|Browse by Catagory:
Civil Rights & Liberties
War & Peace
Cajun & Creole Cooking
Caribbean & West Indian Cooking
Diabetic & Sugar-Free Cooking
Low Fat Cooking
Middle Eastern Cooking
Pacific Rim Cooking
Home & Garden
Literature & Fiction
Sheet Music & Scores
Environmental & Natural Resources Law
Ethics & Professional Responsibility
Procedures & Litigation
Water Supply & Land Use
Lawyer and Crimal Humor
Outdoors & Nature
Hiking & Camping
Hunting & Fishing
Beer & Beer Making
Health & Fitness
Diets & Weight Loss
Children's Science & Nature
Vitamins & Supplements
Psychology and Counseling
Philosophy of Psychology
Physiological Aspects of Psychology
Psychology of Sexuality
Psychology Testing & Measurement
Chaos & Systems
Geometry & Topology
Logic & Brain Teasers
Chaos & Systems
Geometry & Topology
Probability & Statistics
Experiments, Instruments & Measurement
Chaos & Systems
Fusion & Fission
Nuclear Magnetic Resonance
Waves & Wave Mechanics
Administration & Policy
Allied Health Professions
Medical Education & Training
Endocrinology & Metabolism
Physician & Patient
Insects & Spiders
Fish & Aquariums
Mobile & Wireless Computing: Programming
Linux Kernel & Peripherals
Linux Networking & Administration
State & Local History
Sci Fi Calendars
Bujold, Lois McMaster
Card, Orson Scott
Chalker, Jack L.
Heinlein, Robert A.
McKillip, Patricia A.
Nye, Jody Lynn
|Carving the Little Guys: Easy Techniques for Beginning Woodcarvers (Fox Chapel Publishing) Skill-Building Introduction to the Art of Caricature Carving: Wood, Tools, Sharpening, Finishing, & More
Lowest new price: $7.27
Lowest used price: $7.27
List price: $9.99
Author: Keith Randich
This skill-building beginner's guide reveals the secrets of capturing humor and expression in caricature carving. Learn caricature carving the easy way with:
- Skill-building practice exercises
- Step-by-step color photographs
- Tips & techniques for beginning carvers
- Adding faces, ears, hats, hands, & feet
- Finishing & painting your Little Guy
- Basics of wood, knives, honing & safety
Carving the Little Guys presents an accessible introduction to the art of caricature carving for beginning woodcarvers.
Author Keith Randich takes you cut-by-cut through the process of transforming a small block of wood into an expressive Little Guy. This easy-to-learn tutorial teaches all of the essential techniques needed to get started in an enjoyable and rewarding new hobby.
Discover what really gives these Little Guys their character, as you use your knife to craft cleverly exaggerated features like noses, boots, bellies, and shoes. And Carving the Little Guys covers all of the basics you'll need to know about wood, tools, sharpening, cutting, safety, finishing, repairs, and more.
Once you know how to carve one Little Guy, you are on your way to creating a variety of different occupation and personality types. With a simple turn of the knife point here or there you can completely change your Little Guy into a Soldier, Hunter, Fireman, Doctor, Fisherman, or even a Little Gal!
- Whittling Little Folk: 20 Delightful Characters to Carve and Paint (Fox Chapel Publishing) Scandinavian Style Flat-Plane Carving with 4-Perspective Photos Providing 360-Degree Views of Each Project
- Carving Faces Workbook: Learn to Carve Facial Expressions with the Legendary Harold Enlow (Fox Chapel Publishing) Detailed Lips, Eyes, Noses, and Hair to Add Expressive Life to Your Woodcarvings
- Whittling Country Folk, Revised Edition: 12 Caricature Projects with Personality
- Walnut Hollow 10 Piece Whittlers Carving Kit
- 20-Minute Whittling Projects: Fun Things to Carve from Wood (Fox Chapel Publishing) Step-by-Step Instructions & Photos to Whittle Expressive Figures; Wizards, Gargoyles, Dogs, & More for Gift-Giving
- Complete Starter Guide to Whittling: 24 Easy Projects You Can Make in a Weekend (Fox Chapel Publishing) Beginner-Friendly Step-by-Step Instructions, Tips, and Ready-to-Carve Patterns for Toys & Gifts
- Treeline Leather Thumb Guard, Size Large, Made in USA
- Large Complete Basswood Carving Blocks Kit - Best Whittling Kit for Kids - Preferred Soft Wood Block Sizes Included - Made in The USA
- Whittling the Country Bear & His Friends: 12 Simple Projects for Beginners
- The Beginner's Handbook of Woodcarving: With Project Patterns for Line Carving, Relief Carving, Carving in the Round, and Bird Carving
|Fairy House: How to Make Amazing Fairy Furniture, Miniatures, and More from Natural Materials
Lowest new price: $13.13
Lowest used price: $11.04
List price: $24.95
Author: Debbie Schramer
Fairy House is a fascinating adventure into the making of miniscule kingdoms of the fairytale realm from objects found in nature. Through more than 350 clear, detailed, full-color photographs and understandable yet whimsical guidance, the reader will learn to fashion intricate, tiny cups from acorn pods and grapevine tendrils, dreamlike beds from delicate flowers and leaves, and an amazing array of other beautiful and unique pieces that will inspire the reader to find their true artistic ability and imagination. A photo gallery of other stunning pieces provides the reader with more possibilities to create.
The Forest Cottage
The Fairy Garden
Princess Canopy Bed
Garden Wishing Well
Tower for the Elfin King
The Gardener's Wagon
The Fairyboat Bed
and many more!
|Big Book of Gizmos & Gadgets: Expert Advice and 15 All-Time Favorite Projects and Patterns (Fox Chapel Publishing) Step-by-Step Wooden Mechanical Marvels, with a Full-Size Pull-Out Pattern Pack
Lowest new price: $7.50
Lowest used price: $10.86
List price: $16.99
Author: Editors of Scroll Saw Woodworking & Crafts
Brand: Fox Chapel Publishing
Make wildly inspired mechanical marvels from wood with the step-by-step projects and full-sized patterns inside Big Book of Gizmos & Gadgets!
- 15 clever projects including a rubber band gun, wooden gear machine, varied automatons, & more
- Full-size pattern pack attached to the back of the book in a handy pull-out pouch
- Beginner-friendly to advanced projects so you'll be sure to find something new and fun to make, no matter your skill level
- Make a wooden machine with your own two hands that actually moves
- Learn from woodworking experts like Clayton Boyer, Bob Gilsdorf, Dug North, Richard Packer, & David Wakefield
Inside this curated collection of the best projects from Fox Chapel Publishing's popular Gizmos and Gadgets magazine, you'll find ingenious plans for making 15 wildly inspired mechanical marvels from wood. These working wooden wonders might just be the most enjoyable projects you ever build in your shop!
Well-illustrated step-by-step projects are arranged by skill level from beginner to advanced, with full-sized, pull-out patterns attached to the book in a handy pouch.
Projects range from a Rapid-Fire Rubber Band Gun and a Wooden Padlock Treasure Chest to noisemakers and classic automatons for cowboys, ballerinas, cats, ships, and more.
Create fun games and toys for the whole family, and discover the secrets of kinetic sculpture to build your own interactive wooden gear machine!
The shop-tested designs for 15 clever contraptions include:
- Rapid-Fire Rubber Band Gun
- Interactive Wooden Gear Machine
- Mad Scientist Frankenswitch
- Two-Track Marble Racer
- Amazing Automatons
- Wooden Ratchet Noisemaker
- ...and many more!
|Rubber Band Engineer: Build Slingshot Powered Rockets, Rubber Band Rifles, Unconventional Catapults, and More Guerrilla Gadgets from Household Hardware
Lowest new price: $11.23
Lowest used price: $5.64
List price: $22.99
Author: Lance Akiyama
Brand: Rockport Publishers
You don't have to be a genius to create these ingenious contraptions, you just need rubber bands, glue, paperclips, and Rubber Band Engineer, of course.
Shooting far, flying high, and delivering way more exciting results than expected are the goals of the gadgets in Rubber Band Engineer. Discover unexpected ways to turn common materials into crafty contraptions that range from surprisingly simple to curiously complex.
In vivid color photos, you'll be guided on how to create slingshot rockets, unique catapults, and even hydraulic-powered machines. Whether you build one or all 19 of these designs, you'll feel like an ingenious engineer when you're through. Best of all, you don't need to be an experienced tinkerer to make any of the projects! All you need are household tools and materials, such as paper clips, pencils, paint stirrers, and ice pop sticks.
Oh, and rubber bands. Lots of rubber bands.
Grab your glue gun, pull out your pliers, track down your tape, and get started on the challenging, fun, and rewarding journey toward becoming a rubber band engineer.
- Duct Tape Engineer: The Book of Big, Bigger, and Epic Duct Tape Projects
- Tinkering: Kids Learn by Making Stuff (Make)
- Make: Paper Inventions: Machines that Move, Drawings that Light Up, and Wearables and Structures You Can Cut, Fold, and Roll
- Making Simple Robots: Exploring Cutting-Edge Robotics with Everyday Stuff
- Maker Lab: 28 Super Cool Projects: Build * Invent * Create * Discover
- Planes, Gliders and Paper Rockets: Simple Flying Things Anyone Can Make--Kites and Copters, Too!
- Backyard Ballistics: Build Potato Cannons, Paper Match Rockets, Cincinnati Fire Kites, Tennis Ball Mortars, and More Dynamite Devices
- The Big Book of Makerspace Projects: Inspiring Makers to Experiment, Create, and Learn
- Mini Weapons of Mass Destruction: Build Implements of Spitball Warfare
- Mini Weapons of Mass Destruction 2: Build a Secret Agent Arsenal
|Sewing Clothes for Barbie: 24 Stylish Outfits for Fashion Dolls
Lowest new price: $11.83
Lowest used price: $11.83
List price: $17.95
Author: Annabel Benilan
Sew Barbie this cute wardrobe of 24 stylish outfits. Sew clothes for every day or create outfits for special occasions. The detailed explanations are accompanied by step-by-step diagrams and real-size patterns.
Sew Barbie this cute wardrobe of 24 stylish outfits. Sew clothes for every day: jeans and a tie-waist shirt for a picnic in the country, a fleecy jumper and pants for skiing, a bikini, towel and sunhat for the beach or dungarees for DIY. Or create outfits for special occasions, such as a floral cocktail dress, A-line wedding dress or a formal lacy dress for the theater. And why not dip into the dressing-up box with fairy, mermaid and superwoman costumes? The detailed explanations are accompanied by step-by-step diagrams and real-size patterns, which can be adapted for petite, curvy, tall or original Barbie. The techniques used are simple and the outfits can be sewn by hand or on the machine. These are ideal projects for upcycling old clothes or making use of scraps of fabric from your stash.
|Paracord!: How to Make the Best Bracelets, Lanyards, Key Chains, Buckles, and More
Lowest new price: $10.40
Lowest used price: $10.69
List price: $14.99
Author: Todd Mikkelsen
Brand: Skyhorse Publishing
Todd Mikkelsen's Paracord! offers a diverse collection of projects that utilize parachute cords—known around the world as paracord. Used by paratroopers and other military personnel during World War II, this lightweight nylon rope is now one of the most sought-after materials by crafters.
Its durability and flexibility make it perfect for creating everyday accessories such as belts, bracelets, buckles, necklaces, dog leashes and collars, key chains, and more. As you will see in Mikkelsen's book, this rope comes in various colors, from army green to hot pink, making it easy to personalize every type of project.
In Paracord!, you'll find step-by-step instructions that take you through every project. Each step is accompanied by a photo that clearly illustrates the process. In addition to learning how to make these accessories, Mikkelsen also includes introductory chapters preparing your paracord for crafting, tying different types of knots, and caring for and cleaning your completed paracord projects.
- Brand New Item / Unopened Product
- Skyhorse Publishing
- Paracord Outdoor Gear Projects: Simple Instructions for Survival Bracelets and Other DIY Projects (Fox Chapel Publishing) 12 Easy Lanyards, Keychains, and More using Parachute Cord for Ropecrafting
- Paracord Planet 550lb Type III Paracord Combo Crafting Kits with Buckles (ZOMBIE)
- Paracord Fusion Ties - Volume 1: Straps, Slip Knots, Falls, Bars, and Bundles
- SpeedyJig PRO - Paracord Bracelet Kit and Jig | Easily Make Paracord Bracelets from 4" to over 13" | Adjustable Steel Frame Made in the USA | Includes Free Paracord & Buckles
- Aketek Stainless Steel 550 Paracord Fid, Lacing, Stitching Needles (2pcs)
- Pepperell TOOL01 Ezzzy-Jig Bracelet Maker-
- Paracord Fusion Ties - Volume 2: Survival Ties, Pouches, Bars, Snake Knots, and Sinnets
- 60 - 5/8", 1/2", & 3/8" Black Side Release Buckles (20 Each) For Paracord Bracelets
- EZ Paracord Splicer
- Paracord Critters: Animal Shaped Knots and Ties
|My Felt Doll: 12 Easy Patterns for Wonderful Whimsical Dolls
Lowest new price: $11.18
Lowest used price: $10.82
List price: $24.99
Author: Shelly Down
Brand: David & Charles
Sewing soft dolls has never been easier with these adorable patterns from Gingermelon designer Shelly Down!
The eagerly anticipated first book by popular toy designer Shelly Down, My Felt Doll shows sewers of all abilities how to make adorable soft dolls using the most basic of materials and skills.
With just felt sheets and a handful of simple notions, you will learn how to sew the simple yet delightful doll pattern and then discover 11 imaginative variations on the design, plus over 40 accompanying accessories – from a mermaid to a witch, from a princess to a superhero and from a ballerina to a bride – guaranteed to delight little girls everywhere.
With no hems to sew and all the stitching done by hand, My Felt Doll makes a great entry point to sewing dolls for beginners and even children.
Full-size templates make life easy – trace straight from the page with no need to enlarge.
|Making Things Move DIY Mechanisms for Inventors, Hobbyists, and Artists
Lowest new price: $12.95
Lowest used price: $6.98
List price: $30.00
Author: Dustyn Roberts
Brand: McGraw-Hill Tab Electronics
A unique guide to practical mechanical design principles and their applications
In Making Things Move, you'll learn how to build moving mechanisms through non-technical explanations, examples, and do-it-yourself projects--from art installations to toys to labor-saving devices. The projects include a drawing machine, a mini wind turbine, a mousetrap powered car, and more, but the applications of the examples are limited only by your imagination. A breadth of topics is covered ranging from how to attach couplers and shafts to a motor, to converting between rotary and linear motion.
Each chapter features photographs, drawings, and screenshots of the components and systems involved. Emphasis is placed on using off-the-shelf components whenever possible, and most projects also use readily available metals, plastics, wood, and cardboard, as well as accessible fabrication techniques such as laser cutting. Small projects in each chapter are designed to engage you in applying the material in the chapter at hand. Later in the book, more involved projects incorporate material from several chapters.
Making Things Move:
Hands-on coverage of moving mechanisms
- Focuses on practical applications and results, not abstract engineering theories
- Contains more than a dozen topic-focused projects and three large-scale projects incorporating lessons from the whole book
- Features shopping lists and guides to off-the-shelf components for the projects
- Incorporates discussions of new fabrication techniques such as laser cutting and 3D printing, and how you can gain access
- Includes online component for continuing education with the book's companion website and blog (makingthingsmove.com)
Introduction to Mechanisms and Machines; Materials and Where to Find Them; Screwed or Glued? On Fastening and Joining Parts; Forces, Friction and Torque (Oh My); Mechanical and Electrical Power, Work, and Energy; Eeny, Meeny, Miny, Motor? - Creating and Controlling Motion; The Guts: Bearings, Bushings. Couplers, and Gears; Rotary vs. Linear Motion; Automatons and Mechanical Toys; Making Things and Getting Them Made; Projects
- McGraw-Hill Tab Electronics
|Easy Origami Animals
Lowest new price: $0.39
Lowest used price: $3.00
List price: $5.95
Author: John Montroll
Brand: John Montroll
Created by an origami master, these 23 models offer a menagerie of easy-to-fold animals. Figures include birds — a cardinal, parrot, bald eagle, and cranes — and a fox, pig, hippo, elephant, lion, and others. Diagrams illustrate every step of the folding process, and full-color pictures depict the completed models.
Internationally renowned author John Montroll has significantly increased the origami repertoire with his original designs. Best known as the inspiration behind the single-square, no-cuts, no-glue approach, the American origami expert offers readers meticulously developed folding sequences that allow them to create better models with fewer steps.
|Lalylala's Beetles Bugs and Butterflies: A Crochet Story of Tiny Creatures and Big Dreams
Lowest new price: $16.03
Lowest used price: $16.51
List price: $24.99
Author: Lydia Tresselt
Hello bug lovers and crochet adventurers!
Grab your research equipment (magnifying glass, flask of tea, crochet hook, scissors and yarn) and follow us into a world full of magic and science, a microcosm of tiny creatures and big dreams! In this book you will find not only a charming selection of crochet patterns to create scrabbling beetles, beautiful bugs and fluttering butterfly crochet amigurumi, but also a wonderful story to read out loud and ponder on: a tale about growing up; accepting change and the power of dreams.
Watch tiny creatures hatching from their eggs, look on as they munch through a green world, and be astonished at their marvelous transformations when they finally slip out of their cocoons. The wings and hats are interchangeable so you can use the patterns in this book to create new outfits for your little insect friends. Give your caterpillar a new set of wings for every day of the week, or cover your beetle in the most colourful wing suits. Be inspired by nature to make creatures of your own creation. It's a great little world full of possibilities. We wish you lots of fun on your journey of discovery and learning!
Page 2 of 223
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED AS IS AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.