|Browse by Catagory:
Civil Rights & Liberties
War & Peace
Cajun & Creole Cooking
Caribbean & West Indian Cooking
Diabetic & Sugar-Free Cooking
Low Fat Cooking
Middle Eastern Cooking
Pacific Rim Cooking
Home & Garden
Literature & Fiction
Sheet Music & Scores
Environmental & Natural Resources Law
Ethics & Professional Responsibility
Procedures & Litigation
Water Supply & Land Use
Lawyer and Crimal Humor
Outdoors & Nature
Hiking & Camping
Hunting & Fishing
Beer & Beer Making
Health & Fitness
Diets & Weight Loss
Children's Science & Nature
Vitamins & Supplements
Psychology and Counseling
Philosophy of Psychology
Physiological Aspects of Psychology
Psychology of Sexuality
Psychology Testing & Measurement
Chaos & Systems
Geometry & Topology
Logic & Brain Teasers
Chaos & Systems
Geometry & Topology
Probability & Statistics
Experiments, Instruments & Measurement
Chaos & Systems
Fusion & Fission
Nuclear Magnetic Resonance
Waves & Wave Mechanics
Administration & Policy
Allied Health Professions
Medical Education & Training
Endocrinology & Metabolism
Physician & Patient
Insects & Spiders
Fish & Aquariums
Mobile & Wireless Computing: Programming
Linux Kernel & Peripherals
Linux Networking & Administration
State & Local History
Sci Fi Calendars
Bujold, Lois McMaster
Card, Orson Scott
Chalker, Jack L.
Heinlein, Robert A.
McKillip, Patricia A.
Nye, Jody Lynn
|Lonely Planet Yosemite, Sequoia & Kings Canyon National Parks (Travel Guide)
Lowest new price: $8.15
Lowest used price: $7.95
List price: $19.99
Author: Lonely Planet
Brand: Lonely Planet
# 1 best-selling guide to Yosemite, Sequoia & Kings Canyon National Parks*
Lonely Planet Yosemite, Sequoia & Kings Canyon National Parks is your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Go fishing in Yosemite Valley; canoeing and kayaking in Mammoth Lakes, or horseback riding in King's Canyon; all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of Yosemite, Sequoia & Kings Canyon National Parks and begin your journey now!
Inside the Lonely Planet Yosemite, Sequoia & Kings Canyon National Parks Travel Guide:
- User-friendly highlights and itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices, emergency information, park seasonality, hiking trail junctions, viewpoints, landscapes, elevations, distances, difficulty levels, and durations
- Honest reviews for all budgets - eating, sleeping, camping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, summer and winter activities, and hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Contextual insights give you a richer, more rewarding travel experience - history, geology, wildlife, conservation
- Over 42 full-color trail and park maps and full-color images throughout
- Useful features - Travel with Children, Clothing and Equipment, and Day and Overnight Hikes
- Covers Yosemite National Park, Sequoia National Park, Kings Canyon National Park, King's Canyon Point, Badger Pass, Wawona, Tuolumne Meadows, Hetch Hetchy, Sierra National Forest and more
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet Yosemite, Sequoia & Kings Canyon National Parks, our most comprehensive guide to these parks, is perfect for both exploring top sights and taking roads less traveled.
- Looking to visit more national parks? Check out USA's National Parks, a new full-color guide that covers all 59 of the USA's national parks.
Authors: Written and researched by Lonely Planet.
About Lonely Planet: Since 1973, Lonely Planet has become the world's leading travel media company with guidebooks to every destination, an award-winning website, mobile and digital travel products, and a dedicated traveler community. Lonely Planet covers must-see spots but also enables curious travelers to get off beaten paths to understand more of the culture of the places in which they find themselves.
TripAdvisor Travelers' Choice Awards winner in Favorite Travel Guide category for 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015.
*Best-selling guide to Yosemite, Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Parks. Source: Nielsen BookScan. Australia, UK and USA
- Lonely Planet Yosemite Sequoia Kings Canyon National Parks
|Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Parks (National Geographic Trails Illustrated Map)
Lowest new price: $10.28
Lowest used price: $11.57
List price: $11.95
Author: National Geographic Maps - Trails Illustrated
Brand: National Geographic
Model: NatGeo Maps: Trails Illustrated
• Waterproof • Tear-Resistant • Topographic Map
In Sequioa and Kings Canyon National Parks you can walk among the world's largest trees, hike the alpine landscape of the Sierra Crest, and marvel at the towering granite cliffs of one of the deepest canyons in the United States. National Geographic's Trails Illustrated map of Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Parks provides unmatched detail of these parks, meeting the needs of amateur and experienced outdoor enthusiasts alike. Created in partnership with local land management agencies, this expertly researched map features key areas of interest including Sequoia Grove; Giant Sequoia National Monument; John Muir, Golden Trout, Jennie Lakes and Monarch Wilderness Areas; John Muir Trail; Pacific Crest Trail; and Mt. Whitney, the highest peak in the contiguous United States.
With miles of mapped trails in some of the most breathtaking scenery in the entire country, this map can guide you off the beaten path and back again. In addition to detailed and easy-to-read trails, this map includes an accurate road network, campgrounds, scenic overlooks and points of interests, visitor centers and facilities, plus park regulations, backcountry use areas, and contact information for local agencies. The map base includes contour lines and elevations for summits, passes and major lakes.
Every Trails Illustrated map is printed on "Backcountry Tough" waterproof, tear-resistant paper. A full UTM grid is printed on the map to aid with GPS navigation.
Other features found on this map include: Cirque Peak, Golden Trout Wilderness, Inyo National Forest, Jennie Lakes Wilderness, John Muir Wilderness, Kings Canyon National Park, Middle Palisade, Monarch Wilderness, Mount Agassiz, Mount Darwin, Mount Goddard, Mount Kaweah, Mount Langley, Mount Muir, Mount Pinchot, Mount Powell, Mount Russell, Mount Sill, Mount Tyndall, Mount Whitney, Mount Williamson, North Palisade, Sequoia National Forest, Sequoia National Park, Sierra National Forest, Sierra Nevada, Split Mountain, Triple Divide Peak.
- Map Scale = 1:80,000
- Sheet Size = 37.75" x 25.5"
- Folded Size = 4.25" x 9.25"
- Approximately 4 1/4" x 9" folded; 25 1/2" x 37 3/4" fully opened
- Scale = 1:80,000
- Map revised - 2006.
- Tear resistant paper
|Moon Yosemite, Sequoia & Kings Canyon (Travel Guide)
Lowest new price: $11.54
Lowest used price: $13.00
List price: $19.99
Author: Ann Marie Brown
Brand: Brown Ann Marie
Moon Travel Guides: Find Your Adventure!
Explore granite domes, thundering waterfalls, and the largest trees on Earth: Moon Yosemite, Sequoia & Kings Canyon reveals the best of these stunning parks.
Moon Yosemite, Sequoia & Kings Canyon features:
With Moon Yosemite, Sequoia & Kings Canyon's curated advice, myriad activities, and expert insight, you can explore the parks your way.
- Full coverage of all three national parks, with chapters covering Yosemite Valley, Wawona and Glacier Point, Tioga Pass and Tuolomne Meadows, Hetch Hetchy, the Eastern Sierra, Sequoia, and Kings Canyon
- Full-color, vibrant photos and detailed maps throughout
- Itineraries for every timeline and budget, ranging from one day in each park to a week-long trip covering all three, including the best ways to avoid the crowds
- The top activities and unique ideas for exploring each park: Ride the open-air tram through Yosemite Valley, or hike downhill from Glacier Point past roaring waterfalls. Drive the legendary Generals Highway, or take a scenic bike ride to pristine lakes (and yes, more waterfalls!). Go for a horse-drawn wagon ride on a pioneer history tour, or sign up for rock climbing lessons with the kids. Walk among the goliaths of Mariposa Grove of Giant Sequoias, and find historic lodges for dinner and a well-deserved drink
- Strategies for getting to Yosemite, Sequoia, and Kings Canyon and traveling between them, including coverage of gateway cities and towns
- Honest advice on when to go, what to pack, and where to stay inside and outside the park, including the best places to pitch a tent, park your RV, or relax at an upscale resort
- Up-to-date information on park fees, permits, and reservations
- Expert tips from seasoned explorer and outdoor expert Ann Marie Brown for travelers looking to go hiking, biking, climbing, fishing, and more, plus essential and health and safety information
- Detailed hike descriptions with individual trail maps, marked with duration, elevation change, and effort
- Recommendations for families, international visitors, travelers with disabilities, and traveling with pets
- Thorough background on the wildlife, terrain, culture, and history
Want to see more of California's greatest hits? Try Moon Death Valley, Moon Palm Springs & Joshua Tree, or Moon Coastal California. Hitting the road? Try Moon California Road Trip.
- Moon Yosemite Sequoia Kings Canyon
|Hiking Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Parks: A Guide to the Parks' Greatest Hiking Adventures (Regional Hiking Series)
Lowest new price: $9.36
Lowest used price: $5.07
List price: $22.95
Author: Laurel Scheidt
Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Parks, situated in California's rugged Sierra Nevada, boast some of the most spectacular landscapes on the continent: towering groves of giant sequoia trees, crystalline trout rivers, jagged peaks and alpine meadows, and Mount Whitney, the highest mountain in the lower 48.
Discover over 80 of the best hikes in the parks, from easy day hikes to challenging backpacking trips, accompanied by colorful photos and trail maps. This book is a personal guide to the wonders of the California Sierra.
|Sequoia & Kings Canyon National parks recreation map (Tom Harrison Maps)
Lowest new price: $9.30
Lowest used price: $11.65
List price: $10.95
Author: Tom Harrison Maps
Brand: Tom Harrison
All maps scale 1:125,000 (or 1 inch representing 1.97 miles) and contour lines every 200 feet, have color-coded symbols and trails, mileages between trail junctions, latitude/longitude, UTM Zone 11 grids, vegetation, and elevations at trail junctions.Tom Harrison Maps is famous for the beauty and accuracy of its maps.
- Sequoia Kings Canyon National parks recreation map Tom Harrison Maps
|Compass American Guides: Yosemite and Sequoia/Kings Canyon National Parks (Full-color Travel Guide)
Lowest new price: $11.91
Lowest used price: $9.51
List price: $21.99
Author: Fodor's Travel Guides
Brand: Fodor s Travel Guides
Written by locals, Fodor's travel guides have been offering expert advice for all tastes and budgets for 80 years.
The electrifying vistas of the Yosemite Valley and neighboring Sequoia and Kings Canyon national parks continue to exert a magnetic attraction for America's nature lovers. Giant sequoia groves, thundering cascades, and epic climbs--it's all here, and this guide takes travelers right to the heart of the best trails, experiences, and places to stay.
This travel guide includes:
· Dozens of full-color maps
· Hundreds of hotel and restaurant recommendations
· Major sights such as the Vernal Fall, the Merced River, Crystal Cave, Giant Forest and the General Grant Tree.
· Coverage of Yosemite National Park, Sequoia National Park and Kings Canyon National Park
Planning to visit more of California? Check out Fodor's state-wide travel guide to California.
- Yosemite and Sequoia Kings Canyon National Parks
|Best Easy Day Hikes Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Parks (Best Easy Day Hikes Series)
Lowest new price: $5.99
Lowest used price: $5.07
List price: $9.95
Author: Laurel Scheidt
Brand: Globe Pequot Press
This handy pocket guide provides maps and detailed descriptions of the best day hiking trails in California's popular Kings Canyon and Sequoia National Parks.
- Author: Laurel Scheidt
- ISBN: 9780762760541
|Toyota Tundra and Sequoia 2000 - 2007
Lowest new price: $29.08
Lowest used price: $23.59
Author: Stubblefield Mike
This repair manual covers 2000-2006 Toyota Tundra and 2001-2007 Toyota Sequoia 2WD and 4WD pick-up trucks, US and Canadian models.
- 2000 - 2006 Toyota Tundra and 2001 - 2007 Sequoia Chilton's Repair Manual
|Sierra Nevada Wildflowers: A Field Guide To Common Wildflowers And Shrubs Of The Sierra Nevada, Including Yosemite, Sequoia, And Kings Canyon National Parks (Wildflower Series)
Lowest new price: $8.24
Lowest used price: $9.30
List price: $24.95
Author: Karen Wiese
The Sierra Nevada region is a land of alpine lakes, ubiquitous mountains, and meadows filled with a seemingly endless variety of wildflowers. This full-color book contains beautiful photos, easy-to-understand descriptions, and interesting facts about 290 wildflowers frequently encountered in this spectacular region. The species are arranged by color and plant family to aid in quick identification. Take this guide along on your next hike through this majestic mountain chain, which encompasses Yosemite, Sequoia, and Kings Canyon National Parks.
|King Sequoia: The Tree That Inspired a Nation, Created Our National Park System, and Changed the Way We Think about Nature
Lowest new price: $12.00
Lowest used price: $11.11
List price: $18.00
Author: William C. Tweed
Brand: William C Tweed
Finalist for the 2017 NCIBA Book of the Year Award (Regional Interest)
From a towering tree, one of California's preeminent naturalists unspools a history that echoes across generations and continents. Former park ranger William C. Tweed takes readers on a tour of the Big Trees in a narrative that travels deep into the Sierras, around the West, and all the way to New Zealand; and in doing so he explores the American public's evolving relationship with sequoias. It comes as no surprise that the groves in Yosemite and Calaveras were early tourist destinations, as this species that predated Christ and loomed over all the world's other trees was the embodiment of California's superlative, almost unbelievable appeal. When sequoias were threatened by logging interests, the feelings of horror that this desecration evoked in people catalyzed protection efforts; in a very direct way, this species inspired the Park Idea. And sequoias' influence doesn't end there: as science evolved to consider landscapes more holistically, sequoias were once again at the heart of this attitudinal shift. Featuring an entrancing cast of adventurers, researchers, politicians, and environmentalists, King Sequoia reveals how one tree species has transformed Americans' connection to the natural world.
Published in collaboration with Sierra College Press
- King Sequoia The Tree That Inspired a Nation Created Our National Park System and Changed the Way We Think about Nature
Page 1 of 10
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED AS IS AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.