|Browse by Catagory:
Civil Rights & Liberties
War & Peace
Cajun & Creole Cooking
Caribbean & West Indian Cooking
Diabetic & Sugar-Free Cooking
Low Fat Cooking
Middle Eastern Cooking
Pacific Rim Cooking
Home & Garden
Literature & Fiction
Sheet Music & Scores
Environmental & Natural Resources Law
Ethics & Professional Responsibility
Procedures & Litigation
Water Supply & Land Use
Lawyer and Crimal Humor
Outdoors & Nature
Hiking & Camping
Hunting & Fishing
Beer & Beer Making
Health & Fitness
Diets & Weight Loss
Children's Science & Nature
Vitamins & Supplements
Psychology and Counseling
Philosophy of Psychology
Physiological Aspects of Psychology
Psychology of Sexuality
Psychology Testing & Measurement
Chaos & Systems
Geometry & Topology
Logic & Brain Teasers
Chaos & Systems
Geometry & Topology
Probability & Statistics
Experiments, Instruments & Measurement
Chaos & Systems
Fusion & Fission
Nuclear Magnetic Resonance
Waves & Wave Mechanics
Administration & Policy
Allied Health Professions
Medical Education & Training
Endocrinology & Metabolism
Physician & Patient
Insects & Spiders
Fish & Aquariums
Mobile & Wireless Computing: Programming
Linux Kernel & Peripherals
Linux Networking & Administration
State & Local History
Sci Fi Calendars
Bujold, Lois McMaster
Card, Orson Scott
Chalker, Jack L.
Heinlein, Robert A.
McKillip, Patricia A.
Nye, Jody Lynn
|Complete Starter Guide to Whittling: 24 Easy Projects You Can Make in a Weekend (Best of Woodcarving)
Lowest new price: $8.10
Lowest used price: $7.98
List price: $12.99
Author: Editors of Woodcarving Illustrated
Brand: Design Originals
You can whittle just about anything—the only limit is your imagination! Inside this comprehensive whittler's starter guide you'll find:
- 24 easy-to-make whittling projects
- Step-by-step instructions
- How-to photos
- Ready-to-carve patterns
- How to whittle classic toys, useful gifts, and fun displays
- Whittling techniques for twigs and branches
- The 4 basic knife cuts that most whittlers use
- What to look for when choosing a whittling knife
- How to sharpen your knife for safe and enjoyable whittling
It's so easy to get started in this relaxing and rewarding hobby. All you need is a knife, a twig, and this book!
We've assembled a team of 12 leading woodcarvers to bring you a complete starter's guide to whittling. They present 24 easy whittling projects that you can make in just a weekend, complete with step-by-step instructions, how-to photographs, ready-to-carve patterns, and helpful tips.
Start off with fast and fun projects that build confidence and teach fundamental carving techniques, like a simple flying propeller or a 5-minute owl. Then move on to create whittled wonders like a musical frog or a slingshot. The authors show you how to whittle complex designs in easy steps, so that you'll soon be carving attention-getting favorites like chain links or the classic ball-in-a-cage.
- Walnut Hollow Basswood Whittlers Carving Blocks, 10 Piece
- Gimars 12 Set SK5 Carbon Steel Wax & Wood Carving Tools Knife Kit for rubber, small pumpkin, Soap, Vegetables and more for Kids & Beginners with Reusable Pouch
- Whittler's Premium Basswood Carving Kit
- BeaverCraft, The Best Wood Carving Sloyd Knife for Whittling and Roughing for beginners and profi - Durable High carbon steel - Spoon Carving Tools - Thin wood working - Presharpened for cutting wood
- 20-Minute Whittling Projects: Fun Things to Carve from Wood
- Carving Faces Workbook: Learn to Carve Facial Expressions with the Legendary Harold Enlow
- BeaverCraft, Cutting knife for fine chip carving wood and general purpose wood carving knife - best bench detail carving knife - carbon steel and razor-sharp - great for whittling begginers
- The Beginner's Handbook of Woodcarving: With Project Patterns for Line Carving, Relief Carving, Carving in the Round, and Bird Carving
- Xacto X5175 Deluxe Woodcarving Set
- Treeline Leather Thumb Guard, Size Large, Made in USA
|Good Clean Fun: Misadventures in Sawdust at Offerman Woodshop
Lowest new price: $14.95
Lowest used price: $14.75
List price: $35.00
Author: Nick Offerman
Brand: Penguin Random House Publishing
After two New York Times bestsellers, Nick Offerman returns with the subject for which he's known best—his incredible real-life woodshop.
Nestled among the glitz and glitter of Tinseltown is a testament to American elbow grease and an honest-to-god hard day’s work: Offerman Woodshop. Captained by hirsute woodworker, actor, comedian, and writer Nick Offerman, the shop produces not only fine handcrafted furniture, but also fun stuff—kazoos, baseball bats, ukuleles, mustache combs, even cedar-strip canoes.
Now Nick and his ragtag crew of champions want to share their experience of working at the Woodshop, tell you all about their passion for the discipline of woodworking, and teach you how to make a handful of their most popular projects along the way. This book takes readers behind the scenes of the woodshop, both inspiring and teaching them to make their own projects and besotting them with the infectious spirit behind the shop and its complement of dusty wood-elves.
In these pages you will find a variety of projects for every skill level, with personal, easy-to-follow instructions by the OWS woodworkers themselves; and, what’s more, this tutelage is augmented by mouth-watering color photos (Nick calls it "wood porn"). You will also find writings by Nick, offering recipes for both comestibles and mirth, humorous essays, odes to his own woodworking heroes, insights into the ethos of woodworking in modern America, and other assorted tomfoolery.
Whether you’ve been working in your own shop for years, or if holding this stack of compressed wood pulp is as close as you’ve ever come to milling lumber, or even if you just love Nick Offerman’s brand of bucolic yet worldly wisdom, you’ll find Good Clean Fun full of useful, illuminating, and entertaining information.
- Good Clean Fun Misadventures in Sawdust at Offerman Woodshop
|The Joint Book: The Complete Guide to Wood Joinery
Lowest new price: $8.91
Lowest used price: $7.94
List price: $14.99
Author: Terrie Noll
Brand: Brand: Chartwell Books
This hardcover book with internal spiral binding is 6.5in x 8in, a perfect size for carpenters and woodworkers to keep near their workbench or toolbox for quick access.The design of this book allows it to lay open flat, which allows for easy and frequent reference, and the interior photographs, illustrations and diagrams, make the learning process simple and fun for beginners, and provides useful tips for more advanced readers.
The Joint Book contains easy-to-follow step-by-step instructions for creating edge and scarf joints, lapped and housed joints, mortise and tenon joints, miters and bevels, dovetails, dowels and biscuits, and provides detailed descriptions of fasteners, hardware, and knockdown joints. This book is the perfect companion for any woodworker interested in improving their joint-making skills.
- Used Book in Good Condition
|The Complete Manual of Woodworking: A Detailed Guide to Design, Techniques, and Tools for the Beginner and Expert
Lowest new price: $14.59
Lowest used price: $8.20
List price: $27.95
Author: Albert Jackson
Brand: Albert Jackson
With more than 1,800 drawings, diagrams and photos, this authoritative guide encompasses the whole art and craft of woodworking. Designed to instruct and inspire every woodworker from the beginner to the most exacting expert, it has become a classic. It includes a discussion of all the principal hardwoods and softwoods, how to choose and use hand tools, detailed information on every woodworking technique--jointing, bonding, fastening, laminating, and much more.
- The Complete Manual of Woodworking
|Pyrography Basics: Techniques and Exercises for Beginners
Lowest new price: $5.96
Lowest used price: $6.67
List price: $9.99
Author: Lora Irish
Brand: Design Originals
Nationally recognized artist and pyrographer Lora S. Irish makes woodburning easy by walking you through all the basics of materials, tools, and techniques! In Pyrography Basics, you'll discover:
- 6 skill-building projects to help you master essential techniques
- Step-by-step instructions and patterns for the beginning woodburner
- 3 basic pyrography pen tips for writing, shading and detailing
- Using temperature, time, texture and layering to create artistic tonal values
- How to use a practice board to ensure the best burn for your project
Pyrography can enhance any project with lovely varieties of tone and texture. If you've ever wanted to take up this creative craft, Pyrography Basics will get you started, as nationally recognized artist and pyrographer Lora S. Irish makes it easy for beginners to learn the creative craft of woodburning. All that aspiring beginners need is this book and an inexpensive woodburning tool to start adorning wood, gourds, leather, paper and more with beautifully burned images and patterns.
The author provides a thorough introduction to basic tools, materials and techniques. You'll learn how to set up a practice board to experiment with strokes and settings before moving on to working projects with confidence. 6 skill-building projects provide step-by-step exercises in using temperature, time, layering, and texturing to create artistic tonal values.
With Pyrography Basics, you'll soon master everything from shading to composition, as you apply pyrography to furniture, carvings, jewelry, ornaments, greeting cards, and much, much more.
- All the basics of materials; tools and techniques
- Step-by-step practice exercises
- Softcover; 31 pages
- Learn to Burn: A Step-by-Step Guide to Getting Started in Pyrography
- Walnut Hollow Creative Versa Tool with Versa-Temp Variable Temperature Control and 11 Woodburning Points
- Walnut Hollow Hotstamps Uppercase Alphabet Branding and Personalization Set for Wood and other Surfaces
- Pyrography Workbook: A Complete Guide to the Art of Woodburning
- Full Set Wood Burning Kit, GOCHANGE 37 Pcs Wood Burning Pyrography Kit Include 30 x Assorted Wood Burning/Carving/Embossing & Soldering Tips, 4 x Accessories, 2 x Stencils, 1 x Wood Burning Pen
- TRUArt Stage 1 Wood/Leather/Cardboard/Paper Pyrography Pen Set w/ Jewelry Soldering Point - Best Woodburning Crafts Burner Tool Kit - Comes with 34 Different Tips, Dual Power Mode - 30W / 15W, Gourd
- Woodburning Project & Pattern Treasury: Create Your Own Pyrography Art with 75 Mix-and-Match Designs
- Walnut Hollow Hotstamps Lowercase Alphabet Branding and Personalization Set for Wood and other Surfaces
- Art & Craft of Pyrography, The: Drawing with Fire on Leather, Gourds, Cloth, Paper, and Wood
- SE WP28 28-Piece Wood Burning Pen Tips
|Woodworking Basics - Mastering the Essentials of Craftsmanship - An Integrated Approach With Hand and Power tools
Lowest new price: $10.44
Lowest used price: $9.99
List price: $19.95
Author: Peter Korn
Woodworking Basics presents an approach to learning woodworking that has proven successful for hundreds of people who have taken the author's introductory course over the past 20 years. Peter Korn's method helps new woodworkers learn the right techniques from the beginning. More experienced woodworkers can use it to master the classic furniture-making skills key to fine craftsmanship. Korn includes two attractive and useful projects -- a small bench and a side table with a door and drawer -- providing you the opportunity to practice skills and develop confidence with tools.
This book provides a step-by-step introduction to all aspects of woodworking, including:
- Safe use of woodworking machinery
- Correct use of hand tools
- Milling a board four-square
- Cutting a mortise-and-tenon joint
- Cutting dovetails
- ISBN13: 9781561586202
- Condition: New
- Notes: BRAND NEW FROM PUBLISHER! 100% Satisfaction Guarantee. Tracking provided on most orders. Buy with Confidence! Millions of books sold!
|Norwegian Wood: Chopping, Stacking, and Drying Wood the Scandinavian Way
Lowest new price: $15.54
Lowest used price: $14.98
List price: $24.95
Author: Lars Mytting
Brand: Mytting Lars
The latest Scandinavian publishing phenomenon is not a Stieg Larsson–like thriller; it’s a book about chopping, stacking, and burning wood that has sold more than 200,000 copies in Norway and Sweden and has been a fixture on the bestseller lists there for more than a year. Norwegian Wood provides useful advice on the rustic hows and whys of taking care of your heating needs, but it’s also a thoughtful attempt to understand man’s age-old predilection for stacking wood and passion for open fires. An intriguing window into the exoticism of Scandinavian culture, the book also features enough inherently interesting facts and anecdotes and inspired prose to make it universally appealing. The U.S. edition is a fully updated version of the Norwegian original, and includes an appendix of U.S.-based resources and contacts.
- Norwegian Wood Chopping Stacking and Drying Wood the Scandinavian Way
|Learn to Burn: A Step-by-Step Guide to Getting Started in Pyrography
Lowest new price: $10.04
Lowest used price: $8.88
List price: $16.99
Author: Simon Easton
Brand: Fox Chapel Publishing
Known as pyrography, which literally means "writing with fire," woodburning is a rewarding art that is practically infinite in its applications! This book shows you everything you need to get started in this fun and expressive craft:
- Create beautiful art using ready-made materials found at your local craft store
- 14 step-by-step projects—appropriate for every skill level
- Illustrated with how-to photographs
- Easy exercises introduce basic concepts for beginners
- Learn expert techniques for texturing, lettering, shading, and finishing
- Make memorable decorative gifts for friends and family—bangles, jewelry boxes, gift tags, fridge magnets, and more!
- 50 bonus patterns
This easy-to-learn introduction to the art of pyrography offers 14 step-by-step projects for making decorative gifts—from coasters and picture frames to bangles, decorative plates, and door hangers—illustrated with clear how-to photographs. Each pyro project can be completed using ready-made materials that are easy to find at your local craft store. 50 bonus patterns will allow you to unleash your creativity on hundreds of additional woodburning projects.
In Learn to Burn, award-winning artist and pyrographer Simon Easton shows you how to "write with fire," taking you from basic woodburning concepts to tips and techniques that encourage your creativity and help you develop your own individual style. Easton guides you through purchasing tools and materials, and setup and safety. His expert lessons will help you master all of the essential techniques of the craft, from making simple marks to texturing, lettering, shading and finishing.
This a book that you'll come back to again and again as you develop your expertise in an innovative art form.
|20-Minute Whittling Projects: Fun Things to Carve from Wood
Lowest new price: $7.79
Lowest used price: $8.24
List price: $12.99
Author: Tom Hindes
Brand: Design Originals
Learn the fast and simple way to whittle in this fun introduction to woodcarving. Discover how to whittle in less time while you have more fun! One of the joys of whittling with a pocket knife is that you can do it just about anywhere. You don t need any fancy equipment... and you don t even need much spare time. Author Tom Hindes demonstrates his easy-to-learn, quick-cut method for whittling expressive little figures from wood in just 20 minutes or less. With his friendly instructions and step-by-step photos, you'll learn to carve an endless array of charming wizards, gnomes, gargoyles, ornaments, dogs, leprechauns, and more. These super-short projects are perfect for learning basic caricature carving skills. They also make wonderful little gifts for random acts of kindness. Leave one along with your tip at the local restaurant, or give one to your favorite cashier. Children especially enjoy receiving them as souvenirs.
- Fox Chapel-20-Minute Whittling Projects
|Understanding Wood Finishing: How to Select and Apply the Right Finish
Lowest new price: $15.29
Lowest used price: $18.74
List price: $24.95
Author: Bob Flexner
Brand: Fox Chapel Publishing
Take the Mystery out of Wood Finishing
For more than 18 years, Bob Flexner has been inspiring woodworkers with his writings and teachings on wood finishing. Now, from this best-selling author comes the long-awaited and completely updated second edition of Understanding Wood Finishing—the most practical, comprehensive book on finishing ever published.
The first edition of Understanding Wood Finishing has sold hundreds of thousands of copies and is widely regarded as the bible of wood finishing. "We use Understanding Wood Finishing as the textbook for our students training to go into the furniture industry," says David Miles, wood technology professor at Pittsburg State University. "It's the best written, most accurate, and most thorough wood finishing book in print—by far."
Inside you will find:
- The latest technical updates on materials and techniques—from spray guns to French polishing
- Detailed instructions and explanations that take the mystery out of the science
- More than 300 color photos that help you distinguish between products, make decisions, and solve problems
- More than 40 must-have reference tables and troubleshooting guides
With its clear writing and engaging style, this is "without a doubt the best researched, most authoritative, and easy-to-follow book on the subject," notes Steve Shanesy, Popular Woodworking magazine editor.
As professional finishers know and as amateurs will surely realize, "finishing is easy once you know what you are doing," says Frank Klausz, a professional cabinetmaker. "Understanding Wood Finishing makes the science of finishing understandable."
Page 1 of 743
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED AS IS AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.