|Browse by Catagory:
Civil Rights & Liberties
War & Peace
Cajun & Creole Cooking
Caribbean & West Indian Cooking
Diabetic & Sugar-Free Cooking
Low Fat Cooking
Middle Eastern Cooking
Pacific Rim Cooking
Home & Garden
Literature & Fiction
Sheet Music & Scores
Environmental & Natural Resources Law
Ethics & Professional Responsibility
Procedures & Litigation
Water Supply & Land Use
Lawyer and Crimal Humor
Outdoors & Nature
Hiking & Camping
Hunting & Fishing
Beer & Beer Making
Health & Fitness
Diets & Weight Loss
Children's Science & Nature
Vitamins & Supplements
Psychology and Counseling
Philosophy of Psychology
Physiological Aspects of Psychology
Psychology of Sexuality
Psychology Testing & Measurement
Chaos & Systems
Geometry & Topology
Logic & Brain Teasers
Chaos & Systems
Geometry & Topology
Probability & Statistics
Experiments, Instruments & Measurement
Chaos & Systems
Fusion & Fission
Nuclear Magnetic Resonance
Waves & Wave Mechanics
Administration & Policy
Allied Health Professions
Medical Education & Training
Endocrinology & Metabolism
Physician & Patient
Insects & Spiders
Fish & Aquariums
Mobile & Wireless Computing: Programming
Linux Kernel & Peripherals
Linux Networking & Administration
State & Local History
Sci Fi Calendars
Bujold, Lois McMaster
Card, Orson Scott
Chalker, Jack L.
Heinlein, Robert A.
McKillip, Patricia A.
Nye, Jody Lynn
|Every Dog: A Book of Over 450 Breeds
Lowest new price: $17.06
Lowest used price: $15.00
List price: $24.95
Author: Nancy Hajeski
Brand: Hajeski Nancy J
Every Dog: A Book of Over 450 Breeds packs in a lot of information. Illustrations, text, charts, tables and icons make it an ideal reference for all dog lovers, who will enjoy flipping through the pages.
The over 450 breeds are thoroughly researched and represent canines from around the world. They range from rare breeds for the dog lover that wants something different, to the favorite breeds that make for a reliable choice. There are ancient breeds and modern breeds, including the "designer dogs" that have become so popular in recent years.
The over 450 breeds are organized into various categories, such as type (which share loosely common ancestry and traits), purpose, and more. For example, Spitz-Type Dogs typically have thick and dense fur, pointed ears and muzzles, and puffy tails that curl up and over their rears. They descend from ancient breeds that came from Arctic regions. Spitz dogs include the Akita, Canaan, American Eskimo, and the Pomeranian.
Each breed is described on one page and includes these details:
- English and any alternative names, place of origin and year of first known introduction
- Icons and keys indicating all available coat colors; exercise requirements; graph indicating average weight, height and life expectancies
- At a Glance chart rating Intelligence; Ease of training; Affection; Playfulness; Good guard dogs; Good with children; Good with other dogs; and Grooming required.
- Descriptive text and a brief history of the breed
- Two color photographs, one adult and one puppy.
Every Dog: A Book of Over 450 Breeds is a fabulous reference. In addition to the hundreds of breeds of all type, origin and purpose, the book includes the many designer breeds developed over the last couple of decades, making it undoubtedly the most up to date and detailed breed book currently available.
- Every Dog A Book of Over 450 Breeds
|How to Behave So Your Dog Behaves
Lowest new price: $12.46
Lowest used price: $9.98
List price: $19.95
Author: Dr. Sophia Yin DVM MS
Brand: Brand: TFH Publications, Inc.
Written by one of the leading veterinary behaviorists in the country, this revised and expanded edition of the original bestseller features brand new chapters that provide the most up-to-date science of dog behavior and explains key concepts in clear, straightforward language. How to Behave So Your Dog Behaves takes a scientifically sound yet practical approach to explaining dog behavior and training theory, and then shows you how to apply these concepts so you can train your dog to be well behaved.
- Used Book in Good Condition
|365 Dogs Page-A-Day Calendar 2019
Lowest new price: $8.05
Lowest used price: $9.67
List price: $14.99
Author: Workman Publishing
Meet the playful, mischievous, and lovable winners of the 2019 Dog Calendar Contest! 365 DOGS is the beloved calendar with season after season of sweet pups: Silver-eyed Siberian Huskies, athletic Greyhounds, fluffy Yorkshire Terriers, mutts of all kinds, and lesser-known breeds like the adorable Mi-Ki. Here is a pretty Pitbull rescue, playfully gnawing a ball. A celebratory Golden Retriever in a party hat. A Pomeranian frolicking in a flower field. Plus, fun facts and quotes from dog lovers throughout!
- THE YEAR OF THE DOG - Now you can enjoy playful, mischievous, and lovable canines every day of the year with the 365 Dogs Page-A-Day 2019 Calendar.
- PACKED WITH USEFUL INFO - Stand-up calendar features full-color photos and bios of the winners of the 2019 Dog Calendar Contest, and is sprinkled with fascinating dog facts and Fido-loving quotes.
- DAILY DOSE OF CUTE - Keep this adorable calendar on your desk, table top, bed side table or a mantle to revel in the playful glory of the featured puppies. Enjoy sweet rescues, mutts of all kinds and lesser-known breeds.
- AWESOME GIFT - 365 Dogs is the original best selling dog calendar, and makes a great birthday or holiday present for any dog lover. For the Cat version, search "365 Cats Page-A-Day Calendar 2019 - Daily Photos, Facts and Quotes".
- DETAILS - Calendar includes 313 tear-off pages (with weekends combined on one page each week). Measures 6"H x 6"W.
|Burning Ridge: A Timber Creek K-9 Mystery (Timber Creek K-9 Mysteries)
Lowest new price: $17.68
Lowest used price: $13.18
List price: $26.99
Author: Margaret Mizushima
Featuring Mattie Cobb and her K-9 police dog partner Robo, Burning Ridge by critically acclaimed author Margaret Mizushima is just the treat for fans of Alex Kava.
On a rugged Colorado mountain ridge, Mattie Cobb and her police dog partner Robo make a grisly discovery―and become the targets of a ruthless killer.
Colorado’s Redstone Ridge is a place of extraordinary beauty, but this rugged mountain wilderness harbors a horrifying secret. When a charred body is discovered in a shallow grave on the ridge, officer Mattie Cobb and her K-9 partner Robo are called in to spearhead the investigation. But this is no ordinary crime―and it soon becomes clear that Mattie has a close personal connection to the dead man.
Joined by local veterinarian Cole Walker, the pair scours the mountaintop for evidence and makes another gruesome discovery: the skeletonized remains of two adults and a child. And then, the unthinkable happens. Could Mattie become the next victim in the murderer’s deadly game?
A deranged killer torments Mattie with a litany of dark secrets that call into question her very identity. As a towering blaze races across the ridge, Cole and Robo search desperately for her―but time is running out in Margaret Mizushima’s fourth spine-tingling Timber Creek K-9 mystery, Burning Ridge.
|Be the Pack Leader: Use Cesar's Way to Transform Your Dog . . . and Your Life
Lowest new price: $2.70
Lowest used price: $0.97
List price: $16.00
Author: Cesar Millan
Brand: Random House
The New York Times bestseller!
Be the Pack Leader is Cesar Millan’s guide for taking your relationship with your dog to a higher level. By developing the skills necessary to become the calm-assertive owner your dog needs in order for him to live a balanced, fulfilled life, you’ll improve your dog’s behavior and your own life as well.
Be the Pack Leader is filled with practical tips and techniques, including:
• How to use calm-assertive energy in relating to your dog—and to others around you
• The truth about behavioral tools, from leashes and harnesses to clickers and e-collars
• How to satisfy the needs of your dog’s breed
• Success stories from Cesar’s clients, viewers, and fans—including the Grogan family of Marley & Me fame
• A quick reference guide of specific, step-by-step procedures to tackling some of the most common dog behavior problems
“[Cesar] arrives amid chaos and leaves behind peace.”
—Malcolm Gladwell, The New Yorker
“[Millan is] serene and mesmerizing. . . . He deserves a cape and a mask.”
—New York Times
|Family Dog: A Simple and Time-Proven Method
Lowest new price: $15.00
Lowest used price: $7.26
List price: $28.00
Author: Richard A. Wolters
Brand: Dutton Books
The bestselling dog training manual that will give you the perfect family pet—from the author of Water Dog.
This time-proven guide by legendary trainer Richard A. Wolters offers a step-by-step method for completely training your dog, regardless of breed or age—in just sixteen weeks. Whether you’re six or sixty, you can learn to train your dog quickly and effectively—taking only minutes a day.
In Family Dog, you’ll discover:
• How to choose the right dog for your family and lifestyle
• The fundamentals of training—from housebreaking to basic commands to teaching tricks
• The key to your dog's healthy mental development
• The benefits of play and relaxation
• How to guide your dog through his first critical growth periods
• Talking with your dog—it's not what you say but how you say it
• Children and dogs—learning to take responsibility
• Tips on grooming
• The best dog diet in the world
• First-aid and medical advice
• And much more...
Fully illustrated with more than 200 photographs that take you systematically through every phase of training, Family Dog will take the frustration out of dog training to give you the pet you’ve always wanted.
|Gun Dog: Revolutionary Rapid Training Method
Lowest new price: $14.93
Lowest used price: $4.82
List price: $28.00
Author: Richard A. Wolters
The guide to training the perfect hunting partner for the man who wants a gun dog fast and wants to train it himself—from the author of Game Dog.
This time-proven guide by legendary trainer Richard A. Wolters offers a step-by-step method for completely training your dog. It is the first book for the upland bird hunter that teaches the hunting commands with the use of training tools, making training easier for you and your dog.
Written with scientific information on the mental development of a dog, Gun Dog shows the complete training procedures step by step in picture sequences. It will show you how to achieve every hunter's ideal: an animal that will double as a disciplined hunting dog and beloved family pet.
“Gun Dog is one of the most valuable, probably THE most valuable, training tools the average amateur could have.”—Sports Afield
|How to Housebreak Your Dog in 7 Days (Revised)
Lowest new price: $3.76
Lowest used price: $0.25
List price: $9.99
Author: Shirlee Kalstone
For almost twenty years, dog owners have turned to this compact guide for sensible, step-by-step advice how to housebreak their beloved pets--in just one week! Now revised and updated, pet expert Shirlee Kalstone's foolproof method for housebreaking your dog is available with a fresh new look and up-to-date information.
Whether your dog is a puppy or getting on in years, whether your goal is to housebreak, paper train, or litter train, this practical, easy-to-follow plan will help you transform your pet into a dependable member of the household--in a way that works with both his innate behavioral instincts and your individual lifestyle. You'll never again have to worry about your dog acting out, feeling anxious or depressed--or ruining your brand-new rug--as you discover:
* The simple secret of successful housebreaking--understanding your dog as a den dweller
* Step-by-step programs tailored to both apartment dwellers and home owners, as well as to people who go to work, versus those who are home all day
* Schedules for training puppies and (re)training adult dogs
* How to identify your dog's natural behavioral rhythms--and use them to your advantage
* How to cope with housebreaking lapses, marking territory, separation anxiety, and health problems
* The power of praise and positive reinforcement, not punishment
Including sample schedules and timetables, and a list of related resources and websites, here is the essential, proven advice that will make training a pleasure, for both you and your dog.
|The Beginner's Guide to Dog Agility
Lowest new price: $10.45
Lowest used price: $2.15
List price: $18.95
Author: Laurie Leach
Brand: T.F.H. Publications
Training your dog (and yourself) for agility competitions will create a fun working relationship that both of you can enjoy. Find everything you need top know in this fun guide that includes information on pre-agility training , detailed advice on correction-free training and step-by step agility training techniques. Also learn how to make your own agility obstacles use a clicker as a motivational tool, and officially enter agility trials. Participation in agility competitions can build a strong, enduring bond between you and your dog, Read The Beginners Guide to Dog Agility to learn the ins and outs of this exciting hobby.
Lowest new price: $5.35
Lowest used price: $1.70
List price: $21.00
Author: Seth Casteel
Brand: Little, Brown and Company
The exuberant, exhilarating photographs of dogs underwater that have become a sensation
From the water's surface, it's a simple exercise: a dog's leap, a splash, and then a wet head surfacing with a ball, triumphant.
But beneath the water is a chaotic ballet of bared teeth and bubbles, paddling paws, fur and ears billowing in the currents. From leaping Lab to diving Dachshund, the water is where a dog's distinct personality shines through; some lounge in the current, paddling slowly, but others arch their bodies to cut through the water with the focus and determination of a shark.
In more than eighty portraits, award-winning pet photographer and animal rights activist Seth Casteel captures new sides of our old friends with vibrant underwater photography that makes it impossible to look away. Each image bubbles with exuberance and life, a striking reminder that even in the most loveable and domesticated dog, there are more primal forces at work. In Underwater Dogs, Seth Casteel gives playful and energetic testament to the rough-and-tumble joy that our dogs bring into our lives.
Page 4 of 4689
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED AS IS AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.