|Browse by Catagory:
Civil Rights & Liberties
War & Peace
Cajun & Creole Cooking
Caribbean & West Indian Cooking
Diabetic & Sugar-Free Cooking
Low Fat Cooking
Middle Eastern Cooking
Pacific Rim Cooking
Home & Garden
Literature & Fiction
Sheet Music & Scores
Environmental & Natural Resources Law
Ethics & Professional Responsibility
Procedures & Litigation
Water Supply & Land Use
Lawyer and Crimal Humor
Outdoors & Nature
Hiking & Camping
Hunting & Fishing
Beer & Beer Making
Health & Fitness
Diets & Weight Loss
Children's Science & Nature
Vitamins & Supplements
Psychology and Counseling
Philosophy of Psychology
Physiological Aspects of Psychology
Psychology of Sexuality
Psychology Testing & Measurement
Chaos & Systems
Geometry & Topology
Logic & Brain Teasers
Chaos & Systems
Geometry & Topology
Probability & Statistics
Experiments, Instruments & Measurement
Chaos & Systems
Fusion & Fission
Nuclear Magnetic Resonance
Waves & Wave Mechanics
Administration & Policy
Allied Health Professions
Medical Education & Training
Endocrinology & Metabolism
Physician & Patient
Insects & Spiders
Fish & Aquariums
Mobile & Wireless Computing: Programming
Linux Kernel & Peripherals
Linux Networking & Administration
State & Local History
Sci Fi Calendars
Bujold, Lois McMaster
Card, Orson Scott
Chalker, Jack L.
Heinlein, Robert A.
McKillip, Patricia A.
Nye, Jody Lynn
|Easy Origami Animals
Lowest new price: $5.28
Lowest used price: $3.00
List price: $5.95
Author: John Montroll
Brand: John Montroll
Created by an origami master, these 23 models offer a menagerie of easy-to-fold animals. Figures include birds — a cardinal, parrot, bald eagle, and cranes — and a fox, pig, hippo, elephant, lion, and others. Diagrams illustrate every step of the folding process, and full-color pictures depict the completed models.
Internationally renowned author John Montroll has significantly increased the origami repertoire with his original designs. Best known as the inspiration behind the single-square, no-cuts, no-glue approach, the American origami expert offers readers meticulously developed folding sequences that allow them to create better models with fewer steps.
|Lalylala's Beetles Bugs and Butterflies: A Crochet Story of Tiny Creatures and Big Dreams
Lowest new price: $15.78
Lowest used price: $15.53
List price: $24.99
Author: Lydia Tresselt
Hello bug lovers and crochet adventurers!
Grab your research equipment (magnifying glass, flask of tea, crochet hook, scissors and yarn) and follow us into a world full of magic and science, a microcosm of tiny creatures and big dreams! In this book you will find not only a charming selection of crochet patterns to create scrabbling beetles, beautiful bugs and fluttering butterfly crochet amigurumi, but also a wonderful story to read out loud and ponder on: a tale about growing up; accepting change and the power of dreams.
Watch tiny creatures hatching from their eggs, look on as they munch through a green world, and be astonished at their marvelous transformations when they finally slip out of their cocoons. The wings and hats are interchangeable so you can use the patterns in this book to create new outfits for your little insect friends. Give your caterpillar a new set of wings for every day of the week, or cover your beetle in the most colourful wing suits. Be inspired by nature to make creatures of your own creation. It's a great little world full of possibilities. We wish you lots of fun on your journey of discovery and learning!
|Mind-Blowing Modular Origami: The Art of Polyhedral Paper Folding: Use Origami Math to fold Complex, Innovative Geometric Origami Models
Lowest new price: $11.70
Lowest used price: $6.49
List price: $16.95
Author: Byriah Loper
Brand: Tuttle Publishing
Modular origami is the latest craze in paper folding!
These three-dimensional models are created from many small pieces of paper that are easily folded and then cleverly fit together to form a spectacular shape. They range from paper polyhedra to bristling buckyballs that are reminiscent of sea urchins—to ornate flower-like spheres.
Each piece of paper is held by the tension of the other papers—demonstrating the remarkable hidden properties of paper, which is at the same time flexible but also durable!
Author Byriah Loper has been creating modular origami sculptures for just five years, but in that time, he's pushed the upper limits of the art form with some of the most significant, most complex geometric paper constructions ever assembled. While many geo-modular origami artists focus on creating dense floral spheres, Byriah has pioneered the open, linear "wire frame" approach, which results in a very complex-looking model that reveals the interior of its form. He regularly exhibits his sculptures annually at the Origami USA convention in New York and was recently a featured artist at the "Surface to Structure" exhibition at the Cooper Union gallery in the East Village.
A great way to learn origami, the easy-to-follow diagrams and step-by-step instructions in this book show you how to fold the paper components and then assemble them to create 22 incredible models. Each model is a new challenge, and the paper sculptures you create look fantastic on your desk or shelf!
- Mind Blowing Modular Origami The Art of Polyhedral Paper Folding Use Origami Math to fold Complex Innovative Geometric Origami Models
|Fairy House: How to Make Amazing Fairy Furniture, Miniatures, and More from Natural Materials
Lowest new price: $15.04
Lowest used price: $17.57
List price: $24.95
Author: Debbie Schramer
Fairy House is a fascinating adventure into the making of miniscule kingdoms of the fairytale realm from objects found in nature. Through more than 350 clear, detailed, full-color photographs and understandable yet whimsical guidance, the reader will learn to fashion intricate, tiny cups from acorn pods and grapevine tendrils, dreamlike beds from delicate flowers and leaves, and an amazing array of other beautiful and unique pieces that will inspire the reader to find their true artistic ability and imagination. A photo gallery of other stunning pieces provides the reader with more possibilities to create.
The Forest Cottage
The Fairy Garden
Princess Canopy Bed
Garden Wishing Well
Tower for the Elfin King
The Gardener's Wagon
The Fairyboat Bed
and many more!
|Rubber Band Engineer: Build Slingshot Powered Rockets, Rubber Band Rifles, Unconventional Catapults, and More Guerrilla Gadgets from Household Hardware
Lowest new price: $12.78
Lowest used price: $6.74
List price: $22.99
Author: Lance Akiyama
Brand: Rockport Publishers
You don't have to be a genius to create these ingenious contraptions, you just need rubber bands, glue, paperclips, and Rubber Band Engineer, of course.
Shooting far, flying high, and delivering way more exciting results than expected are the goals of the gadgets in Rubber Band Engineer. Discover unexpected ways to turn common materials into crafty contraptions that range from surprisingly simple to curiously complex.
In vivid color photos, you'll be guided on how to create slingshot rockets, unique catapults, and even hydraulic-powered machines. Whether you build one or all 19 of these designs, you'll feel like an ingenious engineer when you're through. Best of all, you don't need to be an experienced tinkerer to make any of the projects! All you need are household tools and materials, such as paper clips, pencils, paint stirrers, and ice pop sticks.
Oh, and rubber bands. Lots of rubber bands.
Grab your glue gun, pull out your pliers, track down your tape, and get started on the challenging, fun, and rewarding journey toward becoming a rubber band engineer.
- Duct Tape Engineer: The Book of Big, Bigger, and Epic Duct Tape Projects
- Tinkering: Kids Learn by Making Stuff (Make)
- Make: Paper Inventions: Machines that Move, Drawings that Light Up, and Wearables and Structures You Can Cut, Fold, and Roll
- Making Simple Robots: Exploring Cutting-Edge Robotics with Everyday Stuff
- Maker Lab: 28 Super Cool Projects: Build * Invent * Create * Discover
- Planes, Gliders and Paper Rockets: Simple Flying Things Anyone Can Make--Kites and Copters, Too!
- Mini Weapons of Mass Destruction: Build Implements of Spitball Warfare
- The Big Book of Makerspace Projects: Inspiring Makers to Experiment, Create, and Learn
- Backyard Ballistics: Build Potato Cannons, Paper Match Rockets, Cincinnati Fire Kites, Tennis Ball Mortars, and More Dynamite Devices
- Mini Weapons of Mass Destruction 2: Build a Secret Agent Arsenal
|Big Book of Gizmos & Gadgets: Expert Advice and 15 All-Time Favorite Projects and Patterns (Fox Chapel Publishing) Step-by-Step Wooden Mechanical Marvels, with a Full-Size Pull-Out Pattern Pack
Lowest new price: $10.14
Lowest used price: $10.13
List price: $16.99
Author: Editors of Scroll Saw Woodworking & Crafts
Brand: Fox Chapel Publishing
Make wildly inspired mechanical marvels from wood with the step-by-step projects and full-sized patterns inside Big Book of Gizmos & Gadgets!
- 15 clever projects including a rubber band gun, wooden gear machine, varied automatons, & more
- Full-size pattern pack attached to the back of the book in a handy pull-out pouch
- Beginner-friendly to advanced projects so you'll be sure to find something new and fun to make, no matter your skill level
- Make a wooden machine with your own two hands that actually moves
- Learn from woodworking experts like Clayton Boyer, Bob Gilsdorf, Dug North, Richard Packer, & David Wakefield
Inside this curated collection of the best projects from Fox Chapel Publishing's popular Gizmos and Gadgets magazine, you'll find ingenious plans for making 15 wildly inspired mechanical marvels from wood. These working wooden wonders might just be the most enjoyable projects you ever build in your shop!
Well-illustrated step-by-step projects are arranged by skill level from beginner to advanced, with full-sized, pull-out patterns attached to the book in a handy pouch.
Projects range from a Rapid-Fire Rubber Band Gun and a Wooden Padlock Treasure Chest to noisemakers and classic automatons for cowboys, ballerinas, cats, ships, and more.
Create fun games and toys for the whole family, and discover the secrets of kinetic sculpture to build your own interactive wooden gear machine!
The shop-tested designs for 15 clever contraptions include:
- Rapid-Fire Rubber Band Gun
- Interactive Wooden Gear Machine
- Mad Scientist Frankenswitch
- Two-Track Marble Racer
- Amazing Automatons
- Wooden Ratchet Noisemaker
- ...and many more!
|Making Things Move DIY Mechanisms for Inventors, Hobbyists, and Artists
Lowest new price: $12.99
Lowest used price: $7.47
List price: $30.00
Author: Dustyn Roberts
Brand: McGraw-Hill Tab Electronics
A unique guide to practical mechanical design principles and their applications
In Making Things Move, you'll learn how to build moving mechanisms through non-technical explanations, examples, and do-it-yourself projects--from art installations to toys to labor-saving devices. The projects include a drawing machine, a mini wind turbine, a mousetrap powered car, and more, but the applications of the examples are limited only by your imagination. A breadth of topics is covered ranging from how to attach couplers and shafts to a motor, to converting between rotary and linear motion.
Each chapter features photographs, drawings, and screenshots of the components and systems involved. Emphasis is placed on using off-the-shelf components whenever possible, and most projects also use readily available metals, plastics, wood, and cardboard, as well as accessible fabrication techniques such as laser cutting. Small projects in each chapter are designed to engage you in applying the material in the chapter at hand. Later in the book, more involved projects incorporate material from several chapters.
Making Things Move:
Hands-on coverage of moving mechanisms
- Focuses on practical applications and results, not abstract engineering theories
- Contains more than a dozen topic-focused projects and three large-scale projects incorporating lessons from the whole book
- Features shopping lists and guides to off-the-shelf components for the projects
- Incorporates discussions of new fabrication techniques such as laser cutting and 3D printing, and how you can gain access
- Includes online component for continuing education with the book's companion website and blog (makingthingsmove.com)
Introduction to Mechanisms and Machines; Materials and Where to Find Them; Screwed or Glued? On Fastening and Joining Parts; Forces, Friction and Torque (Oh My); Mechanical and Electrical Power, Work, and Energy; Eeny, Meeny, Miny, Motor? - Creating and Controlling Motion; The Guts: Bearings, Bushings. Couplers, and Gears; Rotary vs. Linear Motion; Automatons and Mechanical Toys; Making Things and Getting Them Made; Projects
- McGraw-Hill Tab Electronics
|Ultimate Paper Airplanes for Kids: The Best Guide to Paper Airplanes!: Includes Instruction Book with 12 Innovative Designs & 48 Tear-Out Paper Planes
Lowest new price: $9.12
Lowest used price: $4.00
List price: $14.95
Author: Andrew Dewar
Brand: Andrew Dewar
**Winner of the 2016 Creative Child Magazine Product of the Year Award**
Kids will love to fold and fly these sturdy, aerodynamic paper airplanes!
In this brand new origami book with folding papers, paper airplane expert Andrew Dewar presents his ultimate collection of easy-to-fold, high-performance planes for kids who are fascinated by paper or origami airplanes. These planes are brightly colored and designed to fly beautifully every time.
The book opens with a fascinating primer on the principles of flight so kids can learn about the forces that enable a plane to fly and affect the performance of their planes. They'll have fun coaxing the planes through their paces: doing loops, barrel rolls, glides and dives. The sky is the limit once they understand how planes interact with the atmosphere!
This paper airplanes book contains:
- 12 innovative designs
- 48 pre-cut paper airplane models
- Detailed instructions for each paper plane
- Special, durable lightweight cardstock
- Printed folding lines for perfect folds
- Colorful and realistic designs
- A pull-out airport runway for landing maneuvers
- Ultimate Paper Airplanes for Kids The Best Guide to Paper Airplanes 12 Innovative Designs 48 Tear Out Planes
|Paracord!: How to Make the Best Bracelets, Lanyards, Key Chains, Buckles, and More
Lowest new price: $8.14
Lowest used price: $7.39
List price: $14.99
Author: Todd Mikkelsen
Brand: Skyhorse Publishing
Todd Mikkelsen's Paracord! offers a diverse collection of projects that utilize parachute cords—known around the world as paracord. Used by paratroopers and other military personnel during World War II, this lightweight nylon rope is now one of the most sought-after materials by crafters.
Its durability and flexibility make it perfect for creating everyday accessories such as belts, bracelets, buckles, necklaces, dog leashes and collars, key chains, and more. As you will see in Mikkelsen's book, this rope comes in various colors, from army green to hot pink, making it easy to personalize every type of project.
In Paracord!, you'll find step-by-step instructions that take you through every project. Each step is accompanied by a photo that clearly illustrates the process. In addition to learning how to make these accessories, Mikkelsen also includes introductory chapters preparing your paracord for crafting, tying different types of knots, and caring for and cleaning your completed paracord projects.
- Brand New Item / Unopened Product
- Skyhorse Publishing
- Paracord Outdoor Gear Projects: Simple Instructions for Survival Bracelets and Other DIY Projects (Fox Chapel Publishing) 12 Easy Lanyards, Keychains, More using Parachute Cord for Ropecrafting
- Paracord Planet 550lb Type III Paracord Combo Crafting Kits with Buckles (ZOMBIE)
- SpeedyJig Pro Paracord Bracelet Jig Kit - Fun and Easy Way to Weave Bracelets from 4" to over 12" - Solid Steel Construction Made In the USA
- Paracord Fusion Ties - Volume 1: Straps, Slip Knots, Falls, Bars, and Bundles
- Pepperell TOOL01 Ezzzy-Jig Bracelet Maker-
- Aketek Stainless Steel 550 Paracord Fid, Lacing, Stitching Needles (2pcs)
- SpeedyJig XL Extra Long Paracord Bracelet Jig Kit - Make Bracelets and Other Projects from 4" to over 18" - Solid Steel - Made in the USA
- Paracord Fusion Ties - Volume 2: Survival Ties, Pouches, Bars, Snake Knots, and Sinnets
- All Wrapped Up In Paracord: Knife and Tool Wraps, Survival Bracelets, And More Projects With Parachute Cord
- D-FantiX Alloy Paracord Buckles, Adjustable D Shackle Paracord Bracelet Buckles Survival U Shape (Pack of 10)
|Origami Paper - Traditional Japanese Designs - Large 8 1/4: Tuttle Origami Paper: 48 High-Quality Origami Sheets Printed with 12 Different Patterns: for 6 Projects Included (Origami Paper Packs)
Lowest new price: $4.94
Lowest used price: $4.76
List price: $6.95
Author: Tuttle Publishing
This pack contains 48 high-quality origami sheets printed with 12 different traditional Japanese designs.
This origami paper pack includes durable, authentic origami paper folding sheets with a variety of colors. It's perfect for any folder who wants to add a distinctive flair to their origami projects.
This origami paper pack includes:
- 48 sheets of high-quality origami paper
- 12 traditional Japanese patterns
- Double-sided color
- Large 8 1/4'' squares
- Origami basics and folding techniques
- Instructions for 6 easy origami projects
Page 2 of 218
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED AS IS AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.