|Browse by Catagory:
Civil Rights & Liberties
War & Peace
Cajun & Creole Cooking
Caribbean & West Indian Cooking
Diabetic & Sugar-Free Cooking
Low Fat Cooking
Middle Eastern Cooking
Pacific Rim Cooking
Home & Garden
Literature & Fiction
Sheet Music & Scores
Environmental & Natural Resources Law
Ethics & Professional Responsibility
Procedures & Litigation
Water Supply & Land Use
Lawyer and Crimal Humor
Outdoors & Nature
Hiking & Camping
Hunting & Fishing
Beer & Beer Making
Health & Fitness
Diets & Weight Loss
Children's Science & Nature
Vitamins & Supplements
Psychology and Counseling
Philosophy of Psychology
Physiological Aspects of Psychology
Psychology of Sexuality
Psychology Testing & Measurement
Chaos & Systems
Geometry & Topology
Logic & Brain Teasers
Chaos & Systems
Geometry & Topology
Probability & Statistics
Experiments, Instruments & Measurement
Chaos & Systems
Fusion & Fission
Nuclear Magnetic Resonance
Waves & Wave Mechanics
Administration & Policy
Allied Health Professions
Medical Education & Training
Endocrinology & Metabolism
Physician & Patient
Insects & Spiders
Fish & Aquariums
Mobile & Wireless Computing: Programming
Linux Kernel & Peripherals
Linux Networking & Administration
State & Local History
Sci Fi Calendars
Bujold, Lois McMaster
Card, Orson Scott
Chalker, Jack L.
Heinlein, Robert A.
McKillip, Patricia A.
Nye, Jody Lynn
|The Artful Wooden Spoon: How to Make Exquisite Keepsakes for the Kitchen
Lowest new price: $15.35
Lowest used price: $14.06
List price: $24.95
Author: Joshua Vogel
Marvels of craftsmanship, beauty, and function, Joshua Vogel's hand-carved kitchenware is coveted far and wide. In The Artful Wooden Spoon, Vogel shares more than 100 gorgeous pieces from his workshop gallery, providing rich visual inspiration along with explaining the principles behind handcrafting spoons and sharing simple instructions and step-by-step photographs—no expertise and very few tools required. With more than 225 photographs of Vogel's stunning specimens, this visual introduction to the craft is an invitation to explore an age-old art and to create a timeless gift.
- Swedish Carving Techniques (Fine Woodworking)
- The Art of Spoon Carving: A Classic Craft for the Modern Kitchen
- Morakniv Wood Carving Hook Knife 164 with Sandvik Stainless Steel Blade, 0.5-Inch Internal Radius
- Morakniv Wood Carving Hook Knife 162 with Sandvik Stainless Steel Blade, 0.6-Inch Internal Radius
- Heirloom Wood: A Modern Guide to Carving Spoons, Bowls, Boards, and other Homewares
- Morakniv Wood Carving 120 Knife with Laminated Steel Blade, 2.4-Inch
- BeaverCraft, Wood carving hook knife for carving spoons bowls kuksa and cups - right handed spoon carving tools - basic crooked knife for professional spoon carvers and beginners
- Morakniv Wood Carving Hook Knife 163 with Sandvik Stainless Steel Blade, 0.9-Inch Internal Radius
- Bundle - 3 Items: Morakniv Wood Carving 164 Stainless Hook Knife (No Sheath), 163 Stainless Hook Knife (No Sheath), 120 Laminated Steel Knife (with Sheath)
- Spoon: A Guide to Spoon Carving and the New Wood Culture
|Working Wood 1 & 2: the Artisan Course with Paul Sellers
Lowest new price: $34.99
Lowest used price: $37.27
List price: $34.99
Author: Paul Sellers
This book is the core part of a course that represents the distilled experience and knowledge, developed over 47 years, of Woodworker and Master Craftsman, Paul Sellers. His remarkable journey saw him learn his trade as a traditional apprentice in England during in the 1960s, and then progress, many years later, to design and make furniture for American Presidents.
Evident throughout this beautifully crafted book is Paul's love of woodworking and also of teaching. It is a source of inspiration as well as a complete woodworking system and philosophy.
The clarity of Paul's teaching is quite exceptional. Founded on twenty years experience during which he has taught over 3,000 woodworkers, the book progressively introduces new skills and techniques through projects, and then reinforces and expands on these as the reader progresses further. With over 800 color photos, diagrams and illustrations, every stage and technique is clearly explained and discussed.
Working Wood is a comprehensive course in hand tool woodworking. It is perfect for beginners just starting out and is also a valuable resource for the more advanced woodworker, helping them to further develop their hand tool skills and woodworking knowledge.
The first part of the book will enable you to discover the simple concepts that surround the use of traditional hand tools and master aspects of woodworking in general. It introduces the mantra of "sharpness, accuracy, technique" By using only three joints and about ten hand tools, you will be introduced to the speed and efficiency of hand cut joinery.
The second part is all about mastering the core techniques of joinery through a series of hand built projects. Focusing on each of the three joints in turn, you will learn to master dovetailed boxes, bookcase making and the principles of table making. By using a combination of these joints, you will learn how to make your own European Workbench. Central to this entire course is a very thorough and comprehensive explanation of how to sharpen your tools, simply and quickly.
Most importantly this book will teach you, with just a few basic hand tools, how to make hundreds of projects with the skill and confidence of a real Artisan.
Note. The DVD collection that accompanies this book is also available on Amazon under Film & TV. This consists of 7 full length films and is available as:
- A full set of 7 DVDs and book
- 7 DVDs
- Individual DVDs
- Working Wood 1 & 2 is part of a comprehensive course in woodworking and accompanies 7 DVDs.
- Projects include: spatulas, spoons, cutting boards, bowls, three-legged stools, bookshelf unit, Shaker-style dovetailed box, chairside table and a European workbench.
|Harvest Your Own Lumber: How to Fell, Saw, Dry and Mill Wood
Lowest new price: $10.59
Lowest used price: $12.45
List price: $18.95
Author: John English
Brand: English John
In today’s artisan, hands-on, and environmentally conscience landscape, there are many reasons to mill your own lumber: a craftsman, artist, or builder can gain access to a new species and unique cuts of wood; there’s the Yankee in all of us that hates to see a healthy log simply go off to the landfill when it can offer new flooring or a piece of furniture; and, finally, there’s symmetry in building something for a grandchild from the branch that held his daddy’s tire-swing. And, let’s not forget that wood is expensive; on top of all the other great reasons, harvesting your own timber will save you a few bucks
A concise guide for the small shop or enthusiastic hobbyist, Harvest Your Own Lumber covers all of the important steps in the conversion of wood. John English takes the reader through selecting the raw material to the final drying of the harvested timber. All of the steps in between are explained in clear text accompanied with photographs and charts that make the process of milling your own lumber a guaranteed success.
The process of milling your own lumber is much more than just felling the tree and sawing it into useable boards. The first consideration is, of course, what type of tree will lend itself to producing good, useable timber. Once that decision has been made the sawyer must determine how to safely fell the tree and then how to convert the log into useable lumber. The author explains and illustrates the various choices available from what types of grain pattern to expect to the many defects to be aware of. Also included is an extensive chapter on chainsaws, safety, and felling.
One of the most important aspects of timber harvesting is knowing how to “saw to grade”. That is, how to get the best yield with the desired grain, from a specific log. Harvest Your Own Lumber provides the detail and instructions for sawing to grade as well as useful information on humidity and wood, kiln and air drying, various types of kilns and milling rough boards to get them flat and straight. This is a valuable handbook for any woodworker, builder, carpenter, or craftsman that relies on good quality wood.
- Harvest Your Own Lumber How to Fell Saw Dry and Mill Wood
- Learn to Timber Frame: Craftsmanship, Simplicity, Timeless Beauty
- A Landowner's Guide to Managing Your Woods: How to Maintain a Small Acreage for Long-Term Health, Biodiversity, and High-Quality Timber Production
- Timber Frame Construction: All About Post-and-Beam Building
- A Timber Framer's Workshop: Joinery, Design & Construction of Traditional Timber Frames
- Timber Tuff TMW-56 Lumber Cutting Guide
- How to Season and Dry Your Own Wood
- Carmyra Portable Chainsaw mill 36" Inch Planking Milling Bar Size 14" to 36"
- Rustic Construction
- Solar Cycle Lumber Kilns: Use locally grown and manufactured wood products to build our local economy
- The Art and Craft of Wood: A Practical Guide to Harvesting, Choosing, Reclaiming, Preparing, Crafting, and Building with Raw Wood
|Workbenches Revised Edition: From Design & Theory to Construction & Use
Lowest new price: $26.06
Lowest used price: $17.49
List price: $34.99
Author: Christopher Schwarz
Two centuries of workbench wisdom in one book!
With this book, your very first workbench will do everything you need it to do--possibly for the rest of your woodworking career!
Encompassing years of historical research and real-world trials, Christopher Schwarz boils down centuries of the history and engineering of workbenches into basic ideas that all woodworkers can use.
- Learn how to design your own world-class workbench
- Learn the fundamental rules of good workbench design that have been largely forgotten
- Learn how to build an inexpensive and practical bench that hasn't been in widespread use for over 100 years
- Learn how to properly use any workbench
In this revised and updated edition you'll find plans for five benches--two sturdy English benches and two variations on the French Roubo, as well as a portable bench you can clamp to any solid surface. The old-school benches in this book are simpler than modern benches, easier to build and perfect for both power and hand tools.
Beginning woodworkers can build any of these benches. The technical drawings are clear and show every detail. Using the step-by-step instructions, you will be amazed at how easily these workbenches can be constructed.
|Swedish Carving Techniques (Fine Woodworking)
Lowest new price: $14.80
Lowest used price: $17.39
List price: $24.95
Author: Wille Sundqvist
Brand: Sundqvist, Willie/ Rudstrom, James (TRN)
For all those looking for this much sought-after handbook, the wait is over. Originally published in 1990 and out of print for almost 10 years, Swedish Carving Techniques by Wille Sundqvist has enjoyed cult status among carvers and craftsmen and is widely considered the bible of spoon carvers. Now a brand-new issue - just like the 1990 version - can be yours directly from The Taunton Press, the original publisher.
Sharpened axes and knives are the oldest hand tools known to man. As the author says, “I have come to recognize that there is an enormous lack of understanding and skill in using hand tools....This, along with a realization of the close relationship between hand tools and the keen sense of design that was our forefathers’, has prompted me to write this book.” Swedish Carving Techniques brings a new appreciation of this age-old craft and how working with knives and axes fits into todays high-tech world.
Lessons from a life-long carver who loves working with his hands. In honest, straightforward style, Wille Sundqvist shares his love for basic hand tools and the practical objects they can produce from branches, burls, and crooked pieces of wood. He brings this simple art to life by showing you:
- The hand tools he works with and how to sharpen them
- Carving techniques and different kinds of strokes
- Tips for designing spoons for maximum strength
- How to shape dough bowls, butter paddles, and ladles
- Techniques for adding decorative detailing
- Plus safety tips for enjoying this age-old craft
Re-discovering traditional handcrafts and “rewards not possible with machines.” Carving, as practiced by Wille Sundqvist, has great appeal in a complex world because it doesn’t require a huge commitment of time or a special shop. But it does improve dexterity, build strength, encourage creativity, reduce dependence on technology, and keep alive the rich cultural heritage of Swedish craftsmen.
- Swedish Carving Techniques
|The Complete Visual Guide to Building a House
Lowest new price: $30.48
Lowest used price: $30.58
List price: $48.00
Author: John Carroll
Brand: Lockhart Charles Carroll John
Today’s most comprehensive course in residential construction. The Complete Visual Guide to Building a House not only lives up to its name, but the detailed illustrations put this reference in a league of its own. It’s your single source for reliable instruction in building a house from foundation to finishing touches ― and it’s a beautiful book as well.
An essential reference for builders, carpenters, and homeowners! Find everything you need in one easy-to-navigate guide that covers all the bases:
- Building the structure: foundations; floors; walls; ceilings; raftered and trussed roofs
- Closing the house to weather: roofing; installing windows, doors, siding and trim; controlling moisture
- Finishing the house: wall and floor coverings; hanging interior doors; installing trim and cabinets; building stairs
Expert step-by-step instruction and detailed illustrations. The Compete Visual Guide to Building a House combines the expertise of builder-author John Carroll with over 1,200 full-color drawings by illustrator Chuck Lockhart. Finally, a step-by-step guide that provides a complete course in residential carpentry and construction from two pros who, together, have over 65 years of experience in the building trades.
Eliminate guesswork and avoid costly missteps. Building a house is a complex and challenging undertaking that requires knowing what needs to be done at every critical step – and that’s exactly what you will find in The Complete Visual Guide to Building a House. With this guide in hand, you’ll be armed with the right information and clear illustrations whenever you need them.
- Complete Visual Guide to Building a House
|Make Your Own Cutting Boards: Smart Projects & Stylish Designs for a Hands-On Kitchen
Lowest new price: $15.60
Lowest used price: $14.81
List price: $22.95
Author: David Picciuto
Brand: Spring House Press
Whether you’re new to the craft of woodworking and looking for a great first project or you’re a seasoned craftsman showcasing a piece of treasured wood, it’s hard to deny the appeal of a cutting board. The techniques can be as simple or as complex as you like and the finished designs can be tailored to suit any style or taste. For beginners, these gateway projects are a great way to try out a new hobby easily, quickly, and with limited tools. For old hands, making cutting boards is a gorgeous way to showcase a beautiful piece of lumber or to hone and highlight a complex technique you’re trying to perfect. Best of all, upon completion, a cutting board is a project that can be proudly used as a sturdy workhorse in your own kitchen or given as a holiday treasure to friend or loved one.
Extensive photography and clear, concise instruction make even the most complex techniques easy to understand and conquer. A gallery of inspiring designs sourced from a wide array of makers is also included to spark the creation of your cutting board styles.
- Create decorative but functional cutting boards
- Something for all skill levels
- Step-by-step instructions, photos, illustrations
|Trim Carpentry and Built-Ins: Taunton's BLP: Expert Advice from Start to Finish (Taunton's Build Like a Pro)
Lowest new price: $9.85
Lowest used price: $5.09
List price: $21.95
Author: Andrew Wormer
Brand: Clayton DeKorne
Learn how to get tight miters and crisp details when casing doors and windows, running baseboard, and putting up crown molding. Trim Carpentry and Built-Ins shows you how to get professional results with all of your common trim projects. Among the latest in Taunton's Build Like a Pro series, Trim Carpentry and Built-Ins is filled with trade secrets and tried-and-true methods from carpenter and author Clayton DeKorne's 25 years in the industry. Detailed instructions with hundreds of photos and drawings can help you overcome challenges like out-of-square walls, floors, and ceilings. You'll also learn how to design and build custom built-in bookcases and cabinets to enhance any room in the house.
This book brings you:
- professional tips and trade secrets for installing trim with precision
- advice on common trim projects, including window and door casing, baseboards, crown molding, and wainscoting
- detailed instructions for built-in bookcases and cabinets
- ISBN13: 9781561584789
- Condition: New
- Notes: BRAND NEW FROM PUBLISHER! 100% Satisfaction Guarantee. Tracking provided on most orders. Buy with Confidence! Millions of books sold!
- Bookcases, Cabinets & Built-Ins
- Trim Complete: Expert Advice from Start to Finish (Taunton's Complete)
- 1001 Ideas for Trimwork: The Ultimate Source Book For Decorating With Trim & Molding (Hundreds of Designs to Bring Warmth & Character to Every Room of Your Home: Doors, Pillars, Wainscoting, & More)
- Building Kitchen Cabinets: Taunton's BLP: Expert Advice from Start to Finish (Taunton's Build Like a Pro)
- Built-Ins: Expert Advice from Start to Finish (Taunton's Build Like a Pro)
- Illustrated Cabinetmaking: How to Design and Construct Furniture That Works (Fox Chapel Publishing) 1300+ Drawings & Diagrams for Drawers, Tables, Beds, Joints, & Subassemblies
- All New Built-Ins Idea Book: Closets*Mudrooms*Cabinets*Pantries (Taunton Home Idea Books)
- Bob Lang's The Complete Kitchen Cabinetmaker, Revised Edition: Shop Drawings and Professional Methods for Designing and Constructing Every Kind of Kitchen and Built-In Cabinet (Fox Chapel Publishing)
- Finish Carpentry (For Pros By Pros)
- Shelves, Cabinets & Bookcases
|Spoon: A Guide to Spoon Carving and the New Wood Culture
Lowest new price: $11.50
Lowest used price: $11.25
List price: $25.00
Author: Barn the Spoon
In this fully illustrated and beautiful guide to our most functional utensil—the spoon—a master craftsman shares his life’s work: designing and carving exquisite, functional wooden spoons from branches and logs using time-honored woodworking skills and techniques.
The simple, ordinary spoon is part of our everyday lives, from stirring our first cup of coffee to the long slurp of soup poured with a ladle to scraping the last bit of pudding from the bowl. Barn the Spoon is a master craftsman in the rarified art of spoon carving and a thoughtful proponent of the new wood culture renaissance. His love, care, and passion for wooden spoons is genuine and infectious. In Spoon he brings unparalleled color and character to his role as one of the world’s most respected spoon carvers and shares the extraordinary skill and gentle philosophy he applies to his life’s work.
Barn shows how to use the axe and knife, from how they should feel in your hand to honing the perfect edge when carving your own spoons. Featuring sixteen unique designs in the four main categories of spoon—eating, serving, cooking, and measuring—Barn takes you through the nuances of their making, how each design is informed by its function at the table or in the kitchen, and the key skills you will learn. Stunning photography on nearly every page both inspires and acts as a blueprint to help perfect your technique.
A celebration of the ordinary transformed into the extraordinary, Barn’s spoons take you on a journey into the new wood culture, from understanding the relationship among wood, the raw material, and its majestic origins in our trees and woodland, to the workshop and the axe block, and into your own kitchen. This gorgeous, full-color book is the perfect gift for the home chef, woodcarver, crafter, collector, artist, escapist urbanite, or anyone harboring dreams of a self-sufficient lifestyle.
|Building Kitchen Cabinets: Taunton's BLP: Expert Advice from Start to Finish (Taunton's Build Like a Pro)
Lowest new price: $13.04
Lowest used price: $8.92
List price: $22.95
Author: Udo Schmidt
Brand: Udo Schmidt
When you build your own cabinets you're not just saving money. You also can improve upon the materials and construction used in factory-made cabinets, and get exactly the sizes you want. And with the techniques that Udo Schimdt demonstrates and explains in Building Kitchen Cabinets, you can incorporate custom details in your cabinets to make them even more distinctive. Arched doors, custom cornice treatments, oversize pantry cabinets, and solid wood end panels are just a few of the options to consider.
If you're comfortable using a router, tablesaw, and drill, this book will show you how to build beautiful cabinets in your own workshop.
- Designing custom cabinetry to suit your space and budget
- Building drawers and doors in a variety of different styles
- Installing Euro-style concealed hinges and drawer slides
- Improving storage and convenience with special hardware and accessories
- Selecting and installing a wide range of countertops
- Building Kitchen Cabinets Taunton s BLP Expert Advice from Start to Finish Taunton s Build Like a Pro
Page 4 of 714
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED AS IS AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.