|Browse by Catagory:
Civil Rights & Liberties
War & Peace
Cajun & Creole Cooking
Caribbean & West Indian Cooking
Diabetic & Sugar-Free Cooking
Low Fat Cooking
Middle Eastern Cooking
Pacific Rim Cooking
Home & Garden
Literature & Fiction
Sheet Music & Scores
Environmental & Natural Resources Law
Ethics & Professional Responsibility
Procedures & Litigation
Water Supply & Land Use
Lawyer and Crimal Humor
Outdoors & Nature
Hiking & Camping
Hunting & Fishing
Beer & Beer Making
Health & Fitness
Diets & Weight Loss
Children's Science & Nature
Vitamins & Supplements
Psychology and Counseling
Philosophy of Psychology
Physiological Aspects of Psychology
Psychology of Sexuality
Psychology Testing & Measurement
Chaos & Systems
Geometry & Topology
Logic & Brain Teasers
Chaos & Systems
Geometry & Topology
Probability & Statistics
Experiments, Instruments & Measurement
Chaos & Systems
Fusion & Fission
Nuclear Magnetic Resonance
Waves & Wave Mechanics
Administration & Policy
Allied Health Professions
Medical Education & Training
Endocrinology & Metabolism
Physician & Patient
Insects & Spiders
Fish & Aquariums
Mobile & Wireless Computing: Programming
Linux Kernel & Peripherals
Linux Networking & Administration
State & Local History
Sci Fi Calendars
Bujold, Lois McMaster
Card, Orson Scott
Chalker, Jack L.
Heinlein, Robert A.
McKillip, Patricia A.
Nye, Jody Lynn
|The Vegetable Gardener's Container Bible: How to Grow a Bounty of Food in Pots, Tubs, and Other Containers
Lowest new price: $7.25
Lowest used price: $4.97
List price: $19.95
Author: Edward C. Smith
Brand: Workman Publishing
Harvest tomatoes on a patio, produce a pumpkin in a planter, and grow broccoli on a balcony! Best-selling author Ed Smith shows you everything you need to know to successfully create and care for an edible container garden, from choosing the right plants and selecting appropriate containers through controlling pests without chemicals and harvesting fresh vegetables. You’ll discover that container gardening is an easy and fun way to enjoy summer’s bounty in even the smallest of growing spaces.
|Down to Earth: Gardening Wisdom
Lowest new price: $17.82
Lowest used price: $17.94
Author: Monty Don
NOW A UK BESTSELLER Unrivalled gardening wisdom from Monty Don, including essential tips, knowledge and musings from his 50 years of gardening experience. Written as he talks, this is Monty Don right beside you in the garden, challenging norms and sharing advice. Discover Monty's thoughts and garden ideas around nature, seasons, colour, design, pests, flowering shrubs, containers, and much more. Read about the month-by month jobs he does in his own garden that he hopes are relevant to you. Monty's intimate and lyrical writing is accompanied by photos of his garden, showing areas rarely seen on television. This is the perfect gift for the gardener in your life. "I have written many gardening books but this is the distillation of 50 years of gardening experience. It has all the tips and essential pieces of knowledge that enable you to make your garden grow well, and it also shares my view that gardening is the secret to living well too." - Monty
|Aquaponic Gardening: A Step-By-Step Guide to Raising Vegetables and Fish Together
Lowest new price: $15.99
Lowest used price: $6.28
List price: $29.95
Author: Sylvia Bernstein
Brand: New Society Publishers
Aquaponics is a revolutionary system for growing plants by fertilizing them with the waste water from fish in a sustainable closed system. A combination of aquaculture and hydroponics, aquaponic gardening is an amazingly productive way to grow organic vegetables, greens, herbs, and fruits, while providing the added benefits of fresh fish as a safe, healthy source of protein. On a larger scale, it is a key solution to mitigating food insecurity, climate change, groundwater pollution, and the impacts of overfishing on our oceans. Aquaponic Gardening
is the definitive do-it-yourself home manual, focused on giving you all the tools you need to create your own aquaponic system and enjoy healthy, safe, fresh, and delicious food all year round. Starting with an overview of the theory, benefits, and potential of aquaponics, the book goes on to explain:
- System location considerations and hardware components
- The living elements--fish, plants, bacteria, and worms
- Putting it all together--starting and maintaining a healthy system
Aquaponics systems are completely organic. They are four to six times more productive and use ninety percent less water than conventional gardens. Other advantages include no weeds, fewer pests, and no watering, fertilizing, bending, digging, or heavy lifting--in fact, there really is no downside! Anyone interested in taking the next step towards self-sufficiency will be fascinated by this practical, accessible, and well-illustrated guide. Sylvia Bernstein
is the president and founder of The Aquaponic Source and the Vice Chairman of the Aquaponics Association. She also manages AquaponicsCommunity.com, the largest US-based online community site dedicated to aquaponic gardening. An experienced speaker and internationally recognized expert on aquaponic gardening, Sylvia writes and blogs on the subject for the Aquaponic Gardening Blog, Growing Edge
and more. Her inspiration is a large, thriving aquaponic setup in her backyard greenhouse in Boulder, CO powered by tilapia, catfish, and other creatures-that-swim.
- Aquaponic Design Plans, Everything You Need to Know: from Backyard to Profitable Business
- The Aquaponic Farmer: A Complete Guide to Building and Operating a Commercial Aquaponic System
- The Bio-Integrated Farm: A Revolutionary Permaculture-Based System Using Greenhouses, Ponds, Compost Piles, Aquaponics, Chickens, and More
- Hydroponic Food Production: A Definitive Guidebook for the Advanced Home Gardener and the Commercial Hydroponic Grower, Seventh Edition
- The Year-Round Solar Greenhouse: How to Design and Build a Net-Zero Energy Greenhouse
- Aquaponics: Simple Guide to Growing Vegetables Using Aquaponics (Aquaponics, aquaponic gardening, aquaponic systems, organic vegetables, vegetable gardening)
- The Complete Idiot's Guide to Aquaponic Gardening (Complete Idiot's Guides (Lifestyle Paperback))
- Hydroponics: The Essential Hydroponics Guide: A Step-By-Step Hydroponic Gardening Guide to Grow Fruit, Vegetables, and Herbs at Home
- Plant Factory: An Indoor Vertical Farming System for Efficient Quality Food Production
- Aquaponics 101: The Easy Beginner’s Guide to Aquaponic Gardening: How To Build Your Own Backyard Aquaponics System and Grow Organic Vegetables With Hydroponics And Fish (Gardening Books) (Volume 1)
|Raised Bed Revolution: Build It, Fill It, Plant It Garden Anywhere!
Lowest new price: $17.19
Lowest used price: $8.79
List price: $30.00
Author: Tara Nolan
Brand: Cool Springs Press
Raised bed gardening is the fastest-growing garden strategy today, and Raised Bed Revolution is the definitive guidebook to mastering this consistently proven and effective gardening method.
Raised Bed Revolution provides you with information on size requirements for constructing raised beds, height suggestions, types of materials you can use, and creative tips for fitting the maximum garden capacity into small spaces--including vertical gardening.
Enhanced with gorgeous photography, this book covers subjects such as growing-medium options, rooftop gardening, cost-effective gardening solutions, planting tips, watering strategies (automatic water drip systems and hand watering), and more. The process of creating and building raised beds is a cinch, too, thanks to the extensive gallery of design ideas and step-by-step projects.
This gardening strategy is taking serious root. Why? Several reasons:
- Raised beds allow gardeners to practice space efficiency as well as accessibility (the beds can be customized to be any height).
- Raised beds permit gardeners to use their own soil, and they can be designed with wheels for easy portability if partial sunlight is a problem.
- Water conservation is easier for gardeners who use raised beds.
- Pest control is assisted because most garden pests can't make the leap up into the raised bed. For yards that struggle with drainage, raised bed gardening offers a no-brainer solution. Raised beds simply create a more interesting yard!
Find out more about why everyone is joining the raised bed revolution, roll up your sleeves and join in!
- Trellises, Planters & Raised Beds: 50 Easy, Unique, and Useful Projects You Can Make with Common Tools and Materials
- Vertical Gardening: Grow Up, Not Out, for More Vegetables and Flowers in Much Less Space
- All New Square Foot Gardening II: The Revolutionary Way to Grow More in Less Space
- Raised Bed Gardening: Growing Vegetables for Beginners
- The Vegetable Gardener's Bible, 2nd Edition: Discover Ed's High-Yield W-O-R-D System for All North American Gardening Regions: Wide Rows, Organic Methods, Raised Beds, Deep Soil
- Building Raised Beds: Easy, Accessible Garden Space for Vegetables and Flowers. A Storey BASICS® Title
- Raised-Bed Gardening: How to grow more in less space
- Black & Decker The Complete Guide to DIY Greenhouses, Updated 2nd Edition: Build Your Own Greenhouses, Hoophouses, Cold Frames & Greenhouse Accessories (Black & Decker Complete Guide)
- Niki Jabbour's Veggie Garden Remix: 224 New Plants to Shake Up Your Garden and Add Variety, Flavor, and Fun
- Grow All You Can Eat in Three Square Feet
|101 Organic Gardening Hacks: Eco-friendly Solutions to Improve Any Garden
Lowest new price: $9.66
Lowest used price: $9.67
List price: $19.99
Author: Shawna Coronado
Brand: Cool Springs Press
Shawna Coronado, one of America's most creative gardeners, is giving her library of clever gardening tricks, or "hacks", to you in 101 Organic Gardening Hacks.â?? Grab your gloves and hack your garden!
If you ask garden author Shawna Coronado what a hack is, she might just wave her hand toward her own back yard. She could be pointing at the garden bench she created from leftover wood posts and a few cinder blocks, or the rows of wine bottles buried soldier-style along a winding pathway, or even the garden soil itself, which is blended by hand from an organic soil recipe she devised. A hack is a great idea that you'd have never thought of that's come to life.
In 101 Organic Garden Hacks you'll find the top tips, tricks, and solutions Shawna has dreamed up in her career as one of America's most creative gardeners. Some are practical timesavers; others offer clever ways to "upcycle" everyday items in your garden.
One characteristic every hack shares is that they are completely organic and unfailingly environmentally friendly. Divided into a dozen different categories for easy reference, each hack is accompanied by a clear photo that shows you exactly how to complete it. If you are looking for resourceful ways to improve your garden and promote green living values right at home, you'll love paging through this fascinating, eye-catching book.
|The Complete Gardener
Lowest new price: $25.32
Lowest used price: $31.35
Author: Monty Don
This title aims to breathe new life into organic gardening. It is illustrated with photographs taken over the course of a year in the author's own Herefordshire garden.
|How to Grow More Vegetables, Ninth Edition: (and Fruits, Nuts, Berries, Grains, and Other Crops) Than You Ever Thought Possible on Less Land with Less Water Than You Can Imagine
Lowest new price: $14.38
Lowest used price: $8.59
List price: $21.99
Author: John Jeavons
Brand: Random House USA Inc
The world's leading resource on biointensive, sustainable, high-yield organic gardening is thoroughly updated throughout, with new sections on using 12 percent less water and increasing compost power.
Long before it was a trend, How to Grow More Vegetables brought backyard ecosystems to life for the home gardener by demonstrating sustainable growing methods for spectacular organic produce on a small but intensive scale. How to Grow More Vegetables has become the go-to reference for food growers at every level, whether home gardeners dedicated to nurturing backyard edibles with minimal water in maximum harmony with nature's cycles, or a small-scale commercial producer interested in optimizing soil fertility and increasing plant productivity. In the ninth edition, author John Jeavons has revised and updated each chapter, including new sections on using less water and increasing compost power.
|Gardening Basics For Dummies
Lowest new price: $14.28
Lowest used price: $6.19
List price: $24.99
Author: Steven A. Frowine
You’re now officially out of excuses for not planting the garden of your dreams. Even if you’ve never sowed a seed nor pulled a weed, Gardening Basics For Dummies contains everything you need to know about flowers, beds, borders, trees, shrubs, and lawns to create your own private paradise. This friendly and informative guide also covers all of the tools and additives available to make gardening easier. You’ll discover:
- Clear definitions and descriptions of the different types of plants
- Tips on choosing the type of garden you want
- How to create a garden plan
- Easy-to-follow instructions for soil preparation
- Advice on planting, growing and caring for annuals and perennials
- Step-by-step plans for organic and edible gardens
- Plans for butterfly and children's gardens
Packed with helpful tips on controlling pests safely, managing weeds, and correcting common gardening problems, Gardening for Dummies turns your brown thumb green in a hurry.
|Seed to Seed: Seed Saving and Growing Techniques for Vegetable Gardeners, 2nd Edition
Lowest new price: $14.00
Lowest used price: $9.79
List price: $24.95
Author: Suzanne Ashworth
Brand: Ashworth, Suzanne/ Whealy, Kent
Seed to Seed is a complete seed-saving guide that describes specific techniques for saving the seeds of 160 different vegetables. This book contains detailed information about each vegetable, including its botanical classification, flower structure and means of pollination, required population size, isolation distance, techniques for caging or hand-pollination, and also the proper methods for harvesting, drying, cleaning, and storing the seeds.
Seed to Seed is widely acknowledged as the best guide available for home gardeners to learn effective ways to produce and store seeds on a small scale. The author has grown seed crops of every vegetable featured in the book, and has thoroughly researched and tested all of the techniques she recommends for the home garden.
This newly updated and greatly expanded Second Edition includes additional information about how to start each vegetable from seed, which has turned the book into a complete growing guide. Local knowledge about seed starting techniques for each vegetable has been shared by expert gardeners from seven regions of the United States-Northeast, Mid-Atlantic, Southeast/Gulf Coast, Midwest, Southwest, Central West Coast, and Northwest.
- "Seed to Seed" is the wisest guide to seed saving and grassroots genetic preservation you will ever find.
- Root Cellaring: Natural Cold Storage of Fruits & Vegetables
- The Seed Garden: The Art and Practice of Seed Saving
- The Complete Guide to Saving Seeds: 322 Vegetables, Herbs, Fruits, Flowers, Trees, and Shrubs
- Preserving Everything: Can, Culture, Pickle, Freeze, Ferment, Dehydrate, Salt, Smoke, and Store Fruits, Vegetables, Meat, Milk, and More (Countryman Know How)
- Mini Farming: Self-Sufficiency on 1/4 Acre
- The Encyclopedia of Country Living, 40th Anniversary Edition: The Original Manual for Living off the Land & Doing It Yourself
- Four-Season Harvest: Organic Vegetables from Your Home Garden All Year Long, 2nd Edition
- Preserving Food without Freezing or Canning: Traditional Techniques Using Salt, Oil, Sugar, Alcohol, Vinegar, Drying, Cold Storage, and Lactic Fermentation
- Basic Butchering of Livestock & Game: Beef, Veal, Pork, Lamb, Poultry, Rabbit, Venison
- The Organic Gardener's Handbook of Natural Pest and Disease Control: A Complete Guide to Maintaining a Healthy Garden and Yard the Earth-Friendly Way (Rodale Organic Gardening)
|Vegetable Gardening For Dummies
Lowest new price: $11.61
Lowest used price: $4.00
List price: $19.99
Author: Charlie Nardozzi
Brand: Nardozzi, Charlie/ National Gardening Association (EDT)
A hands-on guide to the ins and outs of raising and using vegetables
Want to grow your own vegetables? You can do it the fun and easy way with this practical guide. From selecting the right spot to preparing the soil to harvesting, Vegetable Gardening For Dummies, 2nd Edition shows you how to successfully raise vegetables regardless of the size of your plot or your dietary needs.
You'll discover how to plot your garden and get the soil in tip-top shape; select the types of vegetables you want to grow; plant the seeds properly; and care for them as they grow. You'll also know the right time to pick your vegetables and the best ways to enjoy them. Plus, you'll get tips on preserving foods grown at home.
- Expert advice on planting, caring for, harvesting, and enjoying the fruits of your own vegetable garden
- Features environmentally friendly ways to combat pests in your garden
- Charlie Nardozzi is senior horticulturist and spokesperson for the National Gardening Association; he's also been the gardening expert on such programs as HGTV's Today at Home and Way to Grow and the Discovery Channel's Home Matters
Whether you have a green thumb or you've never grown a plant before, Vegetable Gardening For Dummies, 2nd Edition has all the information you need to create a healthy garden.
Page 2 of 419
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED AS IS AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.