|Browse by Catagory:
Civil Rights & Liberties
War & Peace
Cajun & Creole Cooking
Caribbean & West Indian Cooking
Diabetic & Sugar-Free Cooking
Low Fat Cooking
Middle Eastern Cooking
Pacific Rim Cooking
Home & Garden
Literature & Fiction
Sheet Music & Scores
Environmental & Natural Resources Law
Ethics & Professional Responsibility
Procedures & Litigation
Water Supply & Land Use
Lawyer and Crimal Humor
Outdoors & Nature
Hiking & Camping
Hunting & Fishing
Beer & Beer Making
Health & Fitness
Diets & Weight Loss
Children's Science & Nature
Vitamins & Supplements
Psychology and Counseling
Philosophy of Psychology
Physiological Aspects of Psychology
Psychology of Sexuality
Psychology Testing & Measurement
Chaos & Systems
Geometry & Topology
Logic & Brain Teasers
Chaos & Systems
Geometry & Topology
Probability & Statistics
Experiments, Instruments & Measurement
Chaos & Systems
Fusion & Fission
Nuclear Magnetic Resonance
Waves & Wave Mechanics
Administration & Policy
Allied Health Professions
Medical Education & Training
Endocrinology & Metabolism
Physician & Patient
Insects & Spiders
Fish & Aquariums
Mobile & Wireless Computing: Programming
Linux Kernel & Peripherals
Linux Networking & Administration
State & Local History
Sci Fi Calendars
Bujold, Lois McMaster
Card, Orson Scott
Chalker, Jack L.
Heinlein, Robert A.
McKillip, Patricia A.
Nye, Jody Lynn
|The LEGO Technic Idea Book: Simple Machines
Lowest new price: $8.95
Lowest used price: $3.03
List price: $19.95
Author: Yoshihito Isogawa
The LEGO® Technic Idea Book: Simple Machines is a collection of hundreds of working examples of simple yet fascinating Technic models that you can build based on their pictures alone. Each project uses color-coded pieces and is photographed from multiple angles, making it easy to see how the models are assembled without the need for step-by-step instructions. Every model illustrates a different principle, concept, or mechanism that will inspire your own original creations. You're encouraged to use these elements as building blocks to create your own masterpieces.
The Technic models in Simple Machines demonstrate basic configurations of gears, shafts, pulleys, turntables, connectors, and the like. You'll learn how to create small, elegant machines like cranes, operable doors, motorized cars, a rubber band-powered rocket launcher, a hand-cranked drag racer, and even musical instruments.
This visual guide, the first in the three-volume LEGO Technic Idea Book series, is the brainchild of master builder Yoshihito Isogawa of Tokyo, Japan. Each title is filled with photos of Isogawa's unique models, all of which are designed to fire the imaginations of LEGO builders young and old.
Imagine. Create. Invent. Now, what will you build?
NOTE: The LEGO Technic Idea Book series uses parts from various Technic sets. If you don't have some of the pieces shown in a particular model, experiment by substituting your own parts or visit the No Starch Press website for a list of the special parts used in the book.
|Whittling Twigs & Branches, 2nd Edition: Unique Birds, Flowers, Trees & More from Easy-to-Find Wood (Fox Chapel Publishing) Step-by-Step, Create Unique Keepsakes & Gifts with Just Your Pocketknife
Lowest new price: $6.06
Lowest used price: $3.49
List price: $12.95
Author: Chris Lubkemann
Brand: Fox Chapel Pub Co Inc
Learn everything you need to know to master the basic woodworking technique of curling to create birds, trees, flowers and more!
- Fun projects to whittle using just ordinary twigs & branches and your pocketknife
- Beginner-friendly advice on tools & wood selection, plus troubleshooting tips
- Step-by-step demonstrations on how to carve roosters, herons, pheasants, roadrunners, flowers, & trees
- Gallery of finished pieces for inspiration, including table lamps, whimsical characters, & chess sets
Whittling Twigs & Branches, 2nd Edition is perfect for both beginning and experienced whittlers. With little more than a knife, a branch and a dose of concentration, this book will show you how to create unique keepsakes that are fun to make, will be appreciated as gifts and can be a popular item for sale.
Included are step-by-step demonstrations on how to carve roosters, herons, pheasants, roadrunners, flowers, trees and letter openers from ordinary twigs and branches using only a pocketknife. Also included are tips for correcting mistakes and some painting and finishing tips.
The book also includes basic tool and wood information, as well as troubleshooting advice. Finally, the picture gallery of finished pieces will give you inspiration for your own work, including table lamps, whimsical characters, letter openers, desk plaques and chess sets.
A knife and a little know-how are all you need to turn a twig into a bird, tree, or flower!
- The Little Book of Whittling: Passing Time on the Trail, on the Porch, and Under the Stars (Woodcarving Illustrated Books) (Fox Chapel Publishing) Instructions for 18 Down-Home Style Projects
- Complete Starter Guide to Whittling: 24 Easy Projects You Can Make in a Weekend (Fox Chapel Publishing) Beginner-Friendly Step-by-Step Instructions, Tips, and Ready-to-Carve Patterns for Toys & Gifts
- Big Book of Whittle Fun: 31 Simple Projects You Can Make with a Knife, Branches & Other Found Wood (Fox Chapel Publishing) Detailed Instructions & Photos for Practical & Whimsical Whittling Projects
- 20-Minute Whittling Projects: Fun Things to Carve from Wood (Fox Chapel Publishing) Step-by-Step Instructions & Photos to Whittle Expressive Figures; Wizards, Gargoyles, Dogs, & More for Gift-Giving
- Walnut Hollow WH4005 Basswood Whittlers Carving Blocks, 10 Piece
- Victorinox Swiss Army Knife Whittling Book: 43 Easy Projects (Fox Chapel Publishing) Step-by-Step Instructions to Carve Useful & Whimsical Objects with Just an Original Swiss Army Knife & a Twig
- Carving Faces Workbook: Learn to Carve Facial Expressions with the Legendary Harold Enlow (Fox Chapel Publishing) Detailed Lips, Eyes, Noses, and Hair to Add Expressive Life to Your Woodcarvings
- Carving the Little Guys: Easy Techniques for Beginning Woodcarvers (Fox Chapel Publishing) Skill-Building Introduction to the Art of Caricature Carving: Wood, Tools, Sharpening, Finishing, More
- Schrade Old Timer 24OT Splinter Carvin' Traditional Pocket Knife
- Treeline Leather Thumb Guard, Size Large, Made in USA
|Make: High-Power Rockets: Construction and Certification for Thousands of Feet and Beyond
Lowest new price: $18.64
Lowest used price: $21.60
List price: $34.99
Author: Mike Westerfield
Brand: Maker Media Inc
Make: High-Power Rockets is for all the science geeks who look at the moon and try to figure out where Neil Armstrong walked, watch in awe as rockets lift off, and want to fly their own model rockets. Starting with an overview of mid- and high-power rocketry, readers will start out making rockets with F and G engines, and move on up to H engines.
|Big Book of Scroll Saw Woodworking (Best of SSW&C): More Than 60 Projects and Techniques for Fretwork, Intarsia & Other Scroll Saw Crafts (The Best of Scroll Saw Woodworking & Crafts)
Lowest new price: $14.37
Lowest used price: $12.43
List price: $24.95
Author: Editors of Scroll Saw Woodworking & Crafts
Brand: Scroll Saw Woodworking & Crafts
Whether you are a beginner or have been scrolling for years, you'll be inspired by this collection of 60 of the best projects from the pages of Scroll Saw Woodworking and Crafts!
Inside Big Book of Scroll Saw Woodworking, you'll discover projects for:
- For beginners, find simple, basic patterns
- For experienced scrollers, find detailed keepsake portraits & beautiful compound cut pieces
- Expert step-by-step instructions for easy reference
- Detailed patterns & crisp photos to help you master the projects featured & spur your own creativity
- Popular contributors including John A. Nelson, Gary MacKay, Ron Brown, Kathy Wise, & Rick Hutcheson
- Unusual puzzles and toys
- Inlaid earrings and salt & pepper shakers
- Elegant baskets & boxes
- Beautiful compound-cut chess set
- Lifelike intarsia puppy
- Intricate fretwork shelf
- Detailed keepsake portraits
Scroll Saw Woodworking & Crafts magazine is proud to present this collection of 60 of the best projects for both scroll saw beginners and those with experience!
You'll find this book a great reference not only for its detailed patterns, but for its tips, techniques, expert step-by-step instructions and crisp photos all guaranteed to help you master the projects featured or to spur your own creativity.
From simple basic patterns for beginners to detailed keepsake portraits and beautiful compound cut pieces, you'll be inspired by the designs of contributors like John A. Nelson, Gary MacKay, Ron Brown, Kathy Wise, and Rick Hutcheson. This book is broken down by category so that you can easily find the type of project you would like to try whether it is intarsia and segmentation, fretwork, or inlays and relief.
Have you ever wanted to master the artistry of fretwork or try your hand at the stunning craft of intarsia? How about using your scroll saw on a material other than wood? It's all here waiting for you in this collection from Scroll Saw Woodworking & Crafts magazine!
- Scroll Saw Workbook, 3rd Edition: Learn to Master Your Scroll Saw in 25 Skill-Building Chapters (Fox Chapel Publishing) Ultimate Beginner's Guide with Projects to Hone Your Scrolling Skills
- Intarsia Woodworking for Beginners: Skill-Building Lessons for Creating Beautiful Wood Mosaics: 25 Skill-Building Projects (Fox Chapel Publishing) Step-by-Step Instructions, Patterns, Tips & Tricks
- Creating Wooden Boxes on the Scroll Saw: Patterns and Instructions for Jewelry, Music, and Other Keepsake Boxes (The Best of Scroll Saw Woodworking & Crafts)
- Scroll Saw Christmas Ornaments: More Than 200 Patterns (Fox Chapel Publishing) Full-Size Drawings of Religious & Traditional Designs: Santas, Snowmen, Fretwork, Ornate Words, Novelties, and Wildlife
- North American Wildlife Patterns for the Scroll Saw: 61 Captivating Designs for Moose, Bear, Eagles, Deer and More (Fox Chapel Publishing) Ready-to-Cut Patterns from Lora Irish for Fretwork or Relief
- Olson Saw PG49802 Precision Ground Scroll Saw Blade
- DEWALT DW788 1.3 Amp 20-Inch Variable-Speed Scroll Saw
- Wooden Bowls from the Scroll Saw: 28 Useful and Surprisingly Easy-to-Make Projects (Scroll Saw Woodworking & Crafts Book)
- 20' Roll - 8-1/2" Stick N' Release Scroll Saw Tape
- Animal Puzzles for the Scroll Saw, Second Edition: Newly Revised & Expanded, Now 50 Projects in Wood (Scroll Saw Woodworking)
|Sewing Clothes for Barbie: 24 Stylish Outfits for Fashion Dolls
Lowest new price: $11.97
Lowest used price: $10.46
List price: $17.95
Author: Annabel Benilan
Sew Barbie this cute wardrobe of 24 stylish outfits. Sew clothes for every day or create outfits for special occasions. The detailed explanations are accompanied by step-by-step diagrams and real-size patterns.
Sew Barbie this cute wardrobe of 24 stylish outfits. Sew clothes for every day: jeans and a tie-waist shirt for a picnic in the country, a fleecy jumper and pants for skiing, a bikini, towel and sunhat for the beach or dungarees for DIY. Or create outfits for special occasions, such as a floral cocktail dress, A-line wedding dress or a formal lacy dress for the theater. And why not dip into the dressing-up box with fairy, mermaid and superwoman costumes? The detailed explanations are accompanied by step-by-step diagrams and real-size patterns, which can be adapted for petite, curvy, tall or original Barbie. The techniques used are simple and the outfits can be sewn by hand or on the machine. These are ideal projects for upcycling old clothes or making use of scraps of fabric from your stash.
|My Rag Doll: 11 Dolls with Clothes and Accessories to Sew
Lowest new price: $12.90
Lowest used price: $6.14
List price: $22.99
Author: Corinne Crasbercu
Brand: F+W Media
Sew super cute rag dolls and their gorgeous clothes to make the perfect present for little girls. There's one basic doll sewing pattern which you can then alter to personalize your doll's hair and eye color and hair style! Then choose from a range of fabulous different themed outfits and accessories to complete your uniquely charming doll--including a ballerina doll, a bedtime doll and a fairy doll! All instructions are suitable for intermediate to experienced sewers and include full-sized templates for the doll, clothes and accessories.
Corinne Crasbercu is a dressmaking specialist with a background in ready-to-wear and haute couture fashion design, she now designs for Marie Claire magazine.
- Brand New Item / Unopened Product
- F&W Media
|Tilda's Toy Box: Sewing Patterns for Soft Toys and More from the Magical World of Tilda
Lowest new price: $14.50
Lowest used price: $14.99
List price: $24.99
Author: Tone Finnanger
Brand: Charles David
Latest must-have collection from bestselling craft designer Tone Finnanger aka Tilda who brings her talents to soft toys, gifts and home accessories for children.
Tilda's new book will show you how to make a wide range of beautiful soft toys and gifts for kids, plus amazing accessories for their bedrooms. Discover simple sewing patterns for adorably plump dolls with a range of outfits and accessories, cute jungle creatures like monkeys, and sea-themed creations - pirates, whales and fish--all reproduced at full-size to trace from the page.
Exquisitely presented in her trademark style, this book will delight Tilda fans everywhere with its achievable patterns and charming styled photography.
Me and My Doll:
Dolls with different clothes and accessories, Doll's doll, Traveling house bag for doll's doll, Red and blue quilt, Red and blue patchwork pillow, Heart shaped patchwork pillows, Sewing kit house
Life on the Ocean Waves:
Sweet whales, Sardines, Pirate doll, Sail and flags for the bed (to turn it into a boat)
Monkeys, Parrots, Patchwork snake, Fruit purses, Striped quilt, Monkey pillow
|Origami Extravaganza: Folding Paper, a Book, and a Box
Lowest new price: $12.12
Lowest used price: $2.00
List price: $19.95
Make dozens of fun and easy origami projects with this colossal origami kit.
Origami Extravaganza! has something for everyone. Whether you're an origami beginner or an advanced paper crafter, this kit will keep you entertained with its variety of both traditional and modern origami models. It is one of the most comprehensive origami kits available today—meaning that if you're only interested in buying one kit, this should be it. Paper folding models cover a wide range of topics from flowers and animals to elegant containers and celebratory designs. The simple, straightforward instructions make it a fantastic origami-for-kids kit and an easy way to learn origami. After folding a few dozen projects, you will have a substantial base in the art of origami and should be able to create original origami pieces!
This easy origami kit contains:
The array of origami creations in this kit is remarkable—making it one of the most extensive origami kits available. You will have a hard time running out of new and exciting origami models to fold!
- A full-colored 96-page booklet
- Clear step-by-step instructions
- Easy-to-follow diagrams
- Paper folding basics and tips
- 45 fun origami projects
- 162 sheets of authentic origami folding paper
- A variety of different colors and patterns
- Several foil folding sheets
Origami projects include:
- Simple Swan
- Dandelion Blossom
- Pine Tree
- Classic Box with Lid
- Fox Puppet
- Samurai Helmet
- And much more…
|Great Book of Wooden Toys: More Than 50 Easy-To-Build Projects (American Woodworker)
Lowest new price: $10.36
Lowest used price: $3.74
List price: $19.95
Author: Norman Marshall
Brand: Design Originals
Detailed and copiously illustrated, this in-depth handbook offers instruction for constructing more than 50 wooden toys designed to appeal to a child's sense of imagination and playfulness. A brief introduction covers the basic techniques--gluing, sanding, and making wheels--and each project presents a meticulous diagram, a handy materials list, step-by-step instructions, and a photograph of the completed toy. Designs include stylized versions of a Model T car, a crane, and the ""Spirit of St. Louis"" airplane, as well as projects specifically for beginning woodworkers, such as pull-along trains and circus animals. Instructions for finishing and detailing ensure that the completed crafts will last for years.
- Fox Chapel-Great Book Of Wooden Toys
|Origami Paper - Japanese Washi Patterns - 6" - 96 Sheets: Tuttle Origami Paper: High-Quality Origami Sheets Printed with 8 Different Patterns: Instructions for 7 Projects Included
Lowest new price: $2.58
Lowest used price: $2.80
List price: $6.50
Brand: Tuttle Publishing
This pack contains 96 high-quality origami sheets printed with 8 different natural-looking and attractive Japanese washi prints.
The handmade look of this paper was selected to enhance the creative work of modular origami artists and paper crafters. The pack contains prints unique to this pack, which resemble sheets of real Japanese washi paper—at a fraction of the cost!
There's enough paper here to assemble amazing modular origami sculptures, distribute to students for a class project, or put to a multitude of other creative uses.
This origami paper pack includes:
- 96 sheets of high-quality origami paper
- 8 colorful Japanese-style designs and patterns
- Small 6x6 inch squares
- Instructions for 7 easy origami projects
Page 4 of 219
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED AS IS AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.