|Browse by Catagory:
Civil Rights & Liberties
War & Peace
Cajun & Creole Cooking
Caribbean & West Indian Cooking
Diabetic & Sugar-Free Cooking
Low Fat Cooking
Middle Eastern Cooking
Pacific Rim Cooking
Home & Garden
Literature & Fiction
Sheet Music & Scores
Environmental & Natural Resources Law
Ethics & Professional Responsibility
Procedures & Litigation
Water Supply & Land Use
Lawyer and Crimal Humor
Outdoors & Nature
Hiking & Camping
Hunting & Fishing
Beer & Beer Making
Health & Fitness
Diets & Weight Loss
Children's Science & Nature
Vitamins & Supplements
Psychology and Counseling
Philosophy of Psychology
Physiological Aspects of Psychology
Psychology of Sexuality
Psychology Testing & Measurement
Chaos & Systems
Geometry & Topology
Logic & Brain Teasers
Chaos & Systems
Geometry & Topology
Probability & Statistics
Experiments, Instruments & Measurement
Chaos & Systems
Fusion & Fission
Nuclear Magnetic Resonance
Waves & Wave Mechanics
Administration & Policy
Allied Health Professions
Medical Education & Training
Endocrinology & Metabolism
Physician & Patient
Insects & Spiders
Fish & Aquariums
Mobile & Wireless Computing: Programming
Linux Kernel & Peripherals
Linux Networking & Administration
State & Local History
Sci Fi Calendars
Bujold, Lois McMaster
Card, Orson Scott
Chalker, Jack L.
Heinlein, Robert A.
McKillip, Patricia A.
Nye, Jody Lynn
|The Market Gardener: A Successful Grower's Handbook for Small-scale Organic Farming
Lowest new price: $15.64
Lowest used price: $15.64
List price: $24.95
Author: Jean-Martin Fortier
Brand: Fortier Jean Martin
Les Jardins de la Grelinette is a micro-farm located in eastern Quebec, just north of the American border. Growing on just 1.5 acres, owners Jean-Martin and Maude-Helène feed more than two hundred families through their thriving CSA and seasonal market stands and supply their signature mesclun salad mix to dozens of local establishments. The secret of their success is the low-tech, high-yield production methods they’ve developed by focusing on growing better rather than growing bigger, making their operation more lucrative and viable in the process.
The Market Gardener is a compendium of la Grelinette’s proven horticultural techniques and innovative growing methods. This complete guide is packed with practical information on:
- Setting-up a micro-farm by designing biologically intensive cropping systems, all with negligible capital outlay
- Farming without a tractor and minimizing fossil fuel inputs through the use of the best hand tools, appropriate machinery, and minimum tillage practices
- Growing mixed vegetables systematically with attention to weed and pest management, crop yields, harvest periods, and pricing approaches
Inspired by the French intensive tradition of maraichage and by iconic American vegetable grower Eliot Coleman, author and farmer Jean-Martin shows by example how to start a market garden and make it both very productive and profitable. Making a living wage farming without big capital outlay or acreages may be closer than you think.
Jean-Martin Fortier is a passionate advocate of strong local food systems and founder of Les Jardins de la Grelinette, an internationally recognized model for successful biointensive micro-farming.
- The Market Gardener A Successful Grower s Handbook for Small Scale Organic Farming
- The Urban Farmer: Growing Food for Profit on Leased and Borrowed Land
- The New Organic Grower: A Master's Manual of Tools and Techniques for the Home and Market Gardener, 2nd Edition (A Gardener's Supply Book)
- The Lean Farm: How to Minimize Waste, Increase Efficiency, and Maximize Value and Profits with Less Work
- Compact Farms: 15 Proven Plans for Market Farms on 5 Acres or Less; Includes Detailed Farm Layouts for Productivity and Efficiency
- The Winter Harvest Handbook: Year Round Vegetable Production Using Deep-Organic Techniques and Unheated Greenhouses
- The Organic Farmer's Business Handbook: A Complete Guide to Managing Finances, Crops, and Staff - and Making a Profit
- The Greenhouse and Hoophouse Grower's Handbook: Organic Vegetable Production Using Protected Culture
- How to Grow More Vegetables, Ninth Edition: (and Fruits, Nuts, Berries, Grains, and Other Crops) Than You Ever Thought Possible on Less Land with Less Water Than You Can Imagine
- The Market Gardener's Toolkit
- Four-Season Harvest: Organic Vegetables from Your Home Garden All Year Long, 2nd Edition
|Bonsai (101 Essential Tips)
Lowest new price: $2.95
Lowest used price: $1.55
List price: $5.95
Author: Harry Tomlinson
Brand: Tomlinson, Harry/ Watson, Carol
Everything you need to know about bonsai care, maintenance, design, and arrangement. With clear explanations of bonsai and what it is, these 101 easy-to-grasp tips have everything you need to get the results you want.
Build knowledge and confidence with this must-have pocket guide, filled with the essentials you're looking for including pointers and advice on cultivating bonsai plants. Create a sense of balance and serenity in your home with these beautiful miniature trees and bring the ancient practice into the 21st century. Using a step-by-step approach, 101 Essential Tips: Bonsai explains design and style principles, which containers to use, how to cultivate a bonsai plant and more. Learn about the different suitable species, from Japanese red maple to Scots pine, find out how to prune, reshape with wiring, implement Saikei and rock planting, and develop a watering routine to keep your living art healthy.
Whether you want to build on your basic skills or become an expert, 101 Essential Tips: Bonsai is right for you. This pocket guide is chock-full of information to guide you, inspire you, and give you the knowledge and confidence you're looking for.
|Urban Jungle: Living and Styling with Plants
Lowest new price: $22.48
Lowest used price: $22.74
List price: $35.00
Author: Igor Josifovic
Brand: Callwey Verlag
Urban Jungle: Living and Styling with Plants is a source of inspiration, ideas and a manual for all of those who want to bring more plants into their home.
- Provides all your DIY ideas for styling and tips on how to plant
- Inspiration for seasoned plant lovers as well as beginners, providing the total package on the topic of living with plants
The book guides the reader through different "green" homes in five European countries and shows how beautiful, unique, creative and even artistic living with plants can be. More than that the reader finds endless ideas for styling from the bloggers of the "Urban Jungle Bloggers" community. To complete the topic of indoor plants the book offers easy help for taking care of the plants and DIY tips.
|The Cannabis Encyclopedia: The Definitive Guide to Cultivation & Consumption of Medical Marijuana
Lowest new price: $32.98
Lowest used price: $37.01
List price: $50.00
Author: Jorge Cervantes
Brand: Van Patten Publishing
The award winning Cannabis Encyclopedia is the definitive guide to medical marijuana cultivation and consumption. It explains all the essential techniques to grow indoors, outdoors and in greenhouses. All gardening practices are well-researched and illustrated with easy step-by-step examples and instructions.
More than 2,000 beautiful color images illustrate this 596-page book. The large 8.5 x 11-inch format, three-column pages are easy to read and packed with up-to-date information that make this book essential for all cannabis gardeners and patients.
Chapters on medical cannabis history, cannabinoid measurement and medical varieties provide a firm background for medical patients and caregivers. The Medicinal Concentrates and Cooking with Medicinal Cannabis chapters feature many different methods to concentrate and consume cannabis.
Each stage of plant growth is detailed and graphically explained seed, seedling, vegetative growth, clones and mother plants and flowering. Harvest, drying and curing information aims to preserve cannabinoids. Garden room design, construction and maintenance, greenhouse construction and care, outdoor gardens from backyards and patios to large remote fields are all explained in full detail and many step-by-step examples.
Four case studies feature two indoor gardens, one with LED and HP sodium lamps, Jorge´s backyard garden and a big garden in Humboldt County, CA. Each aspect of cannabis cultivation is examined in detail with a focus on organic practices preserving the sanctuary, meters, air, light, lamps and electricity, soil, containers, water, nutrients, additives, container culture and hydroponics, diseases and pests and breeding.
The comprehensive Nutrient chapter has individual drawings of 14 cannabis plants showing nutrient excess and deficiencies. The Breeding chapter explains methods, plant crosses, back crosses, true breeds, hybrids, etc. and provides step-by-step illustrated instructions on starting your own home breeding program. Learn exactly how to increase yields, increase cannabinoid potency, and make eco-friendly decisions from the expert, Jorge Cervantes. His advice is basic, detailed and reliable.
|2018 Planner Weekly And Monthly: Calendar Schedule Organizer and Journal Notebook With Inspirational Quotes And Floral Lettering Cover
Lowest new price: $6.29
List price: $6.99
Author: Pretty Simple Planners
Our new 2018 Planner is finally here! This beautiful planner is printed on high quality interior stock with a gorgeous floral cover. Each monthly spread (January through December 2018) contains an overview of the month, a notes section, inspirational quotes, and fun holidays such as National Donut Day! The cute weekly spreads include space to write your daily schedule as well as a to-do list. Grab your colored pens and washi tape and let's get organized! (Pssst - These also make wonderful gifts for the planners in your life!)
|The Cannabis Grow Bible: The Definitive Guide to Growing Marijuana for Recreational and Medicinal Use
Lowest new price: $26.39
Lowest used price: $26.38
List price: $40.00
Author: Greg Green
The most comprehensive guide to marijuana gardening ever written is back with all new information and updated advice for cannabis enthusiasts. Over 200 additional pages of all new information are included in this book, from all new lighting equipment and techniques, to highly advanced cannabinoid extraction techniques and detailed, step-by-step gardening guides for novice and professional growers alike.
This book contains over 700 pages, with all new photos and step-by-step guides to every aspect of marijuana horticulture, plant breeding, and hash production. Featuring a handy quick start guide at the beginning to allow growers to get started right away, and hone their techniques as they read the later chapters in more detail. The biggest, most comprehensive, and straightforward guide to marijuana horticulture ever published.
|The Encyclopedia of Country Living, 40th Anniversary Edition: The Original Manual for Living off the Land & Doing It Yourself
Lowest new price: $19.35
Lowest used price: $13.49
List price: $29.95
Author: Carla Emery
Brand: Sasquatch Books
From craft culture to survivalists, preppers, homesteaders, urban farmers, and everyone in between there is a desire for a simpler way of life—a healthier, greener, more self-sustaining and holistic approach to modern life.
The knowledge you need to survive and thrive off the grid is at your fingertips in The Encyclopedia of Country Living, the best-selling resource for the homesteading movement. With its origins in the back-to-the-land effort of the late 1960s, Carla Emery’s landmark book has grown into a comprehensive guide to building your sustainable country escape haven, while lowering your carbon footprint in the process.
The 40th anniversary edition offers up-to-date and detailed information on the fundamentals of topics like homegrown food; raising chickens, goats, and pigs; beekeeping; food preservation; mail-order supply sourcing; foraging; and much, much more (even how to deliver a baby)—everything you need to lead a self-sufficient lifestyle in the 21st century.
Basic, thorough, and reliable, this book deserves a place in urban and rural homes alike.
Table of Contents
2 Introduction to Plants
3 Grasses, Grains & Canes
4 Garden Vegetables
5 Herbs & Flavorings
6 Tree, Vine, Bush & Bramble
7 Food Preservation
8 Introduction to Animals
10 Goats, Cows & Home Dairying
11 Bee, Rabbit, Sheep & Pig
- Back to Basics: A Complete Guide to Traditional Skills (Back to Basics Guides)
- The Self-Sufficient Life and How to Live It
- Mini Farming: Self-Sufficiency on 1/4 Acre
- The Backyard Homestead: Produce all the food you need on just a quarter acre!
- Back to Basics: A Complete Guide to Traditional Skills, Third Edition
- Root Cellaring: Natural Cold Storage of Fruits & Vegetables
- Basic Butchering of Livestock & Game: Beef, Veal, Pork, Lamb, Poultry, Rabbit, Venison
- Seed to Seed: Seed Saving and Growing Techniques for Vegetable Gardeners, 2nd Edition
- How to Survive the End of the World as We Know It: Tactics, Techniques, and Technologies for Uncertain Times
- Country Wisdom & Know-How
|Cunningham's Encyclopedia of Magical Herbs (Llewellyn's Sourcebook Series) (Cunningham's Encyclopedia Series)
Lowest new price: $10.20
Lowest used price: $5.23
List price: $17.99
Author: Scott Cunningham
Brand: Llewellyn Publications
Expanded and revised, this comprehensive guide features magical uses of over 400 herbs and plants from all parts of the world. With over 400,000 copies in print, this reference book is a must for all who perform natural magic. It features illustrations for easy identification of every herb, in additoin to common names, use, and rulership.
- Cunningham s Encyclopedia of Magical Herbs
|How To Draw Modern Florals: An Introduction To The Art of Flowers, Cacti, and More
Lowest new price: $12.23
Lowest used price: $13.01
List price: $17.99
Author: Alli Koch
Alli Koch has mastered the art of turning simple doodles into beautifully designed floral illustrations and is giving you her expertise in her book How To Draw Modern Florals. In this step-by-step guide, Alli teaches everything you need to know about modern florals: tools of the trade, where to find inspiration, the anatomy of a flower, and the basic shapes for drawing a flower. You'll feel as though you're sitting down with Alli at a coffee shop as she walks you through the process of drawing and designing all aspects of modern florals. You'll learn designs from classic floral favorites like the rose to most popular florals of today. You'll even learn some non-traditional florals that happen to be some of Alli's favorites: succulents and cacti.
This is an introduction, so no experience is needed. If you can draw an S or a C; with a pen, Alli can teach you how to draw a beautiful, modern floral design.
|All New Square Foot Gardening II: The Revolutionary Way to Grow More in Less Space
Lowest new price: $10.24
Lowest used price: $5.29
List price: $24.99
Author: Mel Bartholomew
Brand: Hachette/Quarto Publishing
Square Foot Gardening is the most practical, foolproof way to grow a home garden. Whether you're new to gardening, growing an urban garden, or are in the backyard, we have the tools and techniques for you.
That explains why author and gardening innovator Mel Bartholomew has sold more than two million books teaching how to become a successful DIY square foot gardener.
Mel developed his techniques back in the early 1980’s and has been teaching them around the world ever since. In the process, he has made improvements and refinements, and has continually adapted his practices to keep pace with modern times.
In this new volume, Bartholomew furthers his discussion on one of the most popular gardening trends today: vertical gardening. He also explains how you can make gardening fun for kids by teaching them the square foot method.
Rich with new, full-color images and updated tips for selecting materials, this highly produced, new edition will bring you up to speed with Mel's industry-changing insights.
- The Week-by-Week Vegetable Gardener's Handbook: Make the Most of Your Growing Season
- The Vegetable Gardener's Bible, 2nd Edition: Discover Ed's High-Yield W-O-R-D System for All North American Gardening Regions: Wide Rows, Organic Methods, Raised Beds, Deep Soil
- Raised Bed Revolution: Build It, Fill It, Plant It ... Garden Anywhere!
- The Vegetable Gardener's Container Bible: How to Grow a Bounty of Food in Pots, Tubs, and Other Containers
- Vertical Gardening: Grow Up, Not Out, for More Vegetables and Flowers in Much Less Space
- Square Foot Gardening with Kids: Learn Together: - Gardening Basics - Science and Math - Water Conservation - Self-sufficiency - Healthy Eating (All New Square Foot Gardening)
- Carrots Love Tomatoes: Secrets of Companion Planting for Successful Gardening
- Square Foot Gardening Answer Book: New Information from the Creator of Square Foot Gardening - the Revolutionary Method
- Grow All You Can Eat in Three Square Feet
- Seeding Square: A Color-Coded Seed Spacer (Garden Template) to Optimize and Organize Your Vegetable Garden
Page 2 of 7617
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED AS IS AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.