|Browse by Catagory:
Civil Rights & Liberties
War & Peace
Cajun & Creole Cooking
Caribbean & West Indian Cooking
Diabetic & Sugar-Free Cooking
Low Fat Cooking
Middle Eastern Cooking
Pacific Rim Cooking
Home & Garden
Literature & Fiction
Sheet Music & Scores
Environmental & Natural Resources Law
Ethics & Professional Responsibility
Procedures & Litigation
Water Supply & Land Use
Lawyer and Crimal Humor
Outdoors & Nature
Hiking & Camping
Hunting & Fishing
Beer & Beer Making
Health & Fitness
Diets & Weight Loss
Children's Science & Nature
Vitamins & Supplements
Psychology and Counseling
Philosophy of Psychology
Physiological Aspects of Psychology
Psychology of Sexuality
Psychology Testing & Measurement
Chaos & Systems
Geometry & Topology
Logic & Brain Teasers
Chaos & Systems
Geometry & Topology
Probability & Statistics
Experiments, Instruments & Measurement
Chaos & Systems
Fusion & Fission
Nuclear Magnetic Resonance
Waves & Wave Mechanics
Administration & Policy
Allied Health Professions
Medical Education & Training
Endocrinology & Metabolism
Physician & Patient
Insects & Spiders
Fish & Aquariums
Mobile & Wireless Computing: Programming
Linux Kernel & Peripherals
Linux Networking & Administration
State & Local History
Sci Fi Calendars
Bujold, Lois McMaster
Card, Orson Scott
Chalker, Jack L.
Heinlein, Robert A.
McKillip, Patricia A.
Nye, Jody Lynn
|Interior Designs: An Adult Coloring Book with Beautifully Decorated Houses, Inspirational Room Designs, and Relaxing Modern Architecture (Relaxation Gifts)
Lowest new price: $6.37
Lowest used price: $2.99
List price: $6.99
Author: Jade Summer
Includes FREE Digital Version ($3.99 Value) | PDF for Unlimited, Fast, and Easy Printing
- Jade Summer books have 5,000+ 5-star Amazon Reviews. Discover what makes Jade Summer one of the premier adult coloring book brands and a frequent best-seller on Amazon. Explore the entire Jade Summer collection of 75+ coloring books and find the perfect book for your next coloring adventure.
- Beautiful, Fun, and Relaxing Coloring Pages. Our incredible coloring pages will empower you to create masterpieces and release your inner-artist. Every page you color will pull you into a relaxing world where your responsibilities will seem to fade away…
- 25 Unique Images | 2 Copies of Every Image | Single-sided Pages. You get an extra copy of each image in case you make a mistake, want to color the image a second time, or have an extra to share with a friend. Every image is placed on its own black-backed page to reduce the bleed-through problem found in other coloring books.
- This book includes a FREE digital edition. You can download the entire book and print pages as many times as you want! Our digital editions are also mobile-app friendly, so you get the best of both worlds.
- Become part of the Jade Summer community. Our fun, friendly, and supportive community on social media is an outstanding way to view completed pages from other Jade Summer fans, meet other colorists, share your masterpieces with the world, and participate in making future coloring books (including exclusive access to pre-release artwork).
- BONUS: Download 50 Free Coloring Pages. This book includes free access to an incredible collection of free coloring pages which we have hand-picked from 25 different Jade Summer books. Enjoy this amazing bonus content as our way of saying “thank you” for being a customer.
Why Other Colorists Love this Book
“For those who like to decorate, this is the book for you.” – Ana Duncan
“I love that I can design (color) my dream home in the rooms that Jade Summer created.” – Helen Newcomb
“I liked it so much, I ordered one for a friend.” – Barbara Morgan
Buy Now & Relax...
Know someone who would love this book? Buy two copies and surprise them with a special gift. You can even color together!
Buy this book now. Scroll to the top of the page and click the Add to Cart button.
|Building Beehives For Dummies
Lowest new price: $11.62
Lowest used price: $9.64
List price: $19.99
Author: Howland Blackiston
The easy way to build your own beehives and beekeeping equipment
Building Beehives For Dummies is the follow-up book to the bestselling Beekeeping For Dummies. It provides everything you need to learn how to build some of the world's most popular hives and beekeeping accessories. For each design the book includes a detailed materials list (what lumber, hardware and fasteners you'll need), step-by-step building instructions, and illustrative drawings that show how the components all fit together. There are over a dozen plans in all, including the traditional Langstroth hive, the eight frame garden hive, designs for elevated hive stands, the Warre hive, screened bottom board, the Kenya top-bar hive, four-frame observation hive, hive top feeders, and more. The book contains introductory chapters that teach you the basic carpentry skills necessary to build any of the plans in the book.
Whether you are a new beekeeper or a seasoned ol’timer, Building Beehives for Dummies provides you with the information you need to plan and succeed at building beehives (and other cool accessories). You'll discover what type of hive to build, hints on how to maintain your equipment, what bees need to stay happy and healthy, where to locate your hive, and much more.
- Covers "bee space," the critical technical measurement within a beehive that's crucial for easy inspection of your colonies
- Offers guidance on keeping both urban and suburban neighbors happy, getting proper permissions, and understanding regional laws and regulations
- Provides creative ideas for dressing up hives for fun and profit
In today’s world of self-sufficiency, back-to-basics and sustainability, building beehives is a fun hobby that both you and your bees will appreciate and benefit from.
- Beekeeping For Dummies (For Dummies (Lifestyle))
- Build Your Own Beekeeping Equipment: How to Construct 8- & 10-Frame Hives; Top Bar, Nuc & Demo Hives; Feeders, Swarm Catchers & More
- The Beekeeper's Bible: Bees, Honey, Recipes & Other Home Uses
- The Backyard Beekeeper, 4th Edition: An Absolute Beginner's Guide to Keeping Bees in Your Yard and Garden
- Beekeeping: A Simple Guide to Starting Your First Colony (Beekeeping, beekeeping supplies, honey bee colonies, bee hives, beekeepers)
- The Beekeeper's Handbook
- The Backyard Beekeeper - Revised and Updated, 3rd Edition: An Absolute Beginner's Guide to Keeping Bees in Your Yard and Garden - New material ... urban beekeeping - How to use top bar hives
- New Bee Hive Smoker Stainless Steel w/Heat Shield Beekeeping Equipment from VIVO (BEE-V001)
- KINGLAKE Steel J Hook Bee Hive Tool Frame Lifter and Scraper,Beekeeping Equipment, 10-1/2-Inch
- Jackson Wire 11061615 Hardware Cloth, 1/8 Inch By 1/8 Inch Mesh. 36 Inch By 10 Foot Redi Roll
|Audubon Birdhouse Book: Building, Placing, and Maintaining Great Homes for Great Birds
Lowest new price: $14.81
Lowest used price: $12.25
List price: $24.99
Author: Margaret Barker
A visit to almost any home or garden center presents birders with numerous cute and colorful contraptions that are sold as bird homes. But the fact is, many of these products provide anything but a safe refuge for your feathered friends.
Produced in association with the National Audubon Society, Audubon Birdhouse Book explains how to build and place functional DIY bird homes that are safe and appropriate for more than 20 classic North American species, from wrens to raptors. Each of the easy-to-build boxes and shelves within is accompanied by cut lists, specially created line diagrams, and step-by-step photography, making the projects accessible to those with even the most rudimentary woodworking skills. In addition, this practical and beautifully presented guide is packed with color photography and information about the bird species covered—including titmice, chickadees, nuthatches, phoebes, swallows, waterfowl, and even kestrels and owls—to help the reader properly place and maintain the homes to attract birds. And because these projects are the product of years of experience and field-testing, you can be sure you’re getting the best advice regarding proper design, safe construction materials, and correct home placement to mitigate exposure to elements, pests, and predators. Finally, beyond the birdhouses, you’ll find out how you can contribute to the larger birding community and even enhance your birding experience with the aid of new technologies.
|Swedish Carving Techniques (Fine Woodworking)
Lowest new price: $14.68
Lowest used price: $14.91
List price: $24.95
Author: Wille Sundqvist
Brand: Sundqvist, Willie/ Rudstrom, James (TRN)
For all those looking for this much sought-after handbook, the wait is over. Originally published in 1990 and out of print for almost 10 years, Swedish Carving Techniques by Wille Sundqvist has enjoyed cult status among carvers and craftsmen and is widely considered the bible of spoon carvers. Now a brand-new issue - just like the 1990 version - can be yours directly from The Taunton Press, the original publisher.
Sharpened axes and knives are the oldest hand tools known to man. As the author says, “I have come to recognize that there is an enormous lack of understanding and skill in using hand tools....This, along with a realization of the close relationship between hand tools and the keen sense of design that was our forefathers’, has prompted me to write this book.” Swedish Carving Techniques brings a new appreciation of this age-old craft and how working with knives and axes fits into todays high-tech world.
Lessons from a life-long carver who loves working with his hands. In honest, straightforward style, Wille Sundqvist shares his love for basic hand tools and the practical objects they can produce from branches, burls, and crooked pieces of wood. He brings this simple art to life by showing you:
- The hand tools he works with and how to sharpen them
- Carving techniques and different kinds of strokes
- Tips for designing spoons for maximum strength
- How to shape dough bowls, butter paddles, and ladles
- Techniques for adding decorative detailing
- Plus safety tips for enjoying this age-old craft
Re-discovering traditional handcrafts and “rewards not possible with machines.” Carving, as practiced by Wille Sundqvist, has great appeal in a complex world because it doesn’t require a huge commitment of time or a special shop. But it does improve dexterity, build strength, encourage creativity, reduce dependence on technology, and keep alive the rich cultural heritage of Swedish craftsmen.
|Workbenches Revised Edition: From Design & Theory to Construction & Use
Lowest new price: $21.94
Lowest used price: $16.00
List price: $34.99
Author: Christopher Schwarz
Two centuries of workbench wisdom in one book!
With this book, your very first workbench will do everything you need it to do--possibly for the rest of your woodworking career!
Encompassing years of historical research and real-world trials, Christopher Schwarz boils down centuries of the history and engineering of workbenches into basic ideas that all woodworkers can use.
- Learn how to design your own world-class workbench
- Learn the fundamental rules of good workbench design that have been largely forgotten
- Learn how to build an inexpensive and practical bench that hasn't been in widespread use for over 100 years
- Learn how to properly use any workbench
In this revised and updated edition you'll find plans for five benches--two sturdy English benches and two variations on the French Roubo, as well as a portable bench you can clamp to any solid surface. The old-school benches in this book are simpler than modern benches, easier to build and perfect for both power and hand tools.
Beginning woodworkers can build any of these benches. The technical drawings are clear and show every detail. Using the step-by-step instructions, you will be amazed at how easily these workbenches can be constructed.
|Making Wooden Gear Clocks: 6 Cool Contraptions That Really Keep Time (Fox Chapel Publishing) Step-by-Step Projects for Handmade Clocks, from Beginner to Advanced; Includes Full-Size Pattern Pack
Lowest new price: $8.88
Lowest used price: $9.87
List price: $14.99
Author: Editors of Scroll Saw Woodworking & Crafts
Making a piece of wood move is fun, but making it tell time is truly amazing!
- 7 step-by-step projects, arranged by skill level from beginner to advanced
- 6 different clocks, including a 30-Hour Gear Clock, Flying Pendulum Clock, and Electromagnetic Gear Clock, plus a bonus project for a kinetic sculpture
- Full-size pull-out pattern pack is included, attached to the book in a handy pouch
- Complete patterns, material lists, and intructions so woodworkers of any ability can successfully build a clock
- Fun, ingenious plans to make a simple wooden machine with your own two hands that actually moves and keeps time
- Handmade clocks make wonderful gifts and are popular items at arts & crafts fairs
Inside this book you'll find ingenious plans for creating awesome wooden machines that actually move and keep time. These working wooden wonders might just be the most enjoyable projects you ever build in your shop.
Wooden gear clocks are not only fascinating to watch, but can be surprisingly accurate timepieces. Just don't expect atomic precision—after all, they're modeled on 17th-century technology! But as you build these clocks you'll use all of the basic principles that still govern mechanical clocks today.
Six well-illustrated step-by-step projects are arranged by skill level from beginner to advanced, and full-sized patterns are attached to the book in a handy pouch.
With a little perseverance you'll soon be ticking along happily with your own wooden clockworks. All you have to do is build them, wind them up, and let them run—no batteries required.
|Spoon: A Guide to Spoon Carving and the New Wood Culture
Lowest new price: $16.18
Lowest used price: $12.39
List price: $25.00
Author: Barn the Spoon
Brand: Simon and Schuster
In this fully illustrated and beautiful guide to our most functional utensil—the spoon—a master craftsman shares his life’s work: designing and carving exquisite, functional wooden spoons from branches and logs using time-honored woodworking skills and techniques.
The simple, ordinary spoon is part of our everyday lives, from stirring our first cup of coffee to the long slurp of soup poured with a ladle to scraping the last bit of pudding from the bowl. Barn the Spoon is a master craftsman in the rarified art of spoon carving and a thoughtful proponent of the new wood culture renaissance. His love, care, and passion for wooden spoons is genuine and infectious. In Spoon he brings unparalleled color and character to his role as one of the world’s most respected spoon carvers and shares the extraordinary skill and gentle philosophy he applies to his life’s work.
Barn shows how to use the axe and knife, from how they should feel in your hand to honing the perfect edge when carving your own spoons. Featuring sixteen unique designs in the four main categories of spoon—eating, serving, cooking, and measuring—Barn takes you through the nuances of their making, how each design is informed by its function at the table or in the kitchen, and the key skills you will learn. Stunning photography on nearly every page both inspires and acts as a blueprint to help perfect your technique.
A celebration of the ordinary transformed into the extraordinary, Barn’s spoons take you on a journey into the new wood culture, from understanding the relationship among wood, the raw material, and its majestic origins in our trees and woodland, to the workshop and the axe block, and into your own kitchen. This gorgeous, full-color book is the perfect gift for the home chef, woodcarver, crafter, collector, artist, escapist urbanite, or anyone harboring dreams of a self-sufficient lifestyle.
|Essential Guide to the Steel Square: How to Figure Everything Out with One Simple Tool, No Batteries Required (Fox Chapel Publishing) Unlock the Secrets of This Invaluable, Time-Honored Hand Tool
Lowest new price: $11.55
Lowest used price: $10.56
List price: $16.99
Author: Ken Horner
Every woodworker owns a steel square, but few know all they could do with it! Inside Essential Guide to the Steel Square:
- Unlock the secrets of the steel square, an indispensable time-honored hand tool
- A handy reference for any curious carpenter, woodworker, or serious do-it-yourselfer
- Quickly solve common construction problems involving angles, arcs, circles, & squares
- No batteries required to answer geometry and layout questions for any project
- Practical advice, simple rules of thumb, and skill-building exercises
- Hundreds of clear illustrations and diagrams
For centuries, the steel square has been a mainstay in the toolbox of skilled craftsmen. In the hands of someone who knows how to use it, this simple tool can quickly solve many common construction problems involving angles, arcs, circles, and squares.
With the help of Essential Guide to the Steel Square, anyone can unlock the helpful secrets of this valuable, time-honored tool. Packed with hundreds of clear illustrations and diagrams, skill-building exercises, and simple rules of thumb, this handy reference will show any curious carpenter, woodworker, or serious do-it-yourselfer how indispensable the steel square can be in building stairs, roofs, rafters, and practically anything else.
No batteries are required—your steel square can solve many problems that your smart phone can't!
|Working Wood 1 & 2: the Artisan Course with Paul Sellers
Lowest new price: $34.99
Lowest used price: $47.94
List price: $34.99
Author: Paul Sellers
This book is the core part of a course that represents the distilled experience and knowledge, developed over 47 years, of Woodworker and Master Craftsman, Paul Sellers. His remarkable journey saw him learn his trade as a traditional apprentice in England during in the 1960s, and then progress, many years later, to design and make furniture for American Presidents.
Evident throughout this beautifully crafted book is Paul's love of woodworking and also of teaching. It is a source of inspiration as well as a complete woodworking system and philosophy.
The clarity of Paul's teaching is quite exceptional. Founded on twenty years experience during which he has taught over 3,000 woodworkers, the book progressively introduces new skills and techniques through projects, and then reinforces and expands on these as the reader progresses further. With over 800 color photos, diagrams and illustrations, every stage and technique is clearly explained and discussed.
Working Wood is a comprehensive course in hand tool woodworking. It is perfect for beginners just starting out and is also a valuable resource for the more advanced woodworker, helping them to further develop their hand tool skills and woodworking knowledge.
The first part of the book will enable you to discover the simple concepts that surround the use of traditional hand tools and master aspects of woodworking in general. It introduces the mantra of "sharpness, accuracy, technique" By using only three joints and about ten hand tools, you will be introduced to the speed and efficiency of hand cut joinery.
The second part is all about mastering the core techniques of joinery through a series of hand built projects. Focusing on each of the three joints in turn, you will learn to master dovetailed boxes, bookcase making and the principles of table making. By using a combination of these joints, you will learn how to make your own European Workbench. Central to this entire course is a very thorough and comprehensive explanation of how to sharpen your tools, simply and quickly.
Most importantly this book will teach you, with just a few basic hand tools, how to make hundreds of projects with the skill and confidence of a real Artisan.
Note. The DVD collection that accompanies this book is also available on Amazon under Film & TV. This consists of 7 full length films and is available as:
- A full set of 7 DVDs and book
- 7 DVDs
- Individual DVDs
- Working Wood 1 & 2 is part of a comprehensive course in woodworking and accompanies 7 DVDs.
- Projects include: spatulas, spoons, cutting boards, bowls, three-legged stools, bookshelf unit, Shaker-style dovetailed box, chairside table and a European workbench.
|Shelters, Shacks, and Shanties: The Classic Guide to Building Wilderness Shelters (Dover Books on Architecture)
Lowest new price: $8.65
Lowest used price: $4.32
List price: $12.95
Author: D. C. Beard
This excellent hands-on guide by one of the founders of the Boy Scouts of America contains a wealth of practical instruction and advice on how to build everything from a bark teepee and a tree-top house to a log cabin and a sod house. No professional architects are needed here; and knowing how to use an axe is more important than possessing carpentry skills.
More than 300 of the author's own illustrations and a clear, easy-to-follow text enable campers to create such lodgings as half-cave shelters, beaver mat huts, birch bark shacks, over-water camps, a Navajo hogan, and a pole house. Additional chapters provide information on how to use an axe, split and notch logs, make a fireplace, and even build appropriate gateways to log houses, game preserves, ranches, and other open areas.
An invaluable book for scouts, campers, hikers, and hunters of all ages, this guide and its fascinating collection of outdoor lore "still has intrinsic value," said Whole Earth Magazine, and will be of keen interest to any modern homesteader.
Page 5 of 732
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED AS IS AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.