|Browse by Catagory:
Civil Rights & Liberties
War & Peace
Cajun & Creole Cooking
Caribbean & West Indian Cooking
Diabetic & Sugar-Free Cooking
Low Fat Cooking
Middle Eastern Cooking
Pacific Rim Cooking
Home & Garden
Literature & Fiction
Sheet Music & Scores
Environmental & Natural Resources Law
Ethics & Professional Responsibility
Procedures & Litigation
Water Supply & Land Use
Lawyer and Crimal Humor
Outdoors & Nature
Hiking & Camping
Hunting & Fishing
Beer & Beer Making
Health & Fitness
Diets & Weight Loss
Children's Science & Nature
Vitamins & Supplements
Psychology and Counseling
Philosophy of Psychology
Physiological Aspects of Psychology
Psychology of Sexuality
Psychology Testing & Measurement
Chaos & Systems
Geometry & Topology
Logic & Brain Teasers
Chaos & Systems
Geometry & Topology
Probability & Statistics
Experiments, Instruments & Measurement
Chaos & Systems
Fusion & Fission
Nuclear Magnetic Resonance
Waves & Wave Mechanics
Administration & Policy
Allied Health Professions
Medical Education & Training
Endocrinology & Metabolism
Physician & Patient
Insects & Spiders
Fish & Aquariums
Mobile & Wireless Computing: Programming
Linux Kernel & Peripherals
Linux Networking & Administration
State & Local History
Sci Fi Calendars
Bujold, Lois McMaster
Card, Orson Scott
Chalker, Jack L.
Heinlein, Robert A.
McKillip, Patricia A.
Nye, Jody Lynn
|Dear Bob and Sue
Lowest new price: $10.25
Lowest used price: $4.94
List price: $15.99
Author: Matt and Karen Smith
Brand: Brand: Matt Smith
Dear Bob and Sue is the story of our (Matt and Karen Smith) journey to all 59 U.S. National Parks. We wrote the book as a series of emails to our friends, Bob and Sue, in which we share our humorous and quirky observations. It is at times irreverent, unpredictable and sarcastic, all in the spirit of humor. We describe a few of our experiences in each park but do not provide an exhaustive overview of each experience or park. We did not intend for this book to be a travel guide nor a recommendation for how to visit all 59 of the U.S. National Parks although many readers have said they’ve found it to be a useful guide. Rather, it is our story about how we did it. If you enjoy quirky humor set in the magnificent U.S. National Parks, this book may be for you. If you are looking for eloquent descriptions of the natural beauty we encountered or detailed descriptions of every activity you can do in each park, there are many other books available where you can find that information. All that said, many readers have commented that it’s “laugh out loud” funny and a light-hearted glimpse of our journey through the parks. Some have voiced concerns about the language we used in the book. We are not entirely sure which are the offending words, but here are a few possible candidates. There is a point in the book where Matt suggests that one of the caves at Carlsbad Caverns National Park be named Put Your Scrotum in a Vise Cave. Another passage mentions that Matt has a low tolerance for bullshit. Still, another quotes Karen as saying that men who use a laptop while it sits directly on their lap expose themselves to the risk of “cooking their testicles.” For the sake of full disclosure, Karen’s testicle comment offends Matt as well. These are representative examples of what we feel are the most “adult” language usages in the book. If these are offensive to you, then you might re-consider whether you should read this book. We also talk about drinking beer and eating peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. Based on comments we’ve received from readers, we should warn you about these as well.
- Used Book in Good Condition
|Moon Yellowstone & Grand Teton: Including Jackson Hole (Travel Guide)
Lowest new price: $12.11
Lowest used price: $12.14
List price: $19.99
Author: Becky Lomax
Find Your Adventure with Moon Travel Guides!
Forge your way through forests, across mountain peaks, past geysers, and more with Moon Yellowstone & Grand Teton. Inside you'll find:
Experience the parks your way with Moon Yellowstone & Grand Teton's practical tips, boundless activities, and reliable expertise.
- Itineraries for every timeline, budget, and travel style, ranging from one day in each national park to a week-long road trip covering both
- The top activities and unique ideas for exploring each park: Marvel at the steam-spewing Old Faithful geyser, or take a horseback ride to panoramic lakeside views. Hike through alpine forests to rushing waterfalls, and catch a glimpse of wild bison, elk, wolves, or bears. Climb to Inspiration Point for breathtaking views of Jackson Hole, explore the quirky nearby towns, or discover the best spots to hit the slopes during the winter season
- Strategies for getting to the parks and traveling between them, with suggestions on where to stop along the way to eat, rest, or explore
- Expert tips for hiking, backpacking, mountain biking, kayaking, and more, plus essential packing and health and safety information
- Detailed hike descriptions with individual trail maps, each marked by duration, elevation change, and more
- Valuable insight from Yellowstone expert and seasoned explorer Becky Lomax
- Honest advice on where to stay inside and outside the parks, including campgrounds, cabins, guest ranches, and resorts
- Up-to-date information on park fees, passes, and reservations
- Full-color photos and detailed maps of each national park
- Coverage of gateway cities and towns, including Jackson Hole, Big Sky, Red Lodge, Cody, Lander, and DuBois
- Recommendations for families, seniors, solo travelers, international visitors, travelers with disabilities, and traveling with pets
- Thorough background on the wildlife, weather, terrain, hazards and personal safety, and history
For more of the Rockies, check out Moon Montana & Wyoming, Moon Colorado, or Moon Idaho.
For full coverage of America's national parks, check out Moon USA National Parks: The Complete Guide to All 59 National Parks
|Our National Parks
Lowest new price: $12.32
Lowest used price: $8.49
List price: $16.99
Author: John Muir
For every person who has experienced the beauty of the mountains and felt humbled by comparison.
John Muir’s Our National Parks—reissued to encourage, and inspire travelers, campers, and contemporary naturalists—is as profound for readers today as it was in 1901.
Take in John Muir’s detailed observations of the sights, scents, sounds, and textures of Yosemite, Yellowstone, and forest reservations of the West. Be reminded (as Muir sagely puts), “Wildness is a necessity; and that mountain parks and reservations are useful not only as fountains of timber and irrigating rivers, but as fountains of life.”
John Muir’s warmth, humor, and passionate advocacy for these public lands is enough to spur any reader on to plan a National Parks adventure of their own.
John Muir was a Scottish-born American naturalist, author, early advocate of preservation of wilderness in the United States, and founder of The Sierra Club. His letters, essays, and books of his adventures in nature have been read by millions.
|National Parks Wall Calendar (2019)
Lowest new price: $4.49
Lowest used price: $8.95
List price: $10.59
From the Grand Canyon to Acadia, National Parks are the hot spots for vacationing Americans from sea to shining sea. Your home or office is the perfect destination for the 2019 National Parks calendar.Features a full-sized planning grid. Printed on a glossy paper stock suitable for pen and pencil note taking. This calendar is 12" wide x 12" tall when closed and 12" wide x 24" tall when open, and features 12 full-color images. Includes 4 extra planning grids for September through December of 2018, plus full pages for January through December of 2019. Also includes a bonus downloadable digital wallpaper for both desktop and mobile devices.
|Fodor's The Complete Guide to the National Parks of the West (Full-color Travel Guide)
Lowest new price: $10.08
Lowest used price: $9.57
List price: $24.99
Author: Fodor's Travel Guides
Brand: PUBLISHERS GROUP UK
Written by locals, Fodor's travel guides have been offering trusted advice for all tastes and budgets for 80 years.
Fodor's The Complete Guide to the National Parks of the West features comprehensive information on everything within each of the 38 national parks of the West and on the towns and attractions nearby. Every recommendation has been vetted by a local Fodor’s expert to ensure travelers plan the perfect trip, from rafting the raging Colorado River as it pushes through the Grand Canyon, to viewing wildlife in Yosemite while you hike, to watching Yellowstone’s Old Faithful geyser in action. This guide also includes special chapters to help you choose a park and advice for planning your visit like what to pack, which park passes to buy, and photography tips.
This travel guide includes:
· Dozens of full-color maps
· Hundreds of hotel and restaurant recommendations
· In-depth breakout features on great lodges of the National Parks, tips for stargazing, exploring the Colorado River, and Yellowstone’s Old Faithful
· Covers: Arches National Park, Badlands National Park, Banff National Park, Big Ben National Park, Black Canyon of the Gunnison National Park, Bryce Canyon National Park, Canyonlands National Park, Capitol Reef National Park, Carlsbad Caverns National Park, Channel Islands National Park, Crater Lake National Park, Death Valley National Park, Glacier and Waterton Lakes National Park, Grand Canyon National Park, Grand Teton National Park, Great Basin National Park, Great Sand Dunes National Park, Guadalupe Mountains National Park, Jasper National Park, Joshua Tree National Park, Lassen Volcanic National Park, Mesa Verde National Park, Mount Rainier National Park, North Cascades National Park, Olympic National Park, Petrified Forest National Park, Pinnacles National Park, Redwood National Park, Rocky Mountain National Park, Saguaro National Park, Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Parks, Theodore Roosevelt National Park, Wind Cave National Park, Yellowstone National Park, Yosemite National Park, and Zion National Park
|National Parks of America: Experience America's 59 National Parks (Lonely Planet)
Lowest new price: $16.01
Lowest used price: $10.47
List price: $29.99
Author: Lonely Planet
Brand: LONELY PLANET PUBLICATIONS
To celebrate America's amazing national parks, Lonely Planet, the world's leading travel publisher, takes you on an informative and gorgeous tour of all 59 parks with our lavishly finished hardcover gift guide packed with detailed itineraries and practical tips on what to do and see in each park to get you started planning your next adventure.
America's national parks are full of timeless marvels that still rejuvenate the soul: the world's largest trees in Sequoia; its most spectacular geothermal site in Yellowstone; the grandest canyon. Perhaps the movement's most eloquent description that is still resonates came from national parks advocate John Muir: 'Thousands of tired, nerve-shaken, over-civilized people are beginning to find out that going to the mountains is going home; that wildness is a necessity...' Fortunately for the nerve-shaken, over-civilized people of then and now, President Woodrow Wilson created the National Parks Service (NPS) on August 25, 1916, though the drive to protect some of America's most remarkable wild spaces, to be 'used and preserved for the benefit of mankind', began in the 1860s.
From Acadia to Zion, this beautiful introduction to America's preserved natural treasures is packed with landscape photography, original wildlife illustrations, and practical information. You will surely be inspired to rediscover these incredible spaces and find out why they're worth celebrating and you'll have all the tools to plan the first of many exciting trips.
This book is intended to be a practical introduction to each of America's 59 national parks, distilled by Lonely Planet's expert authors. We highlight the best activities and trails, explain how to get there and where to stay, show you the wildlife to watch out for, and suggest ideal itineraries. Whether you're lucky enough to have a park on your doorstep or need to travel further, we hope that the following pages inspire you both the iconic and lesser-known gems that make up the USA's diversely breathtaking expanses.
Covers all 59 US National Parks:
- American Samoa
- Big Bend
- Black Canyon of the Gunnison
- Bryce Canyon Canyonlands
- Capitol Reef
- Carlsbad Caverns
- Channel Islands
- Crater Lake
- Cuyahoga Valley
- Death Valley
- Dry Tortugas
- Gates of the Arctic
- Glacier Bay
- Grand Canyon
- Grand Teton
- Great Basin
- Great Sand Dunes
- Great Smoky Mountains
- Hawaii Volcanoes
- Hot Springs
- Isle Royale
- Joshua Tree
- Kenai Fjords
- Kings Canyon
- Kobuk Valley
- Lake Clark
- Lassen Volcanic
- Mammoth Cave
- Mesa Verde
- Mt Rainier
- North Cascades
- Petrified Forest
- Rocky Mountain
- Theodore Roosevelt
- Virgin Islands
- Wind Cave
- Wrangell-St Elias
About Lonely Planet: Started in 1973, Lonely Planet has become the world's leading travel guide publisher with guidebooks to every destination on the planet, as well as an award-winning website, a suite of mobile and digital travel products, and a dedicated traveller community. Lonely Planet's mission is to enable curious travellers to experience the world and to truly get to the heart of the places they find themselves in.
- LONELY PLANET PUBLICATIONS
|Moon USA National Parks: The Complete Guide to All 59 Parks (Travel Guide)
Lowest new price: $11.91
Lowest used price: $8.99
List price: $24.99
Author: Becky Lomax
They've been dubbed America's best idea for a reason: get inspired, get outdoors, and discover the wild beauty of the United States with Moon USA National Parks. Inside you'll find:
Whether you're trekking to striking vistas, rafting a wild river, or camping under the stars, find your park adventure with Moon USA National Parks.
- Coverage of all 59 national parks, from the misty mountains of the east and the redwoods of the west, to the glaciers of Alaska and volcanoes of Hawaii, organized by region
- Strategic lists and itineraries: Choose from lists of the best parks for hiking, wildlife, families, and scenic drives, or make your way down the list of the top ten national parks experiences across the country
- The best outdoor adventures in every park, including backpacking, biking, mountain climbing, kayaking, rafting, and more, plus detailed hike descriptions and trail maps marked with distance, duration, effort level, and trailheads
- National parks road trips with driving times and advice for linking multiple parks, interesting stops between them, and nearby attractions and state parks
- Comprehensive planning resources: With detailed maps and transportation tips, you'll have the tools to explore each park or region individually, or visit multiple for an epic national parks trip
- Expert advice from former park guide Becky Lomax on how to avoid crowds, what time of year to visit, and where to stay inside and outside the parks, from campgrounds to hotels
- Know before you go: Find essential background on climate, terrain, wildlife, history, and safety precautions, plus practical information on park fees, passes, and reservations, including how to obtain and use a National Parks Pass
- Gorgeous, full-color photos throughout, plus a handy keepsake section for your national parks stamps and a detachable fold-out poster map
For more in-depth information on a specific park, check out Moon's national parks travel guides.
|Death in Yellowstone: Accidents and Foolhardiness in the First National Park, 2nd Edition
Lowest new price: $11.42
Lowest used price: $7.72
List price: $18.95
Author: Lee H. Whittlesey
Brand: Roberts Rinehart Publishers
The chilling tome that launched an entire genre of books about the often gruesome but always tragic ways people have died in our national parks, this updated edition of the classic includes calamities in Yellowstone from the past sixteen years, including the infamous grizzly bear attacks in the summer of 2011 as well as a fatal hot springs accident in 2000. In these accounts, written with sensitivity as cautionary tales about what to do and what not to do in one of our wildest national parks, Whittlesey recounts deaths ranging from tragedy to folly—from being caught in a freak avalanche to the goring of a photographer who just got a little too close to a bison. Armchair travelers and park visitors alike will be fascinated by this important book detailing the dangers awaiting in our first national park.
- Roberts Rinehart Publishers
|Lonely Planet Yellowstone & Grand Teton National Parks (Travel Guide)
Lowest new price: $7.55
Lowest used price: $2.51
List price: $19.99
Author: Lonely Planet
Brand: Lonely Planet
Lonely Planet: The world's leading travel guide publisher
Lonely Planet Yellowstone & Grand Teton National Parks is your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Spot wolves and grizzlies in Lamar Valley, watch geysers erupt in Old Faithful and Upper Geyser Basin, or get out on the water in a kayak or canoe at Jackson Lake; all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of Yellowstone & Grand Teton National Parks and begin your journey now!
Inside the Lonely Planet Yellowstone & Grand Teton National Parks Travel Guide:
- User-friendly highlights and itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices, emergency information, park seasonality, hiking trail junctions, viewpoints, landscapes, elevations, distances, difficulty levels, and durations
- Focused on the best - hikes, drives, and cycling tours
- Honest reviews for all budgets - eating, sleeping, camping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, summer and winter activities, and hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Contextual insights give you a richer, more rewarding travel experience - history, geology, wildlife, conservation
- Over 47 full-color trail and park maps and full-color images throughout
- Useful features - Travel with Children, Clothing and Equipment, and Day and Overnight Hikes
- Covers Yellowstone National Park area, Mammoth Country, Roosevelt Country, Canyon Country, Lake Country, Norris, Geyser Country, Bechler Region, Grand Teton National Park area, Jackson and more
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet Yellowstone & Grand Teton , our most comprehensive guide to these two parks, is perfect for both exploring top sights and taking roads less travelled.
- Looking to visit more national parks? Check out USA's National Parks, a new full-color guide that covers all 59 of the USA's national parks.
Authors: Written and researched by Lonely Planet.
About Lonely Planet: Since 1973, Lonely Planet has become the world's leading travel media company with guidebooks to every destination, an award-winning website, mobile and digital travel products, and a dedicated traveler community. Lonely Planet covers must-see spots but also enables curious travelers to get off beaten paths to understand more of the culture of the places in which they find themselves.
TripAdvisor Travelers' Choice Awards winner in Favorite Travel Guide category for 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015.
- Lonely Planet Yellowstone Grand Teton National Parks
|Yellowstone National Park (National Geographic Trails Illustrated Map)
Lowest new price: $8.00
Lowest used price: $10.46
List price: $11.95
Author: National Geographic Maps - Trails Illustrated
Brand: National Geographic
• Waterproof • Tear-Resistant • Topographic Map
National Geographic's Trails Illustrated map of Yellowstone National Park is designed to meet the needs of outdoor enthusiasts by combining valuable information with unmatched detail of America's first national park. Expertly researched and created in partnership with local land management agencies, this map features key points of interest including Mammoth Hot Springs, Canyon Village, Yellowstone Lake, Yellowstone Falls, Grant Village, and Old Faithful geyser area.
With over 1,000 miles of mapped trails, the Yellowstone National Park map can guide you off the beaten path and back again. The clearly marked trails include mileages between intersections. Trail summaries provide elevation, duration, and difficulty for a variety of suggested hikes. The map base includes contour lines and elevations for summits, passes and many lakes. The bathymetry of Yellowstone Lake is shown with both contours and hill shading. Some of the many recreation features include: campgrounds, trailheads, boat ramps, marinas, scenic overlooks and interpretive trails.
Every Trails Illustrated map is printed on "Backcountry Tough" waterproof, tear-resistant paper. A full UTM grid is printed on the map to aid with GPS navigation.
Other features found on this map include: Absaroka-Beartooth Wilderness, Beartooth Mountains, Big Game Ridge, Buffalo Plateau, Colter Peak, Craig Pass, Crowfoot Ridge, Custer National Forest, Eagle Peak, Emigrant Peak, Gallatin National Forest, Grand Teton National Park, Granite Peak, Granite Range, Grouse Mountain, Heart Lake, Hurricane Mesa, Jedediah Smith Wilderness, John D. Rockefeller, Jr. Memorial Parkway, Lake Plateau, Lamar River, Lee Metcalf Wilderness, Lewis Lake, Lower Falls of the Yellowstone River, Mount Hancock, Mount Holmes, Mount Sheridan, Mount Wallace, Mount Washburn, North Absaroka Wilderness, Pilot Peak, Pitchstone Plateau, Ramshorn Peak, Red Mountains, Saddle Mountain, Shoshone Lake, Shoshone National Forest, Targhee National Forest, Teton National Forest, Teton Wilderness, Thorofare Plateau, Washakie Wilderness, Yellowstone Lake, Yellowstone National Park.
- Map Scale = 1:126,720
- Sheet Size = 37.75" x 25.5"
- Folded Size = 4.25" x 9.25"
- Waterproof. Tear-resistant. Regularly revised.
- UTM grid is printed on the map to aid with GPS navigation. Over 1,000 miles of mapped trails. Includes mileages between intersections.
- Provides elevation, duration, and difficulty of trails. Map base includes contour lines, elevations for summits, passes and lakes. Features campgrounds, trailheads, boat ramps, marinas, scenic overlooks and interpretive trails.
- Features key points of interest including Mammoth Hot Springs, Canyon Village, Yellowstone Lake, Yellowstone Falls, Grant Village, and Old Faithful geyser area.
Page 1 of 61
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED AS IS AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.