|Browse by Catagory:
Civil Rights & Liberties
War & Peace
Cajun & Creole Cooking
Caribbean & West Indian Cooking
Diabetic & Sugar-Free Cooking
Low Fat Cooking
Middle Eastern Cooking
Pacific Rim Cooking
Home & Garden
Literature & Fiction
Sheet Music & Scores
Environmental & Natural Resources Law
Ethics & Professional Responsibility
Procedures & Litigation
Water Supply & Land Use
Lawyer and Crimal Humor
Outdoors & Nature
Hiking & Camping
Hunting & Fishing
Beer & Beer Making
Health & Fitness
Diets & Weight Loss
Children's Science & Nature
Vitamins & Supplements
Psychology and Counseling
Philosophy of Psychology
Physiological Aspects of Psychology
Psychology of Sexuality
Psychology Testing & Measurement
Chaos & Systems
Geometry & Topology
Logic & Brain Teasers
Chaos & Systems
Geometry & Topology
Probability & Statistics
Experiments, Instruments & Measurement
Chaos & Systems
Fusion & Fission
Nuclear Magnetic Resonance
Waves & Wave Mechanics
Administration & Policy
Allied Health Professions
Medical Education & Training
Endocrinology & Metabolism
Physician & Patient
Insects & Spiders
Fish & Aquariums
Mobile & Wireless Computing: Programming
Linux Kernel & Peripherals
Linux Networking & Administration
State & Local History
Sci Fi Calendars
Bujold, Lois McMaster
Card, Orson Scott
Chalker, Jack L.
Heinlein, Robert A.
McKillip, Patricia A.
Nye, Jody Lynn
|Death in Yellowstone: Accidents and Foolhardiness in the First National Park, 2nd Edition
Lowest new price: $12.05
Lowest used price: $7.68
List price: $18.95
Author: Lee H. Whittlesey
Brand: Roberts Rinehart Publishers
The chilling tome that launched an entire genre of books about the often gruesome but always tragic ways people have died in our national parks, this updated edition of the classic includes calamities in Yellowstone from the past sixteen years, including the infamous grizzly bear attacks in the summer of 2011 as well as a fatal hot springs accident in 2000. In these accounts, written with sensitivity as cautionary tales about what to do and what not to do in one of our wildest national parks, Whittlesey recounts deaths ranging from tragedy to folly—from being caught in a freak avalanche to the goring of a photographer who just got a little too close to a bison. Armchair travelers and park visitors alike will be fascinated by this important book detailing the dangers awaiting in our first national park.
- Roberts Rinehart Publishers
|Compass American Guides: Yellowstone and Grand Teton National Parks (Full-color Travel Guide)
Lowest new price: $12.94
Lowest used price: $14.35
List price: $21.99
Author: Fodor's Travel Guides
Written by locals, Fodor’s Compass American Guides: Yellowstone and Grand Teton National Parks is the perfect guidebook for those looking for insider tips to make the most out their visit to Yellowstone and Grand Teton National Park. Complete with detailed maps and concise descriptions, this travel guide will help you plan your trip with ease. Join Fodor’s in exploring one of the most exciting American National Parks.
America's first national park, Yellowstone contains an incomparable combination of natural beauty, rugged wilderness, and abundant wildlife. Nearby, Grand Teton National Park is renowned for its magnificent, jagged, snow-capped peaks. The Compass American Guide to these parks is chock-full of dazzling photos of the majestic geysers, lakes, and wildlife that make them unlike any places on earth.
Compass American Guides: Yellowstone and Grand Teton National Parks includes:
•UP-TO-DATE COVERAGE: Fully updated coverage of the parks' renovated lodging along with new dining, lodging, and tour reviews for the nearby gateway towns ensure that travelers receive the most up-to-date information on Yellowstone and the Grand Tetons.
•DETAILED MAPS: Full-page topographic maps throughout the guide to help you plan and get around stress-free.
•GORGEOUS PHOTOS AND ILLUSTRATED FEATURES: This new edition teems with brilliant, eye-catching photos of Yellowstone and the Grand Tetons that captures the picturesque scenery these parks are renowned for. Travelers can learn all about exploring the upper and lower loops of Yellowstone and hiking the best trails in the Grand Tetons. Illustrated features highlight the famed geothermal features of Yellowstone, winter activities, and the parks' geology, flora, and fauna. The full-color photographs not only illustrate the parks' beauty but also make the guide a memorable keepsake.
•ITINERARIES AND TOP RECOMMENDATIONS: Best day hikes, sights, and activities recommended by savvy local writers help travelers make the most of their time.
•INDISPENSABLE TRIP PLANNING TOOLS: The photo-rich top experiences along with extensive information on getting into and around the parks help travelers budget their time. Clear, easy-to-read maps show sights, topography, and trailheads, while a special chapter on flora, fauna, and geography is a handy reference tool.
•COVERS: Artist Point, Paintbrush Divide Trail, Black Canyon, Upper Geyser Basin, Morning Glory Pool, Monument Geyser, Old Faithful Inn, Jenny Lake Lodge, Mystic Falls, and Hidden Falls.
•ABOUT FODOR'S AUTHORS: Each Fodor's Travel Guide is researched and written by local experts. Fodor's has been offering expert advice for all tastes and budgets for over 80 years.
Planning to visit more national parks? Check out Fodor’s The Complete Guide to the National Parks of the West.
|Lonely Planet Yellowstone & Grand Teton National Parks (Travel Guide)
Lowest new price: $8.11
Lowest used price: $4.00
List price: $19.99
Author: Lonely Planet
Brand: Lonely Planet
Lonely Planet: The world's leading travel guide publisher
Lonely Planet Yellowstone & Grand Teton National Parks is your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Spot wolves and grizzlies in Lamar Valley, watch geysers erupt in Old Faithful and Upper Geyser Basin, or get out on the water in a kayak or canoe at Jackson Lake; all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of Yellowstone & Grand Teton National Parks and begin your journey now!
Inside the Lonely Planet Yellowstone & Grand Teton National Parks Travel Guide:
- User-friendly highlights and itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices, emergency information, park seasonality, hiking trail junctions, viewpoints, landscapes, elevations, distances, difficulty levels, and durations
- Focused on the best - hikes, drives, and cycling tours
- Honest reviews for all budgets - eating, sleeping, camping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, summer and winter activities, and hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Contextual insights give you a richer, more rewarding travel experience - history, geology, wildlife, conservation
- Over 47 full-color trail and park maps and full-color images throughout
- Useful features - Travel with Children, Clothing and Equipment, and Day and Overnight Hikes
- Covers Yellowstone National Park area, Mammoth Country, Roosevelt Country, Canyon Country, Lake Country, Norris, Geyser Country, Bechler Region, Grand Teton National Park area, Jackson and more
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet Yellowstone & Grand Teton , our most comprehensive guide to these two parks, is perfect for both exploring top sights and taking roads less travelled.
- Looking to visit more national parks? Check out USA's National Parks, a new full-color guide that covers all 59 of the USA's national parks.
Authors: Written and researched by Lonely Planet.
About Lonely Planet: Since 1973, Lonely Planet has become the world's leading travel media company with guidebooks to every destination, an award-winning website, mobile and digital travel products, and a dedicated traveler community. Lonely Planet covers must-see spots but also enables curious travelers to get off beaten paths to understand more of the culture of the places in which they find themselves.
TripAdvisor Travelers' Choice Awards winner in Favorite Travel Guide category for 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015.
- Lonely Planet Yellowstone Grand Teton National Parks
|Deep into Yellowstone: A Year's Immersion in Grandeur and Controversy
Lowest new price: $15.39
Lowest used price: $15.33
List price: $15.95
Author: Rick Lamplugh
Gold Medal winner: Independent Publisher Book Awards
Honorable Mention: 2017 INDIES Book Awards
Honorable Mention: Eric Hoffer Book Awards
Finalist: National Indie Excellence Award
Finalist: Next Generation Indie Awards
Deep into Yellowstone
is the new bestseller from the author of the Amazon bestseller In the Temple of Wolves
"Eminent naturalist and wildlife advocate Rick Lamplugh draws from a deep personal wellspring of experience and knowledge to take readers into Yellowstone's wild heart." Cristina Eisenberg, PhD, Chief Scientist, Earthwatch Institute
After living and working for three winters in Yellowstone's Lamar Valley, Rick and his wife Mary long to go deeper into Yellowstone. Finally they trust Yellowstone's pull, leave the security of their Oregon life, and relocate to Gardiner, just outside the park's north gate. Their year of immersion begins.
Deep into Yellowstone takes you along as Rick and Mary cross-country ski, hike, bicycle, canoe, and backpack through four seasons of Yellowstone's grandeur.
Along the way, Rick explains important controversies: the outrage over the removal of grizzlies from the endangered species list; the dispute over hunting park wolves along Yellowstone's border; the debate about whether wolves help or harm the ecosystem and the economy; the fight to stop the slaughter of park bison; the overuse of the park; and their community's battle to prevent gold mining right on the park's border.
If you want to visit, learn about, or protect our nation's first national park, this book is for you. Deep into Yellowstone will give you a stronger love for the park's grandeur, a deeper knowledge of the controversies threatening the park, and a clearer picture of how to protect Yellowstone.
|What I Saw in Yellowstone: A Kid's Guide to the National Park
Lowest new price: $10.16
Lowest used price: $1.51
List price: $12.95
Author: Durrae Johanek
What I Saw in Yellowstone makes it fun for young people to find and identify the park’s most frequently seen plants, animals, geothermal features, and more, whether they are driving park roads, resting at pull-offs, or hiking. The book is packed with color photos, lively descriptions, fun “guess what” factoids, and precise “where-to-see-it” directions. Readers can “check off” what they saw and write notes about when, where, and how they saw it, turning the book into a great journal of their Yellowstone trip to share with friends and classmates back home.
|Yellowstone Treasures: The Traveler's Companion to the National Park
Lowest new price: $16.08
Lowest used price: $12.21
List price: $24.95
Author: Janet Chapple
Winner, Silver Medal in the Travel Category, 2018 IBPA Benjamin Franklin Awards
This fifth edition of the popular guide to Yellowstone, the world's first national park, revises descriptions of the hot springs, geysers, and wildlife viewing spots. Mile-by-mile road logs document every approach to the park and every interior road. Through charts and explanations, readers learn of Yellowstone's campgrounds and facilities, geyser basins and the frequency of the geyser eruptions, and out-of-the-way hikes. Updates include descriptions of new lodgings, scientific information reflecting recent research, 65 new color photos, and revised maps. A field guide to the animals and plants, a selected reading list, and a 21-page index round out this comprehensive guidebook.
|Moon Montana & Wyoming (Travel Guide)
Lowest new price: $13.87
Lowest used price: $6.48
List price: $21.99
Author: Carter G. Walker
Moon Montana & Wyoming guides you to the best of the wild west, revealing the untold adventures that await under the vast country sky. Inside you'll find:
- Strategic, flexible itineraries for visiting both states, including Yellowstone, Glacier, and Grand Teton national parks, curated for outdoor adventurers, history buffs, and more
- The best road trips in Montana and Wyoming, from a 14-day Greater Yellowstone loop to a 7-day Glacier road trip
- Must-see highlights and unique experiences: Hit the road to see the stunning scenery of the national parks, and stop in towns where the old West is alive and well. Spot wildlife like wolves, elk, moose, bison, and black bears, go whitewater rafting or kayaking, or drive the famed Going-to-the-Sun Road. Hike to roaring waterfalls, breathtaking vistas, and secluded lakes. Learn about the region's important Native American history, discover authentic cowboy culture, or sample the best of western cuisine in Jackson Hole, from locally raised bison burgers to huckleberry pie
- Honest advice from former wilderness guide and longtime Montana local Carter G. Walker on where to stay, where to eat, and how to get around
- Full-color photos and detailed maps throughout
- Background information on the landscape, wildlife, history, and local culture
- Recommendations for families, LGBTQ+ travelers, and travelers with disabilities
With Moon Montana & Wyoming's practical advice and local insight, you can plan your trip your way.
Focusing on the national parks? Try Moon Glacier National Park or Moon Yellowstone & Grand Teton.
|In the Temple of Wolves: A Winter's Immersion in Wild Yellowstone
Lowest new price: $13.18
Lowest used price: $13.55
List price: $13.95
Author: Rick Lamplugh
This Amazon best seller is written by a wolf advocate who spent three winters living and working in a remote corner of Yellowstone National Park, home to some of the best wolf watching in the world.
"... the perfect read for all who dream of wolves, winter and wilderness. Though Rick doesn't shy from exposing the unsettling realities of the natural world and wildlife tourism, his skilled balance of humor, reverence and natural history enlightens and entertains..."
Andrea Lankford, author of Ranger Confidential
When Rick Lamplugh reports for work at the historic Lamar Buffalo Ranch on New Year's Eve, he has one goal: to learn as much as possible about the ecology of the Lamar Valley and how wolves fit in. He has three frigid months to explore on skis and snowshoes, to observe with all his senses, and to listen to and talk with experts.
Lamplugh's writing takes you with him as he watches winter-hungry elk and bison migrate to the Lamar Valley to graze. As wolves, coyotes, and mountain lions stalk the grazers while eagles, ravens, and magpies wait to scavenge. As the snowy backdrop brings this saga of death and life into sharp focus and makes it unforgettable.
A literary blend of facts and feelings, In the Temple of Wolves celebrates nature's stark beauty and the importance of wolves, while revealing Lamplugh's inner battles with his own human nature.
|Lonely Planet USA's National Parks (Travel Guide)
Lowest new price: $10.19
Lowest used price: $6.16
List price: $24.99
Author: Lonely Planet
Brand: LONELY PLANET PUBLICATIONS
Lonely Planet: The world's leading travel guide publisher
Lonely Planet USA's National Parks is your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you in all 59 of the USA's nationally protected lands. Catch the country's 'first sunrise' from the top of Cadillac Mountain in Acadia, take the drive of your life on the Going-to-the-Sun Road in Glacier, and climb the otherworldly rocks of Joshua Tree; all with your trusted travel companion. Discover USA's natural treasures and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet USA's National Parks:
- Full-color trail and park maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots and being safe and responsible
- Essential info at your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, prices, transit tips, emergency information, park seasonality, and hiking trail junctions, viewpoints, landscapes, elevations, distances, difficulty levels, durations
- Honest reviews for all budgets - eating, sleeping, camping, sight-seeing, shopping, going out, tours, activities, summer and winter activities, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Contextual insights give you a richer and more rewarding travel experience - history, geology, wildlife, conservation
- Useful features - including Driving Tours, Travel with Children, and Day and Overnight Hikes
- Coverage of all 59 parks in the USA including Acadia, Everglades, Glacier, Grand Canyon, Great Smoky Mountains & Shenandoah, Joshua Tree & Death Valley, Olympic & Mount Rainier, Rocky Mountain, Yellowstone & Grand Teton, Yosemite, Zion & Bryce Canyon, and more
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet USA's National Parks, our easy-to-use guide, is perfect for those looking for a one-stop tool that helps you prepare for many trips to various national parks.
- Looking for more focused coverage on North America's top eleven national parks? Check out Lonely Planet Yellowstone & Grand Teton National Parks, Lonely Planet Grand Canyon National Park, Lonely Planet Yosemite, Sequoia & King's Canyon National Parks, Lonely Planet Zion & Bryce Canyon National Parks, and Lonely Planet Banff, Jasper and Glacier National Parks for comprehensive looks at all that each park has to offer.
About Lonely Planet: Started in 1973, Lonely Planet has become the world's leading travel guide publisher with guidebooks to every destination on the planet, as well as an award-winning website, a suite of mobile and digital travel products, and a dedicated traveler community. Lonely Planet's mission is to enable curious travelers to experience the world and to truly get to the heart of the places they find themselves in.
TripAdvisor Travelers' Choice Awards 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, and 2016 winner in Favorite Travel Guide category
'Lonely Planet guides are, quite simply, like no other.' - New York Times
'Lonely Planet. It's on everyone's bookshelves; it's in every traveller's hands. It's on mobile phones. It's on the Internet. It's everywhere, and it's telling entire generations of people how to travel the world.' - Fairfax Media (Australia)
- LONELY PLANET PUBLICATIONS
|National Parks 2019 Wall Calendar
Lowest new price: $10.77
Lowest used price: $10.69
List price: $14.99
Author: Willow Creek Press
Brand: Willow Creek Press
Here is the beauty and grandeur of Yellowstone, Denali, Yosemite, the Grand Canyon, the Great Smoky Mountains and more. Twelve splendid scenic photographs display the diversity of our treasured National Parks. The large format wall calendar features daily grids with ample room for jotting appointments, birthdays and personal reminders. Also includes six bonus months of July through December 2018; moon phases and U.S. and international holidays.
- Full-color images
- 12-month wall calendar
- 7" x 14" open
Page 2 of 61
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED AS IS AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.