|Browse by Catagory:
Civil Rights & Liberties
War & Peace
Cajun & Creole Cooking
Caribbean & West Indian Cooking
Diabetic & Sugar-Free Cooking
Low Fat Cooking
Middle Eastern Cooking
Pacific Rim Cooking
Home & Garden
Literature & Fiction
Sheet Music & Scores
Environmental & Natural Resources Law
Ethics & Professional Responsibility
Procedures & Litigation
Water Supply & Land Use
Lawyer and Crimal Humor
Outdoors & Nature
Hiking & Camping
Hunting & Fishing
Beer & Beer Making
Health & Fitness
Diets & Weight Loss
Children's Science & Nature
Vitamins & Supplements
Psychology and Counseling
Philosophy of Psychology
Physiological Aspects of Psychology
Psychology of Sexuality
Psychology Testing & Measurement
Chaos & Systems
Geometry & Topology
Logic & Brain Teasers
Chaos & Systems
Geometry & Topology
Probability & Statistics
Experiments, Instruments & Measurement
Chaos & Systems
Fusion & Fission
Nuclear Magnetic Resonance
Waves & Wave Mechanics
Administration & Policy
Allied Health Professions
Medical Education & Training
Endocrinology & Metabolism
Physician & Patient
Insects & Spiders
Fish & Aquariums
Mobile & Wireless Computing: Programming
Linux Kernel & Peripherals
Linux Networking & Administration
State & Local History
Sci Fi Calendars
Bujold, Lois McMaster
Card, Orson Scott
Chalker, Jack L.
Heinlein, Robert A.
McKillip, Patricia A.
Nye, Jody Lynn
|Don't Make Me Think, Revisited: A Common Sense Approach to Web Usability (3rd Edition) (Voices That Matter)
Lowest new price: $24.25
Lowest used price: $17.50
List price: $45.00
Author: Steve Krug
Brand: New Riders Publishing
Since Don’t Make Me Think was first published in 2000, hundreds of thousands of Web designers and developers have relied on usability guru Steve Krug’s guide to help them understand the principles of intuitive navigation and information design. Witty, commonsensical, and eminently practical, it’s one of the best-loved and most recommended books on the subject.
Now Steve returns with fresh perspective to reexamine the principles that made Don’t Make Me Think a classic–with updated examples and a new chapter on mobile usability. And it’s still short, profusely illustrated…and best of all–fun to read.
If you’ve read it before, you’ll rediscover what made Don’t Make Me Think so essential to Web designers and developers around the world. If you’ve never read it, you’ll see why so many people have said it should be required reading for anyone working on Web sites.
“After reading it over a couple of hours and putting its ideas to work for the past five years, I can say it has done more to improve my abilities as a Web designer than any other book.”
–Jeffrey Zeldman, author of Designing with Web Standards
|Advances in Financial Machine Learning
Lowest new price: $28.77
Lowest used price: $28.69
List price: $50.00
Author: Marcos Lopez de Prado
Machine learning (ML) is changing virtually every aspect of our lives. Today ML algorithms accomplish tasks that until recently only expert humans could perform. As it relates to finance, this is the most exciting time to adopt a disruptive technology that will transform how everyone invests for generations. Readers will learn how to structure Big data in a way that is amenable to ML algorithms; how to conduct research with ML algorithms on that data; how to use supercomputing methods; how to backtest your discoveries while avoiding false positives. The book addresses real-life problems faced by practitioners on a daily basis, and explains scientifically sound solutions using math, supported by code and examples. Readers become active users who can test the proposed solutions in their particular setting. Written by a recognized expert and portfolio manager, this book will equip investment professionals with the groundbreaking tools needed to succeed in modern finance.
|QuickBooks 2018 For Dummies (For Dummies (Computer/Tech))
Lowest new price: $16.21
Lowest used price: $16.59
List price: $26.99
Author: Stephen L. Nelson
The perennial bestseller—now in a new edition for QuickBooks 2018
QuickBooks 2018 For Dummies is here to make it easier than ever to familiarize yourself with the latest version of the software. It shows you step by step how to build the perfect budget, simplify tax return preparation, manage inventory, track job costs, generate income statements and financial reports, and every other accounting-related task that crosses your desk at work.
Written by highly qualified CPA Stephen L. Nelson, this trusted bestseller shows you how to get the most out of the software that helps over six million small businesses manage their finances. Removing the need to hire expensive financial professionals, it empowers you to take your small business' finances into your own hands.
- Handle your financial and business management tasks more effectively
- Implement QuickBooks and get the most out of its features
- Create invoices and credit memos with ease
- Pay bills, prepare payroll, and record sales receipts
If you're a small business owner, manager, or employee who utilizes QuickBooks at work, this bestselling guide has answers for all of your business accounting needs.
|AWS Certified Solutions Architect Official Study Guide: Associate Exam
Lowest new price: $25.77
Lowest used price: $27.91
List price: $60.00
Author: Joe Baron
Validate your AWS skills.
This is your opportunity to take the next step in your career by expanding and validating your skills on the AWS cloud. AWS has been the frontrunner in cloud computing products and services, and the AWS Certified Solutions Architect Official Study Guide for the Associate exam will get you fully prepared through expert content, and real-world knowledge, key exam essentials, chapter review questions, access to Sybex’s interactive online learning environment, and much more. This official study guide, written by AWS experts, covers exam concepts, and provides key review on exam topics, including:
- Mapping Multi-Tier Architectures to AWS Services, such as web/app servers, firewalls, caches and load balancers
- Understanding managed RDBMS through AWS RDS (MySQL, Oracle, SQL Server, Postgres, Aurora)
- Understanding Loose Coupling and Stateless Systems
- Comparing Different Consistency Models in AWS Services
- Understanding how AWS CloudFront can make your application more cost efficient, faster and secure
- Implementing Route tables, Access Control Lists, Firewalls, NAT, and DNS
- Applying AWS Security Features along with traditional Information and Application Security
- Using Compute, Networking, Storage, and Database AWS services
- Architecting Large Scale Distributed Systems
- Understanding of Elasticity and Scalability Concepts
- Understanding of Network Technologies Relating to AWS
- Deploying and Managing Services with tools such as CloudFormation, OpsWorks and Elastic Beanstalk.
Learn from the AWS subject-matter experts, review with proven study tools, and apply real-world scenarios. If you are looking to take the AWS Certified Solutions Architect Associate exam, this guide is what you need for comprehensive content and robust study tools that will help you gain the edge on exam day and throughout your career.
|The Elements of Statistical Learning: Data Mining, Inference, and Prediction, Second Edition (Springer Series in Statistics)
Lowest new price: $63.24
Lowest used price: $59.00
List price: $89.95
Author: Trevor Hastie
This book describes the important ideas in a variety of fields such as medicine, biology, finance, and marketing in a common conceptual framework. While the approach is statistical, the emphasis is on concepts rather than mathematics. Many examples are given, with a liberal use of colour graphics. It is a valuable resource for statisticians and anyone interested in data mining in science or industry. The book's coverage is broad, from supervised learning (prediction) to unsupervised learning. The many topics include neural networks, support vector machines, classification trees and boosting---the first comprehensive treatment of this topic in any book.
This major new edition features many topics not covered in the original, including graphical models, random forests, ensemble methods, least angle regression & path algorithms for the lasso, non-negative matrix factorisation, and spectral clustering. There is also a chapter on methods for "wide'' data (p bigger than n), including multiple testing and false discovery rates.
|Excel 2016 Bible
Lowest new price: $22.48
Lowest used price: $20.00
List price: $54.99
Author: John Walkenbach
The complete guide to Excel 2016, from Mr. Spreadsheet himself
Whether you are just starting out or an Excel novice, the Excel 2016 Bible is your comprehensive, go-to guide for all your Excel 2016 needs. Whether you use Excel at work or at home, you will be guided through the powerful new features and capabilities by expert author and Excel Guru John Walkenbach to take full advantage of what the updated version offers. Learn to incorporate templates, implement formulas, create pivot tables, analyze data, and much more.
Navigate this powerful tool for business, home management, technical work, and much more with the only resource you need, Excel 2016 Bible.
- Create functional spreadsheets that work
- Master formulas, formatting, pivot tables, and more
- Get acquainted with Excel 2016's new features and tools
- Customize downloadable templates and worksheets
Whether you need a walkthrough tutorial or an easy-to-navigate desk reference, the Excel 2016 Bible has you covered with complete coverage and clear expert guidance.
|First Little Readers Parent Pack: Guided Reading Level C: 25 Irresistible Books That Are Just the Right Level for Beginning Readers
Lowest new price: $10.54
Lowest used price: $9.83
List price: $17.99
Author: Liza Charlesworth
Brand: Scholastic Teaching Resources
Jumpstart reading success with this big collection motivating storybooks correlated with Guided Reading Level C. Most pages of these full-color storybooks feature just two or three lines of simple, repetitive text to help children learn to read with ease and confidence. Includes a tip-filled parent guide. A great value!
1. The Pie that Jack Made
2. Funny Foods
3. Round the Clown
4. Follow that Cat!
5. Counting Bugs
6. Lunch Crunch
7. Bubble Shapes
8. All About Dinosaurs
9. Make a Pizza
10. This Little Piggy
11. Tail Tale
12. Eight Arms are Great
13. Bat Facts
14. Snow Tracks
15. Lots of Legs
16. Polka-a-Dot World
17. The Teeny Tiny Man
18. Giant Friends
19. Hot Dog, Hot Dog
20. Squares are Everywhere
22. Shadow Guessing Game
23. Monkey Business
24. Draw a Pig
25. Clay Play For use with Grades PreK-2.
- Book, Book Set, Reader's Book Set
- Literature Kits
|Super Mario Encyclopedia Limited Edition
Lowest new price: $71.99
List price: $79.99
This limited edition comes with an embossed slipcase specially designed to look like the iconic Super Mario Question Mark Block! Inside, you'll find one of four covers--Super Mushroom, Fire Flower, Super Star, or 1-Up Mushroom--each accentuated with shimmering holofoil! The book also includes a ribbon bookmark, printed with the original beanstalk design from Super Mario Bros., and a sky-and-cloud design printed along the pages' edge.
* Buyers will receive one of four covers, chosen randomly (Super Mushroom, Fire Flower, Super Star, or 1-Up Mushroom), each in the "Question Mark Block" slipcase.
* Specific cover image cannot be requested or guaranteed.
* Each cover variant is printed in equal quantities.<
Super Mario Encyclopediais jam-packed with content from all seventeen Super Mario games--from the original Super Mario Bros. to Super Mario 3D World. Track the evolution of the Goomba, witness the introduction of Yoshi, and relive your favorite levels. This tome also contains an interview with producer Takashi Tezuka, tips to help you find every coin, star, sun, and mushroom--even explanations of glitches! With information on enemies, items, obstacles, and worlds from over thirty years of Mario, Super Mario Encyclopedia is the definitive resource for everything Super Mario!
|The Personal Internet Address & Password Log Book
Lowest new price: $5.54
Lowest used price: $5.46
List price: $7.95
Author: Peter Pauper Press
Brand: Peter Pauper Press
Are you tired of losing track of those login/usernames and passwords you create every time you visit a new website? Now you can keep important website addresses, usernames, and passwords in one convenient place!
- Lots of space: 144 pages, including tabbed alphabetical pages
- Plenty of room for all those Web site addresses, usernames, passwords, and additional notes
- A spiral binding that allows pages to lie flat for ease of use
- Handy elastic band closure
- Pages in the back on which to record additional useful information, such as your home network configuration, software license numbers, and other notes
- Removable label and discreet cover design
- 4-1/4'' wide x 5-3/4'' high
- The Personal Internet Address Password Organizer
|Tony Northrup's DSLR Book: How to Create Stunning Digital Photography
Lowest new price: $16.98
Lowest used price: $11.67
List price: $24.99
Author: Tony Northrup
Brand: Tony Northrup
Stunning Digital Photography is much more than a book; it's a hands-on, self-paced photography class with over 12 hours of online training videos and free help from the author and other readers. That's why award-winning author and photographer Tony Northrup's book is the #1 photography e-book with over 100,000 readers.
This book gives you five innovations no other book offers:
1) Free video training. Watch over 12 hours of fast-paced, hands-on video tutorials integrated into the book to support and reinforce the lessons. View the videos using any web browser or by scanning QR codes with your smartphone.
2) Hands-on practices. Complete the practices at the end of every chapter to get the real world experience you need.
3) Practice quizzes. At the end of Chapters 2-13 you have the option of taking an online quiz to apply what you learned in the chapter and make sure you didn't miss anything important.
4) Classroom support. Join an author led private community of supportive, helpful people who also want to improve their photography.
5) Free ebook with lifetime updates. When you buy the book and join the private Stunning Digital Photography readers community, you can download the ebook and copy it to your smartphone or ereader for easy reference. The ebook is regularly updated with new content and videos as new photography trends and equipment emerge, so it never becomes outdated.
In this book, beginner photographers will master:
* Using composition to take great photos with any camera
* Adjusting exposure to control the brightness of your photos
* Setting your shutter speed to freeze action or blur motion
* Controlling your aperture to blur or focus the background
* Setting your ISO for bright and dark environments
* Finding beautiful natural light for landscapes and portraits
* Using flash without the ugly effects
* Troubleshooting blurry, dark, and bad pictures
* Taking great pictures of pets
* Wildlife photography (mammals, birds, insects, fish, and more)
* Taking pictures at night, including fireworks, stars, and meteors
* Photographing sunrises, sunsets, landscapes, cityscapes, flowers, forests, waterfalls, rivers, fireworks, and more
Advanced photographers can skip forward to learn the pro's secrets for:
* Posing men and women, with checklists
* Taking candid, casual, formal, and underwater portraits
* Using RAW files
* Using HDR to overcome lighting challenges or create art
* Macro/close-up photography
* Using diffusers, reflectors, and other light modifiers
* Remotely triggering multiple flashes for inexpensive studio lighting
* Building a permanent studio in your home
* Using studio lighting on any budget
* Shooting your first wedding
* High speed photography
* Location scouting/finding the best spots and times
* Planning shoots around the sun and moon
* Creating star trails using two techniques: long exposure and image stacking
* Light painting
* Eliminating noise
* Focus stacking for infinite depth-of-field
* Underwater photography
* Getting close to wildlife
* Using electronic shutter triggers
- Tony Northrup s Dslr Book
- Adobe Lightroom 6 / CC Video Book: Training for Photographers
- Understanding Exposure, Fourth Edition: How to Shoot Great Photographs with Any Camera
- Tony Northrup's Photography Buying Guide: How to Choose a Camera, Lens, Tripod, Flash, & More (Tony Northrup's Photography Books) (Volume 2)
- Photoshop CC Essentials for Photographers: Chelsea & Tony Northrup's Video Book
- Learning to See Creatively, Third Edition: Design, Color, and Composition in Photography
- Digital Photography Complete Course
- Adobe Lightroom Classic CC Video Book
- Mastering Aperture, Shutter Speed, ISO and Exposure: How They Interact and Affect Each Other
- The Digital Photography Book: Part 1 (2nd Edition)
- SanDisk Extreme Pro 64GB SDXC UHS-I Memory Card (SDSDXXG-064G-GN4IN)
Page 5 of 4067
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED AS IS AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.