ingredients accompanies each recipe
- Nutritional info per serving
- Clear easy to follow steps in each recipe
- Recipes apply to any level of experience in cooking
Get your copy now!
|Excel 2016 All-in-One For Dummies
Lowest new price: $15.19
Lowest used price: $19.54
List price: $39.99
Author: Greg Harvey
Brand: Greg Harvey
Your one-stop guide to all things Excel 2016
Excel 2016 All-in-One For Dummies, the most comprehensive Excel reference on the market, is completely updated to reflect Microsoft's changes in the popular spreadsheet tool. It offers you everything you need to grasp basic Excel functions, such as creating and editing worksheets, setting up formulas, importing data, performing statistical functions, editing macros with Visual Basic—and beyond. In no time, your Excel skills will go from 'meh' to excellent.
Written by expert Greg Harvey, who has sold more than 4.5 million copies of his previous books combined and has taught and trained extensively in Microsoft Excel, this all-encompassing guide offers everything you need to get started with Excel. From generating pivot tables and performing financial functions to performing error trapping and building and running macros—and everything in between—this hands-on, friendly guide makes working with Excel easier than ever before.
- Serves as the ideal reference for solving common questions and Excel pain points quickly and easily
- Helps to increase productivity and efficiency when working in Excel
- Fully updated for the new version of Excel
- Covers basic and more advanced Excel topics
If working in Excel occasionally makes you want to scream, this will be the dog-eared, dust-free reference you'll turn to again and again.
- Excel 2016 All In One for Dummies
|Web Development and Design Foundations with HTML5 (8th Edition)
Lowest new price: $103.27
Lowest used price: $64.96
List price: $132.20
Author: Terry Felke-Morris
Brand: Felke Morris Terry
For courses in web development and design.
A Comprehensive, Well-Rounded Intro to Web Development and Design
- Web Development and Design Foundations with HTML5
|Thinking with Type, 2nd revised and expanded edition: A Critical Guide for Designers, Writers, Editors, & Students
Lowest new price: $10.06
Lowest used price: $8.00
List price: $24.95
Author: Ellen Lupton
Brand: Lupton, Ellen
Our all time best selling book is now available in a revised and expanded second edition. Thinking with Type is the definitive guide to using typography in visual communication, from the printed page to the computer screen. This revised edition includes forty-eight pages of new content, including the latest information on style sheets for print and the web, the use of ornaments and captions, lining and non-lining numerals, the use of small caps and enlarged capitals, as well as information on captions, font licensing, mixing typefaces, and hand lettering. Throughout the book, visual examples show how to be inventive within systems of typographic form—what the rules are and how to break them. Thinking with Type is a type book for everyone: designers, writers, editors, students, and anyone else who works with words. The popular online companion to Thinking with Type (www.thinkingwithtype.com) has been revised to reflect the new material in the second edition.
- Thinking with Type A Critical Guide for Designers Writers Editors and Students
|Management Information Systems: Managing the Digital Firm (15th Edition)
Lowest new price: $143.30
Lowest used price: $136.20
List price: $290.60
Author: Kenneth C. Laudon
For courses in Management Information Systems (MIS)
The authoritative, case-based view into how businesses leverage information systems
Kenneth and Jane Laudon’s popular Management Information Systems: Managing the Digital Firm continues to define the way MIS courses are taught. Designed for business students, the text provides insight into how contemporary businesses leverage information technologies and systems to achieve corporate objectives. The new edition provides the most up-to-date and comprehensive overview of information systems used by businesses today, including all-new real-world cases and discussion of significant contemporary topics, from big data and the Internet of Things (IoT) to machine learning and DevOps.
Featuring comprehensive coverage of new technologies and applications, while also considering their impact on business models and decision-making, Management Information Systems enhances learning through vivid examples designed to capture the imaginations of all students. As they build sought-after skills for the modern workplace, students will learn to lead management discussions and drive decisions about their firm’s information systems.
Also available with MyLab MIS
MyLabTM MIS is an online homework, tutorial, and assessment program designed to work with this text to engage students and improve results. Within its structured environment, students practice what they learn, test their understanding, and pursue a personalized study plan that helps them better absorb course material and understand difficult concepts.
Note: You are purchasing a standalone product; MyLab does not come packaged with this content. Students, if interested in purchasing this title with MyLab, ask your instructor for the correct package ISBN and Course ID. Instructors, contact your Pearson representative for more information.
If you would like to purchase both the physical text and MyLab, search for:
013474599X / 9780134745992 Management Information Systems: Managing the Digital Firm Plus MyLab MIS with Pearson eText -- Access Card Package, 15/e
Package consists of:
0134639715 / 9780134639710 Management Information Systems: Managing the Digital Firm
0134639995 / 9780134639994 MyLab MIS with Pearson eText -- Access Card -- for Management Information Systems: Managing the Digital Firm
|Modern Database Management (12th Edition)
Lowest new price: $206.70
Lowest used price: $103.00
List price: $264.60
Author: Jeffrey A. Hoffer
Provide the latest information in database development
Focusing on what leading database practitioners say are the most important aspects to database development, Modern Database Management presents sound pedagogy, and topics that are critical for the practical success of database professionals. The Twelfth Edition further facilitates learning with illustrations that clarify important concepts and new media resources that make some of the more challenging material more engaging. Also included are general updates and expanded material in the areas undergoing rapid change due to improved managerial practices, database design tools and methodologies, and database technology.
Page 5 of 45583
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED AS IS AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.