|Browse by Catagory:
Civil Rights & Liberties
War & Peace
Cajun & Creole Cooking
Caribbean & West Indian Cooking
Diabetic & Sugar-Free Cooking
Low Fat Cooking
Middle Eastern Cooking
Pacific Rim Cooking
Home & Garden
Literature & Fiction
Sheet Music & Scores
Environmental & Natural Resources Law
Ethics & Professional Responsibility
Procedures & Litigation
Water Supply & Land Use
Lawyer and Crimal Humor
Outdoors & Nature
Hiking & Camping
Hunting & Fishing
Beer & Beer Making
Health & Fitness
Diets & Weight Loss
Children's Science & Nature
Vitamins & Supplements
Psychology and Counseling
Philosophy of Psychology
Physiological Aspects of Psychology
Psychology of Sexuality
Psychology Testing & Measurement
Chaos & Systems
Geometry & Topology
Logic & Brain Teasers
Chaos & Systems
Geometry & Topology
Probability & Statistics
Experiments, Instruments & Measurement
Chaos & Systems
Fusion & Fission
Nuclear Magnetic Resonance
Waves & Wave Mechanics
Administration & Policy
Allied Health Professions
Medical Education & Training
Endocrinology & Metabolism
Physician & Patient
Insects & Spiders
Fish & Aquariums
Mobile & Wireless Computing: Programming
Linux Kernel & Peripherals
Linux Networking & Administration
State & Local History
Sci Fi Calendars
Bujold, Lois McMaster
Card, Orson Scott
Chalker, Jack L.
Heinlein, Robert A.
McKillip, Patricia A.
Nye, Jody Lynn
|50 Things To See With A Small Telescope
Lowest new price: $8.96
Lowest used price: $8.57
List price: $9.95
Author: John A Read
Brand: John A Read
Revised in 2017 and translated into ten languages, 50 Things to See with a Small Telescope explores the planets, stars, galaxies and nebulae observed at stargazing events around the globe. The book includes easy to follow star maps and eclipse charts updated through the year 2030. With the "Telescope View" feature, you will see how objects appear when viewed through a small telescope. If you are having trouble enjoying your small telescope, this book is for you.
Here are some of the other objects this book will help you explore:
- Globular Clusters
- Asteroids Ceres and Vesta
- The International Space Station
- Iridium Flares
I am very excited to share my knowledge of astronomy and I am sure you will enjoy this book for years to come.
- 50 Things to See with a Small Telescope
|Why We Sleep: Unlocking the Power of Sleep and Dreams
Lowest new price: $17.70
Lowest used price: $17.69
List price: $27.00
Author: Matthew Walker PhD
A New York Times bestseller
The first sleep book by a leading scientific expert—Professor Matthew Walker, Director of UC Berkeley’s Sleep and Neuroimaging Lab—reveals his groundbreaking exploration of sleep, explaining how we can harness its transformative power to change our lives for the better.
Sleep is one of the most important but least understood aspects of our life, wellness, and longevity. Until very recently, science had no answer to the question of why we sleep, or what good it served, or why we suffer such devastating health consequences when we don't sleep. Compared to the other basic drives in life—eating, drinking, and reproducing—the purpose of sleep remained elusive.
An explosion of scientific discoveries in the last twenty years has shed new light on this fundamental aspect of our lives. Now, preeminent neuroscientist and sleep expert Matthew Walker gives us a new understanding of the vital importance of sleep and dreaming. Within the brain, sleep enriches our ability to learn, memorize, and make logical decisions. It recalibrates our emotions, restocks our immune system, fine-tunes our metabolism, and regulates our appetite. Dreaming mollifies painful memories and creates a virtual reality space in which the brain melds past and present knowledge to inspire creativity.
Walker answers important questions about sleep: how do caffeine and alcohol affect sleep? What really happens during REM sleep? Why do our sleep patterns change across a lifetime? How do common sleep aids affect us and can they do long-term damage? Charting cutting-edge scientific breakthroughs, and synthesizing decades of research and clinical practice, Walker explains how we can harness sleep to improve learning, mood, and energy levels; regulate hormones; prevent cancer, Alzheimer’s, and diabetes; slow the effects of aging; increase longevity; enhance the education and lifespan of our children, and boost the efficiency, success, and productivity of our businesses. Clear-eyed, fascinating, and accessible, Why We Sleep is a crucial and illuminating book.
|Oh Say Can You Say Di-no-saur?: All About Dinosaurs (Cat in the Hat's Learning Library)
Lowest new price: $4.00
Lowest used price: $0.10
List price: $9.99
Author: Bonnie Worth
Brand: Random House Books for Young Readers
The Cat in the Hat makes another surprise appearance at Dick and Sally's house--only this time he makes his entrance riding atop a brachiosaurus! Soon, he's off, along with Dick and Sally, millions of years back in time to see how fossils were created. Then it's on to a tour through the Cat's own Super Dino Museum--a fabulous place where the correct pronunciation of a dinosaur's name wins you a peek at the real living thing! Beginning readers will love exploring the prehistoric world of dinosaurs with the Cat in the Hat as their guide!
|Adult Coloring Book: Butterflies and Flowers : Stress Relieving Patterns (Volume 7)
Lowest new price: $5.39
Lowest used price: $3.99
List price: $5.99
Author: Cherina Kohey
Important Note : This book Exclusively for Amazon Prime. If you found any seller sell lower price than Amazon Prime.It's not my book with rights. Love Cherina Kohey
Coloring time is calming time! This is my special coloring book. It’s perfect gift for the “Butterflies and Flowers”. You will found 30 designs of different dimension of butterflies and flowers such as cute butterflies, art butterflies, creative butterflies, graphic butterflies and etc. range in complexity from beginner to expert-level. Let’s join millions of adults all around the world who are rediscovering the simple relaxation and joy of coloring!. Please enjoys!!
- Adult Coloring Book: Island Dreams: Vacation, Summer and Beach: Dream and Relax with Gorgeous Illustrations
- Adult Coloring Book: Stress Relieving Animal Designs
- Coloring Book for Adults: Amazing Swirls
- Artlicious - 50 Premium Distinct Colored Pencils for Adult Coloring Books - Bonus Sharpener - Color Names on Pencils
- Adult Coloring Book Designs: Stress Relief Coloring Book: Garden Designs, Mandalas, Animals, and Paisley Patterns
- Coloring Books for Adults Relaxation: Adult Coloring Books: Flowers, Animals and Garden Designs
- Adult Coloring Book: Stress Relieving Animal Designs
- Crayola Colored Pencils, 50 Count Set, Pre-sharpened
- Butterfly Garden: Beautiful Butterflies and Flowers Patterns For Relaxation, Fun, and Stress Relief, Vol. 10 (Adult Coloring Books - Art Therapy for The Mind) (Volume 11)
- Creative Haven Owls Coloring Book (Adult Coloring)
|Coyote Peterson’s Brave Adventures: Wild Animals in a Wild World
Lowest new price: $13.84
Lowest used price: $11.86
List price: $19.95
Author: Coyote Peterson
Brand: Peterson Coyote
#1 Bookscan in Juvenile Non-fiction! ─ Be Brave… Stay Wild!
Animal Stories for Kids: Coyote Peterson's Brave Adventures: Wild Animals in a Wild World chronicles some of the wildest encounters Coyote Peterson has had over the course of his travels. The stories begin with his first snapping turtle catch as a kid and lead down a trail of incredible moments he and his camera crew have had while filming their Brave Wilderness shows. From a giant alligator that nearly caught Coyote in its bone crushing jaws, to an 800 pound Grizzly Bear that helped him teach the audience what to do and NOT do if you ever encounter one of these enormous predators in the wild, every tale is laced with fast paced action and daring adventure. With the presence of danger often looming for Coyote, each story reminds the reader that animals rule the wild places of this planet, and if we respect them from a safe distance, even the most frightening creatures are more likely to be afraid of us than we should ever be of them.
Exciting animal stories for kids of all ages: This collection of short stories aims to give the reader a first-person perspective into some of Coyote’s most harrowing and heartwarming adventures.
- Coyote Peterson s Brave Adventures Wild Animals in a Wild World
|The Evolution of Beauty: How Darwin's Forgotten Theory of Mate Choice Shapes the Animal World - and Us
Lowest new price: $28.50
Lowest used price: $64.26
List price: $30.00
Author: Richard O. Prum
NAMED A BEST BOOK OF THE YEAR BY THE NEW YORK TIMES BOOK REVIEW, SMITHSONIAN, AND WALL STREET JOURNAL
A major reimagining of how evolutionary forces work, revealing how mating preferences—what Darwin termed "the taste for the beautiful"—create the extraordinary range of ornament in the animal world.
In the great halls of science, dogma holds that Darwin's theory of natural selection explains every branch on the tree of life: which species thrive, which wither away to extinction, and what features each evolves. But can adaptation by natural selection really account for everything we see in nature?
Yale University ornithologist Richard Prum—reviving Darwin's own views—thinks not. Deep in tropical jungles around the world are birds with a dizzying array of appearances and mating displays: Club-winged Manakins who sing with their wings, Great Argus Pheasants who dazzle prospective mates with a four-foot-wide cone of feathers covered in golden 3D spheres, Red-capped Manakins who moonwalk. In thirty years of fieldwork, Prum has seen numerous display traits that seem disconnected from, if not outright contrary to, selection for individual survival. To explain this, he dusts off Darwin's long-neglected theory of sexual selection in which the act of choosing a mate for purely aesthetic reasons—for the mere pleasure of it—is an independent engine of evolutionary change.
Mate choice can drive ornamental traits from the constraints of adaptive evolution, allowing them to grow ever more elaborate. It also sets the stakes for sexual conflict, in which the sexual autonomy of the female evolves in response to male sexual control. Most crucially, this framework provides important insights into the evolution of human sexuality, particularly the ways in which female preferences have changed male bodies, and even maleness itself, through evolutionary time.
The Evolution of Beauty presents a unique scientific vision for how nature's splendor contributes to a more complete understanding of evolution and of ourselves.
|The Drunken Botanist
Lowest new price: $14.21
Lowest used price: $8.43
List price: $22.95
Author: Amy Stewart
Brand: Algonquin Books of Chapel Hill
A New York Times Bestseller
Sake began with a grain of rice. Scotch emerged from barley, tequila from agave, rum from sugarcane, bourbon from corn. Thirsty yet? In The Drunken Botanist, Amy Stewart explores the dizzying array of herbs, flowers, trees, fruits, and fungi that humans have, through ingenuity, inspiration, and sheer desperation, contrived to transform into alcohol over the centuries.
Of all the extraordinary and obscure plants that have been fermented and distilled, a few are dangerous, some are downright bizarre, and one is as ancient as dinosaurs--but each represents a unique cultural contribution to our global drinking traditions and our history.
This fascinating concoction of biology, chemistry, history, etymology, and mixology--with more than fifty drink recipes and growing tips for gardeners--will make you the most popular guest at any cocktail party.
(from the catalog)
An Amazon Best Book of the Month, March 2013: Peppered with fascinating facts and well-chosen anecdotes, Amy Stewart’s brisk tour of the origin of spirits acquaints the curious cocktail fan with every conceivable ingredient. Starting with the classics (from agave to wheat), she touches on obscure sources--including a tree that dates to the dinosaur age--before delving into the herbs, spices, flowers, trees, fruits, and nuts that give the world’s greatest drinks distinctive flavors. Along the way, you’ll enjoy sidebars on bugs in booze and inspired drink recipes with backstories that make lively cocktail party conversation. Like Wicked Plants, this delightfully informative, handsome volume isn’t intended as a complete reference or DIY guide, but it will demystify and heighten your appreciation of every intoxicating plant you imbibe. --Mari Malcolm
- Over 50 cocktail recipes
- Tips on growing and making drinks with herbs, fruits, and veggies
- Making cocktails from the ground up
|Programming Arduino: Getting Started with Sketches, Second Edition (Tab)
Lowest new price: $7.79
Lowest used price: $7.50
List price: $15.00
Author: Simon Monk
Brand: McGraw-Hill Education Tab
Program Arduino with ease!
This thoroughly updated guide shows, step-by-step, how to quickly program all Arduino models. Programming Arduino: Getting Started with Sketches, Second Edition, features easy-to-follow explanations, fun examples, and downloadable sample programs. Discover how to write basic sketches, use Arduino’s modified C language, store data, and interface with the Web. You will also get hands-on coverage of C++, library writing, and programming Arduino for the Internet of Things. No prior programming experience is required!
• Understand Arduino hardware fundamentals
• Set up the software, power up your Arduino, and start uploading sketches
• Learn C language basics
• Add functions, arrays, and strings to your sketches
• Program Arduino’s digital and analog inputs and outputs
• Use functions from the standard Arduino library
• Write sketches that can store data
• Interface with displays, including OLEDs and LCDs
• Connect to the Internet and configure Arduino as a Web server
• Develop interesting programs for the Internet of Things
• Write your own Arduino libraries and use object-oriented programming methods
- McGraw-Hill Education Tab
- Elegoo Upgraded 37 in 1 Sensor Modules Kit with Tutorial for Arduino UNO R3 MEGA 2560 Nano 2016 new version
- Elegoo UNO Project Super Starter Kit with Tutorial for Arduino
- Elegoo Mega 2560 Project The Most Complete Ultimate Starter Kit w/ TUTORIAL for Arduino Mega2560 UNO Nano
- Elegoo 37-in-1 Sensor Module Kit for Arduino UNO R3, MEGA, NANO
- Elegoo UNO R3 Project Complete Starter Kit with Tutorial for Arduino (63 Items)
- Programming Arduino Next Steps: Going Further with Sketches
- Arduino Project Handbook: 25 Practical Projects to Get You Started
- Elegoo UNO R3 2.8 Inches TFT Touch Screen with SD Card Socket w/ All Technical Data in CD for Arduino UNO R3
- Arduino For Dummies
- UNO Project Super Starter Kit for Arduino w/ UNO R3 Development Board, LCD1602, Membrane Switch, Servo, Stepper Motor, Joystick, Power Supply Adapter, DHT11, IR Receiver, Detailed Tutorial
|The Big Book of Kombucha: Brewing, Flavoring, and Enjoying the Health Benefits of Fermented Tea
Lowest new price: $13.86
Lowest used price: $16.17
List price: $24.95
Author: Hannah Crum
Brand: Storey Publishing
2016 Silver Nautilus Book Award Winner
Brew your own kombucha at home! With more than 400 recipes, including 268 unique flavor combinations, you can get exactly the taste you want — for a fraction of the store-bought price. This complete guide, from the proprietors of Kombucha Kamp, shows you how to do it from start to finish, with illustrated step-by-step instructions and troubleshooting tips. The book also includes information on the many health benefits of kombucha, fascinating details of the drink’s history, and recipes for delicious foods and drinks you can make with kombucha (including some irresistible cocktails!).
“This is the one go-to resource for all things kombucha.”
— Andrew Zimmern, James Beard Award–winning author and host of Travel Channel’s Bizarre Foods
- 268 flavor combinations!
- In-depth brewing techniques
- Recipes for cooking with kombucha, smoothies, cocktails, and more
- Kombucha Brewing Kit with Organic Kombucha Scoby. Includes Glass Brew Jar, Organic Kombucha Loose Leaf Tea, Temperature Gauge, Organic Sugar and More!
- Deluxe Kombucha Brewing Kit - Six Swing Top Bottles, Stainless Steel Funnel, Custom Bottle Brush & Our Original Brewing Kit
- 1 X Organic Kombucha Scoby - Live Culture by Scoby Kombucha
- Kombucha SCOBY & Starter Tea-Live Starter Culture - Organic Raw, 9 ounces
- Fermented Vegetables: Creative Recipes for Fermenting 64 Vegetables & Herbs in Krauts, Kimchis, Brined Pickles, Chutneys, Relishes & Pastes
- Kombucha Revolution: 75 Recipes for Homemade Brews, Fixers, Elixirs, and Mixers
- Poseymom Kombucha Scoby and 1/2 Cup Starter Tea
- Poseymom KOMBUCHA Tea CULTURE (Large SCOBY With one Cup of Strong STARTER TEA - Makes 1 Gallon)
- Kombucha Loose Leaf Black and Green Tea 50/50 Blend, 120 Servings, 4-Ounces Keemun Black & China Young Hyson Green Tea for Brewing Kombucha (8-Ounces Total)
- Kombucha, Kefir, and Beyond: A Fun and Flavorful Guide to Fermenting Your Own Probiotic Beverages at Home
|2018 Animal Memes Wall Calendar (Mead)
Lowest new price: $6.35
List price: $9.99
Need a laugh? Enjoy these monthly viral images of animals and share with your friends.
Page 1 of 185670
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED AS IS AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.