IBM (07N5574) 1GB Microdrive with PC Card
Packing 1 GB of data storage onto a disk the size of an American quarter, IBM's Microdrive holds up to one thousand high-resolution photographs, one thousand 200-page novels, or nearly 18 hours of high-quality digital-audio music.
The 1 GB Microdrive brings affordable high-capacity, high-performance data storage to a variety of handheld electronic products, including digital cameras, handheld PCs, PDAs, portable Internet music players, and video cameras. It can also serve as a data-exchange accessory to notebook computers, desktop computers, and printers. Future applications may include wearable computers, electronic books, GPS receivers, smart phones, and electronic wallets.
- Provides high-capacity, high-performance removable storage for up to 1 GB in a one-inch hard disk drive
- Integrates with a variety of handheld devices through use of the industry- standard CF+ Type II format
- Provides reliable storage for digital cameras, handheld PCs, digital audio players, laptops, and other portable handheld devices
- Incorporates leading-edge IBM technologies such as giant magnetoresistive (GMR) head technology, Enhanced Adaptive Battery Life Extender 3.0, others
- Includes a PC Card (PCMCIA) adapter for use with notebook computers
The IBM Microdrive* provides breakthrough storage capacity for portable electronic devices in an industry-standard CF+ Type II form factor. This capacity enables users of digital cameras to capture more high-resolution photoswithout having to frequently download data. In addition, handheld PC users can access more applications and maintain large databases, while notebook users can back up and transport their data more quickly and conveniently. Weighing only 16 grams, the IBM Microdrive provides outstanding capacity in a compact, portable package-a key requirement for today's handheld devices With a maximum sustained data rate exceeding 4 MB/sec, the IBM Microdrive provides a significant performance improvement over current flash memory. As a result, large files can be transferred very quickly, and users can be much more productive.