|Browse by Catagory:
Digital Cameras: SLRs
Digital Camera Batteries
Digital Camera Lenses
Medium Format Cameras
Large Format Cameras
Medium Format Lenses
Large Format Lenses
Cases & Bags
Laptop Sleeves & Slipcases
Englargers & Accessories
Darkroom Air & Temperature Regulators
Photo Printer Paper
Frames & Albums
Accessories & Supplies
Portable CD Players
Car Audio & Video
Car Speakers & Subwoofers
Complete Audio Systems
Remote Car Alarms
Vehicle Backup Cameras
Computers -- Blank Media
Computers -- Blu-ray Media
Computers -- CD-R Media
Computers -- DVD+R Media
Computers -- DVD+RW Media
Computers -- DVD-R Media
Computers -- Processors
Computer & Monitor Mounts
Racks & Cabinets
GPS & Navigation
Marine GPS Chart Plotters
Specialty Outdoor Gear
Handhelds & PDAs
Receivers & Amplifiers
Portable Audio & Video
Digital Video Recorders
Portable DVD Players
Wireless Access Points
Batteries & Chargers
Uninterrupted Power Supplies
USB Flash Drives
Tape Backup Devices
DDR & Rambus
Memory Cards & Readers
Memory Card Readers
Memory Card Adaptors
Micro SD Cards
SecureDigital (SD) Cards
MP3 & Digital Audio
MP3 Player Accessories
Digital Voice Recorders
Sirius Satellite Radio
Electronics & Photo
|Celestron 21035 70mm Travel Scope
Lowest new price: $59.99
List price: $89.95
"The Travel Scope 70 is a refractor telescope perfect for terrestrial and celestial viewing on the go. The Travel Scope can view the planets, moon, star clusters and brighter deep sky objects like the Orion Nebula and Andromeda Galaxy at night and with the erect image star diagonal makes the optical tube ideal for using as a spotting scope during the day. Setting up the telescope is a breeze and will have you observing in no time. Even on your first time out, you can assemble the telescope and its accessories in just a few minutes. The adjustable tripod legs allow you to customize the telescope’s height or place it on raised surfaces like a picnic table. The total telescope kit weighs in at just 3.3 pounds—perfect for impromptu observing sessions or transporting wherever life’s adventures take you. Manual Alt-Azimuth telescope - Navigate the sky with a pan handle Alt-Az control with clutch for smooth and accurate pointing. Move the clutch in an up/down, left/right fashion to track your object in the eyepiece. Accessories Included - The TravelScope 70 comes with two eyepieces (20 mm and 10 mm), 45° erect image diagonal, finderscope, and a travel backpack. The two eyepieces offer different magnifications to view your intended object. The erect image diagonal allows for right-side-up viewing ideal for terrestrial subjects but can also be used for celestial objects. The 5x24 finderscope will help you quickly center an object in your eyepiece for easier observing. Travel Backpack – A custom backpack comes with your telescope for you to store your optical tube, tripod, eyepieces and accessories comfortably. With the telescopes’ backpack, traveling with your telescope is a breeze; all the components fit inside of the backpack snuggly. Starry Night Software - Download Celestron’s Starry Night Software and learn about the night sky, celestial objects, and how to plan your next observing session. Celestron Starry Night Software is the premier astronomy software package on the market, providing resources and knowledge to view our solar system and beyond. "
The Celestron 21035 Travel Scope 70 is a compact 70mm refractor telescope optimized for portability and convenience. The telescope, the tripod, and all the accessories fit conveniently into a padded backpack style soft carrying case. The complete accessory package includes a 45 degree correct image prism, a 20mm eyepiece for 20X magnification, and a 10mm eyepiece for 40X. The fully illustrated instruction manual is supplemented by a copy of "The Sky X" astronomy software that turns your PC into a virtual planetarium.
With a focal length of 400mm and a focal ratio of f/5.7, the Travel Scope 70 compares surprisingly well with popular f/5 "Short Tube 80" refractors but at a much lower cost. The Travel Scope 70 uses a number of plastic components to keep the cost and weight down, including a plastic focuser and plastic lens shade, but the all glass lenses deliver beautiful views of backyard birds during the daytime and lovely views of the Moon and stars at night.
The Travel Scope 70 offers daytime views that compare with more expensive spotting scopes. The 20mm eyepiece gives 20X magnification and a 2.5 degree field of view, with plenty of crisp detail when I’m looking at backyard birds. The travel Scope 70 is also quick and easy to set up at night. The deep orange glow of the recent Lunar Eclipse was simply gorgeous, and I was even able to take some pictures using the Travel Scope 70 and a PowerShot camera. When I look at Jupiter using the 10mm eyepiece (40X magnification) I can easily see four moons near the planet. And rich field views of the Milky Way are often at their best in a small scope with a wide field of view.
The tripod included with the Travel Scope 70 is described as a “full size photo tripod”, but I like it best as a table-top tripod with the legs kept short. The tripod is designed to be light and compact, but that means the legs are thin and wobbly when fully extended. --Jeff Phillips
- Light, portable, and affordable
- Excellent wide field views
- Padded backpack style case
- High and low power eyepieces
- The Sky X software included
- Light weight tripod
- Plastic finder and focuser
- 70 mm refractor telescope with fully coated glass optics and a lightweight frame
- Custom backpack included to store your telescope and accessories comfortably
- Observe in no time with a quick and easy, no-tool setup
- Accessories include: two eyepieces (20 mm and 10 mm), 45° erect image diagonal, and 5x24 finderscope
- Pan handle Alt-Az control with clutch for smooth and accurate pointing
- Adjustable height tripod. Height adjustment range 22-52 inches
|Celestron PowerSeeker 127EQ Telescope
Lowest new price: $119.99
Lowest used price: $103.71
List price: $169.95
Celestron PowerSeeker telescopes are a great way to open up the wonders of the Universe to the aspiring astronomer. The PowerSeeker series is designed to give the first-time telescope user the perfect combination of quality, value, features and power.
Amateur astronomy is a great family hobby that can be enjoyed year round, and Celestron’s PowerSeekers are the ideal choice for an affordable and high quality telescope that will provide many hours of enjoyment for the entire family.
PowerSeekers are quick and easy to set up – even for the novice. No tools are required for assembly!
Their sturdy equatorial mounts are perfect for tracking objects in the night sky, and the collapsible alt-azimuth mounts are perfectly suited for terrestrial (land) viewing as well as astronomical use.
All of Celestron’s PowerSeekers include a full range of eyepieces plus a 3x Barlow lens that provides an increase in viewing power hundreds of times greater than that of the unaided eye!
PowerSeekers are designed and manufactured using all fully coated glass optical components with high transmission coatings for enhanced image brightness and clarity.
Erect Image Optics are ideal for terretrial (land) and astronomical (sky) use.
Locate and identify thousands of celestial objects on your laptop or PC with “TheSky®” Level 1 software included FREE with every PowerSeeker model.
- 3x Barlow Lens. Focal Ratio: f/7.87
- German Equatorial Mount. Optical tube length is 20 inches
- 127mm Aperture
- 1000mm Focal Length. Fully coated glass optical components with high transmission coatings for enhanced image brightness and clarity
- Comes with aluminum tripod and accessory tray.Focal Length of Eyepiece 1 (mm) 20 mm (0.79 in).Focal Length of Eyepiece 2 (mm) 4 mm (0.16 in)
|Celestron 21061 AstroMaster 70AZ Refractor Telescope
Lowest new price: $79.95
Lowest used price: $75.14
List price: $149.95
TE3)CELESTRON ASTROMASTER 70AZ SCOPE
- Quick and easy no-tool setup
- Permanently mounted StarPointer
- Erect image optics - Ideal for terrestrial and astronomical use
- Quick release dovetail attachment - no tool setup
- Optical Tube Length 36 inches (914 mm).Resolution (Rayleigh):1.99 arc seconds
- Pan handle Alt-Az control with clutch - for smooth and accurate pointing. Optical Lens Diameter 2.6" (70mm)
|Telescope, Travel Scope, 70mm Aperture 400mm AZ Mount Astronomical Refractor Telescope for Kids Beginners - Portable Travel Telescope with Carry Bag, Smartphone Adapter and Bluetooth Camera Remote
Lowest new price: $99.99
List price: $113.99
Model: AZ 70400
Gskyer 70mm Astronomical Refractor Telescope
This 70x400mm refractor telescope can be a good observation of celestial bodies and terrestrial objects - best for viewing lunar and planetary. Featuring all coated glass optical components, the travel scope provides clean, crisp views. Developed with the traveler in mind, this travel scope features a compact and portable design perfect for the on-the-go sky gazer.
● Type: Refractor
● Objective Lens: 70mm(2.75")
● Focal Length: 400mm(f/5.7)
● Mount: Altazimuth
● Eyepiece: Low: 25mm(16X), High:10mm(40X)
● Barlow lens: 3X
● Max Magnification: 120X
● Finderscope: 5×24 with cross-hair lines
● Zenith Mirrors: 48°Erecting BAK4 prism
● Tripod: 65cm(31.5") height adjustable Aluminum tripod
● If it shows a blurred picture, please adjust focus using focus wheel.
● When observing an outdoor target with an astronomical telescope indoors, do not close the window to avoid the deformation of the image caused by the reflection of the window glass.
● Use a telescope outdoors, please wait for the temperature of the product is the same as the outdoor temperature, the performance will be better.
● Avoid accidentally taking the telescope into a larger temperature difference environment because the moisture in the air will condense on the objective.
● NEVER aim your telescope at the sun or even close to the sun!
- 【High Quality Optics】 400mm(f/5.7) focal length and 70mm aperture, fully coated optics glass lens with high transmission coatings creates stunning images and protect your eyes. Perfect telescope for astronomers to explore stars.
- 【High Magnification】 Come with two replaceable eyepieces and one 3x Barlow lens. Eyepiece1: 25mm(16X), Eyepiece2: 10mm(40X). 3x Barlow lens trebles the magnifying power of each eyepiece. 5x24 finderscope with mounting bracket and cross-hair lines inside make locating objects easily.
- 【Bluetooth control】 Free includes one smartphone adapter and one bluetooth camera remote to explore the nature of the world easily through the screen and take amazing celestial images.
- 【Adjustable Tripod and Carry Bag】 This telescope allows for many different viewing positions with a adjustable aluminum alloy tripod and a carry bag, the telescope and tripod can fit inside the bag for easy traveling and storage.
- 【Satisfaction Warranty】 1-year warranty and lifetime maintenance. If you have any question about product and service, please feel free to contact us, we will do our best to help you.
|Orion 09007 SpaceProbe 130ST Equatorial Reflector Telescope (Black)
Lowest new price: $309.99
Lowest used price: $279.97
List price: $309.99
Our largest aperture SpaceProbe reflector telescope is the niftiest Newtonian reflector on an equatorial mount we've seen in a long time. The Orion SpaceProbe 130ST EQ Reflector Telescope is a step up from the standard SpaceProbe 130 EQ for the more serious beginning or intermediate stargazer who wants additional performance, particularly for targeting deep-sky objects. Just what's so nifty about the Orion SpaceProbe 130ST Equatorial Reflector Telescope? The answer is best described as short and sweet. First, the short. This ST, or Short Tube, version of the SpaceProbe 130 reflector is indeed more compact than the standard model. The 130ST reflector telescope's optical tube measures 24 inches long compared to 33 inches on the standard 130. The focal length of the ST's 130mm (5.1inch) primary mirror is 650mm (f/5), yielding a wider field of view and brighter images for a given telescope eyepiece focal length. That brings us to sweet. The 130mm aperture primary is a diffraction-limited parabolic mirror, the same type used on much larger reflector telescopes costing many times as much. On a short-focal-length design like this one, a parabolic mirror is a must for focusing incoming light to a point and delivering sharp, detailed images. Moreover, the secondary mirror is held in an advanced holder with thin 0.5mm metal vanes, to reduce diffraction spikes and light loss. These features combined with the included 25mm (26x power) and 10mm (65x power) Sirius Plossl telescope eyepieces and quick-release 6x30 achromatic finder scope make this one sweet optical system for astronomy! The SpaceProbe 130ST EQ reflector telescope also includes a collimation cap and center-marked primary mirror for easy optical alignment. The Orion SpaceProbe 130ST telescope comes on a sturdy and precise EQ-2 equatorial mount with dual setting circles and slow-motion hand controls.
- This 5.1 inch aperture reflector telescope gathers an ample amount of light for great views of the planets and Moon, as well as brighter galaxies, nebulas, and star clusters
- Short 24 inch long optical tube design for easy portability and fast f/5 focal ratio for pleasing wide-field performance makes the SpaceProbe 130ST EQ a very versatile telescope the whole family can enjoy
- Sturdy EQ-2 equatorial telescope mount and adjustable tripod allows manual slow-motion tracking of celestial objects as they appear to migrate across the night sky
- Complete assembled telescope weighs just 27 lbs. for convenient transport
- Includes two 1.25 inch Sirius Plossl eyepieces (25mm and 10mm), 6x30 finder scope, 1.25inch rack and pinion focuser, tripod accessory tray, collimation cap, Starry Night astronomy software, and more!
|Celestron 114LCM Computerized Telescope (Black)
Lowest new price: $249.99
Lowest used price: $224.17
List price: $249.99
Get the same star locating technology found on our observatory-grade telescopes at a price that fits your family’s budget with the 114LCM. Locates objects for you Leave the star maps at home; 114LCM computerized telescopes can locate thousands of celestial objects for you automatically. To get started, just perform our simple SkyAlign alignment procedure by centering any three bright objects in your telescope’s eyepiece. From there, your LCM can calculate the time, date, and location and orient itself with the night sky. Browse the hand control’s database and select any star, planet, galaxy, or nebulae in the database. Within seconds, your LCM centers it in the eyepiece and tracks it as it moves across the sky. Looking for something new to observe? Press the Sky Tour button and your LCM generates a list of the best celestial objects currently visible. Precision optics for detailed views With the largest optics in the LCM beginner telescope family, the 114LCM packs enough light-gathering ability to provide extraordinary views of all the best celestial objects. Explore our Solar System, from the moons of Jupiter to the rings of Saturn and beyond. Then venture further into deep space to view the Orion Nebula, Pleiades Star Cluster, and hundreds of other objects. You can even explore the craters of the Moon up close, with impressive detail. Everything you need to get started Even if you’ve never used a telescope before, Celestron makes it easy to get started with amateur astronomy. Your LCM telescope comes with an adjustable aluminum tripod, 2 high quality eyepieces, and a red dot finderscope. Plus, everything is backed by Celestron’s 2-year warranty. To enhance your experience under the stars, download Celestron’s free SkyPortal app. Listen to hundreds of audio descriptions of the most popular objects on your iOS or Android device while you observe them with your LCM telescope. Your 114LCM telescope can grow with you for years to come. Consider adding a Moon Filter or additional eyepieces as you progress with the hobby.
Celestron's computerized 114LCM telescope adds affordable GoTo technology to a compact Newtonian reflector. The complete package has everything you need except the batteries. The box contains high and low power eyepieces, the computer controller, an adjustable tripod, a red dot finder, and even a CD copy of "The SkyX" planetarium program for your computer.
The 114LCM's compact Newtonian optics produce images that are more than three times brighter than a 60mm beginner scope. With this telescope it's easy to see Saturn's rings and Jupiter's cloud belts. When the night air is still and clear I've been able to see the Cassini division in Saturn's rings and even spot the shadow of Jupiter's moons crossing the planets cloud tops. Deep space objects like star clusters and galaxies also show up nicely. The Ring Nebula M57, for instance, shows up as a pale smoke ring, and globular cluster M13 begins to reveal its individual stars.
Celestron's patented SkyAlign system is remarkably quick and easy to use. If you can see the moon, you can align this telescope. When you turn on the telescope, select "Solar System Align" on the hand control, enter the date and time, point the telescope at the moon, and press the "Enter" button. Then use the computer hand control to center the moon in the eyepiece and press the "Align" button. That's all it takes; the computerized tracking system takes over and begins tracking, quietly and accurately. Experienced users will like the "Two-Star Align" and "SkyAlign" modes because they allow the telescope to point to over 4,000 objects in the NexStar database. The accurate tracking allowed me to use a Celestron NexImage to take some nice close-up pictures of the moon and planets.
The biggest disadvantage of a computerized telescope is battery consumption. Standard AA alkaline batteries only last a few hours, but the 114LCM works very well with an external 12-volt battery such as Celestron's Power Tank. The "Lightweight Computerized Mount" of the 114LCM wobbles noticeably when I touch the focus knob, so I like to keep the tripod legs short and set my Power Tank battery on the accessory tray to keep the system from being top-heavy. –Jeff Phillips
- Easy computerized tracking system
- Bright Newtonian optics
- Includes everything but the batteries
- Short battery life
- Light weight tripod
- Computerized telescope automatically locates thousands of celestial objects using the NexStar+ hand control.
- Follow the simple SkyAlign alignment procedure and you're ready to observe in minutes!
- Large 114 mm Newtonian reflector offers the most light-gathering ability in the LCM telescope family.
- Not sure what to observe? Press the Sky Tour button and your telescope generates a list of the best objects currently visible
- Comes with everything you need to get started with astronomy, including 2 eyepieces and a full-height tripod.
- Gosky Universal Cell Phone Adapter Mount - Compatible Binocular Monocular Spotting Scope Telescope Microscope-Fits almost all Smartphone on the Market -Record The Nature The World
- Pwr Replacement for Celestron 18778 AC Adapter Telescope Power Cord - UL Listed 12V 2.5A Extra Long 12 Ft Compatible NexStar 4SE 5SE 6SE 8SE 130SLT 127SLT, LCM 114LCM 90LCM, CPC 800 1100 HD
- NightWatch: A Practical Guide to Viewing the Universe
- Celestron PowerSeeker Accessory Kit Telescope
- 50 Things To See With A Small Telescope
- Neewer 1.25 inches 13 Percent Transmission Neutral Density Moon Filter, Aluminum Frame Plastic Thread Optical Glass Telescope Eyepiece Filter Helping Reduce Overall Brightness and Irradiation (Black)
- Celestron Deluxe Mars Observing Telescope Accessory Kit, Get Ready to See Mars!
- Gosky Universal Cell Phone Adapter Mount – Compatible with Binocular Monocular Spotting Scope Telescope Microscope-for Phone Sony Samsung Etc (Standard Type+ Wire Shutter)
- Celestron T-Adapter with SCT 5, 6, 8 with 9.25, 11, 14, Black (93633-A)
- Celestron 93969 Sky Sync GPS Accessory, Black
|TELMU Telescope 70mm Aperture Refracting Telescope Adjustable(17.7In-35.4In) Portable Travel Telescopes for Astronomy with Backpack, Phone Adapter for Any Model
Lowest new price: $89.99
List price: $99.99
TELMU 70mm telescopes are for beginning astronomers, and designed to help you become familiar with the night sky. Using the scope, you can start with a look at the moon, move on to the planets of our solar system, and then venture on to the "deep sky" to examine universe secrets!!!
Buy this optical telescope if you answer yes to the following four questions:
1、Do you want to extend your visual range ?
2、Do you want to nourish children's interest for discovery?
3、Do you have a child that full of curiosity to the stars in the sky and animals on the land?
4、Do you want to find a great toy to tighter your bond with your child?
How to Focusing?
1. Take out the dust cover on the main body, and recommended put into a lower power eyepiece first
2. Adjust the body tube that is roughly aligned with the observed target (Only can observe the distance exceeds 100 meters), you'd better to search for a large object (ex: house) that is close to the target.
3. Then use the finder scope to aim at the object that you want to observe and make it in the center of the field of view
4. Then rotate the focus hand wheel slowly until you see the clearest image.
Type: Refractor Telescope
Objective Lens: 70mm(2.75")
Focal Length: 400mm
Eyepiece: K6mm:67X ; K25mm:16X
Finderscope: 5×24 with Mounting Bracket
Prism: 90°Correct Image Prims Diagonal
Tripod: Adjustable Aluminum Tripod
1x TELMU Telescope Tube
1 x Adjustable tripod
1 x K6mm Eyepiece
1 x K25mm Eyepiece
1 x 5X24 Finderscope
1 x Black Rucksack
1 x Cell Phone Holder
1 x Diagonal
1 x User Manual
- ◐ ULTRA-CLEAR REFRACTING TELESCOPE: With 400 mm focal length and 70 mm aperture to capture more clear picture and optical glass coated for enhanced image brightness to protect your eyes. A awesome tool helps beginners and students to explore the space.
- ◑ OPTIMUM MAGNIFICATION: Two replaceable 1.25" Kellner eyepiece(K6mm/16X, K25/67X) to enhance the power for this astronomical telescope. 5X24 finderscope with mounting bracket and cross line, erect-image diagonal make locating objects more easily.
- ◒ EASY TO OPERATION: No tools are required for refractor telescope even for the novice. Adjusted from about 17.7-inch to 35.4-inch. Allowed for many different observational positions and keep the whole tripod steady with castor wheel.
- ◓ SHARING IN REAL TIME: You can take pictures or videos and share them with your family and friends in real time with the phone holder. Star telescope is suitable for kids who love science to discover the mystery of universe.
- ◔ RELAIBLE GUARANTEE- Come with a backpack and delicate box as a extra gift to your family. TELMU provides 24 month warranty to our customers. If you have any problem with this space telescope after you receive it, please contact us at first time.
- 50 Things To See With A Telescope - Kids: A Constellation Focused Approach
- Ultimate Explorer Field Guide: Night Sky: Find Adventure! Go Outside! Have Fun! Be a Backyard Stargazer! (National Geographic Kids Ultimate Explorer Field Guide)
- 50 Things to See with a Telescope: A young stargazer's guide
- 50 Things To See With A Small Telescope
- Astronomy for Kids: How to Explore Outer Space with Binoculars, a Telescope, or Just Your Eyes!
- 100 Things to See in the Night Sky: From Planets and Satellites to Meteors and Constellations, Your Guide to Stargazing
- Guide to the Stars
- AmScope M150C-PS25 Compound Monocular Microscope, WF10x and WF25x Eyepieces, 40x-1000x Magnification, LED Illumination, Brightfield, Single-Lens Condenser, Coaxial Coarse and Fine Focus, Plain Stage, 110V, Includes Set of 25 Prepared Slides
- NightWatch: A Practical Guide to Viewing the Universe
- AmScope M150C-I 40X-1000X All-Metal Optical Glass Lenses Cordless LED Student Biological Compound Microscope
|Celestron NexStar 130SLT Computerized Telescope
Lowest new price: $399.00
Lowest used price: $511.90
List price: $499.95
The popularity of our NexStar 114 models inspired us to go bigger! We are proud to introduce NexStar 130SLT. The NexStar 130SLT has 30% more light-gathering power than our 114 mm telescope. And the 130SLT, like the other models in the SLT Series, comes with a fully computerized hand control. The computerized hand control gives you the ability to automatically slew to any of its 4,000+ objects, including over 600 galaxies, 300 clusters and dozens of beautiful binary stars. With its pre-assembled, adjustable steel tripod, the NexStar 130SLT can be up and ready to use in a matter of minutes. Our new SkyAlign alignment technology and the included StarPointer Finderscope with a red LED, makes aligning a breeze. View the details of the lunar surface, the rings of Saturn, the polar ice caps on Mars, the cloud belts on Jupiter or a number of the Messier objects such as the globular cluster in Hercules (M13), or the Great Nebula in Orion (M42). Begin to explore some of the fainter Messier objects using the additional light-gathering capabilities of the 130SLT’s 5" primary mirror. Because of the Newtonian design, the mirror gives fully color-corrected views that are best suited for astronomical use.
Amazon.com Celestron’s computerized NexStar 130 SLT adds affordable "Go-To" technology to a compact Newtonian reflector telescope. By using mirrors instead of lenses, the Newtonian optics of the NexStar 130 SLT produce an image nearly five times brighter than the NexStar 60 SLT refractor telescope. The package includes everything except the batteries, and features easy no-tool setup, two good eyepieces, and even includes a student version of "The Sky" planetarium software.
The Newtonian design of the NexStar 130 SLT is optimized to produce bright images over a wide field of view. When I use an optional 32mm Plossl eyepiece, the famous Double Cluster in Perseus looks like a display of celestial fireworks with streamers of stars trailing across the 2 degree field of view. The standard equipment 25mm eyepiece magnifies the image about 26 times, with a wide field of view just right for viewing deep space objects like star clusters or the Orion Nebula.
The included 9mm eyepiece (72x magnification) offers great views of the Lunar disk and globular star clusters like M13. And when I add a 2x Barlow lens to the 9mm eyepiece for a total magnification of 144x, I can easily see cloud bands on the planet Jupiter and pick up detail in Saturn’s rings.
The NexStar 130 SLT also features Celestron’s patented SkyAlign technology. With SkyAlign I don't need a star chart or a compass to align the telescope, I just enter the date and time then point the telescope at three bright stars. SkyAlign tells me the star names, and allows the telescope to find over 4,000 stars, planets, and galaxies by just pushing a button. The accurate tracking makes it easy to get high power views of the planets, and allowed me to take some great pictures using a Celestron NexImage webcam. I also like the "Two-Star align" and "Solar System align" modes because I can often get the NexStar system up and running while older scopes are still waiting for their alignment stars to appear in he twilight.
Reflector telescopes offer more light gathering power per dollar than any other design, but that value is balanced by the fact that the mirrors may need to be aligned or "collimated" occasionally. Using Celestron’s Collimation Eyepiece I had no trouble fine tuning the optical alignment, and I was rewarded with sharp views of Lunar craters even when I pushed the magnification up to the theoretical limit of 300x. The other drawback of a computerized telescope, of course, is battery consumption. An optional PowerTank battery is a handy way to power the NexStar 130 SLT, and I like to keep the tripod legs short and observe while seated because this gives me a solid and comfortable view. --Jeff Phillips
- Wide field views
- Computerized go-to tracking
- Light and portable
- Short battery life
- Sensitive to vibration
- Celestron Accessory Kit
- Celestron PowerTank battery
- Celestron Collimation Eyepiece
- Aperture: 130mm; focal length: 650mm; compatible with 2 inch eyepieces
- Focal ratio: 5; focal length of eyepiece 1/2: 25mm/9mm.Before you can begin observing, you must setup your hand control, align your finderscope and align your telescope
- Magnification of eyepiece 1/2: 26x/72x; finder scope: star pointer; mount type: motorized altazimuth
- Highest/lowest useful magnification: 307x/19x; light gathering power: 345x
- Apparent field of view: 1.7 degrees; Linear field of view (at 1000Yds): 91ft
- Computerized hand control with 4,000+ object database including over 600 galaxies, 300 clusters and dozens of beautiful binary stars
- SkyAlign allows you to align on any 3 bright celestial objects
- Motorized Altazimuth mount
- Focal ratio: f5
- Focal length: 650mm
|Celestron PowerSeeker 50 AZ Refractor Telescope
Lowest new price: $39.99
List price: $44.48
The Celestron PowerSeeker 50 telescope is a great way to open up the wonders of the universe to the aspiring astronomer. It's portable yet powerful with ample optical performance to excite any newcomer to the world of amateur astronomy.
- Quick and easy no-tool setup
- Slow motion controls for smooth tracking
- Erect image optics - Ideal for terrestrial and astronomical use
- Fully coated glass optical components with high transmission coatings for enhanced image brightness and clarity
- 3x Barlow lens triples the magnifying power of each eyepiece
- Accessory tray for convenient storage of accessories
- BONUS Astronomy Software download with a 10,000 object database, printable sky maps and 75 enhanced images
|Meade Instruments Infinity 50mm AZ Refractor Telescope
Lowest new price: $40.73
List price: $40.73
Brand: Meade Instruments
Ideal for the observer who views both astronomical and terrestrial objects, the Meade Infinity Series combines an altazimuth mount and quality optics for a superb value. For newcomers and beginners alike, these refracting telescopes are a great way for you to discover the cosmos and the outdoors. You’ll discover more with the Meade Infinity Series.
The Meade Infinity 50 Refractor telescope is a great telescope to introduce a younger audience to astronomy. This 50mm (2.0") aperture gives bright, sharp images for both land and celestial objects. Whether you're viewing the lunar craters, Jupiter, or terrestrial objects, the Infinity 50 Refractor allows the first-time observer to explore the world around them.
Pros: Right-side up image means you can use it for daytime observing (birds, hunting, ocean, etc)
Refractor means you don’t have mirrors to align (collimate); it’s ready to go out of the box
Tracking celestial objects is less easy than an EQ mount because the controls function left, right, up, down whereas EQ mounts turn with the rotation of the Earth
No slow motion controls
Q: How is this telescope different than the other Infinity models (90, 80, 70, etc)?
A: The differences between each model are aperture size. The bigger the aperture, the more light-gathering power the telescope will have, resulting in brighter, detailed images. The Infinity 50 has a 50mm aperture, a smaller aperture size than the other Infinity telescopes, but also has the lowest cost.
- Aperture: 50mm(2"). focal length: 600mm. Focal Ratio: f/12. Rack-and-pinion Focuser
- Altazimuth mount makes pointing the telescope easy
- Low (20mm), medium (12mm), high (4mm) magnification eyepieces give you variety for any viewing situation & 2x Barlow lens doubles the magnifying power of each eyepiece
- 5x24 optical Viewfinder helps you point your scope at objects you want to observe & accessory tray stores accessories while observing
- Includes astronomical software and instructional DVD
Page 1 of 82
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED AS IS AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.