|Browse by Catagory:
Civil Rights & Liberties
War & Peace
Cajun & Creole Cooking
Caribbean & West Indian Cooking
Diabetic & Sugar-Free Cooking
Low Fat Cooking
Middle Eastern Cooking
Pacific Rim Cooking
Home & Garden
Literature & Fiction
Sheet Music & Scores
Environmental & Natural Resources Law
Ethics & Professional Responsibility
Procedures & Litigation
Water Supply & Land Use
Lawyer and Crimal Humor
Outdoors & Nature
Hiking & Camping
Hunting & Fishing
Beer & Beer Making
Health & Fitness
Diets & Weight Loss
Children's Science & Nature
Vitamins & Supplements
Psychology and Counseling
Philosophy of Psychology
Physiological Aspects of Psychology
Psychology of Sexuality
Psychology Testing & Measurement
Chaos & Systems
Geometry & Topology
Logic & Brain Teasers
Chaos & Systems
Geometry & Topology
Probability & Statistics
Experiments, Instruments & Measurement
Chaos & Systems
Fusion & Fission
Nuclear Magnetic Resonance
Waves & Wave Mechanics
Administration & Policy
Allied Health Professions
Medical Education & Training
Endocrinology & Metabolism
Physician & Patient
Insects & Spiders
Fish & Aquariums
Mobile & Wireless Computing: Programming
Linux Kernel & Peripherals
Linux Networking & Administration
State & Local History
Sci Fi Calendars
Bujold, Lois McMaster
Card, Orson Scott
Chalker, Jack L.
Heinlein, Robert A.
McKillip, Patricia A.
Nye, Jody Lynn
|Your Golden Retriever Puppy Month by Month: Everything you need to know at each stage to ensure your cute & playful puppy gr (Your Puppy Month by Month)
Lowest new price: $7.00
Lowest used price: $4.23
List price: $16.95
Author: Terry Albert
Brand: Albert Terry
Your Golden Retriever Puppy Month by Month provides new pet owners with everything you need to know and do at each stage of development to make sure your playful, energetic puppy grows into a happy, healthy, and well-adjusted companion. A veterinarian, a trainer, and a breeder team up to cover all the questions new owners tend to have, and many they don’t think to ask, including:
* What to ask the breeder before bringing your puppy home.
* Which vaccinations your puppy needs and when to get them.
* How to make potty training as smooth (and quick) as possible.
* What to do when your puppy cries at night.
* Why and how to crate train your puppy.
* When socialization should happen and how to make sure it does.
* When your puppy is ready to learn basic commands—like Sit, Stay, and Come—and the best way to teach them.
* When and how to go about leash training.
* How much exercise your puppy needs to stay physically and mentally healthy.
* What, how much, and when to feed your puppy to give him the nutrition he needs without the extra weight he doesn’t.
* When your puppy is ready for obedience training and how to make sure it works.
* How and how often to bathe your puppy, brush his coat, clip his nails, and brush his teeth.
* How to know when a trip to the vet is needed.
* What causes problem behaviors, when to expect them, and how to correct them.
- Your Golden Retriever Puppy Month by Month
|Before and After Getting Your Puppy: The Positive Approach to Raising a Happy, Healthy, and Well-Behaved Dog
Lowest new price: $5.27
Lowest used price: $1.74
List price: $19.95
Author: Dr. Ian Dunbar
Brand: Dunbar, Ian
Very few dog trainers have not been influenced by Dr. Ian Dunbar's dog-friendly philosophy. In the 1970s, Dr. Dunbar sparked a dramatic shift in dog training away from leash corrections and drill-sergeant adult dog classes based on competitive obedience and toward a positive approach using toys, treats, and games as rewards for teaching basic manners, preventing behavior problems, and modifying temperament. Before Dr. Dunbar there were no classes for puppies, very few family dog classes, and not much fun in dog training. His positive approach to training revolutionized the field, especially in training puppies.
Now in Before and After Getting Your Puppy Dr. Dunbar combines his two popular puppy-training manuals into one indexed value-priced hardcover edition. In clear steps, with helpful photos and easy-to-follow training deadlines, he presents a structured yet playful and humorous plan for raising a wonderful dog. Dr. Dunbar’s guide is based around six developmental deadlines: completing your education and preparation, assessing a puppy’s prior socialization and education, teaching errorless housetraining and chewtoy-training, completing a socialization program of meeting strange dogs and people, etc.
- Before and After Getting Your Puppy The Positive Approach to Raising a Happy Healthy and Well Behaved Dog
|Every Dog: A Book of Over 450 Breeds
Lowest new price: $13.95
Lowest used price: $10.49
List price: $24.95
Author: Nancy Hajeski
Brand: Hajeski Nancy J
Every Dog: A Book of Over 450 Breeds packs in a lot of information. Illustrations, text, charts, tables and icons make it an ideal reference for all dog lovers, who will enjoy flipping through the pages.
The over 450 breeds are thoroughly researched and represent canines from around the world. They range from rare breeds for the dog lover that wants something different, to the favorite breeds that make for a reliable choice. There are ancient breeds and modern breeds, including the "designer dogs" that have become so popular in recent years.
The over 450 breeds are organized into various categories, such as type (which share loosely common ancestry and traits), purpose, and more. For example, Spitz-Type Dogs typically have thick and dense fur, pointed ears and muzzles, and puffy tails that curl up and over their rears. They descend from ancient breeds that came from Arctic regions. Spitz dogs include the Akita, Canaan, American Eskimo, and the Pomeranian.
Each breed is described on one page and includes these details:
- English and any alternative names, place of origin and year of first known introduction
- Icons and keys indicating all available coat colors; exercise requirements; graph indicating average weight, height and life expectancies
- At a Glance chart rating Intelligence; Ease of training; Affection; Playfulness; Good guard dogs; Good with children; Good with other dogs; and Grooming required.
- Descriptive text and a brief history of the breed
- Two color photographs, one adult and one puppy.
Every Dog: A Book of Over 450 Breeds is a fabulous reference. In addition to the hundreds of breeds of all type, origin and purpose, the book includes the many designer breeds developed over the last couple of decades, making it undoubtedly the most up to date and detailed breed book currently available.
- Every Dog A Book of Over 450 Breeds
|Crusoe, the Celebrity Dachshund: Adventures of the Wiener Dog Extraordinaire
Lowest new price: $10.98
Lowest used price: $5.15
List price: $15.99
Author: Ryan Beauchesne
A New York Times Bestseller
What?! You've never heard of Crusoe the Celebrity Dachshund?! You must be living under a rock!
... Or at least that's what Crusoe thinks. He's the self-proclaimed "wiener dog who thinks he's more of a celebrity than he really is." (until now!) Crusoe is the star of his wildly popular blog of the same name, winner of the 2013 and 2014 Best Pet Blog Award. That's right... two years in a row! Because Crusoe is a talented and ridiculously photogenic miniature dachshund with a big personality, stunning fashion sense, and an insatiable penchant for whimsy. Perhaps you know him better by his infamous alter ego, BATDOG? We thought so.
This is Crusoe's New York Times bestselling book debut, and he's so excited to share it with all of his adoring fans. Now everyone can stare lovingly into his big brown eyes and admire his wit and many costumes any time they choose. Crusoe is certain that his book, featuring hundreds of photos, will make the perfect gift for dog-lovers of all ages. He wants to be accessible to his fans so you can really get to know the mutt behind the mask, the pooch behind that signature sexy pout, the pup with a heart of gold.
Don't miss these amazing photos and stories:
The adventures of BATDOG and Robin;
Cooking with Crusoe;
Dr. Crusoe, the dentist, and malpractice;
International travels with the worldliest of adventure dogs;
Fishing with Crusoe and twin brother Oakley;
Dating advice from the studly pup himself;
Walking in a winter wienerland;
...And many more!
|Feed Your Best Friend Better: Easy, Nutritious Meals and Treats for Dogs
Lowest new price: $9.58
Lowest used price: $3.66
List price: $16.99
Author: Rick Woodford
Brand: Rick Woodford
If you wouldnâ€™t eat processed food, why feed it to your dog? The Dog Food Dudeâ€™s essential nutrition book for dogs is the only one youâ€™ll need, with guidelines, charts, tips, and more than 85 easy recipes for healthy dishes to help your best friend live a long and happy life.
From Rick Woodford, the "Dog Food Dude" himself, comes Feed Your Best Friend Better, with easy recipes that will make even humans drool a little bit. Healthy food can enable dogs to live longer, healthier lives, just as it can for humans, and with these meals, treats, and cookies, dogs will never miss commercial kibble.
Rick has researched nutrition for dogs and has used the same manuals veterinarians use to develop his recipes. Feed Your Best Friend Better makes the transition to homemade dog food simple, so you can make natural pet food for your dog every day. From nutritional value to portion sizes, these recipes will help dog parents know what their dog is eating. The meals are healthy, and dogs love them.
Rick Woodford wants dogs in every family to be healthy and happy. His recipes use a variety of herbs and spices for their antioxidant properties but they smell so good everybody in the house will be drooling. Recipes include:
* Puppy Pesto
* Bacon Yappetizers
* Mutt Loaf
* Gingerbread Mailman
In addition to 85 recipes other helpful chapters include:
* How to Pick out a Commercial Food; making the ingredient label easy to understand with a breakdown of ingredients that are good for the bowl and those that are best left on the shelf.
* Determining Portion Size; information on body type and size help readers understand how much food their dogs need to be in the best shape
* Problem Mealtime Behaviors; how to deal with the early morning wake up call, reluctant eaters, counter surfing and more
- Feed Your Best Friend Better Easy Nutritious Meals and Treats for Dogs
|The Nature of Animal Healing : The Definitive Holistic Medicine Guide to Caring for Your Dog and Cat
Lowest new price: $11.19
Lowest used price: $4.71
List price: $17.00
Author: Martin Goldstein D.V.M.
Brand: Goldstein, Martin
A pioneering revolutionary prescription
for the health and long life of your pets
For two decades, Dr. Martin Goldstein--America's most successful, renowned holistic veterinarian--has healed and helped his animal patients with the same natural therapies that benefit humans. The results have been so astounding that today critically sick pets are brought to him from across the country for a new chance at life and health.
In this compelling, very accessible book, Dr. Goldstein explains exactly what holistic medicine is and how it works. By treating the root of a health problem instead of its symptoms, you too can help your animal to regain and maintain its own health, as nature intended. Dr. Goldstein also shares many remarkable true stories of supposedly terminally ill animals who have recovered to full wellness. Inside you'll discover
- Why our animals get sick, even when we strive to give them the best of care
- An exhaustive A to Z guide of pet ailments--and the best course of action
- Why vaccines can do more harm than good
- The link between diet and disease--and how the right diet can not only prevent disease but reverse it
- How acupuncture, homeopathy, chiropractic, and other alternative options work--safely and painlessly--to restore true health
- Specific guidance for the use of herbs, supplements, and natural remedies
- The good news (and the bad) about cancer in animals--including extraordinary new treatments and potential cures
- Coping with the inevitable death of your pet--both physically and psychologically
And much, much more
PLUS--the ultimate resource for holistic pet care: an extensive guide to holistic product manufacturers and stores, books, newsletters, Web sites, veterinarians, and associations!
As an accomplished doctor of veterinary medicine, Martin Goldstein is well respected for his 25 years worth of experience in the field--experience he effectively utilizes in conjunction with his expertise in holistic medicine in his new book, The Nature of Animal Healing: The Path to Your Pet's Health, Happiness, and Longevity. Goldstein begins with a broad explanation of the origins of diseases in pets, then moves on to taking action against those diseases, not only offering thorough discussions of specific ailments--including cancer, allergies, and arthritis--and the holistic medicines available to help in the healing process, but also speaking to the "dubious legacy of vaccines" as well as the questionable quality of pet food. Finally, Goldstein turns his attention to the spiritual realm, addressing both the bonds that we have with our pets--and how those bonds aid in preventing and fighting our pets' health problems--as well as dealing with the death of a beloved pet. Goldstein's expert advice, inclusion of inspiring real-life cases, and thorough resource "compendium of holistic books, newsletters, Web sites, veterinarians, and associations" make this book a valuable addition to any pet owner's library. --Julia King
|2018 - 2020 Three Year Planner: Monthly Schedule Organizer - Agenda Planner For The Next Three Years, 36 Months Calendar, Appointment Notebook, ... Year Monthly Calendar Planner) (Volume 1)
Lowest new price: $6.99
Lowest used price: $5.85
List price: $6.99
Author: Vilma P. Christiansen
Perfect for any use. You can use for personal, work, to do list, small diary for note of the day and all purposes. Monthly and Weekly Action plan 36-month calendar : From January 2018 up to December 2020. One month per each two page spread with unruled daily blocks. Weeks run from Monday to Sunday for weekly Planner. Printed on quality paper. Light weight. Easy to carry around. Made in the USA. Best for Christmas gift and New Year gift.
2018 - 2020 Three Year Monthly Calendar Planner 2018 - 2020 Three Year Monthly Calendar Planner
Three year planner for 2018 - 2020 including January 2019 - December 2020 (36 Months Calendar).
You can see 7 days Start with Monday to Sunday in the couple pages and also see the whole month too.
This beautiful planner is printed on high quality interior stock.
Perfect bound to secure pages for the next three years and beyond.
Everyone need to have the best planner since the first of the year.Give it for yourself friends family and co-worker and Have a great year together.
- 2018 - 2020 Three Year Planner: Monthly Schedule Organizer - Agenda Planner For The Next Three Years, 36 Months Calendar, Appointment Notebook, ... Setting, Happiness Gratitude Book (Volume 1)
- 2018 - 2020 Three Year Monthly Calendar Planner: Monthly Schedule Organizer - Agenda Planner For The Next Three Years, 36 Months Calendar, Appointment ... - 2020 Monthly Calendar Planner (Volume 6)
- MyLifeUNIT Fineliner Color Pen Set, 0.4mm Colored Fine Liner Sketch Drawing Pen, Pack of 10 Assorted Colors
- 2018-2020 Three Year Planner: 36 Months Calendar Yearly Goals Monthly Task Checklist Organizer Agenda Schedule Logbook Appointment Notebook Personal ... Year Monthly Calendar Planner) (Volume 1)
- 2018-2020 Three Year Planner: 36 Months Calendar Yearly Goals Monthly, Agenda Planner For The Next Three Years Appointment Notebook Personal, Size Large 8.5 x 11 (Volume 1)
- Redi-Tag Divider Sticky Notes, Tabbed Self-Stick Lined Note Pad, 60 Ruled Notes, 4 x 6 Inches, Assorted Neon Colors (29500)
- 2018 - 2020 Larch Three Year Planner: Agenda Planner for the Next Three Years/36 months calendar – 8.5 x 11, 2018-2020 Monthly Schedule Organizer ... (3 year Diary/3 year Calendar/Logbook)
- 2018 - 2022 Sparkle Five Year Planner: 2018-2022 Monthly Schedule Organizer – Agenda Planner for the Next Five Years/60 months calendar – 8.5 x 11 ... (5 year Diary/5 year Calendar/Logbook)
- 2018 - 2019: Two-Year Monthly Pocket Planner : 24-Month Calendar , Notes and Phone book, Size : 4.0" x 6.5", Hand Lettering Notebook. U.S. Holidays ( Colored balls on blue )
- 2017-2018 Academic Planner Weekly And Monthly: Calendar Schedule Organizer and Journal Notebook With Inspirational Quotes And Floral Lettering Cover (August 2017 through July 2018)
|The Goldendoodle Handbook: The Essential Guide For New & Prospective Goldendoodle Owners (Canine Handbooks)
Lowest new price: $10.15
Lowest used price: $8.50
List price: $13.95
Author: Linda Whitwam
The Goldendoodle Handbook is the first book to be endorsed by GANA (Goldendoodle Association of North America), the world’s leading organisation for Goldendoodles.
This one-stop manual will help you care for, train & build a successful lifelong partnership with your Goldendoodle.
Canine author Linda Whitwam has teamed up with GANA & 16 leading breeders to produce the biggest & most up-to-date book yet on this popular hybrid. The 274 pages are easy to read & packed full of insider tips & practical info on understanding, caring for & living with these highly appealing low shedding dogs. Puppies - Learn:
- How to Prepare Your Home
- Typical Goldendoodle Behavior
- Getting Through the First Few Days & Nights
- Where Should Puppy Sleep?
- Understanding Your Puppy & Building a Bond
- Exercise - How Much & How Often
- Crate Training & Housebreaking
- Obedience Training, incl. Sit, Stay, Recall, Leash & Clicker Training
- How to Deal with Issues like Puppy Biting & Chewing
- Feeding a Puppy, Adult & Senior Dog
Breeders give their personal advice on what to expect from bringing home your puppy right through to old age – & the pitfalls to avoid. For anyone who hasn’t chosen their puppy yet, there’s:
- Goldendoodles for Allergy Sufferers
- How to Find a Good Breeder & The Questions to Ask
- Puppy Contracts
- Where NOT to Buy a Goldendoodle From
- How to Pick a Healthy Puppy or Adult Dog
- Picking a Pup With the Right Temperament for You
- Rescue Doodles
Goldendoodle Health is covered in depth, including Ear Infections, Skin Issues, Allergies, Spaying, Neutering, Vaccinations, Worming, De-Fleaing & Microchipping, & Ailments which can Affect this Crossbreed.
Several experts have contributed specialist articles, incl: Inside a Goldendoodle Puppy’s Mind, Coat Genetics & Grooming, Activities & Competitions for Goldendoodles, & Therapy & Service Doodles.
REVIEWS FOR THE GOLDENDOODLE HANDBOOK:
”My family has never raised a dog before, & this book has been a wonderful tool to use as we prepare to welcome our new family member in the fall. The fact that it contains so much information specific to the Goldendoodle breed sets it apart from other "new dog" handbooks out there,“ SUSAN S, USA
”This is the most complete & well-researched book on Goldendoodles that is on the market. I will recommend that all of my doodle families, especially the new ones, buy this book & read every page,” LYNN WHITMIRE, SOUTH CAROLINA, USA
”An outstanding, detailed guide to raising a Goldendoodle puppy & living with it in your forever home for many happy years. Though I have had many dogs (some rated Champion Companion Dogs by AKC) …I learned a great tip yesterday! I have now tweaked my "Speak & Shush" process for my 5 year old Google who just started barking at people coming to the front door (pp. 158-9). Google & I are very glad to have this reference book on our shelf!” GALE W. SHERMAN, USA
“Sit. Stay. Then read this book for everything you need to know about your Goldendoodle. My breeder … recommended this as the end-all & be-all guide. A must-have for anyone who wants to have a well-behaved, well-adjusted pup,” BETH STEBNER, USA
- Goldendoodles - The Owners Guide from Puppy to Old Age - Choosing, Caring for, Grooming, Health, Training and Understanding Your Goldendoodle Dog
- Goldendoodles (Complete Pet Owner's Manual)
- Mini Goldendoodles. The Ultimate Mini Goldendoodle Dog Manual. Miniature Goldendoodle book for care, costs, feeding, grooming, health and training.
- The Art of Raising a Puppy (Revised Edition)
- Goldendoodle: Goldendoodle Owners Bible: Goldendoodle Puppies, Mini, Goldendoodle Breeders & Rescue, Owners Guide, Prices, Adults & Full Grown Size, Training, Grooming, Health, & More
- Puppies For Dummies
- KONG Puppy Kong Toy, Small, Assorted Pink/Blue
- JennyGems Wood Box Sign All You Need Is Love And A Goldendoodle
- Training the Best Dog Ever: A 5-Week Program Using the Power of Positive Reinforcement
- Dog Doorbells Premium Quality Training Potty Great Dog Bells Adjustable Door Bell Dog Bells for Potty Training Your Puppy the Easy Way - Premium Quality - 7 Extra Large Loud 1.4 DoorBells by papikin
|Gun Dog: Revolutionary Rapid Training Method
Lowest new price: $11.99
Lowest used price: $4.09
List price: $28.00
Author: Richard A. Wolters
The guide to training the perfect hunting partner for the man who wants a gun dog fast and wants to train it himself—from the author of Game Dog.
This time-proven guide by legendary trainer Richard A. Wolters offers a step-by-step method for completely training your dog. It is the first book for the upland bird hunter that teaches the hunting commands with the use of training tools, making training easier for you and your dog.
Written with scientific information on the mental development of a dog, Gun Dog shows the complete training procedures step by step in picture sequences. It will show you how to achieve every hunter's ideal: an animal that will double as a disciplined hunting dog and beloved family pet.
“Gun Dog is one of the most valuable, probably THE most valuable, training tools the average amateur could have.”—Sports Afield
|Your German Shepherd Puppy Month by Month, 2nd Edition: Everything you need to know at each stage to ensure your cute & playful puppy gr (Your Puppy Month by Month)
Lowest new price: $8.66
Lowest used price: $5.94
List price: $16.95
Author: Liz Palika
Your German Shepherd Puppy Month by Month, Second Edition, provides readers with everything they need to know and do at each stage of development to make sure their playful, energetic puppy grows into a happy, healthy, and well-adjusted companion. Expert authors Liz Palika, vet Deb Eldredge, and breeder Joanne Olivier team up to cover all the questions new owners tend to have, and many they don’t think to ask, including:
• What to ask the breeder before bringing your puppy home.
• Which vaccinations your puppy needs and when to get them.
• How to make potty training as smooth (and quick) as possible.
• What do to when your puppy cries at night.
• Why and how to crate train your puppy.
• When socialization should happen and how to make sure it does.
• When your puppy is ready to learn basic commands—like Sit, Stay, and Come—and the best way to teach them.
• When and how to go about leash training.
• How much exercise your puppy needs to stay physically and mentally healthy.
• What, how much, and when to feed your puppy to give him the nutrition he needs without the extra weight he doesn’t.
• When your puppy is ready for obedience training and how to make sure it works.
• How and how often to bath your puppy, brush his coat, clip his nails, and brush his teeth.
• How to know what requires a trip to the vet and what doesn’t.
• What causes problem behaviors, when to expect them, and how to correct them.
- Your German Shepherd Puppy Month by Month provides readers with everything they need to know and do at each stage of development to make sure their playful, energetic puppy grows into a happy, healthy, and well-adjusted companion.
- Height: 9.00 in. Width: 6.00 in.
- Manufactured by: DK Publishing
- Seller SKU: 201700008497
- Your German Shepherd Puppy Book
- German Shepherds For Dummies
- Training Your German Shepherd Dog (Training Your Dog Series)
- Training Your German Shepherd Dog (Training Your Dog Series)
- German Shepherd Training: The Beginner’s Guide to Training Your German Shepherd Puppy: Includes Potty Training, Sit, Stay, Fetch, Drop, Leash Training and Socialization Training
- German Shepherd Dog (Complete Pet Owner's Manual)
- The German Shepherd Dog (Terra-Nova)
- The Art of Raising a Puppy (Revised Edition)
- German Shepherd Training Book: The Simple Step-by-step Guide to German Shepherd Puppy Training: Training includes Fetch, Sit, Stay, Potty Training, Socialization and Leash Training
- Royal Canin BREED HEALTH NUTRITION German Shepherd Puppy dry dog food, 30-Pound
- German Shepherd Training: the Simple Step-by-step Guide to Training Your German Shepherd at Any Age: Training includes: Sit, Stay, Fetch, Drop, Potty Training, Leash Training and Socialization
Page 5 of 4696
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED AS IS AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.