|Browse by Catagory:
Civil Rights & Liberties
War & Peace
Cajun & Creole Cooking
Caribbean & West Indian Cooking
Diabetic & Sugar-Free Cooking
Low Fat Cooking
Middle Eastern Cooking
Pacific Rim Cooking
Home & Garden
Literature & Fiction
Sheet Music & Scores
Environmental & Natural Resources Law
Ethics & Professional Responsibility
Procedures & Litigation
Water Supply & Land Use
Lawyer and Crimal Humor
Outdoors & Nature
Hiking & Camping
Hunting & Fishing
Beer & Beer Making
Health & Fitness
Diets & Weight Loss
Children's Science & Nature
Vitamins & Supplements
Psychology and Counseling
Philosophy of Psychology
Physiological Aspects of Psychology
Psychology of Sexuality
Psychology Testing & Measurement
Chaos & Systems
Geometry & Topology
Logic & Brain Teasers
Chaos & Systems
Geometry & Topology
Probability & Statistics
Experiments, Instruments & Measurement
Chaos & Systems
Fusion & Fission
Nuclear Magnetic Resonance
Waves & Wave Mechanics
Administration & Policy
Allied Health Professions
Medical Education & Training
Endocrinology & Metabolism
Physician & Patient
Insects & Spiders
Fish & Aquariums
Mobile & Wireless Computing: Programming
Linux Kernel & Peripherals
Linux Networking & Administration
State & Local History
Sci Fi Calendars
Bujold, Lois McMaster
Card, Orson Scott
Chalker, Jack L.
Heinlein, Robert A.
McKillip, Patricia A.
Nye, Jody Lynn
|Yosemite: The Complete Guide: Yosemite National Park (Color Travel Guide)
Lowest new price: $10.45
Lowest used price: $9.43
List price: $19.99
Brand: Destination Pr
This gorgeous, full-color travel guidebook reveals the highlights and hidden gems of Yosemite National Park.
Yosemite is filled with incredible scenery and amazing outdoor adventures. But without careful planning, a trip there can be overwhelming. Yosemite: The Complete Guide breaks it down and gives you everything you need to make the most of your time in the park.
Whatever your interests ― hiking past beautiful waterfalls, strolling through giant sequoias, watching sunset from Glacier Point, relaxing at a historic lodge ―Yosemite: The Complete Guide puts the best of Yosemite at your fingertips.
Beautiful color photos showcase the park's best destinations.
Fascinating chapters on Geology, History and Wildlife reveal the story behind the scenery.
Detailed maps make travel planning easy.
From the stunning waterfalls in Yosemite Valley to incredible hikes in the High Sierra, Yosemite: The Complete Guide is the only guide you'll need!
• Over 100 Color Photos
• Over 20 Detailed Maps
Filled with Tips to save you time and money!
|Big Walls, Swift Waters: Epic Stories from Yosemite Search and Rescue
Lowest new price: $15.63
Lowest used price: $16.17
List price: $22.99
Author: Charles R. "Butch" Farabee
Brand: Farabee Charles R
WINNER, 2017 National Outdoor Book Awards—Instructional Category
The men and women of Yosemite Search and Rescue work around the clock, ready to respond at any hour in any weather. It’s not all helicopter heroics and plucking unlucky rock jocks off The Nose of El Capitan. It also means helping the teen with the busted ankle on the Mist Trail, finding the missing child in Tuolumne Meadows, and rescuing the newlywed clinging to a slick rock after her raft implodes.
Most of Yosemite’s nearly 4 million annual visitors leave the park without a scratch. For a few, however, a vacation in this world-famous land of cliffs and waterfalls takes a turn for the terrifying. That’s where the YOSAR team comes in.
Author and legendary YOSAR team member Butch Farabee relates epic tales of endurance and survival, misadventure and fatal consequences. Also included are:
the origins of Search and Rescue in the national parks, including the U.S. Army’s key role;
advice for staying safe in the park;
profiles of SAR pros who do this dangerous work every day;
stories about YODOGS and animal rescues;
innovative techniques developed in Yosemite and now used around the world;
photos and descriptions of top-tier gear used by this world-class team of medics, climbers, and swift-water experts;
stats that any adventure geek will love;
and, of course, plenty of helicopters!
A must-read for thrill-seekers, armchair travelers, national park novices, and expert explorers alike. Get the inside story on the elite YOSAR team, and get inspired (and informed) for adventure anywhere!
- Big Walls Swift Waters Epic Stories from Yosemite Search and Rescue
|Hiking Yosemite National Park: A Guide to 61 of the Park's Greatest Hiking Adventures (Regional Hiking Series)
Lowest new price: $11.11
Lowest used price: $9.99
List price: $22.95
Author: Suzanne Swedo
Brand: Falcon Guides
Lace up your boots and sample sixty-one of the finest trails Yosemite National Park has to offer. Fully updated and revised, and including color maps and photos throughout, Hiking Yosemite National Park features everything from short strolls and day hikes to multiday backcountry treks, every one of which will treat you to some of the world’s most stunning scenery and allow you to get the most out of this remarkably diverse natural wonderland.
Hikes suited to every ability
Directions to the trailheads
Trail Finder for best hikes for lakes, waterfalls, views, wildlife, and wildflowers
Difficulty ratings and average hike times
Trip-planning information, including permits, local lodging and campgrounds, and best hiking seasons for every featured hike.
|Fodor's Northern California: with Napa & Sonoma, Yosemite, San Francisco, Lake Tahoe & the Best Road Trips (Full-color Travel Guide)
Lowest new price: $14.64
Lowest used price: $14.56
List price: $19.99
Author: Fodor's Travel Guides
Written by locals, Fodor's travel guides have been offering expert advice for all tastes and budgets for over 80 years.
Northern California is filled with rugged redwood forests, pristine stretches of Pacific coastline, and towering mountains. But it also has more than its share of creature comforts, from Napa Valley's wineries and spas to San Francisco's destination restaurants and exclusive boutiques. Packed with in-depth insider information, illustrated cultural features, and spectacular photography, Fodor's Northern California showcases the best the region has to offer.
|Moon Yosemite, Sequoia & Kings Canyon (Travel Guide)
Lowest new price: $9.60
Lowest used price: $13.55
List price: $19.99
Author: Ann Marie Brown
Brand: Brown Ann Marie
Moon Travel Guides: Find Your Adventure!
Explore granite domes, thundering waterfalls, and the largest trees on Earth: Moon Yosemite, Sequoia & Kings Canyon reveals the best of these stunning parks.
Moon Yosemite, Sequoia & Kings Canyon features:
With Moon Yosemite, Sequoia & Kings Canyon's curated advice, myriad activities, and expert insight, you can explore the parks your way.
- Full coverage of all three national parks, with chapters covering Yosemite Valley, Wawona and Glacier Point, Tioga Pass and Tuolomne Meadows, Hetch Hetchy, the Eastern Sierra, Sequoia, and Kings Canyon
- Full-color, vibrant photos and detailed maps throughout
- Itineraries for every timeline and budget, ranging from one day in each park to a week-long trip covering all three, including the best ways to avoid the crowds
- The top activities and unique ideas for exploring each park: Ride the open-air tram through Yosemite Valley, or hike downhill from Glacier Point past roaring waterfalls. Drive the legendary Generals Highway, or take a scenic bike ride to pristine lakes (and yes, more waterfalls!). Go for a horse-drawn wagon ride on a pioneer history tour, or sign up for rock climbing lessons with the kids. Walk among the goliaths of Mariposa Grove of Giant Sequoias, and find historic lodges for dinner and a well-deserved drink
- Strategies for getting to Yosemite, Sequoia, and Kings Canyon and traveling between them, including coverage of gateway cities and towns
- Honest advice on when to go, what to pack, and where to stay inside and outside the park, including the best places to pitch a tent, park your RV, or relax at an upscale resort
- Up-to-date information on park fees, permits, and reservations
- Expert tips from seasoned explorer and outdoor expert Ann Marie Brown for travelers looking to go hiking, biking, climbing, fishing, and more, plus essential and health and safety information
- Detailed hike descriptions with individual trail maps, marked with duration, elevation change, and effort
- Recommendations for families, international visitors, travelers with disabilities, and traveling with pets
- Thorough background on the wildlife, terrain, culture, and history
Want to see more of California's greatest hits? Try Moon Death Valley, Moon Palm Springs & Joshua Tree, or Moon Coastal California. Hitting the road? Try Moon California Road Trip.
- Moon Yosemite Sequoia Kings Canyon
|Best Easy Day Hiking Guide and Trail Map Bundle: Yosemite National Park (Best Easy Day Hikes Series)
Lowest new price: $9.74
Lowest used price: $13.51
List price: $19.95
Author: Suzanne Swedo
Best Easy Day Hikes Yosemite National Park is a perfect guidebook for those who want to sample the best of Yosemite within an easy day's walk, from the world-famous domes and waterfalls of Yosemite Valley to the more remote, less well known, but equally spectacular corners of the park. From a short stroll to an extended ramble, this book is for hikers of almost every ability, age, and interest. This guidebook will tell you when to go, where to hike, and where to find the best photos, flowers, and wildlife watching.
|California: California Travel Guide: 101 Coolest Things to Do in California (Los Angeles Travel Guide, San Francisco Travel Guide, Yosemite National Park, Budget Travel California)
Lowest new price: $8.99
Lowest used price: $3.19
List price: $8.99
Author: 101 Coolest Things
Congratulations! You've Found the Ultimate Guide to California Travel!
You are super lucky to be going to California, and this guide will let you know all of the coolest things to do, see, and eat in places like Los Angeles, Malibu, San Francisco, the Napa Valley, Yosemite National Park, San Diego, and more.
Why You Need 101 Coolest Things to Do in California
This California guide will give you the lowdown on:
GET Your Copy NOW!
- the very best things to shove in your pie hole, from the best of LA’s food truck scene through to a 19th century soda fountain
- incredible festivals, whether you would like to party hard in the desert or you’d prefer to chow down at an annual strawberry festival
- the coolest historical and cultural sights that you simply cannot afford to miss from world-class museums to Scandinavian style mansions.
- the most incredible outdoor adventures, whether you want to try out surfing in Malibu, or you want to climb to dramatic mountain peaks in Yosemite National Park.
- the places where you can party like a local and make new friends
- and tonnes more coolness besides!
Tags: California Travel Guide, San Francsico Travel Guide, Los Angeles Travel Guide, San Diego Travel Guide, Yosemite National Park, Travel to California, Backpacking California, Budget Travel California, California Activities, California Accommodation, California Beaches, Napa Valley, Caliofrnia Road Trips, California Restaurants, California Food Trucks, California Wine Country, California Vacations, California Holidays
- California California Travel Guide 101 Coolest Things to Do in California
|Yosemite Valley Bouldering (Supertopo)
Lowest new price: $19.99
Lowest used price: $19.94
List price: $26.95
Author: Matt Wilder
Brand: Wilderness Press
Yosemite Valley is one of the best granite bouldering areas in the world. This guide aims to inspire current and future Yosemite boulderers and makes Valley bouldering more accessible through clear descriptions, detailed topos, and numerous photos. This book includes many new problems and even completely new areas. From Camp 4 holdless desperates to classic moderates in serene settings, you will find the problems to suit your mood and motivation. In addition to the problem information, this book helps you plan your trip, gives insider beta for staying in the Valley, provides beautiful photos of the problems, and gives an interesting narrative on Yosemite s bouldering history. May this book help you experience many enjoyable Valley bouldering sessions!
|Valley Walls: A Memoir of Climbing and Living in Yosemite
Lowest new price: $9.38
Lowest used price: $9.78
List price: $18.95
Author: Glen Denny
Brand: Denny Glen
Half a century ago a rag-tag group of innovators was building a foundation for modern American rock climbing from a makeshift home base in Yosemite. Photographer Glen Denny was a key figure in this golden age of climbing, capturing pioneering feats on camera while tackling challenging ascents himself.
In entertaining short pieces enlivened by his iconic black-and-white images of Yosemite's big wall legends, Denny reveals a young man's coming of age and provides a vivid look at Yosemite’s early climbing culture. He relates such precarious achievements as hauling water in glass gallon jugs up the east face of Washington Column, nailing the 750-foot Rostrum in a punishing heat wave, and dangling overnight on El Capitan’s Dihedral Wall in a lightning storm. Each true tale captures the spirit of historic Camp 4, where Denny and others plan the next big climb while living on the cheap and dodging park rangers.
- Valley Walls A Memoir of Climbing and Living in Yosemite
|Moon California Road Trip: San Francisco, Yosemite, Las Vegas, Grand Canyon, Los Angeles & the Pacific Coast (Moon Handbooks)
Lowest new price: $8.50
Lowest used price: $1.98
List price: $21.99
Author: Stuart Thornton
Brand: Thornton Stuart
See the top destinations in the American West with this book as your guide. Our detailed driving routes give you all you need, including mileage from place to place, driving times, and advice on the best places to stop along the way to eat, sleep, and explore.
Choose the road trip that's best for you:
- The 14-Day Best of the West
- San Francisco, Yosemite, and Los Angeles in Six Days
- Los Angeles, Las Vegas, and the Grand Canyon in Four Days
- Two Days in San Francisco
- Two Days in Los Angeles
- Two Days in Las Vegas
A vibrant full-color interior includes 50 easy-to-use maps to keep you oriented on and off the highway.
- Moon California Road Trip San Francisco Yosemite Las Vegas Grand Canyon Los Angeles the Pacific Coast
Page 1 of 47
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED AS IS AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.