|Browse by Catagory:
Civil Rights & Liberties
War & Peace
Cajun & Creole Cooking
Caribbean & West Indian Cooking
Diabetic & Sugar-Free Cooking
Low Fat Cooking
Middle Eastern Cooking
Pacific Rim Cooking
Home & Garden
Literature & Fiction
Sheet Music & Scores
Environmental & Natural Resources Law
Ethics & Professional Responsibility
Procedures & Litigation
Water Supply & Land Use
Lawyer and Crimal Humor
Outdoors & Nature
Hiking & Camping
Hunting & Fishing
Beer & Beer Making
Health & Fitness
Diets & Weight Loss
Children's Science & Nature
Vitamins & Supplements
Psychology and Counseling
Philosophy of Psychology
Physiological Aspects of Psychology
Psychology of Sexuality
Psychology Testing & Measurement
Chaos & Systems
Geometry & Topology
Logic & Brain Teasers
Chaos & Systems
Geometry & Topology
Probability & Statistics
Experiments, Instruments & Measurement
Chaos & Systems
Fusion & Fission
Nuclear Magnetic Resonance
Waves & Wave Mechanics
Administration & Policy
Allied Health Professions
Medical Education & Training
Endocrinology & Metabolism
Physician & Patient
Insects & Spiders
Fish & Aquariums
Mobile & Wireless Computing: Programming
Linux Kernel & Peripherals
Linux Networking & Administration
State & Local History
Sci Fi Calendars
Bujold, Lois McMaster
Card, Orson Scott
Chalker, Jack L.
Heinlein, Robert A.
McKillip, Patricia A.
Nye, Jody Lynn
|Can't Fix Stupid! Swear Word Adult Coloring Book: Calming and relaxing coloring patterns and designs created with stress and anxiety relief in mind.
Lowest new price: $3.59
Lowest used price: $3.75
List price: $3.99
Author: John T
WARNING! This adult coloring book may include:
- EXTRA RELIEF! Designed and created with stress and anxiety relief in mind. Your doctor may not like this!
- BWA HA HA HA! You and your friends may suffer from non-stop laughing fits! There is no cure!
- LESS RAGE! This swear word adult coloring book contains the Rage Page which helps you relax when you need to vent. What are you going to do with your extra time when your venting sessions become shorter?
- MORE GIFT VALUE! You may find yourself giving away more presents than you planned! i.e., white elephant gifts, secret Santa gifts, and Christmas gifts for her, him, them, and everyone!
About Can't Fix Stupid We know we can't fix stupid. But, when stupid does what stupid does, we can at least color stupid away! Can't Fix Stupid, the latest adult swear word coloring book by John T, is full of playful vulgar insults and cuss words to help you get your mind off the asshats that try to ruin your day! The coloring book is specifically designed and created with stress, anxiety, adhd, and depression relief in mind. This adult coloring book also includes the Rage Page, a brand new type of coloring page. The Rage Page is a combination of chaotic designs and multiple swear words, for days when you really need to vent! Can't Fix Stupid includes five Rage Page's. Overall, you will find calm and relaxing patterns and cute animals mixed in with funny and unique swear words and phrases. This adult coloring book makes a great gift for family, friends, and co-workers!
|Complete Book of Framing: An Illustrated Guide for Residential Construction
Lowest new price: $17.99
Lowest used price: $17.98
List price: $29.95
Author: Scot Simpson
Brand: Scot Simpson
The updated easy-to-learn reference for rough carpentry and framing
Complete Book of Framing, Second Edition is an updated, easy-to-learn guide to rough carpentry and framing written by an expert with more than thirty years of framing experience. This book guides the reader through the steps on framing floors, walls, roofs, door and window openings, and stairs. Hundreds of color photographs and illustrations help the reader understand the basics as well as advanced framing methods. This Second Edition is updated to match the framing techniques to the 2009 International Building Code, and introduces the concept of "green framing" regarding material use and handling.
- Deals with the new corrosive treating methods that began to be used in 2004 for pressure treated wood
- Covers the time and energy-saving benefits of positive placement nail guns, which have become the industry standard for fastening light gage hardware
- Includes a glue-laminated beam weight chart, along with a description of crane operations for setting these beams
Starting with the basics, this book begins with types of lumber, nails, and what tools are needed, followed by detailed, fully illustrated steps for framing each building element—from planning and layout through specific nailing patterns. Framer-Friendly Tips throughout the book show how to get a task done right—and more easily.
Framing Tips for Every Task
Material Movement for Walls
- Locate wall framing so that once the wall is built, it can be raised into position as close to where it finally goes as possible.
- Spread the headers, trimmers, cripples, and sills as close to their final position as possible.
- Eight is an average number of 2 × 4 studs to carry.
- You can use your leg to stabilize the studs you are spreading. Stabilize them with one arm and one leg to free up your other arm so that you can spread them one at a time. This way you won’t have to set them down, then pick them back up to spread them. (See photo.)
- Select a straight plate for the top and double plates, and position any crown in the double plate in the opposite direction of the top plate crown. This will help straighten out the wall.
- Nail the headers to the studs first. Make sure that they are flush on top and on the ends of the headers.
- Nail the trimmers to the studs. Make sure that they are up tight against the bottom of the header and flush with the sides of the stud.
- Nail the studs and cripples to the plates. Nail sills to the cripples and the trimmers. Make sure that all the connections are tight and flush.
- Align the bottom plate so that when it is raised, it will be as close to the final position as possible.
- Attach the bottom plate to the floor along the inside chalk line for the wall. Toenail through the bottom plate into the floor so that the sheathing won’t cover the nails. If the wall is in position, it can be nailed on the inside, and the nails can be pulled out after the wall is raised.
- Use your tape measure to check the diagonal lengths of the wall.
- Move the top part of the wall until the diagonal lengths are equal. Example: If the diagonal measurements are different by one inch, then move the long measure toward the short measure by one half inch diagonal measure. Make sure the measurements are exact.
- Once the diagonals are the same, check by measuring the other diagonal.
- Temporarily nail the top of the wall so that it will not move while you are sheathing it. Make sure you nail so that your nails won’t be covered by the sheathing.
- Complete Book of Framing An Illustrated Guide for Residential Construction
|DEWALT Carpentry and Framing Complete Handbook (DEWALT Series)
Lowest new price: $21.78
Lowest used price: $21.71
List price: $24.95
Author: Gary Brackett
Whether you are a seasoned professional or just entering the construction industry, this is the ultimate handbook for residential wood framing and related topics. Packed with powerful, full-color diagrams and an easy-to-understand writing style, DEWALT Carpentry and Framing Complete Handbook does just that by spelling out, through pictures, the step-by-step procedures associated with key carpentry concepts. The accompanying text is clear, straightforward, and accessible, clarifying and elaborating on the visuals. Coverage begins with a discussion of house types and foundations, gradually progressing to more complex areas, such as wall and floor framing. The book concludes with a chapter on special topics, which includes an exploration of the construction of stairs, railings, porches, and decks. Logically organized for easy reference, this is a thorough yet concise introduction to the world of carpentry and framing for professionals.
Key Handbook Features
- Clarifies unfamiliar terminology with a glossary in each chapter that identifies and explains new terms for that topic.
- Explains potentially confusing math concepts through clear example calculations.
- Offers valuable information that extends beyond the basics with additional examples, span tables, and charts in the appendix; and notes, cautions, and tips in the sidebars.
- Used Book in Good Condition
Lowest new price: $13.31
Lowest used price: $8.38
List price: $22.95
Author: Editors of Fine Homebuilding
Brand: Brand: Taunton Press
This essential reference for pros and passionate amateurs is back with a fresh design and updated content. Written by respected builders from all over America, this extensive revision collects all the latest roof framing articles from the pages of Fine Homebuilding magazine -- from cutting rafters and framing roof valleys to building dormers and working with roof trusses. The contributors offer hardearned, job-tested advice on an impressive variety of tools, techniques, and trade secrets.
Framing Roofs shows how to work with speed and precision, and, since working on a roof is often a complicated and dangerous task, safety is always at the forefront.
Fine Homebuilding has been providing rock-solid information and inspiration to everyone who cares about quality home improvement and construction since 1981. With a circulation of 300,000, the magazine helps its dedicated readers build projects better, faster, and more efficiently. All the contributing authors of Framing Roofs are seasoned professionals who have written articles in the magazine.
- Used Book in Good Condition
|Framing America: A Social History of American Art (Third Edition)
Lowest new price: $82.58
Lowest used price: $60.00
List price: $87.50
Author: Frances K. Pohl
Offers comprehensive engagement with the social, cultural, and historical context of American visual culture. Unique in its inclusive treatment, Framing America embraces the full scope of American art from the sixteenth century to the present. In addition to offering comprehensive coverage of the canon, Pohl’s narrative goes beyond the traditional, and sometimes derogatory, treatment of certain populations in American society and addresses the domestic arts and the social and political contexts of art. This is a truly comprehensive look both at the history of art in America and at the reciprocal influence of American art and society.
The Third Edition features new images, from the early years of Western Europe’s encounter with America’s native peoples to the twenty-first century’s prioritization of sustainable architecture.
360 color, 339 b&w
|Eat Shit & Die: An adult coloring book to help you cope with those asshats who try to ruin your day.
Lowest new price: $2.00
Lowest used price: $3.49
List price: $5.99
Author: John T
Did someone try and run you off the road on your way home from work? Did that asshole break up with you again? Did your neighbor's dog shit in your yard again and you just happened to step in it while walking to the mailbox? If you answered yes to any of the questions above, then this adult coloring book is for you. However, if you answered yes to all of the questions, you may need a few copies because one probably won't be enough. Eat Shit & Die is the latest stress relieving and relaxing swear word adult coloring book by John T. This coloring book is filled with mesmerizing shapes, flowers, and designs to reset when those asshats try and ruin your day.
|The Power of Framing: Creating the Language of Leadership
Lowest new price: $42.18
Lowest used price: $37.83
List price: $53.00
Author: Gail T. Fairhurst
Praise for The Power of Framing
"The primary work of leadership involves managing meaning through framing. Fairhurst shows that the way leaders use language to frame people, situations, and events has important consequences for the way individuals make sense of the world and their actions. The Power of Framing is an accessible and inspirational read for leaders who want to shape their organizations in ethically responsible ways."
—J. KEVIN BARGE, professor, Texas A&M University
"An ideal book for MBA students and business professionals who are interested in specific tools for constructing leadership in their professional worlds. By focusing on the language toolbox of leadership, the book empowers anyone to construct leadership through talk and interaction."
—JOLANTA ARITZ, associate professor, Center for Management Communication, USC Marshall School of Business
"Building on her earlier acclaimed work, and written in a highly accessible style, Fairhurst's thoughtful study provides us with a practical and highly relevant analysis of the power of framing language from a leadership perspective. This is a must-have book."
—DAVID GRANT, professor of organizational studies, University of Sydney
"Communication is the most important element of leadership, and framing of the subject and situation is one of the most powerful tools available to leaders. Gail Fairhurst has created the handbook to help leaders do this right. A must-read for anyone in a leadership capacity."
—RICH KILEY, venture capitalist, and retired Procter & Gamble marketing and HR executive
"To be an effective global manager, there is nothing more critical than understanding how to frame an issue so that you are effectively communicating and motivating in a culturally sensitive manner. This book will tune you into these issues and show you how to make certain your communication is properly interpreted by your audience."
—OLGA JACOB, general sales manager (Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg), American Airlines
- Leadership: A Communication Perspective, Sixth Edition
- Elephant in the Room: How Relationships Make or Break the Success of Leaders and Organizations
- Treat People Right!: How Organizations and Employees Can Create a Win/Win Relationship to Achieve High Performance at All Levels
- The Secret Language of Leadership: How Leaders Inspire Action Through Narrative
- Leading Change in Multiple Contexts: Concepts and Practices in Organizational, Community, Political, Social, and Global Change Settings
- Reframing Organizations: Artistry, Choice, and Leadership
- Reimagining Instructional Supervision: Supervising Knowledge Work
- Financial Literacy for Managers: Finance and Accounting for Better Decision-Making (Wharton Executive Essentials)
- Be, Know, Do: Leadership the Army Way: Adapted from the Official Army Leadership Manual
- The Conflict Resolution Toolbox: Models and Maps for Analyzing, Diagnosing, and Resolving Conflict
|How to Make Picture Frames (Best of AW): 12 Simple to Stylish Projects from the Experts at American Woodworker (American Woodworker) (Best of American Woodworker Magazine)
Lowest new price: $11.66
Lowest used price: $10.79
List price: $19.95
Author: Editors of American Woodworker
A collection of some of the best framing projects published by American Woodworker magazine with expert step-by-step instructions, workshop tips and matting and mounting instructions. Add a special touch to cherished photos or artwork with hand-made picture frames. The experts at American Woodworker give step-by-step instructions using a variety of woods and styles.
Lowest new price: $19.99
Lowest used price: $3.71
List price: $36.50
Author: Marshall Gross
Brand: Brand: Craftsman Book Co
This is the complete guide to framing any gable, Dutch, Tudor, California, gambrel, shed or gazebo roof -- including irregular roofs that can stump even experienced roof cutters. The author takes you through every measurement and every cut on each type of roof -- so you understand exactly what's required. He actually builds a model of each roof described, and recommends that you do the same.
With this manual you aren't restricted to rafter lengths and pitches listed in those rafter tables that roof cutters have struggled with for years. Instead, the author explains how to use an inexpensive hand-held calculator to figure any common, hip, valley or jack rafter in seconds -- including rafters on irregular roofs and rafter pitches that aren't in any rafter table.
Anyone who knows the methods described in this practical manual should have no trouble making a good living as a master roof cutter.
- Used Book in Good Condition
|The Complete Photo Guide to Framing and Displaying Artwork: 500 Full-Color How-to Photos
Lowest new price: $9.43
Lowest used price: $4.98
List price: $24.99
Author: Vivian Carli Kistler
Brand: Kistler, Vivian Carli
Page 1 of 197
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED AS IS AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.