|Browse by Catagory:
Civil Rights & Liberties
War & Peace
Cajun & Creole Cooking
Caribbean & West Indian Cooking
Diabetic & Sugar-Free Cooking
Low Fat Cooking
Middle Eastern Cooking
Pacific Rim Cooking
Home & Garden
Literature & Fiction
Sheet Music & Scores
Environmental & Natural Resources Law
Ethics & Professional Responsibility
Procedures & Litigation
Water Supply & Land Use
Lawyer and Crimal Humor
Outdoors & Nature
Hiking & Camping
Hunting & Fishing
Beer & Beer Making
Health & Fitness
Diets & Weight Loss
Children's Science & Nature
Vitamins & Supplements
Psychology and Counseling
Philosophy of Psychology
Physiological Aspects of Psychology
Psychology of Sexuality
Psychology Testing & Measurement
Chaos & Systems
Geometry & Topology
Logic & Brain Teasers
Chaos & Systems
Geometry & Topology
Probability & Statistics
Experiments, Instruments & Measurement
Chaos & Systems
Fusion & Fission
Nuclear Magnetic Resonance
Waves & Wave Mechanics
Administration & Policy
Allied Health Professions
Medical Education & Training
Endocrinology & Metabolism
Physician & Patient
Insects & Spiders
Fish & Aquariums
Mobile & Wireless Computing: Programming
Linux Kernel & Peripherals
Linux Networking & Administration
State & Local History
Sci Fi Calendars
Bujold, Lois McMaster
Card, Orson Scott
Chalker, Jack L.
Heinlein, Robert A.
McKillip, Patricia A.
Nye, Jody Lynn
|Welding Level 1 Trainee Guide (5th Edition)
Lowest new price: $84.86
Lowest used price: $80.86
List price: $89.33
This exceptionally produced trainee guide features a highly illustrated design, technical hints and tips from industry experts, review questions and a whole lot more! Key content includes Welding Safety, Oxyfuel Cutting, Plasma Arc Cutting, Air Carbon Arc Cutting and Gouging, Base Metal Preparation, Weld Quality, SMAW – Equipment and Safety, Shielded Metal Arc Electrodes, SMAW – Beads and Fillet Welds, Joint Fit-Up and Alignment, SMAW – Groove Welds and Backing, and SMAW – Open V-Groove Welds.
Instructors: Product supplements may be ordered directly through OASIS at http://oasis.pearson.com. For more information contact your Pearson NCCER/Contren Sales Specialist at http://nccer.pearsonconstructionbooks.com/store/sales.aspx.
- Print Instructor’s Guide Package 978-013-428575-7 (Includes Lesson Plans and access to the online resources)
Trainee Guide Hardcover + Access Card Package: $92 978-0-13-287365-9
Trainee Guide Paperback + Access Card Package: $90 978-0-13-287364-2
IG Paperback + Access Card Package: $165 978-0-13-287366-6
Access Card ONLY for Trainee Guide: $67 (does not include print book) 978-0-13-285926-4
Access Card ONLY for IG: $100 (does not include print book) 978-0-13-286043-7
ELECTRONIC Access Code ONLY for Trainee Guide: $67 (must be ordered electronically via OASIS; does not include print book) 978-0-13-292123-7
ELECTRONIC Access Code ONLY for IG: $100 (must be ordered electronically via OASIS; does not include print book) 978-0-13-292124-4
|2015 International Fuel Gas Code
Lowest new price: $62.95
Lowest used price: $32.00
List price: $91.00
Author: International Code Council
The 2015 INTERNATIONAL FUEL GAS CODE SOFT COVER sets forth requirements that address the design and installation of fuel gas systems and gas-fired appliances, based on the most current information and technology available. The requirements are performance-driven, making this an effective tool and valuable addition to a user's code products. In this updated code, the section on protection of piping has been completely rewritten, and readers are informed that line regulators installed in rigid piping must have a union installed to allow removal of the regulator.
|Carpentry & Building Construction, Student Edition, 2016
Lowest new price: $58.00
Lowest used price: $69.00
Author: McGraw-Hill Education
Carpentry & Building Construction is a comprehensive carpentry program that focuses on residential construction with many procedures also applying to light commercial construction. The informative text provides detailed, heavily illustrated information about materials, tools, and processes, with many step-by-step procedures.
Includes hardbound student edition aligned to the content standards.
|Construction Surveying and Layout: A Step-By-Step Field Engineering Methods Manual (3rd Edition)
Lowest new price: $89.90
Lowest used price: $65.00
List price: $89.95
Author: Wesley G. Crawford
Brand: CREATIVE CONSTRUCTION
Construction Surveying and Layout - A unique, practical, and complete book for the surveyor, field engineer, or student learning construction surveying and layout. This highly illustrated book contains over 1200 graphics of construction surveying field and office activities, calculations, and tables that are presented in a step-by- step easy to read format. The reader can see "how-to" perform many of the common measurement and calculation activities of field engineering and construction surveying. This book contains material not found in other surveying books. It is a must for training individuals just getting into construction surveying or as a reference for anyone on a construction site involved with measurement and layout. "Everyone who sees it, wants it."
- Used Book in Good Condition
|The Very Efficient Carpenter: Basic Framing for Residential Construction (For Pros / By Pros)
Lowest new price: $17.34
Lowest used price: $17.14
List price: $25.95
Author: Larry Haun
Here's your chance to become a more efficient carpenter. Larry Haun has been a production framer for more than 35 years and a teacher of apprentices for more than 20. In this book, Haun shows you, step by step, all the techniques he uses to frame a basic house, from laying down the sills to cutting the rafters. You'll learn about:
- cutting and installing posts and girders
- joisting and sheathing fluently
- laying out, cutting, assembling, and raising walls
- framing gable roofs, hips and valleys, and truss roofs
- building various types of stairs
There is an opening chapter on tools, plans, codes, permits, lumber, and materials, and additional information throughout the book on safety and site-built tools. The Very Efficient Carpenter is no less than a complete course in basic framing.
|Fundamentals of Building Construction: Materials and Methods with Interactive Resource Center Access Card, 6th Edition Binder Ready Version
Lowest new price: $72.51
Lowest used price: $70.18
List price: $87.75
Author: Edward Allen
This text is an unbound, binder-ready edition. Loose leaf, three-hole-punched –carry only what is needed for class.
Note from the publisher:
Now in its sixth edition, this bestselling reference focuses on the basic materials and methods used in building construction. Emphasizing common construction systems such as light wood frame, masonry bearing wall, steel frame, and reinforced concrete construction, the new edition includes new information on building materials properties; the latest on "pre-engineered" building components and sustainability issues; and reflects the latest building codes and standards. It also features an expanded series of case studies along with more axonometric detail drawings and revised photographs for a thoroughly illustrated approach.
- Building Construction Illustrated
- The Architect's Studio Companion: Rules of Thumb for Preliminary Design
- Exercises in Building Construction
- Muller: Archit Drawin Light Const_c8 (8th Edition)
- Mr. Pen- Drafting Tape, 500 Pieces Drafting Dots, Tape, Art Tape, Tape Dots, Artist Masking Tape, Drafting Supplies, Architectural Dots Tape, Stationary Tape, Tape for Art, Tape for Drawing Paper
- Architecture: Form, Space, and Order
- European Architecture 1750-1890 (Oxford History of Art)
- Mechanical and Electrical Equipment for Buildings
- Statics and Strength of Materials for Architecture and Building Construction (4th Edition)
- World Architecture: A Cross-Cultural History
|Welding For Dummies
Lowest new price: $14.49
Lowest used price: $10.67
List price: $24.99
Author: Steven Robert Farnsworth
Brand: For Dummies
Get the know-how to weld like a pro
Being a skilled welder is a hot commodity in today's job market,as well as a handy talent for industrious do-it-yourselfrepairpersons and hobbyists. Welding For Dummies gives youall the information you need to perform this commonly used, yetcomplex, task.
This friendly, practical guide takes you from evaluating thematerial to be welded all the way through the step-by-step weldingprocess, and everything in between. Plus, you'll get easy-to-followguidance on how to apply finishing techniques and advice on how toadhere to safety procedures.
- Explains each type of welding, including stick, tig, mig, andfluxcore welding, as well as oxyfuel cutting, which receives sparsecoverage in other books on welding
- Tips on the best welding technique to choose for a specificproject
- Required training and certification information
Whether you have no prior experience in welding or are lookingfor a thorough reference to supplement traditional weldinginstruction, the easy-to-understand information in Welding ForDummies is the ultimate resource for mastering this intricateskill.
|The Big Book of Small Home Plans: Over 360 Home Plans Under 1200 Square Feet (Creative Homeowner) Cabins, Cottages, & Tiny Houses, Plus How to Maximize Your Living Space with Organization & Decorating
Lowest new price: $10.19
Lowest used price: $10.01
List price: $14.99
Author: Design America Inc.
Select from a catalog of more than 360 expertly prepared plans for building small homes—1,200 square feet or less!
- Over 360 plans to select from for building a variety of small homes 1,200 square feet or under
- Easy-to-follow construction blueprints and materials lists are available for each project to ensure success
- Variety of plans including cabins, cottages, small homes, and tiny houses in Craftsman, Country, Contemporary, and Traditional styles
- Includes helpful advice on rightsizing your home, and maximizing your living space with organization, decorating, and storage solutions
- Practical do-it-yourself guide helps save money, making planning and cost estimating easier when building the small home of your dreams
Smaller homes are growing in popularity as more of us decide to live simpler yet fuller lives with less square footage, less responsibility, and less stuff. Smaller homes can provide substantial savings in tax, building, heating, maintenance, and repair costs, with reduced ecological impact.
Build the small home of your dreams by doing all or part of the work yourself! This practical do-it-yourself guide will help you make your dreams a reality. Whether you're looking to build a cabin, cottage, small home, or tiny house, you're sure to find the ideal small home with the features that will fit your lifestyle inside The Big Book of Small Home Plans.
Select from a catalog of more than 360 plans, prepared by expert architects and designers, for building a variety of small homes under 1,200 square feet. Easy-to-follow construction blueprints and materials lists are available to purchase for each project to ensure success. Construction blueprints are available in both print and digital formats.
The Big Book of Small Home Plans is also packed with advice for rightsizing your house while maximizing your living space, with useful tips on small home organizing, decorating, and smart storage.
Choosing a new house design is exciting, but can be a difficult task. The Big Book of Small Home Plans makes it easy with small home designs for everyone, with all of the amenities and features homeowners are looking for in a new home today. Start your search right now for the perfect small home!
- Best-Selling 1-Story Home Plans, Updated 4th Edition: Over 360 Dream-Home Plans in Full Color (Creative Homeowner) Craftsman, Country, Contemporary, and Traditional Designs with 250+ Color Photos
- Cabins & Cottages and Other Small Spaces
- Best-Selling House Plans, Completely Updated & Revised 3rd Edition (Creative Homeowner) 375 Dream-Home Plans in Full Color; Special Sections on Home Automation, Home Design Trends, Curb Appeal, More
- Compact Cabins: Simple Living in 1000 Square Feet or Less
- Compact Houses: 50 Creative Floor Plans for Well-Designed Small Homes
- Small Houses (Great Houses)
- The New Small House
- Ultimate Book of Home Plans: 730 Home Plans in Full Color: North America's Premier Designer Network: Special Sections on Home Designs & Decorating, Plus Lots of Tips (Creative Homeowner) 550+ Photos
- The Big Book of Small House Designs: 75 Award-Winning Plans for Your Dream House
- Tiny House Designing, Building, & Living (Idiot's Guides)
|2012 International Residential Code for One- and Two- Family Dwellings (International Code Council Series)
Lowest new price: $89.89
Lowest used price: $51.00
List price: $134.00
Author: International Code Council
Brand: Brand: ICC (distributed by Cengage Learning)
This comprehensive code for homebuilding combines building, plumbing, mechanical, fuel gas, energy, and electrical provisions into a single resource. The 2012 International Residential Code For One- and Two- Family Dwellings Softbound Version uses these provisions to provide detailed insight into the construction of one- and two-family dwellings and townhouses up to three stories high. Using foundational principles that facilitate the use of new materials and building designs to guide the content, this reference guide also establishes minimum regulations using prescriptive provisions.
New in the 2012 IRC®
Key changes include:
- New Seismic Design Categories maps.
- Wind design including new maps.
- Exterior wall clearances to lot lines.
- Wireless smoke alarms.
- Prescriptive roof connections to resist wind uplift forces.
- Required clearance between townhouse separation walls and roof penetrations.
- Prescriptive requirements for isolated masonry pier foundations.
- Gypsum board under non fire-resistance rated floor assemblies.
- Wall bracing provisions including a new simplified method.
- Prescriptive design of whole-house ventilation systems.
- Gray water recycling systems.
- Used Book in Good Condition
|NKBA Kitchen and Bathroom Planning Guidelines with Access Standards
Lowest new price: $11.38
Lowest used price: $9.88
List price: $16.95
Author: NKBA (National Kitchen and Bath Association)
The essential kitchen and bath design reference, updated with the latest codes
NKBA Kitchen & Bathroom Planning Guidelines with Access Standards is the industry standard reference, written by the National Kitchen and Bath Association and updated with the latest codes and standards. This new second edition features revised guidelines for cooking surface clearance, electrical receptacles, and ventilation for kitchens, as well as ceiling height, shower size, electrical receptacles, and ventilation for bathrooms. Revised to reflect the 2015 International Residential Code and the ICC A117.1-2009, all illustrations have been expertly redrawn using 2020 Design and Chief Architect Software to provide clearer visual reference for real-world application. With thirty-one kitchen guidelines and twenty-seven bathroom guidelines, this book provides full planning recommendations, code references, and access standards for today's kitchen and bath design professional.
Kitchens and bathrooms are the two most functional rooms in the house, and also the most code-intensive. It is imperative that design professionals stay up to speed on the latest guidelines to ensure the safety and efficiency of their projects.
- Get up to date on the latest kitchen and bath codes
- Reference a new range of standards for clearance, ventilation, and more
- Design for storage based on the results of university research
- Examine illustrative and descriptive plans, sections, and perspective views
The NKBA guidelines are based on a composite of historical review, current industry environment and practices, emerging trends, consumer lifestyles, research, and building codes. These factors combine to help kitchen and bath professionals create designs that are beautiful, functional, accessible, and safe. The NKBA Kitchen & Bathroom Planning Guidelines with Access Standards is the complete reference professionals turn to for the latest in kitchen and bath design.
Page 5 of 2412
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED AS IS AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.