|Browse by Catagory:
Civil Rights & Liberties
War & Peace
Cajun & Creole Cooking
Caribbean & West Indian Cooking
Diabetic & Sugar-Free Cooking
Low Fat Cooking
Middle Eastern Cooking
Pacific Rim Cooking
Home & Garden
Literature & Fiction
Sheet Music & Scores
Environmental & Natural Resources Law
Ethics & Professional Responsibility
Procedures & Litigation
Water Supply & Land Use
Lawyer and Crimal Humor
Outdoors & Nature
Hiking & Camping
Hunting & Fishing
Beer & Beer Making
Health & Fitness
Diets & Weight Loss
Children's Science & Nature
Vitamins & Supplements
Psychology and Counseling
Philosophy of Psychology
Physiological Aspects of Psychology
Psychology of Sexuality
Psychology Testing & Measurement
Chaos & Systems
Geometry & Topology
Logic & Brain Teasers
Chaos & Systems
Geometry & Topology
Probability & Statistics
Experiments, Instruments & Measurement
Chaos & Systems
Fusion & Fission
Nuclear Magnetic Resonance
Waves & Wave Mechanics
Administration & Policy
Allied Health Professions
Medical Education & Training
Endocrinology & Metabolism
Physician & Patient
Insects & Spiders
Fish & Aquariums
Mobile & Wireless Computing: Programming
Linux Kernel & Peripherals
Linux Networking & Administration
State & Local History
Sci Fi Calendars
Bujold, Lois McMaster
Card, Orson Scott
Chalker, Jack L.
Heinlein, Robert A.
McKillip, Patricia A.
Nye, Jody Lynn
|The Power of Positive Dog Training
Lowest new price: $8.70
Lowest used price: $5.30
List price: $18.99
Author: Pat Miller
Brand: Miller, Pat
A renowned dog trainer gives you the positive training tools you need to share a lifetime of fun, companionship, and respect with your dog. Plus, you'll get: information on the importance of observing, understanding, and reacting appropriately to your dog's body language; instructions on how to phase out the use of a clicker and treats to introduce more advanced training concepts; a diary to track progress; suggestions for treats your dog will respond to; and a glossary of training terms.
|Your Golden Retriever Puppy Month by Month: Everything you need to know at each stage to ensure your cute & playful puppy gr
Lowest new price: $10.60
Lowest used price: $6.65
List price: $16.95
Author: Terry Albert
Brand: Albert Terry
Your Golden Retriever Puppy Month by Month provides new pet owners with everything you need to know and do at each stage of development to make sure your playful, energetic puppy grows into a happy, healthy, and well-adjusted companion. A veterinarian, a trainer, and a breeder team up to cover all the questions new owners tend to have, and many they don’t think to ask, including:
* What to ask the breeder before bringing your puppy home.
* Which vaccinations your puppy needs and when to get them.
* How to make potty training as smooth (and quick) as possible.
* What to do when your puppy cries at night.
* Why and how to crate train your puppy.
* When socialization should happen and how to make sure it does.
* When your puppy is ready to learn basic commands—like Sit, Stay, and Come—and the best way to teach them.
* When and how to go about leash training.
* How much exercise your puppy needs to stay physically and mentally healthy.
* What, how much, and when to feed your puppy to give him the nutrition he needs without the extra weight he doesn’t.
* When your puppy is ready for obedience training and how to make sure it works.
* How and how often to bathe your puppy, brush his coat, clip his nails, and brush his teeth.
* How to know when a trip to the vet is needed.
* What causes problem behaviors, when to expect them, and how to correct them.
- Your Golden Retriever Puppy Month by Month
- Golden Retrievers For Dummies
- Golden Retriever Training: The Beginner's Guide to Training Your Golden Retriever Puppy: Includes Potty Training, Sit, Stay, Fetch, Drop, Leash Training and Socialization Training
- Golden Retriever Handbook (Barron's Pet Handbooks)
- The Everything Golden Retriever Book: A Complete Guide to Raising, Training, and Caring for Your Golden
- Golden Retrievers (Barron's Dog Bibles)
- The Complete Golden Retriever Handbook: The Essential Guide for New & Prospective Golden Retriever Owners (Canine Handbooks)
- Golden Retriever Training | Dog Training with the No BRAINER Dog TRAINER ~ We Make it THAT Easy!: How to EASILY Train Your Golden Retriever (Volume 1)
- Golden Retriever Training Book: The Simple Step-by-step Guide to Golden Retriever Puppy Training: Training includes Fetch, Sit, Stay, Potty Training, Socialization and Leash Training
- Primitives By Kathy 6" x 2.5" Wood Wooden Box Sign "All You Need Is Love...And A Golden Retriever"
- SmartPetLove Snuggle Puppy Behavioral Aid Toy, Golden
|Clicking With Your Dog: Step-By-Step in Pictures (Karen Pryor Clicker Books)
Lowest new price: $13.53
Lowest used price: $3.99
List price: $24.95
Author: Peggy Tillman
Brand: Brand: Sunshine Books, Inc.
"Clicking with Your Dog" is the answer for all pet owners who want a dog to be a real partner and friend. The author's step-by-step illustrations explain the clicking process more clearly than ever before. Soon you will truly understand your dog, and, thanks to the clicker, your dog will understandd you!"
- Clicking With Your Dog: Step-By-Step in Pictures (Karen Pryor Clicker Books)
|Dr. Pitcairn's Complete Guide to Natural Health for Dogs & Cats (4th Edition)
Lowest new price: $13.74
Lowest used price: $7.98
List price: $24.99
Author: Richard H. Pitcairn D.V.M.
Brand: Rodale Books
For more than 30 years, Dr. Pitcairn’s Complete Guide to Natural Health for Dogs & Cats has been the go-to resource for health-conscious animal lovers. This fourth edition is updated with the latest information in natural pet health, including groundbreaking research on the benefits of vegan diets for pets, as well as nutritionally complete recipes to give your pets optimal health that you can also enjoy, making home prepared diets easier than ever. The Pitcairns also discuss behavior issues, general nutrition, and a more humane approach to caring for pets.
The Pitcairns have long been the trusted name in holistic veterinary care and continue to be at the forefront of natural pet health. Written with the same compassion and conviction, the fourth edition of Natural Health for Dogs & Cats will help you give your beloved animals the healthiest, happiest life.
|The Beginner's Guide to Dog Agility
Lowest new price: $9.99
Lowest used price: $3.34
List price: $18.95
Author: Laurie Leach
Brand: T.F.H. Publications
Training your dog (and yourself) for agility competitions will create a fun working relationship that both of you can enjoy. Find everything you need top know in this fun guide that includes information on pre-agility training , detailed advice on correction-free training and step-by step agility training techniques. Also learn how to make your own agility obstacles use a clicker as a motivational tool, and officially enter agility trials. Participation in agility competitions can build a strong, enduring bond between you and your dog, Read The Beginners Guide to Dog Agility to learn the ins and outs of this exciting hobby.
- Dog Agility Equipment Construction Instructions: YOU CAN! Build Better Training Obstacles for your Dog
- 101 Dog Tricks: Step by Step Activities to Engage, Challenge, and Bond with Your Dog
- Zip & Zoom Outdoor Agility Kit, 3 Obstacle Dog Agility Kit with Dog Tunnel Weave Pole High Jump by Outward Hound
- HDP 18 Ft Dog Agility Training Open Tunnel
- Affordable Agility in the Bag
- Brain Games for Dogs: Fun Ways to Build a Strong Bond with Your Dog and Provide It with Vital Mental Stimulation
- Agility Training for You and Your Dog: From Backyard Fun To High-Performance Training
- Houseables Dog Tunnel, Agility Equipment, 18 Ft Long, 24" Open, Blue, Polyester, Play Tunnels for Training Small & Medium Dogs, Park Playground Toy, Large Obstacle Course for Pets, With Carrying Case
- Agility Weave Poles Adjustable 6 Pole Set with Carrying Case and Grass Stakes
- 10-Minute Dog Training Games: Quick and Creative Activities for the Busy Dog Owner
|Gun Dog: Revolutionary Rapid Training Method
Lowest new price: $16.57
Lowest used price: $3.70
List price: $28.00
Author: Richard A. Wolters
The guide to training the perfect hunting partner for the man who wants a gun dog fast and wants to train it himself—from the author of Game Dog.
This time-proven guide by legendary trainer Richard A. Wolters offers a step-by-step method for completely training your dog. It is the first book for the upland bird hunter that teaches the hunting commands with the use of training tools, making training easier for you and your dog.
Written with scientific information on the mental development of a dog, Gun Dog shows the complete training procedures step by step in picture sequences. It will show you how to achieve every hunter's ideal: an animal that will double as a disciplined hunting dog and beloved family pet.
“Gun Dog is one of the most valuable, probably THE most valuable, training tools the average amateur could have.”—Sports Afield
|The Goldendoodle Handbook: The Essential Guide For New & Prospective Goldendoodle Owners (Canine Handbooks)
Lowest new price: $11.50
Lowest used price: $7.27
List price: $13.95
Author: Linda Whitwam
The Goldendoodle Handbook is the first book to be endorsed by GANA (Goldendoodle Association of North America), the world’s leading organisation for Goldendoodles.
This one-stop manual will help you care for, train & build a successful lifelong partnership with your Goldendoodle.
Canine author Linda Whitwam has teamed up with GANA & 16 leading breeders to produce the biggest & most up-to-date book yet on this popular hybrid. The 274 pages are easy to read & packed full of insider tips & practical info on understanding, caring for & living with these highly appealing low shedding dogs. Puppies - Learn:
- How to Prepare Your Home
- Typical Goldendoodle Behavior
- Getting Through the First Few Days & Nights
- Where Should Puppy Sleep?
- Understanding Your Puppy & Building a Bond
- Exercise - How Much & How Often
- Crate Training & Housebreaking
- Obedience Training, incl. Sit, Stay, Recall, Leash & Clicker Training
- How to Deal with Issues like Puppy Biting & Chewing
- Feeding a Puppy, Adult & Senior Dog
Breeders give their personal advice on what to expect from bringing home your puppy right through to old age – & the pitfalls to avoid. For anyone who hasn’t chosen their puppy yet, there’s:
- Goldendoodles for Allergy Sufferers
- How to Find a Good Breeder & The Questions to Ask
- Puppy Contracts
- Where NOT to Buy a Goldendoodle From
- How to Pick a Healthy Puppy or Adult Dog
- Picking a Pup With the Right Temperament for You
- Rescue Doodles
Goldendoodle Health is covered in depth, including Ear Infections, Skin Issues, Allergies, Spaying, Neutering, Vaccinations, Worming, De-Fleaing & Microchipping, & Ailments which can Affect this Crossbreed.
Several experts have contributed specialist articles, incl: Inside a Goldendoodle Puppy’s Mind, Coat Genetics & Grooming, Activities & Competitions for Goldendoodles, & Therapy & Service Doodles.
REVIEWS FOR THE GOLDENDOODLE HANDBOOK:
”My family has never raised a dog before, & this book has been a wonderful tool to use as we prepare to welcome our new family member in the fall. The fact that it contains so much information specific to the Goldendoodle breed sets it apart from other "new dog" handbooks out there,“ SUSAN S, USA
”This is the most complete & well-researched book on Goldendoodles that is on the market. I will recommend that all of my doodle families, especially the new ones, buy this book & read every page,” LYNN WHITMIRE, SOUTH CAROLINA, USA
”An outstanding, detailed guide to raising a Goldendoodle puppy & living with it in your forever home for many happy years. Though I have had many dogs (some rated Champion Companion Dogs by AKC) …I learned a great tip yesterday! I have now tweaked my "Speak & Shush" process for my 5 year old Google who just started barking at people coming to the front door (pp. 158-9). Google & I are very glad to have this reference book on our shelf!” GALE W. SHERMAN, USA
“Sit. Stay. Then read this book for everything you need to know about your Goldendoodle. My breeder … recommended this as the end-all & be-all guide. A must-have for anyone who wants to have a well-behaved, well-adjusted pup,” BETH STEBNER, USA
- Goldendoodles - The Owners Guide from Puppy to Old Age - Choosing, Caring for, Grooming, Health, Training and Understanding Your Goldendoodle Dog
- Goldendoodles (Complete Pet Owner's Manual)
- Mini Goldendoodles. The Ultimate Mini Goldendoodle Dog Manual. Miniature Goldendoodle book for care, costs, feeding, grooming, health and training.
- JennyGems Wood Box Sign All You Need Is Love And A Goldendoodle
- Goldendoodles. Ultimate Goldendoodle Dog Manual. Goldendoodle Care, Costs, Feeding, Grooming, Health and Training All Included.
- Training the Best Dog Ever: A 5-Week Program Using the Power of Positive Reinforcement
- KONG Puppy Kong Toy, Small, Assorted Pink/Blue
- Groomer's Edge Ultimate Pet Shampoo, 16-Ounce
- Andis Pet 7-1/2-Inch Steel Comb (65730)
- Dog Doorbells Premium Quality Training Potty Great Dog Bells Adjustable Door Bell Dog Bells for Potty Training Your Puppy the Easy Way - Premium Quality - 7 Extra Large Loud 1.4 DoorBells by papikin
Lowest new price: $6.98
Lowest used price: $0.49
List price: $21.00
Author: Seth Casteel
Brand: Little, Brown and Company
The exuberant, exhilarating photographs of dogs underwater that have become a sensation
From the water's surface, it's a simple exercise: a dog's leap, a splash, and then a wet head surfacing with a ball, triumphant.
But beneath the water is a chaotic ballet of bared teeth and bubbles, paddling paws, fur and ears billowing in the currents. From leaping Lab to diving Dachshund, the water is where a dog's distinct personality shines through; some lounge in the current, paddling slowly, but others arch their bodies to cut through the water with the focus and determination of a shark.
In more than eighty portraits, award-winning pet photographer and animal rights activist Seth Casteel captures new sides of our old friends with vibrant underwater photography that makes it impossible to look away. Each image bubbles with exuberance and life, a striking reminder that even in the most loveable and domesticated dog, there are more primal forces at work. In Underwater Dogs, Seth Casteel gives playful and energetic testament to the rough-and-tumble joy that our dogs bring into our lives.
|Blackwell's Five-Minute Veterinary Consult: Canine and Feline
Lowest new price: $60.36
Lowest used price: $64.94
List price: $109.99
Like having a trusted clinician with you in the exam room, the fully updated Sixth Edition of Blackwell's Five-Minute Veterinary Consult: Canine and Feline continues to offer fast access to information in an easy-to-use format.
- Provides fast access to key information on the diagnosis and treatment of diseases and conditions in dogs and cats
- Covers 846 specific disorders, making it the most comprehensive quick-reference book on canine and feline medicine
- Carefully designed for fast searching and reference in the busy practice setting, giving you the confidence to make clinical decisions quickly and appropriately
- Presents contributions from 379 leading experts specializing in all areas of veterinary medicine
- Includes access to a companion website with 354 client education handouts for you to download and use in practice, plus images and video clips
|Your 10 Minute A Day Dog: A Training Guide to Using Your Time Wisely to Communicate Effectively with Your Pup
Lowest new price: $12.76
List price: $12.99
Author: Terrie Hayward
Do you have limited time to spend training your dog? Find out how to make the most of the minutes you have together. With exercises through out the book and an online support community you can engage in teaching and learning. This book can help you to use your limited time wisely. Via clear communication you can start to build your ten minute a day habit into your routine. Reducing stress and maximizing effective training exchanges will have you spending more quality time interacting with your dog.
Page 5 of 2621
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED AS IS AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.