|Browse by Catagory:
Civil Rights & Liberties
War & Peace
Cajun & Creole Cooking
Caribbean & West Indian Cooking
Diabetic & Sugar-Free Cooking
Low Fat Cooking
Middle Eastern Cooking
Pacific Rim Cooking
Home & Garden
Literature & Fiction
Sheet Music & Scores
Environmental & Natural Resources Law
Ethics & Professional Responsibility
Procedures & Litigation
Water Supply & Land Use
Lawyer and Crimal Humor
Outdoors & Nature
Hiking & Camping
Hunting & Fishing
Beer & Beer Making
Health & Fitness
Diets & Weight Loss
Children's Science & Nature
Vitamins & Supplements
Psychology and Counseling
Philosophy of Psychology
Physiological Aspects of Psychology
Psychology of Sexuality
Psychology Testing & Measurement
Chaos & Systems
Geometry & Topology
Logic & Brain Teasers
Chaos & Systems
Geometry & Topology
Probability & Statistics
Experiments, Instruments & Measurement
Chaos & Systems
Fusion & Fission
Nuclear Magnetic Resonance
Waves & Wave Mechanics
Administration & Policy
Allied Health Professions
Medical Education & Training
Endocrinology & Metabolism
Physician & Patient
Insects & Spiders
Fish & Aquariums
Mobile & Wireless Computing: Programming
Linux Kernel & Peripherals
Linux Networking & Administration
State & Local History
Sci Fi Calendars
Bujold, Lois McMaster
Card, Orson Scott
Chalker, Jack L.
Heinlein, Robert A.
McKillip, Patricia A.
Nye, Jody Lynn
|Workbenches Revised Edition: From Design & Theory to Construction & Use
Lowest new price: $21.17
Lowest used price: $19.79
List price: $34.99
Author: Christopher Schwarz
Two centuries of workbench wisdom in one book!
With this book, your very first workbench will do everything you need it to do--possibly for the rest of your woodworking career!
Encompassing years of historical research and real-world trials, Christopher Schwarz boils down centuries of the history and engineering of workbenches into basic ideas that all woodworkers can use.
- Learn how to design your own world-class workbench
- Learn the fundamental rules of good workbench design that have been largely forgotten
- Learn how to build an inexpensive and practical bench that hasn't been in widespread use for over 100 years
- Learn how to properly use any workbench
In this revised and updated edition you'll find plans for five benches--two sturdy English benches and two variations on the French Roubo, as well as a portable bench you can clamp to any solid surface. The old-school benches in this book are simpler than modern benches, easier to build and perfect for both power and hand tools.
Beginning woodworkers can build any of these benches. The technical drawings are clear and show every detail. Using the step-by-step instructions, you will be amazed at how easily these workbenches can be constructed.
|Audubon Birdhouse Book: Building, Placing, and Maintaining Great Homes for Great Birds
Lowest new price: $18.56
Lowest used price: $17.49
List price: $24.99
Author: Margaret Barker
Brand: Margaret A Barker
A visit to almost any home or garden center presents birders with numerous cute and colorful contraptions that are sold as bird homes. But the fact is, many of these products provide anything but a safe refuge for your feathered friends.
Produced in association with the National Audubon Society, Audubon Birdhouse Book explains how to build and place functional DIY bird homes that are safe and appropriate for more than 20 classic North American species, from wrens to raptors. Each of the easy-to-build boxes and shelves within is accompanied by cut lists, specially created line diagrams, and step-by-step photography, making the projects accessible to those with even the most rudimentary woodworking skills. In addition, this practical and beautifully presented guide is packed with color photography and information about the bird species covered—including titmice, chickadees, nuthatches, phoebes, swallows, waterfowl, and even kestrels and owls—to help the reader properly place and maintain the homes to attract birds. And because these projects are the product of years of experience and field-testing, you can be sure you’re getting the best advice regarding proper design, safe construction materials, and correct home placement to mitigate exposure to elements, pests, and predators. Finally, beyond the birdhouses, you’ll find out how you can contribute to the larger birding community and even enhance your birding experience with the aid of new technologies.
|Working Wood 1 & 2: the Artisan Course with Paul Sellers
Lowest new price: $34.99
Lowest used price: $25.95
List price: $34.99
Author: Paul Sellers
This book is the core part of a course that represents the distilled experience and knowledge, developed over 47 years, of Woodworker and Master Craftsman, Paul Sellers. His remarkable journey saw him learn his trade as a traditional apprentice in England during in the 1960s, and then progress, many years later, to design and make furniture for American Presidents.
Evident throughout this beautifully crafted book is Paul's love of woodworking and also of teaching. It is a source of inspiration as well as a complete woodworking system and philosophy.
The clarity of Paul's teaching is quite exceptional. Founded on twenty years experience during which he has taught over 3,000 woodworkers, the book progressively introduces new skills and techniques through projects, and then reinforces and expands on these as the reader progresses further. With over 800 color photos, diagrams and illustrations, every stage and technique is clearly explained and discussed.
Working Wood is a comprehensive course in hand tool woodworking. It is perfect for beginners just starting out and is also a valuable resource for the more advanced woodworker, helping them to further develop their hand tool skills and woodworking knowledge.
The first part of the book will enable you to discover the simple concepts that surround the use of traditional hand tools and master aspects of woodworking in general. It introduces the mantra of "sharpness, accuracy, technique" By using only three joints and about ten hand tools, you will be introduced to the speed and efficiency of hand cut joinery.
The second part is all about mastering the core techniques of joinery through a series of hand built projects. Focusing on each of the three joints in turn, you will learn to master dovetailed boxes, bookcase making and the principles of table making. By using a combination of these joints, you will learn how to make your own European Workbench. Central to this entire course is a very thorough and comprehensive explanation of how to sharpen your tools, simply and quickly.
Most importantly this book will teach you, with just a few basic hand tools, how to make hundreds of projects with the skill and confidence of a real Artisan.
Note. The DVD collection that accompanies this book is also available on Amazon under Film & TV. This consists of 7 full length films and is available as:
- A full set of 7 DVDs and book
- 7 DVDs
- Individual DVDs
- Working Wood 1 & 2 is part of a comprehensive course in woodworking and accompanies 7 DVDs.
- Projects include: spatulas, spoons, cutting boards, bowls, three-legged stools, bookshelf unit, Shaker-style dovetailed box, chairside table and a European workbench.
|Canoecraft: An Illustrated Guide to Fine Woodstrip Construction
Lowest new price: $13.50
Lowest used price: $6.89
List price: $24.95
Author: Ted Moores
Brand: Brand: Firefly Books
Reviews of previous edition:
An excellent definitive book... something you must read if you are going to build a woodstrip canoe. -- Canoeist
If you want to build a strip-plank canoe or kayak, Canoecraft is the book to buy... A very comprehensive boatbuilding book and highly recommended. -- Water Craft
A Woodworking Magazine Top 40 Book
Now revised and expanded with 32 pages of color and an updated resources section, this 70,000-copy international bestseller, known as the 'Bible of canoe building' is back, bigger and better than ever.
Ted Moores is a master builder of woodstrip/epoxy canoes. Over four decades teaching wooden-boat construction, he discovered that the same dream motivates all of his students, no matter their age: to build something beautiful and functional.
Canoecraft is the road map to that dream. Moores offers comprehensive instructions for the first-time builder, and for the second-time builder. He adds a variety of canoe plans, each presented as a traditional table of offsets. There is also a series of builder's tips and techniques, and an entire chapter on carving a paddle, the perfect accompaniment to a handcrafted canoe.
Whether the goal is to build a general-purpose recreational canoe, or an efficient modern tripping canoe, or a full-decked fast-cruising canoe with walnut veneer, Canoecraft is the ideal guide to making it happen successfully.
- Used Book in Good Condition
|The New Bandsaw Box Book: Techniques & Patterns for the Modern Woodworker
Lowest new price: $11.52
Lowest used price: $12.98
List price: $19.95
Author: David Picciuto
Brand: David Picciuto
No woodworking project is more fun to make than a box. Requiring little material and offering lots of challenges, making a wooden box results in a satisfyingly functional project that is proudly used and displayed or given as a gift that will be cherished for years. It’s no wonder boxes rank as the most popular woodworking project by beginners and advanced craftsman alike. David Picciuto, aka The Drunken Woodworker, is a huge fan of making boxes, especially with his trusty bandsaw. His Bandsaw Box You Tube videos and his Weekly Woodworking Round-up are must see viewing among the woodworking community. In his first book, The New Bandsaw Box Book: Technqiues and Patterns for the Modern Woodworker, David presents a collection of beautiful boxes that can be easily made with a bandsaw, considered by most woodworkers as the most important, versatile, and easy to use stationary tool in the workshop. Each project is captured in a modern and fresh step-by-step style that makes learning easy while David’s engaging manner keeps the information accessible and light. In keeping with the younger, artisan mindset that is infiltrating the woodworking community, David concludes with his “raises a glass” toast that matches the perfect craft beer to compliment the wood and style of each completed project.
- The New Bandsaw Box Book Techniques Patterns for the Modern Woodworker
|The Beginner's Handbook of Woodcarving: With Project Patterns for Line Carving, Relief Carving, Carving in the Round, and Bird Carving
Lowest new price: $5.24
Lowest used price: $2.74
List price: $12.95
Author: Charles Beiderman
Brand: Charles Beiderman
"An excellent book for all carvers." — The Mallet
"A woodcarver is one who can take a scrap of wood, breathe life into it with patient, skilled hands, and make it a warm object of lasting beauty. That is creativity," say award-winning craftsmen Beiderman and Johnston in this well-organized and highly instructive guidebook that tells you everything you need to know to create attractive woodcarvings.
Especially written for the novice, it shows how to produce realistic animals, flowers, and humorous figures in a variety of forms: in the round, in relief, and as line carvings. A wide spectrum of more than 60 project patterns offers practical plans and ideas for carvers at all levels of expertise.
The authors provide a detailed yet easy-to-follow introduction to carving tools and how to use them. There are also helpful hints to guide beginning carvers through difficult stages of carving, and expert advice on painting and finishing, woodcarving as gifts, how to exhibit and enter carvings in competition, and much more. You'll even find a whole chapter devoted to carving birds.
Abundantly illustrated with over 200 photographs and detailed line drawings, this first paperback edition of The Beginner's Handbook of Woodcarving will be welcomed by any would-be woodcarver seeking a thorough, reliable, and crystal-clear introduction to the age-old art of carving wood.
- The Beginner s Handbook of Woodcarving With Project Patterns for Line Carving Relief Carving Carving in the Round and Bird Carving
- Walnut Hollow WH4005 Basswood Whittlers Carving Blocks, 10 Piece
- Complete Starter Guide to Whittling: 24 Easy Projects You Can Make in a Weekend (Beginner-Friendly Step-by-Step Instructions, Tips, & Ready-to-Carve Patterns to Whittle Toys & Gifts)
- 20-Minute Whittling Projects: Fun Things to Carve from Wood (Fox Chapel Publishing) Step-by-Step Instructions & Photos to Whittle Expressive Figures; Wizards, Gargoyles, Dogs, & More for Gift-Giving
- SIMILK 12 Set SK7 Carbon Steel Wood Carving Tools with Protective Cover, Crafting Chisel tools with Leather Finger Guard & Storage Case & Graver Whetstones
- Whittler's Premium Basswood Carving Blocks Kit - Best Whittling Kit for Kids - Preferred Soft Wood Block sizes included - Made in the USA
- Carving Faces Workbook: Learn to Carve Facial Expressions with the Legendary Harold Enlow (Fox Chapel Publishing) (Detailed Lips, Eyes, Noses, & Hair to Add Expressive Life to Your Woodcarvings)
- Carving the Little Guys: Easy Techniques for Beginning Woodcarvers (Fox Chapel Publishing) Skill-Building Introduction to the Art of Caricature Carving: Wood, Tools, Sharpening, Finishing, & More
- Chris Pye's Woodcarving Course & Reference Manual: A Beginner's Guide to Traditional Techniques (Fox Chapel Publishing) Relief Carving and In-the-Round Step-by-Step (Woodcarving Illustrated Books)
- Treeline Leather Thumb Guard, Size Large, Made in USA
- Gimars 12 Set SK5 Carbon Steel Wax & Wood Carving Tools Knife Kit for rubber, small pumpkin, Soap, Vegetables and more for Kids & Beginners with Reusable Pouch
|Great Book of Woodburning: Pyrography Techniques, Patterns and Projects for all Skill Levels (Fox Chapel Publishing) 30 Original, Traceable Patterns and Step-by-Step Instructions from Lora S. Irish
Lowest new price: $13.55
Lowest used price: $10.03
List price: $22.95
Author: Lora S. Irish
Brand: Lora S Irish
Renowned author Lora S. Irish shares her secrets on creating stunning pyrography! Inside Great Book of Woodburning, you'll find:
- A 200-page, fully-illustrated guide to learning to burn
- 30 patterns for beginning, intermediate, and advanced pyrographers
- Skill-building exercises to help you master temperature, stroke, texture, and layering
- Step-by-step instructions and photos to pratice patterns
- Pyrography methods to help you judge the depth of color or tonal value for each area of your design
- An inspiring gallery of Lora S. Irish's work
In this fully illustrated, 200-page guide, nationally recognized artist and pyrographer Lora S. Irish shares her expertise and reveals her secrets for crafting beautiful burned images from any drawing, pattern, or photograph. In no time, you'll be doing everything from shading to composition as you adorn furniture, jewelry, ornaments, greeting cards, and much more, using the directions provided in this complete woodburning resource.
Beginner and advanced pyrographers alike will benefit from the 30 original traceable line patterns and the clear step-by-step instructions. An inspiring full-color gallery illustrates the beauty of Lora's finished projects.
Inside Great Book of Woodburning, you'll find exercises to master temperature, stroke, texture and layering, methods to judge depth of color and tonal values, and chapters on equipment, surface selection, and finishing techniques.
If you want to experience the joy of creating stunning pyrography art, all you need is an inexpensive woodburning tool and this book!
- Great Book of Woodburning Pyrography Techniques Patterns and Projects for All Skill Levels
- Pyrography Workbook: A Complete Guide to the Art of Woodburning (Fox Chapel Publishing) Step-by-Step Projects and Original Patterns for Beginners, Intermediate, and Advanced Woodburners
- Pyrography Patterns: Basic Techniques and 30 Wildlife Designs for Woodburning (Fox Chapel Publishing) Large, Ready-to-Use Patterns, Both Line and Tonal, plus Tips & Advice from Artist Sue Walters
- Woodburning Project & Pattern Treasury: Create Your Own Pyrography Art with 75 Mix-and-Match Designs (Fox Chapel Publishing) Step-by-Step Instructions for Both Beginners and Advanced Woodburners
- The Art & Craft of Pyrography: Drawing with Fire on Leather, Gourds, Cloth, Paper, and Wood (Fox Chapel Publishing) More Than 40 Patterns, Step-by-Step Projects, and Expert Advice from Lora S. Irish
- Pyrography Basics: Techniques and Exercises for Beginners (Fox Chapel Publishing) Skill-Building Step-by-Step Instructions & Patterns with Temperature, Time, Texture & Layering Advice from Lora Irish
- Pyrography Designs
- Learn to Burn: A Step-by-Step Guide to Getting Started in Pyrography (Fox Chapel Publishing) Easily Create Beautiful Art & Gifts with 14 Step-by-Step Projects, How-to Photographs, & 50 Bonus Patterns
- Woodburning Realistic People: Step-by-Step Guide to Creating Perfect Portraits of People (Fox Chapel Publishing) Learn How to Turn a Photo of a Loved One into a Beautiful Pyrography Pattern
- Big Book of Pyrography Projects: Expert Techniques and 23 All-Time Favorite Projects
- 40Pcs Wood Burning Kit, Adjustable Temperature Soldering iron / Leather Pyrography Pen + Embossing/Carving/Soldering Tips +Stencil + Stand + Carrying Case
|Trim Carpentry and Built-Ins: Taunton's BLP: Expert Advice from Start to Finish (Taunton's Build Like a Pro)
Lowest new price: $11.60
Lowest used price: $2.33
List price: $21.95
Author: Andrew Wormer
Brand: Clayton DeKorne
Learn how to get tight miters and crisp details when casing doors and windows, running baseboard, and putting up crown molding. Trim Carpentry and Built-Ins shows you how to get professional results with all of your common trim projects. Among the latest in Taunton's Build Like a Pro series, Trim Carpentry and Built-Ins is filled with trade secrets and tried-and-true methods from carpenter and author Clayton DeKorne's 25 years in the industry. Detailed instructions with hundreds of photos and drawings can help you overcome challenges like out-of-square walls, floors, and ceilings. You'll also learn how to design and build custom built-in bookcases and cabinets to enhance any room in the house.
This book brings you:
- professional tips and trade secrets for installing trim with precision
- advice on common trim projects, including window and door casing, baseboards, crown molding, and wainscoting
- detailed instructions for built-in bookcases and cabinets
- ISBN13: 9781561584789
- Condition: New
- Notes: BRAND NEW FROM PUBLISHER! 100% Satisfaction Guarantee. Tracking provided on most orders. Buy with Confidence! Millions of books sold!
- Bookcases, Cabinets & Built-Ins
- Trim Complete: Expert Advice from Start to Finish (Taunton's Complete)
- 1001 Ideas for Trimwork: The Ultimate Source Book For Decorating With Trim & Molding (Hundreds of Designs to Bring Warmth & Character to Every Room of Your Home: Doors, Pillars, Wainscoting, & More)
- Building Kitchen Cabinets: Taunton's BLP: Expert Advice from Start to Finish (Taunton's Build Like a Pro)
- Illustrated Cabinetmaking: How to Design and Construct Furniture That Works (Fox Chapel Publishing) 1300+ Drawings & Diagrams for Drawers, Tables, Beds, Joints, & Subassemblies
- Built-Ins: Expert Advice from Start to Finish (Taunton's Build Like a Pro)
- All New Built-Ins Idea Book: Closets*Mudrooms*Cabinets*Pantries (Taunton Home Idea Books)
- Bob Lang's The Complete Kitchen Cabinetmaker, Revised Edition: Shop Drawings and Professional Methods for Designing and Constructing Every Kind of Kitchen and Built-In Cabinet (Fox Chapel Publishing)
- Finish Carpentry (For Pros By Pros)
- Shelves, Cabinets & Bookcases
|Tage Frid Teaches Woodworking: Three Step-by-Step Guidebooks to Essential Woodworking Techniques
Lowest new price: $60.87
Lowest used price: $63.60
List price: $99.95
Author: Tage Frid
Brand: Brand: Taunton Press
As a tribute to Tage Frid who passed away in 2004, combined with the 30th anniversary of The Taunton Press, this three-volume slipcase set is the most complete, authoritative guide to woodworking for readers of all skill levels. The books in the slipcase include: ""Book 1: Joinery,"" ""Book 2: Shaping, Veneering, Finishing,"" and ""Book 3: Furnituremaking,"" The techniques illustrated in these books are demonstrated step by step, with clarity and organization that allows readers to understand and carry out virtually any woodworking project. This is a limited edition.
- Used Book in Good Condition
|Easy Carpentry Projects for Children (Dover Children's Activity Books)
Lowest new price: $3.86
Lowest used price: $1.25
List price: $5.95
Author: Jerome E. Leavitt
Brand: Dover Publications
"All projects have been pretested for school use and are suitable for youngsters." — Bulletin of National Association of Secondary School Principals.
What better way to learn than by doing? This thoughtfully conceived woodworking primer by educator Jerome E. Leavitt makes learning basic carpentry skills enjoyable and rewarding for boys and girls ages 8 and up. With special sections on basic hand tools, squaring a block of wood, and wood finishing, this unique how-to book presents step-by-step instructions for making 15 popular wooden items — all scaled to the beginner's capabilities: Sailboat, Clock Shelf, Bird Feeder, Candlesticks, Hot Dish Coaster, Towel Holder, Steamboat, Cart, Toy Sled , Birdhouse for a Wren, Book Rack, Shoeshine Kit, Table Lamp, Flower Box, and Tie Rack.
Carefully planned to appeal to young woodworkers, each project includes clear, simple directions, enhanced by clean, accurate diagrams and attractive line drawings. New carpenters will beam with pride and accomplishment at having constructed useful, tangible objects to keep or to give as presents to parents or friends.
Page 4 of 723
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED AS IS AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.