|Browse by Catagory:
Civil Rights & Liberties
War & Peace
Cajun & Creole Cooking
Caribbean & West Indian Cooking
Diabetic & Sugar-Free Cooking
Low Fat Cooking
Middle Eastern Cooking
Pacific Rim Cooking
Home & Garden
Literature & Fiction
Sheet Music & Scores
Environmental & Natural Resources Law
Ethics & Professional Responsibility
Procedures & Litigation
Water Supply & Land Use
Lawyer and Crimal Humor
Outdoors & Nature
Hiking & Camping
Hunting & Fishing
Beer & Beer Making
Health & Fitness
Diets & Weight Loss
Children's Science & Nature
Vitamins & Supplements
Psychology and Counseling
Philosophy of Psychology
Physiological Aspects of Psychology
Psychology of Sexuality
Psychology Testing & Measurement
Chaos & Systems
Geometry & Topology
Logic & Brain Teasers
Chaos & Systems
Geometry & Topology
Probability & Statistics
Experiments, Instruments & Measurement
Chaos & Systems
Fusion & Fission
Nuclear Magnetic Resonance
Waves & Wave Mechanics
Administration & Policy
Allied Health Professions
Medical Education & Training
Endocrinology & Metabolism
Physician & Patient
Insects & Spiders
Fish & Aquariums
Mobile & Wireless Computing: Programming
Linux Kernel & Peripherals
Linux Networking & Administration
State & Local History
Sci Fi Calendars
Bujold, Lois McMaster
Card, Orson Scott
Chalker, Jack L.
Heinlein, Robert A.
McKillip, Patricia A.
Nye, Jody Lynn
|Complete Book of Framing: An Illustrated Guide for Residential Construction
Lowest new price: $18.67
Lowest used price: $17.88
List price: $29.95
Author: Scot Simpson
The updated easy-to-learn reference for rough carpentry andframing
Complete Book of Framing, Second Edition is an updated,easy-to-learn guide to rough carpentry and framing written by anexpert with more than thirty years of framing experience. This bookguides the reader through the steps on framing floors, walls,roofs, door and window openings, and stairs. Hundreds of colorphotographs and illustrations help the reader understand the basicsas well as advanced framing methods. This Second Edition isupdated to match the framing techniques to the 2009 InternationalBuilding Code, and introduces the concept of "green framing"regarding material use and handling.
- Deals with the new corrosive treating methods that began to beused in 2004 for pressure treated wood
- Covers the time and energy-saving benefits of positiveplacement nail guns, which have become the industry standard forfastening light gage hardware
- Includes a glue-laminated beam weight chart, along with adescription of crane operations for setting these beams
Starting with the basics, this book begins with types of lumber,nails, and what tools are needed, followed by detailed, fullyillustrated steps for framing each building element—fromplanning and layout through specific nailing patterns.Framer-Friendly Tips throughout the book show how to get a taskdone right—and more easily.
Framing Tips for Every Task
Material Movement for Walls
- Locate wall framing so that once the wall is built, it can be raised into position as close to where it finally goes as possible.
- Spread the headers, trimmers, cripples, and sills as close to their final position as possible.
- Eight is an average number of 2 × 4 studs to carry.
- You can use your leg to stabilize the studs you are spreading. Stabilize them with one arm and one leg to free up your other arm so that you can spread them one at a time. This way you won’t have to set them down, then pick them back up to spread them. (See photo.)
- Select a straight plate for the top and double plates, and position any crown in the double plate in the opposite direction of the top plate crown. This will help straighten out the wall.
- Nail the headers to the studs first. Make sure that they are flush on top and on the ends of the headers.
- Nail the trimmers to the studs. Make sure that they are up tight against the bottom of the header and flush with the sides of the stud.
- Nail the studs and cripples to the plates. Nail sills to the cripples and the trimmers. Make sure that all the connections are tight and flush.
- Align the bottom plate so that when it is raised, it will be as close to the final position as possible.
- Attach the bottom plate to the floor along the inside chalk line for the wall. Toenail through the bottom plate into the floor so that the sheathing won’t cover the nails. If the wall is in position, it can be nailed on the inside, and the nails can be pulled out after the wall is raised.
- Use your tape measure to check the diagonal lengths of the wall.
- Move the top part of the wall until the diagonal lengths are equal. Example: If the diagonal measurements are different by one inch, then move the long measure toward the short measure by one half inch diagonal measure. Make sure the measurements are exact.
- Once the diagonals are the same, check by measuring the other diagonal.
- Temporarily nail the top of the wall so that it will not move while you are sheathing it. Make sure you nail so that your nails won’t be covered by the sheathing.
|Framing America: A Social History of American Art (Third Edition)
Lowest new price: $70.99
Lowest used price: $19.99
List price: $146.17
Author: Frances K. Pohl
Offers comprehensive engagement with the social, cultural, and historical context of American visual culture. Unique in its inclusive treatment, Framing America embraces the full scope of American art from the sixteenth century to the present. In addition to offering comprehensive coverage of the canon, Pohl’s narrative goes beyond the traditional, and sometimes derogatory, treatment of certain populations in American society and addresses the domestic arts and the social and political contexts of art. This is a truly comprehensive look both at the history of art in America and at the reciprocal influence of American art and society.
The Third Edition features new images, from the early years of Western Europe’s encounter with America’s native peoples to the twenty-first century’s prioritization of sustainable architecture.
360 color, 339 b&w
|Can't Fix Stupid! Swear Word Adult Coloring Book: Calming and relaxing coloring patterns and designs created with stress and anxiety relief in mind.
Lowest new price: $3.74
Lowest used price: $2.99
List price: $4.99
Author: John T
WARNING! This adult coloring book may include:
- EXTRA RELIEF! Designed and created with stress and anxiety relief in mind. Your doctor may not like this!
- BWA HA HA HA! You and your friends may suffer from non-stop laughing fits! There is no cure!
- LESS RAGE! This swear word adult coloring book contains the Rage Page which helps you relax when you need to vent. What are you going to do with your extra time when your venting sessions become shorter?
- MORE GIFT VALUE! You may find yourself giving away more presents than you planned! i.e., white elephant gifts, secret Santa gifts, and Christmas gifts for her, him, them, and everyone!
About Can't Fix Stupid We know we can't fix stupid. But, when stupid does what stupid does, we can at least color stupid away! Can't Fix Stupid, the latest adult swear word coloring book by John T, is full of playful vulgar insults and cuss words to help you get your mind off the asshats that try to ruin your day! The coloring book is specifically designed and created with stress, anxiety, adhd, and depression relief in mind. This adult coloring book also includes the Rage Page, a brand new type of coloring page. The Rage Page is a combination of chaotic designs and multiple swear words, for days when you really need to vent! Can't Fix Stupid includes five Rage Page's. Overall, you will find calm and relaxing patterns and cute animals mixed in with funny and unique swear words and phrases. This adult coloring book makes a great gift for family, friends, and co-workers!
Lowest new price: $15.11
Lowest used price: $15.01
List price: $22.95
Author: Editors of Fine Homebuilding
Brand: Brand: Taunton Press
This essential reference for pros and passionate amateurs is back with a fresh design and updated content. Written by respected builders from all over America, this extensive revision collects all the latest roof framing articles from the pages of Fine Homebuilding magazine -- from cutting rafters and framing roof valleys to building dormers and working with roof trusses. The contributors offer hardearned, job-tested advice on an impressive variety of tools, techniques, and trade secrets.
Framing Roofs shows how to work with speed and precision, and, since working on a roof is often a complicated and dangerous task, safety is always at the forefront.
Fine Homebuilding has been providing rock-solid information and inspiration to everyone who cares about quality home improvement and construction since 1981. With a circulation of 300,000, the magazine helps its dedicated readers build projects better, faster, and more efficiently. All the contributing authors of Framing Roofs are seasoned professionals who have written articles in the magazine.
- Used Book in Good Condition
|Paint and Frame: Botanical Painting: Nearly 20 Inspired Projects to Paint and Frame Instantly (Paint & Frame)
Lowest new price: $12.06
Lowest used price: $9.39
List price: $19.99
Author: Sara Boccaccini Meadows
Learn to create precious watercolor paintings that you can paint and frame in just one day.
Paint and Frame: Botanical Painting features 20 charming modern watercolor projects including florals, nature scenes, and more. With step-by-step instructions and watercolor paper included, you can try your hand at these “mini” projects, and then you can instantly display your painting in one of the enclosed frames.
Add patterns or colors to your frame, then simply fold it to an upright position, and your brand new watercolor painting can be displayed inside it. Stop storing your art projects in a drawer while you wait to get frames. These handcrafted frames are ideal for displaying artwork around the house, at your desk, or to mail as a lovely handmade gift.
Paint and Frame: Botanical Painting comes with an instruction book, 20 step-by-step watercolor projects to try, an assortment of watercolor paper, and 5 fantastic frames to decorate and personalize yourself. This is the perfect gift for the beginner artist looking to display their work in an elegant way without paying for expensive frames.
|The Power of Framing: Creating the Language of Leadership
Lowest new price: $35.00
Lowest used price: $32.81
List price: $53.00
Author: Gail T. Fairhurst
Praise for The Power of Framing
"The primary work of leadership involves managing meaning through framing. Fairhurst shows that the way leaders use language to frame people, situations, and events has important consequences for the way individuals make sense of the world and their actions. The Power of Framing is an accessible and inspirational read for leaders who want to shape their organizations in ethically responsible ways."
—J. KEVIN BARGE, professor, Texas A&M University
"An ideal book for MBA students and business professionals who are interested in specific tools for constructing leadership in their professional worlds. By focusing on the language toolbox of leadership, the book empowers anyone to construct leadership through talk and interaction."
—JOLANTA ARITZ, associate professor, Center for Management Communication, USC Marshall School of Business
"Building on her earlier acclaimed work, and written in a highly accessible style, Fairhurst's thoughtful study provides us with a practical and highly relevant analysis of the power of framing language from a leadership perspective. This is a must-have book."
—DAVID GRANT, professor of organizational studies, University of Sydney
"Communication is the most important element of leadership, and framing of the subject and situation is one of the most powerful tools available to leaders. Gail Fairhurst has created the handbook to help leaders do this right. A must-read for anyone in a leadership capacity."
—RICH KILEY, venture capitalist, and retired Procter & Gamble marketing and HR executive
"To be an effective global manager, there is nothing more critical than understanding how to frame an issue so that you are effectively communicating and motivating in a culturally sensitive manner. This book will tune you into these issues and show you how to make certain your communication is properly interpreted by your audience."
—OLGA JACOB, general sales manager (Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg), American Airlines
- Elephant in the Room: How Relationships Make or Break the Success of Leaders and Organizations
- Treat People Right!: How Organizations and Employees Can Create a Win/Win Relationship to Achieve High Performance at All Levels
- Leadership: A Communication Perspective, Sixth Edition
- Reframing Organizations: Artistry, Choice, and Leadership
- Reframing Organizations: Artistry, Choice, and Leadership
- Share, Donâ€TMt Take the Lead
- Be, Know, Do: Leadership the Army Way: Adapted from the Official Army Leadership Manual
- The Conflict Resolution Toolbox: Models and Maps for Analyzing, Diagnosing, and Resolving Conflict
- Teaming: How Organizations Learn, Innovate, and Compete in the Knowledge Economy
- Leading with Strategic Thinking: Four Ways Effective Leaders Gain Insight, Drive Change, and Get Results
Lowest new price: $22.35
Lowest used price: $4.43
List price: $36.50
Author: Marshall Gross
Brand: Brand: Craftsman Book Co
This is the complete guide to framing any gable, Dutch, Tudor, California, gambrel, shed or gazebo roof -- including irregular roofs that can stump even experienced roof cutters. The author takes you through every measurement and every cut on each type of roof -- so you understand exactly what's required. He actually builds a model of each roof described, and recommends that you do the same.
With this manual you aren't restricted to rafter lengths and pitches listed in those rafter tables that roof cutters have struggled with for years. Instead, the author explains how to use an inexpensive hand-held calculator to figure any common, hip, valley or jack rafter in seconds -- including rafters on irregular roofs and rafter pitches that aren't in any rafter table.
Anyone who knows the methods described in this practical manual should have no trouble making a good living as a master roof cutter.
- Used Book in Good Condition
|How to Make Picture Frames (Best of AW): 12 Simple to Stylish Projects from the Experts at American Woodworker (American Woodworker) (Best of American Woodworker Magazine)
Lowest new price: $9.99
Lowest used price: $6.80
List price: $19.95
Author: Editors of American Woodworker
A collection of some of the best framing projects published by American Woodworker magazine with expert step-by-step instructions, workshop tips and matting and mounting instructions. Add a special touch to cherished photos or artwork with hand-made picture frames. The experts at American Woodworker give step-by-step instructions using a variety of woods and styles.
|The Complete Photo Guide to Framing and Displaying Artwork: 500 Full-Color How-to Photos
Lowest new price: $8.49
Lowest used price: $2.43
List price: $24.99
Author: Vivian Carli Kistler
Brand: Kistler, Vivian Carli
Step-by-step color photos for all areas of matting and framing; the information is complete, accurate, and up-to-date. This book includes top-notch instructions for archival framing—the correct methods and materials for preserving photos and artwork for posterity. The author also provides inspiration and helpful examples to show people how to display their artwork using basic design principles in a manner that is easily grasped. There are important techniques to follow for success—even the basic mechanics of hanging a picture.
|Mat, Mount and Frame It Yourself (Crafts Highlights)
Lowest new price: $18.95
Lowest used price: $2.00
List price: $24.95
Author: David Logan
Now it’s easier than ever to save time and money doing your own framing at home.
This one-stop source demonstrates how easy it is to mat, mount, and frame art on paper and cloth, as well as three-dimensional objects. Readers will discover, step by step, how to determine measurements and proportions . . . select colors and accents for matting . . . obtain the necessary materials and equipment . . . cut the materials to size . . . mat, mount, and frame the art (including the cold, hard truth about making your own frames) . . . and glaze, install, and hang framed art. Helpful sidebars and clear illustrations make everything easy. Plus, a final chapter offers suggestions on how to turn this inexpensive and rewarding hobby into a profitable business.
- Used Book in Good Condition
Page 1 of 207
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED AS IS AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.