|Browse by Catagory:
Civil Rights & Liberties
War & Peace
Cajun & Creole Cooking
Caribbean & West Indian Cooking
Diabetic & Sugar-Free Cooking
Low Fat Cooking
Middle Eastern Cooking
Pacific Rim Cooking
Home & Garden
Literature & Fiction
Sheet Music & Scores
Environmental & Natural Resources Law
Ethics & Professional Responsibility
Procedures & Litigation
Water Supply & Land Use
Lawyer and Crimal Humor
Outdoors & Nature
Hiking & Camping
Hunting & Fishing
Beer & Beer Making
Health & Fitness
Diets & Weight Loss
Children's Science & Nature
Vitamins & Supplements
Psychology and Counseling
Philosophy of Psychology
Physiological Aspects of Psychology
Psychology of Sexuality
Psychology Testing & Measurement
Chaos & Systems
Geometry & Topology
Logic & Brain Teasers
Chaos & Systems
Geometry & Topology
Probability & Statistics
Experiments, Instruments & Measurement
Chaos & Systems
Fusion & Fission
Nuclear Magnetic Resonance
Waves & Wave Mechanics
Administration & Policy
Allied Health Professions
Medical Education & Training
Endocrinology & Metabolism
Physician & Patient
Insects & Spiders
Fish & Aquariums
Mobile & Wireless Computing: Programming
Linux Kernel & Peripherals
Linux Networking & Administration
State & Local History
Sci Fi Calendars
Bujold, Lois McMaster
Card, Orson Scott
Chalker, Jack L.
Heinlein, Robert A.
McKillip, Patricia A.
Nye, Jody Lynn
|Floret Farm's Cut Flower Garden: Grow, Harvest, and Arrange Stunning Seasonal Blooms
Lowest new price: $20.36
Lowest used price: $14.84
List price: $29.95
Author: Erin Benzakein
Brand: Chronicle Books
The Cut Flower Garden: Erin Benzakein is a florist-farmer, leader in the locaflor farm-to-centerpiece movement, and owner of internationally renowned Floret Flower Farm in Washington's lush Skagit Valley.
A stunning flower book: This beautiful guide to growing, harvesting, and arranging gorgeous blooms year-round provides readers with vital tools to nurture a stunning flower garden and use their blossoms to create show-stopping arrangements.
Floret Farm's Cut Flower Garden: Cut Flower Garden is equal parts instruction and inspiration—a book overflowing with lush photography of magnificent flowers and breathtaking arrangements organized by season. Find inspiration in this lush flower book:
- Irresistible photos of Erin's flower farm that showcase exquisite blooms
- Tips for growing in a variety of spaces and climates
- Step-by-step instructions for lavish garlands, airy centerpieces, and romantic floral décor for every season
If you liked Paris in Bloom, you'll love Floret Farm's Cut Flower Garden.
|The Psilocybin Mushroom Bible: The Definitive Guide to Growing and Using Magic Mushrooms
Lowest new price: $16.40
Lowest used price: $16.20
List price: $30.00
Author: Dr. K Mandrake PhD
Brand: Green Candy Press
The Psilocybin Mushroom Bible details every step of the complex mushroom cultivation process, making it hands down the largest and most comprehensive book ever written on the subject.
Readers will learn how to produce their own magic mushrooms quickly, safely, and effectively. The book features over 40 step-by-step photographic instruction guides to each step of the process, including: sterilizing the equipment to produce mushrooms; how to build the containers used during home mushroom cultivation; safety measures for preventing contamination of the mushroom cultures; and a guide to consuming magic mushrooms safely and enjoyably.
Dr. Mandrake uses his doctoral studies in mycology to detail the history and botany of psilocybin mushrooms to give readers an idea of their prevalence throughout human history. The book is highly detailed and comprehensive, allowing readers to learn the entire process required to produce perfect magic mushrooms every time.
|Marijuana Horticulture: The Indoor/Outdoor Medical Grower's Bible
Lowest new price: $12.93
Lowest used price: $11.19
List price: $29.95
Author: Jorge Cervantes
Brand: Van Patten Publishing
With 512 full color pages and 1120 full color photographs and illustrations, Marijuana Horticulture: The Indoor/Outdoor Medical Grower's Bible is the most complete cultivation book available. The Fifth Edition of the former Indoor Marijuana Horticulture: The Indoor Bible was originally published in 1983, when it immediately became a best seller. More than 500,000 copies of the Indoor Bible are in print in Dutch, English, French, German and Spanish.
New greenhouse and outdoor growing chapters make this a book both indoor and outdoor growers will keep under thumb. The other 15 chapters (17 total) are all updated with the most current information, completely rewritten and significantly expanded. For example, Dr. John McPartland contributed an all new medical section - The books credits list more than 300 contributors and reads like a who's who in the world of cannabis cultivation.
|Flower Color Guide
Lowest new price: $22.34
Lowest used price: $24.50
List price: $35.00
Author: Darroch Putnam
The ultimate color-by-color flower reference guide - from New York's pre-eminent floral designers, Putnam and Putnam
Planning a wedding, a dinner, a birthday party, a romantic evening, holiday entertaining, or just arranging flowers for the pleasure of having them, more often than not your creative process begins with thinking about the color of the flowers that you want. To help you find what you are looking for, Flower Color Guide is the first reference book to organize flower types by color, with an emphasis on seasonality and creative color schemes - and the results are stunning in their sheer variety. What Pantone is to color, Flower Color Guide is to flowers.
Showcasing 400 flowers at their peak, with stunning photography taken by Putnam & Putnam in their Brooklyn studio, this guide includes an appendix featuring perforated pages, with tips on flower care, notes on how to prepare vessels and a list of suggested color schemes. A great gift to give, or to have for oneself, the book speaks to the most seasoned flower enthusiasts as well as those just beginning to explore the possibilities of arranging flowers.
Michael and Darroch Putnam have built a reputation for romantic, dramatic floral arrangements and installations using color as their guiding principle - here, they share their knowledge with readers worldwide: "This is the book we wished we had when we started doing flowers."
|How Not to Kill Your Houseplant: Survival Tips for the Horticulturally Challenged
Lowest new price: $9.99
Lowest used price: $7.79
List price: $14.99
Author: Veronica Peerless
Can't keep a houseplant alive, no matter how hard you try and how good your intentions are? This is the book for you. You need this book. Give plants a chance.
Help your plant live with survival tips and learn the simple ways not to kill your plants.With over 50 different types of popular houseplants, How Not to Kill Your Houseplant summarizes what type of care your plants do (or don't) need. Be on the lookout for warning signs of a sick plant, from brown spots to crispy leaves, and make sure you take the proper action to rescue your plant.
Learn the basics of horticulture, from watering your plant to what kind of soil it should be placed in to how much light it needs every day to if a certain type of plant will thrive in your living space. Find out how to keep a cactus alive, where to hang air plants, and how to repot succulents.
Full of helpful tips, pictures, and informational panels, How Not to Kill Your Houseplant will turn your home into a beautiful greenhouse of healthy, happy plants.
|All New Square Foot Gardening, 3rd Edition, Fully Updated: MORE Projects - NEW Solutions - GROW Vegetables Anywhere
Lowest new price: $16.13
Lowest used price: $13.04
List price: $24.99
Author: Mel Bartholomew
In All New Square Food Gardening, 3rd Edition, the best-selling gardening book in North America is re-launched and updated for the next generation of gardeners and beyond.
Since Square Foot Gardening was first introduced in 1981, the revolutionary new way to garden developed by Mel Bartholomew has helped millions of home gardeners grow more fresh produce in less space and with less work. Now, based largely on the input and experience of these millions, the system has been even further refined and improved to fully meet today's changing resources, needs, and challenges.
With over 150 new photos and illustrations, this new edition makes it easier than ever to achieve nearly-foolproof results in virtually any situation: 100% of the produce; 20% of the water; 5% of the work.
Perfect for experienced Square-Foot-Gardeners or beginners, the original method created by Mel has not changed in any significant way with this new 3rd edition of All New Square Foot Gardening. It remains: build a box; fill it with Mel's Mix; add a grid. But along with the classic steps, you will find some interesting and compelling new information, such as:
Don't wait another season to try Mel's brilliant approach to gardening! We're sure it will work for you and you won't look back.
- Adding trellises and archways
- Substituting with new materials
- Adding automatic watering systems
- "Thinking Outside the Box" with creative configurations and shapes
- Square Foot Gardening in dense urban areas with little or no yard
- Square Foot Gardening with kids
- Crop protection
- Seeding Square: The Color-Coded Seed Spacer. Organizes and Optimizes Vegetable Gardens to Grow More Greens and Less Weeds. Gardening Made Simple!
- The Week-by-Week Vegetable Gardener's Handbook: Make the Most of Your Growing Season
- Vertical Gardening: Grow Up, Not Out, for More Vegetables and Flowers in Much Less Space
- Lasagna Gardening: A New Layering System for Bountiful Gardens: No Digging, No Tilling, No Weeding, No Kidding!
- Coarse Vermiculite, 4 cubic foot bag
- The Vegetable Gardener's Bible, 2nd Edition: Discover Ed's High-Yield W-O-R-D System for All North American Gardening Regions: Wide Rows, Organic Methods, Raised Beds, Deep Soil
- Square Foot Gardening: Growing Perfect Vegetables: A Visual Guide to Raising and Harvesting Prime Garden Produce (All New Square Foot Gardening)
- Square Foot Gardening with Kids: Learn Together: - Gardening Basics - Science and Math - Water Conse
- Carrots Love Tomatoes: Secrets of Companion Planting for Successful Gardening
- Square Foot Gardening Answer Book: New Information from the Creator of Square Foot Gardening - the Revolutionary Method (All New Square Foot Gardening)
|Rosemary Gladstar's Medicinal Herbs: A Beginner's Guide: 33 Healing Herbs to Know, Grow, and Use
Lowest new price: $9.27
Lowest used price: $4.99
List price: $14.95
Author: Rosemary Gladstar
Brand: Storey Publishing, LLC
Craft a soothing aloe lotion after an encounter with poison ivy, make a dandelion-burdock tincture to fix sluggish digestion, and brew up some lavender-lemon balm tea to ease a stressful day. In this introductory guide, Rosemary Gladstar shows you how easy it can be to make your own herbal remedies for life’s common ailments. Gladstar profiles 33 common healing plants and includes advice on growing, harvesting, preparing, and using herbs in healing tinctures, oils, and creams. Stock your medicine cabinet full of all-natural, low-cost herbal preparations.
- MEDICINAL HERBS BEGINNER'S
- Rosemary Gladstar's Herbal Recipes for Vibrant Health: 175 Teas, Tonics, Oils, Salves, Tinctures, and Other Natural Remedies for the Entire Family
- Alchemy of Herbs: Transform Everyday Ingredients into Foods and Remedies That Heal
- The Modern Herbal Dispensatory: A Medicine-Making Guide
- Encyclopedia of Herbal Medicine: 550 Herbs and Remedies for Common Ailments
- Rosemary Gladstar's Herbal Healing for Men: Remedies and Recipes for Circulation Support, Heart Health, Vitality, Prostate Health, Anxiety Relief, Longevity, Virility, Energy & Endurance
- Backyard Medicine: Harvest and Make Your Own Herbal Remedies
- Peterson Field Guide to Medicinal Plants and Herbs of Eastern and Central North America, Third Edition (Peterson Field Guides)
- The Herbal Medicine-Maker's Handbook: A Home Manual
- Healing Herbal Teas: Learn to Blend 101 Specially Formulated Teas for Stress Management, Common Ailments, Seasonal Health, and Immune Support
- The Herbal Apothecary: 100 Medicinal Herbs and How to Use Them
|The Vegetable Gardener's Bible, 2nd Edition: Discover Ed's High-Yield W-O-R-D System for All North American Gardening Regions: Wide Rows, Organic Methods, Raised Beds, Deep Soil
Lowest new price: $6.00
Lowest used price: $4.94
List price: $24.95
Author: Edward C. Smith
Brand: Storey Publishing, LLC
The invaluable resource for home food gardeners! Ed Smith's W-O-R-D system has helped countless gardeners grow an abundance of vegetables and herbs. And those tomatoes and zucchini and basil and cucumbers have nourished countless families, neighbors, and friends with delicious, fresh produce. The Vegetable Gardener's Bible is essential reading for locavores in every corner of North America!
Everything you loved about the first edition of The Vegetable Gardener's Bible is still here: friendly, accessible language; full-color photography; comprehensive vegetable specific information in the A-to-Z section; ahead-of-its-time commitment to organic methods; and much more.
Now, Ed Smith is back with a 10th Anniversary Edition for the next generation of vegetable gardeners. New to this edition is coverage of 15 additional vegetables, including an expanded section on salad greens and more European and Asian vegetables. Readers will also find growing information on more fruits and herbs, new cultivar photographs in many vegetable entries, and a much-requested section on extending the season into the winter months. No matter how cold the climate, growers can bring herbs indoors and keep hardy greens alive in cold frames or hoop houses.
The impulse to grow vegetables is even stronger in 2009 than it was in 2000, when Storey published The Vegetable Gardener’s Bible. The financial and environmental costs of fossil fuels raise urgent questions: How far should we be shipping food? What are the health costs of petroleum-based pesticides and herbicides? Do we have to rely on megafarms that use gasoline-powered machinery to grow and harvest crops? With every difficult question, more people think, "Maybe I should grow a few vegetables of my own." This book will continue to answer all their vegetable gardening questions.
Praise for the First Edition:
"In every small town, there is a vegetable garden that people go out of the way to walk past. Smith is the guy who grew that garden." — Verlyn Klinkenborg, The New York Times Book Review
"An abundance of photographs . . . visually bolster the techniques described, while frequent subheads, sidebars, and information-packed photo captions make the layout user-friendly . . . [Smith's] book is thorough and infused with practical wisdom and a dry Vermont humor that should endear him to readers." — Publisher’s Weekly
"Smith . . . clearly explains everything novice and experienced gardeners need to know to grow vegetables and herbs. . . . " — Library Journal
"this book will answer all your questions as well as put you on the path to an abundant harvest. As a bonus, anecdotes and stories make this informative book fun to read." - New York Newsday
|Encyclopedia of Herbal Medicine: 550 Herbs and Remedies for Common Ailments
Lowest new price: $26.66
Lowest used price: $26.64
List price: $40.00
Author: Andrew Chevallier
Brand: Dk Pub
With 550 key herbs and their uses as natural remedies for nearly 200 common ailments, Encyclopedia of Herbal Medicine is the definitive home reference to healing with the world's oldest form of medicine. From ginger to lavender and thyme to dandelion, learn about the chemistry of plants and how and why they work as medicines within the body.
Information on habitat and cultivation, parts used, active constituents, therapeutic properties, and traditional and current uses are described in a unique photographic plant index, and instructions on growing, harvesting, and processing your own home treatments are detailed. With its jargon-free text, fantastic photography, and focus on safety, this guide enables ease of understanding no matter what your level of herbal expertise.
Encyclopedia of Herbal Medicine is the ultimate reference for anyone interested in exploring the healing benefits of plants and who wants to take control of their health with alternative natural treatments. Now updated to reflect the latest research.
|Sketch Book: 8.5" X 11", Personalized Artist Sketchbook: 109 pages, Sketching, Drawing and Creative Doodling. Notebook and Sketchbook to Draw and Journal (Workbook and Handbook)
Lowest new price: $4.70
Lowest used price: $4.90
List price: $4.97
Author: Elans Journal
LIMITED TIME DISCOUNT! Great value (Regular $
Sketchbook Journal & Notebook: For intended for Sketch, Drawing, Doodling, Painting, Writing, School, Class and Home !
- Good quality white paper.
- Best for crayons, colored pencils, watercolor paints and very light fine tip markers.
- Extra large size (8.5" x 11")
- 109 pages
- Premium design.
A perfect gift for kids, adults, students !
- Sketch Book: Practice Drawing, Paint, Write, Doodle, 8.5 x 11 Large Blank Pages: Notes, Sketching Pad , Creative Diary And Journal ( Beautiful Blue&Gold Marble Cover )
- AmazonBasics Sketch and Drawing Pencil Set - 17-Piece Set
- Sketch Book: Practice Drawing, Paint, Write, Doodle, 8.5 x 11 Large Blank Pages: Notes, Sketching Pad , Creative Diary And Journal ( Beautiful Blue Marble Cover )
- Sketchbook: A Large Journal With Blank Paper For Drawing And Sketching: Artist Edition
- Pro Art 3078 18-Piece Sketch/Draw Pencil Set
- Studio Series Colored Pencil Set (Set of 30) (Multilingual Edition)
- Drawing and Sketching Pencil Set In Zippered Carrying Case
- Sketch Book: 8.5" X 11", Personalized Artist Sketchbook: 109 pages, Sketching, Drawing and Creative Doodling. Notebook and Sketchbook to Draw and Journal (Handbook & Notebook)
- Studio Series 25-Piece Sketch & Drawing Pencil Set (Artist's Pencil and Charcoal Set)
- The Drawing Book for Kids: 365 Daily Things to Draw, Step by Step (Woo! Jr. Kids Activities Books)
Page 1 of 6040
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED AS IS AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.