|Browse by Catagory:
Civil Rights & Liberties
War & Peace
Cajun & Creole Cooking
Caribbean & West Indian Cooking
Diabetic & Sugar-Free Cooking
Low Fat Cooking
Middle Eastern Cooking
Pacific Rim Cooking
Home & Garden
Literature & Fiction
Sheet Music & Scores
Environmental & Natural Resources Law
Ethics & Professional Responsibility
Procedures & Litigation
Water Supply & Land Use
Lawyer and Crimal Humor
Outdoors & Nature
Hiking & Camping
Hunting & Fishing
Beer & Beer Making
Health & Fitness
Diets & Weight Loss
Children's Science & Nature
Vitamins & Supplements
Psychology and Counseling
Philosophy of Psychology
Physiological Aspects of Psychology
Psychology of Sexuality
Psychology Testing & Measurement
Chaos & Systems
Geometry & Topology
Logic & Brain Teasers
Chaos & Systems
Geometry & Topology
Probability & Statistics
Experiments, Instruments & Measurement
Chaos & Systems
Fusion & Fission
Nuclear Magnetic Resonance
Waves & Wave Mechanics
Administration & Policy
Allied Health Professions
Medical Education & Training
Endocrinology & Metabolism
Physician & Patient
Insects & Spiders
Fish & Aquariums
Mobile & Wireless Computing: Programming
Linux Kernel & Peripherals
Linux Networking & Administration
State & Local History
Sci Fi Calendars
Bujold, Lois McMaster
Card, Orson Scott
Chalker, Jack L.
Heinlein, Robert A.
McKillip, Patricia A.
Nye, Jody Lynn
|Ranger Confidential: Living, Working, And Dying In The National Parks
Lowest new price: $7.45
Lowest used price: $3.03
List price: $16.95
Author: Andrea Lankford
Brand: Globe Pequot Press
For twelve years, Andrea Lankford lived in the biggest, most impressive national parks in the world, working a job she loved. She chaperoned baby sea turtles on their journey to sea. She pursued bad guys on her galloping patrol horse. She jumped into rescue helicopters bound for the heart of the Grand Canyon. She won arguments with bears. She slept with a few too many rattlesnakes.
Hell yeah, it was the best job in the world! Fortunately, Andrea survived it.
In this graphic and yet surprisingly funny account of her and others’ extraordinary careers, Lankford unveils a world in which park rangers struggle to maintain their idealism in the face of death, disillusionment, and the loss of a comrade killed while holding that thin green line between protecting the park from the people, the people from the park, and the people from each other. Ranger Confidential is the story behind the scenery of the nation’s crown jewels—Yosemite, Grand Canyon, Yellowstone, Great Smokies, Denali. In these iconic landscapes, where nature and humanity constantly collide, scenery can be as cruel as it is redemptive.
- Andrea Lankford
- Adventure Narrative
- Ranger Confidential
- 102812 Has limited quantity available
|Moon Montana & Wyoming (Travel Guide)
Lowest new price: $13.04
Lowest used price: $9.86
List price: $21.99
Author: Carter G. Walker
Moon Montana & Wyoming guides you to the best of the wild west, revealing the untold adventures that await under the vast country sky. Inside you'll find:
- Strategic, flexible itineraries for visiting both states, including Yellowstone, Glacier, and Grand Teton national parks, curated for outdoor adventurers, history buffs, and more
- The best road trips in Montana and Wyoming, from a 14-day Greater Yellowstone loop to a 7-day Glacier road trip
- Must-see highlights and unique experiences: Hit the road to see the stunning scenery of the national parks, and stop in towns where the old West is alive and well. Spot wildlife like wolves, elk, moose, bison, and black bears, go whitewater rafting or kayaking, or drive the famed Going-to-the-Sun Road. Hike to roaring waterfalls, breathtaking vistas, and secluded lakes. Learn about the region's important Native American history, discover authentic cowboy culture, or sample the best of western cuisine in Jackson Hole, from locally raised bison burgers to huckleberry pie
- Honest advice from former wilderness guide and longtime Montana local Carter G. Walker on where to stay, where to eat, and how to get around
- Full-color photos and detailed maps throughout
- Background information on the landscape, wildlife, history, and local culture
- Recommendations for families, LGBTQ+ travelers, and travelers with disabilities
With Moon Montana & Wyoming's practical advice and local insight, you can plan your trip your way.
Focusing on the national parks? Try Moon Glacier National Park or Moon Yellowstone & Grand Teton.
|We Stood Upon Stars: Finding God in Lost Places
Lowest new price: $6.33
Lowest used price: $4.14
List price: $15.99
Author: Roger W. Thompson
Brand: WaterBrook Press
Get Lost. . . and Find What Really Matters
We are made for freedom and adventure, friendship and romance. Yet too much of life is spent unfulfilled at work, restless at home, and bored at church. All the while knowing there is something more. You’ll find some of life’s best moments waiting for you over a campfire, on a river—even in that coffee shop or brewery you didn’t know you’d discover along the way. It’s time to begin the search.
In the literary spirit of well-worn tales about America’s open road, this poetic, honest, often hilarious collection of essays shows how to embark on adventures that kindle spiritual reflection, personal growth, and deeper family connections.
From surfing California’s coastlines, stargazing southwestern deserts, and fly-fishing in remote mountains of Montana, you’ll be inspired to follow the author’s footsteps and use the hand-drawn maps from each chapter to plan your own trips. There you will hear God’s voice – and it may help you find what you’re searching for.
“We search mountaintops and valleys, deserts and oceans, hoping sunrises and long views through the canyons will help us discover who we are, or who we still want to be. The language of our hearts reflects that of creation because in both are fingerprints of God.”
—Roger W. Thompson
|Best Easy Day Hikes Yellowstone National Park (Best Easy Day Hikes Series)
Lowest new price: $5.00
Lowest used price: $3.08
List price: $9.95
Author: Bill Schneider
Brand: Globe Pequot Press
Model: Falcon Guides
Yellowstone National Park is one of the great outdoor destinations on the planet, with spectacular vistas, intriguing geology, and abundant and varied wildlife. This updated and revised edition, published in a convenient, pocket-size format, describes 30 of the best day hikes in the park.
- Rockies Hiking/Backpacking Guides
- Bedh Yellowstone 3Rd
- Bill Schneider
|Our National Parks
Lowest new price: $11.48
Lowest used price: $9.95
List price: $16.99
Author: John Muir
For every person who has experienced the beauty of the mountains and felt humbled by comparison.
John Muir’s Our National Parks—reissued to encourage, and inspire travelers, campers, and contemporary naturalists—is as profound for readers today as it was in 1901.
Take in John Muir’s detailed observations of the sights, scents, sounds, and textures of Yosemite, Yellowstone, and forest reservations of the West. Be reminded (as Muir sagely puts), “Wildness is a necessity; and that mountain parks and reservations are useful not only as fountains of timber and irrigating rivers, but as fountains of life.”
John Muir’s warmth, humor, and passionate advocacy for these public lands is enough to spur any reader on to plan a National Parks adventure of their own.
John Muir was a Scottish-born American naturalist, author, early advocate of preservation of wilderness in the United States, and founder of The Sierra Club. His letters, essays, and books of his adventures in nature have been read by millions.
|Frommer's Yellowstone and Grand Teton National Parks (Complete Guide)
Lowest new price: $8.20
Lowest used price: $9.86
List price: $17.95
Author: Elisabeth Kwak-Hefferan
Frommer's guidebooks, unlike those of many of our competitors, are written by local experts (not outsiders)―like Elisabeth Kwak-Hefferan, a Montana resident, naturalist, and noted travel journalist. In this handy, pocket-size book, she'll help you sort through all the options, so you can tailor an adventure that's right for you.
This guide contains:
• Insider advice on the best ways to experience some of the country's most dazzling natural landscapes, including tips on the best views, the best backcountry trails, the best scenic drives, and the best activities outside of the parks
• Insightful commentary on park landmarks and specific trails, from the majestic Old Faithful Geyser to the iconic, multicolored Mammoth Hot Springs to the solitary Signal Mountain Summit Trail
• Detailed practical information, including tips on safety, advice for beginning backpackers, and when and where to go to avoid crowds
• Opinionated write-ups of hotels, campgrounds, and restaurants―no bland descriptions or lukewarm recommendations here
• Exact prices listed for every establishment and activity, so there's no guessing or nasty surprises
• Helpful maps throughout
|Moon USA National Parks: The Complete Guide to All 59 Parks (Travel Guide)
Lowest new price: $16.37
List price: $24.99
Author: Becky Lomax
They've been dubbed America's best idea for a reason: get inspired, get outdoors, and discover the wild beauty of the United States with Moon USA National Parks. Inside you'll find:
Whether you're trekking to striking vistas, rafting a wild river, or camping under the stars, find your park adventure with Moon USA National Parks.
- Coverage of all 59 national parks, from the misty mountains of the east and the redwoods of the west, to the glaciers of Alaska and volcanoes of Hawaii, organized by region
- Strategic lists and itineraries: Choose from lists of the best parks for hiking, wildlife, families, and scenic drives, or make your way down the list of the top ten national parks experiences across the country
- The best outdoor adventures in every park, including backpacking, biking, mountain climbing, kayaking, rafting, and more, plus detailed hike descriptions and trail maps marked with distance, duration, effort level, and trailheads
- National parks road trips with driving times and advice for linking multiple parks, interesting stops between them, and nearby attractions and state parks
- Comprehensive planning resources: With detailed maps and transportation tips, you'll have the tools to explore each park or region individually, or visit multiple for an epic national parks trip
- Expert advice from former park guide Becky Lomax on how to avoid crowds, what time of year to visit, and where to stay inside and outside the parks, from campgrounds to hotels
- Know before you go: Find essential background on climate, terrain, wildlife, history, and safety precautions, plus practical information on park fees, passes, and reservations, including how to obtain and use a National Parks Pass
- Gorgeous, full-color photos throughout, plus a handy keepsake section for your national parks stamps and a detachable fold-out poster map
For more in-depth information on a specific park, check out Moon's national parks travel guides.
|Top Trails: Yellowstone and Grand Teton National Parks: 46 Must-Do Hikes for Everyone
Lowest new price: $10.57
Lowest used price: $8.03
List price: $18.95
Author: Andrew Dean Nystrom
Brand: Wilderness Press
Hike, backpack, or ride horseback―there’s a trail for you.
Yellowstone and Grand Teton National Parks offer the ultimate in natural and geothermal wonders: backcountry lakes, panoramic summits, glacier-carved canyons, steaming geyser basins, and vast meadows teeming with wildlife. Top Trails: Yellowstone and Grand Teton National Parks by experienced outdoors authors Andrew Dean Nystrom and Bradley Mayhew contains 46 “must-do” trips, from Mammoth Hot Springs to Old Faithful, from the Absarokas to the Gallatin Range, and from Jackson Hole to the Teton Crest Trail. Book features include “don’t get lost” trail milestones, innovative trail-feature tables, elevation profiles, detailed maps, driving directions, and more. In keeping with the tradition of the Top Trails series, this updated guide maximizes readers’ time and enjoyment of Yellowstone National Park and Grand Teton National Park.
- Top Trails Yellowstone/tetons
|What I Saw in Yellowstone: A Kid's Guide to the National Park
Lowest new price: $9.84
Lowest used price: $1.99
List price: $12.95
Author: Durrae Johanek
What I Saw in Yellowstone makes it fun for young people to find and identify the park’s most frequently seen plants, animals, geothermal features, and more, whether they are driving park roads, resting at pull-offs, or hiking. The book is packed with color photos, lively descriptions, fun “guess what” factoids, and precise “where-to-see-it” directions. Readers can “check off” what they saw and write notes about when, where, and how they saw it, turning the book into a great journal of their Yellowstone trip to share with friends and classmates back home.
|Deep into Yellowstone: A Year's Immersion in Grandeur and Controversy
Lowest new price: $15.38
Lowest used price: $15.33
List price: $15.95
Author: Rick Lamplugh
Gold Medal winner: Independent Publisher Book Awards
Honorable Mention: 2017 INDIES Book Awards
Honorable Mention: Eric Hoffer Book Awards
Finalist: National Indie Excellence Award
Finalist: Next Generation Indie Awards
Deep into Yellowstone
is the new bestseller from the author of the Amazon bestseller In the Temple of Wolves
"Eminent naturalist and wildlife advocate Rick Lamplugh draws from a deep personal wellspring of experience and knowledge to take readers into Yellowstone's wild heart." Cristina Eisenberg, PhD, Chief Scientist, Earthwatch Institute
After living and working for three winters in Yellowstone's Lamar Valley, Rick and his wife Mary long to go deeper into Yellowstone. Finally they trust Yellowstone's pull, leave the security of their Oregon life, and relocate to Gardiner, just outside the park's north gate. Their year of immersion begins.
Deep into Yellowstone takes you along as Rick and Mary cross-country ski, hike, bicycle, canoe, and backpack through four seasons of Yellowstone's grandeur.
Along the way, Rick explains important controversies: the outrage over the removal of grizzlies from the endangered species list; the dispute over hunting park wolves along Yellowstone's border; the debate about whether wolves help or harm the ecosystem and the economy; the fight to stop the slaughter of park bison; the overuse of the park; and their community's battle to prevent gold mining right on the park's border.
If you want to visit, learn about, or protect our nation's first national park, this book is for you. Deep into Yellowstone will give you a stronger love for the park's grandeur, a deeper knowledge of the controversies threatening the park, and a clearer picture of how to protect Yellowstone.
Page 2 of 61
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED AS IS AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.