|Browse by Catagory:
Civil Rights & Liberties
War & Peace
Cajun & Creole Cooking
Caribbean & West Indian Cooking
Diabetic & Sugar-Free Cooking
Low Fat Cooking
Middle Eastern Cooking
Pacific Rim Cooking
Home & Garden
Literature & Fiction
Sheet Music & Scores
Environmental & Natural Resources Law
Ethics & Professional Responsibility
Procedures & Litigation
Water Supply & Land Use
Lawyer and Crimal Humor
Outdoors & Nature
Hiking & Camping
Hunting & Fishing
Beer & Beer Making
Health & Fitness
Diets & Weight Loss
Children's Science & Nature
Vitamins & Supplements
Psychology and Counseling
Philosophy of Psychology
Physiological Aspects of Psychology
Psychology of Sexuality
Psychology Testing & Measurement
Chaos & Systems
Geometry & Topology
Logic & Brain Teasers
Chaos & Systems
Geometry & Topology
Probability & Statistics
Experiments, Instruments & Measurement
Chaos & Systems
Fusion & Fission
Nuclear Magnetic Resonance
Waves & Wave Mechanics
Administration & Policy
Allied Health Professions
Medical Education & Training
Endocrinology & Metabolism
Physician & Patient
Insects & Spiders
Fish & Aquariums
Mobile & Wireless Computing: Programming
Linux Kernel & Peripherals
Linux Networking & Administration
State & Local History
Sci Fi Calendars
Bujold, Lois McMaster
Card, Orson Scott
Chalker, Jack L.
Heinlein, Robert A.
McKillip, Patricia A.
Nye, Jody Lynn
|How to Find Old Los Angeles: A Travel Guide
Lowest new price: $10.92
Lowest used price: $9.44
List price: $15.00
Author: Kim Cooper
An expanded and revised version of our guide
How To Find Old LA, delving far deeper into the City Of Angelsâ€™ best preserved treasures.
The guideâ€™s entries are all open to visitors. There
are bars, restaurants, coffee shops, hotels and cinemas, each of which retains the classic character of another era while being a vital part of the
The guide is divided into a booklet with annotated listings and photographs, and a separate pull-out map. This is an essential guide for anyone with an interest in 20th century architecture and pop culture, or a yearning to visit a more glamorous Los Angeles.
|Speaking of Bears: The Bear Crisis and a Tale of Rewilding from Yosemite, Sequoia, and Other National Parks
Lowest new price: $14.05
Lowest used price: $9.00
List price: $18.95
Author: Rachel Mazur
As majestic as they are powerful, and as timeless as they are current, bears continue to captivate. Speaking of Bears is not your average collection of stories. Rather, it is the history, compiled from interviews with more than 100 individuals, of how Yosemite, Sequoia, and Kings Canyon National Parks, all in California’s Sierra Nevada, created a human-bear problem so bad that there were eventually over 2,000 incidents in a single year. It then describes the pivotal moments during which park employees used trial and error, conducted research, invented devices, collaborated with other parks, and found funding to get the crisis back under control. Speaking of Bears is for bear lovers, national park buffs, historians, wildlife managers, biologists, and anyone who wants to know the who, what, where, when, and why of what once was a serious human-bear problem, and the path these parks took to correct it.
Although these Sierran parks had some of the worst black bear problems in the country, hosted much of the research, and invented the bulk of the technological solutions, they were not the only ones. For that reason, intertwining stories from several other parks including Yellowstone, the Great Smoky Mountains, and Banff-Canada are included. For anyone seeking solutions to human-wildlife conflicts throughout the world, the lessons-learned are invaluable and widely applicable.
|Pocket Rough Guide San Francisco
Lowest new price: $6.95
Lowest used price: $8.28
List price: $12.99
Author: Rough Guides
Easy to carry and packed with information, the Pocket Rough Guide San Francisco covers everything you need to know about this welcoming, idiosyncratic city. Rough Guides' expert author gives you the low-down on how to find the perfect burrito, ride the hill-defying cable cars without queuing for hours, and find the best views of the iconic Golden Gate Bridge.
Itinerary ideas and the Best Of section give you a quick overview, while Places chapters go into more detail on context, sights and listings - all in Rough Guides' trademark tell-it-like-it-is style. The pick of the Bay Area and beyond is included too, covering intellectual Berkeley and down-to-earth Oakland, the wine meccas of Napa Valley and Sonoma, and the region's many protected nature reserves, parks and seashores.
All listings are included both on the chapters' clear, full-colour area maps and on the handy pull-out maps of San Francisco, Berkeley and Oakland.
Whether you go for its stunning setting, mouth-watering variety of food or world-famous LGBT scene, the Pocket Rough Guide San Francisco will help you make the most of your trip.
|Frommer's Yosemite and Sequoia / Kings Canyon National Parks (Park Guides)
Lowest new price: $50.00
Lowest used price: $5.99
List price: $12.99
Author: Eric Peterson
- Insider advice on avoiding the crowds as you explore some of the most memorable natural wonders, from majestic Yosemite Falls to Kings Canyon's towering sequoias.
- Where to find the absolute best campgrounds for each park and a rundown of the best hikes, from ranger-led interpretive walks to challenging backcountry overnights (with detailed, accurate park and trail maps).
- Insightful commentary on the history of the region and the parks' dazzling array of flora and fauna, including a fully illustrated nature guide to help you spot and identify condors, bobcats, wildflowers, and more.
- Opinionated reviews. No bland descriptions and lukewarm recommendations. Our expert writer is passionate about his parks—he tells it like it is in an engaging and helpful way.
- Exact prices listed for every establishment and activity—no other guides offer such detailed, candid reviews of historic lodges or family-friendly motels. We include the very best, but also emphasize moderately priced choices for real people.
- User-friendly features including star ratings and special icons to point readers to great finds, excellent values, insider tips, best bets for kids, special moments, and overrated experiences.
|Sierra Nevada: Includes: Yosemite, Sequoia and Kings Canyon Nat'l Parks, Mount Whitney, Lake Tahoe, Gold Country, San Joaquin Valley,
Lowest new price: $9.95
Lowest used price: $40.59
List price: $9.95
Author: Imus Geographics
Folded topographic map in color. Scale 1:500,000. On this map you will find Yosemite, Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Parks, Mount Whitney, Lake Tahoe, Gold Country, San Joaquin Valley, Owens Valley, Mammoth Lakes, Donner Pass, John
|Moon USA National Parks: The Complete Guide to All 59 Parks (Travel Guide)
Lowest new price: $24.99
List price: $24.99
Author: Becky Lomax
Moon Travel Guides: Find Your Adventure
They've been dubbed America's best idea for a reason: get inspired and get outdoors with Moon USA National Parks. Inside you'll find:
Experienced insight and comprehensive advice on visiting America's national parks: with Moon's help, make it a trip to remember.
- Coverage of all 59 national parks, from the misty mountains of the east and the redwoods of the west, to the glaciers of Alaska and volcanoes of Hawaii
- Strategic itineraries organized by region and by activity: Find the best parks for your timeline and interests, with lists of the top parks for wildlife, winter activities, solitude, scenic drives, and more
- How to do a national parks road trip, with advice on linking the parks together, interesting stops between them, and nearby attractions and state parks
- The top outdoor adventures, including hiking, biking, mountain climbing, kayaking, whitewater rafting, and more
- Comprehensive planning resources: With detailed maps and transportation tips, you'll have the tools to explore each park or region individually, or visit multiple for an epic national parks trip
- Expert advice from former park guide Becky Lomax on how to beat the crowds, what time of year to visit, and where to stay, whether you're pitching the tent, parking the RV, or bedding down at a hotel
- Know before you go: Find essential background on climate, terrain, wildlife, history, and safety precautions, plus practical information on park fees, passes, and reservations, including how to obtain and use a National Parks Pass
- Gorgeous, full-color photos throughout, plus a handy keepsake section for your national parks stamps and a fold-out poster map
For more in-depth information on a specific park, check out Moon's national parks travel guides.
|King Sequoia: The Tree That Inspired a Nation, Created Our National Park System, and Changed the Way We Think about Nature
Lowest new price: $38.64
Lowest used price: $15.00
List price: $18.00
Author: William C. Tweed
Finalist for the 2017 NCIBA Book of the Year Award (Regional Interest)
From a towering tree, one of California's preeminent naturalists unspools a history that echoes across generations and continents. Former park ranger William C. Tweed takes readers on a tour of the Big Trees in a narrative that travels deep into the Sierras, around the West, and all the way to New Zealand; and in doing so he explores the American public's evolving relationship with sequoias. It comes as no surprise that the groves in Yosemite and Calaveras were early tourist destinations, as this species that predated Christ and loomed over all the world's other trees was the embodiment of California's superlative, almost unbelievable appeal. When sequoias were threatened by logging interests, the feelings of horror that this desecration evoked in people catalyzed protection efforts; in a very direct way, this species inspired the Park Idea. And sequoias' influence doesn't end there: as science evolved to consider landscapes more holistically, sequoias were once again at the heart of this attitudinal shift. Featuring an entrancing cast of adventurers, researchers, politicians, and environmentalists, King Sequoia reveals how one tree species has transformed Americans' connection to the natural world.
Published in collaboration with Sierra College Press
|Such a Landscape!: A Narrative of the 1864 California Geological Survey Exploration of Yosemite, Sequoia & Kings Canyon from the Diary, Field Notes, Letters & Reports of
Lowest new price: $63.83
Lowest used price: $5.57
List price: $29.95
Author: William H. Brewer
|California Vacation Paths: A step-by-step guide to breathtaking sights: Regions of Hwy 395, Death Valley, Mono Lake... Yosemite National Park, Sequoia ... Parks, Santa Barbara, Pismo Beach, Morro Bay
Lowest new price: $18.93
Lowest used price: $12.53
List price: $19.95
Author: Pati Anne
Take the path less traveled!
Everyone is invited to walk a different road with this unique California travel guide. One main path leads visitors through six areas of California which hold some of the world’s most breathtaking sights. No planning is needed; just follow this travel guide to activities that are laid out in successive order. Take the whole family on easy walks and hiking trails to discover seldom seen wondrous sights, places to swim or wade in creeks and lakes, and places to picnic near a waterfall or river. This California travel guide is laid out in step-by-step format for families, the young, the old, and the wheelchair bound. Eateries, lodgings, driving directions, and shopping locations are listed for each area, as well as, Kid Faves and Wheelchair Accessible Activities.
Lapse into care-free days of remarkable, sights, sounds, and scents by following easy walks and hikes through one of the six areas in this California travel guide:
Along the trails visitors may:
- Hwy 395 - Death Valley, Mono Lake…
- Yosemite National Park
- Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Parks
- Santa Barbara
- Pismo Beach
- Morro Bay
- Witness a rainbow spilling through a waterfall in Mammoth Lakes.
- Walk among amazing tall white, crystal-like tufa formations at Mono Lake.
- Hike a forest trail in Yosemite National Park and witness fissures half a mile deep; cool down in summer with swimming and rafting.
- Stand up close to the world’s largest tree in Sequoia National Park.
- Snowshoe in winter beneath sequoia trees in Kings Canyon National Park.
- Hike Santa Barbara’s hidden trails; enjoy the Sunday arts/crafts fair.
- Ride ATVs on sand dunes; drive your car on the beach near Pismo Beach.
- Admire sea otters afloat in the bay, and sea lions slithering on boat docks in Morro Bay.
- Meander in Montana de Oro State Park along cliff tops which overlook a frothy turquoise sea.
Many experts reviewed their particular area in this California travel guide for accuracy, and some gave written reviews which can be found under Acclaim for California Vacation Paths found at the end of the guide.
|Sequoia & Kings Canyon: The Story Behind the Scenery
Lowest new price: $9.99
Lowest used price: $1.69
List price: $11.95
Author: William C. Tweed
Brand: Brand: KC Publications, Inc.
This is the realm of the giant sequoias, the largest living things on earth, the magnet that caused these two national parks to be set aside a century ago. From sequoia botany to the geology, history, and wildlife of both parks, this book covers it all.
- Used Book in Good Condition
Page 4 of 13
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED AS IS AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.