|Browse by Catagory:
Civil Rights & Liberties
War & Peace
Cajun & Creole Cooking
Caribbean & West Indian Cooking
Diabetic & Sugar-Free Cooking
Low Fat Cooking
Middle Eastern Cooking
Pacific Rim Cooking
Home & Garden
Literature & Fiction
Sheet Music & Scores
Environmental & Natural Resources Law
Ethics & Professional Responsibility
Procedures & Litigation
Water Supply & Land Use
Lawyer and Crimal Humor
Outdoors & Nature
Hiking & Camping
Hunting & Fishing
Beer & Beer Making
Health & Fitness
Diets & Weight Loss
Children's Science & Nature
Vitamins & Supplements
Psychology and Counseling
Philosophy of Psychology
Physiological Aspects of Psychology
Psychology of Sexuality
Psychology Testing & Measurement
Chaos & Systems
Geometry & Topology
Logic & Brain Teasers
Chaos & Systems
Geometry & Topology
Probability & Statistics
Experiments, Instruments & Measurement
Chaos & Systems
Fusion & Fission
Nuclear Magnetic Resonance
Waves & Wave Mechanics
Administration & Policy
Allied Health Professions
Medical Education & Training
Endocrinology & Metabolism
Physician & Patient
Insects & Spiders
Fish & Aquariums
Mobile & Wireless Computing: Programming
Linux Kernel & Peripherals
Linux Networking & Administration
State & Local History
Sci Fi Calendars
Bujold, Lois McMaster
Card, Orson Scott
Chalker, Jack L.
Heinlein, Robert A.
McKillip, Patricia A.
Nye, Jody Lynn
|Trowel and Error: Over 700 Organic Remedies, Shortcuts, and Tips for the Gardener
Lowest new price: $5.98
Lowest used price: $0.25
List price: $14.95
Author: Sharon Lovejoy
Brand: Workman Publishing
Ever since she was old enough to help her grandmother in the garden, Sharon Lovejoy has spent her life working with plants--and along the way, through "trowel and error," she's accumulated hundreds and hundreds of remedies, tips, short-cuts, and cure-alls. Now Ms. Lovejoy--author of Roots, Shoots, Buckets & Boots and the award-winning Sunflower Houses--does for the garden what Heloise or the Queen of Clean does for the household. Trowel and Error collects all of her homespun garden advice into an inviting, environmentally friendly, whimsically illustrated yet dead-on helpful book that will benefit every gardener, beginner or experienced.
Cure plant viruses with spoiled milk. Steep a natural and effective insecticide out of fresh basil. Place flat stones under squash or melons to hasten ripening. Recycle an old apple corer as the perfect dibber for muscari and other small bulbs. Start rosemary cuttings in a green glass bottle. Sprinkle baby powder over seedlings to discourage rabbits. Crush a garlic clove and apply it to your skin as an insect repellent. From urging the reader to take an occasional shower with the houseplants to giving all-natural gardenside first aid, Trowel and Error is a direct line to the kind of practical wisdom that comes only after a lifetime of experience. The book is indexed by problem, plant, pest, and solution, and includes a list of tools and common household items--borax, cornmeal, vinegar--that completes the gardener's arsenal.
- Roots, Shoots, Buckets & Boots: Gardening Together with Children
- Bear Paws Cultivator Claw - (Never-Set-Down) Gardening Tool - Ergonomic Hand Design for Aerating, Weeding, Cultivating, and more!
- NNBB Garden Gloves with Fingertips Claws Quick– Great for Digging Weeding Seeding poking -Safe for Rose Pruning –Best Gardening Tool -Best Gift for Gardeners (Double Claw)
- Sunflower Houses: Inspiration From the Garden-A Book for Children and Their Grown-Ups
- 101 Organic Gardening Hacks: Eco-friendly Solutions to Improve Any Garden
- Soil pH Meter, 3-in-1 Soil Test Kit For Moisture, Light & pH, A Must Have For Home And Garden, Lawn, Farm, Plants, Herbs & Gardening Tools, Indoor/Outdoors Plant Care Soil Tester (No Battery Needed)
- Camp Granny
- Plant Theatre FUNKY VEG KIT Gift Box - 5 Extraordinary Vegetables to Grow -Everything you need to start growing in one box! Super Grow Kit Gift
- The Week-by-Week Vegetable Gardener's Handbook: Make the Most of Your Growing Season
- Dibblet Gardening Planting Tool Dibble Orange Carrot
|The Living Landscape: Designing for Beauty and Biodiversity in the Home Garden
Lowest new price: $24.02
Lowest used price: $25.09
List price: $39.95
Author: Rick Darke
Brand: Workman Publishing
Many gardeners today want a home landscape that nourishes and fosters wildlife. But they also want beauty, a space for the kids to play, privacy, and maybe even a vegetable patch. Sure, it’s a tall order, but The Living Landscape shows how to do it. By combining the insights of two outstanding authors, it offers a model that anyone can follow. Inspired by its examples, you’ll learn the strategies for making and maintaining a diverse, layered landscape—one that offers beauty on many levels, provides outdoor rooms and turf areas for children and pets, incorporates fragrance and edible plants, and provides cover, shelter, and sustenance for wildlife. Richly illustrated with superb photographs and informed by both a keen eye for design and an understanding of how healthy ecologies work, The Living Landscape will enable you to create a garden that is full of life and that fulfills both human needs and the needs of wildlife communities.
|The Complete Book of Bonsai: A Practical Guide to Its Art and Cultivation
Lowest new price: $28.88
Lowest used price: $9.35
List price: $45.00
Author: Harry Tomlinson
Brand: Brand: Abbeville Press
CLASSIC STYLES EXPLAINED
The origins and development of bonsai are traced, and the underlying principles of this fascinating art clearly explained. The classic styles are listed and illustrated, together with full descriptions of how they were derived from models in the world. Outstanding examples of plantings in all of the various styles are shown. The types of containers are detailed, and the importance of their use for different trees or styles explained. Advice is given on placing and exhibiting your completed bonsai.
CLEAR STEP-BY-STEP SEQUENCES
There is comprehensive information on how to create a bonsai from a seedling, cutting, or garden center plant. Clear step-by-step sequences take you from the initial raw material through to the finished bonsai, showing the superb results that can be achieved. All the tools and techniques of bonsai are illustrated and explained, and their use described in detail. Maintenance and propagation sections tell you everything you need to know to keep your bonsai beautiful and healthy, or to create your own trees.
DETAILS OF MORE THAN 100 SPECIES
A photographic catalogue of bonsai trees and shrubs lies at the heart of the book, providing the cultivation and styling details of over 100 different species. Each entry is accompanied by an original full-color photograph of at least one outstanding specimen. This section is supplemented by a further compendium of trees and shrubs that can be grown as bonsai, giving a total of over 300 to choose from.
The Complete Book of Bonsai reveals every aspect of the art, with inspirational ideas and practical advice at every turn. Whether you are a beginner who would like to grow just one or two trees, or an experienced enthusiast who wishes to build up a whole collection, it is the essential reference work.
- Used Book in Good Condition
- The Complete Practical Encyclopedia of Bonsai: The Essential Step-by-Step Guide to Creating, Growing, and Displaying Bonsai with Over 800 Photographs
- Bonsai Survival Manual: Tree-by-Tree Guide to Buying, Maintaining, and Problem Solving
- Indoor Bonsai for Beginners: Selection - Care - Training
- Bonsai (101 Essential Tips)
- Aonepro Bonsai Tool Kit 10PCS Set Carbon Steel Shear Cutter Scissor Wire Plant Gardening Nylon Case
- Bonsai with Japanese Maples
- (50) 2x2 Inch Rigid Polyethylene Medium Bonsai Pot Mesh Drainage Screens
- Professional All-Purpose Bonsai Tree Soil Potting Mix Blend, 2.5 Gallon Bulk Wholesale
- Bonsai: The Beginner's Guide to Cultivate, Grow, Shape, and Show Off Your Bonsai: Includes History, Styles of Bonsai, Types of Bonsai Trees, Trimming, Wiring, Repotting, and Watering
|Peony: The Best Varieties for Your Garden
Lowest new price: $18.00
Lowest used price: $18.10
List price: $27.95
Author: David C. Michener
“A luscious and colorful immersion into the world of the peony.” —Petal Talk
The bold blooms, pretty colors, and heady fragrances of peonies make them one of the most popular flowers, both in gardens and floral arrangements. Peony—by leading experts David Michener and Carol Adelman—makes it easier than ever to grow them home. This lush book shares the history of the plant, explores the different types available, and includes complete growing information for 194 of the best varieties. Helpful lists detail the best peonies for specific needs.
|101 Chicken Keeping Hacks from Fresh Eggs Daily: Tips, Tricks, and Ideas for You and your Hens
Lowest new price: $22.99
List price: $22.99
Author: Lisa Steele
Spoil your chickens and beautify your coop with 101 Chicken Keeping Hacks from Fresh Eggs Daily.
Join Lisa Steele, chicken-keeper extraordinaire and founder of Fresh Eggs Daily, on a behind-the-coop tour like you've never seen. Lisa has spent years figuring out the best ways to keep chickens healthy, the natural way, and she's collected more than just your average tips.101 Chicken Keeping Hacks from Fresh Eggs Daily
includes simple ideas for re-using and upcycling old items
, as well as detailed information on using natural ingredients to enhance and improve your chickens' lives without breaking the bank
This guide includes these handy ideas and much more:
- Feeding: Try homemade scratch, growing fodder, or frozen treats
- The Run: Make a chicken swing or DIY scarecrow
- Chicken Health: Find ideas for boredom busters, homemade salves, and herbal teas
- The Coop: Keep it clean with a natural coop cleaner and make your own coop curtains
- The Garden: Build an herb drying rack or brew a batch of chicken poop “tea”
So what are you waiting for? Make your chickens the happiest birds on the block
|Dahlias: Beautiful Varieties for Home & Garden
Lowest new price: $15.48
Lowest used price: $15.40
List price: $21.99
Author: Naomi Slade
Fall blooms for an explosion of color in the garden.
The dahlia is a fabulous cutting flower for the home garden. Cut one bloom, and ten more appear on the plant. Blooming late summer to the first frost of autumn, this native of Mexico provides explosions of color in home gardens. The author’s commentary unearths the dahlia from its Aztec origins and imparts practical, hands-on knowledge for growing and overwintering these tropical plants in wintry climes.
Including classics like Café au Lait and lesser-known varieties like Voodoo and Honka, readers will discover a stunning range of specimens from tiny pompoms to heavy-headed dinner plates, to those that resemble daisies, sea anemones, and even fireworks!
Naomi Slade is a well-known journalist and photographer specializing in gardening, environment, and lifestyle. A biologist by training, naturalist by inclination, and with a lifelong love of plants, she contributes regularly to a range of British publications including The English Garden and House and Garden, and appears on TV and radio.
Georgianna Lane is a leading floral, garden and travel photographer whose work has been widely published. Her work has featured in BBC Gardens Illustrated, Gardener’s World, Romantic Homes and Victoria. Visit her blog at georgiannalane.com chronicles her styled floral photo shoots and more.
|Houseplants: The Complete Guide to Choosing, Growing, and Caring for Indoor Plants
Lowest new price: $19.29
Lowest used price: $18.25
List price: $30.00
Author: Lisa Eldred Steinkopf
Brand: COOL SPRINGS
What's the best way to nurture your green thumb when you don't have a yard or space? Houseplants! This is your guide to raising the best, healthiest, and happiest potted plants nature has ever seen.
When you want to raise plants but just don’t have the space, then it’s time to turn to houseplants! Houseplants is the definitive guide to the millions of varieties that houseplants come in, and the different levels of maintenance, care and know-how they all require.
Now is your chance to dive into this pleasant, no-yard-required hobby without the questions of which potting mix to try, what the right level of light you’ll need, or how to shift your plants as seasons change. Houseplants profiles more than 150 different plants, and gives you the best techniques to raise them to be happy, green, and healthy. And as you watch them grow, you can stimulate your inner botanist with the included information on each plant’s Latin family, varieties, bloom period, mature height, and other scientific specs.
|The Complete Gardener
Lowest new price: $21.92
Lowest used price: $17.36
Author: Monty Don
This title aims to breathe new life into organic gardening. It is illustrated with photographs taken over the course of a year in the author's own Herefordshire garden.
|The Timber Press Guide to Succulent Plants of the World: A Comprehensive Reference to More than 2000 Species
Lowest new price: $30.02
Lowest used price: $30.09
List price: $49.95
Author: Fred Dortort
Brand: Timber Press
The plants are organized into 28 intuitively logical groups, such as succulent euphorbias, mesembryanthemums, bulbs, succulent trees, aloes, agaves, and haworthias. Each entry includes information on the plant's native habitat, its cultivation requirements, and its horticultural potential. As useful to novice growers as to collectors and those with an existing interest in succulents, this will be the standard reference for years to come.
|Garden Ponds, Fountains & Waterfalls for Your Home: Designing, Constructing, Planting (Creative Homeowner) Step-by-Step Sequences & Over 400 Photos to Landscape Your Garden with Water, Plants, Fish
Lowest new price: $12.34
Lowest used price: $5.67
List price: $19.95
Author: Editors of Creative Homeowner
Brand: Creative Homeowner
All the inspiration and information you need to create your own home water garden!
- Over 490 color photographs and illustrations provide inspiration and direction for constructing water garden structures
- Easy step-by-step sequences and instructions for pond foundations, moving-water features, pond cleaning, troubleshooting, and more
- Practical advice on every consideration of planning your water garden—size, style, light, location, climate, slopes, materials, configuration, and more
- All types of home water gardens are covered, from naturalistic to formal, plus fountains, waterfalls, streams, and bog gardens
- Aquatic plants, fish, and other pond inhabitants are covered in depth, from koi, tench, and frogs to herons, dragonflies, and snails, plus which nuisance insects to be on the alert for
- Bridges and stepping-stones are included, with tools & materials lists and design instructions
- Find historical inspiration from Ancient Egypt, Greece, Rome, Persia, China, Japan, and Europe with an overview of water gardens throughout history
Beautifully illustrated with over 490 lush photographs, Garden Ponds, Fountains & Waterfalls for Your Home provides essential information on designing and installing all types of home water gardens, from naturalistic to formal, plus fountains, waterfalls, streams, and bog gardens.
You'll learn how to construct each of these structures, as well as how to design wooden bridges and stepping-stones. You'll also find advice and plants for all regions, with special tips for gardens in extreme conditions, and zone charts.
Expert author Kathleen Fisher was for 10 years the editor of The American Gardener, published by the American Horticultural Society. Her invaluable how-to information guide and comprehensive plant encyclopedia is great for new and seasoned gardeners alike.
Garden Ponds, Fountains & Waterfalls for Your Home will teach you all you need to know to create and maintain the water garden of your dreams!
- Backyard Water Gardens: How to Build, Plant & Maintain Ponds, Streams & Fountains
- Water Garden Idea Book (Taunton Home Idea Books)
- All About Building Waterfalls, Ponds, and Streams
- Landscaping with Stone, 2nd Edition: Create Patios, Walkways, Walls, and Other Landscape Features (Creative Homeowner) Over 300 Photos & Illustrations; Learn to Plan, Design, & Work with Natural Stone
- Better Homes and Gardens Water Gardening (Better Homes and Gardens Gardening)
- Koi (Complete Pet Owner's Manual)
- Building Natural Ponds: Create a Clean, Algae-free Pond without Pumps, Filters, or Chemicals
- Stonescaping Idea Book (Taunton's Idea Book Series)
- Water in the Garden: A Complete Guide to the Design and Installation of Ponds, Fountains, Streams, and Waterfalls
- The Complete Guide to Building Backyard Ponds, Fountains, and Waterfalls for Homeowners: Everything You Need to Know Explained Simply (Back to Basics)
Page 5 of 411
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED AS IS AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.