|Browse by Catagory:
Civil Rights & Liberties
War & Peace
Cajun & Creole Cooking
Caribbean & West Indian Cooking
Diabetic & Sugar-Free Cooking
Low Fat Cooking
Middle Eastern Cooking
Pacific Rim Cooking
Home & Garden
Literature & Fiction
Sheet Music & Scores
Environmental & Natural Resources Law
Ethics & Professional Responsibility
Procedures & Litigation
Water Supply & Land Use
Lawyer and Crimal Humor
Outdoors & Nature
Hiking & Camping
Hunting & Fishing
Beer & Beer Making
Health & Fitness
Diets & Weight Loss
Children's Science & Nature
Vitamins & Supplements
Psychology and Counseling
Philosophy of Psychology
Physiological Aspects of Psychology
Psychology of Sexuality
Psychology Testing & Measurement
Chaos & Systems
Geometry & Topology
Logic & Brain Teasers
Chaos & Systems
Geometry & Topology
Probability & Statistics
Experiments, Instruments & Measurement
Chaos & Systems
Fusion & Fission
Nuclear Magnetic Resonance
Waves & Wave Mechanics
Administration & Policy
Allied Health Professions
Medical Education & Training
Endocrinology & Metabolism
Physician & Patient
Insects & Spiders
Fish & Aquariums
Mobile & Wireless Computing: Programming
Linux Kernel & Peripherals
Linux Networking & Administration
State & Local History
Sci Fi Calendars
Bujold, Lois McMaster
Card, Orson Scott
Chalker, Jack L.
Heinlein, Robert A.
McKillip, Patricia A.
Nye, Jody Lynn
|Yosemite National Park (National Geographic Trails Illustrated Map)
Lowest new price: $6.66
Lowest used price: $6.65
List price: $11.95
Author: National Geographic Maps - Trails Illustrated
Brand: National Geographic
Model: NatGeo Maps: Trails Illustrated
• Waterproof • Tear-Resistant • Topographic Map
Explore the majesty of Yosemite National Park with National Geographic's Trails Illustrated map. Loaded with helpful information on camping, hiking, lodging, transportation, regulations, and safety, this map is an invaluable tool for casual park visitors and avid adventurers alike. Expertly researched and created in partnership with local land management agencies, the map features key areas of interest including Stanislaus National Forest, Emigrant Wilderness, Carson Iceberg Wilderness, Toiyabe National Forest, Hoover Wilderness, Inyo National Forest, Yosemite Wilderness, Sierra National Forest, and Ansel Adams Wilderness. Detail of the popular Tuolumne Meadows and Yosemite Valley are provided in inset maps.
With almost 800 miles of mapped trails, the Yosemite National Park map can guide you off the beaten path and back again. The clearly marked trails include mileages between intersections. The map base includes contour lines and elevations for summits, passes and major lakes. Some of the many recreation features include: campgrounds, trailheads, tram tours, ski areas, river access, scenic overlooks, scenic byways, and interpretive trails.
Every Trails Illustrated map is printed on "Backcountry Tough" waterproof, tear-resistant paper. A full UTM grid is printed on the map to aid with GPS navigation.
Other features found on this map include: Ansel Adams Wilderness, Bridalveil Fall, Cathedral Range, El Capitan, Emigrant Wilderness, Excelsior Mountain, Hoover Wilderness, Illilouette Falls, Inyo National Forest, Lake Eleanor, Lower Yosemite Fall, Matterhorn Peak, Mount Dana, Mount Lyell, Mount Ritter, Nevada Fall, Ribbon Fall, Ritter Range, Sierra National Forest, Silver Strand Falls, Stanislaus National Forest, Tioga Pass, Toiyabe National Forest, Upper Yosemite Falls, Vernal Fall, Yosemite National Park, Yosemite Valley.
- Map Scale = 1:80,000 & 1:40,000
- Sheet Size = 37.75" x 25.5"
- Folded Size = 4.25" x 9.25"
- Approximately 4 1/4" x 9" folded; 25 1/2" x 37 3/4" fully opened
- Scale = 1:80,000
- Map revised - 2005.
- Tear resistant paper
|Lonely Planet Yosemite, Sequoia & Kings Canyon National Parks (Travel Guide)
Lowest new price: $8.15
Lowest used price: $7.95
List price: $19.99
Author: Lonely Planet
Brand: Lonely Planet
# 1 best-selling guide to Yosemite, Sequoia & Kings Canyon National Parks*
Lonely Planet Yosemite, Sequoia & Kings Canyon National Parks is your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Go fishing in Yosemite Valley; canoeing and kayaking in Mammoth Lakes, or horseback riding in King's Canyon; all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of Yosemite, Sequoia & Kings Canyon National Parks and begin your journey now!
Inside the Lonely Planet Yosemite, Sequoia & Kings Canyon National Parks Travel Guide:
- User-friendly highlights and itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices, emergency information, park seasonality, hiking trail junctions, viewpoints, landscapes, elevations, distances, difficulty levels, and durations
- Honest reviews for all budgets - eating, sleeping, camping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, summer and winter activities, and hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Contextual insights give you a richer, more rewarding travel experience - history, geology, wildlife, conservation
- Over 42 full-color trail and park maps and full-color images throughout
- Useful features - Travel with Children, Clothing and Equipment, and Day and Overnight Hikes
- Covers Yosemite National Park, Sequoia National Park, Kings Canyon National Park, King's Canyon Point, Badger Pass, Wawona, Tuolumne Meadows, Hetch Hetchy, Sierra National Forest and more
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet Yosemite, Sequoia & Kings Canyon National Parks, our most comprehensive guide to these parks, is perfect for both exploring top sights and taking roads less traveled.
- Looking to visit more national parks? Check out USA's National Parks, a new full-color guide that covers all 59 of the USA's national parks.
Authors: Written and researched by Lonely Planet.
About Lonely Planet: Since 1973, Lonely Planet has become the world's leading travel media company with guidebooks to every destination, an award-winning website, mobile and digital travel products, and a dedicated traveler community. Lonely Planet covers must-see spots but also enables curious travelers to get off beaten paths to understand more of the culture of the places in which they find themselves.
TripAdvisor Travelers' Choice Awards winner in Favorite Travel Guide category for 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015.
*Best-selling guide to Yosemite, Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Parks. Source: Nielsen BookScan. Australia, UK and USA
- Lonely Planet Yosemite Sequoia Kings Canyon National Parks
|Yosemite: The Complete Guide: Yosemite National Park (Color Travel Guide)
Lowest new price: $10.45
Lowest used price: $8.41
List price: $19.99
Brand: Destination Pr
This gorgeous, full-color travel guidebook reveals the highlights and hidden gems of Yosemite National Park.
Yosemite is filled with incredible scenery and amazing outdoor adventures. But without careful planning, a trip there can be overwhelming. Yosemite: The Complete Guide breaks it down and gives you everything you need to make the most of your time in the park.
Whatever your interests ― hiking past beautiful waterfalls, strolling through giant sequoias, watching sunset from Glacier Point, relaxing at a historic lodge ―Yosemite: The Complete Guide puts the best of Yosemite at your fingertips.
Beautiful color photos showcase the park's best destinations.
Fascinating chapters on Geology, History and Wildlife reveal the story behind the scenery.
Detailed maps make travel planning easy.
From the stunning waterfalls in Yosemite Valley to incredible hikes in the High Sierra, Yosemite: The Complete Guide is the only guide you'll need!
• Over 100 Color Photos
• Over 20 Detailed Maps
Filled with Tips to save you time and money!
|Fodor's Northern California: with Napa & Sonoma, Yosemite, San Francisco, Lake Tahoe & the Best Road Trips (Full-color Travel Guide)
Lowest new price: $11.90
Lowest used price: $11.90
List price: $19.99
Author: Fodor's Travel Guides
Written by locals, Fodor's travel guides have been offering expert advice for all tastes and budgets for over 80 years.
Northern California is filled with rugged redwood forests, pristine stretches of Pacific coastline, and towering mountains. But it also has more than its share of creature comforts, from Napa Valley's wineries and spas to San Francisco's destination restaurants and exclusive boutiques. Packed with in-depth insider information, illustrated cultural features, and spectacular photography, Fodor's Northern California showcases the best the region has to offer.
|Hiking Yosemite National Park: A Guide to 61 of the Park's Greatest Hiking Adventures (Regional Hiking Series)
Lowest new price: $11.11
Lowest used price: $11.10
List price: $22.95
Author: Suzanne Swedo
Brand: Suzanne Swedo
Lace up your boots and sample sixty-one of the finest trails Yosemite National Park has to offer.
Fully updated and revised, and including color maps and photos throughout, Hiking Yosemite National Park features everything from short strolls and day hikes to multiday backcountry treks, every one of which will treat you to some of the world s most stunning scenery and allow you to get the most out of this remarkably diverse natural wonderland.
Hikes suited to every ability
Directions to the trail heads
Trail Finder for best hikes for lakes, waterfalls, views, wildlife, and wildflowers
Difficulty ratings and average hike times
Trip-planning information, including permits, local lodging and campgrounds, and best hiking seasons for every featured hike.
- Hiking Yosemite National Park A Guide to 61 of the Park s Greatest Hiking Adventures Regional Hiking Series
|Best Easy Day Hikes Yosemite National Park (Best Easy Day Hikes Series)
Lowest new price: $5.72
Lowest used price: $7.00
List price: $9.95
Author: Suzanne Swedo
Brand: Globe Pequot Press
Best Easy Day Hikes Yosemite National Park is a perfect guidebook for those who want to sample the best of Yosemite within an easy day's walk, from the world-famous domes and waterfalls of Yosemite Valley to the more remote, less well known, but equally spectacular corners of the park. From a short stroll to an extended ramble, this book is for hikers of almost every ability, age, and interest. This guidebook will tell you when to go, where to hike, and where to find the best photos, flowers, and wildlife watching.
|Moon Yosemite, Sequoia & Kings Canyon (Travel Guide)
Lowest new price: $12.40
Lowest used price: $13.84
List price: $19.99
Author: Ann Marie Brown
Brand: Brown Ann Marie
Moon Travel Guides: Find Your Adventure!
Explore granite domes, thundering waterfalls, and the largest trees on Earth: Moon Yosemite, Sequoia & Kings Canyon reveals the best of these stunning parks.
Moon Yosemite, Sequoia & Kings Canyon features:
With Moon Yosemite, Sequoia & Kings Canyon's curated advice, myriad activities, and expert insight, you can explore the parks your way.
- Full coverage of all three national parks, with chapters covering Yosemite Valley, Wawona and Glacier Point, Tioga Pass and Tuolomne Meadows, Hetch Hetchy, the Eastern Sierra, Sequoia, and Kings Canyon
- Full-color, vibrant photos and detailed maps throughout
- Itineraries for every timeline and budget, ranging from one day in each park to a week-long trip covering all three, including the best ways to avoid the crowds
- The top activities and unique ideas for exploring each park: Ride the open-air tram through Yosemite Valley, or hike downhill from Glacier Point past roaring waterfalls. Drive the legendary Generals Highway, or take a scenic bike ride to pristine lakes (and yes, more waterfalls!). Go for a horse-drawn wagon ride on a pioneer history tour, or sign up for rock climbing lessons with the kids. Walk among the goliaths of Mariposa Grove of Giant Sequoias, and find historic lodges for dinner and a well-deserved drink
- Strategies for getting to Yosemite, Sequoia, and Kings Canyon and traveling between them, including coverage of gateway cities and towns
- Honest advice on when to go, what to pack, and where to stay inside and outside the park, including the best places to pitch a tent, park your RV, or relax at an upscale resort
- Up-to-date information on park fees, permits, and reservations
- Expert tips from seasoned explorer and outdoor expert Ann Marie Brown for travelers looking to go hiking, biking, climbing, fishing, and more, plus essential and health and safety information
- Detailed hike descriptions with individual trail maps, marked with duration, elevation change, and effort
- Recommendations for families, international visitors, travelers with disabilities, and traveling with pets
- Thorough background on the wildlife, terrain, culture, and history
Want to see more of California's greatest hits? Try Moon Death Valley, Moon Palm Springs & Joshua Tree, or Moon Coastal California. Hitting the road? Try Moon California Road Trip.
- Moon Yosemite Sequoia Kings Canyon
|National Geographic Park Profiles: Yosemite: Over 100 Full-Color Photographs, plus Detailed Maps, and Firsthand Information
Lowest new price: $7.45
Lowest used price: $2.35
List price: $16.00
Author: National Geographic Society
Brand: Brand: National Geographic
Discover more than 120 stunning color photographs featuring this jewel of the Sierra Nevada.
The beauty and the grandeur of Yosemite National Park beckon 4.1 million visitors each year. Some are rock climbers who come to challenge Yosemite’s granite. Some, en route to the backcountry, come for solitude. But by far the greatest number come to experience the view from the valley. Author Kenneth Brower details the captivating variety of Yosemite’s plants and animals. He chronicles how rivers of ice shaped the valley and relates the saga of the park through its first 100 years. Despite concerns about large crowds straining park resources, Brower remains optimistic. He writes, “The message of Yosemite is not how badly the park is run, but how well.”
Each National Geographic Park Profile captures the beauty of one of the United States' beloved national parks. Other installments in the series include books on the Grand Canyon, Yellowstone, and the Blue Ridge Mountains.
- Used Book in Good Condition
|John Muir: The Eight Wilderness Discovery Books
Lowest new price: $27.67
Lowest used price: $14.75
List price: $40.00
Author: John Muir
Brand: Brand: The Mountaineers Books
* Muir is perhaps the nation's greatest conservationist
* His books reveal why he devoted his life to preserving the West's greatest natural treasures
The name John Muir (1838-1914) has come to stand for the protection of wilderness both in the United States and abroad. This is a collection of his eight most influential works in a single volume. The collection represents the lifelong relationship between the landscape and an inspirational architect of the conservation movement. Arranged in the order of Muir's life are: The Story of My Boyhood and Youth, A Thousand Mile Walk to the Gulf, My First Summer in the Sierra, The Mountains of California, Our National Parks, The Yosemite, Travels in Alaska, and Steep Trails.
- Used Book in Good Condition
|Big Walls, Swift Waters: Epic Stories from Yosemite Search and Rescue
Lowest new price: $15.63
Lowest used price: $11.60
List price: $22.99
Author: Charles R. "Butch" Farabee
Brand: Farabee Charles R
WINNER, 2017 National Outdoor Book Awards—Instructional Category
The men and women of Yosemite Search and Rescue work around the clock, ready to respond at any hour in any weather. It’s not all helicopter heroics and plucking unlucky rock jocks off The Nose of El Capitan. It also means helping the teen with the busted ankle on the Mist Trail, finding the missing child in Tuolumne Meadows, and rescuing the newlywed clinging to a slick rock after her raft implodes.
Most of Yosemite’s nearly 4 million annual visitors leave the park without a scratch. For a few, however, a vacation in this world-famous land of cliffs and waterfalls takes a turn for the terrifying. That’s where the YOSAR team comes in.
Author and legendary YOSAR team member Butch Farabee relates epic tales of endurance and survival, misadventure and fatal consequences. Also included are:
the origins of Search and Rescue in the national parks, including the U.S. Army’s key role;
advice for staying safe in the park;
profiles of SAR pros who do this dangerous work every day;
stories about YODOGS and animal rescues;
innovative techniques developed in Yosemite and now used around the world;
photos and descriptions of top-tier gear used by this world-class team of medics, climbers, and swift-water experts;
stats that any adventure geek will love;
and, of course, plenty of helicopters!
A must-read for thrill-seekers, armchair travelers, national park novices, and expert explorers alike. Get the inside story on the elite YOSAR team, and get inspired (and informed) for adventure anywhere!
- Big Walls Swift Waters Epic Stories from Yosemite Search and Rescue
Page 1 of 45
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED AS IS AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.