|Browse by Catagory:
Civil Rights & Liberties
War & Peace
Cajun & Creole Cooking
Caribbean & West Indian Cooking
Diabetic & Sugar-Free Cooking
Low Fat Cooking
Middle Eastern Cooking
Pacific Rim Cooking
Home & Garden
Literature & Fiction
Sheet Music & Scores
Environmental & Natural Resources Law
Ethics & Professional Responsibility
Procedures & Litigation
Water Supply & Land Use
Lawyer and Crimal Humor
Outdoors & Nature
Hiking & Camping
Hunting & Fishing
Beer & Beer Making
Health & Fitness
Diets & Weight Loss
Children's Science & Nature
Vitamins & Supplements
Psychology and Counseling
Philosophy of Psychology
Physiological Aspects of Psychology
Psychology of Sexuality
Psychology Testing & Measurement
Chaos & Systems
Geometry & Topology
Logic & Brain Teasers
Chaos & Systems
Geometry & Topology
Probability & Statistics
Experiments, Instruments & Measurement
Chaos & Systems
Fusion & Fission
Nuclear Magnetic Resonance
Waves & Wave Mechanics
Administration & Policy
Allied Health Professions
Medical Education & Training
Endocrinology & Metabolism
Physician & Patient
Insects & Spiders
Fish & Aquariums
Mobile & Wireless Computing: Programming
Linux Kernel & Peripherals
Linux Networking & Administration
State & Local History
Sci Fi Calendars
Bujold, Lois McMaster
Card, Orson Scott
Chalker, Jack L.
Heinlein, Robert A.
McKillip, Patricia A.
Nye, Jody Lynn
|Crusoe, the Worldly Wiener Dog: Further Adventures with the Celebrity Dachshund
Lowest new price: $12.91
List price: $18.99
Author: Ryan Beauchesne
The New York Times bestselling, popular blogger, internet sensation Crusoe, the Celebrity Dachshund returns with a beautiful and whimsical book full of heartwarming and goofy photographs of his around the world travels in Crusoe, the Worldly Wiener Dog.
Join the photogenic Crusoe as he leaves fame and fortune behind to expand his horizons, get his passport stamped, and journey across the globe to eat delicious food, relax on beautiful beaches, dig lots of holes, and generally enjoy all that celebrity travel has to offer. You'll also get to see a little of his "staycations" and life at home between travels.
Jet-setting is what dachshunds do best. From Switzerland’s Alps and Mexico’s Mayan temples to Italy’s seaside villages and France’s Eiffel Tower―as well as various locales throughout the U.S. and Canada―Crusoe shares his wit and wisdom on appreciating culture, fine wine, and haute cuisine, always dressing for the occasion, and maybe learning a thing or two about what really matters most in life along the way.
In hundreds of brilliant color photographs, see the charming and charismatic mini-doxie embark on such thrilling adventures as…
* Hitting the streets of New York City as The Wiener of Wall Street
* Stalking evildoers as Batdog
* Strolling Hollywood’s Walk of Fame (with his own star)
* Going out on a dinner and movie date with the lovely Paisley
* Digging for fossils at Dinosaur Provincial Park
* Playing doctor and dentist to his sidekick brother, Oakley
* Drinking at the notorious Bar Vitelli, shooting location of The Godfather
* Recovering from back surgery with lots of love and rehabilitating in style
* Tasting a beignet at New Orleans’s famous Café du Monde
* Exploring his German heritage as a “badger dog”―and discovering what wiener schnitzel actually is…
And so much more!
|The Art of Raising a Puppy (Revised Edition)
Lowest new price: $16.00
Lowest used price: $9.22
List price: $27.00
Author: Monks of New Skete
Brand: Piero Lorenzo
For more than thirty years the Monks of New Skete have been among America's most trusted authorities on dog training, canine behavior, and the animal/human bond. In their two now-classic bestsellers, How to be Your Dog's Best Friend and THE ART OF RAISING A PUPPY, the Monks draw on their experience as long-time breeders of German shepherds and as trainers of dogs of all breeds to provide--brilliantly distilled--the indispensable information and advice that every dog owner needs. This new edition of THE ART OF RAISING A PUPPY features new photographs throughout, along with updated chapters on play, crating, adopting dogs from shelters and rescue organizations, raising dogs in an urban environment, and the latest developments in canine health and canine behavioral theory.
|Guide to the Dissection of the Dog
Lowest new price: $62.24
Lowest used price: $69.66
List price: $88.95
Author: Howard E. Evans PhD
Get an up-close look at canine anatomy with the only complete guide to the dissection of the dog. Utilizing detailed descriptions and more than 300 high-quality color anatomic drawings, Guide to the Dissection of the Dog, 8th Edition walks you through how to perform precise canine dissections while developing your understanding of basic mammalian structure and specific canine features. Each chapter offers self-contained guidance on the dissection of a specific body part, allowing you to perform dissections in whatever sequence your choose. Other helpful features include: an emphasis on the anatomical knowledge and terminology from the Nomina Anatomica Veterinaria; a comprehensive list of all figures and tables; and an extensive list of references for further research. In all, this one-of-a-kind canine dissection manual is the resource you need to better understand and review what you are learning in your first-year dissection course.
- The only hands-on canine dissection guide available reinforces the information that you learn in your mandatory first-year dissection course.
- Body part organization follows the order of dissection commonly taught in veterinary schools and enables you to perform dissections in any sequence.
- More than 300 high-quality color anatomic drawings guide each step-by-step dissection procedure.
- Radiographs, CAT scans and MR images appear throughout the text where relevant to help you visualize internal anatomic features that can only be revealed through these diagnostic methods.
- Comprehensive list of tables and figures makes it easy to find key images and information at a glance.
- Detailed descriptions of anatomical structures ensure the most thorough, precise canine dissections.
- Clear and easy-to-follow instructions guide you in properly performing dissection techniques.
- Option of a digital book on Pageburst offers high-resolution illustrations that are directly linked to the text ― letting you search for any text work or anatomic clue and discover any instance of what you want to read more about.
- NEW! High-resolution digital images have been added throughout the book to provide a clinical context for the drawings and to highlight internal anatomic structures with excellent contrast resolution.
- NEW! Additional transverse sections of the brain give you the anatomic knowledge you need to accurately interpret MR images.
- NEW! Updated figure labels and text adhere to the latest Nomina Anatomica Veterinaria.
|Planner July 2018-December 2019: Two Year - Daily Weekly Monthly Calendar Planner | 18 Months July 2018 to December 2019 For Academic Agenda Schedule ... (Academic Planner 2018-2019) (Volume 10)
Lowest new price: $8.99
Lowest used price: $8.55
List price: $8.99
Author: Staci Giron
Monthly and Weekly Action Plan Daily schedule with Note and To-do list 12 month calendar : From July 2018 up to December 2019 One month per each two page spread with unruled daily blocks Weeks run from Monday to Sunday Size 8.5 x 11 inches 206 Pages Premium Matte Finish Cover Design Printed on quality paper Made in the USA
July 2018 - December 2019 Daily Weekly And Monthly Planner
Two year planner for 2018 - 2019 including July 2018 - December 2019 (18 Month Calendar). Each monthly spread contains an overview of the month and a notes section. Weekly spreads include space to write your daily schedule as well as a to-do list. You can see 7 days Start with Monday to Sunday in the couple pages and also see the whole month too. Perfect bound to secure pages for the next two years and beyond.
Perfect for any use. You can use for personal, work, to do list, small diary for note of the day and all purposes. Everyone need to have the best planner since the first of the year.Give it for yourself friends family and co-worker and Have a great year together.
|Zak George's Dog Training Revolution: The Complete Guide to Raising the Perfect Pet with Love
Lowest new price: $8.95
Lowest used price: $7.99
List price: $14.99
Author: Zak George
Brand: Dina Roth Port Zak George
A revolutionary way to raise and train your dog.
Zak George is a new type of dog trainer. A dynamic YouTube star and Animal Planet personality with a fresh approach, Zak helps you tailor training to your dog’s unique traits and energy level—leading to quicker results and a much happier pet.
For the first time, Zak has distilled the information from his hundreds of videos and experience with thousands of dogs into this comprehensive guide that includes:
• Choosing the right pup for you
• Housetraining and basic training
• Handling biting, leash pulling, jumping up, barking, aggression, chewing, and other behavioral issues
• Health care essentials like finding a vet and selecting the right food
• Cool tricks, traveling tips, and activities to enjoy with your dog
• Topics with corresponding videos on Zak’s YouTube channel so you can see his advice in action
Packed with everything you need to know to raise and care for your dog, this book will help you communicate and bond with one another in a way that makes training easier, more rewarding, and—most of all—fun!
- Zak George s Dog Training Revolution The Complete Guide to Raising the Perfect Pet with Love
|Lucky Dog Lessons: Train Your Dog in 7 Days
Lowest new price: $14.16
Lowest used price: $10.02
List price: $27.99
Author: Brandon McMillan
Brand: McMillan Brandon
The celebrity dog trainer and Emmy-winning star of the CBS show Lucky Dog shares his training system to transform any dog—from spoiled purebred puppy to shelter-shocked rescue—into a model companion in just seven days.
Each week on Lucky Dog, Brandon McMillan rescues an untrained, unwanted, "unadoptable" shelter dog. In the days that follow, these dogs undergo a miraculous transformation as they learn to trust McMillan, master his 7 Common Commands, and overcome their behavior problems—ultimately becoming well-mannered pets and even service dogs. With his labor of love complete, McMillan unites each dog with a forever family. Now, in his first book, McMillan shares the knowledge he has gained working with thousands of dogs of every breed and personality to help readers turn their own pets into well-trained Lucky Dog graduates.
Lucky Dog Lessons begins with the basics—building trust, establishing focus and control, and mastering training techniques. From there, McMillan explains his playful, careful, and kind approach to training the 7 Common Commands he teaches every dog: SIT, STAY, DOWN, COME, OFF, HEEL, and NO. Next, McMillan provides solutions to common canine behavior problems, including house training issues, door dashing, chewing, barking, and common mealtime misbehaviors. Lucky Dog Lessons includes easy-to-follow steps, illustrative examples, tried-and-true tips and tricks, and photographs to demonstrate each technique. Throughout the book, McMillan shares inspiring stories about his favorite students and gives fans a behind-the-scenes look at the show and some of his most unique and challenging canine encounters, including some never-before-seen outtakes.
Brandon McMillan believes that no dog is beyond saving, and the loving, positive, successful methods he offers will work wonders with even the most challenging dog. Create the happy pet family you want with Lucky Dog Lessons.
- Lucky Dog Lessons Train Your Dog in 7 Days
|101 Dog Tricks: Step by Step Activities to Engage, Challenge, and Bond with Your Dog
Lowest new price: $3.51
Lowest used price: $2.20
List price: $18.99
Author: Kyra Sundance
Brand: Quayside Publishing
New York Times bestseller. International bestseller with over a half-million copies in print in 18 languages. This beautifully designed book features step-by-step instructions with easy to follow color photos of each step. Each trick is rated with a difficulty rating and prerequisites to get you started quickly. Tips and trouble-shooting boxes cover common problems, while "build-on" ideas suggest more complicated tricks which build on each new skill.
Tricks range from simple ones like Sit, Shake Hands, Fetch, and Roll Over, to extraordinary ones like Tidy Up Your Toys into the Toybox, and Get a Soda from the Fridge. Millions of people have found success with Kyra Sundance's step-by-step techniques and you can too. Trick training will help you bond with your dog and integrate him into your family. Tricks keep him mentally and physically challenged and help to establish paths of communication between you. Many tricks build skills used in dog sports, dog dancing, and dog therapy work. 101 Dog Tricks will inspire you to do more with your dog!
- Quayside Publishing-Quarry Books: 101 Dog Tricks
- Engage Challenge And Bond With Your Dog! Each Trick Is Rated With A Difficulty Rating And Prerequisites To Get You Started Quickly
- This Book Contains Full Color Step-By-Step Photos For 101 Tricks
|How to Raise the Perfect Dog: Through Puppyhood and Beyond
Lowest new price: $4.84
Lowest used price: $1.99
List price: $16.00
Author: Cesar Millan
Brand: Three Rivers Press
From the bestselling author and star of National Geographic Channel's Dog Whisperer, the only resource you’ll need for raising a happy, healthy dog.
For the millions of people every year who consider bringing a puppy into their lives–as well as those who have already brought a dog home–Cesar Millan, the preeminent dog behavior expert, says, "Yes, you can raise the perfect dog!" It all starts with the proper foundation in the early years. Here, Cesar tells you everything you need to know to create the best environment for a well-balanced dog in order to avoid behavior issues in the future, and shows you how to correct the most common behavior issues for young dogs.
Based on Cesar’s own detailed experiences raising individual puppies from some of the most popular breeds, How to Raise the Perfect Dog is like having Cesar right beside you, as your own personal expert, coaching you and your dog from the first day of your life together.
Packed with new information aimed specifically at the particular needs of puppies and adolescents, and written in Cesar's friendly, accessible style, How to Raise the Perfect Dog answers all the most commonly asked questions and guides you towards a loving, satisfying life-long relationship with your best friend.
#1 New York Times bestselling author, Cesar Millan shows you how to raise the perfect dog and prevent behavior issues before they start, including:
• what to expect from each stage of your puppy's development
• quick and easy housebreaking
• the essentials of proper nutrition
• the importance of vaccinating–and of not over-vaccinating
• creating perfect obedience from day one through rules, boundaries, and calm-assertive leadership
• how to avoid the most common mistakes owners make raising puppies and young dogs
• how to correct any issue before it becomes a problem
• unique exercises and play to bring out the best in every breed
- How to Raise the Perfect Dog Through Puppyhood and Beyond
|WeRateDogs 2019 Day-to-Day Calendar
Lowest new price: $14.24
Lowest used price: $20.46
List price: $14.99
Author: Matt Nelson
The WeRateDogs 2019 Day-to-Day Calendar showcases some of the world’s most heroic, over-the-top adorable, exceptionally spectacular doggos. It’s based on the paws-itively pup-ular Twitter feed where dogs always earn stellar ratings of at least eleven out of ten because all dogs are good dogs!
Each page of this calendar includes an amazingly cute or funny photo, plus an entertaining caption—and the pupper’s fabulous rating.
|Training the Best Dog Ever: A 5-Week Program Using the Power of Positive Reinforcement
Lowest new price: $4.04
Lowest used price: $3.21
List price: $15.95
Author: Larry Kay
Brand: Workman Publishing
Training the Best Dog Ever, originally published in hardcover as The Love That Dog Training Program, is a book based on love and kindness. It features a program of positive reinforcement and no-fail techniques that author Dawn Sylvia-Stasiewicz used to train the White House dog, Bo Obama, and each of Senator Ted Kennedy’s dogs, among countless others.
Training the Best Dog Ever relies on trust and treats, not choke collars; on bonding, not leash-yanking or reprimanding. The five-week training program takes only 10 to 20 minutes of practice a day and works both for puppies and for adult dogs that need to be trained out of bad habits. Illustrated with step-by-step photographs, the book covers hand-feeding; crate and potty training; and basic cues—sit, stay, come here—as well as more complex goals, such as bite inhibition and water safety. It shows how to avoid or correct typical behavior problems, including jumping, barking, and leash-pulling. Plus: how to make your dog comfortable in the world—a dog that knows how to behave in a vet’s office, is at ease around strangers, and more. In other words, the best dog ever.
Page 1 of 4696
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED AS IS AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.